PDA

View Full Version : Gasol/Aldridge

timtonymanu
05-20-2017, 10:31 PM
spursistan, Manu4tres, robz etc. knew this duo would be trash from day 1. So much that Dedmon had to save the lineup for a while. Pop, please get rid of 1, don't keep both.

sananspursfan21
05-20-2017, 10:33 PM
I knew Gasol wouldn't be very good, particularly for the money. Didn't know it was this bad....

apalisoc_9
05-20-2017, 10:34 PM
I started the No Aldridge campaign in 2015 and Everyone was furious..

RD2191
05-20-2017, 10:35 PM
They both need to go. The league is going small anyways.

testies
05-20-2017, 10:36 PM
Its not that the league is going small, there were plenty of blown opportunities to use our size.. you think Boogie would let those migets guard him? Lol

Please get Boogie

Stabula
05-20-2017, 10:36 PM
I miss Splitter

CGD
05-20-2017, 10:38 PM
Gasol was such an odd fit from day one. Never saw the need, unless they were planning on moving LMA in the future.

TE
05-20-2017, 11:08 PM
I was very wrong on the LMA acquisition. This was his moment. I have never seen a player his caliber, or at least thought to be, shrivel like that. Portland fan will say he did this when he dawned that jersey but I honestly didn't see Blazer playoff games other than when Splitter punked him back in 2014.

He's the softest mental midget I have ever seen play the game of basketball. Yes more than Dick Jefferson.

cd98
05-20-2017, 11:10 PM
I was very wrong on the LMA acquisition. This was his moment. I have never seen a player his caliber, or at least thought to be, shrivel like that. Portland fan will say he did this when he dawned that jersey but I honestly didn't see Blazer playoff games other than when Splitter punked him back in 2014.

He's the softest mental midget I have ever seen play the game of basketball. Yes more than Dick Jefferson.

Well, in fairness, he used to kill the Spurs in the regular season when he was with Portland.

Vito Corleone
05-20-2017, 11:12 PM
LaMarcus is gone Joe Berry Carrol on us. He has zero heart, I wish he would stop being such a wuss, but he has no idea how to fight like a man.

weebo
05-20-2017, 11:13 PM
Gasol is just washed up. He was brought in to compliment LA with the two big line up, not to be relied up on to be the go to guy down low. Aldridge on the other hand....just...wow. He should be embarrassed.

SAGirl
05-20-2017, 11:18 PM
Gasol was such an odd fit from day one. Never saw the need, unless they were planning on moving LMA in the future.
This was exactly my take.
on top of that he led the bulls into the lottery as a starter his last season there. They get t better without him!!!!!
They were terrible on D. Jimmy butler looked washed up on defense next to Pau.
His 3 pt shooting and passing was the best he offered late in the season and both things have gone in the postseason. He still grabs boards and yet he looks like there are so many more he could have grabbed every game.

Capt Bringdown
05-20-2017, 11:19 PM
Yes, this was LMA's moment in the sun. Look how Simmons responded to the moment, by comparison. Wow.
I think it's fair to call his play weird, strange bizarre...if you're a big man, how can you not want to punish GS down low instead of launching soft fade aways?
It's as if he didn't know how to respond.
Mental midget, this guy.

xtremesteven33
05-20-2017, 11:20 PM
Judging based off of Pops post game presser, looks like he is pissed at Aldridge. I can't see Pop wanting to coach him again next year.

100%duncan
05-20-2017, 11:23 PM
Disgusted to say that I was campaigning for LMA. Gasol on the other hand, was a no no.

100%duncan
05-20-2017, 11:24 PM
Judging based off of Pops post game presser, looks like he is pissed at Aldridge. I can't see Pop wanting to coach him again next year.

What did he say again? Please God lord saviour, hope they make some changes.

timtonymanu
05-20-2017, 11:26 PM
Lol all the people that shit on Splitter when he played here. Aldridge makes Splitter look like Tim Duncan and makes Matt Bonner look like Boris Diaw.

ducks
05-20-2017, 11:26 PM
To be fair LMA needed the head of the snake

100%duncan
05-20-2017, 11:28 PM
Lol all the people that shit on Splitter when he played here. Aldridge makes Splitter look like Tim Duncan and makes Matt Bonner look like Boris Diaw.

Man at least Splitter was really injury prone, when he played, he played against Dirk, Bosh, Howard etc etc. Bonner, worked his ass of despite sucking.

cd021
05-20-2017, 11:29 PM
I'm down for moving Gasol to Minny and using cap space to resign Simmons. Spurs need to play a more modern pace and space style and go away from the 2 big traditional lineup.

