PDA

View Full Version : Just checking...

Brazil
05-30-2017, 05:18 PM
There are people thinking Parker won't come back and be in the SL next year ?

:lol silly you...

dabom
05-30-2017, 05:19 PM
I don't think he starts. Come on dude. He might play a little. Human victory cigar minutes. :tu

SpursFan86
05-30-2017, 05:27 PM
Do I think he will start when he returns? Definitely.

The question is whether he'll be worth a damn...and I'm not so sure about that. Despite his great play for 8 games in the playoffs, he was still mediocre at best (and absolute shit at worst) for 60+ games in the regular season. Now he'll be 35 years old and coming off a major injury. All I know is I sure as hell wouldn't bet on him returning and being a quality starting caliber player.

dabom
05-30-2017, 05:29 PM
Do I think he will start when he returns? Definitely.

The question is whether he'll be worth a damn...and I'm not so sure about that. Despite his great play for 8 games in the playoffs, he was still mediocre at best (and absolute shit at worst) for 60+ games in the regular season. Now he'll be 35 years old and coming off a major injury. All I know is I sure as hell wouldn't bet on him returning and being a quality starting caliber player.

He's not gonna start dude. :lmao

tonight...you
05-30-2017, 05:30 PM
I don't think he starts. Come on dude. He might play a little. Human victory cigar minutes. :tu
I think you might be wrong this time. Never underestimate the ESTEEM of Pop. He'll throw that old boy in there despite all common sense.

"Gotta get him in game shape before the playoffs..."
"He doesn't have his legs under him yet, he needs minutes."
"His steady floor generalship of the offense is exactly what this team needs."
"WE'RE GOING TO NEED HIM FOR THE PLAYOFFS."

Good lord... my soul is not ready.

Hoops Czar
05-30-2017, 05:31 PM

His competition is Murray and Forbes. :lol Providing Murray doesn't go ham on the league to start the season and finds some resemblance of a jump shot, Parker will be back in the SL by March.

TheDoctor
05-30-2017, 05:34 PM
Watching Tony and Manu coming off the bench at the same time? Goose bumps.

SpursFan86
05-30-2017, 05:38 PM
He's not gonna start dude. :lmao

I hope you're right...but I'd be more surprised if he didn't end up starting. Obviously part of it depends on how the other guys look in his absence. If Murray or someone else balls out and looks like a competent PG, then sure, maybe Parker becomes a bench player. Otherwise, I think he starts. I mean yeah, he might come off the bench the first few games back...but once he's fully rehabbed, I think Pop starts him unfortunately.

TD 21
05-30-2017, 05:48 PM
His competition is Murray and Forbes. :lol Providing Murray doesn't go ham on the league to start the season and finds some resemblance of a jump shot, Parker will be back in the SL by March.

:lol As if they're not going to sign a rotation point guard. Whether it's Mills being re-signed or failing that, someone like Teletovic or Williams for the MLE, they'll have someone good enough to at least split minutes with Murray.

Parker will definitely start sooner than later primarily because any of those three are much more compatible alongside Murray than Parker.

tonight...you
05-30-2017, 05:51 PM
There is a slight possibility Murray goes HAM.

It isn't great, but it's there. He has the athleticism, arrogance and work ethic to be a Kawhi, but not everyone can be a Kawhi...
I will say: He just could... He just could.

I don't think it's anywhere near a certainty, but he could.

Play Boban
05-30-2017, 06:09 PM
Porker's health has been deteriorating tbh. There's real question whether he'll ever be able to walk again tbh..or worse tbh. He'll be lucky if he can ever walk again, never mind play basketball at even a rec league level tbh. Time to turn out the lights Porker suckers, party's over tbh.

Play Boban
05-30-2017, 06:10 PM
There is a slight possibility Murray goes HAM.

It isn't great, but it's there. He has the athleticism, arrogance and work ethic to be a Kawhi, but not everyone can be a Kawhi...
I will say: He just could... He just could.

I don't think it's anywhere near a certainty, but he could.
:lol

Murray might be the most overrated Spurs player since SJAX tbh.

tonight...you
05-30-2017, 06:11 PM
Porker's health has been deteriorating tbh. There's real question whether he'll ever be able to walk again tbh..or worse tbh. He'll be lucky if he can ever walk again, never mind play basketball at even a rec league level tbh. Time to turn out the lights Porker suckers, party's over tbh.
Then let this next year play out. Suck it up. See what he's got and if he can't walk- make a decision there, but it will only help, cap-wise for the future after that.
Might even help, on the court, that very year, so... let's see how this goes.

tonight...you
05-30-2017, 06:11 PM

Murray might be the most overrated Spurs player since SJAX tbh.
What part of "slight possibility" do you not understand, doofus?

Play Boban
05-30-2017, 06:17 PM
What part of "slight possibility" do you not understand, doofus?

There's a "slight possibility" Ian Clark may win Finals MVP, too, tbh. Two can play that game tbh.

DMC
05-30-2017, 06:18 PM
No way Tony works through rehab to come off the bench. No way. Think Jameer Nelson with Orlando.

Spurs9
05-30-2017, 06:18 PM
Tony Romo tbh

tonight...you
05-30-2017, 06:26 PM

There's a "slight possibility" Ian Clark may win Finals MVP, too, tbh. Two can play that game tbh.
Yup. Like winning a Lottery. So what part of "slight possibility" do you not understand?

