PDA

View Full Version : for those who were too young to watch the 90s jazz

horsielove
05-28-2017, 10:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtopoXCifew

this video is a prime example of how dirty that piece of shit pedophile malone was. and how duncan hates greg ostertag lol.

Spurtacular
05-28-2017, 10:23 PM
90's Jazz were awesome. Too bad they had to play 5 vs 8 in those finals.

Thomas82
05-28-2017, 10:51 PM
Didn't TD sprain his ankle in that series?

Play Boban
05-28-2017, 11:11 PM
:cry

Darius Bieber
05-28-2017, 11:50 PM
90s Jazz would fuck up 2017 Warriors. Malone wouldn't stand up for Gaymond's bullshit and he wouldn't think twice about putting Curry on his ass every time he drove, unlike our softass players.

spurraider21
05-29-2017, 12:01 AM
90s Jazz would fuck up 2017 Warriors. Malone wouldn't stand up for Gaymond's bullshit and he wouldn't think twice about putting Curry on his ass every time he drove, unlike our softass players.yeah so they'd be in the penalty within 4 minutes of each quarter and be in foul trouble all game

:cry muh toughness :cry

bulakenyo
05-29-2017, 01:05 AM
I actually did not hate them at all.

I was for the Jazz vs the Bulls in the Finals.

I loved Coach Sloan.

I learned a lot of basic, effective, non super athletic basketball stuff watching Stockton and Malone.

Jeff Hornacek was an awesome shotmaker and outside shooter. Made me want to learn how to shoot below the rim running jumpers and floaters against taller defenders. Before Tony Parker.

but yeah, against the Spurs, they were the enemy.

Snaq O'Meal
05-29-2017, 01:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtopoXCifew

this video is a prime example of how dirty that piece of shit pedophile malone was. and how duncan hates greg ostertag lol.

Yup, I remember those dirty motherfuckers. Glad MJ kept them ringless.

CGD
05-29-2017, 07:36 AM
They were the tormentors for sure. Solid bench/role players in Eisly, Keefe, Anderson and Russell too. Malone was filthy though, still won't forget that Elbow on DRob.

It all changed when we got the GOAT.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-29-2017, 07:43 AM
They were the tormentors for sure. Solid bench/role players in Eisly, Keefe, Anderson and Russell too. Malone was filthy though, still won't forget that Elbow on DRob.

It all changed when we got the GOAT.

It didn't change right away though. Tim's rookie season they lost to Utah in the WC semis. That was one of the worst and most painful memories. Like an 'oh here we go again ffs' feeling. 99 healed it all and from then on Tim owned the dirty motherfuckers.

Btw, fun fact about the 98 semis against Utah - Spurs hit 13 threes the entire series :lol like a half's worth from today's NBA.

UZER
05-29-2017, 08:25 AM
Hated malone. Hated Stockton. Amazing that the spurs won the title the very next year.

One thing I didn't see was alot of bitching after every foul / no foul like today's NBA. So much less physical, yet so much bitching.

picnroll
05-29-2017, 09:12 AM
Amazing how the game has changed. I find the era of a diverse game with skilled big men more entertaining than the current era of jump shooting pussies getting open on moving screens and getting breathed on for a foul.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-29-2017, 10:10 AM
90s Jazz would fuck up 2017 Warriors. Malone wouldn't stand up for Gaymond's bullshit and he wouldn't think twice about putting Curry on his ass every time he drove, unlike our softass players.

yeah so they'd be in the penalty within 4 minutes of each quarter and be in foul trouble all game

Malone would get kicked out of every game in the 1st quarter in today's NBA for two flagrant fouls.

UZER
05-29-2017, 10:10 AM
Amazing how the game has changed. I find the era of a diverse game with skilled big men more entertaining than the current era of jump shooting pussies getting open on moving screens and getting breathed on for a foul.

Same here. This chucking era is not fun to watch. I'm a die hard basketball fan but as I get older, I'm more just a Spurs fan. There are still some "play in any era" guys in the league, but this overall 50 3's a game mentality is just garbage.

baseline bum
05-29-2017, 10:28 AM

90s Jazz couldn't even beat the Blazers. LOL Malone with 8 points in an elimination game.

baseline bum
05-29-2017, 10:29 AM
Malone would get kicked out of every game in the 1st quarter in today's NBA for two flagrant fouls.

And also for raping a 13 year old and then ignoring the kid.

Vito Corleone
05-29-2017, 10:34 AM
The NBA game has become so WNBA, I hated Malone and Stockton, but I respected that they took the hits as much as they gave them out.

I got so used to the older and slower Duncan, I forgot how bad ass he was when he first got into the league, I also forgot how crappy the Spurs were as well.

