PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi is Going to Destroy the League in 2017-2018.

TheDoctor
05-22-2017, 10:55 PM
Zaza's dirty job on him, the feeling of helplessness for not being able to help his team because of that, will only make him work OVER THE TOP in the Offseason to knock this posers down.

I'm talking about Michael Jordan type of Championship Season.

Book IT.

:flag:

Robz4000
05-22-2017, 10:56 PM
I think so too. Spurs are gonna be must-watch basketball next season provided Pop gets out of his way.

raybies
05-22-2017, 10:57 PM
I've honestly been thinking the same thing.

TXstbobcat
05-22-2017, 10:57 PM
:bobo

Spur|n|Austin
05-22-2017, 10:59 PM
Yep. Just hope the FO gets him a sidekick. FUCK LMA.

keithington1
05-22-2017, 11:05 PM
If Kawhi wore a sleeve, averaged six assist, worked on his Euro step, and dunked on niggas thunderously next year, like we know he could, i'd cum in my pants.

timtonymanu
05-22-2017, 11:07 PM
Lowkey excited for next year's team. They should be more motivated and with the growth of Murray and Bertans, there's potential. Of course if that dogshit frontcourt duo comes back, it's gonna be another wasted year.

Snaq O'Meal
05-22-2017, 11:08 PM

He'll definitely need his Pippen as he plays the Jordan role.

Ron Swanson
05-22-2017, 11:08 PM
He's going to use this series as fire to come back and destroy motherfuckers. I'd feel sorry for the rest of the league, but fuck them all.

TheDoctor
05-22-2017, 11:09 PM

Quite sure the FO as Kawhi have a bad taste out of this Series. I would hope they already had a plan on how to attack this offseason tbh.

ElNono
05-22-2017, 11:12 PM
:pop: "No he won't. He needs rest"

Spur|n|Austin
05-22-2017, 11:12 PM
Lowkey excited for next year's team. They should be more motivated and with the growth of Murray and Bertans, there's potential. Of course if that dogshit frontcourt duo comes back, it's gonna be another wasted year.

I cant and won't watch another season of that. And that's saying a lot considering I watch all 82 games each year.

tmtcsc
05-22-2017, 11:13 PM
The team needs to find a way to not be too dependent on any one player. I'm not sure how they do that. They need to find more competitive players too. L is a beta and we all saw that. How in the hell did this guy ever feel disrespected in Portland? Seriously. He's not worthy of leading a team and apparently can't step his game up when needed.

Who stays, who goes:

1. Kawhi Leonard
2. Tony Parker (Most likely comes back to collect his final checks)
3. Danny Green
4. L. Aldridge (Not sure what the Spurs can get in return at this point)
5. Pau Gasol (Would be a blessing for him to opt out)

6. Manu Ginobili (Would like one more year from him)
7. Patty Mills (Inadequate for what the team needs)
8. David Lee (Come on back)
9. Jonathan Simmons (Sign, please)
10. Dwayne Dedmon (Not sure what to make of him)

11. Bryn Forbes (Has to prove himself)
12. Dejonte Murray (Future PG)
13. Davis Bertans (Come on back)
14. Big Dude at the end of the bench. - ? I cant even remember his name right now.

spursistan
05-22-2017, 11:14 PM
I have him penciled in for MVP..

CROFL at trolls/haters getting excited after that fluke Houston win..

SpursforSix
05-22-2017, 11:28 PM
Yep. This with Durants AIDS...I fully expect the Spurs back to the Finals next year.

boutons_deux
05-22-2017, 11:30 PM
KL, to be really great, has got grow past his own game and learn how to "make everybody else around him better".

iso game doesn't win championships

jehawk81
05-22-2017, 11:32 PM

Book IT.

So u want a Westbrook type of season out of him? He won't last the whole season if he goes HAM on the league. The sad truth is this team will have ALOT more holes in it than any other Spurs team in the last 25 years or so. Either everyone is too old or too inexperienced. The way PATFO has constructed this team- with a buncha over the hill vets & young guns with short leashes- this team isn't built to hang with the top 4-5 teams in the west starting next year. With both Manu & Parker possibly no longer a part of this team next year, plus not having any assets that can get the Spurs much value at all in any trades, next season should have absolutely low expectations... oh & then there's the Warriors, the Cavs, & Poop

Atl Spur
05-22-2017, 11:34 PM
I feel they must clean house..... Got to get some players that want to compete on an nba level! Hard work will always give you a chance against superior talent. We need dudes that want to rip out their opponents throats vs merely wanting to be accepted by them. Kawhi never is chummy with cats......I love that about that dude! I don't even think he shook hands after the game..

Keepin' it real
05-22-2017, 11:34 PM
Fucker better stay healthy.

picnroll
05-22-2017, 11:36 PM
Spurs need to get him some help. It'd be sad to see him piss away the rest of his career with a bunch of Gasols and Aldridge.

