PDA

View Full Version : LA to the Lakers for their pick in the draft

ivanfromwestwood
05-21-2017, 12:25 AM
Do it RC! I think Aldridge would like that trade all day

DMC
05-21-2017, 12:27 AM
Yeah the Lakers want a 22m a year shorter version of Roy Hibbert.

SASdynasty!
05-21-2017, 12:30 AM
We've gone further in the playoffs every season after signing him and he put the team on his back when it mattered most to get us to the WCF. Needs to work on his defense obviously and slim back down.

cjw
05-21-2017, 12:30 AM
Do it RC! I think Aldridge would like that trade all day

You mean their 2019 pick? They aren't trading this year's second overall for LMA unless the Spurs took back Deng and Mozgov. Don't look as it's about $100mm combined for three more years each - http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/yearly/cap/

Maybe for the Houston pick and Clarkson?

UNT Eagles 2016
05-21-2017, 12:35 AM
That would be stupid. This isn't the NFL. You don't win now by trading away an established star for a rookie, doesn't matter how promising the rookie is (unless maybe LeBron, but there hasn't been a LeBron since '03 and there won't be for a very long time).

SpurOutofTownFan
05-21-2017, 12:36 AM
You mean their 2019 pick? They aren't trading this year's second overall for LMA unless the Spurs took back Deng and Mozgov. Don't look as it's about $100mm combined for three more years each - http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/yearly/cap/

Spurs should only consider trading LMA for a reliable starting PG and change. Anything else is not worth it. You need another big start to complement Kawhi - someone who can run point without having to ask Kawhi to run point as well as everything else he needs to do

cjw
05-21-2017, 12:37 AM
That would be stupid. This isn't the NFL. You don't win now by trading away an established star for a rookie, doesn't matter how promising the rookie is (unless maybe LeBron, but there hasn't been a LeBron since '03 and there won't be for a very long time).

You trade LMA 100x out of 100 for that pick. It's not even close - cost controlled rookie in a loaded draft. Also, you'd be able to flip that pick for way more than LMA, who will be a year older, brings to the table. Lakers aren't this dumb.

ivanfromwestwood
05-21-2017, 12:41 AM
You trade LMA 100x out of 100 for that pick. It's not even close - cost controlled rookie in a loaded draft. Also, you'd be able to flip that pick for way more than LMA, who will be a year older, brings to the table. Lakers aren't this dumb.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-21-2017, 12:41 AM
You'd have to flip it for sure if you want to win now, but yes, Lakers aren't that stupid. Unless of course we take their dead money.

ivanfromwestwood
05-21-2017, 12:43 AM
If Laker think they can get George, I think they make the trade. Aldridge and Paul George would be good to build around

UZER
05-21-2017, 12:45 AM
Unload if you can. Try everything in your power to do it for a fair deal. If you can't, you make it very clear that he better come to camp in shape ready to work next season, and if he doesn't you will trade him whether you get a fair deal back or not, even if that means sending him to the Vancouver Grizzlies.

BillMc
05-21-2017, 12:46 AM
If Laker think they can get George, I think they make the trade. Aldridge and Paul George would be good to build around
By that logic, we keep him and build around Aldridge and Kawhi.

Mikeanaro
05-21-2017, 12:49 AM
That would be a miracle, AIDS HELP US HERE!

Spurtacular
05-21-2017, 12:55 AM

That's a lame comparison, even for you.

ivanfromwestwood
05-21-2017, 12:56 AM
Except for the fact that we already tried that that and LA laid an egg. Dudes not happy.

99 Problems
05-21-2017, 01:18 AM
Depends if RC and Pop see him as being a totally different player when Whi is in the side. Like , letting Whi have all the pressure of expectation etc. but, then he come up big in the Houston game w/o Whi, strange .

LkrFan
05-21-2017, 04:23 AM

:lol

cd021
05-21-2017, 05:36 AM

That would be much more likely, though I would prefer that Randle come back in return as well.

SpursforSix
05-21-2017, 05:59 AM

Seems like I remember a certain trade involving George Hill that paid damn near immediate dividends. The difference is that Hill was actually playing well. Like the dude said above...100 out of 100 times.

rasuo214
05-21-2017, 06:07 AM
No way the Lakers trade the 2nd pick for LA straight up. Only way they might consider it is if the Spurs take back Mozgov or Deng.

r0drig0lac
05-21-2017, 08:31 AM
wtf

BatManu20
05-21-2017, 08:33 AM
Lakers would never take that. And the point is moot because, again, LMA isn't going anywhere. He's here for at least another season. Need to find other ways to improve our team.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-21-2017, 06:56 PM
Seems like I remember a certain trade involving George Hill that paid damn near immediate dividends. The difference is that Hill was actually playing well. Like the dude said above...100 out of 100 times.

Hill was a choker in the 2011 playoffs vs. Memphis, though (after a good 2010 playoffs vs Dallas).

sananspursfan21
05-21-2017, 06:57 PM
:rollin

therealtruth
05-21-2017, 07:13 PM
The irony is the Lakers wanted him a couple of years ago.

TD 21
05-21-2017, 07:36 PM

And Nance. That or maybe Randle and Clarkson is the type of offer I could see them making for Aldridge.

