PDA

View Full Version : "Patty Mills is trash"-- Rob Diaz

spursistan
05-20-2017, 10:27 PM
Probably the call of this decade by RD2191 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42690) that best captures how much overrated this dude has been all these years..

I'll know our front office have lost the plot if they break the bank for a microwave version of a player..

Nothing special: a bench spark plug whose value tied to shooting and nothing else...Completely outplayed by his rookie backup against the big boys..

spursistan
05-20-2017, 10:30 PM
The series has certainly driven down his price anyway..And I still wouldn't pay a double digit salary for multiple years to keep him ..

RD2191
05-20-2017, 10:30 PM
:bobo thanks for the acknowledgement brother.

Nathan89
05-20-2017, 10:31 PM
:wow

illusioNtEk
05-20-2017, 10:31 PM
If anything helps bring his value lower.... I would offer 8 mill a year

objective
05-20-2017, 10:33 PM
WCF 3 pt % = 14%

33% in second round

23% in second round 2016

Can't wait to pay big bucks for a declining fatter Mills!

SASdynasty!
05-20-2017, 10:33 PM
He's a good off-ball catch and shoot SG sometimes. He's just not a PG.

Stabula
05-20-2017, 10:34 PM
Patty Mills is our best player

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 10:35 PM
Good call for sure. He's not trash but he is in context of running a playoff team. All the "Start Patty" people are dead on arrival now.

It's funny how when some of us called out Mills for lack of handle, ability to handle pressure and running an offense we got hate. Everyone see's it now.

tmtcsc
05-20-2017, 10:38 PM
TP's injury cost Patty Mills a lot of $$. If there is a silver lining its that the Spurs now know that MIlls is not a PG. I like the guy, he's a terrific teammate from all accounts, great with the fans but he has his limitations. Needs to score to be effective.

coachmac87
05-20-2017, 10:40 PM
Good call for sure. He's not trash but he is in context of running a playoff team. All the "Start Patty" people are dead on arrival now.

It's funny how when some of us called out Mills for lack of handle, ability to handle pressure and running an offense we got hate. Everyone see's it now.

It's more his in ability to finish at the rim...it's either 3 ball or 18ft jumper coming off screens.

Play Boban
Pity Mills is good at his normal role, but a starting point guard he is not. Anyone with any brain matter could see this all along tbh.

Darius Bieber
I keep telling you homies that RobDiaz is an OG tbh

midnightpulp
05-20-2017, 10:46 PM
Tried to tell the crew, he's a natural bench player. Great at coming in and sparking offense. Crap at managing a game from the start. Not his fault, obviously. The Parker injury forced him into a role he's not made for.

Budkin
05-20-2017, 10:47 PM

I love me some Rob D.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2017, 10:48 PM
TP's injury cost Patty Mills a lot of $$. If there is a silver lining its that the Spurs now know that MIlls is not a PG. I like the guy, he's a terrific teammate from all accounts, great with the fans but he has his limitations. Needs to score to be effective.

this is pretty much spot on - no reason to pay big bucks now

ElNono
05-20-2017, 10:49 PM
He's a fine PG. He can't compete against the elite of PGs in the league, but neither can TP at this stage... the reality is that this team built around LMA and that's been costly in a lot of ways. Especially when Kawhi isn't there to put some makeup on it.

I wish Patty a solid career wherever he goes. I'm sure he's going to get paid regardless...

RD2191
05-20-2017, 10:50 PM

I love me some Rob D.

Muh brothas :hat

ducks
mills is not a point guard manu creates for him
mills is a sg in a small pg body
he is a catch and shoot guy

SpurOutofTownFan
He's a fine PG. He can't compete against the elite of PGs in the league, but neither can TP at this stage... the reality is that this team built around LMA and that's been costly in a lot of ways. Especially when Kawhi isn't there to put some makeup on it.

I wish Patty a solid career wherever he goes. I'm sure he's going to get paid regardless...

Is there a way LMA can be traded for a PG at all?

spursistan
05-20-2017, 10:53 PM
Tried to tell the crew, he's a natural bench player. Great at coming in and sparking offense. Crap at managing a game from the start. Not his fault, obviously. The Parker injury forced him into a role he's not made for.
Awaiting the helmet krew spin for this shit..:lol

The idea that he could be a starting point guard for a contender or pseudo one has been completely destroyed in this series..

