PDA

View Full Version : Spurs interested in Derrick Rose?

SpursBig3s
05-24-2017, 01:33 PM
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2017/5/24/15686106/spurs-reportedly-interested-in-derrick-rose

Oh god :lol

05-24-2017, 01:35 PM
As a sixth man, i don't hate it

Mister Sinister
05-24-2017, 01:36 PM
For the minimum, we could do worse. Still think the value of the name is higher than the value of the player themselves.

Hoops Czar
05-24-2017, 01:40 PM
For the minimum, we could do worse. Still think the value of the name is higher than the value of the player themselves.

He said he prioritized winning. He didn't say he'd play for free. :lol

Mnky
05-24-2017, 01:41 PM
He would instantly be the best guard and attacking player on the team tbh. For all 20 games he plays.

I'd take a flyer on him for cheap.
Murray needs time to develop. Having a bunch of shooters who can't dribble makes it pretty easy to defend this team.

cd98
05-24-2017, 01:42 PM
If so, it would be a one year deal and it would be to bridge the gap between Tony and Murray. Murray isn't ready to start in the NBA.

dabom
05-24-2017, 01:52 PM
:shootme

dabom
05-24-2017, 01:53 PM
This stupid motherfucker thought they were talking about the knicks when talking about superteams. :lmao

testies
05-24-2017, 01:54 PM
Id tale Melo tbh

Mister Sinister
05-24-2017, 02:25 PM
He said he prioritized winning. He didn't say he'd play for free. :lol

:lol Well, yeah, last I checked the minimum was higher than zero. Plus you gotta understand, my hesitancy also comes from having lived in the Chicago area his entire time with the Bulls.

Ron Swanson
05-24-2017, 02:34 PM
:shootme

Russ
05-24-2017, 02:36 PM
"NBA Jump" on ESPN says the Timberwolves are eying Derrick Rose as well.

CGD
05-24-2017, 02:37 PM
If so, it would be a one year deal and it would be to bridge the gap between Tony and Murray. Murray isn't ready to start in the NBA.

If this, yes. Rose probably only wants a one year deal to rehab reputation too

sananspursfan21
05-24-2017, 03:11 PM
In Patty Mills spot would be awesome. Even with a horrible knee, he offers far more versatility.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-24-2017, 03:16 PM
He would instantly be the best guard and attacking player on the team tbh. For all 20 games he plays.

That's the tough part. He'd be hard to rely on, but he's still a very good player when healthy.

raybies
05-24-2017, 03:35 PM
He wants to win... how many top teams need a point guard. I think he's looking at us as a possibility. It only makes sense. I doubt he's ready to play off the bench. But seriously a one mid level deal with a player option might be cheaper than Patty and you keep flexibility for next year. Pattys gonna want years and security. Derrick Rose on minutes restriction, like 26-28 and Murray playing the rest would be great for both. He can still get to the rim at an elite level. Might be a good partner for Lamarcus in the pick and roll cause he'll get to the rim before he passes lol. But he's great in transition too. I'm scared as anyone about injuries but on a one year deal it's low risk, high reward scenario cause your looking at starting Murray anyways tbh. I mean he's still only 28. Every now and then you get an injury riddled player finally overcome it. Anyone remember when the Spurs wanted Oden. I'd be very surprised if the Spurs didn't consider him. Like I said on a one year make good deal at the mid level everyone wins.

hater
05-24-2017, 03:38 PM
Hes way better than evita. Id do it if it means Manure is gone

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-24-2017, 03:40 PM
Put him in a glass jar, break with about a week left in regular season, and hope he makes it through the playoffs?

raybies
05-24-2017, 03:42 PM
Put him in a glass jar, break with about a week left in regular season, and hope he makes it through the playoffs?
That or pay Patty the same price over more years and hope he does better with Klay or Beverly on him.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-24-2017, 03:43 PM
The only red flags I have about him are his off-court stuff. I love the idea of him taking a cheap contract to try and up his value for a year, but at the cost of revisiting stuff in his past like the sexual harassment lawsuit, randomly not showing up for a Knicks game, and being delusional to the point of thinking the Knicks were a super team, it may not be worth it.

peacemaker885
05-24-2017, 03:47 PM
If he has the balls to stand up and make decisions without his family, then maybe....

Joseph Kony
05-24-2017, 03:50 PM
lol at anyone thinking Spurs are looking at the gangbanger :lol this is just his agent likely floating out rumors to drive his price up like we often see when people are linked to the spurs

apalisoc_9
05-24-2017, 03:52 PM
lol at anyone thinking Spurs are looking at the gangbanger :lol this is just his agent likely floating out rumors to drive his price up like we often see when people are linked to the spurs

I remember Omer caspi was linked to the spurs and now he's a free agent for 6 months and PATFO won't even say HI.

:lol

TD 21
05-24-2017, 04:04 PM
I don't buy it for a second (not Spurs material in every sense) and if you actually read it, it's really just speculation from some opposing teams. Given their need and stature, Spurs are going to be linked to a lot of prominent point guards over the next 5-6 weeks.