I suspect Aldridge is only traded if he tells them he wants to be (I'm skeptical; both him and Gasol were marriages of convenience more than anything, but nothing's really changed) and this is why. If he does though, then they'd likely try to accommodate him by engaging the Suns and Lakers, since they'd probably both still have interest and he'd probably re-sign, thereby making them more inclined to pay the price.

I just don't think the Spurs could command all that much and wouldn't want a young, raw question mark as the primary return, who they'd have to wait on and hope could eventually reach Aldridge's level.

MaNu4Tres
05-21-2017, 08:43 PM
And Nance. That or maybe Randle and Clarkson is the type of offer I could see them making for Aldridge.

I suspect Aldridge is only traded if he tells them he wants to be (I'm skeptical; both him and Gasol were marriages of convenience more than anything, but nothing's really changed) and this is why. If he does though, then they'd likely try to accommodate him by engaging the Suns and Lakers, since they'd probably both still have interest and he'd probably re-sign, thereby making them more inclined to pay the price.

I just don't think the Spurs could command all that much and wouldn't want a young, raw question mark as the primary return, who they'd have to wait on and hope could eventually reach Aldridge's level.

Question: What is Aldridges' level in your opinion?

Ignore the name and the accolades of the past. How valuable is the skillset he possesses currently in 2017? What level is that?

ffadicted
05-21-2017, 08:46 PM
I totally agree, let's built around markelle fultz and kawhi, I don't see the problem with that at all.

TD 21
05-21-2017, 09:22 PM
Question: What is Aldridges' level in your opinion?

Ignore the name and the accolades of the past. How valuable is the skillset he possesses currently in 2017? What level is that?

I didn't specifically mean currently, but good question . . . I don't know. Taking the whole season into account, probably average - above average starter. But even that is better than probably any realistic asset they can get from the Suns or Lakers and in some of those cases, they'd have to wait a few years for it.

Whether they should go that route is up for debate; I'm just saying, I don't think they would.

cjw
05-21-2017, 10:34 PM
I didn't specifically mean currently, but good question . . . I don't know. Taking the whole season into account, probably average - above average starter. But even that is better than probably any realistic asset they can get from the Suns or Lakers and in some of those cases, they'd have to wait a few years for it.

Whether they should go that route is up for debate; I'm just saying, I don't think they would.

Raw and unproven rookie doesn't jive with Kawhi's window. Big difference between the 2nd pick they own and the 28th. I'm not dealing LMA for that - was just suggesting what the Lakers might throw out there. And the cap space isn't all that valuable this offseason at least as there's more money than I thought to go after a limited number of FA that move the needle. LMA's contract isn't even that bad under the new CBA (not an absolutely albatross).

From the Suns, no way am I touching Knight who was awful last season ($45mm left over three years). Bledsoe is a lot more interesting at the same price per year but only two years on his deal - a 35%+ three point shooter who would have better looks in a Spurs offense.

therealtruth
05-21-2017, 10:46 PM
Hill was a choker in the 2011 playoffs vs. Memphis, though (after a good 2010 playoffs vs Dallas).

Don't forget how he gave Nash all those easy layups in game 1 in '10. That lead to them being swept.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-21-2017, 11:03 PM
Don't forget how he gave Nash all those easy layups in game 1 in '10. That lead to them being swept.

I said vs Dallas, didn't I? The Phoenix series was a fucking abortion altogether.

GSH
05-21-2017, 11:22 PM
By that logic, we keep him and build around Aldridge and Kawhi.

http://i2.wp.com/www.maria-russell.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/79ed5b92-d6bc-4ffa-989a-a42549015068-915-000000dd14a27c1c_tmp-1.jpg

LkrFan
05-21-2017, 11:57 PM

:lol

DMC
05-22-2017, 12:05 AM
That's a lame comparison, even for you.

You're probably right.

Sorry Roy.

Spurtacular
05-22-2017, 03:58 AM
You're probably right.

Sorry Roy.

Well, if you'd rather have Roy Hibbert than LMA, it's just as well that you're not an NBA GM.

TD 21
05-22-2017, 05:02 PM
Raw and unproven rookie doesn't jive with Kawhi's window. Big difference between the 2nd pick they own and the 28th. I'm not dealing LMA for that - was just suggesting what the Lakers might throw out there. And the cap space isn't all that valuable this offseason at least as there's more money than I thought to go after a limited number of FA that move the needle. LMA's contract isn't even that bad under the new CBA (not an absolutely albatross).

From the Suns, no way am I touching Knight who was awful last season ($45mm left over three years). Bledsoe is a lot more interesting at the same price per year but only two years on his deal - a 35%+ three point shooter who would have better looks in a Spurs offense.

My point exactly. It also doesn't jive with their wishes, which is clearly to try to remain as competitive for as long as possible.

I know what you were saying and I agree. What I'm saying is, these are the types of uninspiring offers I could see them getting for Aldridge and that combined with the line above this one is why I believe he's not going anywhere unless he tells them he wants to.

Knight was brought up as a possible means to getting the 4th pick out of them . . . http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266013&page=4&p=9019666#post9019666.

E20
05-22-2017, 06:50 PM
Lavar would organize a military coup against all of the United States if Lonzo somehow ended up on the spurs.