PDA

View Full Version : Spurs overachieved this season

playbonner15
05-22-2017, 09:30 PM
Without TP, Kawhi Im surprised we got to the WCF. Next season is another season to reload and try again. Farewell Manu I will miss thee:depressed

cjw
05-22-2017, 09:34 PM
Without TP, Kawhi Im surprised we got to the WCF. Next season is another season to reload and try again. Farewell Manu I will miss thee:depressed

They literally beat the third best record in the league without their two most important offensive cogs.

SpursforSix
05-22-2017, 09:36 PM
They didn't overachieve. They're a damn good team when Leonard is healthy.

CGD
05-22-2017, 09:37 PM
Nah, they appropriately achieved. They were the third best team, and I'm not for sure the gulf between them and Cavs was that great either for #2.

tbdog
05-22-2017, 09:42 PM
All we know is we were up 20 plus and Leonard dominating against the number 1 team. This is just another luck by the Warriors. In 3 playoff runs they have played 2 healthy teams. 2 out of 11.

daslicer
05-22-2017, 09:48 PM
I still believed they would have beaten the Warriors had the Kawhi injury not happened. So I don't think they overachieved. I have just accepted the Spurs got robbed much like someone getting their money stolen from them in an alley. I don't believe this bs coping mechanism "Well we wouldn't have won anyways."

tholdren
No they didnt. They played the best when lee and dedmon started. Got to the playoffs and abandoned ship

SpursforSix
Nah, they appropriately achieved. They were the third best team, and I'm not for sure the gulf between them and Cavs was that great either for #2.

I'm not sure the gulf was that big between Spurs and GSW. Dominated both head to heads when everyone was healthy.

Seventyniner
05-22-2017, 09:52 PM

Capt Bringdown
05-22-2017, 10:10 PM
Going by the books, I guess they were the 3rd best team. I don't think they created much of an identity over the season, and didn't have any memorable winning streaks were you might said, "damn, these guys are good!"

In the broadest sense, no team was that impressive this year in the sense of excellence at every position. I miss the days of centers and power forwards.
Today's NBA has become a 3-point contest.
That's why GS will win it all again. They are the present and future of the NBA going forward, regrettably.
We will see that last's years finals was a fluke.

noles1983
05-22-2017, 10:28 PM
PATFO will roll out the same shit roster next year, tbh.

tbdog
05-22-2017, 10:35 PM
Going by the books, I guess they were the 3rd best team. I don't think they created much of an identity over the season, and didn't have any memorable winning streaks were you might said, "damn, these guys are good!"

In the broadest sense, no team was that impressive this year in the sense of excellence at every position. I miss the days of centers and power forwards.
Today's NBA has become a 3-point contest.
That's why GS will win it all again. They are the present and future of the NBA going forward, regrettably.
We will see that last's years finals was a fluke.

The league needs to address post play and penalise physical defenders in the post just like they do outside the paint. Atm you can push off, carry, travel, move/grab/push/hip check on screens, and defenders cannot touch.

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2017, 10:35 PM

Yep..Spurs were easily the 3rd best team, strong argument for 2nd, it was a great season and they exceeded the expectations of most people..many in the media predicted that they would fall off..

Dominos joining the Warriors just changed the landscape of the league, as everybody feared..the league had 4 teams that were all relatively close, last year, to 1 juggernaut + 1 default contender(just by having Lebron)..

ElNono
05-22-2017, 10:36 PM
tbh, they reached the ceiling... there was no going any further with this LMA... that's our ceiling right now... #2 option playing like a role player...

Darius Bieber
05-22-2017, 10:37 PM
No they didn't. The west was weak as fuck.

Mikeanaro
05-22-2017, 10:48 PM
Yep..Spurs were easily the 3rd best team, strong argument for 2nd, it was a great season and they exceeded the expectations of most people..many in the media predicted that they would fall off..