Mikeanaro
05-22-2017, 11:36 PM
The team needs to find a way to not be too dependent on any one player. I'm not sure how they do that. They need to find more competitive players too. L is a beta and we all saw that. How in the hell did this guy ever feel disrespected in Portland? Seriously. He's not worthy of leading a team and apparently can't step his game up when needed.

Who stays, who goes:

1. Kawhi Leonard
2. Tony Parker (Most likely comes back to collect his final checks)
3. Danny Green
4. L. Aldridge (Not sure what the Spurs can get in return at this point)
5. Pau Gasol (Would be a blessing for him to opt out)

6. Manu Ginobili (Would like one more year from him)
7. Patty Mills (Inadequate for what the team needs)
8. David Lee (Come on back)
9. Jonathan Simmons (Sign, please)
10. Dwayne Dedmon (Not sure what to make of him)

11. Bryn Forbes (Has to prove himself)
12. Dejonte Murray (Future PG)
13. Davis Bertans (Come on back)
14. Big Dude at the end of the bench. - ? I cant even remember his name right now.

I think almost the same, but I would dump Green, Big dude is Joel Anthony, he was signed only to finish the season, and you missed Fathead who is a dump to me.

Atl Spur
05-22-2017, 11:37 PM
So u want a Westbrook type of season out of him? He won't last the whole season if he goes HAM on the league. The sad truth is this team will have ALOT more holes in it than any other Spurs team in the last 25 years or so. Either everyone is too old or too inexperienced. The way PATFO has constructed this team- with a buncha over the hill vets & young guns with short leashes- this team isn't built to hang with the top 4-5 teams in the west starting next year. With both Manu & Parker possibly no longer a part of this team next year, plus not having any assets that can get the Spurs much value at all in any trades, next season should have absolutely low expectations... oh & then there's the Warriors, the Cavs, & Poop

Unlike westbrook , he can score in a multitude of ways.... Kawhi just need a real defensive stopper to play along side of him. Danny Green is NOT that dude

SpursforSix
05-22-2017, 11:41 PM
Zaza's dirty job on him, the feeling of helplessness for not being able to help his team because of that, will only make him work OVER THE TOP in the Offseason to knock this posers down.

Book IT.

There is no doubt in my mind. It made this loss more tolerable. Knowing that we're about to have the best player in the league. Haven't been this excited about "next year" in a long time.

Ice009
05-22-2017, 11:42 PM

Book IT.

He needs better players to help win a Championship. He may very well destroy the league, but he'll need support to win it all. Spurs need to get better players to support him.

Capster
05-22-2017, 11:45 PM
If Kawhi wore a sleeve, averaged six assist, worked on his Euro step, and dunked on niggas thunderously next year, like we know he could, i'd cum in my pants.
Seriously...you do that all the time!

UZER
05-22-2017, 11:47 PM
He'll rest the off season and the first month of the season just to make sure the ankle is fully healed.

:pop:

playbonner15
05-22-2017, 11:53 PM

Fuck that shit but this is what likely will happen :lol

jehawk81
05-22-2017, 11:57 PM
Unlike westbrook , he can score in a multitude of ways.... Kawhi just need a real defensive stopper to play along side of him. Danny Green is NOT that dude

That's not the point. I think the whole world knows this already. I'm talking about Kawhi's workload. He has to do wayyyyyy too much on both sides of the ball every game. With the way this team is constructed- with too many people past their primes & all these youngsters Pop has had on a short leash- his workload will be even more next year.. there's just currently not alotta top-level talent with this group. It's been said all season long by many on ST & it's true- the guard situation sucks & no one can create their own offense outside of Whi, Manu, Simmons & Parker. A Jordan-like season, with the little help PATFO has surrounded Kawhi with, will probably look more like the season Westbrook just had- with the possibility of Kawhi ending up either injured or burned out come the playoffs, all the while the Warriors are able to cruise to the finals & Lebron has another cakewalk to the finals.

polandprzem
05-22-2017, 11:57 PM
Everybody bitchin and cryin why Leo is not playing more or playing injured.
pop basically saved TDs career not playing him and distributed his minutes so he could be effective. Same with Kawhi as there were games he was just looking tired for taking all the heavy lifting. Tbh this guy works hard every possesion -on defense and ofense.

tmtcsc
05-23-2017, 12:17 AM
I think almost the same, but I would dump Green, Big dude is Joel Anthony, he was signed only to finish the season, and you missed Fathead who is a dump to me.

Lol, I knew I was missing someone but can you blame me? Damn, that's sad. He actually had his best year but his defense was atrocious in the WCF. At least he won't cost much.

Darius Bieber
05-23-2017, 12:21 AM
Seriously fuck Pop for resting him. He got injured when it mattered most anyways..

Atl Spur
05-23-2017, 12:24 AM
That's not the point. I think the whole world knows this already. I'm talking about Kawhi's workload. He has to do wayyyyyy too much on both sides of the ball every game. With the way this team is constructed- with too many people past their primes & all these youngsters Pop has had on a short leash- his workload will be even more next year.. there's just currently not alotta top-level talent with this group. It's been said all season long by many on ST & it's true- the guard situation sucks & no one can create their own offense outside of Whi, Manu, Simmons & Parker. A Jordan-like season, with the little help PATFO has surrounded Kawhi with, will probably look more like the season Westbrook just had- with the possibility of Kawhi ending up either injured or burned out come the playoffs, all the while the Warriors are able to cruise to the finals & Lebron has another cakewalk to the finals.