ElNono
05-20-2017, 10:54 PM
Is there a way LMA can be traded for a PG at all?

Who would bite? Westbrook would be ideal, I think, but they're already full of bigs...

I would also take Gobert and GHill back... it won't match up against elite PGs, but it would be elite paint defense... Gobert gets hurt a lot though

SpursforSix
05-20-2017, 10:54 PM
Y'all should know that I've caught Rob masturbating over a picture of Lisa Leslie. All hunched over...Chinese eyes...spurting little drops of protate cancer all over a Sports Illustrated picture.

SpursforSix
05-20-2017, 10:56 PM
And he was wearing a rubber Obama mask

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 10:56 PM

What? TP more than held serve vs the highest paid PG in the league. You sort of implying there is no difference in Mills vs TP is mind boggling .

SAGirl
05-20-2017, 10:58 PM
Product of Manu. We knew that to be true, but I guess some hoped (Pop included apparently) he could be more.
He's overrated and a bit of a chucker. Plays well off the ball and other ppl but if you need him to be the man, look elsewhere.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2017, 10:58 PM
Who would bite? Westbrook would be ideal, I think, but they're already full of bigs...

I would also take Gobert and GHill back... it won't match up against elite PGs, but it would be elite paint defense... Gobert gets hurt a lot though

GHill would make sense, the Spurs only let him go because they were getting Leonard and Pop saw something there. I remember he said he was heartbroken over letting Hill go. He isn't top PG but he can actually play point. With Parker gone and on the decline the Spurs need some dependability there.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 10:59 PM
What? TP more than held serve vs the highest paid PG in the league. You sort of implying there is no difference in Mills vs TP is mind boggling .

Conley had a very fine series against the Spurs, he was probably the best Grizz. Look, again, no hate on TP, his role needs to be reduced, and there's nothing wrong with that. He also can't compete with the CP3, Westbrooks, Irvings, etc.

SAGirl
05-20-2017, 11:00 PM
Good honest take.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2017, 11:01 PM

I think he's stating the obvious about TP. He is hurt and no one knows whether he would even start next season. He also has a lot of mileage on his legs and the Spurs can't rely on him to score 30 points anymore on a consistent basis. So who does then?

spurraider21
05-20-2017, 11:02 PM
he's not trash, he's just not a starting caliber player... but has been asked to step in as a starter due to injury, where he has been exposed

DMC
05-20-2017, 11:02 PM
You cannot really build to beat a stacked team. I don't see how it's possible. You can hope they run into a financial wall as guys demand more when success piles up, but you cannot just go out and buy more best in class guys. They don't exist.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 11:03 PM
I think he's stating the obvious about TP. He is hurt and no one knows whether he would even start next season. He also has a lot of mileage on his legs and the Spurs can't rely on him to score 30 points anymore on a consistent basis. So who does then?

Yeah, it's time to dial it back. Unfortunately, the Spurs will need to compete against the elite, and Murray probably still needs a season or two, so what to do? The Spurs need better defense and more consistent scoring from that spot.

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 11:04 PM

I don't think that is what he was saying (in context of what we have been discussing about level of play this playoffs). But sure. Despite terrible TP in the regular season, SA was a top 2 team.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 11:07 PM
I don't think that is what he was saying (in context of what we have been discussing about level of play this playoffs). But sure. Despite terrible TP in the regular season, SA was a top 2 team.

I never said Tony was bad this playoffs. The opposite, actually. I do think at this point asking him to compete night in and night out against the elite is unrealistic (like asking Manu to drop 20 ppg every night).

Again, that has nothing to do with Tony, and everything to do with father time. I don't think Tony is going anywhere, so the Spurs will probably have to reconsider his role.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2017, 11:09 PM

We all want TP back next season. But like Manu, he can't keep the scoring for the team anymore on a consistent basis. It's a natural thing to occur. I think both TP and Manu still have important roles to play with the Spurs in a very controlled fashion. There's still plenty they can do without getting in the way of other players, whether trades, FAs or upcoming.

