PDA

View Full Version : Manu Ginobili

TE
05-20-2017, 11:00 PM
I know there are other Manu threads. Perhaps they are being bumped right now or have been...I admittedly haven't checked the 1st page. Don't care. This can be a stand alone thread for those were present at the game today who saw everything he did on and off the court.

What a fucking warrior tbh. During the 4th when he was out of the game I could tell the disappointment on his face and body language. It's honestly sad how this season ended particularly for that reason. There are more seasons to come but if these are his last two games, I can't be but proud of him in the most proudest of ways (if that makes sense :lol).

ElNono
05-20-2017, 11:02 PM
Some people don't understand what a huge loss he's going to be for the franchise once he retires. Him and TD were the heart and soul of this team...

But, we gotta move on, and thankfully we have Kawhi... gotta get him some solid company and rebuild around him...

Play Boban
05-20-2017, 11:02 PM
:bobo

BillMc
05-20-2017, 11:03 PM
Decent chance Monday is his last home game ever.

TE
05-20-2017, 11:05 PM
:cry:cry:cry

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2017, 11:10 PM

unless he has a career-ending injury he will be back next year

Russ
05-20-2017, 11:11 PM
unless he has a career-ending injury he will be back next year

I sure hope so.

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 11:11 PM
Sad, dark days for those of us that grew up with him, TD and TP.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2017, 11:12 PM
Sad, dark days for those of us that grew up with him, TD and TP.

indeed

Vito Corleone
05-20-2017, 11:13 PM
I highly doubt he is back

100%duncan
05-20-2017, 11:14 PM
2nd greatest spur of all time.

timtonymanu
Feel for Manu. Having to play with losers like Aldridge and Gasol in his final season. Definitely deserved better than that. But he went out like a champ. Even blocking the guy in game 5 who wishes he could be Manu.

Spurtacular
Pop stopping Manu from hitting 30.

BackHome
05-20-2017, 11:15 PM
Man he was easily the best player for the Spurs today which is kinda sad saying he is almost 40 years old and getting ready to retire.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-20-2017, 11:16 PM
I think he comes back and gives it one more go next season since we were so close and Manu really found his groove. He probably feels he has one last run in him.

boutons_deux
05-20-2017, 11:20 PM
what spurs fan wouldn't choke up?

youtube "manu ginobili highlights career"

ElNono
05-20-2017, 11:36 PM

ElNono
05-20-2017, 11:40 PM

spurs10
05-20-2017, 11:56 PM
Decent chance Monday is his last home game ever. Yeah Bill and for that sole reason I'm going to the game. Just have to drive across the country, but I'll make it. When Kawhi was injured our chances to win this series were obviously diminished. Manu's contribution to this team will sadly be missed.

Chris
05-21-2017, 12:00 AM
Some people don't understand what a huge loss he's going to be for the franchise once he retires. Him and TD were the heart and soul of this team...

But, we gotta move on, and thankfully we have Kawhi... gotta get him some solid company and rebuild around him...

Always that subtle jab to Porker :lol

Never change ElNono :lol

BillMc
05-21-2017, 12:04 AM
Yeah Bill and for that sole reason I'm going to the game. Just have to drive across the country, but I'll make it. When Kawhi was injured our chances to win this series were obviously diminished. Manu's contribution to this team will sadly be missed.

Enjoy it man. You're a true Spur fan. Savor the moment, win or lose. :flag:

lefty
05-21-2017, 12:09 AM
A fellow lefty :cry

testies
05-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Poop should just play him for like 40 minutes, its his last game

then again, he refused to sub out Duncan to get applauses at Okc

Chris
05-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Manu is coming for 18 million next year :lol Holt and Pop are going to bend over :lol

FkLA
05-21-2017, 12:24 AM
Sad, dark days for those of us that grew up with him and TD

FIFY

SAGirl
05-21-2017, 12:24 AM
I thought previously he was ready to retire but I am not sure. I don't get the feeling of finality I got with TD last season. We can't assume though. This one really could be it.

SASdynasty!
05-21-2017, 12:27 AM
Always that subtle jab to Porker :lol

Never change ElNono :lol
Sad that he can't acknowledge the greatness of Parker. Probably mad that he sat next to Tim at his retirement ceremony. He probably thinks Manu should have been next to him.

DMC
05-21-2017, 12:28 AM
2nd greatest spur of all time.

I'd call him 1b. I like him as much as Tim, maybe more.

100%duncan
05-21-2017, 12:29 AM
I'd call him 1b. I like him as much as Tim, maybe more.

