PDA

View Full Version : 18 Years Ago Today...

ace3g
05-31-2017, 09:06 PM

cd98
05-31-2017, 09:08 PM
The greatest playoff shot made by a Spur.

apalisoc_9
05-31-2017, 09:09 PM
Extrmely overrated clucth moment. Not even in the spurs top 10.

Play Boban
05-31-2017, 09:14 PM
:cry

cd98
05-31-2017, 09:21 PM
Toeing the sideline and nailing a three over the out stretched hand of Rasheed Wallace, one of the best defenders of that era. Damn. Love that look on Stoudamire's face.

baseline bum
05-31-2017, 09:43 PM
That's easily the greatest game I have been to in my life. Until then the Spurs were always the team that had that kind of shot hit against them. The Spurs crowd was hungry and loud having never won shit and finally seeing it happen. Everyone was just grabbing and hugging random strangers after that game. It took forever to even get out of my section because everyone was celebrating the win. Everyone knew the WCF was the real Finals, that a washed up Indiana team or a crappy New York Knicks would have no chance against either the Spurs or Blazers. When Sean hit that shot everyone knew the series was going to be a sweep. Just the look on Stoudamire's face when he blew that free throw that would have put Portland up three. :lol

baseline bum
05-31-2017, 09:46 PM
Also when Stoudamire was shooting that free throw was the loudest I have ever heard a Spurs crowd. The dome had these hollow blue plastic seats that made a ton of noise when you hit them and lots of people were paddling those seats as he was at the line. It sounded like a train going right by you when you had hundreds of people doing it at once.

phxspurfan
05-31-2017, 10:20 PM
Wish I had been able to see a real game in the Dome. Only game I got to see in that place was some preseason action. I just remember it being so cavernous they had a curtain off a whole section because no one was sitting there. Hard to imagine it ever being that loud there

TheDoctor
05-31-2017, 10:28 PM
Last 2 quarters vid. Damn hear that crowd roar. What a difference from today's entitled chalupa eaters fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeQ7NLmUkp4

baseline bum
05-31-2017, 10:34 PM
Wish I had been able to see a real game in the Dome. Only game I got to see in that place was some preseason action. I just remember it being so cavernous they had a curtain off a whole section because no one was sitting there. Hard to imagine it ever being that loud there

You're right, most of the time the building wasn't very loud because it was so huge. But there were like 35,000 people at that game. It was a crazy atmosphere.

Emperor
05-31-2017, 10:48 PM

Obviously you weren't living in San Antonio at that time this happened. You have no clue how important that shot was for us at the time, the entire city went nuts cuz we knew we were getting closer and closer to celebrating our first Spurs title. Your trolling opinion is invalid when it comes to this one.

raybies
05-31-2017, 10:48 PM
Last 2 quarters vid. Damn hear that crowd roar. What a difference from today's entitled chalupa eaters fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeQ7NLmUkp4

Unbelievable, greatest shot in Spurs history. It was the moment when the fortunes of the Spurs changed. We don't make it. We probably don't make it to the Finals. We don't win the Finals, Duncan probably leaves. Duncan leaves, we never get a chip. imo

Having a fit of nostalgia. Would love to do it all over again. Hearing the crowd,... it was pure pandemonium. Haven't heard a crowd that raw in a long time. Too entitled now... smh

raybies
05-31-2017, 10:49 PM
Obviously you weren't living in San Antonio at that time this happened. You have no clue how important that shot was for us at the time, the entire city went nuts cuz we knew we were getting closer and closer to celebrating our first Spurs title. Your trolling opinion is invalid when it comes to this one.

dude just got the ignore button. tbh

GSH
05-31-2017, 10:52 PM

That shot was a defining moment for the franchise. If they lose that game, they're likely crushed.

Mario Elie was so good for that team. One of the toughest bastards ever to play in SA. His backbone had a lot to do with the way that team played.

OMG, I had managed to block that cotton candy, My Little Pony color scheme on the floor out of my mind.

TheDoctor
05-31-2017, 10:54 PM
ace3g delivering per par w/ this thread tbh :toast

Keepin' it real
05-31-2017, 10:58 PM
"It still hurts." - - Portland

SPURt
05-31-2017, 11:01 PM
That was 18 years ago already? Time folds in my mind.

BillMc
05-31-2017, 11:03 PM
Remember it like yesterday.

Nice job OP.:toast

coachmac87
05-31-2017, 11:14 PM

Behind the certain was "Fan Fiesta" which I loved as a kid playing hoops

coachmac87
05-31-2017, 11:16 PM

LMAO do you have a life other than being an internet nerd or troll?

Ice009
05-31-2017, 11:51 PM

You're a fucking twat. It's time to ban you. You've turned into a real scrub poster. Where the fuck were you 18 years ago?

