PDA

View Full Version : The way-too-early NFL predictions...

DD
05-30-2017, 11:36 AM
...cause I'm bored. Final regular season standings:

AFC East:

1. New England Patriots
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Buffalo Bills
4. New York Jets

AFC North:

1. Baltimore Ravens
2. Pittsburgh Steelers*
3. Cincinnati Bengals
4. Cleveland Browns

AFC South:

1. Houston Texans
2. Tennessee Titans*
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC West:

1. Denver Broncos
2. Kansas City Chiefs
3. Oakland Raiders
4. Los Angeles Chargers

NFC East:

1. New York Giants
2. Dallas Cowboys*
3. Philadelphia Eagles
4. Washington Redskins

NFC Norris:

1. Green Bay Packers
2. Minnesota Vikings
3. Detroit Lions
4. Chicago Bears

NFC South:

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2. Atlanta Falcons*
3. New Orleans Saints
4. Carolina Panthers

NFC West:

1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. San Francisco 49ers
4. Los Angeles Rams

The Gemini Method
05-30-2017, 11:46 AM
Seems legit. I would have the Raiders winning the AFC West. What do the asterisks mean?

AFC East:

1. New England Patriots
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Buffalo Bills
4. New York Jets

AFC North:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers*
2. Baltimore Ravens
3. Cincinnati Bengals
4. Cleveland Browns

AFC South:

1. Tennessee Titans*
2. Indianapolis Colts
3. Houston Texans
4. Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC West:

1. Oakland/Vegas Raiders
2. Denver Broncos
3. Kansas City Chiefs
4. Los Angeles Chargers

NFC East:

1. New York Giants
2. Dallas Cowboys*
3. Washington Redskins
4. Philadelphia Eagles

NFC Norris:

1. Green Bay Packers
2. Minnesota Vikings
3. Detroit Lions
4. Chicago Bears

NFC South:

1. Atlanta Falcons
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3. Carolina Panthers
4. New Orleans Saints

NFC West:

1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. Los Angeles Rams
4. San Francisco 49ers

Patriots vs. Seattle Seahawks and the Seahawks fail to run the ball from the 1 again and Richard Sherman catches a case by murdering Russell Wilson for throwing another pick to Malcolm Butler.

monosylab1k
05-30-2017, 12:03 PM
AFC East:

1. Patriots
2. Bills
3. Dolphins
4. Jets

AFC North:

1. Steelers
2. Bengals
3. Ravens
4. Browns

AFC South:

1. Colts
2. Texans*
3. Titans
4. Jaguars

AFC West:

1. Raiders
2. Broncos*
3. Chargers
4. Chiefs

NFC East:

1. Giants
2. Cowboys
3. Eagles
4. Redskins

NFC North:

1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Vikings
4. Bears

NFC South:

1. Bucs
2. Panthers*
3. Falcons
4. Saints

NFC West:

1. Cardinals
2. Seahawks*
3. 49ers
4. Rams

Super Bowl: Giants vs Patriots (dear god anything but this)

spurraider21
05-30-2017, 12:09 PM
Seems legit. I would have the Raiders winning the AFC West. What do the asterisks mean?
wildcard

UNT Eagles 2016
05-30-2017, 12:14 PM
Broncos #1 is badly incorrect, they're the worst team in the division as it stands today... aging roster, major FA losses, no legit QB until Lynch grows but that's at least a year away... they should be last place at around 7-9 this year.

Also, putting Arizona in the playoff picture, much less better than Seattle, is shooting too much dope. This isn't 2015. Their old QB is barely top-25 these days and their defense just had a free agency mass exodus (lost many of their best players, too).

UNT Eagles 2016
05-30-2017, 12:33 PM
I ran all the regular season games w/reasonable predictions one-by-one and got this:

AFC East:

1. Patriots 12-4
2. Dolphins 8-8
3. Bills 3-13
4. Jets 1-15

AFC North:

1. Steelers 10-6
2. Ravens* 10-6
3. Bengals 9-7
4. Browns 3-13

AFC South:

1. Titans 9-7
2. Colts 9-7
3. Jaguars 4-12
4. Texans 3-13

AFC West:

1. Raiders 11-5
2. Chiefs* 10-6
3. Chargers 9-7
4. Broncos 8-8

NFC East:

1. Cowboys 11-5
2. Giants* 11-5
3. Eagles* 11-5
4. Redskins 9-7

NFC North:

1. Packers 12-4
2. Vikings 7-9
3. Lions 6-10
4. Bears 3-13

NFC South:

1. Falcons 11-5
2. Buccaneers 11-5
3. Panthers 10-6
4. Saints 8-8

NFC West:

1. Seahawks 13-3
2. Cardinals 9-7
3. 49ers 3-13
4. Rams 2-14

Super Bowl: Cowboys @ Patriots

Avante
06-01-2017, 01:47 PM
In a few days LINDY'S 2017 PRO FOOTBALL....mag hits the newsstands. They rank the teams giving all the positions a score then adding it up and we get a score for all the teams. See what they come up with vs what you guys have. Keep in mind they are in the business of knowing the game and been at it a long time.

Now before some rookie....a magazine, hahaha~~~......trust me you wouldn't make a zit on their butt if it came to knowledge of the game.

spurraider21
06-01-2017, 02:22 PM
In a few days LINDY'S 2017 PRO FOOTBALL....mag hits the newsstands. They rank the teams giving all the positions a score then adding it up and we get a score for all the teams. See what they come up with vs what you guys have. Keep in mind they are in the business of knowing the game and been at it a long time.

