Kawhi
Kyle
LMA

Mills/ Forbes/Parker
Simmons
Hanga
Bertans
Pau(?)Lee/ Milutinov

I'd trade Pau to keep everyone else. Or I'd tell him to opt out and pay him over three years like we did to RJ :( In this scenario we draft a a couple wings

I'm really for just building and growing organically. Wouldn't mind another 15 years of excellence as opposed to a short window. But that's just me.

Hoops Czar
05-27-2017, 10:56 PM
PG Mills
SG Green
SF Leonard
PF Anderson
C Aldridge

Bench
Murray, Simmons, Hanga, Bertans, Lee(?)

:lmao These Paddy Mills jokes still crack me up to this day. Well played!

ElNono
05-27-2017, 11:05 PM
ST is always right, tbh

Spurtacular
05-27-2017, 11:09 PM
Nah according to spurstalk Dedmon is walking

Yea, I considered that thread. But the Pau hate had to override that.

Perhaps, M Gasol on the LMA trade though.

Spurtacular
05-27-2017, 11:09 PM
What did SpursTalk do with LMA?

Booted 'Softride/LaBeta', one way or another.

illusioNtEk
05-27-2017, 11:36 PM
Well... we did win 60 games last season... no need to blow it up to the extreme

cd021
05-27-2017, 11:37 PM
:lmao These Paddy Mills jokes still crack me up to this day. Well played!

Same with CP3 tbh

TheDoctor
05-28-2017, 01:04 AM
Next year's line-up based on a bunch of threads:

PG Murray
SG Green or Simmons
SF Leonard
PF Anderson or Bertans
C Dedmon

6th man Bertans or Simmons

Per some STs:
PG Murray
SG Green
SF Kawhi
PF Melo
C Brandon Wright

:lol

dabom
05-28-2017, 01:20 AM
Same with CP3 tbh

:lol :tu

SAGirl
05-28-2017, 01:32 AM
Actually this is me

Murray
Green
Kawhi
Kyle
LMA

Mills/ Forbes/Parker
Simmons
Hanga
Bertans
Pau(?)Lee/ Milutinov

I'd trade Pau to keep everyone else. Or I'd tell him to opt out and pay him over three years like we did to RJ :( In this scenario we draft a a couple wings

I'm really for just building and growing organically. Wouldn't mind another 15 years of excellence as opposed to a short window. But that's just me.
I prefer this too.
I really don't mind Kyle off the bench, as long as he gets RS minutes in a regular spot. I think he's earned it... I also think his improved passing and rebounding is necessary for the SL bc we know LMA can't pass the ball, and he is a midrange shooter that doesn't like the paint all that much.

I haven't seen enough of Bertans to really say much about him in a starting role. He wasn't even that impactful in the postseason and didn't show much to think or assume he should be starting... but I guess he could show more next season. I am fine with either.
I think Mills is going to walk personally. He's going to get a big deal, too big for his likely role in the Spurs. Maybe Spurs land a FA as rumored. But I suspect one of Mills or Simmons is not coming back bc $ and role offered elsewhere.

MaNu4Tres
05-28-2017, 01:58 AM
Murray
Green
Kawhi
DJ Wilson
LA

Mack /TP/ Forbes
Hanga
Simmons
Bertans/ Lee
Jordan Bell/ Withey

Leave spot open.

Jabari Bird - D League two way contract

Sterling Brown - D League two way contract

Spurs trade Kyle for Magics 33rd to draft Jordan Bell

DJ Wilson is selected with 29th.

Competetive transition 55+ win yr. Ceiling WCF again.

SAGirl
05-28-2017, 02:00 AM
Murray
Green
Kawhi
DJ Wilson
LA

Mack /TP/ Forbes
Hanga
Simmons
Bertans/ Lee
Jordan Bell/ Withey

Leave spot open.

I suspect you will be disappointed with roster moves then.

MaNu4Tres
05-28-2017, 02:13 AM
I suspect you will be disappointed with roster moves then.