I agree with you. An extra defender and playmaker will serve him well; they don't have to be super stars as much as they just need to be dedicated. I keep mentioning Roberson (defender) and maybe a player like Mclemore from Sacramento.

YGWHI
05-23-2017, 12:50 AM

All your resting couldn't stop him in 2017 playoffs...

27.7 PPG
7.8 RPG
4.6 APG
1.7 SPG
52.5 FG%
45.5 3PT%
93.1 FT%

Leading the team in every fucking counting stat, also 50-40-90 shooting

:claw

BillMc
05-23-2017, 01:06 AM

27.7 PPG
7.8 RPG
4.6 APG
1.7 SPG
52.5 FG%
45.5 3PT%
93.1 FT%

:toast

TheDoctor
05-23-2017, 01:53 AM

27.7 PPG
7.8 RPG
4.6 APG
1.7 SPG
52.5 FG%
45.5 3PT%
93.1 FT%

Damn :wow

05-23-2017, 02:00 AM
Will he be healthy for a whole season for the first time in his career?

YGWHI
05-23-2017, 02:40 AM
Will he be healthy for a whole season for the first time in his career?

Midget troll...Technically, he was healthy all regular season.

I wouldnt call a stomach bug in January and Pop resting him in games, injuries.

05-23-2017, 03:09 AM
Midget troll...Technically, he was healthy all regular season.

I wouldnt call a stomach bug in January and Pop resting him in games, injuries.
it's always something tbh stomach bugs, pink eyes, broken fingers, etc

Ice009
05-23-2017, 03:36 AM

Exactly what I said on the other page. Doesn't matter how great of a season he has. Too much workload for him to carry with the other shitty players to win a Championship.

99 Problems
05-23-2017, 03:52 AM
:pop: I don't need him until after the all star weekend.

skin27
05-23-2017, 04:56 AM
He can't do that because of pop resting shit!!!

tenbeersbold
05-23-2017, 07:31 AM
Dump Gasol Green and Mills.Find a way to bring in Rudy Gay,he and Kawow would be DY-NO-MITE!!!
Bring back Hill @ pg and celebrate the chip tbh

John B
05-23-2017, 07:52 AM
Bad taste of the series. The Spurs will be back with a vengeance. MVP Kawhi, Murray, Simmons and Co getting better this Summer. 2014 Spurs to reclaim from the posers. :ihit

Keepin' it real
05-23-2017, 08:19 AM

27.7 PPG
7.8 RPG
4.6 APG
1.7 SPG
52.5 FG%
45.5 3PT%
93.1 FT%

All those pretty stats don't mean shit if he's injured. He gotta stay healthy.

Old School 44
05-23-2017, 08:23 AM
The Spurs need to sign the biggest, baddest big. He doesn't need to know how to play a lick of basketball. He just needs to start everytime we play the Warriors.

Atl Spur
05-23-2017, 08:55 AM
We just need players that WANT to compete vs pretending. Damn I'm gonna miss Manu Ginobili :(

coachmac87
05-23-2017, 09:04 AM
He's easily front runner for MVP

Ice009
05-23-2017, 09:16 AM
Has 50, 40, 90 been done in the playoffs before?

tenbeersbold
05-23-2017, 10:09 AM
Stak 5 2012 playoffs :hat
Stephen Jackson's best quote of that series
vs OKC "If yer scared,go to church":ihit

Ice009
05-23-2017, 10:11 AM
Stak 5 2012 playoffs :hat

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Have many other players done it?

tenbeersbold
05-23-2017, 10:17 AM
Damn,I miss that dude
https://youtu.be/nIVKzVGjfkk

bic50
05-23-2017, 11:15 AM
All those pretty stats don't mean shit if he's injured. He gotta stay healthy.
There's no way to guarantee that.

rjv
05-23-2017, 12:25 PM
i think so too. as soon as he gets the green light on the ankle, i bet that dude heads straight to the gym and doesn't come out until october. the question is: what other spurs (new or returning) will have the same fire burning? and will add more to the mix next season?

TXstbobcat
05-23-2017, 12:27 PM
i think so too. as soon as he gets the green light on the ankle, i bet that dude heads straight to the gym and doesn't come out until october. the question is: what other spurs (new or returning) will have the same fire burning? and will add more to the mix next season?

Really hoping that Murray has the same fire and becomes a gym rat like Leonard.

szkorhetz
05-23-2017, 12:32 PM
KL, to be really great, has got grow past his own game and learn how to "make everybody else around him better".

iso game doesn't win championships
/thread

rjv
05-23-2017, 12:35 PM
Really hoping that Murray has the same fire and becomes a gym rat like Leonard. i get that impression from him. i'm really looking forward to the summer league (assuming murray is on the roster).