They're both 1's for likability but Tim is on another stratosphere as for Spur GOATness IMHO.

DMC
05-21-2017, 12:35 AM
They're both 1's for likability but Tim is on another stratosphere as for Spur GOATness IMHO.

No doubt but to me "best" means how entertained I am. Rings are great, but Manu is probably the most entertaining player in the league without being a fool in the process. The shit he does is amazing. It reminds me a bit of Ozzie Smith at shortstop. You see that talent and just wonder how it's possible. If Manu had Lebron's body, he'd be 2x Michael Jordan.

I'd like to see him on NBA on TNT as a regular or at least on some NBA show because he's a natural at speaking without losing the audience. Shaq just mumbles and doesn't shut up when Ernie is talking, but I could imagine Manu breaking down plays. I don't think he'd do it, I can't imagine him getting away from the game that long. He'll coach.

spurs10
05-21-2017, 12:35 AM
Enjoy it man. You're a true Spur fan. Savor the moment, win or lose. :flag: Thanks man! :toast
I'll take that good advice! :flag:

spurs10
05-21-2017, 12:43 AM
I thought previously he was ready to retire but I am not sure. I don't get the feeling of finality I got with TD last season. We can't assume though. This one really could be it.
Interesting you say this. I guess when he's the best guy on the floor, as he was arguably tonight, you'd think he'll stay. I think it will come down to the future. Manu is not the primary decision the team has to worry about. It's all about Kawhi and who needs to be around him. Manu is massively popular and that does have value. Winning in Kawhi's prime is most important.

Duncanforthree
05-21-2017, 01:37 AM
Manu ain't retiring. Not like this.

Duncanforthree
05-21-2017, 01:38 AM
I'm still going to go to Game 4 just in case though.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 01:42 AM
Good riddance. Retiring after a sweep. Sums up his career. Have fun in Cancun with your tias and primos

ElNono
05-21-2017, 02:38 AM
Sad that he can't acknowledge the greatness of Parker. Probably mad that he sat next to Tim at his retirement ceremony. He probably thinks Manu should have been next to him.

Baloney. I'm a huge Tony fan, tbh

-21-
05-21-2017, 04:28 AM
No doubt but to me "best" means how entertained I am. Rings are great, but Manu is probably the most entertaining player in the league without being a fool in the process. The shit he does is amazing. It reminds me a bit of Ozzie Smith at shortstop. You see that talent and just wonder how it's possible. If Manu had Lebron's body, he'd be 2x Michael Jordan.

I'd like to see him on NBA on TNT as a regular or at least on some NBA show because he's a natural at speaking without losing the audience. Shaq just mumbles and doesn't shut up when Ernie is talking, but I could imagine Manu breaking down plays. I don't think he'd do it, I can't imagine him getting away from the game that long. He'll coach.

Yeah, obviously Tim is GOAT but Manu is on another level in terms of entertainment. Tim would dominate on both ends of the court and seem like he was just going through the motions. I understood why most people called him boring. With Manu you can just see the effort, the passion, the competitiveness and the heart in the way he plays. The guy is a 100% winner. Not to mention all the crazy plays that he manages to pull off. If anyone else attempts those antics, they would look like a complete idiot. But there is a method to Manu's madness and above all a desire to win that sets him apart from everyone else.

Also, off the court, Manu was always the best at interviews and fan interaction. Tim's very private, Tony's very Tony, Manu is a natural. I definitely hope to still see him around after he retires. Manu Ginobili is a fucking legend.

tholdren
05-21-2017, 08:32 AM
Manu best spur of all time

emanueldavidginobili
05-21-2017, 09:09 AM
I'm pretty pissed Pop only played him 17 minutes last night. I wonder if Pop starts him tomorrow, one last introduction that would be cool.

05-21-2017, 10:22 AM

Ice009
05-21-2017, 10:22 AM
Manu's body is still in good enough shape to play next year. Tim had an interview with Richard Jefferson on his podcast after the past Cleveland game in SA where he said that in his mind he still wanted to play, but his body wouldn't let him. Tim joked that Richard's body is the only thing that's still keeping him in the NBA. Made me laugh because Tim was right. That was a great interview, I wouldn't mind hearing it again. I'm pretty sure it was posted here on Spurstalk somewhere.

I also want Manu to start next game at PG. I wanted to try that move in a potential series against Goldenstate months ago (when I thought TP was totally washed up, I thought Manu could provide more defensive resistance guarding Curry or Klay). Pop's got nothing to lose, may as well start him and play him as many minutes as he can handle game 4. Do it, Pop. Make the right move.

sammy
05-21-2017, 11:42 AM
Good riddance. Retiring after a sweep. Sums up his career. Have fun in Cancun with your tias and primos

Fuck you hater! Ban this moron!