Play Boban
05-30-2017, 06:27 PM
Yup. Like winning a Lottery. So what part of "slight possibility" do you not understand?
There's a slight chance I might play in the NBA and win NBA Finals MVP tbh. :cry

tonight...you
05-30-2017, 06:28 PM
There's a slight chance I might play in the NBA and win NBA Finals MVP tbh. :cry
So you get it. What the fuck are you arguing about, fool?

Dex
05-30-2017, 06:29 PM

Parker WILL be back next year, barring any complications with his injury.

He is a Spur for life. He will be here until his contract expires, whether it be this one or the next. No doubt in my mind.

Whether he starts or not...that's still up in the air imo. Depends on if the Spurs can draw another big point guard this summer (a.k.a Paul or Hill), or if Murray can develop into a starting-caliber guard after being thrown in the deep end (just as Parker did in 2002).

Personally, I feel like his starting days are over, and he knows that. If the Spurs are depending on him coming back in that role...that would be a bad decision.

Play Boban
05-30-2017, 06:36 PM
So you get it. What the fuck are you arguing about, fool?
umadbro

spurraider21
05-30-2017, 06:51 PM
it depends how Dijon plays up until his return tbh

tonight...you
05-30-2017, 06:51 PM
umadbro
Yessir. We in the same boat. One of us may start paddling a different way, but we usually on the same course. Even while we argue as we're paddling the same way.

Play Boban
05-30-2017, 07:05 PM
Yessir. We in the same boat. One of us may start paddling a different way, but we usually on the same course. Even while we argue as we're paddling the same way.
:bobo

Keepin' it real
05-30-2017, 07:10 PM

NO WAY Parker is sent down to the Summer League. He won't even be ready by then.

SequSpur
05-30-2017, 07:53 PM
Check these nutz and find another Parker topic, this is stupid shit.

MultiTroll
05-30-2017, 08:11 PM

Do you think Parker can be as impactful as Kobe Bryant in his return-from-injury final two seasons?

Down Under
05-31-2017, 01:35 AM
You've got to start Murray because he's the player with by far the highest upside on the roster outside Kawhi. Long, athletic, decent handles for a rook, court vision looks to have improved. If he wants it as bad as Kawhi, he'll be at worst, a good NBA rotation player.

SAGirl
05-31-2017, 02:00 AM
I am definitely rooting for Murray.:flag:

ElNono
05-31-2017, 03:26 AM
Hopefully he gets a nice retirement ceremony in January, tbh, he earned it...

benefactor
05-31-2017, 05:58 AM
:tu

Brazil
05-31-2017, 06:25 AM

:cry

Brazil
05-31-2017, 06:26 AM
CP3 is a pipe dream tbh... won't happen

Parker's competition as of today for PG spot: Patty, Forbes and Murray :lol give Parker a couple of months and he will be back running the show

glorious

Mal
05-31-2017, 06:34 AM
He will be. By 1st July there will be no indication that he will not be able to comeback. And knowing Spurs FO, Parker won't be released, traded, waived while fighting for comeback. Do it those things later than first weeks of July is pointless regardless.

MultiTroll
05-31-2017, 07:49 AM
give Parker a couple of months and he will be back running the show

glorious

Pop says I will be on the Olympic team too.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/46/25/c7/4625c71afa5b0a5727a7a05fb1275496.jpg

Ozballer
05-31-2017, 08:38 AM
It all depends on how his injury heals. If he recovers well, he will have the rare opportunity to rest and condition his body for a few months without strain, possibly bringing with him a refreshed and stellar comeback season performance and extending his career. However, it can go horribly wrong too if he re injures. I would like to believe the former will be the case.:flag:

GSH
05-31-2017, 08:50 AM
There's real question whether he'll ever be able to walk again tbh..or worse tbh.

You fucking pinhead. I wish I thought you were just a troll with nothing to do but say really, really stupid shit. But you ARE really, really stupid shit. No, there's not a question whether Tony will ever be able to walk again.

Kobe had a complete rupture of his Achilles tendon when he was just about the same age as Tony. The Achilles is the heaviest tendon in the human body, but the quads do all the heavy lifting when you jump. The question in an injury like that is whether they will be able to return to full strength and explosiveness - not whether he will walk again. At 35, it's a lot less likely but not impossible. Kobe ruptured his Achilles tendon during the '13 playoffs, and he came back in December of that same year. He played something like 6 games, and that's when he had the knee season-ending knee injury.

The hope right now is that Tony will be back by January. I'm sure he won't be starting right away, no matter what. COULD he be starting by the end of the season? I guess it's possible - but the team can't plan on it. If he starts by the end of the season, it's either very good news that he's back 100%, or very bad news that the other starter is really bad.

Brazil
05-31-2017, 09:00 AM
or maybe Kyle A for starting PG

Play Boban
05-31-2017, 09:24 AM
You fucking pinhead. I wish I thought you were just a troll with nothing to do but say really, really stupid shit. But you ARE really, really stupid shit. No, there's not a question whether Tony will ever be able to walk again.

Kobe had a complete rupture of his Achilles tendon when he was just about the same age as Tony. The Achilles is the heaviest tendon in the human body, but the quads do all the heavy lifting when you jump. The question in an injury like that is whether they will be able to return to full strength and explosiveness - not whether he will walk again. At 35, it's a lot less likely but not impossible. Kobe ruptured his Achilles tendon during the '13 playoffs, and he came back in December of that same year. He played something like 6 games, and that's when he had the knee season-ending knee injury.

The hope right now is that Tony will be back by January. I'm sure he won't be starting right away, no matter what. COULD he be starting by the end of the season? I guess it's possible - but the team can't plan on it. If he starts by the end of the season, it's either very good news that he's back 100%, or very bad news that the other starter is really bad.

:cry