PDA

View Full Version : So who are we drafting?

look_at_g_shred
05-22-2017, 10:03 AM
Isaiah Briscoe?

UNT Eagles 2016
05-22-2017, 10:05 AM
1) Taco Charlton RDE
2) Chidobe Awuzie DB
3) Jourdan Lewis SCB
4) Ryan Switzer KR/PR
6) Xavier Woods SS

Color me fucking pumped. :D

$pursDynasty
05-22-2017, 10:06 AM
I am tired of the hide a player in Europe for a few years route, rather get a player that is more ready now, let him learn in the nba next season and not be used in the post season like Pop does anyway, might as well start early.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-22-2017, 10:10 AM
I am tired of the hide a player in Europe for a few years route, rather get a player that is more ready now, let him learn in the nba next season and not be used in the post season like Pop does anyway, might as well start early.

Poop doesn't care, and neither do I anymore. I hope Leonard leaves and the franchise moves to a better city like Seattle where fans appreciate their team enough to stay in the arena for 48 minutes without the distraction of Whataburger. Starbucks serves fast, right?

look_at_g_shred
05-22-2017, 10:10 AM
1) Taco Charlton RDE
2) Chidobe Awuzie DB
3) Jourdan Lewis SCB
4) Ryan Switzer KR/PR
6) Xavier Woods SS

Color me fucking pumped. :D
The moves the eagles made tho :wow

UNT Eagles 2016
05-22-2017, 10:14 AM
The moves the eagles made tho :wow
Barnett should be a pass rushing force on the right side to replace the underwhelming Vinny Curry, but I'm not impressed at all with their draft. Sidney Jones won't even play this year and they're in win now mode with their elite but very old offensive line. They should have stolen Mixon, he really would have made their offense scary this year. They got a just-a-guy corner in the 3rd round but there's still a big problem there. And they wasted their 4th round pick on yet another scat back to add to their already heaping pile of scat backs... they need a tough one cut back, and I'm afraid Blount won't get it done...

...and they totally neglected linebacker, even though Nigel Bradham may be in prison before the start of the season. Dumb move.

look_at_g_shred
05-22-2017, 10:22 AM
Barnett should be a pass rushing force on the right side to replace the underwhelming Vinny Curry, but I'm not impressed at all with their draft. Sidney Jones won't even play this year and they're in win now mode with their elite but very old offensive line. They should have stolen Mixon, he really would have made their offense scary this year. They got a just-a-guy corner in the 3rd round but there's still a big problem there. And they wasted their 4th round pick on yet another scat back to add to their already heaping pile of scat backs... they need a tough one cut back, and I'm afraid Blount won't get it done...

...and they totally neglected linebacker, even though Nigel Bradham may be in prison before the start of the season. Dumb move.
We'll see. Giants ( always are) and Eagles will both be tough this year.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-22-2017, 10:27 AM
We'll see. Giants ( always are) and Eagles will both be tough this year.

I think all three go 11-5 with the Redskins around 8-8 or so. But the Cowboys win the tiebreaker and the #3 seed, the Eagles get #5 and the Giants #6. We sweep the Giants in the regular season as revenge for last year, split the Eagles and Skins.

DaBears
05-22-2017, 10:43 AM
I hope a slashing type player that can create there own shot. Somewhere in the image of KL & JSIMMS, as far as size and athleticism.

GSH
05-22-2017, 10:45 AM
Poop doesn't care, and neither do I anymore. I hope Leonard leaves and the franchise moves to a better city like Seattle where fans appreciate their team enough to stay in the arena for 48 minutes without the distraction of Whataburger. Starbucks serves fast, right?

Hang in there, little buddy. Life gets better after high school.

https://img.clipartfest.com/6a1918d300d8b982cb93d985cd01ae4d_medication-to-treat-depression-depression-medication_209-234.jpeg

rjv
05-22-2017, 10:46 AM
is this thread a test on reading comprehension? or on antecedents?

raybies
05-22-2017, 11:18 AM
Imo top two needs is combo guard and a big.

really depends though what we do.

If we keep Pau and Simmons and let Patty and Dedmon walk we'd need a combo guard or a 4.
I'd take Frank Jackson the PG from Duke who's got size and length for combo, can shoot and get to the cup. He's like a Moreys dream player. He could make a great pairing with DJ in the backcourt. Then there's Jonah Bolden you could pick up at the four. Very versatile player in terms of skill. Doing well in the Adriatic league that is known to produce solid bigs. Can pass, dribble, shoot, defend etc kind of a jack of all trades.

If we pursue Chris Paul and trade Pau and Parker and let Mills walk you then look for a finishing big like Bam Adebayo or Jordan Bell. Or maybe if you trade Pau you look at the same guys. If you trade you could conceivably keep Dedmon, Patty, and Simmons. You might see a Caleb Swanigan who's a bully in the post and has great length and could be a value pick if surrounded by a defensive minded center. Jonah Bolden might get another nod here as well. The thing about Bolden is that he's Australian and can grow during summers with the national team if I'm not mistaken. That's a lot of potential experience to pass on.

You keep an an eye on talent that falls like Jonathon Jeanne or TJ Leaf imo. But who they pick will say a lot about their summer plans as it usually does. We need playmakers. That should top the list. I think you find role players I undrafted or free agents.

DaBears
05-22-2017, 11:26 AM
Imo top two needs is combo guard and a big.

really depends though what we do.

If we keep Pau and Simmons and let Patty and Dedmon walk we'd need a combo guard or a 4.
I'd take Frank Jackson the PG from Duke who's got size and length for combo, can shoot and get to the cup. He's like a Moreys dream player. He could make a great pairing with DJ in the backcourt. Then there's Jonah Bolden you could pick up at the four. Very versatile player in terms of skill. Doing well in the Adriatic league that is known to produce solid bigs. Can pass, dribble, shoot, defend etc kind of a jack of all trades.

If we pursue Chris Paul and trade Pau and Parker and let Mills walk you then look for a finishing big like Bam Adebayo or Jordan Bell. Or maybe if you trade Pau you look at the same guys. If you trade you could conceivably keep Dedmon, Patty, and Simmons. You might see a Caleb Swanigan who's a bully in the post and has great length and could be a value pick if surrounded by a defensive minded center. Jonah Bolden might get another nod here as well. The thing about Bolden is that he's Australian and can grow during summers with the national team if I'm not mistaken. That's a lot of potential experience to pass on.

You keep an an eye on talent that falls like Jonathon Jeanne or TJ Leaf imo. But who they pick will say a lot about their summer plans as it usually does. We need playmakers. That should top the list. I think you find role players I undrafted or free agents.