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 11:45 AM
48 minutes left, puto:)

sammy
05-21-2017, 11:47 AM
Manu's body is still in good enough shape to play next year. Tim had an interview with Richard Jefferson on his podcast after the past Cleveland game in SA where he said that in his mind he still wanted to play, but his body wouldn't let him. Tim joked that Richard's body is the only thing that's still keeping him in the NBA. Made me laugh because Tim was right. That was a great interview, I wouldn't mind hearing it again. I'm pretty sure it was posted here on Spurstalk somewhere.

I also want Manu to start next game at PG. I wanted to try that move in a potential series against Goldenstate months ago (when I thought TP was totally washed up, I thought Manu could provide more defensive resistance guarding Curry or Klay). Pop's got nothing to lose, may as well start him and play him as many minutes as he can handle game 4. Do it, Pop. Make the right move.

I agree! Manu, Dedman, Simmons, LMA, Green!

tmtcsc
05-21-2017, 11:54 AM
If Tim could have kept playing, he would have. He said so himself on that podcast with Richard Jefferson. If Manu feels good, I think he will play another year in a limited roll.

DarrinS
05-21-2017, 11:55 AM
If he makes 3 more 3's, he'll be tied for second most 3PM in playoffs history (would be tied with Reggie Miller). Ain't no one catching Ray Allen for a while.

DarrinS
05-21-2017, 11:57 AM

He's a "special needs" child. Just ignore.

spurraider21
05-21-2017, 12:00 PM
hopefully he can play 48 minutes next game

Poolboy5623
05-21-2017, 12:03 PM
Do the Spurs have any shot of signing Simmons, if Manu comes back?

Pocho La Pantera
05-21-2017, 12:15 PM
Fuck you hater! Ban this moron! this

John B
05-21-2017, 12:35 PM
There will never be another Manu, his competitiveness and love for the game. His basketball IQ, how plays develop to get someone open. If ever next game is his last, I hope he'll be back sitting next to Pops. I know TP has aspirations of being a NBA GM someday. It would be great if they can succeed Pops and RC whenever they decided to retire. That would be the best next chapter to their great careers and Spurs legacy. Of course Timmy can occasionally drop by the gym to work with the young talents or maybe pull TP back to his seat if he's interfering with Manu. I seriously think that's not far from happening

tmtcsc
05-21-2017, 12:48 PM
Do the Spurs have any shot of signing Simmons, if Manu comes back?

Absolutely, he's a restricted free agent.

tmtcsc
05-21-2017, 12:49 PM
There will never be another Manu, his competitiveness and love for the game. His basketball IQ, how plays develop to get someone open. If ever next game is his last, I hope he'll be back sitting next to Pops. I know TP has aspirations of being a NBA GM someday. It would be great if they can succeed Pops and RC whenever they decided to retire. That would be the best next chapter to their great careers and Spurs legacy. Of course Timmy can occasionally drop by the gym to work with the young talents or maybe pull TP back to his seat if he's interfering with Manu. I seriously think that's not far from happening

Manu was undoubtedly my favorite player to watch but Tim was the greatest Spur to ever play. Tim's game wasn't as flashy but it was beautiful too. Its just.....Manu man. He was entertaining while destroying his opponent. He still is at times!

Ice009
05-21-2017, 12:53 PM
If Tim could have kept playing, he would have. He said so himself on that podcast with Richard Jefferson. If Manu feels good, I think he will play another year in a limited roll.

It was a great podcast. Tim was quite funny on it. I liked his assessment of RJ. he was like, with you, it's the exact opposite, your body is what's keeping you playing in the NBA.

SpursforSix
05-21-2017, 12:56 PM
Manu was undoubtedly my favorite player to watch but Tim was the greatest Spur to ever play. Tim's game wasn't as flashy but it was beautiful too. Its just.....Manu man. He was entertaining while destroying his opponent. He still is at times!

Yeah. Exactly. One of the hardest workers in the league. Someone who you never questioned his desire. He made some passes that no one else thought about. His top ten highlights have to be in the top 5.

myhc
05-21-2017, 01:49 PM
48 minutes left, puto:)

LOL. Come down to my neck of the woods boy and say puto to my face.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 01:59 PM
LOL. Come down to my neck of the woods boy and say puto to my face.
Wrong account, alt.