Now before some rookie....a magazine, hahaha~~~......trust me you wouldn't make a zit on their butt if it came to knowledge of the game.and their 2016 prediction had the Arizona Cardinals beating the Cincinnati Bengals in the superbowl

:lmao two teams that didn't even make the playoffs

monosylab1k
06-01-2017, 02:46 PM
and their 2016 prediction had the Arizona Cardinals beating the Cincinnati Bengals in the superbowl

:lmao

Darth_Pelican
06-01-2017, 05:18 PM
and their 2016 prediction had the Arizona Cardinals beating the Cincinnati Bengals in the superbowl

:lmao

Clipper Nation
06-01-2017, 05:27 PM

:lmao They also predicted a Ravens-Packers Super Bowl in both 2014 and 2015.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-01-2017, 07:16 PM

I had both teams missing the playoffs, you can check my predictions, they weren't too far off tbh. I had the Cards a little better than they were and the Bungles 8-8, everyone looked at me like I was stupid. As it turns out, yes I was stupid, because I had them both far better than they actually were. :lol

Big thing I missed was the Raiders making the playoffs and the Panthers being lousy.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-01-2017, 07:19 PM
:lmao They also predicted a Ravens-Packers Super Bowl in both 2014 and 2015.

:lol green gay pukers
:lol erin "cuck" munn dodgers
:lol puke and piss jerseys
:lol dilapidated old stadium
:lol city of 30k calls themselves big enough for an NFL team
:lol old ugly hick fanbase

monosylab1k
06-01-2017, 07:49 PM
:lol green gay pukers
:lol erin "cuck" munn dodgers
:lol puke and piss jerseys
:lol dilapidated old stadium
:lol city of 30k calls themselves big enough for an NFL team
:lol old ugly hick fanbase

http://www.kappit.com/img/pics/201701_2011_fbhgc_sm.jpg

Silver&Black
06-01-2017, 08:20 PM
NFC South:

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2. Atlanta Falcons*
3. New Orleans Saints
4. Carolina Panthers

My nigga

NFC South:

1. Bucs
2. Panthers*
3. Falcons
4. Saints

My nigga

Will Hunting
06-01-2017, 08:51 PM
:cry Dez still caught it :cry

Avante
06-01-2017, 09:20 PM
I do get a kick out of the little people, they work so hard at it, hahahaha~~~~

I am holding in my hand the 2017 Lindy's Pro Football mag. Every player on a roster has a write up. Every rookie a write up. Every team is broke down and totally disected. I'm learning things even I didn't know.....I didn't think that was possible.

It will take me about a week to add all this to my memory banks.

They rank the QB's

1.Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers.....10
3.Big Ben/Drew Brees/Matt Ryan....9.0
7.Russell Wilson/Derek Carr/Matthew Stafford/Andrew Luck/Philip Rivers....8.5

Top Teams

1.NE 74.0
2.Dallas 72.0
3.Atlanta 71.0
4.Pitt 69.5
5.Arizona 69.0
6.Seattle 68.5
7.Oakland/TB 68.0

Those at 68.0 and above.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-01-2017, 09:48 PM
Can't wait to bump this

Clipper Nation
06-01-2017, 09:51 PM
I do get a kick out of the little people
We know. Everyone in Olongapo knows too.

Avante
06-01-2017, 11:58 PM
We know. Everyone in Olongapo knows too.

Tell us all again about how Tom Savage (who will be on the bench before Turkeyday) is the best QB in Texas.

Dude, you're an idiot.

AlexJones
06-02-2017, 12:17 AM
Why the hell are the patriots just +275 to win the conference? These mofos are gunning for 6

unleashbaynes
06-03-2017, 12:58 PM

It was a catch, damn it!

Chris
06-03-2017, 05:21 PM
Superbowl
Cowboys: 77
AFC Opponent (doesn't matter): 3 (maybe 0)

UNT Eagles 2016
06-04-2017, 03:39 PM
I do get a kick out of the little people, they work so hard at it, hahahaha~~~~

I am holding in my hand the 2017 Lindy's Pro Football mag. Every player on a roster has a write up. Every rookie a write up. Every team is broke down and totally disected. I'm learning things even I didn't know.....I didn't think that was possible.

It will take me about a week to add all this to my memory banks.

They rank the QB's

1.Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers.....10
3.Big Ben/Drew Brees/Matt Ryan....9.0
7.Russell Wilson/Derek Carr/Matthew Stafford/Andrew Luck/Philip Rivers....8.5

Top Teams

1.NE 74.0
2.Dallas 72.0
3.Atlanta 71.0
4.Pitt 69.5
5.Arizona 69.0
6.Seattle 68.5
7.Oakland/TB 68.0

Those at 68.0 and above.

Luck and Rivers are too high, and Arizona is WAY too high.

Replace Arizona with GB, Luck/Rivers with Prescott/Winston and it makes sense.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-05-2017, 08:22 AM
GB is done. They have absolutely no defense.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-05-2017, 09:21 AM
GB is done. They have absolutely no defense.

Aaron Rodgers > a defense though. As much as I hate him.

I think their defense would look better if their offense was more ball control instead of Rodgers always making the big play. They still have an outstanding safety tandem... good NT, do-it-all Clay Matthews at OLB. The problem is their question marks at corner and ILB.

Meanwhile, Arizona lost literally half of their starting defense to free agency. And they had zero offense last season because their QB is old and broken and their OL sucks. David Johnson is legit but everyone else is old and/or crappy.

Robz4000
06-05-2017, 02:01 PM
AFC East:
Pats
Dolphins
Bills
Jets

AFC North:
Steelers
Ravens*
Bengals
Browns

AFC South:
Texans
Titans*
Colts
Jags

AFC West:
Raiders
Chiefs
Broncos
Chargers

NFC East:
Cowboys
Giants*
Redskins
Eagles

NFC North:
Packers
Lions
Vikings
Bears

NFC South:
Bucs
Falcons*
Saints
Panthers

NFC West:
Seacucks
Rams
Cardinals
Niners

Clipper Nation
06-05-2017, 03:18 PM
Aaron Rodgers > a defense though. As much as I hate him.

I think their defense would look better if their offense was more ball control instead of Rodgers always making the big play. They still have an outstanding safety tandem... good NT, do-it-all Clay Matthews at OLB. The problem is their question marks at corner and ILB.

