PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: If yoy were KD you would have done the same thing

lefty
05-23-2017, 09:38 AM
So STFU

When you leave a job for another one, you do it because better pay, or location, or work environment etc... So what you feel is best for you

Durant felt GSW was what's best for him so he joined them.

05-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Sure but that's why he's a beta

Ice009
05-23-2017, 09:52 AM
So STFU

When you leave a job for another one, you do it because better pay, or location, or work environment etc... So what you feel is best for you

No really. You gotta learn to grind and toughen up.

lefty
05-23-2017, 09:57 AM

:lol that's one way to look at it

Thread
05-23-2017, 10:30 AM
Southpaw

LkrFan
05-23-2017, 10:43 AM

Did the Spurs "learn to toughen up" with a top 50 player on their roster when they tanked for Duncan?

Joseph Kony
05-23-2017, 11:04 AM
comparing average joe jobs to multimillion dollar athlete jobs is retarded tbh

unleashbaynes
05-23-2017, 11:10 AM
He woulda got paid more in OKC. He's a faggot for joining a team that was capable of winning it all without him. Period.

resistanze
05-23-2017, 01:41 PM
If that's true what does he keep hedging by saying dumb shit like 'if the Warriors won last year, no way in well I g to GSW' and ''m glad GSW lost so I could go there'? :lol

He's the A-Rod of basketball, too affected tbh

lefty
05-23-2017, 05:27 PM
If that's true what does he keep hedging by saying dumb shit like 'if the Warriors won last year, no way in well I g to GSW' and ''m glad GSW lost so I could go there'? :lol

Negotiation
You reject a company, they want you more

Clipper Nation
05-23-2017, 05:36 PM
So STFU

This analogy breaks down when you realize that the average Joe isn't getting paid millions to entertain a worldwide audience. The NBA's product is less entertaining because Durbeta decided he'd rather ride the coattails of the 73-win team he choked against than compete.

Clipper Nation
05-23-2017, 05:37 PM

He's not A-Rod. A-Rod was all about the money. Durbeta's more like Clemens: thirsty for cheap rings and accolades while being dumb enough to think fans wouldn't care how he got them.

resistanze
05-23-2017, 05:39 PM
Negotiation
You reject a company, they want you more

He said that AFTER he signed :lol

He says he's OK with his decision, he went for his reasons, but was willing to through it all away if Kyrie missed a jumper in game 7? Stupid Ethiopian, tries too hard tbh.

lefty
05-23-2017, 06:13 PM
He said that AFTER he signed :lol

He says he's OK with his decision, he went for his reasons, but was willing to through it all away if Kyrie missed a jumper in game 7? Stupid Ethiopian, tries too hard tbh.

Oh did?

Lol

Still did what he wanted to do lol

Don't hate the player, hate the system :D

lefty
05-23-2017, 06:15 PM
This analogy breaks down when you realize that the average Joe isn't getting paid millions to entertain a worldwide audience. The NBA's product is less entertaining because Durbeta decided he'd rather ride the coattails of the 73-win team he choked against than compete.

The NBA product is less entertaining because t:loldays NBA.
Durant and the superteaming are just a product of today's NBA

Mitch
05-23-2017, 07:52 PM
Did the Spurs "learn to toughen up" with a top 50 player on their roster when they tanked for Duncan?

Spurs are a bunch of pussies like El Salvidorians, tbh

ambchang
05-23-2017, 09:34 PM
The NBA product is less entertaining because t:loldays NBA.
Durant and the superteaming are just a product of today's NBA

It's true to an extent. The NBA actively eliminated any semblance of defense and made a number of players virtually unguardable. Plays s who can run through screens and shoot cannot be guarded. Players who has any quickness with the ball is unguardable. A prime Miller, Mullin, tony Parker, isiah Thomas, Allen Iverson and Nate archibald would be top tier MVP candidates in :lol today's NBA.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-23-2017, 09:34 PM
Nope. it's chickenshit to bandwagon.

daslicer
05-23-2017, 11:33 PM
Terrible analogy by the OP. You can't compare a regular 40 hour job to a job that pays you millions for working 3-4 hours a week. There is no comparison.

AlexJones
05-24-2017, 12:43 AM
Same people who say this will criticize Stockton for not winning a ring

AlexJones
05-24-2017, 12:50 AM
No team in the history of basketball can beat the 2017 Golden State Warriors under 2017 rules. This is a fact. And it'll probably be true for the 2018 Warriors, 2019 Warriors as well unless they somehow lose Curry Durant or Green. No one will quesiton Durant's decision after it's all said and done.

