PDA

View Full Version : New Poll: Would you wear a band's shirt that you are seeing in concert?

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 03:07 PM
I would never do this. I just want the spurstalk public's opinion on the matter.

TheTruth
10-14-2005, 03:09 PM
I took my sis' to a Dixie Chicks concert a few years ago, and bought her a shirt before the concert started. I asked her why she wasn't going to put it on, and she said only losers wear the shirts DURING the concert.

SpursFanDan
10-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Never, unless you're a noob.

JoeChalupa
10-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Back in the day when I could afford concerts I'd always buy a T-shirt but I didn't wear it until the next day at school so I could get the smell of refer off of it.

But lots of people would wear them, mostly so they wouldn't have to carry them around.

midgetonadonkey
10-14-2005, 03:37 PM
I always wore the band's shirt to their show. It's the same as wearing a Spurs shirt to a game.

CharlieMac
10-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Sure. But not another bands shirt.

SpursFanDan
10-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Wheres manny?... I'd like to hear his opinion on this.

Its not the same as going to a spurs game with a spurs t on.

ALVAREZ6
10-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Who gives a fuck what you wear?

I mean I know it's considered "cool" to NOT wear the band's shirt that you are seeing, but honostly, who gives a fuck.

JoeChalupa
10-14-2005, 03:46 PM
But I have worn old concert shirts of the band to a concert. I still have concert shirts from the 70's and 80's.

Medvedenko
10-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Have you seen the movie PCU...they discuss this issue...oh and no, you don't wear the band shirt to the concert on the shirt.

ObiwanGinobili
10-14-2005, 03:49 PM
absolutely not.
it's the principle of the thing.

but i will wear another bands shirt to a concert.
especially a band whose music has nothing to do with the band I am seeing. EX: I once wore an ac/dc shirt to a Santana concert.

MiNuS
10-14-2005, 03:53 PM
I'd rather wear a shirt with Security on front and back of the shirt.

SpursFanDan
10-14-2005, 03:57 PM
I once wore a "I banged Britney" to a nsync concert..... not really, but that would be fun.

I agree with you obi about wearing another bands shirt to a concert.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 03:58 PM

I mean I know it's considered "cool" to NOT wear the band's shirt that you are seeing, but honostly, who gives a fuck.

It's just a simple question deserving a simple answer. If you don't care then buzz off, young alvarez.

Have you seen the movie PCU...they discuss this issue...oh and no, you don't wear the band shirt to the concert on the shirt.

:lol that movie fuckin rules

that's like the first time i heard fo that concept, back in jr high.

---

It seems we have 2 polarized modes of thought here.

See, I always thought it was nerdy to wear the shirt of the band you're seeing, but it's cool to wear a semi-related band's shirt. For example, if you were seeing Damage Plan and wore a Pantera shirt.

I think wearing a non-related shirt would be cool too, as long as you really liked that band and they werent commercial.

JoeChalupa
10-14-2005, 04:01 PM
I say if you paid for it then wear it and who cares what anyone else thinks.

Party on!!

tlongII
10-14-2005, 04:03 PM
I didn't know it was a fashion faux paux?

Gatita
10-14-2005, 04:03 PM
I say if you paid for it then wear it and who cares what anyone else thinks.

Party on!!

:tu Especially when your paying $35+ for the damn thing!

midgetonadonkey
10-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Wheres manny?... I'd like to hear his opinion on this.

Its not the same as going to a spurs game with a spurs t on.

How is it different?

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Man, you guys are killing me!!

ObiwanGinobili
10-14-2005, 04:25 PM
when it comes to spurs games I'm into head-to-toe spurs gear... not "super-fan" style.. but you know what I mean.

no way in hell you could ever where another teams jersey to a spurs game as a spurs fan. thats a cardinal sin.

FromWayDowntown
10-14-2005, 04:26 PM
No wonder I always seem to get wierd looks at concerts. I thought it was because I brought my big ass binoculars and wore them around my neck, but I guess I was wrong.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 04:26 PM
8 to 10??? omg u guys really are killing me...

ALVAREZ6
10-14-2005, 04:27 PM
It's just a simple question deserving a simple answer. If you don't care then buzz off, young alvarez.

I know it's a simple question, but I did express my opinion. I say, who gives a fuck about the whole "don't wear the band's shirt" idea, because basically, you're doing that just because of the fact that people considered "gay" or "not cool."

What I'm trying to say is, fuck what other people think of you.

And 2nd, what the fuck does me being 16 have anything to do with this topic? What does me being 16 have anything to do with anything? You've never said something about me that doesn't mention the fact that I'm young. It's all you think about.

Gatita
10-14-2005, 04:28 PM
No wonder I always seem to get wierd looks at concerts. I thought it was because I brought my big ass binoculars and wore them around my neck, but I guess I was wrong.