Dominos joining the Warriors just changed the landscape of the league, as everybody feared..the league had 4 teams that were all relatively close, last year, to 1 juggernaut + 1 default contender(just by having Lebron)..
Media predicted Porker and Kawhi getting injured? Your narrative about the Warriors is boring, like you did with the CHeat, they are impossible to beat, nobody can blah blah.
Truth is Spurs were the best team until Kawhi got injured, he was pissing and shitting every other player especially Durbeta, Lebron always plays against D-Leaguers so his playoff accolades are inflated.

daslicer
05-22-2017, 10:49 PM
Media predicted Porker and Kawhi getting injured? Your narrative about the Warriors is boring, like you did with the CHeat, they are impossible to beat, nobody can blah blah.
Truth is Spurs were the best team until Kawhi got injured, he was pissing and shitting every other player especially Durbeta, Lebron always plays against D-Leaguers so his playoff accolades are inflated.

Pretty much this.

InRareForm
05-22-2017, 10:49 PM
Would spurs have beat cavs if they beat warriors?

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2017, 10:50 PM

I never said the Heat were unbeatable, I predicted Spurs in 5 in 2014 and even posted my bet:lol those Heat teams were extremely flawed, offensively. .

Warriors are far better than those Heat teams, tbh, not even close..

Spurs were 9 to 1 underdogs in this series, it would have been one of the biggest upsets in Vegas history if they had defeated GS..

Mikeanaro
05-22-2017, 10:56 PM
I never said the Heat were unbeatable, I predicted Spurs in 5 in 2014 and posted my bet:lol

Warriors are far better than those Heat teams, tbh..
Dont say that, Lebron and a bunch of scrubs took them to 6 games.
Lebron with a lesser team than the Heat got the ring.

Everytime Spurs get the #1 seed they play against Memphis, Clippers, OKC, and GSW plays scrubs teams while the others kill each other.
And when the Spurs get the #2nd seed, they must play all those teams again, while GSW plays vs pussy scrubs.
GSW so far played 11 teams, 9 out of those were injured teams, thats not good material for bedtime stories.

playbonner15
05-23-2017, 04:14 AM
Meh remember Kawhi carrying the team during the regular season until the Grizz? Its coz LMa disappears frequently and people are saying Kawhi needs more help

Mikeanaro
05-23-2017, 04:25 AM
Meh remember Kawhi carrying the team during the regular season until the Grizz? Its coz LMa disappears frequently and people are saying Kawhi needs more help
LMA-O was a fiasco, Spurs needs some serious retooling and they can take it all

TampaDude
05-23-2017, 05:10 AM

Kawhi or no Kawhi?

UZER
05-23-2017, 08:35 AM
All we know is we were up 20 plus and Leonard dominating against the number 1 team. This is just another luck by the Warriors. In 3 playoff runs they have played 2 healthy teams. 2 out of 11.

It's the voodoo man.

UZER
05-23-2017, 08:36 AM
They overachieved and underachieved at the same time.

So we'll just say, they achieved this season.

Mal
05-23-2017, 08:47 AM
WCF was ceiling in November. However, they were robbed of chances of competing for place in finals.

sananspursfan21
05-23-2017, 09:03 AM

I would bet. I'm not overly impressed with the Cavs. They're good, but just like the Heat, I think our guys would have taken them down. The Heat were better.

Ice009
05-23-2017, 10:07 AM
They didn't overachieve. They're a damn good team when Leonard is healthy.

IMO if you were looking at if from the start of the season where they projected to be, then yeah, they overachieved (as hardly anyone here thought they had a chance against the Warriors). But if you look at how they were playing in the playoffs, then no, they did not overachieve (They had a real chance to beat the Warriors heading into game one and were doing just that before Kawhi's injury). They were really starting to get into great form, Championship level form before all the injuries hit.

EIC
05-23-2017, 10:28 AM
This was not a great team. It was Kawhi and a bunch of bench players. Kawhi needs a legit guard and a legit big man if he's going to get another ring. D League/washed guards and 7-foot bigs who play like little boys ain't gonna get it done.