TXstbobcat
05-23-2017, 12:52 PM
i get that impression from him. i'm really looking forward to the summer league (assuming murray is on the roster).

That would be huge for the Spurs if Murray can improve and dominate Summer league. Really looking forward to watching Murray, Bertrans, and who ever the Spurs draft this year on the Summer league team.

05-23-2017, 01:33 PM

iso game doesn't win championshipswe were an ankle injury away from Iso ball getting us to the finals tbh

sammy
05-23-2017, 03:55 PM
He's going to use this series as fire to come back and destroy motherfuckers. I'd feel sorry for the rest of the league, but fuck them all.

Agreed! Book It! They are going to wish they hadn't messed with the Claw especially that caveman motherfucker!

pookenstein
05-23-2017, 05:01 PM
we were an ankle injury away from Iso ball getting us to the finals tbh

We would have won G1 and made it a competetive series for sure, but winning G1, impressive as it would have been, wouldn't have been an automatic win of the series. Ask Houston.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-23-2017, 06:03 PM

THIS. And then some.

Hoping we hear Simmons, Murray, and Bertans are camping out in the gym with Kawhi all summer.

Reck
05-23-2017, 06:07 PM
They have to. They got made bitches.

Spurs are gonna need a Tim Duncan type proclamation like this one..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e1xnzx55JQ

TheDoctor
05-23-2017, 06:29 PM
THIS. And then some.

Hoping we hear Simmons, Murray, and Bertans are camping out in the gym with Kawhi all summer.

:lol I think Kawhi would hate that tbh. Although it would be beneficial for the group as such.

TheDoctor
05-23-2017, 06:38 PM
They have to. They got made bitches.

Spurs are gonna need a Tim Duncan type proclamation like this one..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e1xnzx55JQ

Tim Duncan is the baddest OG. Why aren't we hearing that type of security and proclamation from that Oakland's team tough guys?

Insecure pos.

therealtruth
05-23-2017, 08:48 PM
I get tired of Pop's you can't win it every year. That's the attitude that's kept him from repeating. If that's how he feels he should go back upstairs and get a coach who feels you can.

Seventyniner
05-23-2017, 08:57 PM
https://s17-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F51%2F0d%2F1c%2F510d1cc3fff df45258807875cdb0ebd0.jpg&sp=37bff2c874416cd0ff8552c47be91622

TheDoctor
05-26-2017, 11:59 PM
Actually he has been working non-stop since THE SWEEP at Spurs facility.

Ice009
05-27-2017, 02:55 AM
We would have won G1 and made it a competetive series for sure, but winning G1, impressive as it would have been, wouldn't have been an automatic win of the series. Ask Houston.

Yeah, I really do feel that winning game one would have given us a chance to take the series to 6 or 7 games, but that doesn't mean we would have definitely won it. I just wanted the series to go to the limit with a chance to win it in either game 6 or 7. Still really pissed off about how it ended with Kawhi going out in game 1.

SAGirl
05-27-2017, 04:25 AM

27.7 PPG
7.8 RPG
4.6 APG
1.7 SPG
52.5 FG%
45.5 3PT%
93.1 FT%

As Pop said: he's the best player in the league...

Ice009
05-27-2017, 06:38 AM
How many players have done 50, 40 and 90 in the playoffs. That's got to be a short list. And how many times has it been done in the regular season?

james evans
05-27-2017, 07:29 AM
Everybody bitchin and cryin why Leo is not playing more or playing injured.
pop basically saved TDs career not playing him and distributed his minutes so he could be effective. Same with Kawhi as there were games he was just looking tired for taking all the heavy lifting. Tbh this guy works hard every possesion -on defense and ofense.
he was tired because he wasn't used to playing heavy minutes when it mattered. You can't train for a marathon running 4 miles a day

james evans
05-27-2017, 07:32 AM
THIS. And then some.

green is who should be camping out at the gym. Mf is 29 years old and still can't create his own shot

dbreiden83080
05-27-2017, 07:49 AM
Considering the league did nothing whatsoever about it. I am sure nobody will try to repeat that BS again in the playoffs..

polandprzem
05-27-2017, 03:11 PM
he was tired because he wasn't used to playing heavy minutes when it mattered. You can't train for a marathon running 4 miles a day
playoffs matters and he was not tired in the playoffs

ace3g
05-27-2017, 04:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9KM-aPj-d0

Spurtacular
05-28-2017, 03:46 PM

Book IT.

MJ didn't win sh** w/o Pippen. Who else is stepping up?

loveforthegame
05-29-2017, 12:19 AM
Lebron calling Leonard a hall of famer.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19485761/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-lean-experience-latest-nba-finals-challenge-vs-golden-state-warriors

"It's probably up there," James said after the Cleveland Cavaliers' practice. "I mean, it's up there. Obviously, I've played against four Hall of Famers as well, too, with Manu [Ginobili], Kawhi [Leonard], Tony [Parker] and Timmy D [Tim Duncan] on the same team. And if you add Pop [Gregg Popovich] in there, that's five Hall of Famers.

