PDA

View Full Version : All ankles are not created equally ...

Keepin' it real
05-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Wow, Kyrie's ankle twisted just as badly as Kawhi's. :wow

Kawhi was unable to finish games, while Kyrie keeps playing and goes on to break his playoff career high for points scored in a game.

Not a good look for our guy. Just sayin'. :depressed

Ice009
05-23-2017, 10:41 PM

Kawhi was unable to finish games, while Kyrie keeps playing and goes on to break his playoff career high for points scored in a game.

Really? Shit. That sucks. How much did Kyrie score?

That doesn't look good at all for the Spurs or Kawhi.

The question is, could Kawhi actually play and/or were the Spurs being too cautious with him?

TheDoctor
05-23-2017, 10:44 PM

https://i.vimeocdn.com/video/397872421_780x439.jpg

Hoops Czar
05-23-2017, 10:49 PM

Nah, just one coach who wants to win championships and another one that wanted to golf.

coachmac87
05-23-2017, 10:50 PM
Kawhi twisted his ankle 3 times in less then a week...

Spur|n|Austin
05-23-2017, 10:51 PM
:lol not similar at all

Play Boban
05-23-2017, 10:51 PM

Kyrie = Warrior. :cry

Hoops Czar
05-23-2017, 10:53 PM
:lol not similar at all
Not similar because one was intentional and the other was accidental. That's about it. If he were playing for Pop, he'd be out game 5. Don't want to rush those serious career threatening ankle injuries.

SuperCam
05-23-2017, 10:53 PM
Kyrie AT&T Center single game scoring record holder tbh

Leetonidas
05-23-2017, 10:54 PM
Kawhi sprained his ankle in game 5 against Houston and once before in game one before Zaza got him for a second time. Not even remotely similar

bic50
05-23-2017, 10:56 PM
Not a good look for Lebron or Aldridge.

Keepin' it real
05-23-2017, 10:56 PM
Really? Shit. That sucks. How much did Kyrie score?

That doesn't look good at all for the Spurs or Kawhi.

The question is, could Kawhi actually play and/or were the Spurs being too cautious with him?

42 points. And his post-game comments. Yikes. Said he had two choices: dwell in sorrow of hurting his ankle or capture the moment. He knew what was at stake and wasn't coming out. Knew magnitude of the moment...and had to be there for his teammates ...

Part of me wishes Kawhi would have toughed it out. Mad respect for Kyrie right now.

Keepin' it real
05-23-2017, 10:58 PM

True, but especially game 5 HOU. For him to not finish that game, and then two weeks later see a similar injury for Kyrie and to see him rise up.

Gotta say, I'm jealous.

Hoops Czar
05-23-2017, 11:01 PM
Kawhi sprained his ankle in game 5 against Houston and once before in game one before Zaza got him for a second time. Not even remotely similar
And he missed game 6 vs Houston.

TheDoctor
05-23-2017, 11:11 PM
http://www.fredhayes.com/photogallery/Karl%20Malone%20and%20Tim%20Duncan.jpg

daslicer
05-23-2017, 11:17 PM
Arggh we going to keep on getting retarded posts like these from the OP now that the spurs are out of the playoffs.

Keepin' it real
05-23-2017, 11:36 PM
Arggh we going to keep on getting retarded posts like these from the OP now that the spurs are out of the playoffs.

What is retarded? Kawhi twisted his ankle in game 5 and was unable to finish the game. Kyrie twisted his ankle and went on to have a career night.

Enlighten me.

rasuo214
05-24-2017, 12:46 AM
Wasn't up to Kawhi. Kawhi continued to play in game 5 until Pop pulled him and sat him out the rest of the game. Kawhi wanted to finish the game and play game 6 but Pop sat him.

GSH
05-24-2017, 12:49 AM
If I had a choice between stomping the shit out of Pachulia, and kicking you in the balls? You just took the lead, out of sheer stupidity. Your first sentence says that Kyrie twisted his ankle just as badly as Kawhi. You don't know that shit. You have no fucking way of knowing. All the rest of your stupidity is base on that one ignorant make-believe statement.