48 minutes left, puto.

tmtcsc
05-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Yeah. Exactly. One of the hardest workers in the league. Someone who you never questioned his desire. He made some passes that no one else thought about. His top ten highlights have to be in the top 5.

Just watching him dribble between David West's legs last night was worth tuning in for. I wonder if anyone has a compilation gif of all the times he did that to other players.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-21-2017, 02:22 PM
Manu will be back next season - he's been healthy in this reduced role. That pretty much would determine the outcome, or his wife.

tmtcsc
05-21-2017, 02:25 PM
Ok, these are gifs but I found a few examples of those awesome passes, dribbles:

Manu passes between opponents legs (Finals against Miami):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV-HXok_ysw

Manu dribbles between opponent's legs (Against Toronto):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpciRfqeHqk

Manu dribbles between opponent's legs (Against Boobie Gibson)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgvGiVQZOM

tmtcsc
05-21-2017, 02:29 PM
Manu will be back next season - he's been healthy in this reduced role. That pretty much would determine the outcome, or his wife.

I hope he's back. Kawhi Leonard is unquestionably the best player on the team but he isn't a vocal leader. Manu at this point is more valuable as a leader in the locker room than as a player on the court. He still contributes at a solid level but there are times when his physical limitations and game hurt the team. I hope he comes back for 10 to 15 minutes a game. Kawhi still has a lot to learn from him.

Here's a decent compilation of passes / dribbling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5AvZQzj7CA

Manu the Spurtacular:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1W2ICCiHkY

Manu the Scientist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LTgStJw9ao

These exciting clips don't even measure or do justice to the kind of competitor he is. Its going to be a very sad day when he says he's done. No wonder Pop wants to keep him as long as possible. He drives me nuts at times but he's got a life long pass for all the mistakes and bad play. He earned it. Got damn, I'm getting emotional just watching these clips. MANU IS A BAD BAD MAN & will always be my favorite Spur of all time.

SpursforSix
05-21-2017, 03:11 PM
Just watching him dribble between David West's legs last night was worth tuning in for. I wonder if anyone has a compilation gif of all the times he did that to other players.

His top 20 highlight real has to be in the top three of all time. Not that it alone makes him a great player. But he was. And he did something unbelievable almost every game for a long stretch.

And it seemed he understood the game enough to the point if when he needed to make a big play.

Noting fired me up more than seeing him take it to the rim and dunk.

Southwest Texas Fan
05-21-2017, 03:28 PM

Hey Nono do you think he's coming back for another year?

05-21-2017, 04:38 PM
His top 20 highlight real has to be in the top three of all time. Not that it alone makes him a great player. But he was. And he did something unbelievable almost every game for a long stretch.

And it seemed he understood the game enough to the point if when he needed to make a big play.

Bend over, I'll take it to the rim and get you fired up

SpursforSix
05-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Bend over, I'll take it to the rim and get you fired up

I guess. Only if you do it while I'm humping your mom. It'll be like three spoons. But you have to wear a bra and panties.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-21-2017, 05:06 PM
I hope he's back. Kawhi Leonard is unquestionably the best player on the team but he isn't a vocal leader. Manu at this point is more valuable as a leader in the locker room than as a player on the court. He still contributes at a solid level but there are times when his physical limitations and game hurt the team. I hope he comes back for 10 to 15 minutes a game. Kawhi still has a lot to learn from him.

Very well said

cd98
05-21-2017, 05:22 PM
Manu brings intangibles, so I'm sure he has open arms, but he's not the same player and it's hard to take that pounding into your 40s. He's going to retire and now is the right time as he's going out playing as good as he has the last 3 years. That's how we want to remember him.

Horse
05-21-2017, 05:53 PM
No one should ever talk shit about him again

BatManu20
05-21-2017, 06:15 PM
Legend tbh. Part of me really wants him back next year. But I think he's done.

lefty20
05-21-2017, 07:27 PM

BSfromTX
05-21-2017, 08:14 PM
No one should ever talk shit about him again

No one should have ever talked shit about him, but I second that

spurs10
05-21-2017, 09:04 PM
I'm thinking he and the team don't even know. If his career in the NBA ends tomorrow night it would be a hard way to go, but it always will be. Money and his desire to play will be weigh. Tim sure didn't make much of a show about his leaving. Unsurprisingly. :flag:

ffadicted
05-21-2017, 09:14 PM
My favorite player of all time tbqh. I'm gonna miss the shit out of him.