Meanwhile, Arizona lost literally half of their starting defense to free agency. And they had zero offense last season because their QB is old and broken and their OL sucks. David Johnson is legit but everyone else is old and/or crappy.
As great as Rodgers is (and he's the best quarterback on the planet by a country mile), even he can't cover up the stench of that D:lolm Capers defense in the playoffs.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-05-2017, 08:03 PM
As great as Rodgers is (and he's the best quarterback on the planet by a country mile), even he can't cover up the stench of that D:lolm Capers defense in the playoffs.
Capers won them a title in 2010 when their offense shit the bed in the NFC title game, and almost won them the 2014 NFC title game but they lost on special teams and offense didn't really help much either that game, granted Seattle defense is great

The problem with the current Packers defense is not Capers, it's that the Packers completely neglect ILB like those positions are worthless, and they refuse to invest much in corner either.

I still think the Packers go 12-4 in the regular season. Offense wins regular season games.

Holden_Caulfield
06-05-2017, 11:34 PM
damn no respek for my jags :cry

spurraider21
06-06-2017, 12:08 AM
https://www.playerprofiler.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/blake-bortles-jaguars.png

UNT Eagles 2016
06-06-2017, 01:08 PM

Trade for Garoppolo or something then you might have a case

benefactor
06-07-2017, 06:05 AM
https://www.playerprofiler.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/blake-bortles-jaguars.png
Basically

UNT Eagles 2016
06-07-2017, 10:59 AM
The Colts have a slightly better QB, while the Titans have a good QB and an overall better offense (running game)... Hmmmmmm

I for one think Luck is overrated and Mariota is destined to pass him, by next year or so

RGMCSE
06-11-2017, 08:05 PM
I understand the Bortles issue. But having a revamped oline, a beast fullback and switching from a zone blocking scheme to a gap scheme is going to do wonders for the offense. Plus there're stacked with WRs. Fournette changes the entire dynamic of the team. The defense was 6th overall and got better with Campbell and AJ Bouye plus drafted players. Most importantly that clown of a coach is gone. Finally I think the jags will be ready to compete. I wouldn't be surprised if the jags blow out the Texans game one.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-11-2017, 09:49 PM
I understand the Bortles issue. But having a revamped oline, a beast fullback and switching from a zone blocking scheme to a gap scheme is going to do wonders for the offense. Plus there're stacked with WRs. Fournette changes the entire dynamic of the team. The defense was 6th overall and got better with Campbell and AJ Bouye plus drafted players. Most importantly that clown of a coach is gone. Finally I think the jags will be ready to compete. I wouldn't be surprised if the jags blow out the Texans game one.
What revamped oline?

What "stacked" with WRs? None of them are anything you'd call elite.

I like Fournette, but is he really THAT much better than Yeldon?

I like your defense, but Campbell is old and washed up and Bouye is just a guy who fed off the best front 7 in the league. Myles Jack starting on the second level would be a good thing.

4-12, maybe 5-11.

RGMCSE
06-12-2017, 09:37 PM
What revamped oline?

What "stacked" with WRs? None of them are anything you'd call elite.

I like Fournette, but is he really THAT much better than Yeldon?

I like your defense, but Campbell is old and washed up (http://www.nfl.com/player/calaiscampbell/744/careerstats)and Bouye is just a guy who fed off the best front 7 in the league. Myles Jack starting on the second level would be a good thing.

4-12, maybe 5-11.

Bro teams actually improve. The Jags are not the same team. The defense is already top 10. Between Calais, Malik and Ngaque they had 24 sacks last season alone. I think AJ will be ok next to Ramsey. The one thing I think most naysayers will be surprised about is the running game. The Jags are not fucking around with the run game. Limit bortles attemps and run fournette behind the fullback into the gap scheme. The oline's primary concern will be run blocking. This is a Tom Coughlin built style. Run the ball, stout defense and take shots down field for the haymaker.

Campbell is old and washed up (http://www.nfl.com/player/calaiscampbell/744/careerstats)

UNT Eagles 2016
06-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Bro teams actually improve. The Jags are not the same team. The defense is already top 10. Between Calais, Malik and Ngaque they had 24 sacks last season alone. I think AJ will be ok next to Ramsey. The one thing I think most naysayers will be surprised about is the running game. The Jags are not fucking around with the run game. Limit bortles attemps and run fournette behind the fullback into the gap scheme. The oline's primary concern will be run blocking. This is a Tom Coughlin built style. Run the ball, stout defense and take shots down field for the haymaker.

Campbell is old and washed up (http://www.nfl.com/player/calaiscampbell/744/careerstats)
Scheme is one thing, the OL just sucks because of personnel

RGMCSE
06-12-2017, 11:16 PM
Scheme is one thing, the OL just sucks because of personnel

Dude stop hating. You literally do not know what this oline will do. They are going to be a run block first oline. This is not what it has been since MJD. The Jags Run the ball and hard nose defense will be back and they're aint shit you can do about it.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-12-2017, 11:22 PM
Dude stop hating. You literally do not know what this oline will do. They are going to be a run block first oline. This is not what it has been since MJD. The Jags Run the ball and hard nose defense will be back and they're aint shit you can do about it.

If they start to get success on the ground you just go 8 in the box and force a guy who can't pass to pass to average-at-best receivers. Easy

I'll give you the Jets, Rams, Bengals (home), 49ers and one of the Texans games. That's 5 wins. Might be too generous.

RGMCSE
06-12-2017, 11:28 PM
If they start to get success on the ground you just go 8 in the box and force a guy who can't pass to pass to average-at-best receivers. Easy

I'll give you the Jets, Rams, Bengals (home), 49ers and one of the Texans games. That's 5 wins. Might be too generous.

Arob, Hurns and Lee are not average. Arob is a probowler and Hurns is a playmaker. Lee has #1 talent. This shit is going to be good! Bring on Houston.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-12-2017, 11:33 PM
Arob, Hurns and Lee are not average. Arob is a probowler and Hurns is a playmaker. Lee has #1 talent. This shit is going to be good! Bring on Houston.