Psst! Maybe its because you have big ass binoculars around your neck. :spin

ObiwanGinobili
10-14-2005, 04:28 PM
oh.. ad nat concerts I never buy the $35 dollar shirt at the t-shirt stand during the show.. i wait till afterwards and get the same one from Paco in the parking lot for $5.

even if it only comes in a XXL...... i saved $30 right????

:lmao

Gatita
10-14-2005, 04:30 PM
I know it's a simple question, but I did express my opinion. I say, who gives a fuck about the whole "don't wear the band's shirt" idea, because basically, you're doing that just because of the fact that people considered "gay" or "not cool."

And 2nd, what the fuck does me being 16 have anything to do with this topic? What does me being 16 have anything to do with anything? You've never said something about me that doesn't mention the fact that I'm young. It's all you think about.

The truth is....he likes his boys young. :lol

Just fucking with you CBF!

ALVAREZ6
10-14-2005, 04:30 PM

Unless you're like CBF and you're into tall tees, it's still a rip off.

Gatita
10-14-2005, 04:31 PM
oh.. ad nat concerts I never buy the $35 dollar shirt at the t-shirt stand during the show.. i wait till afterwards and get the same one from Paco in the parking lot for $5.

Too bad the lettering doesn't hold up as well, after one wash.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 04:31 PM

But I do care what people think about me, or else I'd never shower, never change my clothes, never smile, never make eye contact, never shake someone's hand, never say thank you, never say youre welcome, never show anyone respect, etc etc.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if someone I knew went to a concert wearing a shirt, but it would be fun to rank on them.

My girlfriend and I are going to NIN on Sunday, and she said she bought a NIN shirt. I laughed at her, and told her it's an unspoken rule that you can't wear that. She never heard of it. I wanted to make this poll to see what the general consensus is.

ALVAREZ6
10-14-2005, 04:34 PM
But I do care what people think about me, or else I'd never shower, never change my clothes, never smile, never make eye contact, never shake someone's hand, never say thank you, never say youre welcome, never show anyone respect, etc etc.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if someone I knew went to a concert wearing a shirt, but it would be fun to rank on them.

My girlfriend and I are going to NIN on Sunday, and she said she bought a NIN shirt. I laughed at her, and told her it's an unspoken rule that you can't wear that. She never heard of it. I wanted to make this poll to see what the general consensus is.
Yeah I understand that, but if someone denies you or made fun of you just because of the fact that you wore the band's shirt to the concert, do you really wanna be part of their trend?

Gatita

Maybe that was the reason she never heard of it. :shootme

BTW, stop making shit up. :lol

ObiwanGinobili
please don;t let her wear a NIN shirt to a NIN concert.
please stop her. you can't allow that to happen.

don;t you have a good worn out Alice In Chains shirt she can borrow??

Opinionater
10-14-2005, 04:35 PM
IMHO, wear it and don't worry about other's opinions.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah I understand that, but if someone denies you or made fun of you just because of the fact that you wore the band's shirt to the concert, do you really wanna be part of their trend?

Its not a trend and I dont think someone you don't know will come up to you and make fun of you. It's not all out like that.

Basically I don't want to look like a chode at a concert.

BTW, stop making shit up. :spin
She's not from America, that's why she hasn't heard about stuff like this.

please don;t let her wear a NIN shirt to a NIN concert.
please stop her. you can't allow that to happen.

don;t you have a good worn out Alice In Chains shirt she can borrow??

Don't worry, she wont wear it now. No, don't got any Alice in Chains shirts. I told her just to wear a plain black shirt. That'll be hott

ALVAREZ6
10-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Its not a trend and I dont think someone you don't know will come up to you and make fun of you. It's not all out like that.

Basically I don't want to look like a chode at a concert.

There you go. Problem solved.

Will you ever see the mother fucker again? Probably not.

thispego
10-14-2005, 04:43 PM
i once wore a lil'flip shirt to a lil'flip concert.... i was subsequently assualted in the parking lot

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 04:44 PM
http://tinypic.com/eiqdyw.jpg

ALVAREZ6
10-14-2005, 04:44 PM
i once wore a lil'flip shirt to a lil'flip concert.... i was subsequently assualted in the parking lot
That's why you don't go to a lil' flip concert in the first place.

thispego
10-14-2005, 04:45 PM
but i feel black... on the inside.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Lil'flip, the Freestyle King. Alvarez, I've heard that south-side rap is very popular up north these days.

Man this poll is killin me.

ZStomp
10-14-2005, 04:50 PM

What he said.

It's a good thing I don't care what people say.

ZStomp
10-14-2005, 04:50 PM
I always wore the band's shirt to their show. It's the same as wearing a Spurs shirt to a game.