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 11:09 PM
I never said Tony was bad this playoffs. The opposite, actually. I do think at this point asking him to compete night in and night out against the elite is unrealistic (like asking Manu to drop 20 ppg every night).

Again, that has nothing to do with Tony, and everything to do with father time. I don't think Tony is going anywhere, so the Spurs will probably have to reconsider his role.

Now ya. But even with him starting this year SA had a top 2 record is what I'm saying.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 11:11 PM
Now ya. But even with him starting this year SA had a top 2 record is what I'm saying.

It's bittersweet though, because while the team might've overachieved, Kawhi really had to carry a lot of the burden, and we're spoiled brats that are not happy unless we get a LOBT.

This playoffs also seem to confirm that LMA is not going to be a good #2.... we're just going to have to get better in other places.

tmtcsc
05-20-2017, 11:12 PM

Gonna disagree with you here. He's a fine 2 guard but not a creator at the PG position. Average to below average defender due to his size.

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 11:13 PM
It's bittersweet though, because while the team might've overachieved, Kawhi really had to carry a lot of the burden, and we're spoiled brats that are not happy unless we get a LOBT.

This playoffs also seem to confirm that LMA is not going to be a good #2.... we're just going to have to get better in other places.

I mean, I somewhat agree, but with Kawhi carrying the load SA seemed to have a legit shot vs GS so LM may be good "enough" to beat GS. Who knows.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 11:15 PM
Gonna disagree with you here. He's a fine 2 guard but not a creator at the PG position. Average to below average defender due to his size.

The league is full of those though (defensive liabilities running PG, chuckers). Some of them (like Westbrook) hide it somewhat with his athletic ability, which is obviously off the chart, and puts him in the elite, where Patty could never hope to be.

But even TP was criticized in the past for being more of a scorer than a play maker. Pop likes scorers more than traditional PGs anyways, so it's no surprise he likes Patty.

BackHome
05-20-2017, 11:19 PM
We just can't go into next year with Tony hurt and Murray and Mills as backups. We need to get a starting PG who has good handles can take it to the rack and is able to dish to his team.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2017, 11:23 PM
We just can't go into next year with Tony hurt and Murray and Mills as backups. We need to get a starting PG who has good handles can take it to the rack and is able to dish to his team.

This is the first thing they will need to fix regardless of any other considerations or whatever people want

objective
05-20-2017, 11:24 PM
Don't want Mills back and want Parker stretched

Hoops Czar
05-20-2017, 11:26 PM

You lost me at "he's a fine pg." He is NOT and never was a pg. He is a SG in a pg's body and that's all he'll ever be.

Hoops Czar
05-20-2017, 11:28 PM
Forget about it. He just doesn't get it.

TimDunkem
05-20-2017, 11:30 PM
You cannot really build to beat a stacked team. I don't see how it's possible. You can hope they run into a financial wall as guys demand more when success piles up, but you cannot just go out and buy more best in class guys. They don't exist.But do we really need that? Imho, we just need a guy who can CONSISTENTLY compliment Kawhi. LMA isn't that guy.

spursistan
05-20-2017, 11:52 PM
I will take winning 50-54 games/4th-5th seed next season with Murray thrown in the fire (+ minimum vet backup) running the point over getting stuck with Patty for the next few years..

objective
05-21-2017, 12:03 AM
If they dump Gasol, stretch Parker, dump Anderson, renounce Mills and Dedmon, and if Lee opts in ...

They can get over $30 million in space and still match on Simmons.

Better any point guard out there, Hill, Holiday, Paul or Lower, and roll with the player when Murray as back up with a minimum like Beno as 3rd string than coming back with crap Mills who is shooting terribly AGAIN in the playoffs and having to deal with a hobbled Parker who might not be back until January ...

Mills and Parker = death sentence

Can't wait for summer 2018 to get Kawhi help, that free agent class is trash.

It's now or never.

Chris
05-21-2017, 12:05 AM
He's the ultimate 6th man and team player. You guys are asking for a lot without MVParker running the show :lol

MaNu4Tres
05-21-2017, 12:43 AM
Ahem...