I think you'll do better than houston. 2013 like season for the standings, except maybe the Titans finish slightly ahead of the Colts (maybe -- they'll both be likely around .500 or slightly better)

I think Houston goes 3-13... Savage is trash and their young guy is very raw, not polished straight out of school like Wilson or Prescott. Front 7 keeps them in games but their offense goes nowhere and they can't close.

Bortles is trash and those receivers you listed are average NFL talent. Yeah they'd school the pot heads at the park in a pick up 4-on-4 game of 2 hand touch but that's NFL talent for you. Allen Robinson is not reliable, he had 1 good year and fell off last year. Hurns is a late round pick. They're... average. Not bad but... average. And their QB is way below.

spurraider21
06-12-2017, 11:47 PM
meh, if jaguars were going to make a leap, it was supposed to be last year. calais is awesome, but he's not going to turn the franchise around. they need bortles to reinvent himself if they want to take a significant step forward.

Ditty
06-13-2017, 01:00 AM
AFC East:
1. New England Patriots
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Buffalo Bills
4. New York Jets

AFC North:
1. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Baltimore Ravens
3. Cincinnati Bengals
4. Cleveland Browns

AFC South:
1. Tennessee Titans
2. Houston Texans
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC West:
1. Oakland Raiders
2. Kansas City Chiefs
3. Denver Broncos
4. Los Angeles Chargers

Chiefs over Titans
Steelers over Ravens

Pats over Chiefs
Raiders over Steelers

Pats over Raiders

NFC East:
1. Dallas Cowboys
2. Washington Redskins
3. New York Giants
4. Philadelphia Eagles

NFC North:
1. Green Bay Packers
2. Minnesota Vikings
3. Detroit Lions
4. Chicago Bears

NFC South:
1. Atlanta Falcons
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3. Carolina Panthers
4. New Orleans Saints

NFC West:
1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. LA Rams
4. San Francisco 49ers

Falcons over Redskins
Packers over Bucs

Cowboys over Packers
Seahawks over Falcons

Seahawks over Cowboys

Superbowl: Pats over Seahawks

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-13-2017, 10:53 AM
The Jags have great weapons. Three good receivers (one elite, two above average) and an elite running back (in my opinion). I can see them finally breaking out - but they are going to have to prove it before they get the respect that their fans want. Just like how Carolina did.

Bortles is the X-factor. He looked promising a couple years ago - but now its put up or shut up. We'll see. His problem is that the QB's in his division are trending up when he's trending down - even the rookie Watson is getting more respect from the media in the AFC South. That's a big part of the lack of respect for Jacksonville.

RGMCSE
06-13-2017, 12:25 PM
I think you'll do better than houston. 2013 like season for the standings, except maybe the Titans finish slightly ahead of the Colts (maybe -- they'll both be likely around .500 or slightly better)

I think Houston goes 3-13... Savage is trash and their young guy is very raw, not polished straight out of school like Wilson or Prescott. Front 7 keeps them in games but their offense goes nowhere and they can't close.

Bortles is trash and those receivers you listed are average NFL talent. Yeah they'd school the pot heads at the park in a pick up 4-on-4 game of 2 hand touch but that's NFL talent for you. Allen Robinson is not reliable, he had 1 good year and fell off last year. Hurns is a late round pick. They're... average. Not bad but... average. And their QB is way below.

Honestly I think some of you guys on here are a little out of touch when it comes to the AFC South. It's almost like I'm reading a national media rag ITT. The colts will be trash this year. I have them finishing last. They've drafted poorly and luck is broken down already. Not to mention they're oline is the poorest in the league. They can't protect Luck and he's the only thing they have. Here's my prediction for the afc south

Titans
Jaguars
texans
colts.

spurraider21
06-13-2017, 12:37 PM
Or you've just always been a big homer :lol

benefactor
06-13-2017, 02:29 PM
Savage will surprise people. I don't think he's the guy but he'll be steady and the defense will again be elite. I think Foreman will make a pretty big impact immediately in the run game.

RGMCSE
06-13-2017, 04:36 PM
Or you've just always been a big homer :lol

Haha I believe damnit!

RGMCSE
06-13-2017, 04:36 PM
Savage will surprise people. I don't think he's the guy but he'll be steady and the defense will again be elite. I think Foreman will make a pretty big impact immediately in the run game.

I like foreman. I was not happy to see him go to the Texans.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-13-2017, 09:00 PM
Jags and Texans fans, sorry but there's no getting around the fact that the most important position in football, head, shoulders, and chest, is quarterback.

Let's use the Cowboys in 2014, 2015, and 2016 as example. World-renowned running game, line, great receivers, average at worst defense.

Which of those years did they go from winning 12 games to winning only 4? Oh right... and then after they fix that albatross it's back up to 12, make it 13 wins.

As for Savage, he's not better than Schaub who led them to two comeback wins in the first two games in 2013 and then...... the bottom fell out. That's what I expect to happen this year.

benefactor
06-14-2017, 06:19 AM
Of course he's not better than Schaub. People seem to have a short memory when it comes to him. 2009 Matt Schaub might take this team to a Superbowl.

RGMCSE
06-14-2017, 11:00 AM
Jags and Texans fans, sorry but there's no getting around the fact that the most important position in football, head, shoulders, and chest, is quarterback.

Let's use the Cowboys in 2014, 2015, and 2016 as example. World-renowned running game, line, great receivers, average at worst defense.

Which of those years did they go from winning 12 games to winning only 4? Oh right... and then after they fix that albatross it's back up to 12, make it 13 wins.

As for Savage, he's not better than Schaub who led them to two comeback wins in the first two games in 2013 and then...... the bottom fell out. That's what I expect to happen this year.