Down Under
05-29-2017, 12:27 AM
Putting up LeBron Numbers next year. Better defense and better shooter.

Snaq O'Meal
05-29-2017, 12:31 AM
Lebron calling Leonard a hall of famer.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19485761/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-lean-experience-latest-nba-finals-challenge-vs-golden-state-warriors

No team in NBA history -- not Michael Jordan (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/1035/michael-jordan)'s Bulls (http://www.espn.com.au/nba/team/_/name/chi/chicago-bulls), not Bill Russell (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4152/bill-russell)'s Celtics (http://www.espn.com.au/nba/team/_/name/bos/boston-celtics), not Jerry West (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4151/jerry-west)'s Lakers (http://www.espn.com.au/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers) -- has won more regular-season games over a three-year span than the 207 games the Golden State Warriors (http://www.espn.com.au/nba/team/_/name/gs/golden-state-warriors) have won since the start of the 2014-15 regular season.

Yet Kawhi was single-handedly destroying that historic Warriors team before being cheap-shotted. Those twinks won't stand a chance if they had to play a team with prime Jordan and Pippen.

DMC
05-29-2017, 04:50 PM
I read the OP and thought "Kawhi is joining Golden State"

tholdren
05-29-2017, 04:57 PM
Yet Kawhi was single-handedly destroying that historic Warriors team before being cheap-shotted. Those twinks won't stand a chance if they had to play a team with prime Jordan and Pippen.

But no media is talking about that, just how great gs is sibce they beat spurs bench. Great work. Ps the east is fucking terrible

Spur|n|Austin
05-29-2017, 05:34 PM
THIS. And then some.

He's already back in the gym training - love it :tu

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/season-ends-Spurs-Dejounte-Murray-back-in-gym-11173144.php

TheDoctor
05-29-2017, 05:47 PM
I read the OP and thought "Kawhi is joining Golden State"

Nah, pretty sure Kawhi will be in a Spurs jersey for his whole life :toast

BillMc
05-29-2017, 07:02 PM
Nah, pretty sure Kawhi will be in a Spurs jersey for his whole life :toast

:toast I want that too, but it probably does depend on who Pop's successor is.

BillMc
05-29-2017, 07:04 PM
https://s17-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F51%2F0d%2F1c%2F510d1cc3fff df45258807875cdb0ebd0.jpg&sp=37bff2c874416cd0ff8552c47be91622

:toast

sasaint
05-29-2017, 07:28 PM

Super-max money is super-max money no matter who succeeds Pop. Since the implementation of the new CBA, I thoroughly expect Kawhi to be with us until he retires.

BillMc
05-29-2017, 07:34 PM
Super-max money is super-max money no matter who succeeds Pop. Since the implementation of the new CBA, I thoroughly expect Kawhi to be with us until he retires.

Supermax money means he'll be here for the next contract but who knows the state of the team past Pop. Hopefully he stays, I agree, but you never can be certain. He could become a trade piece at 33 or be frustrated if the team sucks at some point. If he doesn't respect/bond/see the team perform under Pop's successor things change.

The Peter Holt/Pop/RC/Duncan foundation that has lead this team 20 years will be down to RC relatively soon.

sasaint
05-29-2017, 07:46 PM
Supermax money means he'll be here for the next contract but who knows the state of the team past Pop. Hopefully he stays, I agree, but you never can be certain. He could become a trade piece at 33 or be frustrated if the team sucks at some point. If he doesn't respect/bond/see the team perform under Pop's successor things change.

The Peter Holt/Pop/RC/Duncan foundation that has lead this team 20 years will be down to RC relatively soon.

I figure 2 years. Pop will make good on his "promise" to stay as long as LMA does. I expect LMA to opt in next off-season.

TheDoctor
05-29-2017, 08:08 PM

True, you never know. Although that was a direct quote from him.

BillMc
05-29-2017, 09:05 PM
Amen.

Also, go back to the old rules where you can rough up the guards and Curry never finishes a season healthy. He can barely do that with the new soft rules.

ace3g
05-31-2017, 08:50 PM
We will all witness the "Return of the Kawhi"

skulls138
06-01-2017, 09:12 PM
I see a silver lining in Kawhi getting injured in that there's a damn good chance we weren't going to win even with him. This shines a light directly on our deficiencies without them hiding under Kawhi heroics. Its been exposed for what it is. This also gets done without saying GSW has our number which would be been the case of we lost with Kawhi. Also, no more blaming Kawhi for playoff losses, it's officially because of the supporting cast. Cough Lamarcus Alridge.

SAGirl
06-01-2017, 09:22 PM
I see a silver lining in Kawhi getting injured in that there's a damn good chance we weren't going to win even with him. This shines a light directly on our deficiencies without them hiding under Kawhi heroics. Its been exposed for what it is. This also gets done without saying GSW has our number which would be been the case of we lost with Kawhi. Also, no more blaming Kawhi for playoff losses, it's officially because of the supporting cast. Cough Lamarcus Alridge cough.
I hope so.
Sometimes I agree with this. Other times, I think it just allows Spurs FO to bail out the underperforming guys (LMA and others) bc Kawhi and Tony weren't there.