Who still thinks Spurs should pay Patty 44-50 mil over 4 yrs? Or hell, 36-40 mil ovet 3?

sammy
05-21-2017, 12:49 AM
Am I disappointed in Patty, yes! He's not a point guard! Pop needs to bring in Anderson or Manu as point guard! I really miss Boris as he could pass the ball but he was tough down low compared soft Gasol!

SpurOutofTownFan
05-21-2017, 12:55 AM
Am I disappointed in Patty, yes! He's not a point guard! Pop needs to bring in Anderson or Manu as point guard! I really miss Boris as he could pass the ball but he was tough down low compared soft Gasol!

I said it before, Boris could have been a good help because the opp team would have respect his passing and/or shooting. It was just too easy for GS to cover all threats.

therealtruth
05-21-2017, 01:35 AM
Anderson is the Diaw replacement. The most important thing at the PG position is a guy who can defend. The next nice to have is being able to shoot to spread the floor. Then also finishing inside. If Murray can extend his range like Kawhi did that would be ideal. What makes the Warriors so deadly is the number of playmakers and two-way players.

The system gets you 60 regular season wins but being able to make plays gets you playoff wins.

DMC
05-21-2017, 02:27 AM
Anderson is the Diaw replacement. The most important thing at the PG position is a guy who can defend. The next nice to have is being able to shoot to spread the floor. Then also finishing inside. If Murray can extend his range like Kawhi did that would be ideal. What makes the Warriors so deadly is the number of playmakers and two-way players.

The system gets you 60 regular season wins but being able to make plays gets you playoff wins.

You need a PG who can attack the rim off the dribble without a lot of screens to free up shooters. The league didn't suddenly figure out how to beat the beautiful game, but you have to have the tools for it.

-21-
05-21-2017, 04:37 AM

Pity Mills is good at his normal role, but a starting point guard he is not. Anyone with any brain matter could see this all along tbh.

he's not trash, he's just not a starting caliber player... but has been asked to step in as a starter due to injury, where he has been exposed

^These are all true. I love Patty, he's a terrific teammate and was huge in '14, but he's not cut out to be a starter. No matter where he ends up, I wish him luck.

Ice009
05-21-2017, 04:54 AM

There were reports out that Mills himself thinks he's a starting caliber PG when free agency discussions were brought up earlier in the season. He said he wants to start at PG in the NBA. That's when a bunch of us said no way in heck do we want him getting paid big money and starting at PG for the Spurs. If that's what he wanted, a bunch of us wanted nothing to do with it.

He's an undersized shooting guard. I'd rather use that money on an actual sized shooting guard that can play defense and get to the rim. If it was me, I wouldn't pay Mills anything more than 6 million a year. I'm just worried that his piss poor playoffs has brought his price down into the Spurs' range.

I'm Australian and I don't really want him back at all (unless it's for 6 million or less). Great, great guy, but after his performance in the playoffs, I am now starting to feel that Kawhi is becoming a player of Tim Duncan's caliber and the Spurs have to do everything they can to surround him with a team that can compete for Championships. Can't waste money on undersized shooting guards. Try and get a real sized shooting guard instead that plays defense and can get to the rim.

^These are all true. I love Patty, he's a terrific teammate and was huge in '14, but he's not cut out to be a starter. No matter where he ends up, I wish him luck.

Man, yet another person bringing up how "huge" he was in '14. He was not huge at all. He was very, very average in the first 3 rounds of the playoffs (8th or 9th man at best), and then he had 3 good finals games (game 3, 4 and 5). Those last three games are the only games anyone seems to remember.

He could not hit a shot to save his life in the OKC series before the finals. He was really bad outside of the second half of game 6 in that series.

TrainOfThought5
05-21-2017, 06:06 AM
Probably the call of this decade by RD2191 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42690) that best captures how much overrated this dude has been all these years..

I'll know our front office have lost the plot if they break the bank for a microwave version of a player..

Nothing special: a bench spark plug whose value tied to shooting and nothing else...Completely outplayed by his rookie backup against the big boys..

We needed a PG. hes not a PG

SpursforSix
05-21-2017, 06:08 AM
We all want TP back next season.

Lol. I'm not sure that's accurate.