Of the roster you have set here, these players will not be back next yr due to contracts reached this past offseason..

Parker/Mills/Murray/Nico
Green/Ginobili/Forbes
Leonard/Simmons/Anderson
Aldridge/Lee/Bertans
Gasol/Dedmon

Nico -- not on roster
Lee - signed for 1 yr.
Ginobili- should retire (but loved the guy his entire career w/ SA)
Denmon - will leave for more $$$$
Mills -- while i'd hope he stays, will gardner more money else where
Simmons - same thing as Patty

** Spurs could face the reality of actually losing all of them ( Mills,Denmon,Lee,JSIMMS).

$pursDynasty
05-22-2017, 12:36 PM
It was cool to hide players overseas when we had a stacked roster and no room for them anyway. Now the Spurs are in need of players who can play so that requires a different type of draft philosophy. We need players like Dijon, with athleticism, upside but also intelligence and the right attitude that can learn on the job on the Spurs team, and in Austin. Other teams that draft low in the draft, have found players that can contribute immediately in a limited roll the Spurs need to start doing the same. More Dijon's less Tiago/Livio's.

kuato
05-22-2017, 12:40 PM
Campazzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAKtqvfKpCA

Play Boban
05-22-2017, 12:45 PM
Campazzo

:wow

TheGreatYacht
05-22-2017, 12:46 PM
Campazzo

Lmfao no

rjv
05-22-2017, 12:47 PM
Campazzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAKtqvfKpCA you mean this dude? https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6rXJHxzIqZw5-pfeh0iQufCIKa_Vu-Yauj7_9qlDK6YUc1CCL

cd021
05-22-2017, 02:56 PM
1st Round Pick

Diallo
Parsecnicks
Adebayo
Bell

2nd Round Pick
Frank Mason
Wesley Iwundu
Alpha Kappa

Russ
05-22-2017, 04:39 PM
PJ Dozier might work where the Spurs are picking.

Big Empty
05-22-2017, 04:51 PM
Package it with danny green & la marcus for 2 future second round picks

TheGreatYacht
05-25-2017, 01:29 AM
Don't really watch college basketball, but can anyone tell me why John Collins (PF, Wake Forest) is projected so late? I'm looking at some mock drafts and he's around the high-teens/low-twentys...

Sophomore stats:
26.6MP, 19.2ppg, 9.8rpg, 1.6bpg, 35.9PER, .256 WS/48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Vn_I5fDyQ&feature=share

Only 19, the best Pick&Roller in the draft, hard screener, great rebounder, athletic as hell, runs the floor fast, potential on D with fast feet and a good blocker.

Try to Larry Bird that Bulls front office and give them Danny Green (at most include our 29th pick) for their 16th, or trade Danny to Portland for their 20th pick

TheGreatYacht
05-25-2017, 01:35 AM
By the way, Spurs will work out Ivan Rabb (PF/C Cal) in the next coming days. Projected in the late teens/high twentys as well.

GSH
05-25-2017, 01:41 AM
Don't really watch college basketball, but can anyone tell me why John Collins (PF, Wake Forest) is projected so late? I'm looking at some mock drafts and he's around the high-teens/low-twentys...

Sophomore stats:

Only 19, the best Pick&Roller in the draft, hard screener, great rebounder, athletic as hell, runs the floor fast, potential on D with fast feet and a good blocker.

Why don't you just say it? You think they're overlooking him because he's gay, don't you?

dabom
05-25-2017, 01:49 AM
Can we not pick some slow fuck please. :lol

TheGreatYacht
05-25-2017, 01:57 AM
Why don't you just say it? You think they're overlooking him because he's gay, don't you?
What you did there, I see it :lol

BatManu20
05-25-2017, 02:05 AM
This is the deepest draft in a few years. There's still going to be quality talent on the board at 29. Hopefully Spurs don't blow it. Lots of big man depth and some quality PG's too. Wish we had an early 2nd round pick too tbh.

BatManu20
05-25-2017, 02:25 AM
Some prospects who could still be available when we pick, and who I think the Spurs will have real interest in. Some really good players here because it's such a deep draft:

PG's:

Juwon Evans - Ok. State
Frank Jackson - Duke

SG's:

Terrance Ferguson - Europe
Derrick White - Colorado
Hamidou Diallo - HS (one of the best athletes in the draft; high-flyer)

SF's:

Semi Ojeleye - SMU (beast; could be the next Draymond Green)
Rodions Kurucs - Barcelona

PF's:

DJ Wilson - Michigan
Jordan Bell - Oregon (best defensive big in the draft, but a little undersized)

C's:

Ivan Rabb - Cal
Anzejs Pasecniks - Europe
Harry Giles - Duke (was projected as a Top 5 pick before 2 knee surgeries)
Bam Adebayo - Kentucky
Jonathan Jeanne - France

TheGreatYacht
05-25-2017, 02:36 AM
Draft Express has us drafting Jawun Evans (PG Oklahoma St) at #29.

Sophmore stats:
29.3MP, 19.2ppg, 6.4apg, 1.8stl, 43.8FG%, 37.9 3P%, 27.3PER, .206 WS/48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RsJ73xY7GI&feature=share

He's 6'0 and will be 21 next year. Wouldn't mind drafting him and having him and Murray battle it out next year instead of maxing out second/third tier PG's like George Hill, Derrick Rose, and Jrue Holiday

dabom
05-25-2017, 02:36 AM

Sophmore stats:

He's 6'0 and will be 21 next year. Wouldn't mind drafting him and having him and Murray battle it out next year instead of maxing out second/third tier PG's like George Hill, Derrick Rose, and Jrue Holiday

We're not draftin another PG. :lol

TheGreatYacht
05-25-2017, 02:41 AM
We're not draftin another PG. :lol
Why not? Parker is out till at least ASB and Pity Mills is walking

dabom
05-25-2017, 02:49 AM

Just not gonna happen.

BatManu20
05-25-2017, 02:52 AM

Sophmore stats:

I like Evans quite a bit. Watched him play a few times last year before his shoulder injury, and he carried that OK State team (they went 1-10 after he went down). His game reminds me a lot of Chris Paul (poor man's version obv). I think the Spurs will take a good look at him because he was the best PnR PG in college basketball last year, and it could potentially be a position of need.

With that said, I think they eventually are turned off by his size and up selecting a big or wing at 29.