Dude you are talking down to us from the clouds bro. Calm down with your cowboy arrogance. Your team is nice but they are not the top dog. The patriots are. I could understand the arrogance if I was talking to a pats fan but damn relax. I think you better keep on eye on Dak in his sophomore year. That's usually when young qbs really struggle. I think dak will be fine because his offense is set. But you got your own shit to worry about.

spurraider21
06-14-2017, 12:13 PM
Of course he's not better than Schaub. People seem to have a short memory when it comes to him. 2009 Matt Schaub might take this team to a Superbowl.
yeah, during the schaub era the texans were always known to have a great offense but historically awful defense. then wade phillips came in and took care of the D right when schaub was declining :lol

benefactor
06-14-2017, 12:24 PM
yeah, during the schaub era the texans were always known to have a great offense but historically awful defense. then wade phillips came in and took care of the D right when schaub was declining :lol
Houston football has been doing that since the Oilers days tbh

Chinook
06-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Think the Ravens can be really good this year. The Young injury hurts, but they kept Webb and drafted Marlon, so that should help cover. Feel like their talent level is similar to 2012, though their chemistry and experience is lacking. They can beat anyone right now, but they can also lose 10 games again. Probably won't know who they are until like Week 12.

I've really liked Tampa's drafts for a while. Dunno if I believe in Koetter, but I could see them winning their division pretty easily.

spurraider21
06-14-2017, 03:36 PM
Think the Ravens can be really good this year. The Young injury hurts, but they kept Webb and drafted Marlon, so that should help cover. Feel like their talent level is similar to 2012, though their chemistry and experience is lacking. They can beat anyone right now, but they can also lose 10 games again. Probably won't know who they are until like Week 12.

I've really liked Tampa's drafts for a while. Dunno if I believe in Koetter, but I could see them winning their division pretty easily.I still see Baltimore has a 9-7ish team. Maclin will help the offense, but I'm skeptical of him being a WR1. He's only had two 1000 yard seasons, one of which was under a heavily inflated Chip Kelly system. I like him as a fit with Flacco, though.

I also don't know that they can run the ball.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-14-2017, 10:57 PM

Back when Andre Johnson was arguably the best receiver in football.

The Falcons have today's version of Andre Johnson in case Matt Ryan gets hurt, so Schaub is in the perfect situation right now. 2013 Texans with old/injured Johnson, rookie Hopkins, nothing after that, no running game, no line... was a bad example. As was the 2014 Raiders who didn't have a team yet.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-14-2017, 11:01 PM
I still see Baltimore has a 9-7ish team. Maclin will help the offense, but I'm skeptical of him being a WR1. He's only had two 1000 yard seasons, one of which was under a heavily inflated Chip Kelly system. I like him as a fit with Flacco, though.

I have baltimore as 10-6 but 9-7 is a possibility. Think the AFC North will rebound because they play the one-trick-pony NFC North this year as well as the below average AFC South.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-14-2017, 11:04 PM
Dude you are talking down to us from the clouds bro. Calm down with your cowboy arrogance. Your team is nice but they are not the top dog. The patriots are. I could understand the arrogance if I was talking to a pats fan but damn relax. I think you better keep on eye on Dak in his sophomore year. That's usually when young qbs really struggle. I think dak will be fine because his offense is set. But you got your own shit to worry about.

Cowboys are arguably top dog in the NFC. #1 in the regular season last year, ran into the worst opponent at the worst time and even then required some fluke luck and bad officiating against the league's most pampered player to go one and done.

You can argue the Falcons but they're historically inconsistent. Think back to 2012... everyone thought they'd be better bring back the band and adding Steven Jackson, right? 4-12... bam. I don't think they'll fall that far but anything from 8 to 11 wins is likely this year for Atlanta. That division is pretty stacked especially on offense.

Chinook
06-15-2017, 08:12 AM
I still see Baltimore has a 9-7ish team. Maclin will help the offense, but I'm skeptical of him being a WR1. He's only had two 1000 yard seasons, one of which was under a heavily inflated Chip Kelly system. I like him as a fit with Flacco, though.

They keep hemorrhaging linemen. Yanda's starting to show his age, and there's no one else on the line with more than a season's worth of starting experience. That's scary. They have the talent at RB to be a good ground team. But the OL is by far the shakiest unit right now.

DPG21920
06-16-2017, 12:19 PM
Chargers win AFC West. Rivers finally has a stacked offense with weapons to truly work with and they don't blow the close games they did last year.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-16-2017, 07:03 PM
Chargers win AFC West. Rivers finally has a stacked offense with weapons to truly work with and they don't blow the close games they did last year.

They're still soft on defense and their offensive line is still one of the worst in the league. Give Lamp a couple years I guess. But by then Rivers will be a couple years older.

I think the Chargers can go 9-7. Denver will be below that, and KC is one of those... who knows? teams. But Oakland is by far the best team in the division and added a legit bell cow with a chip on his shoulder.

DPG21920
06-16-2017, 07:45 PM
They're still soft on defense and their offensive line is still one of the worst in the league. Give Lamp a couple years I guess. But by then Rivers will be a couple years older.

I think the Chargers can go 9-7. Denver will be below that, and KC is one of those... who knows? teams. But Oakland is by far the best team in the division and added a legit bell cow with a chip on his shoulder.

That's why this thread is basically hot takes. Its not supposed to be obvious. I'm a believer in both Gordon and Rivers. If they stay healthy that offense will beast.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-16-2017, 10:47 PM
That's why this thread is basically hot takes. Its not supposed to be obvious. I'm a believer in both Gordon and Rivers. If they stay healthy that offense will beast.

Gordon is average. Rivers is Romo for all practical purposes. Always willing to take risks to make the big play.

Robz4000
06-17-2017, 12:36 AM

Chargers have been blowing close games their entire existence. That will never change.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-17-2017, 10:13 AM
Chargers have been blowing close games their entire existence. That will never change.

See you boys week one, babycakes

Robz4000
06-17-2017, 10:24 AM
See you boys week one, babycakes

Win-win for me. Another blemish on Cum's shoddy body of work or one step closer to another top draft pick.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-17-2017, 01:28 PM
Win-win for me. Another blemish on Cum's shoddy body of work or one step closer to another top draft pick.

The latter obviously. Niners may very well be in for another 2-14 this year. Once they get their QB in the draft, they'll be better.

AlexJones
07-09-2017, 03:34 AM
Steelers -110 to win their division is a gift IMO. Just need to fade a Roethlisberger injury.