Ice009
05-21-2017, 09:47 PM

This is what I loved about Manu's game the most when he was in his prime. Taking it to the rim and trying to finish with a dunk, a shot, or draw the foul. Drawing the foul was his third option, unlike Harden who seems to make it his first priority.

The top 3 penetrators at SG in the past 25 years or so were Michael Jordan, Manu Ginobili and Dwyane Wade. Those guys in their prime were relentless at taking it to the rim and trying to finish first and foremost and also getting the foul while making the basket. Fishing for fouls like Harden does was never their first priority. Scoring and finishing were.

Who would you guys list as the top penetrators at SG?

SpursforSix
05-21-2017, 11:28 PM
This is what I loved about Manu's game the most when he was in his prime. Taking it to the rim and trying to finish with a dunk, a shot, or draw the foul. Drawing the foul was his third option, unlike Harden who seems to make it his first priority.

The top 3 penetrators at SG in the past 25 years or so were Michael Jordan, Manu Ginobili and Dwyane Wade. Those guys in their prime were relentless at taking it to the rim and trying to finish first and foremost and also getting the foul while making the basket. Fishing for fouls like Harden does was never their first priority. Scoring and finishing were.

Who would you guys list as the top penetrators at SG?

In the last 25? Your list is good. I'd put AI in there.

Ice009
05-22-2017, 12:12 AM
In the last 25? Your list is good. I'd put AI in there.

AI is up there, but those other three were more relentless. AI start out his career by attacking, but then started settling for more jump shots, more so than those three, but yes, at times he did attack too. A prime Jordan, Wade and Manu all went to the rim as their first option for most of their prime.

Seventyniner
05-22-2017, 08:21 AM
If Pop starts Manu tonight, I think that's a signal that it's Manu's last (home?) game.

daledondale
05-22-2017, 08:48 AM
If Pop starts Manu tonight, I think that's a signal that it's Manu's last (home?) game.Yes, but he isn't going to start him. He's playing well coming of the bench.

SpursforSix
05-22-2017, 12:21 PM
If Pop starts Manu tonight, I think that's a signal that it's Manu's last (home?) game.

I think it's too early for Manu to have made a decision.

CapitalEmm
05-22-2017, 12:46 PM
Competitor till the end. I'll miss TF out of him.

DaBears
05-22-2017, 12:49 PM
indeed

Sure is... But here is to bigger and greater moments down the road :bobo..

TE
05-22-2017, 01:19 PM
Watching his last game with Argentina and I have never seen him so emotional after. I choked up with that post gameinterview. Damn...

I wonder how he'll be when he realizes this is it for the silver and black.

DaBears
05-22-2017, 01:27 PM
GOAT of Argentina

gospursgojas
05-22-2017, 06:24 PM
Manu's home has been up for sale since October

skulls138
05-22-2017, 06:34 PM

Who would you guys list as the top penetrators at SG?I'll take your 3 no doubt.

tholdren
05-22-2017, 07:24 PM
Could you imagine sa without manu? Hes the only one with a pair, and ironically he has only 1. Everyone else, including kl, shrinks to the size of cry havocs tiny peepee when there is a hint of adversity. Cry havoc is lamarshas post op mom

emanueldavidginobili
05-22-2017, 07:25 PM
Man I hope he has a good game, crowds going to be going nuts for him tonight :(

emanueldavidginobili
05-22-2017, 07:27 PM
Could you imagine sa without manu? Hes the only one with a pair, and ironically he has only 1. Everyone else, including kl, shrinks to the size of cry havocs tiny peepee when there is a hint of adversity. Cry havoc is lamarshas post op mom
Does he really only have one nut? lol I remember him getting injured and having surgery.

rastaspur
05-22-2017, 07:45 PM
I am going to miss manu. I think he hangs em up after tonight.

FkLA
05-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Manu's home has been up for sale since October

Damn. :cry

05-22-2017, 10:20 PM
And after all the shit a lot of you faggots gave him during the Memphis series he has turned out to be the Spurs second best player in these playoffs

Here's to one of the best leaders in basketball history tbh :toast

SpursforSix
05-22-2017, 10:30 PM
He's got another year.

Russ
05-22-2017, 10:32 PM
He's got another year.

Book it.

cjw
05-22-2017, 10:34 PM
He's got another year.

Contrarian view - who cares about next year? If Manu wants a go and they can't pull off a coup of a signing, give him a Kobe deal in the offseason for one year assuming they can do anything else they want to do. And wait till 2018 when there's cap space.

picnroll
05-22-2017, 10:35 PM
Manu's got another year but frankly if the Spurs don't make significant moves and have this same shit with Aldridge and Gasol I hope he signs with another team.