SpursforSix
05-21-2017, 06:10 AM
We needed a PG. hes not a PG

That sums it up. At this point, Pop needs to star Murray at PG. Mills is playing out of position.

J_Paco
05-21-2017, 06:29 AM

:rollin:rollin:rollin "He's a fine PG...."

No, he's a good back-up combo guard when playing the appropriate role of scorer off the bench. He isn't able to effectively run a NBA offense as a starter. Doesn't have the vision, handles or all-around scoring ability.

Parker is 36 years old with tons of mileage added up after a HOF career. Of course he can't compete (consistently) against guys younger, more athletic and with less mileage.

LMAO

"Team built around LaMarcus....."

:downspin::downspin::downspin:

No, just no. That is like saying the '98 - '14 Spurs were built around anyone other than Timmy. The team is clearly built around Kawhi and LaMarcus was supposed to be his "Robin," but clearly he is in the early stage of his decline....

ElNono
05-21-2017, 01:50 PM

No, he's a good back-up combo guard when playing the appropriate role of scorer off the bench. He isn't able to effectively run a NBA offense as a starter. Doesn't have the vision, handles or all-around scoring ability.

Parker is 36 years old with tons of mileage added up after a HOF career. Of course he can't compete (consistently) against guys younger, more athletic and with less mileage.

LMAO

There's nothing funny about that. That's why I said the Spurs need to revisit TP role going forward. Some people took it as a slight to Tony, but it's nothing like it.

And Patty is a fine PG for a non-contender. The Spurs can't expect to compete with the elite at that position with either of them though.

"Team built around LaMarcus....."

:downspin::downspin::downspin:

No, just no. That is like saying the '98 - '14 Spurs were built around anyone other than Timmy. The team is clearly built around Kawhi and LaMarcus was supposed to be his "Robin," but clearly he is in the early stage of his decline....

The only two players with max deals are LMA and Kawhi... they're #1 and #2... that's what the team has been built around. Kawhi delivered as #1 while he could, but LMA is not even a #2, tbh... that's the reality of it.

Mikeanaro
05-21-2017, 02:08 PM
The only two players with max deals are LMA and Kawhi... they're #1 and #2... that's what the team has been built around. Kawhi delivered as #1 while he could, but LMA is not even a #2, tbh... that's the reality of it.
I think he is a number 2 all the way, if you know what I mean :lol

therealtruth
05-21-2017, 04:05 PM
Mills will be a career backup. He's too much of a defensive liability to be a starting PG.

Keepin' it real
05-21-2017, 04:42 PM
Who is this "Rob Diaz" you speak of?

pgardn
05-21-2017, 04:57 PM

The Spurs already knew this. It took an injury to Parker to show a few idiots on this board.

Need to keep him and play him in the correct role. He needs the right people around him. Pop needs to apologize to him for having to put him in the spot. Mills sacrificed for the team.

tonight...you
05-21-2017, 05:47 PM
Has there been even one dabom post in this bitch?

dabom
05-21-2017, 05:49 PM
Has there been even one dabom (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=47543) post in this bitch?

Why do I wan't to blow ths thread up? They are obviously making it a point to stop Patty. He is a role player for fucks sake. He is there to make it easier for Kawhi. It doesn't work when Kawhi isn't playing. Fuck off son.

dabom
05-21-2017, 05:53 PM
Patty is running the offense through LMA. Just like Pop is telling him too. Patty ain't the problem, faggots. I watch too much BB to understand our real problems.

Patty played great in the houston series, so easy to forget for ya cucks. Even after Pop playing porker the whole year even though everyone knows he has durability issues. You just don't go from back up to starter and not miss a beat.

You need experience too. Some of ya are little insufferable bitches. No one was complaining when we were winning vs GSW and we had Patty. :lmao

dabom
05-21-2017, 05:54 PM
I'm glad to have shut down this thread by the way. :lmao

SAGirl
05-21-2017, 06:01 PM
Meltdown in progress :lol

dabom
05-21-2017, 06:05 PM
And if any of ya pussy bitches says otherwise, you just ain't as knowledgeable as me.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 06:13 PM

tonight...you
05-21-2017, 06:15 PM
Patty is running the offense through LMA. Just like Pop is telling him too. Patty ain't the problem, faggots. I watch too much BB to understand our real problems.