John B
05-29-2017, 10:42 AM
Love their PNR. Stockton has got to be one of the toughest non athletic player who suited up in basketball, making a pick on a big man down low. But I hate Malone, his dirty knee-first layup and elbow spin.

BSfromTX
05-29-2017, 10:49 AM
The Jazz...(pre Duncan and Pop) will make you truly appreciate the last two decades

sasaint
05-29-2017, 11:10 AM
Same here. This chucking era is not fun to watch. I'm a die hard basketball fan but as I get older, I'm more just a Spurs fan. There are still some "play in any era" guys in the league, but this overall 50 3's a game mentality is just garbage.

:toast If it weren't the the Spurs, I would drop the NBA and never miss it.

John B
05-29-2017, 11:25 AM
The Harden 3pt foul bait is the worst. NBA has got to do something about that crap

picnroll
05-29-2017, 11:42 AM
Never, never happen but I'd like to see them get rid of the three point shot. Every shot is for two points.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-29-2017, 12:14 PM
Never, never happen but I'd like to see them get rid of the three point shot. Every shot is for two points.

And if you're down three with single digit seconds left to go with the ball? It makes it impossible to have a chance.

spurs1990
05-29-2017, 12:16 PM
I remember 1998 as Duncan's ankle and that elbow to Robinson''s head contributed to the series loss.

But wondering if long time fans could evaluate 1996. I seem to recall the Spurs were finely tuned after getting Charles Smith and rattling of a 17 game winning streak.

So how did that team again lose to Utah in the semi's, especially knowing they should've been heavily motivated from the past year's letdown vs Houston?

I swear I could read an entire 300 page book on the 90s Spurs. Lots of intrigue among those rosters and coaches - Larry Brown, Tark, Lucas, Pop.

BSfromTX
05-29-2017, 12:29 PM
I remember 1998 as Duncan's ankle and that elbow to Robinson''s head contributed to the series loss.

But wondering if long time fans could evaluate 1996. I seem to recall the Spurs were finely tuned after getting Charles Smith and rattling of a 17 game winning streak.

So how did that team again lose to Utah in the semi's, especially knowing they should've been heavily motivated from the past year's letdown vs Houston?

I swear I could read an entire 300 page book on the 90s Spurs. Lots of intrigue among those rosters and coaches - Larry Brown, Tark, Lucas, Pop.

Bob on hill had zero interest in playing any defense. He was a poor mans d'antoni. That playoff was THE REASON ,imho, why pop ultimately fired Hill. Pop was pissed, because I think he felt a lot like you did in that we should have won. Pop has won a few series based on defending pick and rolls (see Phoenix Suns) and he didn't like Hill blowing it off

again imo and that was a long time ago, but I remember remember reading about it back then

DMC
05-29-2017, 12:38 PM

If you got rid of the 3 the paint would be clogged and you couldn't play a 5v5 game very well. It wouldn't be fun to watch either.

I like how it is now. We need better officiating, so reviews should happen on 3pt fouls and a foul can be overturned if needed.

GSH
05-29-2017, 12:42 PM
If you got rid of the 3 the paint would be clogged and you couldn't play a 5v5 game very well. It wouldn't be fun to watch either.

I like how it is now. We need better officiating, so reviews should happen on 3pt fouls and a foul can be overturned if needed.

How about a rule that missed 3's are an automatic dead ball and change of possession? That would make some bungholes pucker for sure.

picnroll
05-29-2017, 12:47 PM
And if you're down three with single digit seconds left to go with the ball? It makes it impossible to have a chance.

So what? How about a 4 point shot from half court in case you're down 4 or a full court shot if you're down 5?

Problem with three point shots is it totally distorts the game, particularly given arena configurations where the three is not equidistant everywhere so teams spend half their time trying to get a corner three. How about a compromise and have a three point shot in the last two minutes of the game. I'm entirely with Pop, the three point shot is ruining the game.

Clipper Nation
05-29-2017, 12:47 PM
The '90s Jazz were the prototype of today's Warriors. Easily the most bitchmade team in the league back then, full of floppers, whiners and dirty players, but they could always be counted on to choke when shit got real. What's truly sad is that DK needed the refs to beat that team in '98.

:lol Yesterday's NBA

UNT Eagles 2016
05-29-2017, 12:52 PM
So what? How about a 4 point shot from half court in case you're down 4 or a full court shot if you're down 5?

Problem with three point shots is it totally distorts the game, particularly given arena configurations where the three is not equidistant everywhere so teams spend half their time trying to get a corner three. How about a compromise and have a three point shot in the last two minutes of the game. I'm entirely with Pop, the three point shot is ruining the game.
It would actually make sense. 4 pointer is anything beyond the half court line, 5 pointer is anything inside the enemy three point arc (so essentially a 71+ footer). Would encourage more players to attempt one instead of those like Lebron who bitch out because it might "hurt their stats".