ElNono
05-22-2017, 10:35 PM
He might have to go to the Cavs, tbh

DarrinS
05-22-2017, 10:36 PM
I am going to miss manu. I think he hangs em up after tonight.

Same

DPG21920
05-22-2017, 10:36 PM
If this was it, it was beyond a pleasure. I have now officially reached the "old" fan age I guess where I tell my future kids about how no one compares to Tim, Tony & Manu.

testies
05-22-2017, 10:37 PM
lol @ manu leaving money on the table

greedy mexicano

gilmor
05-22-2017, 10:37 PM

You think so? Then u support the Cavs?

ElNono
05-22-2017, 10:38 PM
You think so? Then u support the Cavs?

aren't we all now?

cd98
05-22-2017, 10:38 PM
Kudos to the Spurs fans. They gave Manu a great sendoff.

HI-FI
05-22-2017, 10:39 PM
Will your 100K+ transfer over to CavsTalk tbh?

tholdren
If this was it, it was beyond a pleasure. I have now officially reached the "old" fan age I guess where I tell my future kids about how no one compares to Tim, Tony & Manu.

No shame in that. Look at todays nba its fucking gay

emanueldavidginobili
Wow what an ovation from everyone. Did you see him go into the tunnel gave a kiss and waved goodbye

ElNono
05-22-2017, 10:40 PM
Will your 100K+ transfer over to CavsTalk tbh?

I'm gonna be around... there's a lot of hating to do, tbh...

TE
If this isn't it, idk what is.

Play Boban
aren't we all now?
We are all Cavs fans now tbh...beat the fkn Warriors...

sammy
One more year Manu!

TE
Wow what an ovation from everyone. Did you see him go into the tunnel gave a kiss and waved goodbye
Tears in his eyes and emotion as he walked that last stroll into the tunnel tbh

Uriel
05-22-2017, 10:41 PM
:cry

Mugen
Fucking GOAT tbh. Nobody was as fearless on the court than Ginobili. If this was it then thanks for all the memories Manu....

tholdren
Tears in his eyes and emotion as he walked that last stroll into the tunnel tbh

He goes 1 more

TE
05-22-2017, 10:42 PM
Lot of :cry in here

HI-FI
I'm gonna be around... there's a lot of hating to do, tbh...
:tu

That was a heckuva send off but I hope your client sticks around one more year.

TE
He goes 1 more
I hope so

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-22-2017, 10:43 PM
Spurs crowd gave him an amazing send-off. I really hope he comes back for one more year though tbh.

davidbowie
05-22-2017, 10:43 PM
that ending was emotional as hell. obvious hes not coming back.

the soccer style chanting and cheering really get to me. its beautiful

i love you manu!!!!!

timtonymanu
05-22-2017, 10:44 PM
There will never be another like Manu. 3rd best Spur all time imo.

lefty20
05-22-2017, 10:44 PM
aren't we all now?

Fuck yeah :ihit

SpursforSix
05-22-2017, 10:46 PM

Yeah...pretty much. But...we have Leonard to transition. What other teams can can go from a top 5 player of all time to one of the top few players in the league?

DPG21920
05-22-2017, 10:47 PM
Yeah...pretty much. But...we have Leonard to transition. What other teams can can go from a top 5 player of all time to one of the top few players in the league?

I agree - Spurs FO has been masterful. Still much to look forward to but my BIG3 was TD/Manu/TP.

eDizzle20
05-22-2017, 10:48 PM
Manu is a genuinely great and humble person. I've been to multiple games here in Minnesota and every time he would sign autographs and take photos with fans. Whenever he decides to retire he will be sorely missed.

Spur|n|Austin
05-22-2017, 10:51 PM
The fans were amazing at the end. I think Manu could play 3 more seasons if he wanted. More heart than any other Sours player. If it's over, then it's been a pleasure.

SpursforSix
05-22-2017, 10:53 PM
I agree - Spurs FO has been masterful. Still much to look forward to but my BIG3 was TD/Manu/TP.

No doubt. I get it. For some reason, this was the game that hammered it home. Even more than Duncan retiring.

cd98
Damn 15 years. Went by fast.

TXstbobcat
Manu is a genuinely great and humble person. I've been to multiple games here in Minnesota and every time he would sign autographs and take photos with fans. Whenever he decides to retire he will be sorely missed.

