PDA

View Full Version : Pop End of Season

raybies
05-23-2017, 02:54 PM
http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/teams/spurs/2017/05/23/1495564069678-Pop-exit-interview-1438458_1280x720.mp4

Let me know how to embed and i'll embed.

Really get the feeling he wants to keep the team together.

He talked about this team being challenging because of all the new guys. I don't think he wants alot of new guys again.

Talks about Aldridge doing what they want him to do. Basically what some of us have already realized that he had a tough time against the double.

Talks about the modern NBA requiring versatile players that can do it all. Something i mentioned as well. Could be a insight into what they are looking for.

DaBears
05-23-2017, 03:08 PM
Pop pisses me off with his answers... I mean he can give more detailed answers after all its for us the FANS of the Team, not him.

SAGirl
05-25-2017, 12:03 AM
Yea he does sound like standing pat. Satisfied with both Lma and Pay, and Manu destiny up to him. Other than that not much to see there.

illusioNtEk
05-25-2017, 12:05 AM
Don't you guys ever learn not to question Pop?

Trust in him

Ibleedslvrnblk
05-25-2017, 09:07 AM
Pop pisses me off with his answers... I mean he can give more detailed answers after all its for us the FANS of the Team, not him.

Actually it's business. The fans watch them play and work. It has nothing to do with fans because fans know shit all

MultiTroll
05-25-2017, 09:22 AM
http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/teams/spurs/2017/05/23/1495564069678-Pop-exit-interview-1438458_1280x720.mp4

Let me know how to embed and i'll embed.

Really get the feeling he wants to keep the team together.

He talked about this team being challenging because of all the new guys. I don't think he wants alot of new guys again.

Talks about Aldridge doing what they want him to do. Basically what some of us have already realized that he had a tough time against the double.

Talks about the modern NBA requiring versatile players that can do it all. Something i mentioned as well. Could be a insight into what they are looking for.
Which teams would go for a package of him and LMA?
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99762&highlight=can+coaches+be+traded

DMC
05-25-2017, 10:06 AM
Blow up a 60 win team because of collusion on stacked teams, because blowing it up solves all.

MultiTroll
05-25-2017, 10:14 AM
Blow up a 60 win team because of collusion on stacked teams, because blowing it up solves all.
No kidding.
Instead, let's just change the goal from Championship pursuit to "60 or 50+ wins pursuit" and hang 50/60 win banners from the ATT ceiling!
https://www.yelp.com/biz/crumpets-restaurant-and-bakery-san-antonio

Poolboy5623
05-25-2017, 11:15 AM
I think many of the posters on here are going to have a hard time with the lack of offseason moves...

rjv
05-25-2017, 11:24 AM
Yea he does sound like standing pat. Satisfied with both Lma and Pay, and Manu destiny up to him. Other than that not much to see there. i really think i feel pretty good about the summer because unlike the past few seasons, you don't really get the feeling that the team has a problem with age. yes, manu and parker are old, of course but there replacements may already be on the roster. bigs are important but not vital and you have the likely next MVP of the league on your team. you also have a budding star in murray. i'd be fine with just developing what we have. if we get a shot at CP#, i guess it would be worth looking into but not at the expense of blowing up the current roster and potential chemistry.

sananspursfan21
05-25-2017, 11:35 AM
It's always fun and exciting to get a bunch of new players. The mystery of what they bring to the team is always intriguing. But aside from a miracle like a superstar being dangled in front of them, it's probably best.

2014 proved that team chemistry is undervalued. The sum of all those parts shouldn't have added up to be nearly as great as they were. When kids play 2k28 and see the '14 Spurs as a historic team on there and see all the low ratings and guys no one remembers, they're going to laugh or scratch their heads in confusion. Really, ball movement as a result of team chemistry was the most powerful force that team had. Kawhi was just figuring things out on the offensive end, Timmy was hitting his twilight, Ginobili acted senile, Parker was slowing down, Boris was/is fat, tell me what factor other than team chemistry and great defense did those guys really have? Yet they stood as the most impressive team I've seen in my 22 years of watching basketball.

While I don't believe the '17-18 Spurs will be like that, we can hope that ball movement and overall chemistry can improve if the FO makes a small move or two and keeps the team intact. We do need a PG though and it'd be kinda cool to see them bring in Lowry, Rose, or even a Calderon. But as a whole, I'm a proponent of keeping most of the team intact, even if it means another year of fadeaways in the paint :rolleyes

sananspursfan21
05-25-2017, 11:39 AM
Plus, Dejounte and Anderson aren't gonna get worse.

rjv
05-25-2017, 11:45 AM
It's always fun and exciting to get a bunch of new players. The mystery of what they bring to the team is always intriguing. But aside from a miracle like a superstar being dangled in front of them, it's probably best.