NASpurs
05-25-2017, 03:14 AM

You know the Spurs are going to sign some experienced Euro trash PG on the cheap. You know Pop isn't going to have Murray and a rookie manning the starting PG and backup positions until Parker returns whenever that may be. Like BatManu20 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33095) said, they'll probably select a wing or big.

Unless the Spurs become super Kawhiso heavy next year due to the lack of a natural PG. This team seriously needs another playmaker in the worst possible way.

Anyone know who's the potentially best playmaker late in the draft regardless of position?

mo7888
05-25-2017, 07:59 AM
You know the Spurs are going to sign some experienced Euro trash PG on the cheap. You know Pop isn't going to have Murray and a rookie manning the starting PG and backup positions until Parker returns whenever that may be. Like BatManu20 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33095) said, they'll probably select a wing or big.

Unless the Spurs become super Kawhiso heavy next year due to the lack of a natural PG. This team seriously needs another playmaker in the worst possible way.

Anyone know who's the potentially best playmaker late in the draft regardless of position?

Since they are working out guys projected to e in the 16-24 range we must be considering moving up. He's not talked about much here but Luke Kennard is in that range and is a combo guard that can run some pnr and is the best shooter in the draft. He has to be on our radar.

picnroll
05-25-2017, 08:21 AM
I'm on board with Evans. Hope he's available but several draft "experts" have him going before the Spurs pick. Solves the Spurs backup PG needs for a few years and given Murray's size, particularly if he can add weight, the two can play together giving the Spurs two penetrators like prime Parker & Manu days and three who can create their own shot with Kawhi. Probably the 4th best PG in a very, very strong PG class.

MultiTroll
05-25-2017, 08:36 AM
I'm on board with Evans. Hope he's available but several draft "experts" have him going before the Spurs pick. Solves the Spurs backup PG needs for a few years and given Murray's size, particularly if he can add weight, the two can play together giving the Spurs two penetrators like prime Parker & Manu days and three who can create their own shot with Kawhi. Probably the 4th best PG in a very, very strong PG class.
Who is the best pg?

mo7888
05-25-2017, 08:43 AM
Who is the best pg?

Fultz or Ball....I prefer Fultz but both are way out of where we can move up to.

purist
05-25-2017, 09:11 AM
immediate impact players? you mean like parker, Kawhai, and dejounte?

picnroll
05-25-2017, 09:30 AM
Ahead of Evans are Fultz, Ball, Fox and Dennis Smith. Fultz is concensus one and is going to Boston short of some blockbuster trade. Most have Ball two but some thing Smith is the better prospect. In terms of depth of quality at the PG position this is an epic draft. Evans in a normal PG year would be higher. He's short but has long arms to compensate somewhat and is a gritty hard nosed defender.

spurs1990
05-25-2017, 09:35 AM
Know next to nothing about college ball so any P5 draftee would be welcome.

Also Spurs being stuck at 29 despite not making it to the finals. Nba should mirror football in slotting title teams with last 2 picks. As is Cavs will pick 28 after their finals beatdown.

-21-
05-25-2017, 11:25 AM

I agree with dabom, I highly doubt we draft a PG. Dejounte is probably gonna get a lot of run but Pop's gonna want a more proven guy as the other option. We're not gonna have two inexperienced players running the point.

cd021
05-25-2017, 11:42 AM
I agree with dabom, I highly doubt we draft a PG. Dejounte is probably gonna get a lot of run but Pop's gonna want a more proven guy as the other option. We're not gonna have two inexperienced players running the point.
Agreed. This a big laden draft in the 25-40 range, spurs need prospects at C for the future. Parsecnics, Adebayo, Lessort or Bell all would be solid prospects.

Thomas82
05-25-2017, 01:47 PM
I want our first pick to be a PF or C.

DaBears
05-25-2017, 01:50 PM
a wee little lad from a far off planet located in a solar system yet to be discovered by our planetary society. Rest assured if he is out there Pop & RC will find him...

rjv
05-25-2017, 02:13 PM
i think we need someone who fits into the scheme of the modern NBA so it doesn't matter what position although someone with length and the ability to shoot the ball would be ideal.

cjw
05-25-2017, 03:19 PM

As an Eagles fan (don't kill me around here, I'm from up north) don't agree they're in win now mode ... have a few years before the Wentz deal gets expensive, like the Cowboys do with Dak. Still dealing with some of the cap consequences of the Kelly era and cleaning it up. I was surprised they didn't address another tackle in the draft with Peters aging but they'll get a lot younger next year as there's a ton of o line depth. Kendricks and Kelce are as good as gone, as will Ryan Mathews once he's healthy enough to cut.

4th rounder is going to replace Sproles long term. I don't place value in drafting backs unless they're of Zeke's ability level. Linebacker in the 4-3 isn't a high value position. With how crappy the CB position has been since peak Asante years, they needed to spent two picks on the position.

Cowboys draft was definitely solid, and I liked Washington's. No idea what the Giants are thinking. If there's a team that should be in win now mode it's them.

Onto the Spurs draft, I'm fine with BPA. Ambivalent to which position they play. Prefer they stick to more upside than a day 1 rotation player, which we know doesn't happen in Pop's system.

Any PG drafted at 29 isn't contributing next year anyway. Just sign a vet for the minimum or the BAE.

Diego20
05-25-2017, 04:51 PM
Campazzo

:wow:wow

However, there are better videos on youtube than that one..

Chinook
05-25-2017, 04:55 PM
It's foolish for a team with such a late pick to make plans on who they WILL draft. Can only make a board and go from there.

tim_duncan_fan
05-25-2017, 05:02 PM
Shot blocker and rim protector is an absolute hole on this team that has to be filled if we are going to be a serious team.

Don't know if that's available late first, but it's what we need most.

SpursforSix
05-25-2017, 05:04 PM
Shot blocker and rim protector is an absolute hole on this team that has to be filled if we are going to be a serious team.

I agree. I just don't think you can find those guys this far back int the draft.

TheDoctor
05-25-2017, 05:11 PM
It's foolish for a team with such a late pick to make plans on who they WILL draft. Can only make a board and go from there.

Yeah, most probably they go like "This are our priorities: 1) Fultz, 2) etc, 3) etc..." That till 29) when they select the lowest priority they had written/studied.

Unless some interesting trade offer comes up.

Twisted_Dawg
05-25-2017, 05:53 PM
Can we not pick some slow white Euro goon fuck please. :lol

FIFY

Twisted_Dawg
05-25-2017, 05:57 PM
This is the deepest draft in a few years. There's still going to be quality talent on the board at 29. Hopefully Spurs don't blow it. Lots of big man depth and some quality PG's too. Wish we had an early 2nd round pick too tbh.