I'd have no interest, at any cost. He's an incredibly low IQ player, who no longer has enough raw physical talent to supersede that.

SpursforSix
05-24-2017, 04:07 PM
The only red flags I have about him are his off-court stuff. I love the idea of him taking a cheap contract to try and up his value for a year, but at the cost of revisiting stuff in his past like the sexual harassment lawsuit, randomly not showing up for a Knicks game, and being delusional to the point of thinking the Knicks were a super team, it may not be worth it.

IDK. I think Kyle is smart enough to not get drunk around Rose.

elemento
05-24-2017, 04:51 PM
lol

Rose does not give a shit about basketball anymore. He wants a max contract and any team doing it will regret in a really short time.

He completely lost his fire after the knee injury.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-24-2017, 04:59 PM
isn't this guy completely broken health-wise?

MultiTroll
05-24-2017, 05:12 PM
This.
While he fits the other CIA Pop qualifications, that being way past his prime etc....
Popped is too much of a puss to give Dedman run, let along gangbanga Rose.

r0drig0lac
05-24-2017, 05:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydkIZSG2Fow

LakerHater
05-24-2017, 05:38 PM
Makes sense cuz by the time he gets hurt AGAIN, Parker will b ready to come back!

illusioNtEk
05-24-2017, 05:49 PM
We can 7se him as a scapegoat if things don't work out... if say for for it

tmtcsc
05-24-2017, 05:53 PM
Derrick Rose probably thinks he's worth Max. Pass.

ducks
05-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Derrick Rose probably thinks he's worth Max. Pass.

we can not max him

BillMc
05-24-2017, 05:59 PM
Derrick Rose probably thinks he's worth Max.

Yeah. Pepsi Max. Without ice. In a dirty glass.

Dex
05-24-2017, 06:07 PM
Day 2 of the offseason. Ugh. :pctoss

LakerHater
05-24-2017, 06:16 PM
On the brightside, his agent said it wasnt abt the money to Rose & that he jus wants to win!

BillMc
05-24-2017, 06:22 PM
Day 2 of the offseason. Ugh. :pctoss

Yeah. :depressed

ElNono
05-24-2017, 06:23 PM
He'll probably be back before Parker, tbh

TheRemix
05-24-2017, 07:13 PM
Well tim and rose were in a foot locker commercial together..

OrEmuN
05-24-2017, 08:30 PM
For the min, why not?
Anything more,pass

Uriel
05-24-2017, 09:00 PM
I don't buy it for a second (not Spurs material in every sense) and if you actually read it, it's really just speculation from some opposing teams. Given their need and stature, Spurs are going to be linked to a lot of prominent point guards over the next 5-6 weeks.

I'd have no interest, at any cost. He's an incredibly low IQ player, who no longer has enough raw physical talent to supersede that.
He has a low IQ in real life too. He failed the ACT multiple times.

Down Under
05-24-2017, 10:18 PM
Rose's defense is in Isaiah Thomas territory and his offense is nowhere near good enough to offset that and make him even an average player.

raybies
05-24-2017, 11:12 PM
He has a low IQ in real life too. He failed the ACT multiple times.
Had no idea... that's a major red flag. Forget it i'm over him. Lets just sign everyone back except Dedmon. Add Hanga and Milutinov and stash the First and Second and call it a day.

Mnky
05-25-2017, 08:20 AM
That's the tough part. He'd be hard to rely on, but he's still a very good player when healthy.

With The spurs though, he would likely have his healthiest year. Pop would givr him the easiest regular season hes ever had. Worth a roll of the dice for the right price. He would definitely help kawhis offensive load. Defensively he was lackluster last year, but only winning a few games might do that to a player who is a former mvp.

Phenomanul
05-25-2017, 08:24 AM
yeah... he wouldn't be smart enough to understand Pop's complex playbook...

TheDoctor
05-25-2017, 08:37 AM
yeah... he wouldn't be smart enough to understand Pop's complex playbook...
No shit. DRose would injure his brain while trying to figure up the system tbh.

DMC
05-25-2017, 10:18 AM
Naw that would be great if he could stay healthy and stay awake. He looks like he just woke up every time you see him. He and Pau would be great together.

tbdog
05-25-2017, 10:48 AM
Rose is a former MVP and has had two realivly healthy seasons. He shot at 48% for 20ppg but terrible from 3 at 20% at one attempt per game. He is what we really need, someone who can get into the paint and score. Take a look at Jrue Holiday, He scored less, shot worse except a lot lot better from down town, has missed a lot of games also, and has played 20 less playoff games. If they both wanted the same amount of money, I would take Rose.

Joseph Kony
05-25-2017, 10:51 AM
Rose is dumb as a rock and has a very low bbiq...dude has no idea how to play in a system, he is absolute trash on defense, he would flounder here and ST would turn on him quick. lol at anyone thinking Rose would be a good pickup

-21-
05-25-2017, 11:11 AM
^I agree with Kony.

DaBears
05-25-2017, 11:34 AM

He would only really be needed to bridge the gap between preseason and point to which TP comes back.. Not a bad option as far as scoring point guards, Spurs could do worse.

