PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Get Out

BD24
05-22-2017, 01:22 AM
Has anyone else seen this yet? Its directed by Keenan Peele. Watched it today and holy shit what a great movie. It reels you in from the start and keeps you hooked.

The ending was incredibly satisfying as well.

Xevious
05-22-2017, 02:03 AM
Fell asleep tbh.

Trill Clinton
05-22-2017, 03:39 PM
yup, excellent film and broke a lot of box office records. the dvd with alternate ending comes out this week i believe.

Mitch
05-22-2017, 03:59 PM
Pretty mediocre movie, tbh

rjv
05-22-2017, 04:07 PM
it was outstanding.

Reck
05-22-2017, 04:28 PM
One of 2017s best.

BD24
05-22-2017, 05:55 PM
Crazy thing is that I read this is the first full length movie he has directed. Excited to see more from him. Very thought provoking movie. Title is well done as well, there were numerous times during the movie I was shouting get the fuck outta there. He sets up everything pretty perfectly as well IMO.

How some one people weren't fans is beyond me tbh. Maybe the white supremacist will be happier with the alternate ending, they hated seeing blackie win.

BatManu20
05-22-2017, 07:19 PM
Liked it simply for its originality. Was refreshing to watch something other than the same old horror film clichés. 8/10.

Trill Clinton
05-22-2017, 08:13 PM
Crazy thing is that I read this is the first full length movie he has directed. Excited to see more from him. Very thought provoking movie. Title is well done as well, there were numerous times during the movie I was shouting get the fuck outta there. He sets up everything pretty perfectly as well IMO.

How some one people weren't fans is beyond me tbh. Maybe the white supremacist will be happier with the alternate ending, they hated seeing blackie win.

he's working on a horror series coming out on HBO w/ jj abrams as co executive producer. i always thought peele was a cornball but he's a talented director and writer.

BD24
05-22-2017, 09:22 PM
he's working on a horror series coming out on HBO w/ jj abrams as co executive producer. i always thought peele was a cornball but he's a talented director and writer.
Yea, not really a fan of Key and Peele, was pleasantly surprised how good this was.

ColinB
05-23-2017, 01:34 AM
Great film.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-23-2017, 06:17 AM

Huh? The ending was excellent. And the best part about it was that the antagonist family were white Democrats, elitists, villainous "educated" -- the real racists of the country (and have always been).

DJR210
05-23-2017, 02:46 PM
I didn't catch the end, but saw where the lady was hypnotizing dude with her spoon in the tea.. Pretty crazy movie

UNT Eagles 2016
05-23-2017, 08:44 PM
I didn't catch the end, but saw where the lady was hypnotizing dude with her spoon in the tea.. Pretty crazy movie

That was the turning point for me, I thought this was going to be some run of the mill movie about racist parents/racist town but then it turned major sci-fi all of a sudden ...didn't know what to think

BD24
05-23-2017, 11:19 PM
He sets it up pretty nicely so that if you are looking there are clues at the beginning that let you know something isn't right.

Thread
05-27-2017, 10:11 AM
Fell asleep tbh.

Shelled out 5.99 last nite and fell asleep as well. I'm going to try it again today though.

Thread
05-27-2017, 12:28 PM
Shelled out 5.99 last nite and fell asleep as well. I'm going to try it again today though.

Finished it. And very satisfied. It had the alt ending after the ending credits. Thank Christ he went with the happy ending.

Thread
05-27-2017, 01:30 PM
Though I do not understand why they permitted this guy to see that red box of other photographs of her victims.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Though I do not understand why they permitted this guy to see that red box of other photographs of her victims.
Otherwise he wouldn't have suspected anything

UNT Eagles 2016
05-27-2017, 02:02 PM
He sets it up pretty nicely so that if you are looking there are clues at the beginning that let you know something isn't right.

yeah, any white who plays the pro-Obama card to try to earn favor with a black person is either autistic or sketchy.

Thread
05-27-2017, 03:17 PM
Otherwise he wouldn't have suspected anything

He already smelled a rat, but, that scene was preposterous.

