PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Mitch Panicked

whitemamba
05-29-2017, 05:11 PM
According to David Stern , he says the lakers could of still got CP0 , if Mitch hadn't panicked, and traded Lamar so quickly. We all know how sensitive and emotional LO is, and according to Mitch , he wanted to be traded. Thoughts on David Stern , and do you buy his story ?

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/news/david-stern-blames-mitch-kupchak-chris-pauls-nixed-trade-lakers-182438325.html

Thread
05-29-2017, 06:12 PM
We stabbed Odom in the back & tossed him into the alley. Then invited losers Paul & Howard into our home. How foolish we were. An absolute catastrophe.

We built Odom up, filled him with teeming pride & boundless confidence. And he produced two NBA Titles back-to-back. It's difficult to even face this disaster.

Shame on us.

IronMexican
05-29-2017, 06:48 PM
He did win 6th man of the year, but had an absolutely awful season with Dallas the very next year.

Still,nothing could be worse that having Howard play as a Laker, even if it was for one year, and The Begging

Thread
05-29-2017, 07:23 PM
He did win 6th man of the year, but had an absolutely awful season with Dallas the very next year.

Still,nothing could be worse that having Howard play as a Laker, even if it was for one year, and The Begging

Paul is no better. (They) just hide his shit more effectively. Watching him go thru his machinations at performance is sickening to behold. The piece a shit.

whitemamba
05-29-2017, 08:08 PM
We stabbed Odom in the back & tossed him into the alley. Then invited losers Paul & Howard into our home. How foolish we were. An absolute catastrophe.

We built Odom up, filled him with teeming pride & boundless confidence. And he produced two NBA Titles back-to-back. It's difficult to even face this disaster.

Shame on us.

Hes back in LA, don't trip.

Thread
05-29-2017, 09:27 PM
Hes back in LA, don't trip.

By forsaking him we destroyed him, Whites. Broke his heart, his spirit, his mind.

jimbo
05-29-2017, 09:31 PM
By forsaking him we destroyed him, Whites. Broke his heart, his spirit, his mind.

don't give yourself the credit. the kardashian broke that ass :lol

whitemamba
05-29-2017, 09:38 PM

He is a grown ass man making millions.I have no sympathy for that.

Thread
05-29-2017, 09:38 PM
don't give yourself the credit. the kardashian broke that ass :lol

Horseshit. He was content and we inexplicably took that contentment and trashed it. He was a winner in a winner's circle. And instead of Kupchak placing his hat in hand and addressing Odom and taking it back after Stern threw it out Kupchak shamelessly brazened it out. Big shot.

Thread
05-29-2017, 09:44 PM
He is a grown ass man making millions.I have no sympathy for that.

Yet (we) treat & accommodate other players as individuals with needs that are precious to them.

What is so tragic is that we had the chance to take it back after Stern vacated the trade. For the 2nd and last time Kupchak fucked it up. Too good to apologize. With a gun you could not have made him apologize and ask that Odom forgive him/Lakers and return to duty. What a stubborn fuckin' man.

It's maddening. I'm so fuckin' upset now I don't know whether I can enjoy my evening.

whitemamba
05-29-2017, 09:45 PM
Yet (we) treat & accommodate other players as individuals with needs that are precious to them.

What is so tragic is that we had the chance to take it back after Stern vacated the trade. For the 2nd and last time Kupchak fucked it up. Too good to apologize. With a gun you could not have made him apologize and ask that Odom forgive him/Lakers and return to duty. What a stubborn fuckin' man.

It's maddening. I'm so fuckin' upset now I don't know whether I can enjoy my evening.

cub, Lamar was demanding a trade, dont you remember? He didnt want to stay here after that whole fiasco.

Thread
05-29-2017, 09:59 PM
cub, Lamar was demanding a trade, dont you remember? He didnt want to stay here after that whole fiasco.