No. Because you, I or anyone else on this site will never know RCs real intentions based on the results we do see. This is just what Id prefer to see and a lot is riding on Spurs drafting two studs im very high on in Bell and Wilson -- which I know has very low shot at happening.

MaNu4Tres
05-28-2017, 02:14 AM
Id trade Kyle in a heartbeat if it meant DJ Wilson or Jordan Bell..tbh

SAGirl
05-28-2017, 02:15 AM
No. Because you, I or anyone else on this site will never know RCs real intentions based on the results we do see. This is just what Id prefer to see and a lot is riding on Spurs drafting two studs im very high on in Bell and Wilson -- which I know has very low shot at happening.
We shall see.
I doubt Spurs go that young. They already have enough youth to develop as is. I think they only break up this group for a big time FA. Otherwise they are likely to bring the same guys back minus a tweak here or there. IMO (bc they don't reup someone or whatever)

SAGirl
05-28-2017, 02:16 AM
Id trade Kyle in a heartbeat if it meant DJ Wilson or Jordan Bell..tbh
That may be your bigger disappointment lol that they don't trade Kyle tbh

MaNu4Tres
05-28-2017, 02:17 AM
We shall see.
I doubt Spurs go that young. They already have enough youth to develop as is. I think they only break up this group for a big time FA. Otherwise they are likely to bring the same guys back minus a tweak here or there. IMO

Again. This is what I want to see.

MaNu4Tres
05-28-2017, 02:18 AM
That maybe your bigger disappointment lol that they don't trade Kyle tbh

Not really. Id be fine with or without Kyle.

SAGirl
05-28-2017, 02:18 AM
Again. This is what I want to see.
That's fine. maybe I should not have aaid anything but it's a very unlikely list...

SAGirl
05-28-2017, 02:20 AM
Not really. Id be fine with or without Kyle.
Sorry... we posted more or less at the same time and I missed the guys you are really high on. I haven't watched draft prospects this season yet so I am not hyped up yet about anyone. I missed that part of your post.

Hoops Czar
05-28-2017, 02:21 AM
That's fine. maybe I should not have aaid anything but it's a very unlikely list...

Who's being biased now? :lol

SAGirl
05-28-2017, 02:23 AM
Who's being biased now? :lol
There was some miscommunication bc he's hyped up about some guys I know nothing about.. still I don't see Spurs going that young and with that much of a makeover... but maybe they are better. I really don't know the guys he mentioned. My point still stands that I think they are likely to stand pat if they miss on any potential big FA acquisition... keep trolling harder tbh.

Keepin' it real
05-28-2017, 03:05 AM
if ST is Right....

Como que if?

TheGreatYacht
05-28-2017, 03:10 AM
Hill
Belinelli
Leonard
Blair
Splitter

If we're going by this week....

GSH
05-28-2017, 08:03 AM
Booted 'Softride/LaBeta', one way or another.

Oh, I get it:

Patty is going to walk, and the Spurs aren't going to sign anyone else.
Pau is getting dumped, without getting anything in return, and Dedmon is walking.
And LMA is getting dumped, without getting anything in return, and the Spurs aren't going to sign anyone in his place.

Because all those things would have to happen to get to that roster.

This place is usually swimming in stupid, but I don't think anyone here thinks that all those things are going to happen. So you just gathered up all the bad ideas you could think of, and made a whole new thread claiming that the composite of all those bad ideas is the prevailing sentiment on ST. I guess when you spend a year insisting that Jimmer Fredette should be the starter, anything is possible.

urunobili
05-28-2017, 09:41 AM
CP3
Green
Kawhichael
Bertans
LMA

Juice, Murray, Fathead, Manu, Lee/vet min big

That would be my dream roster, tbh.

Spurtacular
05-28-2017, 01:52 PM
Oh, I get it:

Pau is getting dumped, without getting anything in return, and Dedmon is walking.
And LMA is getting dumped, without getting anything in return, and the Spurs aren't going to sign anyone in his place.