Exactly!

midgetonadonkey
10-14-2005, 04:53 PM

What the hell is a lil'flip?

ALVAREZ6
A terrible rapper.

ZStomp

What is Lil'Flip?

Was he just made up?

Dr.Phil
10-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Image seems to be a big factor for today's youth and that may be more important to some than just being themselves.
If not being a "chode" is more important than being yourself then one's self esteem may be suffering.

thispego

Lil'flip, the Freestyle King. Alvarez, I've heard that south-side rap is very popular up north these days.

Man this poll is killin me.
h-town rapper extraordinaire

ALVAREZ6
Image seems to be a big factor for today's youth and that may be more important to some than just being themselves.
If not being a "chode" is more important than being yourself then one's self esteem may be suffering.
Exactly.

lil'mo
10-14-2005, 04:55 PM
somebody say my name?

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Alvarez do you listen to Eminem or what?

Lil Flip, Paul Wall, MikeJones, Chamillionare, and some others i dont know the names of are dominating the rap scene right now

ALVAREZ6
And speaking of rappers, how come every rapper has the same name? They are supposed to be know for their creativity of their rhymes... but how creative are they if they all are "lil" or "young"???

lil flip
lil bow wow
lil romeo
lil kim
lil wayne
lil fucking anyone

young gun
young bloodz
young jeezy

I'm sick of that shit.

Shelly
We will be at NIN also, CBF.

ALVAREZ6
10-14-2005, 04:57 PM

I don't listen to rap at all.

Cant_Be_Faded
A Simple Plan?

lil'mo
lil mo spits hot fire

midgetonadonkey
10-14-2005, 04:58 PM
And speaking of rappers, how come every rapper has the same name? They are supposed to be know for their creativity of their rhymes... but how creative are they if they all are "lil" or "young"???

lil flip
lil bow wow
lil romeo
lil kim
lil wayne
lil fucking anyone

young gun
young bloodz
young jeezy

I'm sick of that shit.

Did you really think rappers are creative enough to come up with different names?

ALVAREZ6
10-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Did you really think rappers are creative enough to come up with different names?
No. I don't think they are creative at all.

That's why I hate the whole hip-hop music industry. They get paid for stupid shit, for being known. All the rhymes are the same. The same.

Rappers are the male version of Paris Hilton- being famous for being famous.

ZStomp
10-14-2005, 04:59 PM

Lil Flip, Paul Wall, MikeJones, Chamillionare, and some others i dont know the names of are dominating the rap scene right now

Holy crap..i have never ever heard of any of these names before...and thats a good thing!

ididnotnothat
10-14-2005, 05:00 PM
No.

Concert-T Shirt fashion tips (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05264/574918.stm)

What occasions are best for wearing concert T-shirts?

Unless you're 18 or under, buying a concert T and immediately putting it on for that same event is declasse. If you changed shirts right there in public view, shame on you. If you went into a restroom stall to change, there's probably nothing you wouldn't do. If you pulled the shirt on over what you were already wearing, then you probably needed to be smacked up and down the concert hall until you got some fashion sense.

The shirt should be laundered before you wear it to rinse out some of the dyes and chemicals used by garment manufacturers.

Aside from a concert reunion party, the only place I recommend wearing a concert T is when working or lounging around the house.

Whether concert Ts are faded or tie-dyed, they need to complement everything else the wearer has on. They're casual, so denim or shorts are always a good match. And personalize the thing, for Pete's sake. Roll up the sleeves, rip them off or tear a notch in the neckline. It's a shirt, not a baptismal robe.

And don't even think about wearing one artist's shirt to another's concert. You will look confused, lost and pathetic.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 05:00 PM
We will be at NIN also, CBF.

Where are your seats? We got seats in a section directly across from the stage, up where the ~15 dollar spurs tickets are

Are you taking the whole family?

ZStomp
10-14-2005, 05:01 PM
I hate RAP

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 05:02 PM
No. I don't think they are creative at all.

That's why I hate the whole hip-hop music industry. They get paid for stupid shit, for being known. All the rhymes are the same. The same.

Rappers are the male version of Paris Hilton- being famous for being famous.

You've just been listening to the radio too much. Most of rap does suck a fat one, and the new southside shit is commercial, but the artists that are hot right now, their older stuff is ridiculous.

Master P "Ice Cream Man" or Cypress Hill "Temples of Boom" are off the wall....just to name a couple bad ass albums.
They're nothing like the shit you're thinking of.

Shelly
10-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Where are your seats? We got seats in a section directly across from the stage, up where the ~15 dollar spurs tickets are

Are you taking the whole family?