I know. Shit, boy, anybody can give in then, it's easy, Kupchak already fucked it up, so of course he egged him on...get him off property ASAP, out of sight, out of mind. Me? I'd a grabbed some jacks, some timbers and I'd a started back down. How many fucking times have these GM's, these mgmt teams used the old "It's a good thing." when disaster strikes. There was an honest example. It was miracle that Stern gave him back to us. "It was a good thing."

"I ain't trading you. We're gonna sit down and we're gonna talk this out, hammer it out, and we're gonna go on. I did wrong. I fucked up, Lamar. Me. I fucked up. I'm asking you to forgive me. I was gravely mistaken." Too good for that though. Just so easy to goad him to the point where he stalks off and you're off the immediate hook. And shit, MEDIA has never held him, or, us to accounts for that. That subject is verboten. It ain't brought up, it ain't talked about. But, make no mistake, Whites, it's an American tragedy.

P.S., no instead you know what's dropped in every 6 months or so? That idiot Paul ALMOST coming there. The fuckin' guy is a gd loser and they treat him like royalty.

DMC
05-29-2017, 10:54 PM
I know. Shit, boy, anybody can give in then, it's easy, Kupchak already fucked it up, so of course he egged him on...get him off property ASAP, out of sight, out of mind. Me? I'd a grabbed some jacks, some timbers and I'd a started back down. How many fucking times have these GM's, these mgmt teams used the old "It's a good thing." when disaster strikes. There was an honest example. It was miracle that Stern gave him back to us. "It was a good thing."

"I ain't trading you. We're gonna sit down and we're gonna talk this out, hammer it out, and we're gonna go on. I did wrong. I fucked up, Lamar. Me. I fucked up. I'm asking you to forgive me. I was gravely mistaken." Too good for that though. Just so easy to goad him to the point where he stalks off and you're off the immediate hook. And shit, MEDIA has never held him, or, us to accounts for that. That subject is verboten. It ain't brought up, it ain't talked about. But, make no mistake, Whites, it's an American tragedy.

P.S., no instead you know what's dropped in every 6 months or so? That idiot Paul ALMOST coming there. The fuckin' guy is a gd loser and they treat him like royalty.

Dale going straight in sans lube.

At least take some comfort in the fact that the entire crew was tossed overboard from owner down to the ball boy, even if it was after the fact, and you at least have some light up above.

Hate to say it but I'd take Kobe over Magic as the GM. Kobe is a selfish prick, but that could work well in the negotiations room whereas I fear Magic is borderline retarded.

Raven
05-30-2017, 01:08 PM
as if that would have changed anything...

ElNono
05-31-2017, 03:32 AM
Magic president not Mitch

Thread
05-31-2017, 04:31 AM
as if that would have changed anything...

It'd be like,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,uh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,Amy selling Tim out in the middle of the fucking playoffs.

Killakobe81
05-31-2017, 06:23 PM
According to David Stern , he says the lakers could of still got CP0 , if Mitch hadn't panicked, and traded Lamar so quickly. We all know how sensitive and emotional LO is, and according to Mitch , he wanted to be traded. Thoughts on David Stern , and do you buy his story ?

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/news/david-stern-blames-mitch-kupchak-chris-pauls-nixed-trade-lakers-182438325.html

Mitch panicked because Odom relapsed after the trade was announced and vetoed... he made that trade to Dallas as a panic and appeasement move. Odom was devastated.

whitemamba
05-31-2017, 09:07 PM
Mitch panicked because Odom relapsed after the trade waa announced he made that trade to Dallas as a panic and apprasal move. Odom was devastated.

Is it me or to some dudes need to man the fuck up? I love LO dont get me wrong, but shit, your a grown ass man whos been around the league so you should understand the nature of the business.

Thread
05-31-2017, 10:12 PM
Mitch panicked because Odom relapsed after the trade waa announced he made that trade to Dallas as a panic and apprasal move. Odom was devastated.

