PDA

View Full Version : Trail Blazers have 3 1st round picks and no cap room

Big Empty
05-30-2017, 01:48 PM
I sure would like to take Aminu off their hands so they can free up cap space or maybe a draft pck from them! They wont have cap space to keep all those pieces.

cd021
05-30-2017, 02:31 PM
Spurs Get
22nd pick
Aminu
Leonard

Blazers Get
Aldridge
:stirpot:

Nate Duncan mentioned that Portland may be willing to give up a pick to offload salary, by taking on Leonard's deal, the Spurs could nap the 22nd pick. Aminu would work as a starting 4.

Mnky
05-30-2017, 02:53 PM
Our issue is we don't know how much the spurs will have to work with until they let everyone know their plans, which they don't do.. so yea. Anyone's guess is as good as another I suppose.

I doubt Portland wants to hook up the spurs for taking their star..

But then again,..maybe They do.

EIC
05-30-2017, 03:57 PM
Spurs Get
22nd pick
Aminu
Leonard

Blazers Get
Aldridge
:stirpot:

Nate Duncan mentioned that Portland may be willing to give up a pick to offload salary, by taking on Leonard's deal, the Spurs could nap the 22nd pick. Aminu would work as a starting 4.

No way they take Softridge back. RN I bet they feel like they dodged a bullet. We did them a favor by taking Softridge off their hands. He's our problem now.

TheDoctor
05-30-2017, 04:12 PM
You guys are crazy :lol

I mean, San Antonio struggles to score and you guys want Aminu and Meyers Leonard instead of LMA?

TheGreatYacht
05-30-2017, 04:29 PM

I mean, San Antonio struggles to score and you guys want Aminu and Meyers Leonard instead of LMA?
They want Dedmon, Aminu, and Danny green in the same lineup. :lol not to mention the white American Center to play next to white American David Lee smh

Chucho
05-30-2017, 04:35 PM

Crazy is a compliment to some of the retards around here. Some of these dudes spend their entire cyber lives playing cyber GM and their sports takes are just...STeezy.

TheDoctor
05-30-2017, 04:36 PM
They want Dedmon, Aminu, and Danny green in the same lineup. :lol not to mention the white American Center to play next to white American David Lee smh

But that defense tho' :lmao

TheGreatYacht
05-30-2017, 04:43 PM
But that defense tho' :lmao
Defense is what the other team won't have to play with that starting lineup :lol

TheDoctor
05-30-2017, 04:47 PM
Crazy is a compliment to some of the retards around here. Some of these dudes spend their entire cyber lives playing cyber GM and their sports takes are just...STeezy.

Still better takes than Pounding the Cock delusionals. Those Mfers dared to say that Patty Mills was part of Spurs' next Big 3.

--> LINK (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255037)

Nathan89
05-30-2017, 04:49 PM
No way they take Softridge back. RN I bet they feel like they dodged a bullet. We did them a favor by taking Softridge off their hands. He's our problem now.

Their roster is full of shit contracts. They'd be better off if they tied up their money in Aldridge.

cd021
05-30-2017, 08:38 PM

I bet they'd be open to taking him back, he had his best years under Stotts. They are in a bad spot, those 3 picks are really the only way for them to improve.

They have $132 million in committed salary next season (the cap is 101 million, they'd probably gonna be $20 million over the luxury tax) it they trade would increase their salary by a couple million but would push them from being an fringe 8th seed to maybe the 6th seed (possibly higher depending on how the off season goes form Memhpis, OKC, and LAC)

Llillard, McCollumn, Harless, Aldridge, Nurkic is a pretty strong starting lineup

I wouldn't necessarily mind keeping Aldridge but he'd need to slide or to center. The 22nd pick and Al Aminu isn't a terrible take back even if we have to take on Leonard's salary. Aminu is a versatile defender and someone who i've wanted on this team for a while now.

If we were to retain Simmons; the Spurs would have Green, Leonard, Aminu, Anderson, and Simmons, all of whom are above average defenders and can defend multiple positions.