We are like two rows from the side of the stage, so lower level for sure. My husband joined some fan club (pay) and you got first dibs on pre-sale, plus we get to go in a private entrance.

No, he and I are going.

midgetonadonkey
10-14-2005, 05:04 PM
Who is opening up? I'm debating whether or not to get tickets

lil'mo
10-14-2005, 05:05 PM
damn, can i go with yall shelly?

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 05:05 PM
We are like two rows from the side of the stage, so lower level for sure. My husband joined some fan club (pay) and you got first dibs on pre-sale, plus we get to go in a private entrance.

No, he and I are going.

Yeah I was going to join that until I realized you had to pay.
Good deal though....I hope the concert is still bad ass for hte seats we got. They were still ~45 fuckin dollars.

Midget: Queens of the Stone Age are opening, and some other band I never heard of

ALVAREZ6
10-14-2005, 05:13 PM
You've just been listening to the radio too much.
That's why I try to avoid listening to the radio. I can't take it anymore.

angel_luv
10-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Why is it bad to wear a band's t-shirt to their concert? I must not get out enough because I have never heard this.

I am not saying I would comply with the rule, whatever it is. I am just curious.

ALVAREZ6
10-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Why is it bad to wear a band's t-shirt to their concert? I must not get out enough because I have never heard this.

I am not saying I would comply with the rule, whatever it is. I am just curious.
Because one stupid person decided that it isn't cool, and as usual, society has all obeyed just for the fact that "it isn't cool."

ZStomp
10-14-2005, 05:16 PM

If I didn't know any better..I would have thought you were 15ish..:)

You need to get out more girl!!

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Never, unless you're a noob.

I overlooked this on the first go-around

This is probably the strongest argument why the 'rule' started. For some reason people that wear the band's shirt look like posers.

ALVAREZ6
10-14-2005, 05:38 PM
CBF, you're just a pussy that doesn't have the balls to wear the shirt that you really wanna wear. That's the bottom line.

Otherwise, you wouldn't have bothered asking the whole forum.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 05:40 PM
CBF, you're just a pussy that doesn't have the balls to wear the shirt that you really wanna wear. That's the bottom line.

But I don't really want to wear it. I never said I did. I don't want to wear the shirt of the band I'm seeing, cuz it will make me look like a chode.

Plus I don't even own a NIN shirt.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 05:40 PM
nickbroken is in the house, lets see what he thinks

ALVAREZ6
10-14-2005, 05:41 PM
But I don't really want to wear it. I never said I did. I don't want to wear the shirt of the band I'm seeing, cuz it will make me look like a chode.

Plus I don't even own a NIN shirt.
You're only saying that here, but I bet you own one.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 05:42 PM
You're only saying that here, but I bet you own one.

Well I don't. I don't have many band shirts at all. Just an ugly smashing pumpkins shirt, a couple Blind Guardian shirts, and a couple Lagwagon shirts.

I do want one though. I want the old school downward spiral shirt, or one of the fragile shirts.

angel_luv
10-14-2005, 05:45 PM
If I didn't know any better..I would have thought you were 15ish..:)

You need to get out more girl!!

That's about right considering everyone thinks I look 17. = ) Forever young!

nickbroken
10-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Wearing the bands T shirt you go to see in concert is like wearing a name tag to your birthday party.

Shelly
10-14-2005, 05:49 PM
That's about right considering everyone thinks I look 17. = ) Forever young!

Work it, girl!

nickbroken
10-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Anyone who wears a bands T shirt to the concert needs to be smacked, any real fan gives them the stink eye!.

angel_luv
10-14-2005, 05:52 PM
= ) I'm trying but I have yet to convince Rasho that he wants a child bride. :lol

I love your avitar, btw!

Shelly
10-14-2005, 05:52 PM
= ) I'm trying but I have yet to convince Rasho that he wants a child bride. :lol

I love your avitar, btw!

:lol

Thanks!

nickbroken
10-14-2005, 05:55 PM
I hate my avatar.

jman3000
10-14-2005, 05:56 PM
During a Queens of the Stone Age concert in Austin it was very cold outisde and I bought a queens shirt and wore it over my other shirt... no big deal.

mookie2001
10-14-2005, 05:59 PM
its not that lame
I wouldnt
because I try not to be commercial

oh and cbfs girlfriend didnt know tim duncan was "good" either

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 06:01 PM
She only likes Soccer and Cricket, cuz she's foreign.

nickbroken
10-14-2005, 06:02 PM
its not that lame
I wouldnt
because I try not to be commercial

oh and cbfs girlfriend didnt know tim duncan was "good" either

Wtf is this true cbfs?

TheTruth
10-14-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm 23, but all my friends tell me I look fat.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Wtf is this true cbfs?

yeah unfortunately...she does know whats up now though. i've made her watch many spurs games.