We could buy a high second round pick like the Dubs did last year and then selected McGaw....but wait, we are the Spurs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-25-2017, 06:57 PM

Problem is, Pop would never trust them to anchor our D, not in the regular season and sure not in the playoffs (at least not as a rookie).

dabom
05-25-2017, 07:26 PM
Any 6' 9'' guys that can dribble? A SF that can play the PF position, but that can dribble the ball. Attack the basket in transition. Any of those guys in our range?

I think that's what I would get.

dabom
05-25-2017, 07:28 PM
I just described Bertans. :lol

Dude needs to play point next season. I'm saying it now. Before anyone in ST. Needs to play more point.

rastaspur
05-25-2017, 08:27 PM
Me. They should draft me.

kuato
05-25-2017, 09:37 PM
:wow:wow

However, there are better videos on youtube than that one..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ymG6gZ1i9E

TheGreatYacht
05-25-2017, 10:00 PM
Campazzo has shot 38% from the field over the last 2 years in Europe. Quit mentioning that Mexican on this forum

SnakeBoy
05-25-2017, 11:19 PM
Campazzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ymG6gZ1i9E

Is this meant as a joke? Midget looks like trash even in his "highlights".

BatManu20
05-25-2017, 11:38 PM

I agree. I just don't think you can find those guys this far back int the draft.

Far and away the best shot-blocker in the draft and one of my favorite prospects as well. His interior-D was the reason Oregon upset Kansas in the Elite Eight. He was the leading shot-blocker in the PAC-12 this season at over 3 per, led the conference in both Def. Rating & Def. Win Shares, and was named 2016-17 PAC-12 DPOY. He was the heart and soul of that Oregon team. Good, explosive athlete who's just a really high-motor guy that plays with a ton of heart, and every team can use a player like that.

Problem is, he's an undersized C at only 6'9 230 lbs, with a 7'0 wingspan and only an 8'9" standing reach. And he's 22 years old with a limited offensive game. That's why I don't think the Spurs will take him. He's still projected as a late 1st-Rounder though and is expected to go somewhere between 25-30. Spurs will likely work him out. (For the record, his measurements are very similar to Ben Wallace's coming out of college).

youtu.be/ewWLJtmH9iM

youtu.be/rWwjPZq1Twk

youtu.be/NyvpZNlNnAo

BatManu20
05-25-2017, 11:54 PM
Oregon's Jordan Bell shined in the 5 on 5 portion on day 1 of the Combine, flying around on defense while also showing a budding offensive skill set. He continued to stand out in the athletic testing, particularly in the lane agility and shuttle run drills, both of which are typically dominated by guards. His shuttle run time of 2.83 was fourth overall, just six tenths of a second behind the top score held by Frank Jackson. He also posted a lane agility time of 10.63 seconds, which would be the third best time per our database of any power forward drafted, trailing only Joel Bolomboy and Quincy Acy. Bell's do it all defensive and rebounding style of play has definitely played well at the Combine and it would not be surprising to see him potentially get looks from NBA teams at the end of the first round of some draft boards. Bell initially registered a shuttle time of 2.56, which would have been the best mark in the history of our database, but for some reason that was disqualified. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jordan-Bell-70316/ ©DraftExpress

13 points, 7 rebounds, 5 blocks, 5 assists, 3 turnovers, 5-7 2P, 3-5 FT, 25 1/2 minutes Jordan Bell posted perhaps the most impressive stat-line of the entire day, doing a little bit of everything for his team, and like Frank Mason, seeing them completely collapse (+3 when in, -21 when out) once he went to the bench. He did all the usual things scouts have come to expect from him, flying around on both ends of the floor, protecting the rim both on the ball and rotating from the weakside, playing lockdown defense on PFs and Cs alike, closing out aggressively on the perimeter, and holding his ground in the post. He mixed that in with some nice flashes on offense, particularly with his passing on the move, and even finding some success with the ball in his hands on short isos and post-ups en-route to an efficient 13 points. It was beneficial for Bell to play such a solid game in front of quite a few NBA head coaches that likely had never seen him before, as his high-effort, but still very consistent and solid style has to be very attractive to teams looking to solidify their rotations picking in the late first or early second round portion of the draft. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jordan-Bell-70316/ ©DraftExpress

kuato
05-26-2017, 12:13 AM
Is this meant as a joke? Midget looks like trash even in his "highlights".

This Isaiah Thomas like midget can score, pass and defend, do you need anything else? He is much much better than Lapro, he deserves at least a test in summer camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALHz7aGLEw

If Spurs can't get CP3 and Patty goes away this "midget" is a good and very cheap option.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-26-2017, 12:27 AM
As an Eagles fan (don't kill me around here, I'm from up north) don't agree they're in win now mode ... have a few years before the Wentz deal gets expensive, like the Cowboys do with Dak. Still dealing with some of the cap consequences of the Kelly era and cleaning it up. I was surprised they didn't address another tackle in the draft with Peters aging but they'll get a lot younger next year as there's a ton of o line depth. Kendricks and Kelce are as good as gone, as will Ryan Mathews once he's healthy enough to cut.

4th rounder is going to replace Sproles long term. I don't place value in drafting backs unless they're of Zeke's ability level. Linebacker in the 4-3 isn't a high value position. With how crappy the CB position has been since peak Asante years, they needed to spent two picks on the position.

Cowboys draft was definitely solid, and I liked Washington's. No idea what the Giants are thinking. If there's a team that should be in win now mode it's them.

Quality post.

1. This was the worst draft in league history for offensive linemen -- especially tackles. There were zero quality tackles in this year's draft, perhaps for the first time in a long time if not ever. Best to wait until next year when Peters' retirement is more imminent, and also draft a guard to replace the solid but aging Barbre on the left side as well. Agree that Wizenski (sp?) is ready to take over for Kelce immediately.

2. Not many backs are Zeke's caliber level coming out of the draft, like the one the Jaguars got is decent but way overdrafted. Maybe a bit tougher to bring down than Zeke at the line but that's it, he's much slower and much less agile/athletic. That said, a three-down back and a solid running game with a bell cow is definitely something that corresponds with excellence on a team, barring injury. Sidney Jones was not the corner to invest in that early in the 2nd round due to his injury. Probably should have taken Awuzie instead.