Thomas82
05-29-2017, 12:57 PM

Both of these posts are exactly how I feel.

UZER
05-29-2017, 02:06 PM
Get rid of the corner 3. Just extend the line sideline to sideline, maybe move it back a couple of feet. It's too easy to be worth 3 points with today's shooters. The defense would at least have a chance to cover the three point line.

Capt Bringdown
05-29-2017, 06:24 PM
Reggie Geary?

CGD
05-29-2017, 06:29 PM
They need to extend the flopping penalty to the 3pt bate situation

DMC
05-29-2017, 06:38 PM
How about a rule that missed 3's are an automatic dead ball and change of possession? That would make some bungholes pucker for sure.

Then everyone shoots the 3 without fear of a fast break the other direction.

Seventyniner
05-29-2017, 08:02 PM
I'm in favor of having the 3 point line be the same distance everywhere, i.e. it would hit the sideline so there are no corner 3s.

If it gets really bad, have the first 9 or 10 threes a team makes count as 3, after that every FG is 2 points.

lebomb
05-30-2017, 09:08 AM
It would actually make sense. 4 pointer is anything beyond the half court line, 5 pointer is anything inside the enemy three point arc (so essentially a 71+ footer). Would encourage more players to attempt one instead of those like Lebron who bitch out because it might "hurt their stats".

How about if you shoot it from under the opposing teams basket with your eyes closed. You automatically win the game. You can do this at any point in the game. Tip off through the close of the game.

vander
05-30-2017, 09:19 AM
I actually did not hate them at all.

I was for the Jazz vs the Bulls in the Finals.

I loved Coach Sloan.

I learned a lot of basic, effective, non super athletic basketball stuff watching Stockton and Malone.

Jeff Hornacek was an awesome shotmaker and outside shooter. Made me want to learn how to shoot below the rim running jumpers and floaters against taller defenders. Before Tony Parker.

but yeah, against the Spurs, they were the enemy.

agree with this.

growing up, Malone's fadeaway was the most awesome thing in basketball, it was unguardable, it became the only thing I wanted to do when playing.

Stockton constantly schooling far more athletic players was very enjoyable.

also, rookie Tim Duncan was better than max contract Lamarcus Aldridge

UNT Eagles 2016
05-30-2017, 09:24 AM
How about if you shoot it from under the opposing teams basket with your eyes closed. You automatically win the game. You can do this at any point in the game. Tip off through the close of the game.

Point is, how can the ref tell if your eyes are really closed? Not a good one.

Maybe if you punt the ball straight into the basket from the starting inbounding point (the opposing team's baseline, 94 feet from the basket) you win the game automatically, but if it goes in the stands you face ejection for kicking it into the stands and potentially injuring a fan.

DarrinS
05-30-2017, 10:18 AM
That video showed rookie Duncan >>>>>> LMA

TheDoctor
05-30-2017, 10:31 AM
Tim Duncan came to the League as an MVP candidate. Can't compare that greatness w/ LMA's game.

picnroll
05-30-2017, 10:39 AM
Might not like Malone but who wouldn't like to see him knee Raymond in the nuts?

portnoy1
05-30-2017, 03:43 PM
My dream was for j.sloan to be an assistant and let pop focus on Defense. I would've loved for Sloan to run the flex offense here. I guarantee that Aldridge would produce better in that system (the lack of heart thing is a different issue). I may start a forum topic on that. We're are talking about the mid 90s jazz but what y'all really should look at is the late 80s early 90s jazz. HALF COURT OFFENSIVE GOLD!!!!!! Then watch how Stockton worked the system.

gospursgojas
05-30-2017, 03:54 PM
Karl Malone is top 3 scumbag-iest player ever in NBA. Maybe life.

raybies
05-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Duncan's passing out of the double team as a rookie :cry

Aldridge is too scared to even survey. He'll pass it right back to the entry passer.... sigh

therealtruth
05-30-2017, 07:50 PM
Duncan's passing out of the double team as a rookie :cry

Aldridge is too scared to even survey. He'll pass it right back to the entry passer.... sigh

Pretty much. He was either making a decisive move before the defense can settle or drawing the double team and taking the time to make a good pass.

james evans
05-30-2017, 08:03 PM
yeah so they'd be in the penalty within 4 minutes of each quarter and be in foul trouble all game

I know this much, had one of their players been injured, Curry or Durant wouldnht' have finished that series. Malone is a guy that knocked the hell out of Tomas for torching his pg the PREVIOUS game they had played them hahahha

james evans
05-30-2017, 08:04 PM
you had to watch that video to know this?