I'd actually be fine with the Mills, Green, Leonard, Anderson, Aldridge lineup being the new starting unit next season with Murray, Simmons, Bertans, and (more than likely) Lee as our primary bench unit, with Manu hopefully coming back for one more year.

Trainwreck2100
05-20-2017, 11:30 PM
the game died when gasol whiffed that three

100%duncan
05-20-2017, 11:31 PM
I'm down for moving Gasol to Minny and using cap space to resign Simmons. Spurs need to play a more modern pace and space style and go away from the 2 big traditional lineup.

I'd actually be fine with the Mills, Green, Leonard, Anderson, Aldridge lineup being the new starting unit next season with Murray, Simmons, Bertans, and (more than likely) Lee as our primary bench unit, with Manu hopefully coming back for one more year.

I am not down for anything with Aldridge.

sasaint
05-20-2017, 11:35 PM
What did he say again? Please God lord saviour, hope they make some changes.

Pop was asked if, after the last game, Pop got what he wanted out of Aldridge. Pop responded tersely,"Sure."

sasaint
05-20-2017, 11:38 PM

Why do you think Minny's front office is a bunch of idiots? Why pick on them? :lol

cd021
05-20-2017, 11:39 PM

Feels like it's an either or at this point; either move Gasol to clear cap for a run at PG or to resign Simmons or move LMA for picks, cap space, and or young talent. I'd rather keep LMA.

sasaint
05-20-2017, 11:40 PM

Yeah, if the Spurs trot LMA out with most of these same scrubs next season, I certainly won't watch every game as I have in the past.

cd021
05-20-2017, 11:43 PM
Why do you think Minny's front office is a bunch of idiots? Why pick on them? :lol

They have wanted him for years. They tried getting him last season, and were looking at acquiring front court help at the deadline and are expected to try and address the need in the off season.

They also tried to trade the #2 pick (which turned out to be Derrick Williams) to the Lakers for Gasol to pair him with Rubio. They have the cap space to take on his contract with out having to send someone back in return.

sasaint
05-20-2017, 11:45 PM
They have wanted him for years. They tried getting him last season, and were looking at acquiring front court help at the deadline and are expected to try and address the need in the off season.

They also tried to trade the #2 pick (which turned out to be Derrick Williams) to the Lakers for Gasol to pair him with Rubio. They have the cap space to take on his contract with out having to send someone back in return.

I bet their interested in Washed Up Gasol isn't so keen.

cd021
05-20-2017, 11:56 PM

I did propose moving him to Phoenix for 3 picks

32nd (essentially another 1st round pick, some solid prospects in that range)
54th
and a 2018 top 10 protected pick

(weaker draft, more likely that PHX would be willing to part with that pick if it means that they would improve their chances of making the playoffs for the first time in 8 seasons. The Suns would have 4 lottery picks already on the roster along with Bledsoe and LMA while the spurs would clear out more than $20 million in cap space and add picks.

cd021
05-21-2017, 12:01 AM
I bet their interested in Washed Up Gasol isn't so keen.

Acquiring Gasol for a second rounder, or picking one up for taking him isn't a bad option especially on a 1 year deal.

tbdog
05-21-2017, 12:46 AM

Pop desperately wanted to fill the leadership role of TD. Gasol was the most similar. And I think he has done well for us, just not for the dollars.

YGWHI
05-21-2017, 01:39 AM

PATFO have to move him...Otherwise, it will be so hard to play LMA in home games next season. Fans aren't supporting him anymore.

This tweet kind of joke but I already heard some fans booing him. That can't be a good sign.

therealtruth
05-21-2017, 01:48 AM
Should have known that LA wasn't worth it after Splitter shut him down in 2014.

Pop has a knack for making good players become scrubs. Finley, Van Excel, Dice, RJ, and now LA. I have no doubt if LA went to almost any other team he would be killing the Spurs as the old LA.

spursistan
05-21-2017, 01:54 AM
I started the No Aldridge campaign in 2015 and Everyone was furious..
det legendary AVI :lol

Mouth is Bleeding
05-21-2017, 01:59 AM
I don't remember many Spurs just giving up because of selfish butthurt ego and hand the game over to the opponents like Gasol did in that sequence where after terrible shot and decision he makes things even worse with a no mas foul.

One of the most pathetic things I've ever seen from a Spur.

apalisoc_9
05-21-2017, 02:01 AM
det legendary AVI :lol

But but he's talented..Apo you're such a kawhistan :cry

I just knew this guy wasn't going to be a good fit with Kawhi but The Board was divided then on who will become the best player in the team.