She did not move to the U.S. until 2001, and she hated sports (except cricket and soccer) until i forced her to be a spurs fan :smokin

Shelly
10-14-2005, 06:04 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/music/stories/MYSA101405.WK.nineinch.1696d5c1.html

Nine Inch Nails' Reznor off alcohol, ready to perform

Web Posted: 10/13/2005 12:00 AM CDT

David Glessner
San Antonio Express-News

On the mend from personal demons and touring in support of his latest critically acclaimed album, "With Teeth," Trent Reznor's Nine Inch Nails has been bitten by a series of drummer departures.

Nine Inch Nails
Also featuring: Queens of the Stone Age, Death From Above 1979
Where: SBC Center, East Houston Street at SBC Center Parkway
When: 7:30 p.m. Sunday
Tickets: $35-$45 at Ticketmaster outlets

"Jerome Dillon has been diagnosed with some heart issues," Reznor says regarding the tour's original drummer. "The good news is it's not as bad as we feared. It seems to be treatable with medication and some rest. We played with (A Perfect Circle drummer) Josh Freese last night and it was great."

Marching forward with substitute drummers, Nine Inch Nails hammers the SBC Center on Sunday. Queens of the Stone Age and Death From Above 1979 ratchet up the ruckus. Expect all the industrial-sounding techno-metal rage that has made Reznor as iconic as Kurt Cobain and Perry Farrell when it comes to bookmarking the chapters of modern music (see titles such as "Pretty Hate Machine" and "The Downward Spiral").

For a guy who has been crowned the king of pain through shadowy music videos and f-bomb lyrics, Reznor speaks in disarmingly measured tones. Calm, collected and immediately likable, the man who helped Marilyn Manson become the Antichrist superstar is not only enjoying the chart-topping success of "With Teeth" but also celebrating his newfound sobriety.

"The struggle was the acceptance that I am an addict," he says. "(Addiction) began around '97 or so. I went in for treatment and listened and said, 'OK, that makes a lot of sense.' I pretty much stayed sober until 'The Fragile.'

"I started drinking and that got out of control. It was primarily drinking, but that would lead to cocaine if it was around. Did I have some good times? Sure. But I also had a lot of really, really, really terrible times. That's a part of my life that I hope is over."

"With Teeth" features a good bit of drumming courtesy of Foo Fighters frontman and Nirvana hall-of-famer Dave Grohl. Due to other obligations, Reznor insists Grohl is unavailable to pound for the Nails.

"I'd be honored to play onstage with Dave, but that's not the case," Reznor said.

"When I was writing this record, I wanted to have real drums and, for the most part, get away from programmed drums. It's not forever, but that's what seemed inspiring at the time. I arranged the songs in a way that would accommodate a human being playing rather than a machine.

"When I heard Dave's drumming on the Queens of the Stone Age record, the Killing Joke record and the Nirvana stuff, it was exciting because it's hard-hitting and makes you want to pay attention to the drums.

"Somehow when I'm listening to music, I still have the ability to listen to the song and turn off the technical ears. Dave is able to encapsulate a really exciting guy beating the (expletive) out of the drums. I called him up, he was able to do it and it lived up to everything I had hoped for and more."

Something else that ultimately lived up to lifetime achievement status is Johnny Cash's version of the Nine Inch Nails song, "Hurt." Cash's video for the song has been hailed as one of the most powerful and compelling mergers of song and film.

"I'm not proud to say it, but when I first heard the song it felt funny because that is one of the most personal songs I've ever written," Reznor says. "It took me by surprise and I felt a tinge of, almost, jealousy or being invaded. It felt like Johnny Cash was in my house or kissing my girlfriend.

"A week or two later, I got the video and when I put that on it was a completely different reaction. I had goose bumps and got choked up. It was beautiful. The fact that a song came out of my bedroom in a very private moment and was covered years later by an icon from a completely different walk of life was completely flattering. Sadly, it kind of became a swan song for him."

As a former New Orleans resident, Reznor worries that the city he loved may also be singing its swan song in the wake of the recent hurricanes.

"I don't think it will ever be the same," he says. "For me, the charm of New Orleans isn't Bourbon Street or Mardi Gras. It was a melting pot of people and tradition, and it was architecturally rich. Compared to western Pennsylvania, which is where I grew up, it was like another planet.

"I loved the place. It seemed magical and I hope that it can return to that. It's heartbreaking to know that it got wiped out not just by nature and God, but by also our own government through FEMA's (delayed) response and lack of funding for the levees."

mookie2001
10-14-2005, 06:06 PM
2001?
really cbf
so when we went over to neils with peter and them she just got there that week or what?

TOP-CHERRY
10-14-2005, 06:07 PM
yeah unfortunately...she does know whats up now though. i've made her watch many spurs games.