I watch Warriors play off the ball so well and in comparison the Spurs offense with LMA makes me vomit. Also, Pop is not teaching the the young guys to play off the ball well. Insufficient cutting and screen setting off the ball.

You know who actually learned to play off the ball and showed some improvement in non ball dominant playing? I don't have to tell you.

Anyways, Spurs offense with LMA is :vomit::shootme

Arcadian
06-01-2017, 09:29 PM
It's nice having a superstar in his early prime. He can sustain an injury, the team can be poorly constructed, and there can be a superteam cockblocking the whole league...and we STILL have a chance with Kawhi for years to come (assuming he stays a Spur).

SAGirl
06-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Plus Cleveland getting blown out when the Spurs rookies and youngsters put up a fight maybe gives confidence to Pop to stand pat.

skulls138
06-01-2017, 09:44 PM
I hope so.
Sometimes I agree with this. Other times, I think it just allows Spurs FO to bail out the underperforming guys (LMA and others) bc Kawhi and Tony weren't there.

I watch Warriors play off the ball so well and in comparison the Spurs offense with LMA makes me vomit. Also, Pop is not teaching the the young guys to play off the ball well. Insufficient cutting and screen setting off the ball.

You know who actually learned to play off the ball and showed some improvement in non ball dominant playing? I don't have to tell you.

Anyways, Spurs offense with LMA is :vomit::shootmeKawhi. I agree. Pops should be going to church everyday because he's got a guy who gets it. KL was ball dominant but adjusted when it became too much. That's who I thought you were talking about

SAGirl
06-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Kawhi. I agree. Pops should be going to church everyday because he's got a guy who gets it. KL was ball dominant but adjusted when it became too much. That's who I thought you were talking about
Lol I got your joke. A few Spurs play well off the ball but obviously plenty don't. The worst is Aldridge unsurprisingly.

spursistan
06-01-2017, 10:17 PM

bklynspursfan
06-02-2017, 12:01 AM
I hope so.

Anyways, Spurs offense with LMA is :vomit::shootme

Genuine question because I know sometimes we go at it... But how do you know Pop and/or the coaching staff aren't teaching those guys how to play off the ball? There is an element of just knowing to do so when an opportunity presents it self from playing ball from young honestly.

But the other side is, I think it's showing Timmy's absence. When he caught the ball up at the key, (heck even David freakin' West, gotta give him props), they were good at making that pass to the cutter. Pau is good, but our other big guys, not so much. And LMA isn't drawing doubles to free up other guys, so it's tough to get cutters going down the middle of the lane because of the way LMA plays.

More than anything, it's probably a chemistry thing. TD could throw a pass backdoor and knew TP or Patty would be cutting just from a look they gave each other. GS essentially adopted our beautiful game offense, and it works because they've got the right personnel, chemistry, and spacing required. We don't quite have that anymore, so it just looks ugly at times. Much like our prime TD days when people called us boring because it was "4 Down" so much and that wasn't "sexy" ... Except it's Kawhi doing the 1 on 1 ownage of defenses. He's just lacking other viable/consistent options unfortunately.

SAGirl
06-02-2017, 12:47 AM
Genuine question because I know sometimes we go at it... But how do you know Pop and/or the coaching staff aren't teaching those guys how to play off the ball? There is an element of just knowing to do so when an opportunity presents it self from playing ball from young honestly.

But the other side is, I think it's showing Timmy's absence. When he caught the ball up at the key, (heck even David freakin' West, gotta give him props), they were good at making that pass to the cutter. Pau is good, but our other big guys, not so much. And LMA isn't drawing doubles to free up other guys, so it's tough to get cutters going down the middle of the lane because of the way LMA plays.

More than anything, it's probably a chemistry thing. TD could throw a pass backdoor and knew TP or Patty would be cutting just from a look they gave each other. GS essentially adopted our beautiful game offense, and it works because they've got the right personnel, chemistry, and spacing required. We don't quite have that anymore, so it just looks ugly at times. Much like our prime TD days when people called us boring because it was "4 Down" so much and that wasn't "sexy" ... Except it's Kawhi doing the 1 on 1 ownage of defenses. He's just lacking other viable/consistent options unfortunately.
I assume Pop bc a lot of these guys, the first round picks especially play a different ball when young. They are talented enough to be top players in their youth teams and in their college teams. Even in the dleague they stand out. You send them to summer league and they stand out. In all those teams they play with the ball a lot bc they are frankly the best players in any of those lower leagues but the NBA is a different animal and you can't play youth ball or dleague ball there.

You have to play differently. Part of it is,if Pop doesn't play them regularly it's thought to learn any consistency. Not enough reps, not enough against good competition etc. The other part is correcting guys when they do play, teaching, which is why all these coaches have an easier time playing vets. The young players do need to play in a different league, and off their leaders. I don't see enough cutting and screen setting inn the young players except for Kyle, who has adapted to playing off the ball and is always setting screens off the ball, cutting and/or sending others to cut. MAny of the other are just standing around when someone else has the ball. It's been a pet peeve I have had for a while.