& the fire was a might arranged as well.

Though I didn't know what this movie was based on until the alt ending and the narration therein. I felt mighty white being harangued like that.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-27-2017, 04:50 PM
He already smelled a rat, but, that scene was preposterous.

& the fire was a might arranged as well.

Though I didn't know what this movie was based on until the alt ending and the narration therein. I felt mighty white being harangued like that.
He didn't suspect the girl until that scene though. Before he just thought the parents, guests and housekeepers were weird psychotics.

Reck
05-27-2017, 04:55 PM
I would have voted for Obama for a third term. I would have known the gig was up then.

The second trigger was that dude running in the middle of the night. The fuck.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-27-2017, 05:12 PM
I would have voted for Obama for a third term. I would have known the gig was up then.

The second trigger was that dude running in the middle of the night. The fuck.

Yeah, who was that guy and why was he running? That was never really explained.

I would say the second trigger was when Walter the old black man with the axe acted strange instead of friendly. It's not like anyone in that family did a decent job of pretending. Also they were arrogant as fuck. Why did they go to the trouble to show them videos of what happened to the post-op blackies instead of just doing their operation in stealth?

Thread
05-27-2017, 05:14 PM
He didn't suspect the girl until that scene though. Before he just thought the parents, guests and housekeepers were weird psychotics.

I think at least subconsciously he was having doubts about her---especially after she hesitated about leaving when they were in the forest debating the subject. He didn't need her to go. If she were (innocent) then that would be declared long after he cleared the area. I'd a left on foot with some water about 1/2 way thru the film. But, he was young---though black. A young white guy would stay just to see if he were actually fucked like he was positive he was.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-27-2017, 05:21 PM
I think at least subconsciously he was having doubts about her---especially after she hesitated about leaving when they were in the forest debating the subject. He didn't need her to go. If she were (innocent) then that would be declared long after he cleared the area. I'd a left on foot with some water about 1/2 way thru the film. But, he was young---though black. A young white guy would stay just to see if he were actually fucked like he was positive he was.

Left on foot with some water in the heat? No civilization for an eternity? So what, 30 miles to the nearest sketchy gas station run by rednecks who might "shoot a n****r"? Or he might get "lucky" and run into a white cop who might just throw him in jail and ask what he was doing loitering about the countryside?

I would argue that a young white guy would be LESS gullible in that situation. But then again, a white guy meeting a black girl's family is a considerably less awkward experience for the guy than if he were black with a white girl's family. Instead of subliminal racist comments... you get good home comfort food and hospitality from a nice black family. And who doesn't like that?

Thread
05-27-2017, 05:25 PM

I would say the second trigger was when Walter the old black man with the axe acted strange instead of friendly. It's not like anyone in that family did a decent job of pretending. Also they were arrogant as fuck. Why did they go to the trouble to show them videos of what happened to the post-op blackies instead of just doing their operation in stealth?

True, but, it was scary nonetheless. I just wanted him to pass on by quickly so he wouldn't disturb the flow of the film at that particular point. I thought "oh, shit, here we go." But, he kept on a goin', so, I was grateful and didn't query it.

"Jeremy" elicited a lot of angst, the most of the 4 family members. I'd a separated his head from his body once I had the con. And another thing= after he's on the floor in the game room his eyes are fixed like he's dead. That was kind of cheap when he reanimates.

I could have done without the politics, but, that being accounted for it's a good film. I was pleased. I thought it was going to be paranormal which I cannot stand, but, this was straight forward shit. I was grateful. I have it on a 48 hour deal so I'm going to watch it again tonite.

The girl is a little two skinny for the part. She needed to be a might more substantial.

The mother played "Harper Lee" in one of those "Capote" pictures from about 10 years ago.

The dad was somebody from his voice, but, I can't place him.

Trill Clinton
05-27-2017, 05:31 PM

it was the grandmother/maid. she had moments throughout the movie where the host broke out of the sunken place and when she did, she would try to help chris.

Trill Clinton
05-27-2017, 05:33 PM

remember the grandfather's biggest achievement was beating jessie owens in an olympic trials or something like that. he was testing out his athletic black body by running sprints at the same time trying to intimidate chris.