She did not move to the U.S. until 2001, and she hated sports (except cricket and soccer) until i forced her to be a spurs fan :smokin
I made most of my family become Spurs fans. Ah, the power of my persuasion...

:angel

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 06:14 PM
2001?
really cbf
so when we went over to neils with peter and them she just got there that week or what?

she moved to texas in the middle of her junior year, which would be the middle of our senior years

ObiwanGinobili
10-14-2005, 06:35 PM

good. otherwise I hope you woulda broke it off.... a non sports knowin, non spurs lovin significant other is a crime against nature itself.

midgetonadonkey
10-14-2005, 06:39 PM
CBF, where is your chick from?

Kdfelicity
10-14-2005, 07:01 PM
I would never do this. I just want the spurstalk public's opinion on the matter.

Why not?

I just got my tickets for Pat Green today!! I'll be caged fury till the show goes on!!! :spin

mookie2001
10-14-2005, 07:05 PM
india midget

kd
you just made me cry

Kori Ellis
10-14-2005, 07:06 PM
CBF, where is your chick from?

Russian Mail Order Bride. He hasn't married her yet because he got her on the LAY away plan. :lmao

Kdfelicity
10-14-2005, 07:07 PM
india midget

kd
you just made me cry

Awww mookie, what'd I say??

mookie2001
10-14-2005, 07:08 PM
pat green?

he sucks so hard

longhorn fans are supposed to like the exact same kind of music!

Kdfelicity
10-14-2005, 07:12 PM
pat green?

he sucks so hard

longhorn fans are supposed to like the exact same kind of music!

You probably say that cuz you're peeved he went mainstream. And the concert is not just him, it's Cory Morrow, Kevin Fowler, Shooter Jennings(you really must listen to him if you haven't) and others...

And it really doesn't matter what Longhorn fans listen to does it? They already like the best team in the whole wide world so what else could possibly matter?? :p

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Russian Mail Order Bride. He hasn't married her yet because he got her on the LAY away plan. :lmao

I do like russian chicks, at least some, and the non-super hairy ones

But she's from India.

ALVAREZ6
10-14-2005, 07:35 PM
I do like russian chicks, at least some, and the non-super hairy ones

But she's from India.
You got an Indian chick?

midgetonadonkey
10-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Indian chicks are hot. Nice job.

mookie2001
10-14-2005, 08:26 PM
god pat green sucks so much
a main reason why hes popular is because people like to buy his stickers and tshirts because they have the texas flag on them and have been dubbed "cool" by queer baits

although i could list many upon many txcountry/traditional country/bluegrass bands/acts that own the shit out of him, i will only list the 3 that totally put his sellout shitty fucking music to shame so bad its embarrassing
they are from Texas but dont have the flag on every possible item they could sell
Townes Van Zandt
Steve Earle
and Robert Earl Keen

Kdfelicity
10-14-2005, 08:37 PM
god pat green sucks so much
a main reason why hes popular is because people like to buy his stickers and tshirts because they have the texas flag on them and have been dubbed "cool" by queer baits

although i could list many upon many txcountry/traditional country/bluegrass bands/acts that own the shit out of him, i will only list the 3 that totally put his sellout shitty fucking music to shame so bad its embarrassing
they are from Texas but dont have the flag on every possible item they could sell
Townes Van Zandt
Steve Earle
and Robert Earl Keen

Now you made me cry Mookie. Maybe the reason why he's so popular is because he's actually good! Ever consider listening to his music? His old stuff is top-quality- Southbound 35, Dancehall Dreamer, Take Me Out to the Dancehall, Crazy(my fav that not many know).

You and that word popular. There was a time when Pat was not popular and not even close to mainstream. That's when I got to know him(what I listed above).

mookie2001
10-14-2005, 08:44 PM
sorry
naturally one has the right to like any kind of music they want
its just frustrating to see all these people with this paraphanelia when they could have spend 99 cents to download one of these guys songs and gotten a better deal

Cant_Be_Faded
10-14-2005, 08:58 PM
towns van zandt sings a song about turning his hands to labor while betting on the kentucky derby

Cant_Be_Faded
10-16-2005, 02:19 PM
The concert is today.

mookie2001
10-16-2005, 02:21 PM
actually he does
you finally got it right
Don Walser sings about his tractors, his pullers

I see you made some vbookies

Cant_Be_Faded
10-16-2005, 02:27 PM
We should have an official vbookie for the percentage of people wearing NIN shirts at the concert. I will give you a fox news-esque fair and balanced account of the percentage, as well as if those people look like posers or not.

I'm going to wear my Dan Abrams t-shirt and some black jeans.