AlexJones
07-09-2017, 03:36 AM
1. Patriots

2. Steelers
3. Falcons
4. Cowboys

5. Raiders
6. Seahawks
7. Packers
8. Chiefs
9. Broncos
10. Titans

UNT Eagles 2016
07-09-2017, 04:04 AM
1. Patriots

2. Steelers
3. Falcons
4. Cowboys

5. Raiders
6. Seahawks
7. Packers
8. Chiefs
9. Broncos
10. Titanswe have conferences for a reason.

Also..... Denver is nowhere near a top 10 team.

Steelers will be in the playoff mix for sure but #2 overall is too high.

AlexJones
07-09-2017, 05:55 AM
we have conferences for a reason.

Also..... Denver is nowhere near a top 10 team.

Steelers will be in the playoff mix for sure but #2 overall is too high.

Pittsburgh's defense is way underrated imo. And they have more offensive weapons than anyone in the league. I can't take either the Falcons or the Cowboys over them. And don't tell me you'd take NY Giants over Denver

AlexJones
07-09-2017, 06:02 AM
Cowboys over 9.5 games -129 (2 units)
Bears over 5.5 games +125
Bucs under 8.5 games +100
Giants under 8.5 games +120

easy money

UNT Eagles 2016
07-09-2017, 03:33 PM
Pittsburgh's defense is way underrated imo. And they have more offensive weapons than anyone in the league. I can't take either the Falcons or the Cowboys over them. And don't tell me you'd take NY Giants over Denver
No, it's not. It's below average and very porous against the run and in the secondary.

Yes, I would. Even in their regular season meeting. Denver is an 8-8 team, maybe 7-9ish. Their defense, which has been weakened since a dominant 2015 by free agency (Jackson, Sylvester, Trevethan), retirement (Ware) and age (Talib) will win them some, but their lack of any resemblance of a decent QB will cost them especially in that division. Lynch will get better over time, but they actually need to play him. Only way to get better is through actual experience on the job. Their line is still bad. Melenik Watson (the worst starting OL on the Raiders last year BY FAR), Ronald Leary (a liability in pass protection and a holding machine), and that idiot white trash rookie, won't move the needle.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Cowboys over 9.5 games -129 (2 units)
Bears over 5.5 games +125
Bucs under 8.5 games +100
Giants under 8.5 games +120

easy money
lol no. The first one is especially bad.

AlexJones
07-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Patriots -500 ($5k) - this line is a fucking joke. Brady could get hurt and the Pats would still win this division.

AlexJones
07-12-2017, 10:35 AM
lol no. The first one is especially bad.
Lol ok stick to your eye test-based takes and analysis, n I'll stick to analytics. Giants are way overrated and Bears are underrated. The over 5.5 wins on the Bears is actually paying out a decent price (+135). I don't expect it to win but it's worth a bet. Abd I don't even need to watch Eli crumble under pressure 30 times a game to know the Giants aren't good.

AlexJones
07-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Patriots division (-500) 10u
Patriots conference (+275) 3u
Patriots title (+450) 1u
Steelers division (-110) 3u
Giants under 8.5
Bucs under 8.5
Bears over 5.5
Cowboys over 9.5
Lions under 7.5
Titans SB (50-1)
Titans division +220
Panthers SB (20-1)

UNT Eagles 2016
07-13-2017, 01:58 PM
Lol ok stick to your eye test-based takes and analysis, n I'll stick to analytics. Giants are way overrated and Bears are underrated. The over 5.5 wins on the Bears is actually paying out a decent price (+135). I don't expect it to win but it's worth a bet. Abd I don't even need to watch Eli crumble under pressure 30 times a game to know the Giants aren't good.

Burrz are one of the worst teams in the league. Though the Vikings could be bad, too, and who knows if the Lions could be anywhere from decent to bad this year.

AlexJones
07-13-2017, 02:44 PM
Burrz are one of the worst teams in the league. Though the Vikings could be bad, too, and who knows if the Lions could be anywhere from decent to bad this year.
I'm not saying Bears are good, as they aren't.. But they're definitely not in 49ers/Browns territory. Detroit is bad though. I truly think the Lions are only marginally better than the Bears.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-13-2017, 04:44 PM
I'm not saying Bears are good, as they aren't.. But they're definitely not in 49ers/Browns territory. Detroit is bad though. I truly think the Lions are only marginally better than the Bears.

I think Minnesota is worse than Detroit, though... at least Detroit has a fringe top 10 quarterback. Minnesota's offense is GARBAGE across the board. Except Kyle Rudolph being a solid consistent TE but that's it.

Bears quarterback situation is a disaster. Bucs were 4-12 (started 0-8) and 2-14 in the years Glennon was the active starter. And the other guy is a raw rookie in a solidly below average year for QBs coming out of the draft.

GB is going to go 12-4, I'm afraid. Even though I despise them, they and the Seahawks will have gaudy records because they play in two of the three most one-dimensional divisions in this upcoming year (along with the NFC West and AFC East).

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-13-2017, 06:14 PM
Colts take back the South

UNT Eagles 2016
07-13-2017, 07:43 PM
they'll go 8-8ish but the Titans might be 9-7ish... Houston is going to be bad like 2013

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-14-2017, 03:40 PM
they'll go 8-8ish but the Titans might be 9-7ish... Houston is going to be bad like 2013

Easy schedule, improved defense, and hopefully a healthy Andrew Luck. I dont see Indy 8-8 3 years in a row. Agree about Houston though.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-15-2017, 03:48 PM
Easy schedule, improved defense, and hopefully a healthy Andrew Luck. I dont see Indy 8-8 3 years in a row. Agree about Houston though.

Bingo.

I agree about the schedule though, NFC West may be 1 elite team and 3 really bad ones this year with AZ losing half their defense in FA which was their only good thing last year.

Indy could be around 9-7 though, they're just not good enough across the board (o-line, defense in general) to win more than that, 10 is the upper limit but they'd be really lucky to get that many.