This place is usually swimming in stupid, but I don't think anyone here thinks that all those things are going to happen. So you just gathered up all the bad ideas you could think of, and made a whole new thread claiming that the composite of all those bad ideas is the prevailing sentiment on ST. I guess when you spend a year insisting that Jimmer Fredette should be the starter, anything is possible.

Patty is not going to walk. But that doesn't mean he'll be in the top 6 according to ST.
Yes, many have talked about dumping Pau if you've been paying attention.
People have even talked about dumping LMA or taking peanuts in return. I could've put MG in his place, but that was one budding thread. For that matter I could've put CP3 instead of Murray, but I was going with the flavor of the hour and pretty much remaining Spurcentric rather than indulging the fantasies.

I guess when you spend a life being a jackass.....

You get that? I don't care. GFY

SAGirl
05-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Oh, I get it:

https://media.giphy.com/media/7rj2ZgttvgomY/giphy.gif

Spurtacular
05-28-2017, 02:31 PM
Don't get chippy, bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNuXWfLbwBM

PingPong
05-28-2017, 02:32 PM
LMA as a center...

SAGirl
05-28-2017, 03:06 PM
Don't get chippy, bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNuXWfLbwBM
Rofl
What a bad troll you are... Carter got a technical there. I would say he was baited Ingo it by KA trash talking lol

SAGirl
05-28-2017, 03:07 PM
LMA as a center...

Yeah I am not convinced he will acquiesce to that either, but he may have to do it more than last season which was almost never.

Spurtacular
05-28-2017, 03:09 PM
Rofl
What a bad troll you are... Carter got a technical there. I would say he was baited Ingo it by KA trash talking lol

I think we know who the bitch was in that exchange.

SAGirl
05-28-2017, 03:16 PM
I think we know who the bitch was in that exchange.
You.:lmao

Spurtacular
05-28-2017, 03:27 PM
You.:lmao

Based on the fact that you think VC gave a fuck about a T down 21? That's sad.

SAGirl
05-28-2017, 03:30 PM
Based on the fact that you think VC gave a fuck about a T down 21? That's sad.
Lol your entire attempt at trolling is what's sad

Spurtacular
05-28-2017, 03:32 PM
Lol your entire attempt at trolling is what's sad

:lmao: I don't have to "attempt." If I say anything adverse about Fathead, you're on the spot; half the time with some sh** about Jimmer as if that matters.

SAGirl
05-28-2017, 03:48 PM
:lmao: I don't have to "attempt." If I say anything adverse about Fathead, you're on the spot; half the time with some sh** about Jimmer as if that matters.
It's a bad thread to begin with which GSH points out. I merely applaud and your attempts at bad trolling come out. You are such a sour puss and then pretty weak with your attempts too. You can keep going. We know you aren't stopping... but I am bored. You are still sore about Jimmer too. Lol

Spurtacular
05-28-2017, 04:03 PM
It's a bad thread to begin with which GSH points out. I merely applaud and your attempts at bad trolling come out. You are such a sour puss and then pretty weak with your attempts too. You can keep going. We know you aren't stopping... but I am bored. You are still sore about Jimmer too. Lol

You and GSH could have a contest to see who has more sand in their vaginas.

TD 21
05-28-2017, 04:59 PM
Yeah I am not convinced he will acquiesce to that either, but he may have to do it more than last season which was almost never.

That's because unlike the previous season, they had 2 centers in the big rotation. He still played a good amount of it though and if Dedmon isn't re-signed, there's a good chance he'll be playing more of it next season.

I think he's intelligent enough to realize, that the game has evolved rapidly since '15, to the point where anyone even close to his physical makeup, is going to play it at least part time and against most of the best teams, more than that.