I also live in Minnesota. Didn't think there were any other Spurs fans up here. :toast

Proxy
05-22-2017, 10:55 PM
Hopefully that ending didn't influence him to make the decision to retire there, ha. If it's the end though, much love to my favorite player of all time

but seriously, one more year plz :depressed

spursistan
05-22-2017, 10:59 PM

emanueldavidginobili
05-22-2017, 11:03 PM
Honestly after that ovation and that send off I don't see how he comes back. Just feels like the perfect time walking off healthy. Had tears in my eyes when he left the court. Curry KD all them clapping and giving his respects. On Social media he's getting a crazy amount of respect right now.

turkish spurs fan
05-22-2017, 11:05 PM
still hope he won't retire

Diego20
05-22-2017, 11:06 PM

:wow:wow

SpursforSix
05-22-2017, 11:26 PM
Damn. I think he's done.

lefty
05-22-2017, 11:31 PM
:cry KD gave him an ovation too

TE
05-22-2017, 11:33 PM
I saw that too tbh. KD was very emotional after the game when approaching Manu.

Curry did the same. It was truly some shit to see from15 feet or so away.

ElNono
05-22-2017, 11:35 PM

There's a podcast with Bill Simmons where KD just praises Manu over and over... "he's a fucking winner", etc... Durbeta, tbh

Capster
05-22-2017, 11:41 PM
Manu has been a warrior for the Spurs! He has been a great competitor. Loved watching him all these years play a great game!

GSH
05-22-2017, 11:46 PM
Honestly after that ovation and that send off I don't see how he comes back. Just feels like the perfect time walking off healthy. Had tears in my eyes when he left the court. Curry KD all them clapping and giving his respects. On Social media he's getting a crazy amount of respect right now.

I just thought of the greatest ST troll-job ever. If I knew someone who could hack a twitter account, I'd spend money to do it and then come here and watch.

Imagine a realistic tweet from Manu, announcing his plans to join David West with the Dubs next season, for the vet min. And saying, "If you can't beat them, join them." The meltdowns here would be epic.

The only reason it wouldn't be funny is that it might actually end Nono and a few other Argie fans.

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2017, 11:47 PM
There's a podcast with Bill Simmons where KD just praises Manu over and over... "he's a fucking winner", etc... Durbeta, tbh

Manu is very popular with that generation of NBA players, tbh..only Kobe and maybe Iverson are mentioned more frequently by players when discussing stylistic influence..

lefty
05-22-2017, 11:50 PM
I saw that too tbh. KD was very emotional after the game when approaching Manu.

Curry did the same. It was truly some shit to see from15 feet or so away.

Good shit

diego
05-22-2017, 11:53 PM
I think the only way he comes back is if pop begs him.

If this is really it, goodbye to a legend. Before the haters come to revise history, let it be said that he won unwinnable games, made tons of highlights both flashy and clutch, and is rated as one of the best players ever by most impact/efficiency statistics (all time, 24th in ws/48, 58th per, 17th bpm, 35th vorp). Extremely underrated on the defensive end, he could and did have game winning steals, blocks, charges drawn, in addition to layups and stepbacks and threes and assists. He was a monster, at his peak rivals cried to the media and took cheapshots at him only to make him bury them deeper. He was a baller with athleticism, toughness, and a bag of tricks unlike any other before him. And he was willing to come off the bench! Simply amazing.

Spur|n|Austin
05-22-2017, 11:54 PM
Manu is very popular with that generation of NBA players, tbh..only Kobe and maybe Iverson are mentioned more frequently by players when discussing stylistic influence..

Good point. Harden has actually mirrored Manu greatly in many style assets.

sasaint
05-23-2017, 12:01 AM
I think the only way he comes back is if pop begs him.

If this is really it, goodbye to a legend. Before the haters come to revise history, let it be said that he won unwinnable games, made tons of highlights both flashy and clutch, and is rated as one of the best players ever by most impact/efficiency statistics (all time, 24th in ws/48, 58th per, 17th bpm, 35th vorp). Extremely underrated on the defensive end, he could and did have game winning steals, blocks, charges drawn, in addition to layups and stepbacks and threes and assists. He was a monster, at his peak rivals cried to the media and took cheapshots at him only to make him bury them deeper. He was a baller with athleticism, toughness, and a bag of tricks unlike any other before him. And he was willing to come off the bench! Simply amazing.