3. Giants had many holes to address. Some might say they neglected their OL, but they do have a very good interior OL despite mediocre tackle play. Again, 2017 was the worst draft year for tackles, so they focused on getting the best value for their team which was correct. They really needed a tight end who could do more than catch 3 yard passes (Will Tye), and Engram addresses that. They already signed a very quality blocking tight end in Rhett Ellison, think of present day Brent Celek (not Celek from 5 years ago) or Geoff Swaim. They also needed an under DT to replace Hankins who got overpaid by the Colts, and they got an improvement in the 2nd round. Should be the best front 4 in the NFL. They also still have one of the best secondaries in the league. Their linebacker play is decent but not great but that's fine if you don't value the 4-3 LB that much. RB could be a lingering problem but still better than last year with Perkins - Perkins - Vereen instead of Jennings who was just too slow. I like the Giants to go 11-5 this year.

SnakeBoy
05-26-2017, 01:33 AM
This Isaiah Thomas like midget can score, pass and defend, do you need anything else? He is much much better than Lapro, he deserves at least a test in summer camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALHz7aGLEw

If Spurs can't get CP3 and Patty goes away this "midget" is a good and very cheap option.

lol Isiah Thomas like. You keep posting these "highlights" that just show he doesn't have NBA talent. I'd rather they give Keifer Sykes or Bryce Cotton another shot in summer camp rather than waste their time on that 26 year old who will never be an NBA player.

Thomas82
05-26-2017, 06:55 AM

+1

Big Empty
05-26-2017, 08:02 AM
Any 6' 9'' guys that can dribble? A SF that can play the PF position, but that can dribble the ball. Attack the basket in transition. Any of those guys in our range?

I think that's what I would get.Yep. It wouldn't hurt to have Bertans and another similar piece though.

ceds
05-26-2017, 10:55 AM
Maybe lozo made him look better then he is but Ike Anigbogu is the youngest player in the draft and figures to make an impact with his energy right away.

His physical profile is really good with a 7'6 wingspan, high motor, energy on the glass and shot blocking.
He plays D and has really good co-ordination when closing out and recovering

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ike-Anigbogu-84426/

Currently projected mid first round on DX but you never know

TheGreatYacht
05-26-2017, 01:55 PM

Sophomore stats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Vn_I5fDyQ&feature=share

Try to Larry Bird that Bulls front office and give them Danny Green (at most include our 29th pick) for their 16th, or trade Danny to Portland for their 20th pick
If CP3 gives us the thumbs up behind closed doors then I think we need to move up the draft and pick this guy. He's the type of player that thrives with a point guard like him.

raybies
05-26-2017, 03:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLcwx9EqJpM

dabom
05-26-2017, 04:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLcwx9EqJpM

Dude has all the strengths I asked for. We need to get this guy.

raybies
05-26-2017, 04:12 PM
Dude has all the strengths I asked for. We need to get this guy.

i'm really high on this guy and Frank Jackson... depends what the Spurs plan to do

duncan2150
05-26-2017, 04:50 PM
Maybe lozo made him look better then he is but Ike Anigbogu is the youngest player in the draft and figures to make an impact with his energy right away.

His physical profile is really good with a 7'6 wingspan, high motor, energy on the glass and shot blocking.
He plays D and has really good co-ordination when closing out and recovering

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ike-Anigbogu-84426/

Currently projected mid first round on DX but you never know

I like him too, energy guy, who can protect the rim...

dabom
05-26-2017, 04:59 PM
i'm really high on this guy and Frank Jackson... depends what the Spurs plan to do

You think we can land him? Dude has the tools.

duncan2150
05-26-2017, 05:49 PM

Both Bolden and Jackson are projected in the secound round in various mock drafts.

kaji157
05-26-2017, 05:58 PM
I would love the spurs to try and George Hill'd Kyle Anderson into a pick around 20.
If we are going to loose Simmons, sign trade him for a pick could be an option?

raybies
05-26-2017, 06:03 PM
Very likely if we wanted him. I'm sold on this kid. objective was the first I know to mention him but I love his skill set. But it really depends which direction the Spurs want to go. As manutres has been campaigning for 1pg 3wing 1c and I agree completely. He could play 4/5 in small ball lineups and 3/4 in big lineups. He's just very versatile.

objective
05-26-2017, 07:03 PM
fraschilla has been talking Bolden up, he's probably going to be on the rise when he can get in workouts.

I only watched 2 full games and didn't see him as the screener in pick and rolls, but did see him as the ball handler a few times. He's a grab and go player, good handle, he can penetrate for his size at the Adriatic level at least, great range. Open space finisher.

I mentioned in the think tank that the Adriatic League is great for bigs, and the Spurs have plucked a lot of talent from there (Baynes, Boban, Milutinov, Dangubic)

I probably won't watch more though pre-draft as I'm now watching more Milutinov, saw a game against Efes last night.

He's pretty damn good.

raybies
05-26-2017, 09:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywvvz3GaK1E
dabom (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=47543)

watch this one bro. This is the most recent scouting report. This is the one i meant to share...
This guy is everything we'd want Anderson to be. I see a Lamar Odom like role for him with his skill set...

raybies
05-26-2017, 10:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9_FC0lR3tQ

I see this guy as a Mills replacement on steroids. Offensively he has a similar game to Klay imo. But I see this guy as a combo guard that can play potentially with Murray. He can help bring the ball up and he can space to floor. This guy knows how to attack the rim and is a good finisher. Darrel Morey would love this guy. Threes and layups. He also has some flavor. He's doesn't have great vision but he could definitely fill a role as a combo guard. He could play same role as Patty but with higher upside. He struggles with consistency...

tim_duncan_fan
05-26-2017, 10:13 PM
Far and away the best shot-blocker in the draft and one of my favorite prospects as well. His interior-D was the reason Oregon upset Kansas in the Elite Eight. He was the leading shot-blocker in the PAC-12 this season at over 3 per, led the conference in both Def. Rating & Def. Win Shares, and was named 2016-17 PAC-12 DPOY. He was the heart and soul of that Oregon team. Good, explosive athlete who's just a really high-motor guy that plays with a ton of heart, and every team can use a player like that.

Problem is, he's an undersized C at only 6'9 230 lbs, with a 7'0 wingspan and only an 8'9" standing reach. And he's 22 years old with a limited offensive game. That's why I don't think the Spurs will take him. He's still projected as a late 1st-Rounder though and is expected to go somewhere between 25-30. Spurs will likely work him out. (For the record, his measurements are very similar to Ben Wallace's coming out of college).

youtu.be/ewWLJtmH9iM

youtu.be/rWwjPZq1Twk

youtu.be/NyvpZNlNnAo

There is no such thing as a 6'9 rim protector, no matter what he did in college.

