PDA

View Full Version : I'm turning off my cable.......

SequSpur
05-30-2017, 10:01 PM
I don't need it anymore, I have kingpin and a firestick so wtf do i need it for? Plus, I don't have an STD carrying bitch at my house anymore either... anybody else ditch cable tv for the internet?

resistanze
05-30-2017, 10:12 PM
Welcome to 2013.

Mitch
05-30-2017, 10:20 PM
I'll probably get rid of my cable TV once I get fiber internet, I don't watch too much cable these days. Cable will be obsolete eventually as internet alternatives become more accessible.

Avante
05-30-2017, 10:21 PM
I don't think much about TV vs internet. All I ever watch is sports/movies and CNN. I do prefer the picture on my huge tv to the rinky dinky computer screen. And I have six TV's and only one computer.

Mark Celibate
05-30-2017, 11:11 PM
I don't need it anymore, I have kingpin and a firestick so wtf do i need it for? Plus, I don't have an STD carrying bitch at my house anymore either... anybody else ditch cable tv for the internet?

I got rid of the electric Jew years ago since I never really watched any TV to begin with other than the Cowboys occasionally.

the real trick is being socially aware around your brainwashed, sheeple friends who are still handing over $100 to Shekelstein each month.

tbh around my normie friends, in order to avoid looking like an autist, I just BS along with them acting like I watch the same shows they watch or say stuff like "Yeah, man I'll definitely check it out!" with no intent at doing so. It's amazing how nobody has called me out on it yet since I'm somehow able to blend in with normie talk even though I haven't watched any of the shows they're talking about.

monosylab1k
05-30-2017, 11:16 PM
Sports is the only reason I have DirecTV. I don't really like watching games in bars, so I have to have Sunday Ticket. If that was ever something that had a stream only option, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

DMC
05-30-2017, 11:38 PM
I have fiber in my neighborhood but they haven't run it to the boxes yet. Once they do that I'll have it pulled inside my home and that will be the end of cable. I took a lightning hit from cable last year that fried a shit load of electronics because some asshole technician decided to bypass the sucker rod ground bulkhead last time it was serviced. Fiber won't carry current so no issues with that.

Reck
05-30-2017, 11:43 PM
Playstation Vue works great. Saving me about 120 dollars monthly.

Thei lowest tier is like 40 bucks and you get 60+ channels including ESPN 1 and 2 Fox and FS1 and 2.

Look into it, it's amazing imo.

DMC
05-30-2017, 11:46 PM

Thei lowest tier is like 40 bucks and you get 60+ channels including ESPN 1 and 2 Fox and FS1 and 2.

Aren't you still paying for internet service to access it though?

Reck
05-31-2017, 12:09 AM
Aren't you still paying for internet service to access it though?

Yeah but it's considerably less than what I was paying overall. I had cable+phone+online. I got rid of the triple play or whatever they call it now and just paying 60 for phone and internet.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-31-2017, 08:32 AM
Yeah but it's considerably less than what I was paying overall. I had cable+phone+online. I got rid of the triple play or whatever they call it now and just paying 60 for phone and internet.

Landline. Lol. I don't think I'll ever get a landline.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-31-2017, 08:41 AM
Sports is the only reason I have DirecTV. I don't really like watching games in bars, so I have to have Sunday Ticket. If that was ever something that had a stream only option, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

That's the one problem for me as I haven't really had access to cable during the vast majority of football season since my senior year of high school in fall 2012.

Last year was especially a pain because I couldn't just walk from my apartment to the big dorm hall on campus and watch the big games anymore because I live near Plano, not in Denton by UNT. Heck, even the bar Riprocks was a great alternative place to watch games from 2013-2015 because they had an outdoor section where anyone 18+ could go before 9 p.m. and watch up to 5 games at a time on their big screen TV's. But by August 2016, I had moved on from Denton, so that was out.

So I had to drive to a bar in almost all cases, a couple weeks just acquiescing to using bootleg streams online which are glitchy, sketchy, make you "X" out of 20 pop-ups to get to and then often abruptly go out. I tried Top Golf (twice), Tight Ends, Twin Peaks (twice), another sort-of Irish pub, and maybe another I can't name off hand. Not exactly the greatest experiences with all the noise and random loud rap or country music crap that would get in the way of my games. Look, music is for Friday/Saturday; Sundays are for FOOTBALL, will the bar managers ever get it?