Chris
05-24-2017, 05:18 AM

Still butt hurt after all these years :lol

lefty
05-24-2017, 07:12 AM
It's true to an extent. The NBA actively eliminated any semblance of defense and made a number of players virtually unguardable. Plays s who can run through screens and shoot cannot be guarded. Players who has any quickness with the ball is unguardable. A prime Miller, Mullin, tony Parker, isiah Thomas, Allen Iverson and Nate archibald would be top tier MVP candidates in :lol today's NBA.

Terell Brandon in today's NBA....

DAAAAAAAAAMN

05-24-2017, 07:26 AM

Terell Brandon in today's NBA....

DAAAAAAAAAMN
Can you imagine Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf in :lol today's NBA?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-HBzzzsjt8

:wow:wow:wow

lefty
05-24-2017, 08:45 AM
Can you imagine Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf in :lol today's NBA?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-HBzzzsjt8

:wow:wow:wow
The original Steph but better

Imagine hin in today's NBA... AND without Tourette Syndrome
:wow :wow :wow :wow :wow :wow

LkrFan
05-24-2017, 09:44 AM
Still butt hurt after all these years :lol

No, not really. I'd rather him wear in silver and black instead of booger green and white. ;)

Dex
05-24-2017, 11:39 AM
Anybody who plays any team sport wants their team to be the best it can be. No one is trying to make winning harder than it has to be.

Durant saw the opportunity to have that, and went for it. Don't blame him one bit.

lefty
05-24-2017, 12:18 PM
Anybody who plays any team sport wants their team to be the best it can be. No one is trying to make winning harder than it has to be.

Durant saw the opportunity to have that, and went for it. Don't blame him one bit.
This.
Even DK said : these kids today, they have opportunities we didn't have back then

People seem to forget MJ and Barkley publicly calling out their GMs

LeBron wasn't the 1st to do it

InRareForm
05-24-2017, 12:38 PM
I would have went to Boston tbh

Brazil
05-24-2017, 04:37 PM
:lmao yeah sure I would have left my company where I was CEO and lose millions of dollar to go to another company for a job of assistant of the CEO

wtf lefty ? what a fail of OP tbh... oh boy

:lmao

lefty
05-24-2017, 05:17 PM
:lmao yeah sure I would have left my company where I was CEO and lose millions of dollar to go to another company for a job of assistant of the CEO

wtf lefty ? what a fail of OP tbh... oh boy

:lmao

:lol

Brazil
05-25-2017, 05:05 AM

TheCultOfPersonality
05-25-2017, 05:27 AM
I never had a problem with what Durant did tbh. If that's what he wants to do that's his perrogative.

xellos88330
05-25-2017, 07:48 AM
I don't have a problem with what Durant did. I have a problem with league competitiveness.

Example: I just got a call yesterday for my tennis clubs progressive doubles league which I am a substitute for (in case of injury etc.) and one of the players did injure himself. The player is extremely good and plays on the top court. Instead of taking the position of being on the top court, I asked to be moved down to the lowest court so I can work my way up.

It is just different for me. I play sports for the thrill of the competition. Not necessarily to always win. I just like competing. If I lose, oh well. If I win. Sweet! Of course it would be better to win, but the grind to the top is fun as hell and I would be selling myself short for bypassing it. Besides. I can learn about the weaknesses in game and fix them as I will have to compete every single night.

Thread
05-25-2017, 09:52 PM
I don't have a problem with what Durant did. I have a problem with league competitiveness.

Example: I just got a call yesterday for my tennis clubs progressive doubles league which I am a substitute for (in case of injury etc.) and one of the players did injure himself. The player is extremely good and plays on the top court. Instead of taking the position of being on the top court, I asked to be moved down to the lowest court so I can work my way up.

It is just different for me. I play sports for the thrill of the competition. Not necessarily to always win. I just like competing. If I lose, oh well. If I win. Sweet! Of course it would be better to win, but the grind to the top is fun as hell and I would be selling myself short for bypassing it. Besides. I can learn about the weaknesses in game and fix them as I will have to compete every single night.

It's hard to imagine that mindset, x. You should be proud of yourself.

dfens
05-26-2017, 07:18 AM
So STFU

son I've got a whore at my office who thinks the same, she sucked half the dicks on our floor trying to get upstairs the corporate ladder ... what I'm trying to say is that a whore is still a whore, even if she has a nice position, everybody still treats her like a whore.

lefty
05-26-2017, 07:34 AM
son I've got a whore at my office who thinks the same, she sucked half the dicks on our floor trying to get upstairs the corporate ladder ... what I'm trying to say is that a whore is still a whore, even if she has a nice position, everybody still treats her like a whore.

