PDA

View Full Version : Its been a great season

lmbebo
05-21-2017, 03:35 PM
Its been a good season this year. Kwahi had an amazing season. Team won 61 games. We made it to the WCF and if not for some really unfortunate injuries (Parker, Kwahi, Lee -- hopefully no one else), could have threatened to make it to the finals or more. Never felt like this team was overmatched against Golden State. If we were in full health, I'd feel like we'd be up 2-1 right now. Everyone talks about how great GSW is. They've been very fortunate with injuries and facing teams with injuries. Never fully tested.

Doesn't matter if we win game 4. Win or lose, still a great first season in the sans Duncan era. How many other teams can say the same after losing GOAT.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-21-2017, 04:44 PM
Doesn't matter if we win game 4. Win or lose, still a great first season in the sans Duncan era. How many other teams can say the same after losing GOAT.

Getting to the WCF is by no means in an easy feat so I'd argue that this season wasn't a total loss. Losing Kawhi off of the dirty Zaza trick was gutwrenching, but that's just the way it is. Onwards to next year! :toast

Spurtacular
05-21-2017, 04:59 PM
Its been a good season this year. Kwahi had an amazing season. Team won 61 games. We made it to the WCF and if not for some really unfortunate injuries (Parker, Kwahi, Lee -- hopefully no one else), could have threatened to make it to the finals or more. Never felt like this team was overmatched against Golden State. If we were in full health, I'd feel like we'd be up 2-1 right now. Everyone talks about how great GSW is. They've been very fortunate with injuries and facing teams with injuries. Never fully tested.

:bobo

Russ
05-21-2017, 05:26 PM

Aftert all, this was supposed to be the year the year the Spurs didn't even win 50 games. :toast

Spurtacular
05-21-2017, 05:28 PM
I will definitely be renewing my team league pass for the Spurs next season.

Horse
05-21-2017, 05:51 PM
Can't wait to see Kawhi next season run away MVP. Also excited for the young guns.

pgardn
05-21-2017, 06:03 PM
:bobo

lilbthebasedgod
05-21-2017, 06:05 PM
Much better than expected. Happy for them

Poolboy5623
05-21-2017, 06:41 PM
They turned over half the roster, which is very unspurs like. The season was a success and can't wait until next year.

tonight...you
05-21-2017, 06:43 PM
Yessir. #APPRECIATE

sananspursfan21
05-21-2017, 07:01 PM
It was fun! I didn't expect this. Most casual or unbiased fans think the Spurs would've won or made it to game 7 with Kiwi in there anyway. No shame. Plus I said this in another post, but Kawhi will come back next season with fire in his eyes. This was his first really disappointing defeat with him as the #1 on the team and I don't think he'll take it lying down :ihit

lmbebo
05-22-2017, 11:42 AM
Unfortunately, moving back to ELP. With ATT I was able to get a lot of the games. Would love to watch this team more.

We def have work to do in the back court.

Will need to make sure to watch Game 4. If for nothing else, might be Manu's last game ..

DMC
05-22-2017, 11:46 AM
Like always I will be in an airport or plane during the important games.

Joseph Kony
05-22-2017, 11:49 AM
Yep, can't ask for much more given the year's circumstances. We have a lot as fans to be thankful for, especially considering we have a top two player in the league who hasnt even hit his prime yet. Future is looking good :tu

8FOR!3
05-22-2017, 12:12 PM
It's good that we got the new core of players in the WCF. Winning in the playoffs adds big game experience. The big 3 are all big game players. Luckily Kawhi is also proving to be a big game player, because that's very hard to replace. I'd do what it takes to resign Simmons, he's also a guy that plays like there's a chip on his shoulder in big moments. I can see him being valuable for at least a couple more years. He grew up in Texas and I'd think he has enough reason to want to stay there if we can make the money right on both sides.

$pursDynasty
05-22-2017, 12:42 PM
It was a good season all in all, and if we fell to the Dubs because they were just better, it would be easier to enjoy this season for what it was. I know it wasn't even a full game sample size but I think, that Pop thought he had the team to beat the Dubs this year. I have seen nothing to make me believe that if we had faced them healthy, that we couldn't have taken this stacked unstoppable team down. After game one all I felt was that Denny Green rant, they weren't all that they were made out to be and the Spurs, whom they had avoided the past two years could take them out. I really thought with a healthy HOTS and Kingslayer we could have shocked the world but not the true believers. The Dubs "are who I thought they were", but the world is still racing to "crown their ass". RIP Denny Green.

rjv
05-22-2017, 12:45 PM
it really has been considering the massive change to the roster we went through. and to come to within two key injuries of having a realistic chance of winning the title is something you want every season. i'd say this season exceeded my expectations.

DaBears
05-22-2017, 01:07 PM
Good season, not great though despite the record.. To me it seems like a transition year in the way they've played from years past, and will probably still change. this year didn't really see the ball move like as much, and when it happened we saw the SPURS struggle more than in the past.. I am wondering if the SPURS will start playin like the Bulls did in there hay day.. Because this isolation ball might not work out if we don't have shot creators on the roster.

SAGirl
05-22-2017, 01:33 PM
Can't wait to see Kawhi next season run away MVP. Also excited for the young guns.
^ :tu

TE
05-22-2017, 01:34 PM
Like always I will be in an airport or plane during the important games.
Stream?

rjv
05-22-2017, 01:35 PM
Can't wait to see Kawhi next season run away MVP. Also excited for the young guns. i think leonard is going to go into beast mode this off season and come back even better. if i was able to lay a bet down on next season's MVP, he'd have to be the early all out favorite.

Play Boban
05-22-2017, 01:37 PM
Ending the season with a sweep would not be a good season for our esteemed franchise. We better win tonight.

mudyez
05-22-2017, 01:41 PM
:bobo OP

DMC
05-22-2017, 01:44 PM
Stream?

horrible on any flight I have been on.

UZER
05-22-2017, 02:19 PM
Good season. But Aldridge being exposed as a pussy has just ruined everything thing.

It went from good too....

X02EwkGqyto

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2017, 04:07 PM
It was a great season, tbh..they maximized their potential with this roster..

It really isn't fair to have to compete with a team as loaded as the Warriors, no shame in losing to them..if Kawhi doesn't get hurt, Spurs probably even win a game, too..

rjv
05-22-2017, 04:09 PM
It was a great season, tbh..they maximized their potential with this roster..

It really isn't fair to have to compete with a team as loaded as the Warriors, no shame in losing to them..if Kawhi doesn't get hurt, Spurs probably even win a game, too.. i still think GS would have won this series with a healthy leonard and parker on the team but it would have gone to 6 if not 7 games. this team was just not a title team from the get go, imho, but they sure did make a go of it.