Thread
05-27-2017, 05:33 PM
it was the grandmother/maid. she had moments throughout the movie where the host broke out of the sunken place and when she did, she would try to help chris.

Good point, TC. I feel better about it now.

Thread
05-27-2017, 05:34 PM
remember the grandfather's biggest achievement was beating jessie owens in an olympic trials or something like that. he was testing out his athletic black body by running sprints at the same time trying to intimidate chris.

Damn, TC puttin' it down. You glorious SOB, you.

TC

UNT Eagles 2016
05-27-2017, 05:59 PM

Athletic black body? More like 40 something fatty tbh

Xevious
05-27-2017, 09:17 PM

In my defense, I was streaming it at home and was beat. I probably would've fallen asleep no matter what I was watching.

BD24
05-29-2017, 09:59 AM
Thank god Trill is here to explain the movie to the fucking retard UNT.

"I'm a genius" :lol

Spur|n|Austin
05-30-2017, 09:59 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed it, as someone said above - one of the best of 2017. Somewhat predictable but it was quite entertaining.

Thread
05-30-2017, 01:16 PM
^Yep. Didn't try to do too much once they set it up. That's rare these days.

The Gemini Method
05-30-2017, 01:27 PM
Probably one of my favorite recent watches. Kind of moved seamlessly instead of attempting to crate too muddled of a plot.

DarrinS
05-31-2017, 06:26 AM
Enjoyed it, but wish the "clues" weren't so obvious. Also enjoyed the subtle jab at the racism of white "progressives".

Thread
05-31-2017, 10:53 AM
Enjoyed it, but wish the "clues" weren't so obvious. Also enjoyed the subtle jab at the racism of white "progressives".

They were so obvious I was suspicious.

An aside:::Synopsis for Texas Chainsaw Massacre on SyFy Channel this morning:::[Young adults encounter a houseful of demented butchers who chase them with chain saws and other deadly tools]:lol

DMC
06-03-2017, 08:19 PM
True, but, it was scary nonetheless. I just wanted him to pass on by quickly so he wouldn't disturb the flow of the film at that particular point. I thought "oh, shit, here we go." But, he kept on a goin', so, I was grateful and didn't query it.

"Jeremy" elicited a lot of angst, the most of the 4 family members. I'd a separated his head from his body once I had the con. And another thing= after he's on the floor in the game room his eyes are fixed like he's dead. That was kind of cheap when he reanimates.

I could have done without the politics, but, that being accounted for it's a good film. I was pleased. I thought it was going to be paranormal which I cannot stand, but, this was straight forward shit. I was grateful. I have it on a 48 hour deal so I'm going to watch it again tonite.

The girl is a little two skinny for the part. She needed to be a might more substantial.

The mother played "Harper Lee" in one of those "Capote" pictures from about 10 years ago.

The dad was somebody from his voice, but, I can't place him.

Wasn't the blind guy the same blind guy from the recording studio where the Soggy Bottom Boys went? Seems like it, same guy from Office Space?

Not a bad flick, but too obviously and heavy handed in one direction. The antagonist was basically anyone white, while anyone black was a protag. Basically the concept of being affluent and white was made evil, while being black was made to be down to earth, pragmatic and innocent. I could have done without the comic relief friend. I guess Peele couldn't put his comedy skit side away long enough to get through it.

Thread
06-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Wasn't the blind guy the same blind guy from the recording studio where the Soggy Bottom Boys went? Seems like it, same guy from Office Space?

Not a bad flick, but too obviously and heavy handed in one direction. The antagonist was basically anyone white, while anyone black was a protag. Basically the concept of being affluent and white was made evil, while being black was made to be down to earth, pragmatic and innocent. I could have done without the comic relief friend. I guess Peele couldn't put his comedy skit side away long enough to get through it.

,,,but, I have to admit it was sweet after he told his supervisor the story and his concerns,,,they cut away a few minutes then came back to the desk with her colleagues there around her. I did, I laughed aloud. It was played perfectly. The production didn't jump it, they let you believe perhaps she was buying it, then slammed the pay off down.