Those that want him primarily playing center though, ignore the fact that he doesn't excel at traditional center things (or modern power forward things; which is why he's a hybrid) and that they don't have another starting power forward option, nor the means to acquire one.

therealtruth
05-28-2017, 08:27 PM
Kyle got him back by using his crank it up without authorization.

apalisoc_9
05-28-2017, 08:32 PM
If we're going by ops preference

Fredette
Reddick
Hayward
Olynyk
Kaminsky
Mcconnel
Korver
Ingles
Parsons
Zeller
David Lee
Ryan Anderson

Not sure if I am on board with this team but going by ops posts, yeah...

What do you guys think of this team?

Spurtacular
05-28-2017, 10:11 PM
If we're going by ops preference

Fredette
Reddick
Hayward
Olynyk
Kaminsky
Mcconnel
Korver
Ingles
Parsons
Zeller
David Lee
Ryan Anderson

Not sure if I am on board with this team but going by ops posts, yeah...

What do you guys think of this team?

See. This just shows how fucking off you are. You've been claiming I love players cos they're white; but the truth is I'm not a fan of most those players. I'll demonstrate.

Fredette - Obviously fucking awesome.
Reddick - Reminds me a bit of Reggie Miller, who I love. But I can take him or leave him.
Hayward - I like his potential; but for fuck's sake I made a thread during the Clippers series about how not clutch he is.
Olynyk - Think he's garbage; but enjoyed him pulling Love's arm out of his socket. Not a black player he victimized.
Kaminsky - Good college player. Not rooting against him in the pros; but he hasn't shown me much so far.
McConnel - Don't even know who the fuck he is without looking him up.
Korver - Not a big fan. Too one dimensional. He's the Jones/Battier/Miller Lebron likes though. He doesn't give a fuck about color. He just wants guys who do their fucking jobs.
Ingles - Til very recently, I didn't even understand why he was a rotation player. He showed me something in these playoffs though.
Parsons - He's a bitch; always has been. I do enjoy his PR battles with other players. Always good to have people stirring up the hornets nest though.
Zeller - I believe there's more than one Zeller. One of them has a decent mid range that is good for pick and pop. But all and all I could give a fuck about the Zellers. Except the one Zeller who passed on millions to join the military; that's intriguing. Not many would do that. Only so many Pat Tillmans out there.
David Lee - I loved him as a Spur more than anywhere. He took care of business. But I love him like McDyess or something of the sort. Again, the fucking color doesn't matter except to lame ass trolls such as yourself.
Ryan Anderson - Total bitch. Shame Jimmer had to share the court with him. He was such a bitch that his girlfriend killed herself.

Do I have a bias for white players? Probably no more (and frankly even less) than most on here if a bias for black players. But the whole racism sh** is just lame ass schtick from a lame ass poster (and socks).

DAF86
05-28-2017, 11:58 PM
Murray
Green
Kawhi
DJ Wilson
LA

Mack /TP/ Forbes
Hanga
Simmons
Bertans/ Lee
Jordan Bell/ Withey

Leave spot open.

The lack of shooting of that second lineup is something to admire.

DAF86
05-29-2017, 12:07 AM
My dream scenario:

CP3, Green, Kawhi, Bertans, Dedmon.

Murray, Manu, Korver, Anderson, Pau

Tony, Forbes, drafted wing, drafted wing, vet min Center

My realistic scenario:

Murray, Green, Kawhi, Bertans, Aldridge

Tony, Manu, Korver, Anderson, Pau

Vet min PG, Forbes, drafted wing, drafted wing, vet min center.

Spurtacular
05-29-2017, 12:10 AM
^^^
Like that you have Manu coming back.

DAF86
05-29-2017, 12:14 AM
^^^
Like that you have Manu coming back.

Yeah, I would rather have Manu back for the minimum, than Simmons for more money and years. I can't stress enough how dumb it would be from the Spurs to commit to Simmons long term. It would be beyond idiotic and it wouldn't take much for folks to start turning on him and his mediocre play.

I love his guts to step up on these playoffs after Kawhi went down but dude just isn't very good.