2014 proved that team chemistry is undervalued. The sum of all those parts shouldn't have added up to be nearly as great as they were. When kids play 2k28 and see the '14 Spurs as a historic team on there and see all the low ratings and guys no one remembers, they're going to laugh or scratch their heads in confusion. Really, ball movement as a result of team chemistry was the most powerful force that team had. Kawhi was just figuring things out on the offensive end, Timmy was hitting his twilight, Ginobili acted senile, Parker was slowing down, Boris was/is fat, tell me what factor other than team chemistry and great defense did those guys really have? Yet they stood as the most impressive team I've seen in my 22 years of watching basketball.

While I don't believe the '17-18 Spurs will be like that, we can hope that ball movement and overall chemistry can improve if the FO makes a small move or two and keeps the team intact. We do need a PG though and it'd be kinda cool to see them bring in Lowry, Rose, or even a Calderon. But as a whole, I'm a proponent of keeping most of the team intact, even if it means another year of fadeaways in the paint :rolleyes agreed- and i think. like that '14 team, the 2017/18 team will have a chip on its shoulder (especially leonard and parker-regardless of when he comes back during the season).

sananspursfan21
05-25-2017, 11:49 AM
agreed- and i think. like that '14 team, the 2017/49 team will have a chip on its shoulder (especially leonard and parker-regardless of when he comes back during the season).

That's another thing, Leonard will have fire in his eyes!! I'm actually really excited about next season. I think they'll be better than this season.

BSfromTX
05-25-2017, 12:27 PM
The '14 team had great passers. This team, outside of Manu and ka are average passers at best. That's the main reason we saw so much iso ball.

this team needs another Manu type player. Murray may not be it, but he WILL be better than Patty and be WAY cheaper, so we will have to just hope he has a steep learning curve

rjv
05-25-2017, 12:33 PM
The '14 team had great passers. This team, outside of Manu and ka are average passers at best. That's the main reason we saw so much iso ball.

this team needs another Manu type player. Murray may not be it, but he WILL be better than Patty and be WAY cheaper, so we will have to just hope he has a steep learning curve i think that the team has some passers on it but they have deficiencies. Gasol is a decent passer, Murray can slash and pass (but has no shot), Anderson (inconsistent, lacks athleticism), simmons (no consistent shot and tends to be a ball hog) and leonard and green. i also think bertans is a more than capable passer. the components are there, but some are raw and/or not without their liabilities.

Mnky
05-25-2017, 12:34 PM
The second best team in basketball lost to the best team in basketball. Without all the injuries, the spurs were looking like a legitimate threat to the warriors.

There really isn't much you can do when you're that close to the top, and injuries knock you out. I'm pretty sure the majority here feel the spurs would have beat the cavs in the finals. Luck just wasnt on the spurs side this year. They were still far and away one of the best teams in the end. Warriors are an all time great team personal wise. We were fortunate to have the greatest power forward ever, and then to pick up a player who will arguably be a top 5 for the next several years. Spurs have had it way better than pretty much every team in the nba that didnt have lebron tbh.

I appreciate the fact that Pop is educated enough to understand these concepts and doesn't make silly moves like 90 percent of the rest of the league.

I trust the spurs.
Go Spurs Go.

Thomas82
05-25-2017, 01:42 PM
I think many of the posters on here are going to have a hard time with the lack of offseason moves...

I was already expecting it. It's all about Summer 2018 for us.

phxspurfan
05-25-2017, 03:08 PM
Not like the Spurs have cap room to sign anyone to a max deal. The only way they get better vs the Dubs without staying put is to sign a max player (since the Dubs have 3 or 4 of those). And that ain't happening unless Manu and Tony retire

MultiTroll
05-25-2017, 04:17 PM
Not like the Spurs have cap room to sign anyone to a max deal. The only way they get better vs the Dubs without staying put is to sign a max player (since the Dubs have 3 or 4 of those). And that ain't happening unless Manu and Tony retire
If Porker was to stun us and retire, what would become of his remaining salary as regards Spurs, cap related?