Fuck you and the whores you rode in on.

bic50
05-24-2017, 06:30 AM
Stupid thread

Ice009
05-24-2017, 07:56 AM
Well, who watched the Cavs game? How did the sprain look? He's not going to be hobbled against the Warriors is he? This is insane if another team isn't at full strength against them.

Anyway, I'd really love to know how bad Kawhi's last sprain was.

Tim Duncan played on two bad ankles during the 2005 playoff Championship run. He sprained one of his ankles badly against Detroit during a game towards the end of the regular season. He came down on someone's foot (might have been Rasheed). I saw a photo of his ankle (someone on Spursreport got ahold of a photo) and it looked really, really bad - to the point where I thought there is no way he can play on that, and if he did play on it, I thought it would severly limit him, but he still played in the playoffs and I was amazed he was able to play as well as he did in the first round. He then sprained the other one in game 6 against Seattle and still pushed through the rest of the playoffs leading the Spurs to the Championship.

I really want to know if Kawhi was being soft, or if it really was that bad. If it was Pop's decision and he let TD play, why the fuck would he not allow Kawhi to play?

Keepin' it real
05-24-2017, 08:22 AM
If I had a choice between stomping the shit out of Pachulia, and kicking you in the balls? You just took the lead, out of sheer stupidity. Your first sentence says that Kyrie twisted his ankle just as badly as Kawhi. You don't know that shit. You have no fucking way of knowing. All the rest of your stupidity is base on that one ignorant make-believe statement.

Fuck you and the whores you rode in on.

Overreact much? You're more sensitive than LMA ...

bic50
05-24-2017, 09:15 AM
Well, who watched the Cavs game? How did the sprain look? He's not going to be hobbled against the Warriors is he? This is insane if another team isn't at full strength against them.

Tim Duncan played on two bad ankles during the 2005 playoff Championship run. He sprained one of his ankles badly against Detroit during a game towards the end of the regular season. He came down on someone's foot (might have been Rasheed). I saw a photo of his ankle (someone on Spursreport got ahold of a photo) and it looked really, really bad - to the point where I thought there is no way he can play on that, and if he did play on it, I thought it would severly limit him, but he still played in the playoffs and I was amazed he was able to play as well as he did in the first round. He then sprained the other one in game 6 against Seattle and still pushed through the rest of the playoffs leading the Spurs to the Championship.

I really want to know if Kawhi was being soft, or if it really was that bad. If it was Pop's decision and he let TD play, why the fuck would he not allow Kawhi to play?
Im sure it had more to do with pop hen Kawhi.

polandprzem
05-24-2017, 09:22 AM

Every situation is different and hard to compare esp when we talking about totally different playing positions and movements.

I had multiple sprained ankles from 1 day pain to cast

HarlemHeat37
05-24-2017, 01:14 PM
:lol have any of you ever played basketball, tbh?

Not all ankle rolls are the same, not to mention each individual involved + the reccurency of the injury..

I've had dozens of ankle rolls that I could walk off, and I've also torn ligaments from rolling, too..

Hoops Czar
05-24-2017, 01:28 PM

Not all ankle rolls are the same, not to mention each individual involved + the reccurency of the injury..

I've had dozens of ankle rolls that I could walk off, and I've also torn ligaments from rolling, too..

If you tore a ligament, it would show up on an mri.

testies
05-24-2017, 01:57 PM
Not similar at all

Stepping on someones foot is different than falling from 3 feet withall your weight

Keepin' it real
05-24-2017, 02:45 PM
Not similar at all

Stepping on someones foot is different than falling from 3 feet withall your weight

To clarify, I was talking about Kawhi's injury in game 5 against Houston and his inability to play effectively afterward and ultimately sit out in OT. (I know his landing on thug Zsa Zsa was very different.)