Patty played great in the houston series, so easy to forget for ya cucks. Even after Pop playing porker the whole year even though everyone knows he has durability issues. You just don't go from back up to starter and not miss a beat.

You need experience too. Some of ya are little insufferable bitches. No one was complaining when we were winning vs GSW and we had Patty. :lmao
Lol, you telling me to fuck off when I'm the one giving you the juice for this ride.
Just make sure you're over 55" for this one, okay?

Now: GO.

spursistan
05-21-2017, 06:15 PM

dabom
05-21-2017, 06:16 PM
Lol, you telling me to fuck off when I'm the one giving you the juice for this ride.
Just make sure you're over 55" for this one, okay?

Now: GO.

Where you bitching when we were up 25 with Patty out there with Kawhi?

You don't need to answer. :lol

Silver&Black
05-21-2017, 06:16 PM

tonight...you
05-21-2017, 06:18 PM
Where you bitching when we were up 25 with Patty out there with Kawhi?

You don't need to answer. :lol
No I don't. Stupid questions don't need answers. Carry on, big boy.

therealtruth
05-21-2017, 06:59 PM
Patty spaces the floor and gets you offense against bench players. Not so much when he's got really good defensive player guarding him.

Hoops Czar
05-21-2017, 07:54 PM

He went from a fine pg to a fine pg on a non-contender. :lmao Elnono's still the king of goalpost moving. Any team that has Patty running the offense is looking to tank for the draft lottery.

Hoops Czar
05-21-2017, 07:57 PM

Broke ass player going 1-8 from three :lmao

Getting schooled by a rookie:lmao

The real reason the Spurs blew a 23 point lead.:lmao

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 08:30 PM
Broke ass player going 1-8 from three :lmao

Getting schooled by a rookie:lmao

The real reason the Spurs blew a 23 point lead.:lmao
:wow

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 08:31 PM
Some players are better at going up against starting units, others make careers out of playing against other bench players. Another reason to really appreciate what Duncan and Parker gave us for nearly 2 decades.....

Ice009
05-21-2017, 10:09 PM
The Spurs already knew this. It took an injury to Parker to show a few idiots on this board.

Need to keep him and play him in the correct role. He needs the right people around him. Pop needs to apologize to him for having to put him in the spot. Mills sacrificed for the team.

Apologize to him? My goodness man, what are you guys on?

Mills averages something like 4-5 ppg in the playoffs. He's not even good in that undersized shooting guard role. Why the f#$k do people want him back? Especially for the salary, he is likely to get? I'd rather have Cojo for the money he's getting paid 10/10 times.

therealtruth
05-21-2017, 10:15 PM
Hard to score on an all-defense level player. He has to at least keep Klay Thompson working on defense.

BackHome
05-21-2017, 10:17 PM
I LOVE MILLS but I hate to say this I agree Mills is not a starter for a playoff team. However he is a great bench player for the right price I would bring back..but to me on this team we only have one starter and that is Kawhi and a maybe his Beta LMA.

VarsityTeam
1. Kawhi
2. LMA???

Manu he would be a starter if he was younger.

JV Team:
1. Simmons
2. Gasol
3. Green
4. Mills
5. Deadmon
6. Bertans
7. Murray
8. Lee

Freshman Team
1. Forbes
2. Anderson

spursistan
10-29-2017, 04:52 PM
Bump..

One of the greatest calls in forum history my nigga RD2191 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42690) aka not-Rocalcio: From his towel-waving days to 50Mills...You knew it, kudos bro..:tu.

RD2191
10-29-2017, 04:53 PM
Bump..

One of the greatest calls in forum history my nigga RD2191 aka not-Rocalcio: From his towel-waving days to 50Mills...Kudos bro..:tu.

Thanks for the recognition bruh. :toast

NASpurs
10-29-2017, 04:55 PM
Another enlightened poster just calling it as he sees it from a long time ago; amazing vision when others were jerking off Patty. :wow

Splits
10-29-2017, 05:07 PM
psUcyQRtAxc

kaji157
10-29-2017, 05:37 PM
Pop going to the Manu save us move.