MultiTroll
05-25-2017, 05:08 PM
Aldridge has only been in the NBA about 10 years. I think we should let Pop work with him about 6 more years to get passing out of double teams down. I wouldn't want to overburden him with film and on court practice though. I'm sure if anyone knows how to pace this, it's Pop.

DMC
05-25-2017, 05:10 PM
No kidding.
Instead, let's just change the goal from Championship pursuit to "60 or 50+ wins pursuit" and hang 50/60 win banners from the ATT ceiling!
https://www.yelp.com/biz/crumpets-restaurant-and-bakery-san-antonio

That has always been our pursuit, in fact it's everyone's pursuit and then you see what happens in the postseason. You can't win the finals in October.

DMC
05-25-2017, 05:11 PM
Aldridge has only been in the NBA about 10 years. I think we should let Pop work with him about 6 more years to get passing out of double teams down. I wouldn't want to overburden him with film and on court practice though. I'm sure if anyone knows how to pace this, it's Pop.

How long have you been on this forum and you still post like shit.

DMC
05-25-2017, 05:14 PM
If Porker was to stun us and retire, what would become of his remaining salary as regards Spurs, cap related?

Anyone has watched Tony over the last several years knows his ego is too big for him to just retire. He will rehab for 6 years before he retires.

SAGirl
05-25-2017, 05:35 PM

this team needs another Manu type player. Murray may not be it, but he WILL be better than Patty and be WAY cheaper, so we will have to just hope he has a steep learning curve
Not only passing but many guys don't play well off the ball. They have turned into ball dominant guys and don't cut or set good screens... The worst is Aldridge. What a bad example. He comes in and ball movement dies. He's really tough to like or support when he seems lazy and scared out there...
I would rather watch Anderson and Dijon play ... Bertans etc. I am all for young players development. Pop prefers fadeways in the paint than these guys... :bang

tonight...you
05-25-2017, 05:44 PM
Oh no... another near, or maybe 60+ wins season ahead of us fans. And maybe a Conference finals appearance and even maybe a Finals and a Win.

Let's all jump boat and become Magic fans. They have... something going for them.
No? Let become Sixers fans! they got a Pop disciple (which I know you love) and an upward trajectory! Let's go boys!

Fuck those guys!

MultiTroll
05-25-2017, 05:49 PM
How long have you been on this forum and you still post like shit.
We get it.
You want more Force Feed Aldridge orchestrated by Pop.

Insert in cavity and twist:

Not only passing but many guys don't play well off the ball. They have turned into ball dominant guys and don't cut or set good screens... The worst is Aldridge. What a bad example. He comes in and ball movement dies. He's really tough to like or support when he seems lazy and scared out there...
I would rather watch Anderson and Dijon play ... Bertans etc. I am all for young players development. Pop prefers fadeways in the paint than these guys... :bang

MultiTroll
05-25-2017, 05:52 PM
Oh no... another near, or maybe 60+ wins season ahead of us fans. And maybe a Conference finals appearance and even maybe a Finals and a Win.

Let's all jump boat and become Magic fans. They have... something going for them.
No? Let become Sixers fans! they got a Pop disciple (which I know you love) and an upward trajectory! Let's go boys!

Fuck those guys!
Right on man!
Magic and Sixers have the top 1 or 2 NBA player like Kawhi on their teams.
And a 21 million dollar free agent that we can expect to, well shoot soft jumpers.
Tea and crumpets all around! Lets Go!

tonight...you
05-25-2017, 07:43 PM
Right on man!
And a 21 million dollar free agent that we can expect to, well shoot soft jumpers.
Fuck yeah! Now we in this shit!
You my boy, boy.

phxspurfan
05-25-2017, 10:07 PM
Anyone has watched Tony over the last several years knows his ego is too big for him to just retire. He will rehab for 6 years before he retires.

That and he would want to do a farewell tour and not retire or be eligible for HOF at the same time as Manu, out of fear he'd be overshadowed

DMC
05-26-2017, 12:17 AM
Right on man!
Fabbs, you want the Spurs to be legit contenders but you don't know how they can get there. You just think you know they cannot get there how they are now. So instead of having a team that's on the cusp, you're ready to blow it up in hopes of what exactly? Were you around before Tim Duncan was drafted? You young fuckers who don't recall not having rings to discuss are spoiled as fuck. You are really just Lakers fans. In fact, go get you a Warriors jersey and shut the fuck up.

TheDoctor
05-27-2017, 09:12 AM
:lol DMC going Harambe in here.