MaNu4Tres
05-29-2017, 07:31 AM
My dream scenario:

My realistic scenario:

Lack of defense with 2nd units is something to laugh at.

DMC
05-29-2017, 12:28 PM
Anyone who thinks Tony is coming off the bench behind Murray is sorely mistaken. When Tony is ready to go he'll start. Spurs are a business after all, and they don't want to trot out that lineup with their 2 stars on the bench, at home.

GSH
05-29-2017, 12:39 PM
Patty is not going to walk. But that doesn't mean he'll be in the top 6 according to ST.
Yes, many have talked about dumping Pau if you've been paying attention.
People have even talked about dumping LMA or taking peanuts in return. I could've put MG in his place, but that was one budding thread. For that matter I could've put CP3 instead of Murray, but I was going with the flavor of the hour and pretty much remaining Spurcentric rather than indulging the fantasies.

I guess when you spend a life being a jackass.....

You get that? I don't care. GFY

So you were just pointing out that there are bad ideas on ST? You had me at Jimmer.

Spurtacular
05-29-2017, 02:35 PM
So you were just pointing out that there are bad ideas on ST? You had me at Jimmer.

Whatever, tick.

DAF86
05-29-2017, 03:09 PM
Lack of defense with 2nd units is something to laugh at.

Manu, Korver and Anderson are all above average defenders for their position. They would do more than OK, for less than 20 minutes a night together, against second units.

Spurtacular
05-29-2017, 03:39 PM
Manu, Korver and Anderson are all above average defenders for their position. They would do more than OK, for less than 20 minutes a night together, against second units.

Manu is pretty damn good for his age at defense. I feel like if he retires it'll be because he's worried about getting embarrassed at that end of the court, though. Having to guard fast guards when you're 40 is no joy. Offensively, he has years left, imo. Though, it must be frustrating to not be able to do all he once did at such high speeds.

GSH
05-29-2017, 03:51 PM
Manu is pretty damn good for his age at defense.

None of the other 39 year-olds hold a candle to him. :tu

MaNu4Tres
05-29-2017, 05:45 PM

You saying Korver is an above average defender says enough.

DAF86
05-29-2017, 07:46 PM

Don't tell me you buy into the lazy, dumb stereotype that only 'cause he's white and shoots jumpers, Korver is a bad defender. I had you as smarter than that.

By advanced metrics (and also, eye test for anyone that watches with even a bit of interest, tbh) Korver has always been a pretty decent defender. And it's not difficult to see why: he has good size for his position and he's smart and hard nosed.

I haven't checked his numbers this season but I have heard that they aren't as good as they used to be, but I would still take years and years of evidence over one season where he got traded, changed schemes and got his minutes and comfort zone all fucked up.

GSH
05-29-2017, 10:09 PM
Don't tell me you buy into the lazy, dumb stereotype that only 'cause he's white and shoots jumpers, Korver is a bad defender. I had you as smarter than that.

By advanced metrics (and also, eye test for anyone that watches with even a bit of interest, tbh) Korver has always been a pretty decent defender. And it's not difficult to see why: he has good size for his position and he's smart and hard nosed.

I haven't checked his numbers this season but I have heard that they aren't as good as they used to be, but I would still take years and years of evidence over one season where he got traded, changed schemes and got his minutes and comfort zone all fucked up.

Fuck metrics. Defensive metrics are great, except when they're not. Which is about half the time. Hell, the defensive metrics said that the Spurs defense suffered when Kawhi was on the floor. If you don't know better than that, then no metrics are going to help you.

Korver is an annoying sonofabitch on defense - when he's on the other team. In that respect, he's always reminded me of Danny Ainge. I'd have been happy to have him on the Spurs, and I've said so lots of times. He's getting older, so I'm sure he's not the player he once was - or at least not for as many minutes. But I remember saying that Mike Miller was too old, and then he just torched the Spurs in the playoffs that year. I remember people here saying that the Spurs didn't want any part of Derek Fisher because he was too old and slow, and couldn't play a lick of defense. Then he just tortured the Spurs with his defense in the playoffs.