I couldn't write a better farewell paean, so I'll coattail yours. :toast

davidbowie
05-23-2017, 12:05 AM
major respect for the warriors and their appreciation of manu tonight

its weird but after tim and now manu leaving the floor like that so similar, watching these guys careers flash before my eyes, just like that its over. its another sign of our mortality and how its all gonna be over sooner than later. at least as far as the bigger picture. spurs are a long positive constant force in my life for almost 2 decades. even though you know its all gotta end its just fuckin sad thinking about. respect to kawhi and the young guns but its just different. we've won so much and had terrible losses with the core 3+pop. hard to replicate. once in a lifetime team. very grateful

GSG forever :flag:

HarlemHeat37
05-23-2017, 12:10 AM
Would anybody be opposed to Manu joining the Warriors, next year, to get one last ring, tbh? Would love to see him lift the trophy one last time..

spursistan
05-23-2017, 12:13 AM

UZER
05-23-2017, 12:13 AM
Before Manu, the Euro step couldn't exist because it wouldve been considered a travel since it just didnt looked right. He forced the league to say, what a minute, that IS actually only two steps.

He's the first Euro to have a major influence on young American ballers. A lot of this stutter drive, Euro step, misdirection handles you see now practically every game were hugely influenced by Manu. The players have just taken it to the next level.

DontStopBelieving
05-23-2017, 12:14 AM
Would anybody be opposed to Manu joining the Warriors, next year, to get one last ring, tbh? Would love to see him lift the trophy one last time..

:lol you're good

GSH
05-23-2017, 12:17 AM

Look up. :D

I just thought of the greatest ST troll-job ever. If I knew someone who could hack a twitter account, I'd spend money to do it and then come here and watch.

Imagine a realistic tweet from Manu, announcing his plans to join David West with the Dubs next season, for the vet min. And saying, "If you can't beat them, join them." The meltdowns here would be epic.

The only reason it wouldn't be funny is that it might actually end Nono and a few other Argie fans.

YGWHI
05-23-2017, 01:02 AM
The most exciting player to watch on this team for years and years. What amazing career..Well done, Manu. :toast

skulls138
05-23-2017, 02:50 AM
I like when he's on defense. He's so active that he makes the opponent nervous to do anything. It's like we got six players on the floor when he's got it goin on.

Chillen
05-23-2017, 03:04 AM
Perfect endings are cheesy, if he wants to play another season it's up to him. He should listen to his heart and if he feels up to yet another NBA season so be it. Definitely a HOF basketball player, 4 NBA titles and a very smart, skilled player, a true Warrior. He has nothing left to prove really though so if he wants to retire go for it.

diego
05-23-2017, 09:55 PM
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-last-stand-of-manu-ginobili-nba-unicorn/

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/5/23/15682080/manu-ginobili-never-stopped-winning-spurs-olympics-dj-khaled

not the best articles but still nice to see some recognition for manu

SilverSpur
05-24-2017, 01:30 AM
Bring him back as a player/coach, so he can mentor Dejantey Murray. Show him how to be a Spur. This would only add to his legacy and he can leave knowing he left something behind for the future.

DAF86
05-24-2017, 01:37 AM
One more year so he can pass that fag Miller on the list of most 3's made in the playoffs.

John B
05-24-2017, 01:52 AM
He still has more hair than Messina. Let him play.

Phenomanul
05-24-2017, 04:18 PM
I like when he's on defense. He's so active that he makes the opponent nervous to do anything. It's like we got six players on the floor when he's got it goin on.

At the SG position... he has usually ranked in the top 3 on RPM every year since the metric was developed (except for one season)... much of it due to his defensive impact...

Phenomanul
05-24-2017, 04:22 PM

Goes to show Robinson's defensive impact... his best years (pre-injury) not even being included...

WOW...!

Manudona
05-24-2017, 07:59 PM
And only David and Tim had a better defensive rating, tied with Horry

tholdren
05-24-2017, 08:13 PM
And ppl dont think hes the best spur of all time

MVPCues
05-24-2017, 08:26 PM
Wow, 5/10 spurs.

emanueldavidginobili
05-24-2017, 08:58 PM
Has anyone seen the Draymond Post game interview of game 4, he's raves about Manu and Green is real as it gets when it comes to speaking his mind and never sugar coats anything. He said Manu was a first ballot HOFer and when people ask him whose one of the toughest players to guard he said Manu name comes up every single time.

kaji157
05-24-2017, 09:01 PM
Has anyone seen the Draymond Post game interview of game 4, he's raves about Manu and Green is real as it gets when it comes to speaking his mind and never sugar coats anything. He said Manu was a first ballot HOFer and when people ask him whose one of the toughest players to guard he said Manu name comes up every single time.

Yes. Green and Mike Brown both spoke highly of Manu.