If we can't get a rim protector then we need a dead-eye shooter.

We really need BOTH. We are so limited offensively because barely 2 people on the team can move with the ball in their hands, and at the same time, our big guys are so soft that their length is nullified by pussyness.

objective
05-26-2017, 10:48 PM
There is no such thing as a 6'9 rim protector, no matter what he did in college.

We really need BOTH. We are so limited offensively because barely 2 people on the team can move with the ball in their hands, and at the same time, our big guys are so soft that their length is nullified by pussyness.

FWIW, Jordan Bell measured only 6'8.5" in shoes.

DAF86
05-27-2017, 02:51 AM
lol Isiah Thomas like. You keep posting these "highlights" that just show he doesn't have NBA talent. I'd rather they give Keifer Sykes or Bryce Cotton another shot in summer camp rather than waste their time on that 26 year old who will never be an NBA player.

Campazzo is really good, tbh. Only reason he isn't on the NBA right now is because of his size, but that might change this upcoming season, lots of teams have shown interest on him. He is more talented than many of the PGs that are on the NBA right now, he's definitely waaaay more talented than Lapro, who the Spurs got last year (and many spurs fans still think could be serviceable).

Campazzo has that Manu "it" factor. He makes his presence felt with plays that energizes the crowd and teammates.

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2017, 03:23 AM
Campazzo has shot 38% from the field over the last 2 years in Europe. Quit mentioning that Mexican on this forum

Play Boban
05-27-2017, 09:31 AM
I want a euro tbh.

J_Paco
05-27-2017, 11:01 AM
I probably won't watch more though pre-draft as I'm now watching more Milutinov, saw a game against Efes last night.

He's pretty damn good.

Do you think that he's finally ready to come over?

Bringing over Nikola will really effect who they should draft. With him here they can go for a SF/PF or a combo guard to (possibly) replace Simmons.

I'd be all for them bringing Jonathan back and drafting a SF/PF instead.

BatManu20
05-27-2017, 12:04 PM

I mean, Ben Wallace was 6'9 and is a 4x DPOY and one of the greatest rim-protectors of all time... Not saying Jordan Bell is Ben Wallace, but there are definitely similarities in their games.

TimDunkem
05-27-2017, 12:14 PM
B.S. That there's "no such thing as a 6'9 rim protector". If anything, they exist now more than ever. The league is playing small when the games count and 6'9 - 6'10 guys who can guard the basket, switch on pick and rolls, and (ideally) shoot the ball are in high demand.

TheDoctor
05-27-2017, 12:39 PM
You know what I like from Bell? His body control, coordination and hands. Just watched about 30mins of footage and he always looks aggressive on the court. Defense and O. From what I saw he's a good finisher with little or a lot of contact. For a player of his height and body type he handles the ball very well which tells us that he has good hands and coordination. The same can be said of his ability to catch the ball either in transition or in the paint.

He's an interesting prospect for sure.

objective
05-27-2017, 02:43 PM
Do you think that he's finally ready to come over?

Bringing over Nikola will really effect who they should draft. With him here they can go for a SF/PF or a combo guard to (possibly) replace Simmons.

I'd be all for them bringing Jonathan back and drafting a SF/PF instead.

He's ready, but circumstances could keep him away. He'd have to pay $325k of his own money on the buyout of his contract. He'd be locking himself into rookie scale. If he waits one more year, he can do a Splitter and possibly make more money and get to free agency earlier, while also not having to pay a buyout.

His game is like the screening toughness of Baynes with the size and length of Pau, and some of the nimbleness of Splitter only less of course.

A big knock on him when drafted was his lack of rim protection but he's improved big time, doubling his per 40 pace adjusted blocks.

He could replace Dedmon and i wouldn't worry about it.

cd021
05-27-2017, 02:51 PM
He's ready, but circumstances could keep him away. He'd have to pay $325k of his own money on the buyout of his contract. He'd be locking himself into rookie scale. If he waits one more year, he can do a Splitter and possibly make more money and get to free agency earlier, while also not having to pay a buyout.

His game is like the screening toughness of Baynes with the size and length of Pau, and some of the nimbleness of Splitter only less of course.

A big knock on him when drafted was his lack of rim protection but he's improved big time, doubling his per 40 pace adjusted blocks.

:tu good info.

Heard he is an above average rebounder too and runs the floor well. I assume that he stays over another year, though it would be nice to add him on the rookie deal now

picnroll
05-27-2017, 02:52 PM
Do you think he can effectively switch on picks?

objective
05-27-2017, 03:34 PM
Do you think he can effectively switch on picks?

A lot better than Pau.

Not as good as Splitter.

He's long enough and big enough to play the Pau "sit back and wait" defense against Harden but fast enough to get out, show, and get back with a vertical contest much better than Pau.

Higher basketball IQ than Dedmon. Dedmon can jump higher, probably faster, but when one guy doesn't touch a ball until he's 18 and the other is born and incubated in the Serbian basketball pressure cooker with years upon years of camps and national junior teams and lots of time against grown men ...

I'd rather have Milutinov to be honest. Watch his games on YouTube, there's i think 3 full recent games on there against good competition. Guy can play with his size.

raybies
05-27-2017, 03:53 PM
A lot better than Pau.

Not as good as Splitter.

He's long enough and big enough to play the Pau "sit back and wait" defense against Harden but fast enough to get out, show, and get back with a vertical contest much better than Pau.

Higher basketball IQ than Dedmon. Dedmon can jump higher, probably faster, but when one guy doesn't touch a ball until he's 18 and the other is born and incubated in the Serbian basketball pressure cooker with years upon years of camps and national junior teams and lots of time against grown men ...

I'd rather have Milutinov to be honest. Watch his games on YouTube, there's i think 3 full recent games on there against good competition. Guy can play with his size.
please link

raybies
05-27-2017, 03:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me-BKwGhhHc

You can watch Milutinov here me thinks

comes in 31:13
comes in 1:05:30

picnroll
05-27-2017, 04:03 PM
A lot better than Pau.

Not as good as Splitter.

Watch a few highlights. He looks like he has a lot of positives. Almost all the offense was around the basket and the pre-draft write up had his mid range shot as iffy. Has he improved on that?

objective
05-27-2017, 04:14 PM
please link

https://youtu.be/M5weu899VfU

Euroleague playoffs. Quite a few instances of him on defense vs pick and roll.

objective
05-27-2017, 04:15 PM
Watch a few highlights. He looks like he has a lot of positives. Almost all the offense was around the basket and the pre-draft write up had his mid range shot as iffy. Has he improved on that?