I wouldn't break the bank to bring in Korver at this point. But at a reasonable price? I would love to have him on the roster.

Edit: Oh, and he can shoot the shit out of the 3 ball.

Spurtacular
05-29-2017, 10:31 PM

I didn't think so either; but I let it go.

DAF86
05-29-2017, 10:32 PM
Fuck metrics. Defensive metrics are great, except when they're not. Which is about half the time. Hell, the defensive metrics said that the Spurs defense suffered when Kawhi was on the floor. If you don't know better than that, then no metrics are going to help you.

Korver is an annoying sonofabitch on defense - when he's on the other team. In that respect, he's always reminded me of Danny Ainge. I'd have been happy to have him on the Spurs, and I've said so lots of times. He's getting older, so I'm sure he's not the player he once was - or at least not for as many minutes. But I remember saying that Mike Miller was too old, and then he just torched the Spurs in the playoffs that year. I remember people here saying that the Spurs didn't want any part of Derek Fisher because he was too old and slow, and couldn't play a lick of defense. Then he just tortured the Spurs with his defense in the playoffs.

I wouldn't break the bank to bring in Korver at this point. But at a reasonable price? I would love to have him on the roster.

I brought up the metrics because if not it would be a "your word, against mine" type of argument. Besides, defensive metrics can be shitty at an specific time, or for a particular season, but when the metrics indicate the same season after season there must be something there. But anyway, as you say: if you watch the guy play you can also realize that he's far from a liability, on defense, out there.

SAGirl
05-30-2017, 12:46 AM
My dream scenario:

My realistic scenario:

I like that team.
Second unit has question marks but it can't be helped with as much change as the Spurs have. Who knows how Tony and Manu come back, but it's a question mark no matter what.

MaNu4Tres
05-30-2017, 01:38 AM

You havent watched him play defense the past year or two then.

I dont blindly go by metrics either if thats what youre implying. I've probably watched more hawks/ cavs games than you and Daf combined the past 2 seasons. Korver has regressed tremendously on that end. He canr stay infront of anyone.

Do not want.

If Spurs whiff on major players this offseason, give me this scenario:

Murray - Green - Kawhi - Anderson - Aldridge
PG: Vet PG/Forbes/ TP
SG: Hanga
SF: Simmons/ Jabari Bird* (59th)
PF: Bertans/Lee/ DJ Wilson (26th)
C: Gasol/Bell (29th)
Two Undrafted FAs - Two way Contract w/ ATX

Pau opts in, Simmons gets re-signed to 3/4 yr deal : 8.4 mil per 1st two seasons. Lee opts out, signs 1+1 vet min again. Mills signs in Philly. Dedmon elsewhere. MLE or minimum* 1+1 used on Mack/ vet PG.
**Spurs Trade 2018 1st for Portlands 26th ( they have 3 1sts).

- Spurs draft DJ Wilson w/26th, Jordan Bell w/ 29th. Jabari Bird w/59th.* Bell/ Wilson have chance to crack rotation if they show enough ability/IQ to gain trust w Pop. Bertans or DJ will compete to take KA starter spot --* DJ Wilson having highest ceiling. Bell could make Pau expendable by deadline.

Til TP comes back, the bench has the two best shooters on the team w/ Forbes & Bertans to spread the floor -- dont forget Pau ( if SA holds om to him). They have two excellent perimeter defenders in Hanga/ Simmons to negate perimeter oriented scoring. They have Simmons to play make in PnRs.