Fireball
06-01-2017, 01:29 AM
You're a fucking twat. It's time to ban you. You've turned into a real scrub poster. Where the fuck were you 18 years ago?

I thought he improved a little bit over the last few months, but the Robinson/kawhi post and his reply here bring him back to being the scrub leader ...

pookenstein
06-01-2017, 05:40 AM
Apalikescock baited and a few guys bit. He got what he wanted.

pookenstein
06-01-2017, 05:41 AM
And thanks for the vids ace3g (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=2345) & TheDoctor (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49616)

:flag:

gospursgojas
06-01-2017, 05:47 AM

Seriously. Don't feed him.

UZER
06-01-2017, 06:59 AM
:lol Sheed
:lol mighty mouse
:lol plastic man
:lol the wizard

:cry rip Jerome Kersey

Rocalcio
06-01-2017, 07:04 AM
The first title, it was so good...

Seventyniner
06-01-2017, 07:45 AM

We need a version of pinking that doesn't allow a poster to be quoted. Make it a bit harder to attention-whore.

GSH
06-01-2017, 11:14 AM
I thought he improved a little bit over the last few months, but the Robinson/kawhi post and his reply here bring him back to being the scrub leader ...

The offseason brings out the worst in them. It's harder to get the attention they crave, so they have to go overboard with the trolling.

benefactor
06-01-2017, 11:18 AM

Seriously. Don't feed him.
tbh

I knew when I read his post that at least three posters would respond. A decade plus later and people are still falling for shit like that.

GSH
06-01-2017, 11:31 AM
tbh

I knew when I read his post that at least three posters would respond. A decade plus later and people are still falling for shit like that.

Normal people aren't built to understand someone so desperate for attention that they would just piss on a live wire. It would be a great study for an Abnormal Psych class.

DisAsTerBot
06-01-2017, 11:52 AM

Dude was like 2 at the time tbh

Horse
06-01-2017, 12:33 PM
dude just got the ignore button. tbh

Yeah the guys a total douche

JFK
06-01-2017, 01:02 PM
Unbelievable, greatest shot in Spurs history. It was the moment when the fortunes of the Spurs changed. We don't make it. We probably don't make it to the Finals. We don't win the Finals, Duncan probably leaves. Duncan leaves, we never get a chip. imo

Having a fit of nostalgia. Would love to do it all over again. Hearing the crowd,... it was pure pandemonium. Haven't heard a crowd that raw in a long time. Too entitled now... smh

I am not in SA anymore, but I was for this time period and this game. It seemed like Games were much more fun, especially the playoffs, at the Alamodome. Between the vanilla fans and the ushers with a stick up their ass at the AT&T Center, games were much more fun to attend at the dome and Downtown. I don't like the area where the barn for animals is now.

BatManu20
06-01-2017, 01:56 PM
How time flies.. great moment in Spurs history.

Here's the full vid:

youtu.be/7078gJ2aU38

gospursgojas
06-01-2017, 04:11 PM
'99 holds a special place for a lot of us fans. It wasn't just the games, or the players...the entire city was magical at the time. I'd be interested to see crime data for the playoff run timeframe. Maybe its just me but it seemed like we all came together as one to root on the Spurs. GO SPURS GO was on any and every marquee on every street corner. Local businesses took out TV time just to show support. Every news station had a special- can't ever forget WOAI's (I think they were still calling themselves KMOL at the time) "memo to ___" commercials.

And this shot was at the height of that time.

cd98
06-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Plus for all of us during the Robinson era, we were used to strong regular seasons only to see the team choke in the playoffs. 1999 was the break through to make Spurs fans believe that Duncan was the answer (Duncan and Dave).

Russ
06-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Here's the full video:

7BBqt4VaVwU

Darius Bieber
06-01-2017, 04:42 PM
Wish we had the same level of noise at the AT&T Center tbh. That crowd was lit.

FkLA
06-01-2017, 06:15 PM
Also when Stoudamire was shooting that free throw was the loudest I have ever heard a Spurs crowd. The dome had these hollow blue plastic seats that made a ton of noise when you hit them and lots of people were paddling those seats as he was at the line. It sounded like a train going right by you when you had hundreds of people doing it at once.

The Dome still has those blue seats. We pound the shit out of them during UTSA games too. :lol

UZER
06-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Here's the full video:

7BBqt4VaVwU

Tweets before there were tweets.

baseline bum
06-01-2017, 06:41 PM
The Dome still has those blue seats. We pound the shit out of them during UTSA games too. :lol

:lol Nice

Play Boban
06-01-2017, 06:49 PM
No French quitters on that team tbh.

Play Boban
06-01-2017, 06:49 PM
The Alamodome is in Italy tbh?