He knew that Odom was fragile. That was his MO. He knew what that trade was going to do to him and his world. He didn't give a shit though. He had the new CBA on the brain and could think of nothing else except mashing every panic button he could get holt of. & he picks Odom out of the line to trade. After he brilliantly, in association with the Lakers en mass had built Odom from the ground up and had created a Back-to-Back NBA Champion. That dumb hump pissed it all away because he couldn't hold still when all around him was change. Not cyclacle change, but, true structural change. That's when your mettle is tested and Kupchak failed comprehensively.

Thread
05-31-2017, 10:17 PM
Is it me or to some dudes need to man the fuck up? I love LO dont get me wrong, but shit, your a grown ass man whos been around the league so you should understand the nature of the business.

That's ignorant, Whites. I don't treat every poster here with a blanket strategy. I try mightily to take into account that poster's bent, their needs and then accordingly.

That was the time for Kupchak to give and not even deign to trade him. Then he gets the 2nd chance and I'll be a motherfucker if he doesn't step all over that redo and completely alienates Odom. He did that on purpose because of his vanity. He's a shit, a low brow coward. He's beneath contempt, not for the original trade, but, for sabotaging the reclamation of Stern's decision.

I hate him for that.

whitemamba
05-31-2017, 11:14 PM
That's ignorant, Whites. I don't treat every poster here with a blanket strategy. I try mightily to take into account that poster's bent, their needs and then accordingly.

That was the time for Kupchak to give and not even deign to trade him. Then he gets the 2nd chance and I'll be a motherfucker if he doesn't step all over that redo and completely alienates Odom. He did that on purpose because of his vanity. He's a shit, a low brow coward. He's beneath contempt, not for the original trade, but, for sabotaging the reclamation of Stern's decision.

I hate him for that.
He is gone cub, good riddance. He fucked us and now he's a ghost. Let's move on. I understand what he did to Lamar was cold, but it's a business at the end of the day, and players have to stay professional.

Killakobe81
05-31-2017, 11:18 PM
He is gone cub, good riddance. He fucked us and now he's a ghost. Let's move on. I understand what he did to Lamar was cold, but it's a business at the end of the day, and players have to stay professional.

You both make good points ...cully though is being to loyal and sentimental...

whitemamba
05-31-2017, 11:21 PM
You both naje good points ...cully though is being to loyal and sentimental...
I'm not disagreeing with him, but like I said , it's a business. FO people are pretty heartless and stupid sometimes, especially our former guys.

Thread
05-31-2017, 11:50 PM
You both naje good points ...cully though is being to loyal and sentimental...

Kupchak needed to be dynamic there and he was static. It's not sentiment. It's common sense. Kupchak should have empathized. He should have remembered when he signed that huge contract and then proceeded to shred his knee. He was white though, Polish, yes, but, white, after a fashion nonetheless. We treated him like a king, made all sorts of allowances and pity, on & on. Fine. I was in the line too. I've cited him standing there in Boston in '85 crying and talking about that shackled knee at ring. "I'm still 6'10" 250."

Odom? Just some flake, screwin' around with those bozonut Kardasian girls, a rich rendition of Step & Fetchit. Playing that role because he was where he wanted to be, he'd landed and found home once and for all. Had put his time in and learned his trade, made good, hit those 3's in Florida in the '09 one. But, he'd already hit 'em and everyone forgot cept Dale. I never forget.

Instead of Kupchak standing there and letting Odom throw up all over him he took umbrage. Yeah, can you imagine it? Couldn't wait till Odom blew his stack. That was his chance to save his OWN skin, and sell us out. And get this:::Media actually cites the particulars of that trade like it's defensible. Yeah. "Fine, we'll side you here---throw up a bunch of interference, but, we get to take Kobe out into the streets at the right time and beat his ass black & blue. Deal?