What's her extension?

05-26-2017, 07:39 AM

Ice009
05-26-2017, 08:23 AM

I was actually happy with that team. I followed all the games that season and they played hard and physical. They didn't get many wins, but they played hard every night.

I think they deserved the reward for not tanking by playing hard. They earned that number 1 pick and the Basketball gods obviously agreed.

dfens
05-26-2017, 08:45 AM
What's her extension?

one line(r). :lmao

LkrFan
05-26-2017, 11:30 AM
I was actually happy with that team. I followed all the games that season and they played hard and physical. They didn't get many wins, but they played hard every night.

I think they deserved the reward for not tanking by playing hard. They earned that number 1 pick and the Basketball gods obviously agreed.

GTF:lmao - y'all didn't deserve back shit det year. Boston was genuinely a bad team and deserved Jim. Now granted, I'm glad Jim went to SA and not Boston for obvious reasons, but no way in hell did y'all deserve #1 overall pick with a top 50 all-time player on the roster. But that's just me :wakeup

ambchang
05-26-2017, 02:36 PM
GTF:lmao - y'all didn't deserve back shit det year. Boston was genuinely a bad team and deserved Jim. Now granted, I'm glad Jim went to SA and not Boston for obvious reasons, but no way in hell did y'all deserve #1 overall pick with a top 50 all-time player on the roster. But that's just me :wakeup

The Lakers deserve Kobe, Randle, D'Bust, and LaVar though.

05-27-2017, 11:48 AM
His move to GS have people talking more about him than they would've had he stayed in OKC.

Whether it's positive views or negative views against him, it still got the desired result.

Spurtacular
05-27-2017, 11:56 AM
So STFU

It was a beta move. That others would've done it doesn't erase that.

dfens
05-28-2017, 08:33 AM
The Lakers deserve Kobe, Randle, D'Bust, and LaVar though.

Lavar is the new Jack tbh :lmao

Ice009
05-28-2017, 12:05 PM
Ahh no, I would not have. I would never have gone to a 73 (record breaking) win team if I hadn't won a Championship before and I was a top 5 player in the league. That's just pathetic. I hated what Lebron did, but what's crazy is, this now in comparison makes that not seem that bad at all. That's how egregious this is. To top it all off, you've got a tweet from KD taking a shot at Lebron back then too. lol. What a fucking tool.

It really is flagrantly bad on every level. KD can try and spin this shit all he wants, but all the spinning in the world isn't going to make this look any better.

I think I'd have a modicum of respect for him if he just came out and said that he wanted it easier.

Thread
05-28-2017, 12:10 PM
He doesn't want to end up like Barkley, on a TnT set with his dick in one hand and no NBA Title in the other. Sure, it ain't like it used to be where ring count was everything. Now? They pick & choose their victims. Durant has been targeted. I'd tell them to go back and fuck their mothers some more if I were him, or, if I were Trump. Especially Trump.

Whether you're this Ball pappy, or, Durant, do what's best for you & your line of blood because the only help you're gonna get is when they help you down into the ground.

DMC
05-28-2017, 04:29 PM
So STFU

Lefty, just because someone does what they want to do doesn't mean everyone wants the same things. For example, you might like to suck a dick so you'll go suck a dick. Others here will likely go have a beer, but you're both doing what you want to do, putting something in your mouths that satisfies you, so technically it's the same thing, but in reality you're a faggot and we're just beer drinkers.

TD 21
05-28-2017, 05:14 PM
It was never about going to the Warriors; it was about leaving the Thunder. Most superstars and stars, that have moved on from their initial team, did so primarily because they had no chance to contend for a championship. Had he been in that situation and went to the Warriors, I still would have hated it because it still would have destroyed the league, but I'd have understood it. What I don't understand, is how any supposed competitor could leave arguably the second best team in the league to join the best, especially when they came within' a hair of beating them last season and could have going forward. I also don't understand how you could derive any satisfaction from winning, when you have no competition.

DMC
05-28-2017, 05:32 PM
It was never about going to the Warriors; it was about leaving the Thunder. Most superstars and stars, that have moved on from their initial team, did so primarily because they had no chance to contend for a championship. Had he been in that situation and went to the Warriors, I still would have hated it because it still would have destroyed the league, but I'd have understood it. What I don't understand, is how any supposed competitor could leave arguably the second best team in the league to join the best, especially when they came within' a hair of beating them last season and could have going forward. I also don't understand how you could derive any satisfaction from winning, when you have no competition.