If he has improved it, i wouldn't be able to tell. Don't remember him shooting any in the games i watched. More of a Splitter on offense, with less falling over flipping underhand shots from waist high.

kuato
05-28-2017, 04:48 AM

WHat about this other midget?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A17S7tVIWo4

rasuo214
05-28-2017, 09:16 AM
WHat about this other midget?

Can either play defense? Don't need another short pg who is a defensive liability.

buttsR4rebounding
05-28-2017, 09:57 PM

Sounds a lot like Kyle Anderson.

dabom
05-28-2017, 10:10 PM
Sounds a lot like Kyle Anderson.

We'll he can't attack the basket. Too slow. He doesn't make the defense sotate over and he is a zero on offense. Nothing like fathead.

Strategic
05-28-2017, 10:40 PM
Jarrett Allen

raybies
05-28-2017, 11:18 PM
Kadeem Allen. Reminds me of another Allen, Tony that is. This guy can defend man. He's like 6'1'' without shoes but has a 6'9'' wingspan. He has the length, toughness, and strength to play like 1-3. He's 24 so he could be ready to contribute right away. Has a great story too. Came out of Juco, had to work for everything he got. Hell of a defender. I'd take him if he's still on the board at 59.

Play Boban
05-28-2017, 11:31 PM
:cry

buttsR4rebounding
05-28-2017, 11:36 PM

We'll he can't attack the basket. Too slow. He doesn't make the defense sotate over and he is a zero on offense. Nothing like fathead.

Do you not see the difference between your quotes? Fathead does dribble well. He does play the 4. He does attack the basket in transition. It seems that you can't make up your mind as to what you want.

dabom
05-29-2017, 01:39 AM
Do you not see the difference between your quotes? Fathead does dribble well. He does play the 4. He does attack the basket in transition. It seems that you can't make up your mind as to what you want.

Fathead is a zero on my offense. :lol

spurraider21
05-29-2017, 02:53 AM

Don't know if that's available late first, but it's what we need most.yep. basically someone who can do dedmon things

Raven
05-29-2017, 04:33 AM

is that so? i struggle to find any potential in this draft.. just the fact that players like ball and monk are sure fire lottery picks to me is telling..

CGD
05-29-2017, 08:14 AM
DJ Wilson

AFBlue
05-29-2017, 12:27 PM
A big. There's a glut of talented but raw big men in this draft, and with Dedmon likely to walk the Spurs will need an athletic front court player to replace him with.

Thomas82
05-29-2017, 01:15 PM
A big. There's a glut of talented but raw big men in this draft, and with Dedmon likely to walk the Spurs will need an athletic front court player to replace him with.

That's exactly what I want us to draft.

DPG21920
05-29-2017, 01:29 PM
Something for you all to browse:

CGD
05-29-2017, 01:53 PM

Interesting. Check out Jordan Bell and Jonathan Issac.

look_at_g_shred
05-29-2017, 08:03 PM
Karl Anthony Townes lite

palangi
05-29-2017, 09:45 PM

I like the idea of trading LMA, Danny Green, KA, and the 29th pick to Orlando for picks 6, 33, 35 and Mario Herzonja.

Draft

6. Johnathon Isaac 6'10" SF/PF- a Durant lite type player. Great length too

33. Josh Hart 6'5" PG/SG- this year's Brogdon.

35. Devin Robinson 6'8" SF- long athletic kid. Good shot. Can play the 2,3,or 4.

59. Alpha Kaba 6'10" PF/C- can shoot. Has a great wing span.

PG- Murray, Hart, Forbes, (Parker)
SG- Herzonja, Simmons, Robinson
SF- Leonard, Hanga, Robinson
PF- Isaac, Bertans, LJC
C - Gasol, Milutinov, Kaba

Russ
05-29-2017, 10:47 PM

No good bigs at #29.

The only good bigs are Zach Collins and Jarrett Allen -- both gone long before the Spurs pick.

pookenstein
05-30-2017, 12:52 AM
PF- Isaac, Bertans, LJC

So you want to go into the season with seven new players? Eight if you Count LJC? Seems like a good plan...

mo7888
05-30-2017, 07:34 AM
I like the idea of trading LMA, Danny Green, KA, and the 29th pick to Orlando for picks 6, 33, 35 and Mario Herzonja.

Draft

35. Devin Robinson 6'8" SF- long athletic kid. Good shot. Can play the 2,3,or 4.

PF- Isaac, Bertans, LJC

That's a lot of change...at any rate, I don't think Orlando gives up the 6th in a lma trade...but I'd dangle KA out there for either those two 2nd rd picks or Mario....prefereably the picks..

kobyz
05-30-2017, 08:30 AM

Draft

PF- Isaac, Bertans, LJC
lol, hezonja is so trash!

kobyz
05-30-2017, 08:31 AM
DJ Wilson

Like him a lot, but will be gone, so Robert horry clone..,

palangi
05-30-2017, 09:08 AM
So you want to go into the season with seven new players? Eight if you Count LJC? Seems like a good plan...

No you're right. Let's just bring everyone back. We can win 50 games and get spot or lose in 5 to the Warriors.

AFBlue
05-30-2017, 09:28 AM
No good bigs at #29.

The only good bigs are Zach Collins and Jarrett Allen -- both gone long before the Spurs pick.

The draft hasn't happened yet. That is to say, there are always "reach" picks and the Spurs usually reap the benefit of players falling to a place most say they shouldn't.

I'd also disagree that there are only two good bigs in this draft. No big man, those two you mention included, is a sure thing. All of them have flaws or need more tape.

At 29, they should have a good shot at a number of bigs with varying skill sets. There are nine with PF or C designations within 5 spots of 29 in the DX Top 100. They are...

Tyler Lydon
TJ Leaf
Ivan Rabb
Semi Ojeleye
DJ Wilson
Anzejs Pasecniks
Jordan Bell
Caleb Swanigan
Harry Giles

Just outside of that range are also Alec Peters, Jonathan Motley, Bam Adebayo, Mathias Lassort, Thomas Bryant and Tony Bradley.

None of them are complete players by any stretch, but they all have role player qualities. And that's what you're realistically looking for at 29.