Ice009
05-25-2017, 11:46 AM
He would only really be needed to bridge the gap between preseason and point to which TP comes back.. Not a bad option as far as scoring point guards, Spurs could do worse.

We need someone that can continue to start even after Parker comes back.

DaBears
05-25-2017, 11:50 AM
We need someone that can continue to start even after Parker comes back.

I am on the Rose bandwagon, I think he has proven to make it at through 1 season healthy. Pop would do him right ( by resting )... I would pick Rose over TP, that would be a nice tandem. At this point in there careers anyways.

BatManu20
05-25-2017, 11:50 AM
Pass. Give me Avery Bradley in 2018 tbh.

MVPCues
05-25-2017, 12:31 PM
No.

Mnky
05-25-2017, 12:36 PM
On the brightside, his agent said it wasnt abt the money to Rose & that he jus wants to win!

If the spurs do get a chance to sign him cheap, they can thank Phil Jackson for being such a horrible GM, and giving Rose one of the worse seasons of his life. I'm sure this season was pretty humbling to him.

tbdog
05-25-2017, 01:54 PM
For the right price, I am for it. Rose will address a very big issue we have all noticed all season. Just looking at Dennis Schroder, he got 15mil a season. If Spurs get Rose for less than that on a 2 year contract, you need to take that. And the same goes to Holiday or Hill, but both look like they getting more.

Truth4sale$
05-26-2017, 10:24 AM
No, no, no. He quit on the Knicks. He is selfish, me first attitude. A shell of his former self. Purely a reclamation project at best with a 1 yr deal. He won't like the fact, Djounte Murray will outshine him by mid year.

cascaders
05-26-2017, 11:16 AM
1st choice:Teague
2nd:Rose(yea idk, id love to see him as a spur. It would be really fun.)

BatManu20
05-26-2017, 11:54 AM
I don't think people on this board realize:

A) how selfish D-Rose is as a player, and

B) how bad D-Rose is defensively.. He's awful.

lefty
05-26-2017, 02:22 PM
Better PG than Porker...

raybies
05-26-2017, 03:41 PM
I don't think people on this board realize:

A) how selfish D-Rose is as a player, and

B) how bad D-Rose is defensively.. He's awful.
tbh I'm over getting D. Rose already but to be a contrarian as I'm realizing I like to be, Don't you want a selfish D. Rose next to Leonard? Cause ideally we need a second option ahead of Aldridge and also, don't you think Pop and the culture would have a positive influence on him as far as moving the ball and picking his spots. Look at JR Smith who has similar attitude and mentality. I mean last year he played with the Knicks and to be fair they are a really bad team. It was like rehab for him. There wasn't much to play for, but I think he proved he could still score. If he didn't do anything he'd be scrutinized and he got his and gets scrutinized. Kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Defensively, Parker and Mills are really bad too. From what I saw of D. Rose had to do a lot about effort that was frustrating. He's still not a good defender with effort but as long as he shows effort that's fine. I think with Leonard and Green and maybe a defensive big he'd be fine with us if anyone. I'm not worried about defense actually. Pop's not gonna allow lack of effort tbh. He don't care who it is. We've seen him grill anyone on the team.

Just think if Patty does get insane numbers and D. Rose will take the mid level you consider it especially if he's ready to do what it takes to get back to being relevant. I'm most worried about his health. There's a lot of positives in this, for example you could keep a bulk of the team. Not gutting the team would be ideal and I'm sure PATFO feels the same way.

Another hard sell for the Spurs is convincing Paul to come when there's uncertainty with Aldridge's next contract. It would kind of give Aldridge the leverage for a bigger deal... This I'm concerned about.

SpursFan86
05-26-2017, 04:07 PM

No, he's really not. He's played 60+ games in each of the past 2 years...obviously that's not amazing health, but that's not the only thing that makes him un-appealing :lol He's nowhere near the player he used to be. He hasn't even been a net positive when he's on the court.

I mean, sure, if we could get him for the minimum I guess I'd take a flyer on him (this has more to do with our lack of guards than D-Rose being a great player)...but anything much more than that and I'm out tbh.

raybies
05-26-2017, 04:47 PM
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/05/25/pbt-extra-why-derrick-rose-more-likely-to-be-spur-than-chris-paul-next-season/

Truth4sale$
05-26-2017, 10:18 PM
I believe this rumor is agent driven to increase his price, i cant see him getting more than 5 million a year, but to me, he is more like the veteran minimum. He is a backup at best. Pass.

Chews
05-26-2017, 10:48 PM
Someone who could penetrate off the catch? Hell yea I'd love that! I'm tired of the ball being passed out to our guards and then them just standing there.

therealtruth
05-27-2017, 04:07 PM
If Rose could regain his 2012 MVP form it would be worth it.

tholdren
05-27-2017, 04:09 PM
Rose is not spur material. Low iq bb player like lamarsha and pau

cd98
05-27-2017, 04:25 PM
Rose would not be an all star with the Spurs. He would be a place holder for Murray. It's not a bad deal for both sides if the Spurs decide not to chase the big dollar point guards this offseason.