My vbookie increased by roughly 30 percent this weekend. I guess I can thank my financial adviser, but the most lucrative bets were also the most obvious.

mookie2001
10-16-2005, 02:29 PM
naturally
it should have been obvious to put most of the bookies on Texas

I dont think there will be that many nin shirts
nin fans fancy themselves as pretty smart and hip
plus they dont make as many nin shirts now as they did in say 1995-1998

Faccia di Angelo
10-17-2005, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't care either way. If I have it I'll wear it, if not I'll find something else. It is kinda funny though seeing everyone in their shirts gearing up for the show lol I went to the concert last night and was wearing a blue Cure shirt I had cause thats what I felt like wearing. :) And I did end up buying one of those ridiculously priced tour tshirts cause I just had to! That concert kicked ass! I've always wanted to hear "Wish" live.

I dont think there will be that many nin shirts
nin fans fancy themselves as pretty smart and hip
plus they dont make as many nin shirts now as they did in say 1995-1998
They were everywhere Mookie! All you saw was a sea of black tshirts with NIN on them. And then some interestingly dressed people in between. I don't know why some people think they have to "dress" the part. But thats just me. Where's CBF? I'm waiting for his fox news-esque fair and balanced account of last night.

Shelly
10-17-2005, 12:43 PM
We were sitting in Row 8 (which was actually the first row) probably about 30 ft from the stage.

There were NIN shirts everywhere and plenty of fashion faux pas added into the mix! :lol I saw plenty of beer cups flying and was kinda suprised that they allowed smoking. There was the occasional crowd surfer also.

We just went for the NIN show and since we got there so late, we didn't even end up paying for parking and ended up parking in the lower lot in the first spot.

It was a good show and they are a great live band, but honestly, I got bored after awhile. I'm not one to just sit there and listen to music like my husband can. I need to be doing something while doing so. I was disappointed that they didn't play more from the Fragile and probably half of the songs they played weren't the songs that I liked. I was really hoping they'd play La Mer. I know he changes the set list with each show, but this one seemed really short.

And thus endeth my review.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-17-2005, 01:41 PM
They were everywhere Mookie! All you saw was a sea of black tshirts with NIN on them. And then some interestingly dressed people in between. I don't know why some people think they have to "dress" the part. But thats just me. Where's CBF? I'm waiting for his fox news-esque fair and balanced account of last night.

I did not see them everywhere...Granted, I was higher up in section 201

On the second floor, waiting for my GF in the bathroom during different periods throughout the night, I mentally counted about 60 that I saw the whole night.

I saw alot of tool t shirts
surprisingly alot of KMFDM tshirts
A few perfect circle's

Mostly people just wore black, which is what we did.

As for the show, I thought it fucking Owned All....They busted out with Terrible Lie right after I had started blazin, and the stage show and lights were off the fuckin hook!!!!

It was mesmerizing

They played the slow last tracks of With Teeth with a movie going onto the screen that covered the band, which was pretty tight. It ended up showing Bush shakin hands with some dude and then a monkey ravaging a poor little bird. Pretty tight.

When they played their 2nd round, it was awesome too. It sucked that everyone kept whistling and screaming during Hurt, cuz it was hard to hear him and his piano after a while.
And the guitarist was jumping and running and fidgeting around like a madman through the entire show!!! It was great!
But overall the show was fucking awesome, just didn't play long enough.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Maybe there was a correlation with being closer to the stage and more NIN shirts, cuz I saw alot, but they certainly weren't 'everywhere'.

Plus I was only on the 1st floor while entering the sbc center and leaving.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-17-2005, 02:06 PM
BTW, does anyone remember what song they started out with, or for that matter, does anyone know or have the entire set list?

I was gonna put it on my phone since i didnt have a pen, but it woulda been too much hassle and I was too into the show.

Faccia di Angelo
10-17-2005, 10:51 PM
I was in section 105 and I did see a large amount of people with them on, maybe it was just the area I was in. Your recap has me missing last night CBF lol It really was an awesome show. I wanted so badly to have them play Something I can Never Have but I was pleased with the songs they played off of Pretty Hate Machine and Broken. And I believe the first song they played was off the new album, Every day is Exactly the Same. I think the first two songs were off the album.

Brutalis
10-17-2005, 11:14 PM
Doesnt matter what you wear, as long as you have fun. I mean, you listen to the music, not the scene.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-18-2005, 12:05 AM
And I believe the first song they played was off the new album, Every day is Exactly the Same. I think the first two songs were off the album.

No, that wasn't it. Because that's my favorite With Teeth song, and I was wanting them to play it all night.

It was off their new album though, I think.

Dammit, I knew I shoulda written the setlist down somehow!

Faccia, remember the fucking guitarist???? You could hear the guitar parts underneath all the synth and bass and drum only slightly but when you keyed on it it was awesome, that dude was going totally awol!!!