Reck
05-31-2017, 08:44 AM
Landline. Lol. I don't think I'll ever get a landline.

How do you get your internet? I have to have it for internet purposes.

I'm waiting for Fiber around here.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-31-2017, 08:47 AM
How do you get your internet? I have to have it for internet purposes.

I'm waiting for Fiber around here.

They don't have all-in-one modem/router box with any of the provider companies in New York? So you can just get internet and no cable and no landline.

Reck
05-31-2017, 09:17 AM
They don't have all-in-one modem/router box with any of the provider companies in New York? So you can just get internet and no cable and no landline.

Last I checked you had to have one of the two. That was a few years ago.

Things might have changed by now as people begin dropping cable and phone lines. I'll look into it more in depth once Optimum decide to deploy fiber on my area.

Thread
05-31-2017, 09:35 AM
^Bend over. I'll fuckin' deploy some fuckin' fiber in your area.

clambake
05-31-2017, 10:48 AM
you guys are talking cable when you should be talking about std infested bitch no longer there.

Spur|n|Austin
05-31-2017, 10:50 AM

Any chance FSSW is on there? Only reason I haven't cut the cord completely is because of Spurs games. I have fiber at my house and am ready to cut uVerse.

Reck
05-31-2017, 11:02 AM
Any chance FSSW is on there? Only reason I haven't cut the cord completely is because of Spurs games. I have fiber at my house and am ready to cut uVerse.

I think that depends on the state and area.

I get the YES Network and for some time did get the shitty MSG channel the Knicks get shown at.

Click on this link, it should automatically pick up your area so check to see if the channel you're talking about is on there.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/channels/

Spur|n|Austin
05-31-2017, 11:07 AM
I think that depends on the state and area.

I get the YES Network and for some time did get the shitty MSG channel the Knicks get shown at.

Click on this link, it should automatically pick up your area so check to see if the channel you're talking about is on there.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/channels/

Thanks - I don't see it on there, may be going with Sling.

DisAsTerBot
05-31-2017, 11:47 AM
you guys are talking cable when you should be talking about std infested bitch no longer there.

This

Thread
05-31-2017, 01:21 PM
It's cool to think about, then in the middle of the nite after I assault this Board I slip into my Lazy Boy turn it on to my default channel & TCM is there, night & day, black & white, and my eyes well, my heart soars & I fist pump. Because nobody, absolutely not a soul-living or dead can take that which happened in the Golden Age of Hollywood from me.

No, I'll take it on into the grave.

Film. American film.

Frank Dux
05-31-2017, 02:18 PM
Dropped cable in 2011. Right now I rock SlingTV and Amazon Prime.

Whenever I've been in hotels over the last few years and flip through cable, I realize what a great decision it was to drop it.

DJR210
06-01-2017, 12:12 AM
R.I.P to my DirecTV a couple months back.. haven't missed it yet

Spur|n|Austin
06-01-2017, 12:40 AM
R.I.P to my DirecTV a couple months back.. haven't missed it yet

Spurs game through streams or through another outlet?

Chucho
06-01-2017, 01:13 AM
Raspberry Pi with a flash card loaded with Kodi. Done and done.

Fuck DirecTV and ATT. Loved UVerse. Moved out to New Braunsfels-in-California and they dont have UVerse so they force the dish onto me, reup my contract and then sent me to collections three months after sending me a final paid statement after the Uverse account was closed with a zero balance and the equipment returned. Waste of money. Everything can be streamed nowadays and what and when you want it and no ads.

DJR210
06-01-2017, 01:32 AM
Spurs game through streams or through another outlet?

I just use my cousin's s login's for DIRECTV, but yeah I got streams too cause sometimes they're actually more reliable than a heavily used official app.

Wild Cobra
06-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Welcome to 2013.

Yep.

I probably cut my cable before that. The HD antenna channels are ever increasing now as well. Just add antenna...

UNT Eagles 2016
06-01-2017, 07:22 PM
Raspberry Pi with a flash card loaded with Kodi. Done and done.

Fuck DirecTV and ATT. Loved UVerse. Moved out to New Braunsfels-in-California and they dont have UVerse so they force the dish onto me, reup my contract and then sent me to collections three months after sending me a final paid statement after the Uverse account was closed with a zero balance and the equipment returned. Waste of money. Everything can be streamed nowadays and what and when you want it and no ads.
I hate uverse, it always goes in and out