Oh that's easy:

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/2038827/Westrbook.gif

He's on an island now. Ibaka, Harden, Durant and even Brooks are gone. Only KD is in a better spot.

TD 21
05-28-2017, 06:10 PM
Oh that's easy:

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/2038827/Westrbook.gif

He's on an island now. Ibaka, Harden, Durant and even Brooks are gone. Only KD is in a better spot.

Still. James and Wade, though closer off court, weren't a great on court fit and because of that probably didn't entirely enjoying playing together. When you have that much talent though, you make it work. If not that, let's be real: Durant is the bigger star and probably will hold up as one longer. If he gave them an ultimatum, they more than likely choose him and trade Westbrook for a massive return.

Nothing justifies leaving that situation. He's a coward and a disgrace.

DMC
05-28-2017, 07:02 PM
Still. James and Wade, though closer off court, weren't a great on court fit and because of that probably didn't entirely enjoying playing together. When you have that much talent though, you make it work. If not that, let's be real: Durant is the bigger star and probably will hold up as one longer. If he gave them an ultimatum, they more than likely choose him and trade Westbrook for a massive return.

Nothing justifies leaving that situation. He's a coward and a disgrace.

Let's not conflate "didn't enjoy playing together" with "hates his fucking guts" as being one and the same.

lefty
05-28-2017, 09:45 PM
Lefty, just because someone does what they want to do doesn't mean everyone wants the same things. For example, you might like to suck a dick so you'll go suck a dick. Others here will likely go have a beer, but you're both doing what you want to do, putting something in your mouths that satisfies you, so technically it's the same thing, but in reality you're a faggot and we're just beer drinkers.
You like dicks :lol

Ice009
05-28-2017, 11:26 PM

Exactly. If you don't have to work really hard for something then there is no satisfaction. It doesn't mean anything if you don't have to work hard for it. Anything in life that is worth something isn't easy. That's pretty much my philosophy.

Some of you people here don't understand this at all.

Let me reiterate, there is no fucking way I would have went to Goldenstate from OKC after almost beating them. They should have beaten them, but they choked and this tool KD runs straight there. Weakest move in NBA history. Those of you in this thread that are saying everyone/most people would have done the same thing, you must be a real weak ass bitch in real life. WEAK.

I don't really want either Goldenstate or Cleveland to win. Lebron, to a lesser extent tried to do the same thing too. I don't care that he tries to play the game the right way. He wants all the help in the world too. Hopefully they somehow both lose.

mudyez
05-29-2017, 02:27 AM
Pretty easy comparison:
In the Bundesliga Bavaria Munich won five straight ships, but everyone knows that a single title of another team (Bremen, Stuttgart, Wolfsburg to name a view of the last) ist worth more than those five.

Ask the King, if he would rather keep the last one with the Cavs or the two with the Heat! No way he chooses the Heat ships.

Thread
05-29-2017, 04:34 AM
Lebron, to a lesser extent tried to do the same thing too. I don't care that he tries to play the game the right way. He wants all the help in the world too.

Only because the hue & cry is still now. They're not right outside his door any longer. They left years ago. That demand for "horse" has been sated. The monkey is off his back.

Clipper Nation
05-29-2017, 09:42 AM
Don't kid yourself, it was about joining the Warriors. If it was only about leaving the Thunder, there were plenty of other teams he could have signed with. The faggot just wanted easy unearned rings and joined a 73-win team in the hopes of getting them.

DMC
05-29-2017, 02:33 PM
Don't kid yourself, it was about joining the Warriors. If it was only about leaving the Thunder, there were plenty of other teams he could have signed with. The faggot just wanted easy unearned rings and joined a 73-win team in the hopes of getting them.

So then he should have wanted a worse team around him to ensure he has to work even harder for success? That doesn't make sense. If I can get as much money elsewhere, I choose the location that A) I want to live and B) I can be successful, with a team I like playing with.

Everyone is ignoring Russell Westbrook's role in all this. That chucking ball hogging faggot ran his entire team off and will likely get an MVP for it. Since today's metrosexual boxscore watching fans only care about numbers, they think Russell is a GOAT. They like it that there will be the same two teams in the Finals for the next 5 years because they don't have to go out and buy new jerseys, just have a Cavs and a Warriors jersey. (I saw some brothas in fucking TOPEKA wearing Warriors jerseys last week :lol )

lefty
05-29-2017, 02:57 PM
Alpha move by KD tbh not giving a fuck about what everyone else thinks

TD 21
05-29-2017, 03:41 PM

I mean my disgust for what he did.