Then they have two guys im exremely high on with Bell & DJ Wilson who probably make Pau and Kyle or Bertans expendable by January. Both these players bring tremendous versatility and effectivess on D and on offense. Bell is outstanding in PnRs on offense -- making smart quickpasses to weakside corners when he receives the pass when rolling or he can finish with authority. DJ Wilson can pretty much do anything you want him to do -- whether if its spreading the floor and spotting up from 3, or setting screens and diving. Both guys are extremely versatile defensively and can probably guard anyone 1-5. They are excellent in PnR defense with hedges and switches. Theyre also excellent in the interior. Both can run like gazelles and move extremely well. Them two growing with Murray & Kawhi would be a special situation moving forward if they all fulfill their potential.

dabom
05-30-2017, 02:25 AM
Fathead starting for the Spurs. GTFO faggot. :lmao

TD 21
05-30-2017, 04:24 PM
You havent watched him play defense the past year or two then.

I dont blindly go by metrics either if thats what youre implying. I've probably watched more hawks/ cavs games than you and Daf combined the past 2 seasons. Korver has regressed tremendously on that end. He canr stay infront of anyone.

Do not want.

If Spurs whiff on major players this offseason, give me this scenario:

Murray - Green - Kawhi - Anderson - Aldridge
PG: Vet PG/Forbes/ TP
SG: Hanga
SF: Simmons/ Jabari Bird* (59th)
PF: Bertans/Lee/ DJ Wilson (26th)
C: Gasol/Bell (29th)
Two Undrafted FAs - Two way Contract w/ ATX

Pau opts in, Simmons gets re-signed to 3/4 yr deal : 8.4 mil per 1st two seasons. Lee opts out, signs 1+1 vet min again. Mills signs in Philly. Dedmon elsewhere. MLE or minimum* 1+1 used on Mack/ vet PG.
**Spurs Trade 2018 1st for Portlands 26th ( they have 3 1sts).

- Spurs draft DJ Wilson w/26th, Jordan Bell w/ 29th. Jabari Bird w/59th.* Bell/ Wilson have chance to crack rotation if they show enough ability/IQ to gain trust w Pop. Bertans or DJ will compete to take KA starter spot --* DJ Wilson having highest ceiling. Bell could make Pau expendable by deadline.

Til TP comes back, the bench has the two best shooters on the team w/ Forbes & Bertans to spread the floor -- dont forget Pau ( if SA holds om to him). They have two excellent perimeter defenders in Hanga/ Simmons to negate perimeter oriented scoring. They have Simmons to play make in PnRs.

Then they have two guys im exremely high on with Bell & DJ Wilson who probably make Pau and Kyle or Bertans expendable by January. Both these players bring tremendous versatility and effectivess on D and on offense. Bell is outstanding in PnRs on offense -- making smart quickpasses to weakside corners when he receives the pass when rolling or he can finish with authority. DJ Wilson can pretty much do anything you want him to do -- whether if its spreading the floor and spotting up from 3, or setting screens and diving. Both guys are extremely versatile defensively and can probably guard anyone 1-5. They are excellent in PnR defense with hedges and switches. Theyre also excellent in the interior. Both can run like gazelles and move extremely well. Them two growing with Murray & Kawhi would be a special situation moving forward if they all fulfill their potential.

What an untalented roster, especially in the back court. Barring significant improvement from Murray, it might be the worst in the league. Mack is a fringe rotation player, who doesn't excel at any particular thing. Flexibility is great in theory, but as objective and I have been saying, they're not likely not have nearly as much as it may seem at the moment. The free agent class is also weak and though they could take on salary in a trade(s), no one is salary dumping a player who moves the needle, so there's no reason to go so cheap at such an important position.

Spurs need to modernize themselves in certain respects, but they also can't force feed something. The reality is, most teams still start traditionally. Sure, being able to play big and small at the time is ideal, but as much as I dislike him, there's only one Green. The Warriors aren't playing how they were because of philosophy, but because of personnel; the likes of which they got lucky with and can't be replicated.

DMC
05-30-2017, 05:09 PM
Anderson has had plenty of time to show development and he has some good attributes but he's too fucking slow for his size. Dude moves like he's 7'6".

AFMadison
05-30-2017, 05:18 PM
That's disappointing