But you mention a good point in that if players can't pass the ball well like LMA (who can't) then others aren't that active off the ball bc they aren't going to get the ball. Lack of talented passing is an issue in the SL at times. In general though the younger players tend to not be active enough cutting or screening off the ball.

bklynspursfan
06-02-2017, 11:56 AM
I assume Pop bc a lot of these guys, the first round picks especially play a different ball when young. They are talented enough to be top players in their youth teams and in their college teams. Even in the dleague they stand out. You send them to summer league and they stand out. In all those teams they play with the ball a lot bc they are frankly the best players in any of those lower leagues but the NBA is a different animal and you can't play youth ball or dleague ball there.

You have to play differently. Part of it is,if Pop doesn't play them regularly it's thought to learn any consistency. Not enough reps, not enough against good competition etc. The other part is correcting guys when they do play, teaching, which is why all these coaches have an easier time playing vets. The young players do need to play in a different league, and off their leaders. I don't see enough cutting and screen setting inn the young players except for Kyle, who has adapted to playing off the ball and is always setting screens off the ball, cutting and/or sending others to cut. MAny of the other are just standing around when someone else has the ball. It's been a pet peeve I have had for a while.

But you mention a good point in that if players can't pass the ball well like LMA (who can't) then others aren't that active off the ball bc they aren't going to get the ball. Lack of talented passing is an issue in the SL at times. In general though the younger players tend to not be active enough cutting or screening off the ball.

I agree those guys need more reps. I just think it's tough to say what the coaching staff is or isn't teaching, because frankly we have no idea what they're showing them during film sessions or walk-throughs or whatever. This is a coach who is big on guys playing fundamental basketball, and moving without the ball and/or cutting is a very basic fundamental aspect of the game.

I think the more reps they get, the more chemistry they'll develop and hopefully we'll see some more fluidity in the offense. Having that guy who can pass at the key is very important though. I could see Anderson being that guy at times, and Lee actually has good vision/IQ to make that pass as well. We'll see what our roster is looking like next season

skulls138
06-02-2017, 07:52 PM
With LA it's mental not talent which gives me hope. There was a stretch there when LA was passing pretty good I thought. You can tell when LA isn't feeling confident, everything looks awkward and forced and hes jacking up turnarounds leaning so far back his back is parallel to the ground.

SAGirl
06-02-2017, 11:20 PM
With LA it's mental not talent which gives me hope. There was a stretch there when LA was passing pretty good I thought. You can tell when LA isn't feeling confident, everything looks awkward and forced and hes jacking up turnarounds leaning so far back his back is parallel to the ground.

This was funny skulls :)

cutewizard
06-03-2017, 07:15 AM

Book IT.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Bud coming back to coach the Spurs??

NameLess Scrub
06-04-2017, 09:29 AM
It's very likely that Kawhi has reached his peak. Let's just hope he's not injury prone.

LA needs to focus, so he can condition, so he can gain consistency.

CGD
06-04-2017, 09:35 AM

bic50
06-04-2017, 09:55 AM
It's very likely that Kawhi has reached his peak. Let's just hope he's not injury prone.

LA needs to focus, so he can condition, so he can gain consistency.
Very good chance he hasn't reached his peak yet considering how much How works to improve his game every off season.
Not worried about him being injury prrone. Him sitting out the rest of the series had more to do with pop then Kawhi

Ice009
06-04-2017, 10:22 AM
Very good chance he hasn't reached his peak yet considering how much How works to improve his game every off season.
Not worried about him being injury prrone. Him sitting out the rest of the series had more to do with pop then Kawhi

I still want to know if he could have played or if it was all Pop that shut him down so that his favourite team could advance.

bic50
06-04-2017, 10:49 AM
I still want to know if he could have played or if it was all Pop that shut him down so that his favourite team could advance.
I'm leaning towards him being able to play and pop not letting him. He wouldn't have been 100% but he wasn't 100% to begin he series anyway.

BillMc
06-04-2017, 01:04 PM

He almost certainly has reached his physical peak but his skills, experience and decision making likely are still improving. The best version of Kawhi that will ever exist should hit sometime in the next 3 years.

hooperflash
06-04-2017, 01:22 PM
We will all witness the "Return of the Kawhi"

"Return of the Jedi" is Star Wars Episode 6 , will "Return of the Kawhi" bring San Antonio it's 6th NBA title?? TBD :flag:

ace3g
06-04-2017, 01:46 PM
"Return of the Jedi" is Star Wars Episode 6 , will "Return of the Kawhi" bring San Antonio it's 6th NBA title?? TBD :flag:

Considering Zaza (Vader) slashed Kawhi's (Luke) ankle off this season = Empire Strikes Back

Robz4000
06-04-2017, 01:48 PM
Considering Zaza (Vader) slashed Kawhi's (Luke) ankle off this season = Empire Strikes Back

So Zaza is Kawhi's father?

ace3g
06-04-2017, 01:49 PM
^ Plot twist

Robz4000
06-04-2017, 01:51 PM
^ Plot twist

I wanna get off Silver's crazy ride!

ace3g
06-04-2017, 02:04 PM
Well typically a series takes a hiatus after a trilogy (unless you are fast and the furious), so we should be good for next season.

hooperflash
06-04-2017, 02:58 PM

Looks like Bleacher Report has been parodying the wrong series this whole time.

spursistan
06-04-2017, 07:52 PM

NameLess Scrub
06-05-2017, 04:25 PM

He might be work hard to refine his skills but not gain anymore. If he becomes more versatile he will destroy the league of course, but it starts to be hard for him to keep going dragon ball during the summer. Would love to be wrong though.