"Sure." - Mitch

"Hit me, Lamar. Take your best shots. I ain't goin' nowhere. Tear me up." Then he should have done what that Colonel did who tried to get Santa Ana to see the light in that new Alamo film. When they finally caught up to him at the end he faced it. Turned to the Texans and crossed his arms over his chest and took it. That's what Kupchak should have done. "When you're done, Lamar, return to practice cause we're gonna go on---together."

What an unmitigated waste of a human being.

Killakobe81
06-02-2017, 08:13 AM
Kupchak needed to be dynamic there and he was static. It's not sentiment. It's common sense. Kupchak should have empathized. He should have remembered when he signed that huge contract and then proceeded to shred his knee. He was white though, Polish, yes, but, white, after a fashion nonetheless. We treated him like a king, made all sorts of allowances and pity, on & on. Fine. I was in the line too. I've cited him standing there in Boston in '85 crying and talking about that shackled knee at ring. "I'm still 6'10" 250."

Odom? Just some flake, screwin' around with those bozonut Kardasian girls, a rich rendition of Step & Fetchit. Playing that role because he was where he wanted to be, he'd landed and found home once and for all. Had put his time in and learned his trade, made good, hit those 3's in Florida in the '09 one. But, he'd already hit 'em and everyone forgot cept Dale. I never forget.

Instead of Kupchak standing there and letting Odom throw up all over him he took umbrage. Yeah, can you imagine it? Couldn't wait till Odom blew his stack. That was his chance to save his OWN skin, and sell us out. And get this:::Media actually cites the particulars of that trade like it's defensible. Yeah. "Fine, we'll side you here---throw up a bunch of interference, but, we get to take Kobe out into the streets at the right time and beat his ass black & blue. Deal?

"Sure." - Mitch

"Hit me, Lamar. Take your best shots. I ain't goin' nowhere. Tear me up." Then he should have done what that Colonel did who tried to get Santa Ana to see the light in that new Alamo film. When they finally caught up to him at the end he faced it. Turned to the Texans and crossed his arms over his chest and took it. That's what Kupchak should have done. "When you're done, Lamar, return to practice cause we're gonna go on---together."

What an unmitigated waste of a human being.

Great response and i agree Mitched screwed the pooch ...should have allowed Odom some time to grieve ...but Lamar also needs to take accountability for his life he wasted plenty of his talent and life both before and after that trade.

Put rookie odom in this draft and he is easily the best natural talent same as the last 3 i am not sure even Towns porzy etc would be a better prospect much less Fultz or Ball.

Im hearing Deniro in Bronx Tale bemoaning "wasted talent" ...you see that one Cully? Great flick

Thread
06-02-2017, 10:03 AM
Great response and i agree Mitched screwed the pooch ...should have allowed Odom some time to grieve ...but Lamar also needs to take accountability for his life he wasted plenty of his talent and life both before and after that trade.

Put rookie odom in this draft and he is easily the best natural talent same as the last 3 i am not sure even Towns porzy etc would be a better prospect much less Fultz or Ball.

Im lime Deniro in Bronx Tale bemoaning "wasted talent" ...you see that one Cully? Great flick

...until it's gets into the racial area then it goes to hell in a hand basket. + the mother disappears about 2/3 the way thru it and she had a place in that film. Then the ending is quaint as the kid's future is assured by [Pesci] at the coffin. Please. He may have slipped him some dough, but, he ain't going to babysit him for eternity.

And the racial bent. (Sonny) would have never in a million years sanctioned that kid's relationship with that black girl. No fucking way.
The pummeling of the motorcycle gang is comic book shit and it could have been superlative.

But, it had moments:

-(Sonny) driving backwards,
-DeNiro sitting with the kid in the nose bleeds while the kid wants to sit ringside with (Sonny).
-(Sonny) lecturing the kid about the other kid owing him money and avoiding him. It's a great lesson and I've used it many times since then.
-The difference & debate between wife & DeNiro over him working for Sonny on the bus line running numbers up the route. It was refreshing to see the woman take that tact.
-Aaron Neville's "Tell It Like It is" on the street with the neighborhood girls. The sequence is produced & executed with quality & precision. It's a high point in this film. Run the song without the video and it's bereft & barren. With the video it's everything.

