PDA

View Full Version : Donuts interested in Spurs and Vice Versa

Indazone
05-21-2017, 02:37 PM
What do you think? The improbable ride of Donuts to end up in a Spurs Jersey? lol

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/report-spurs-interested-in-donatas-motiejunas

tonight...you
05-21-2017, 02:38 PM
I'd do it. In a heartbeat.

D_Admiral
05-21-2017, 02:43 PM
Donatas + davis+ manu would be nice off the bench... if donatas shows up

BatManu20
05-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Would be a welcomed addition tbh.

BatManu20
05-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Watch him go to the Warriors though.

Spurtacular
05-21-2017, 02:50 PM
Don't know enough to be sure; but on it's face it's looking good.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Trash 3pt shooter, FT shooter, rebounder, and defender. Injury prone as well. Pass. No more soft Euros.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 02:57 PM
but on it's face it's looking good.
Of course the face looks good to you. He's white, you Mormon.

Spurtacular
05-21-2017, 03:02 PM
Of course the face looks good to you. He's white.

Whatever, retard.

apalisoc_9
05-21-2017, 03:14 PM
Of course the face looks good to you. He's white, you Mormon.

:lmao

UZER
05-21-2017, 03:17 PM
I thought this thread was about a donut company wanting to be the sponsor on the Spurs unis next year. I was thinking​ of course that would end up on the Spurs jersey. :lol

D_Admiral
05-21-2017, 06:07 PM
Bertans is not a soft euro

SAGirl
05-21-2017, 06:17 PM
Trash 3pt shooter, FT shooter, rebounder, and defender. Injury prone as well. Pass. No more soft Euros.
Just to piss you off RC priority in the summer is him and Tiago.

Spurtacular
05-21-2017, 06:20 PM
Bertans is not a soft euro

No; but he looks completely outmatched against Durant. He's not ready for this moment.

tonight...you
05-21-2017, 06:21 PM
The racism is strong in this thread. Ugly look boys.

D_Admiral
05-21-2017, 06:25 PM
No; but he looks completely outmatched against Durant. He's not ready for this moment.
Sure but if the spurs are banking on bertans to be their savior..

Im just saying bertans could find a nice role off the bench.

He needs to prove he can hit 3s in playoffs when they matter tho imo

Spurtacular
05-21-2017, 06:31 PM
Sure but if the spurs are banking on bertans to be their savior..

Im just saying bertans could find a nice role off the bench.

He needs to prove he can hit 3s in playoffs when they matter tho imo

I don't know what Bertans ceiling is. I had made a thread alluding to all star potential. But right now, he's just not even mentally there yet. At the start of the season, he looked lost in the defense. He made strides and started to look comfortable. In the playoffs, he reverted to that start of the season look. On offense vs the Warriors he was timid. None of this is exactly his fault. Growing pains are to be expected. Sometimes, certain players put the nerves aside (sort of like Murray). He is not one of them. He should evolve; but we'll see when and how much.

tonight...you
05-21-2017, 06:40 PM
I don't know what Bertans ceiling is. I had made a thread alluding to all star potential. But right now, he's just not even mentally there yet. At the start of the season, he looked lost in the defense. He made strides and started to look comfortable. In the playoffs, he reverted to that start of the season look. On offense vs the Warriors he was timid. None of this is exactly his fault. Growing pains are to be expected. Sometimes, certain players put the nerves aside (sort of like Murray). He is not one of them. He should evolve; but we'll see when and how much.
Saw the same. He came in with that deer in the headlights D and slowly improved a bit, as the season wore on.
Then.. back to looking like Keanu Reeves saying "Whoa!" before reacting defensively.
I hope he can become more instinctive on that end, because he could become a real player, if he did.
A player of note.

DMC
05-21-2017, 06:40 PM
No player is going to look comfortable in Pop's system right away. Some of you lament that then wonder why people like Bonner and Danny Green weren't traded. You have to have corporate knowledge in this system, that's how it runs. You cannot have 5 guys who just met running the beautiful game. It's a player chemistry thing, an "I know what you're thinking" thing. It's not just about raw talent.

Monte would be fine, in a year or so. He might be a big plus by the time the playoffs roll around if he can be healthy. Anyone can be injured though, as we saw this year. Spurs have been lucky where injuries are concerned, recently. It just turned for us though, and GS is basically healthy.

cjw
05-21-2017, 06:43 PM
He's the kind of guy, of the Spurs can pick up cheap, that would be invaluable in filling out the roster and providing max cap flexibility going forward. Part of what makes the Warriors what they are is ability to sign guys for well under market. Spurs did have West and now have Lee, but need more of that.