I can't wait to re-listen to some of the fragile and try to catch those little guitar parts that I dont think I've ever noticed before.

Drachen
10-18-2005, 12:46 AM
not a big band... maybe in support of a good small band (mingo fishtrap or BOI for example), because that may help them sell more to other people which is always good for small bands.

Faccia di Angelo
10-18-2005, 07:36 AM
No, that wasn't it. Because that's my favorite With Teeth song, and I was wanting them to play it all night.

It was off their new album though, I think.

Dammit, I knew I shoulda written the setlist down somehow!

Faccia, remember the fucking guitarist???? You could hear the guitar parts underneath all the synth and bass and drum only slightly but when you keyed on it it was awesome, that dude was going totally awol!!!

I can't wait to re-listen to some of the fragile and try to catch those little guitar parts that I dont think I've ever noticed before.
Are you sure? I could have sworn it was but I know they did play it sometime during the show cause my sis's boyfriend was going nuts when they did, thats his favorite song too. Damn, now I want to know the setlist too. I'll do some looking. And yes, that guitarist kicked ass! He was all over the place! I love the energy they brought, I didn't think even Trent would get that into it. I'm putting the cd on my way to work lol Did you get any pics or video? My sis took video with her camera of Hurt and a few others. I have to see if they came out.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Are you sure? I could have sworn it was but I know they did play it sometime during the show cause my sis's boyfriend was going nuts when they did, thats his favorite song too. Damn, now I want to know the setlist too. I'll do some looking. And yes, that guitarist kicked ass! He was all over the place! I love the energy they brought, I didn't think even Trent would get that into it. I'm putting the cd on my way to work lol Did you get any pics or video? My sis took video with her camera of Hurt and a few others. I have to see if they came out.

Hmmm
My girlfriend said they didn't play every day is exactly the same too.
If i find the setlist I'll post it on here.

As for recording, she tried to record the second half of the frail then the wretched with her iaudio, but it was low on batteries, so we weren't able to play it back to see how it sounded.

Shelly
10-18-2005, 12:12 PM
set list

pinion
love is not enough
do u know what u are
terrible lie
the line begins to blur
march of the pigs
the frail
the wretched
closer
burn
gaveup
eraser
right where it belongs
beside u in time
wish
sin
only
reptile
suck
hurt
the hand that feeds
head like a hole

Cant_Be_Faded
10-18-2005, 12:14 PM
set list

pinion
love is not enough
do u know what u are
terrible lie
the line begins to blur
march of the pigs
the frail
the wretched
closer
burn
gaveup
eraser
right where it belongs
beside u in time
wish
sin
only
reptile
suck
hurt
the hand that feeds
head like a hole

Thanks mother wunderkind!

Where'd ya get it?

What was everyone's favorite song?

I'd have to say when he played Sin and March of the Pigs was my favorite. My neck is still really fucking sore after headbanging and thrashing around so much.

Horry For 3!
10-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Same.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2006, 05:32 PM
I just got a couple tix for the next Nine Inch Nails round. Should I wear a NIN shirt to this one? :lol

tlongII
04-07-2006, 05:35 PM
I just got a couple tix for the next Nine Inch Nails round. Should I wear a NIN shirt to this one? :lol

Either NIN or Neil Diamond.

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Either NIN or Neil Diamond.

go for the Neil Diamond...

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Actually I'll probably join in the second majority and wear a KMFDM shirt

T-Pain
04-08-2006, 02:13 AM

thats how i look at it

chode_regulator
04-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Actually I'll probably join in the second majority and wear a KMFDM shirt
i was a fan of kmfdm when you were still a fetus
you probably dont even remember them from back in the day....poser

AlamoSpursFan
04-08-2006, 01:01 PM
The first time I saw Reckless Kelly (Gruene Hall, early 1997) they had a t-shirt for sale and I bought one. I wore it to every show I attended, and it became tradition for at least one of the members of the band (usually Cody, quite often Jazz too) to come up to me and say "Damn, that's an old shirt!" Once I went to a show at the last minute and didn't have the shirt...and Cody came up and said "Dude! Where's the shirt???"

I retired the shirt a few months ago, though, because Willy told me they only made 35 of them and mine was the only one he knew of that was still in existance.

Now I either wear this one
http://www.theconnextion.com/images/rk/rk7t.jpg

or my new "RK Outlaw" shirt and I don't give a damn who thinks it's wrong!

midgetonadonkey
04-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Who the fuck is Reckless Kelly?

chode_regulator
04-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Who the fuck is Reckless Kelly?
lol
x2

CharlieMac
04-08-2006, 02:55 PM
I might have said no earlier, but I dont really care now. I probably would.