Watching the replays, Kyrie's ankle twist looked comparable ... he was sprinting and about to jump, whereas Kawhi was nearly stationary and planting his foot to accelerate.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-24-2017, 03:14 PM
Even the same person can turn the same ankle and have two completely different responses to the injury. This is a very uninformed, lazy troll thread. But it did get a good response, so nice job. :tu

RD2191
05-24-2017, 03:16 PM
42 points. And his post-game comments. Yikes. Said he had two choices: dwell in sorrow of hurting his ankle or capture the moment. He knew what was at stake and wasn't coming out. Knew magnitude of the moment...and had to be there for his teammates ...

Part of me wishes Kawhi would have toughed it out. Mad respect for Kyrie right now.

Lol. Please stfu before I knock your stupid ass out.

bic50
05-24-2017, 03:25 PM
To clarify, I was talking about Kawhi's injury in game 5 against Houston and his inability to play effectively afterward and ultimately sit out in OT. (I know his landing on thug Zsa Zsa was very different.)

Watching the replays, Kyrie's ankle twist looked comparable ... he was sprinting and about to jump, whereas Kawhi was nearly stationary and planting his foot to accelerate.
Who cares? Spurs still won that game.

GSH
05-24-2017, 04:16 PM

I've been around ST a long time, so I'm used to reading retarded-level stupidity. But you seriously deserve your own reality TV series for that.

You little over-achiever, you.

spursmvp
05-24-2017, 04:21 PM

Kawhi is also heavier. Like people said, every ankle twist is different. You want to risk leaving Kawhi in there and have him require surgery?

GSH
05-24-2017, 04:26 PM
Kawhi is also heavier. Like people said, every ankle twist is different. You want to risk leaving Kawhi in there and have him require surgery?

I saw a very well-conditioned college athlete tear ligaments from stepping off a curb wrong. Grade 3 sprain, and the recovery was as bad or worse than a break. He could have slipped off that curb a hundred times the same way, and not done that kind of damage. It has nothing to do with toughness, sometimes it's just a matter of everything lining up right, and the amount of weight that hits at one split-second in time.

Ice009
05-24-2017, 11:28 PM

Well, it's a hard topic to discuss because I've walked off every ankle roll/tweak I've had and kept playing straight after. I'm also not very heavy, so that may be another reason I was able to walk all of the ones I've had off.

DMC
05-25-2017, 10:14 AM
Not the same. KL initial injury came from a situation where he was in the air and came down on it. Kyrie just twisted it during a step. That means everything.

Keepin' it real
05-25-2017, 11:42 AM

Did Kyrie require surgery for staying in the game? Or did he inch closer to legend status? (Especially if they go on to repeat)

Keepin' it real
05-25-2017, 11:47 AM
I saw a very well-conditioned college athlete tear ligaments from stepping off a curb wrong. Grade 3 sprain, and the recovery was as bad or worse than a break. He could have slipped off that curb a hundred times the same way, and not done that kind of damage. It has nothing to do with toughness, sometimes it's just a matter of everything lining up right, and the amount of weight that hits at one split-second in time.

No doubt. My only point was that it was bad optics for Leonard to be unable to finish game 5 due to a twisted ankle, while Kyrie went "war daddy" (as Jerry Jones would say) and finished with a career high on twisted ankle. It just looks bad.

A lot of sensitive people apparently took my post as an insult to them personally. That's on them.

Keepin' it real
05-25-2017, 11:52 AM
I've been around ST a long time, so I'm used to reading retarded-level stupidity. But you seriously deserve your own reality TV series for that.

You must not be reading my words then. Either way:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/06/idgas.gif

bic50
05-25-2017, 12:31 PM
No doubt. My only point was that it was bad optics for Leonard to be unable to finish game 5 due to a twisted ankle, while Kyrie went "war daddy" (as Jerry Jones would say) and finished with a career high on twisted ankle. It just looks bad.

A lot of sensitive people apparently took my post as an insult to them personally. That's on them.
Who cares? Spurs still won game 5

Prose
05-25-2017, 07:25 PM

OP must have never played ball....kawahi did AMAZING on his twisted ankle in his first game back vs GS...just like kyrie did after the ankle twist. Now the difference was he re aggravated it 2 more times!!!! dumbass post

Southwest Texas Fan
05-25-2017, 08:43 PM

Thanks for keeping it real.