Imo, Kawhi needs a Guard that can score and penetrate. So he can get some easy shots every now and then..Plus, if Kawhi is handling the ball.and he swings it..A penetrating Guard should be attacking.

Just easier to play offense that way.

spursistan
05-21-2017, 02:04 AM
I don't remember many Spurs just giving up because of selfish butthurt ego and hand the game over to the opponents like Gasol did in that sequence where after terrible shot and decision he makes things even worse with a no mas foul.

One of the most pathetic things I've ever seen from a Spur.

Gasol is an even worse signing than Aldridge, and it not even close..He was hot from 3PT for about two months off the bench and that was it.

apalisoc_9
05-21-2017, 02:11 AM
I might have to reuse that 2015 avi again, tbh. Aldirdge, Pau.. who else deserves an X on the photos?

Mikeanaro
05-21-2017, 02:19 AM
I might have to reuse that 2015 avi again, tbh. Aldirdge, Pau.. who else deserves an X on the photos?
Both, Lol.

Mikeanaro
05-21-2017, 02:49 AM
https://dc721.4shared.com/img/bEnvDyxaca/s24/15c29fb0a28/Wanted_Pau_Lmao?async&rand=0.495746889656311

timtonymanu
05-21-2017, 02:59 AM

Fathead maybe

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 03:18 AM
To be fair LMA needed the head of the snake

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 03:20 AM
Why is Splitter being brought up? He was the biggest pussy to ever wear the uniform. Blake Griffin made him consider suicide.

timtonymanu
05-21-2017, 03:34 AM
Why is Splitter being brought up? He was the biggest pussy to ever wear the uniform. Blake Griffin made him consider suicide.

Still rang with him

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 03:40 AM
Still rang with him
On the bench

Robz4000
05-21-2017, 04:38 AM
Not sure how the hell PATFO thought they'd work well together unless they only looked at boxscore numbers. I'm fully of the belief they signed him to put butts in the seats of the AT&T Center.

100%duncan
05-21-2017, 05:12 AM

lol lamarsha is an even bigger pussy that costs 4 times as much

playbonner15
05-21-2017, 06:39 AM
the game died when gasol whiffed that three
That was brutal

noles1983
05-21-2017, 08:19 AM
These guys let McGee shit on them, fucking embarrassing

tholdren
05-21-2017, 08:25 AM
That was brutal

The game ended when gasol entered for lee. The game further ended during any 3 of gasols airballs, his multiple time dudes blew by him on defense, his intercepted cross court passes, and finally when he scored for the other team.

UZER
05-21-2017, 08:39 AM

Because that pussy made Aldridge his bitch in 2014. They're just proving what and even bigger pussy Aldridge is. :lol

MVPCues
05-21-2017, 09:42 AM
The game ended when gasol entered for lee. The game further ended during any 3 of gasols airballs, his multiple time dudes blew by him on defense, his intercepted cross court passes, and finally when he scored for the other team.

The fact that every bit of that happened just as described makes it pretty hard to argue with.

Ice009
05-21-2017, 09:45 AM
They both need to go. The league is going small anyways.

Demarcus Cousins dominates almost every time he plays the Warriors. A real big man can still dominate. Aldridge and Gasol are both soft as tissue paper. It really sucks because I always knew Gasol was soft, but he was skilled. We got the soft version that lost his skills. What a waste of money.

Its not that the league is going small, there were plenty of blown opportunities to use our size.. you think Boogie would let those migets guard him? Lol

Please get Boogie

I wanted to try and trade Aldridge for him. I didn't think the Kings were serious about trading Demarcus until it happened. I really, really wanted to get him, but even if we offered Aldridge, the Kings might not have been interested as their owner had a hardon for Buddy Hield (I still have no idea why - one of the stupidest trades ever, that's why owners shouldn't call the shots - Pop has said numerous times that the Spurs are successful because Peter Holt lets them do their jobs and trusts them to not interfere with them). Then you've also got the fans here that said Pop would not take on a player that acts out the way Demarcus does.

Gasol is an even worse signing than Aldridge, and it not even close..He was hot from 3PT for about two months off the bench and that was it.

He got wide, wide open shots in the regular season. He's not good shooting a 3 unless he has time, the playoffs proved that. He needs a lot of time to set it up and then shoot it. Great accuracy for a big man if he had time. Unfortunately, playoff teams weren't going to give him that shot. He became useless. I used to really like the guy. He was always soft. It's a shame we got the version that lost his skills to go along with being soft.