Killakobe81
06-02-2017, 11:33 AM
...until it's gets into the racial area then it goes to hell in a hand basket. + the mother disappears about 2/3 the way thru it and she had a place in that film. Then the ending is quaint as the kid's future is assured by [Pesci] at the coffin. Please. He may have slipped him some dough, but, he ain't going to babysit him for eternity.

And the racial bent. (Sonny) would have never in a million years sanctioned that kid's relationship with that black girl. No fucking way.
The pummeling of the motorcycle gang is comic book shit and it could have been superlative.

But, it had moments:

-(Sonny) driving backwards,
-DeNiro sitting with the kid in the nose bleeds while the kid wants to sit ringside with (Sonny).
-(Sonny) lecturing the kid about the other kid owing him money and avoiding him. It's a great lesson and I've used it many times since then.
-The difference & debate between wife & DeNiro over him working for Sonny on the bus line running numbers up the route. It was refreshing to see the woman take that tact.
-Aaron Neville's "Tell It Like It is" on the street with the neighborhood girls. The sequence is produced & executed with quality & precision. It's a high point in this film. Run the song without the video and it's bereft & barren. With the video it's everything.

It has its faults but i do buy that Sonny would sanction the black chick, but not as wifey ...look at what he said with the lights off under the covers etc. NO ONE CARES plus he said she just maybe one of the great ones ... She passed his test ...if C would have said he wanted to marry a colored girl preety sure he responds differently...
Also love the scene when young C goes to confession ... great stuff.

Thread
06-02-2017, 12:28 PM
It has its faults but i do buy that Sonny would sanction the black chick, but not as wifey ...look at what he said with the lights off under the covers etc. NO ONE CARES plus he said she just maybe one of the great ones ... She passed his test ...if C would have said he wanted to marry a colored girl preety sure he responds differently...
Also love the scene when young C goes to confession ... great stuff.

In the early '60's, in NYC? No, it wouldn't even be perceived as >wrong< (to forbid such a relationship) by Sonny and most importantly his circle & crew.

'C' actor murdered someone I believe and ended up in prison.

DMC
06-02-2017, 01:57 PM
People in here be like:

ZAAKPJEq1Ew

:lol which one is Dale? Grandpa Jones?

Killakobe81
06-02-2017, 02:01 PM
In the early '60's, in NYC? No, it wouldn't even be perceived as >wrong< (to forbid such a relationship) by Sonny and most importantly his circle & crew.

'C' actor murdered someone I believe and ended up in prison.

He didnt listen to DeNiro and wasted his talent... he had a brief stint on the Sopranos before he bottomed out.

Thread
06-02-2017, 09:37 PM
He didnt listen to DeNiro and wasted his talent... he had a brief stint on the Sopranos before he bottomed out.

Back to the film, Killa:::The C character (as the older child) is spoiled and I found this agitating.

Sonny divides C's gang as good & bad. Everyone but C is bad. It's too quaint & self serving.

Killakobe81
06-03-2017, 08:34 AM
Back to the film, Killa:::The C character (as the older child) is spoiled and I found this agitating.

Sonny divides C's gang as good & bad. Everyone but C is bad. It's too quaint & self serving.

Well it was adapted from a stage play and those tend to to be quaint by nature ...
I dont think he was saying C was good ...as he told the dad he wanted C to get two educations one on the street and the other in school so he could be twice as smart. Dividing him from the crew was also srlf serving they tauggt him bullshit like?the Mario test ...a low brow version of Sonnys test. The way i see it he was trying to Mold C ...and near the climax when he runs from the fire both father's messages are what drives him but it was Sonny that saved his life...