Play Boban
05-30-2017, 10:08 AM
:cry But but we got Manu at pick 58. :cry

still.focused
05-30-2017, 11:48 AM

Semi Ojeleye is the truth
Think Melo with extra strength & not ball dominant
23 pts on 50% FG and 43% 3FG per 40
Led the NCAA in pick & pop efficiency and was 3rd in iso efficiency
Not a great distributor by any stretch but far from a turnover machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_oJ2crAh_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p_MXyYJu0I

BatManu20
05-30-2017, 11:59 AM

Semi is a decent prospect but he's a bit overrated imo. He's a poor defender and he's a tweener as a 6'6 PF. Don't think the Spurs will be crazy about him tbh, especially when there will still be better prospects available at 29.

cd021
05-30-2017, 12:34 PM
No good bigs at #29.

There are at least 4 good big prospects in the Spurs range (Parsecnicks, Adebayo, Lessort, & Bell) all would be solid picks tbh.

keithington1
05-30-2017, 12:47 PM
I like Motley

raybies
05-30-2017, 12:58 PM

He indeed is a solid prospect. I'm not sure about his height though. I like that he can play D and that he is very versatile on offense. He may have potential as a small ball four but I'm not sold. Nothing impressed me too much. I don't get too excited about prospects that dunk. I like his ability to pick and pop but we already have Bertans for that. I think if he was like 3 inches taller... His best case scenario is going to a place that he can play alot like Brooklyn or Philly cause I doubt he just comes in and is used like he was in college.

all imo

BatManu20
05-30-2017, 01:00 PM
LMA for the 12th pick? We know how much SVG likes Spurs' big men :downspin:

raybies
05-30-2017, 01:02 PM

Pau Gasol LoL

TheGreatYacht
05-30-2017, 01:20 PM

Would be perfect :wow

There will still be plenty of talent available by then and see if they can throw in Stanley Johnson as well...

MaNu4Tres
05-30-2017, 01:22 PM
Pau to POR for Crabbe, the 15th & 26th. If not 15th, ill settle for 20th.

Select John Collins w/ 15th...if 20th get Bell. If Collins at15, use 26th for Bell. If Bell at 20, get DJ Wilson at 26th. With 29th get Pasecniks or Jeanne to stash. Or SA can trade 29th for 2018 top 10 protected pick.

Id be willing to take on Crabbes' contract for those two picks.

Id shop Gasol to a team wanted to get rid of a contract as long as the compensations with picks makes sense.

TheGreatYacht
05-30-2017, 01:25 PM

Select John Collins w/ 15th...if 20th get Bell. If Collins at15, use 26th for Bell. If Bell at 20, get DJ Wilson at 26th. With 29th get Pasecniks or Jeanne to stash.

Im in.

raybies
05-30-2017, 02:48 PM
Danny Green would also make alot of sense. It would give them insurance for KCP and I'm sure they would like to give up one of Boban, Leur, or Baynes to free up some front court time. I'd take Baynes back if he opts in.

So basically Green for the 12th and Baynes. I doubt they'd want to do that. They probably want us to take Boban back lol. I'd take Boban back if we could get a Stanley Johnson or Ellenson back.

Or just having fun with this, we could trade Danny and Pau giving them frontcourt insurance in case Baynes leaves and backcourt insurance in case KCP leaves. We would have to take on either Tobias Harris contract or Reggie Jackson's contract and either Baynes or Boban but if they threw in Stanley Johnson or Ellenson and the 12th it might be worth it. Really comes down to getting Stanley Johnson whom the Spurs have been interested in reportedly and being high on someone for the 12th pick.

look_at_g_shred
05-30-2017, 03:53 PM
Pau Gasol

SpursFan86
05-30-2017, 04:17 PM

You think Portland is giving up 2 first round picks just to salary dump Crabbe (and take on 37 year-old Pau) after one year where he didn't live up to expectations...? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Portland would tell SA to fuck off if they came to the table with that offer :lol

tholdren
05-30-2017, 04:23 PM

Select John Collins w/ 15th...if 20th get Bell. If Collins at15, use 26th for Bell. If Bell at 20, get DJ Wilson at 26th. With 29th get Pasecniks or Jeanne to stash. Or SA can trade 29th for 2018 top 10 protected pick.

Id shop Gasol to a team wanted to get rid of a contract as long as the compensations with picks makes sense.

Why would anyone want gasol? Serious question.

objective
05-30-2017, 04:52 PM
Portland could probably just dump Crabbe with picks to a team like Sacramento and not have to take any salary back.

Jdspur20
05-30-2017, 05:18 PM

Because they would be able to dump crabbes contract and have an expiring one with Gasol.

objective
05-30-2017, 05:42 PM

I think Thibs and Minnesota might want him enough.

Their Aldrich signing failed as a back up center. They might not want to invest money in years past this one in free agency as they will have to start paying out soon on extensions for their young guys. Pau and Thibs seemed to have a good relationship, and Pop has broken Pau out of his 'must start' mindset.

So maybe Minnesota doesn't get traction with their initial free agent targets but they still want to improve? Just take on the vet Pau and try to make the playoffs.

tonight...you
05-30-2017, 05:46 PM

That's a baseball firesale trade.
No effing way and I would laugh at you before I hung up the phone.

No... I won't be saying "Bye" either.

picnroll
05-30-2017, 06:15 PM
Cuban posting he's in the market for picks and they should go in the $3 -3 1/2 million range. No doubt Spurs will pass.

pookenstein
05-31-2017, 12:06 AM
No you're right. Let's just bring everyone back. We can win 50 games and get spot or lose in 5 to the Warriors.

And where did I say I want everybody back?

SilverSpur
05-31-2017, 12:42 AM
Josh Hart - Villanova

thekingrobert
05-31-2017, 03:58 AM
Frank Jackson in the 1st, he is a poor man's Westbrook based on his physical and athletic measurables and in the 2nd give me Mikal Bridges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxxBazws2ec

DaBears
05-31-2017, 04:01 PM
This just in Spurs have there sights set on 52 yr old 7'1 Serbian some god-awful city in uzbekistain in the coming draft. They plan to wheel him in & see how he does at luby's.. They will see if he is a good fit for an AARP membership.

kobyz
05-31-2017, 04:21 PM

A smaller Jeff green...

Keepin' it real
05-31-2017, 04:30 PM
Can either play defense? Don't need another short pg who is a defensive liability.

That's right, the Spurs need defensive dynamos in the backcourt, like Steph Curry or Isiah Thomas. :wakeup

Keepin' it real
05-31-2017, 04:39 PM
He's ready, but circumstances could keep him away. He'd have to pay $325k of his own money on the buyout of his contract. He'd be locking himself into rookie scale.

:bang

Haven't we Spurs fans had enough of this Euro nonsense? If he's ready and the Spurs need him, just make it happen.