UZER
05-21-2017, 09:52 AM
Demarcus Cousins dominates almost every time he plays the Warriors. A real big man can still dominate. Aldridge and Gasol are both soft as tissue paper. It really sucks because I always knew Gasol was soft, but he was skilled. We got the soft version that lost his skills. What a waste of money.

I wanted to try and trade Aldridge for him. I didn't think the Kings were serious about trading Demarcus until it happened. I really, really wanted to get him, but even if we offered Aldridge, the Kings might not have been interested as their owner had a hardon for Buddy Hield (I still have no idea why). Then you've also got the fans here that said Pop would not take on a player that acts out the way Demarcus does.

Boogie is not "smart enough" for Pop, that's why Matt Bonner lasted so many years on the team. Who cares if he couldn't actually make any difference on the court.

Ice009
05-21-2017, 10:06 AM
Boogie is not "smart enough" for Pop, that's why Matt Bonner lasted so many years on the team. Who cares if he couldn't actually make any difference on the court.

Well then I hope Pop enjoyed watching Aldridge's nuts shrivel up and him taking it up the ass.

I guess after the Cleveland game against the Spurs in January is when I first started having doubts about Aldridge. He missed two free throws at the end of the game that could have cost us the game. He said that he's better than that and he was very mad at himself for missing them. He said that it won't happen again. Of course that just ended up being lip service because it happened numerous times after that where he missed free throws in crunch time of other games.

After game 2 of this series, he said he won't play like that (bad) again. He played bad again. I don't believe anything this guy says anymore. He's completely lost me. It's time, hit the eject button! You're done here, Aldridge. Unless you lead us back to a game 6 at home, you're done here.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 11:20 AM
These guys let McGee shit on them, fucking embarrassing
McGee has shat on everyone. Would take him over Deadman any second. Called it in the offseason

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-21-2017, 11:26 AM
I didn't coin this phrase, but LaMarsha and Gasoft are called the Turd Towers for a reason. Soft duo of pussies tbh

ceperez
05-21-2017, 11:32 AM
Spurs should have been able to compete if it were not for the pathetic performance of these two bigs.

I think these two know that the fans are pissed of and unfortunately I playing even worse because of it.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Eh. They weren't the reason we lost. Let's take a look at our starting backcourt

Game 1:
Green - 8pts, 2ast, 3TO, 3/5FG
Mills - 5pts, 3ast, 1TO, 1/8FG

Game 2:
Green - 5pts, 0ast, 0TO, 2/7FG
Mills - 5pts, 1ast, 1TO, 2/6FG

Game 3:
Green - 7pts, 2ast, 4TO, 3/11FG
Mills - 7pts, 6ast, 1TO, 2/10FG

BackHome
05-21-2017, 01:32 PM
Both of these fuckers did not work out offseason and came into camp out of shape and playing like shit. You might be able to get away with that when your in your 20's but not now if you don't put in the work this summer your going to get bitch slapped again come playoff time.

tholdren
05-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Both of these fuckers did not work out offseason and came into camp out of shape and playing like shit. You might be able to get away with that when your in your 20's but not now if you don't put in the work this summer your going to get bitch slapped again come playoff time.

Age has nothing to do with it

TimDunkem
05-21-2017, 01:44 PM
Age has nothing to do with it
That's kind of what he's saying.

tholdren
05-21-2017, 02:00 PM
That's kind of what he's saying.

Right, i just wanted to highlight these fucks as lazy, undeserving pieces of shit

tholdren
05-21-2017, 02:02 PM
One more thing... how cab these idiots not pass out of a double team?

spursistan
05-21-2017, 02:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAXLn2ZUwAAEVCF.jpg

therealtruth
05-21-2017, 06:56 PM
Gasol was a good passer out of a double team. The Spurs need to figure out how they're going to play. The iso stuff is not so great when you don't have your best iso player and your second best player is too scared. It should be BBQ chicken for Aldridge with those small guys on him.

tholdren
05-21-2017, 06:58 PM
Gasol was a good passer out of a double team. The Spurs need to figure out how they're going to play. The iso stuff is not so great when you don't have your best iso player and your second best player is too scared. It should be BBQ chicken for Aldridge with those small guys on him.

Youre blind

spursistan
05-21-2017, 11:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAUwztSWsAAdvj4.jpg

GSH
05-21-2017, 11:39 PM
Gasol was a good passer out of a double team.

Gasol is a decent passer. I'm trying to remember him drawing a double team. If I can remember any, then I'll try to figure out why anyone would have done that.

therealtruth
05-22-2017, 12:03 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAUwztSWsAAdvj4.jpg

Says it all. He's not Spurs material. Maybe he's struggling with something health related.