I tried watching it again, but, it's not for repeat viewing.

DMC
06-03-2017, 11:31 PM
,,,but, I have to admit it was sweet after he told his supervisor the story and his concerns,,,they cut away a few minutes then came back to the desk with her colleagues there around her. I did, I laughed aloud. It was played perfectly. The production didn't jump it, they let you believe perhaps she was buying it, then slammed the pay off down.

I tried watching it again, but, it's not for repeat viewing.

I thought it was comedy cliche. I didn't think they explored the hypnosis and his mother's history enough. I thought it could have been deeper than it was, but what do you expect for Peele? Not bad for a debut but highly overrated.

Thread
06-04-2017, 03:44 AM
I thought it was comedy cliche. I didn't think they explored the hypnosis and his mother's history enough. I thought it could have been deeper than it was, but what do you expect for Peele? Not bad for a debut but highly overrated.

It was indeed, but, like I said:::they didn't rush it, they stayed back and took their time, enriching an old bromide.

UZER
06-10-2017, 10:49 AM
I enjoyed it. I think a better ending setup would've been the cop telling the girl when he was talking to them both after they hit the deer, "I don't think he belongs around here" or something like that. Then her going off on him for that "racial" comment.

Then at the end of the movie, the cop car pulls up and the white cop slowly gets out of the car and slowly walks toward him. Then right when he gets up to him he says something like, "I told you, you don't belong around here", then puts him arm under him and starts helping him to the car. Then the friend jumps out to help, and they have the same conversation they had at the end.

Just a thought.

Thread
06-10-2017, 01:18 PM
I enjoyed it. I think a better ending setup would've been the cop telling the girl when he was talking to them both after they hit the deer, "I don't think he belongs around here" or something like that. Then her going off on him for that "racial" comment.

Then at the end of the movie, the cop car pulls up and the white cop slowly gets out of the car and slowly walks toward him. Then right when he gets up to him he says something like, "I told you, you don't belong around here", then puts him arm under him and starts helping him to the car. Then the friend jumps out to help, and they have the same conversation they had at the end.

Just a thought.

...& frankly a piss poor one. What the hell wrong with you, Ooze?

UZER
06-10-2017, 01:36 PM
...& frankly a piss poor one. What the hell wrong with you, Ooze?

Why?

UZER
06-10-2017, 01:40 PM
It takes nothing away from the movie. Just adds something small.

SpursforSix
06-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Disappointing relative to all the reviews and build up. Wish I had watched it not expecting too much. They revealed the secret way too early. And could have done away with the phone calls to his homey and him going to the police. Also, too big a coincidence big a coincidence with the dude that they both knew that happened to be at the party.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-10-2017, 06:29 PM

Just a thought.
That would have been decent imo

Blake
07-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Disappointing relative to all the reviews and build up. Wish I had watched it not expecting too much. They revealed the secret way too early. And could have done away with the phone calls to his homey and him going to the police. Also, too big a coincidence big a coincidence with the dude that they both knew that happened to be at the party.

Pretty much.

The problem I had was they led me into thinking all the white people were hypnotized too.....especially when they all stopped talking and stared at him going upstairs.

And why did they make grandma and grandpa be the house servants? Their weirdness made no sense

InRareForm
07-10-2017, 11:18 PM
lol such critics

BD24
07-11-2017, 12:59 PM
Blake didn't like it because it villanized all of the white folk and made the black males a hero. If you get cucked by BBC you wouldn't like the movie either.

Blake
07-11-2017, 01:59 PM
ElKingslayer2 likes fantasizing about black guys having sex

BD24
07-11-2017, 03:50 PM
Still projecting I see Blake. Don't make me call djr in here to create another masterpiece

Blake
07-11-2017, 05:08 PM
Who am I to stop you from requesting for more pictures of naked black guys

BD24
07-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Pictures of naked black guys cucking you to be exact.

Blake
07-12-2017, 06:02 PM
And a bottle of jergens huh