NameLess Scrub
06-05-2017, 04:28 PM
He almost certainly has reached his physical peak but his skills, experience and decision making likely are still improving. The best version of Kawhi that will ever exist should hit sometime in the next 3 years.

The mental aspect, definitely.

Point is, Kawhi is awesome right now.
Unless his heart doesn't let him, we need LA to find some 80s montage level of motivation so he can finally start a season ready, for the Spurs.

TheDoctor
06-26-2017, 10:17 PM
#TheDisrespect

cjw
06-26-2017, 10:17 PM
Kawhi is probably in the gym right now

look_at_g_shred
06-27-2017, 12:12 PM
fuel to the fire baby! Lets get it

cutewizard
06-27-2017, 07:16 PM
Win MVP and Defensive Player next year Kawhi........

Spurtacular
06-27-2017, 07:34 PM

Boban?

cutewizard
06-27-2017, 07:40 PM
:bobo

TheDoctor
08-20-2017, 10:20 AM
As we know, Kawhi's currently in China and he appears to be extremely motivated for the next season according to Michael C. Wright (http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0690321759945104995-4):

“Everyone saw how it ended. [The offseason] started off slow, just rehabbing, getting back 100 percent. But obviously, just everything like I say every year. Just come back a better player, better leader, and just work on my game. I respect it. I’m very passionate about it. I love to play. This is why I work so hard at it. [I’ve been working on] just everything, shooting. You’ll see. You’ll see next season. Something always new comes.”

Dverde
08-20-2017, 11:40 AM
As we know, Kawhi's currently in China and he appears to be extremely motivated for the next season according toMichael C. Wright (http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0690321759945104995-4):

“Everyone saw how it ended. [The offseason] started off slow, just rehabbing, getting back 100 percent. But obviously, just everything like I say every year. Just come back a better player, better leader, and just work on my game. I respect it. I’m very passionate about it. I love to play. This is why I work so hard at it. [I’ve been working on] just everything, shooting. You’ll see. You’ll see next season. Something always new comes.”

i hope he is working on telling the front office to quit overpaying French, Spaniards, Australians.

TheDoctor
08-20-2017, 02:44 PM
i hope he is working on telling the front office to quit overpaying French, Spaniards, Australians.
I hope he's working on his playmaking. Gotta need that w/o playmakers on the team until January when HoTS makes his comeback.

boutons_deux
08-20-2017, 03:46 PM
I'd like to seem up his AST numbers, manage the team better. The more he trusts people to pass them them ball, the more those people feel respected and motivated to contribute.

Running up and down the floor, watching KL, and not touching the ball is demoralizing.

YGWHI
08-20-2017, 05:38 PM
I'd like to seem up his AST numbers, manage the team better. The more he trusts people to pass them them ball, the more those people feel respected and motivated to contribute.

I guess Kawhi has fewer and fewer people he can trust on this team.

Green and Patty had horrible shooting, LMA took more shots last season than in his first season as Spur but scored less points, Kawhi Simms and Dedmon were a good tandem on court he threw them nice lobs last season but the team don't have those athletic players anymore...

Anyway Kawhi's supporting cast isn't about a trust issue it' about their lack of talent

2 rooks, 3 sophomores, 3 aging stars in key roles, 2 shooters who can't hit an ocean in playoffs, 1 french bigman, and LMA...Doesn't sound great.

TheDoctor
08-23-2017, 12:46 PM
Where did he say this?

When and where did he say that ? That doesn't even sound like something her would say. Please tell me you're not just bored and making shit up.

As we know, Kawhi's currently in China and he appears to be extremely motivated for the next season according toMichael C. Wright (http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0690321759945104995-4):

mookie2001
08-23-2017, 03:24 PM
I think some of yall jock harden and Westbrook too much.

guess we also want no point guard at all and Kawhi's scoring to go down? F assist numbers, lets focus on quick release shooting, ball handling (yes more) and regular American-boy chest passes and bounce passes.

TheDoctor
12-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Lets get HYPED!

MVP might play Friday against the Celtics. “I feel it coming”.
I’m ready for some Finals again my siblings :danceclub

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQUMrtVVoAAAcGs?format=jpg&name=large

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-05-2017, 06:35 PM
I'm ready for the season to start.

This preseason has been long....

r0drig0lac
12-06-2017, 05:38 AM
I'm ready for the season to start.

This preseason has been long....