Darius Bieber
10-29-2017, 05:59 PM
I keep telling y'all losers that RobDiaz is an OG

RD2191
10-29-2017, 06:09 PM
I keep telling y'all losers that RobDiaz is an OG

DB dropping truth nukes per usual.

tholdren
10-29-2017, 06:40 PM
Bump..

One of the greatest calls in forum history my nigga RD2191 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42690) aka not-Rocalcio: From his towel-waving days to 50Mills...You knew it, kudos bro..:tu.

Can you stop with the emojis? Unless youre a 11 year old girl then its fine. And we're 5 games in. Get a grip. The reality is patty will have to be a spark off the bench for sa to ring. Danny green has had stretches just as bad.

urunobili
10-29-2017, 07:25 PM
Who is number 8 and what has he done to Patty Mills?

Darius Bieber
10-29-2017, 11:05 PM
DB dropping truth nukes per usual.

TimDunkem
10-29-2017, 11:07 PM
Who is number 8 and what has he done to Patty Mills?
He ate him. http://i.imgur.com/oZoXk9k.jpg

Ice009
10-30-2017, 12:58 AM
There were reports out that Mills himself thinks he's a starting caliber PG when free agency discussions were brought up earlier in the season. He said he wants to start at PG in the NBA. That's when a bunch of us said no way in heck do we want him getting paid big money and starting at PG for the Spurs. If that's what he wanted, a bunch of us wanted nothing to do with it.

He's an undersized shooting guard. I'd rather use that money on an actual sized shooting guard that can play defense and get to the rim. If it was me, I wouldn't pay Mills anything more than 6 million a year. I'm just worried that his piss poor playoffs has brought his price down into the Spurs' range.

I'm Australian and I don't really want him back at all (unless it's for 6 million or less). Great, great guy, but after his performance in the playoffs, I am now starting to feel that Kawhi is becoming a player of Tim Duncan's caliber and the Spurs have to do everything they can to surround him with a team that can compete for Championships. Can't waste money on undersized shooting guards. Try and get a real sized shooting guard instead that plays defense and can get to the rim.

Man, yet another person bringing up how "huge" he was in '14. He was not huge at all. He was very, very average in the first 3 rounds of the playoffs (8th or 9th man at best), and then he had 3 good finals games (game 3, 4 and 5). Those last three games are the only games anyone seems to remember.

He could not hit a shot to save his life in the OKC series before the finals. He was really bad outside of the second half of game 6 in that series.

Apologize to him? My goodness man, what are you guys on?

Mills averages something like 4-5 ppg in the playoffs. He's not even good in that undersized shooting guard role. Why the f#$k do people want him back? Especially for the salary, he is likely to get? I'd rather have Cojo for the money he's getting paid 10/10 times.

I have no idea what the Spurs front office were thinking. I mean, Gasol had to come back as he was still guaranteed another season before the opt out, but they really didn't need to bring Mills back at all.

BackHome
10-30-2017, 01:07 AM
Man if Mills keeps sucking I don’t want Pop to kill old Man Manu by giving him more reps then his body can handle. I wanna see more of White at PG and Paul at SG

TimDunkem
10-30-2017, 01:08 AM
I have no idea what the Spurs front office were thinking. I mean, Gasol had to come back as he was still guaranteed another season before the opt out, but they really didn't need to bring Mills back at all.
He's primarily a "culture" guy in a "leadership" role now if everything PATFO has said about bringing him back is true. It was more about his fit than his skills. Unfortunately, what skills he did have seem to have diminished to the point where his "culture and leadership" don't make him a good fit anymore; poor shooting and bad defense doesn't work here.

TimDunkem
10-30-2017, 01:11 AM
Man if Mills keeps sucking I don’t want Pop to kill old Man Manu by giving him more reps then his body can handle. I wanna see more of White at PG and Paul at SG
Ironic that Mills used to be a good fit next to Manu, but now his shit play makes Patty a bad fit with him because it puts that much more stress on Manu to carry his fat ass. :lol

SAGirl
03-14-2018, 10:56 AM
This thread is golden...:lol