David Stern
07-15-2017, 09:20 PM

Underrated??? They beat shitty offenses last year, and then shit the bed badly against the Patriots. Who cares about their offense?? Big play O that always shits the bed in mid-late January. Gmafb.

benefactor
07-16-2017, 12:16 PM
Texans will be fine tbh

leemajors
07-16-2017, 02:03 PM
Texans will be fine tbh

foreman arrested with a gun and weed.

benefactor
07-16-2017, 03:11 PM
foreman arrested with a gun and weed.
Non-issue. Gun was legal and the weed was on his buddy. He'll get the "now listen here son" by O'Brien and hopefully will keep his shit together from here on out.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-16-2017, 05:01 PM
Texans still don't have an offense. 2013 all over again, maybe one more win

leemajors
07-17-2017, 10:58 AM
Non-issue. Gun was legal and the weed was on his buddy. He'll get the "now listen here son" by O'Brien and hopefully will keep his shit together from here on out.

I'd hope so, but Goodell and his kangaroo court...

benefactor
07-18-2017, 06:14 AM
I'd hope so, but Goodell and his kangaroo court...
Jaelen Strong got into a similar situation and that's how Houston handled it. Pretty sure they see Foreman as much more valuable.

RGMCSE
07-19-2017, 10:20 PM

Luck is done. Cots ain't winning a motherfucking thing. Last place.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-20-2017, 12:32 PM
Luck is done. Cots ain't winning a motherfucking thing. Last place.
1. Indy 9-7
2. Nashville 8-8
3. Jacksonville 5-11
4. Houston 3-13

benefactor
07-21-2017, 08:10 PM
Foreman tested negative for week. So there you go.

DPG21920
07-22-2017, 12:42 AM

Chargers already suffering a major injury to a WR :lol

RGMCSE
07-24-2017, 11:17 PM
1. Indy 9-7
2. Nashville 8-8
3. Jacksonville 5-11
4. Houston 3-13

tenisee is going to be top dog and jax will surprise maybe even to the point of contending for the division. Clots dead last. Book it.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-25-2017, 01:41 AM
tenisee is going to be top dog and jax will surprise maybe even to the point of contending for the division. Clots dead last. Book it.

The most important position, by far, in the game... Two teams have it, two teams don't. Hence my rankings.

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-25-2017, 03:23 AM

:wow

RGMCSE
07-25-2017, 09:24 AM
The most important position, by far, in the game... Two teams have it, two teams don't. Hence my rankings.

Luck's shoulder is literally pieced together at this point. He cant even throw a damn ball yet. Plus his oline is the worse in the division. Not to mention their RB is old ass Frank Gore. Luck's career is in jeopardy. They will finish dead last.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-25-2017, 01:01 PM
Luck's shoulder is literally pieced together at this point. He cant even throw a damn ball yet. Plus his oline is the worse in the division. Not to mention their RB is old ass Frank Gore. Luck's career is in jeopardy. They will finish dead last.
Luck's injury is definitely a real issue, but he's overdue for a healthy-ish year and a sort of resurgence for the team. They were doing well during the stretch when he was healthy last year. They beat the Packers in Green Bay, for instance. They beat the Titans both times.

I agree about him having a bad OL but the entire division except for the Titans have bad offensive lines.

RGMCSE
07-25-2017, 10:28 PM
Luck's injury is definitely a real issue, but he's overdue for a healthy-ish year and a sort of resurgence for the team. They were doing well during the stretch when he was healthy last year. They beat the Packers in Green Bay, for instance. They beat the Titans both times.

I agree about him having a bad OL but the entire division except for the Titans have bad offensive lines.

Uh how the heck is he over due for a healthy year? He's still recovering from shoulder surgery. Wait till he gets hit again. Either way their defense is shitty to top it off.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-25-2017, 11:03 PM
Uh how the heck is he over due for a healthy year? He's still recovering from shoulder surgery. Wait till he gets hit again. Either way their defense is shitty to top it off.

But Luck is really good when healthy. The Colts are the Saints' AFC

RGMCSE
07-26-2017, 08:09 AM
But Luck is really good when healthy. The Colts are the Saints' AFC

Sure. Anyways fuck the colts. I'm drinking the teal koolaid mother fucker. Jags 9-7 with a couple of unexpected wins. Fournette changes the offensive dynamic and relegates Bortles to a game manager which is an improvement. The defense will be top5.

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-26-2017, 11:58 AM
Luck at 50% is still better than that faggot QB you guys have in That shithole Jacksonville. Your team sucks cock, and will forever suck cock. 4-12 incoming..... again

UNT Eagles 2016
07-26-2017, 06:25 PM
Luck at 50% is still better than that faggot QB you guys have in That shithole Jacksonville. Your team sucks cock, and will forever suck cock. 4-12 incoming..... again

I have 5-11 which is an improvement... but Defense will only take you so far if you can't score or take care of the football. Without a legit QB you are doomed forever. Bortles is near the very bottom in starters and below quite a few backups.

RGMCSE
07-26-2017, 07:13 PM

Crofl triggered twink here. Calm down jizz guzzler. Indys a fine town. Jville is nice and at least has beaches, golf and hot blonde bitches. I've seen what Indy is working with and it rivals the fatties in SA. Calm down colts finish last luck breaks his shoulder for good and is retired forever.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-26-2017, 07:46 PM
Crofl triggered twink here. Calm down jizz guzzler. Indys a fine town. Jville is nice and at least has beaches, golf and hot blonde bitches. I've seen what Indy is working with and it rivals the fatties in SA. Calm down colts finish last luck breaks his shoulder for good and is retired forever.
Ill bet you $25k REAL MONEY that the jags don't finish with 8 wins or better

Real money... No welching.. Deal?

Blonde bitches... who tawulk lahk theeyis? Lahk uh duck?

RGMCSE
07-26-2017, 09:30 PM

haha im not stupid, ill keep my money in my damn pocket.

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-29-2017, 11:20 PM
Blake Bortles looking good already..... :lol

Robz4000
07-30-2017, 04:07 AM
Texans win the AFC South going away tbh.

Mitch
07-30-2017, 01:35 PM

You shouldn't bet with your wife's money, Andrew

benefactor
07-30-2017, 10:00 PM
Mah nigga

RGMCSE
07-30-2017, 10:22 PM
Blake Bortles looking good already..... :lol

I just read about the 5 ints. Crofl oh well that's why I say fournette means so much and defense is elite.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-01-2017, 12:54 AM

we thought that before the 2013 season, too

UNT Eagles 2016
08-01-2017, 12:56 AM
I just read about the 5 ints. Crofl oh well that's why I say fournette means so much and defense is elite.

defense will be ok like last year, have some pieces but not enough and offense isn't even bus driver good enough, oline isn't good, just way overpaid a mediocre to bad center, definitely not enough to carry a RB who is, by the way, slower footed and more injury prone than zeke.

5-11 and that's pretty generous, hope you guys beat the niners and rams, squeak out a couple division games because otherwise it's going to be a long season

the main problem with guys like bortles is, a turtle could beat him in moving out of the pocket in the face of pressure or to find a receiver streaking off to the side, he has a decent to good pool of receivers to throw to but he's just not good enough, pressure him you take him down or force a bad throw (he stares down receivers quite a lot)...

russell wilson wasn't a great thrower early career (you can argue he's still not), doesn't have elite receivers but he's the most mobile quarterback in the game, not just running but escaping and throwing it everywhere. bortles would need to lose about 60 pounds and take melanin shots to do that

RGMCSE
08-08-2017, 11:29 PM
defense will be ok like last year, have some pieces but not enough and offense isn't even bus driver good enough, oline isn't good, just way overpaid a mediocre to bad center, definitely not enough to carry a RB who is, by the way, slower footed and more injury prone than zeke.

5-11 and that's pretty generous, hope you guys beat the niners and rams, squeak out a couple division games because otherwise it's going to be a long season

the main problem with guys like bortles is, a turtle could beat him in moving out of the pocket in the face of pressure or to find a receiver streaking off to the side, he has a decent to good pool of receivers to throw to but he's just not good enough, pressure him you take him down or force a bad throw (he stares down receivers quite a lot)...

russell wilson wasn't a great thrower early career (you can argue he's still not), doesn't have elite receivers but he's the most mobile quarterback in the game, not just running but escaping and throwing it everywhere. bortles would need to lose about 60 pounds and take melanin shots to do that

this is a pretty generic take dog. Your not stating any ground shattering info here. I agree the oline sux and Bortles is inconsistent. But any qb will fold under pressure. What I'm counting on as a fan is that the coaches recognize this shit and will scheme and prepare some semblance of an identity that will alleviate and or cover up those deficiencys. It's been done before. The wild cat and the zone blocking read option rg3 days are examples Offenses that lacked one thing or another that were able to produce limited success. I'm not saying the jags will roll out the next innovative offensive system but I'm hoping some good old fashion hback, fullback power run / play action will help. The defense will be the creame of the crop in that division.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-09-2017, 09:26 AM
this is a pretty generic take dog. Your not stating any ground shattering info here. I agree the oline sux and Bortles is inconsistent. But any qb will fold under pressure. What I'm counting on as a fan is that the coaches recognize this shit and will scheme and prepare some semblance of an identity that will alleviate and or cover up those deficiencys. It's been done before. The wild cat and the zone blocking read option rg3 days are examples Offenses that lacked one thing or another that were able to produce limited success. I'm not saying the jags will roll out the next innovative offensive system but I'm hoping some good old fashion hback, fullback power run / play action will help. The defense will be the creame of the crop in that division.
This ain't college nor 2012. But it's always fun to hope and daydream about your team in August, huh? If there weren't folks like you then the league would have to make contractions and nobody wants that, so happy August my friend!

RGMCSE
08-09-2017, 02:58 PM
This ain't college nor 2012. But it's always fun to hope and daydream about your team in August, huh? If there weren't folks like you then the league would have to make contractions and nobody wants that, so happy August my friend!

Fuck you sincerly tbh. Fans like me? You mean a fan of the NFL? Fuck outta here. Every team suffers losing. The Jags are just experiencing their first real drought. Every team goes through these cycles, everyone. Your team just happens to be on the up right now so it's easy to sit up high and talk down.

Darth_Pelican
08-09-2017, 03:04 PM
Fuck you sincerly tbh. Fans like me? You mean a fan of the NFL? Fuck outta here. Every team suffers losing. The Jags are just experiencing their first real drought. Every team goes through these cycles, everyone. Your team just happens to be on the up right now so it's easy to sit up high and talk down.

After the Cowboys lost to the Packers in the playoffs last year, he wrote this on page 160 of the Cowboys thread:

I do not care about next year... This year was the year to win the SB with Aikman as the color commentator in the SB... next year will be Michaels and Collinsworthless... the next is even worse with boring ass Nantz and Phil Simms... winning either of the next 2 SBs will be as valuable to me as a moldy loaf of Great Value bread. This is the end

So I wouldn't get worked up over anything he has to say. Most people have him on ignore. I'll probably join suit.

monosylab1k
08-09-2017, 03:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGZEHOlUAAAt0L3?format=jpg

Kyle Orton
08-09-2017, 05:03 PM
mono now gloating about appearing in the sb. If that just don't beat all

UNT Eagles 2016
08-09-2017, 06:52 PM

I talked the same big talk last August even though we were 4-12. Though nobody in their right mind thought we were a 4-12 team talent and potential wise.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-09-2017, 06:53 PM
After the Cowboys lost to the Packers in the playoffs last year, he wrote this on page 160 of the Cowboys thread:

So I wouldn't get worked up over anything he has to say. Most people have him on ignore. I'll probably join suit.

No, sir. The ignore list is for pussies and assholes.

I also said that before Romo joined the CBS supporting cast. Actually Collinsworth is pretty awesome.

RGMCSE
08-09-2017, 11:39 PM

Yeah ah trust me I'm chill the only thing that gets me is when people talk in absolutes. As if shit don't change.