PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ward/Kovalev II

webshad
05-31-2017, 10:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfBO8dGfD_I&t=1159s

These two genuinely dislike each other now.

Should be a good fight, similar to the first one. Perhaps with another controversial decision on the way.

whitemamba
05-31-2017, 11:18 PM
I had kov taking the first fight tbh. Excited for round 2, I heard it's 3 American judges, so def has a chance of being controversial. I wanna see kov take this so we can get a round 3. Fuckin a boxing has been absolutely great lately. AJ, lomachenko, ggg, canelo, Thurman. Really excited for the sport.

webshad
05-31-2017, 11:26 PM
I had kov taking the first fight tbh. Excited for round 2, I heard it's 3 American judges, so def has a chance of being controversial. I wanna see kov take this so we can get a round 3. Fuckin a boxing has been absolutely great lately. AJ, lomachenko, ggg, canelo, Thurman. Really excited for the sport.

Floyd left, boxing became great again. He only cared about protecting his zero, that's all. It led to a lot of other fighters wanting to imitate this hence made the sports boring. I'm so against this BS fight Floyd/McGregor (obviously I'll watch it because I like boxing, but it's such a disrespect to the sport).

When there's a good fight, neither fighter loses because we all want to see these fighters fight again.

Speaking of Hi-tech Lomachenko, now there's a puzzle to solve.

whitemamba
06-01-2017, 12:58 AM
Floyd left, boxing became great again. He only cared about protecting his zero, that's all. It led to a lot of other fighters wanting to imitate this hence made the sports boring. I'm so against this BS fight Floyd/McGregor (obviously I'll watch it because I like boxing, but it's such a disrespect to the sport).

When there's a good fight, neither fighter loses because we all want to see these fighters fight again.

He honestly might be the best P4P

Mitch
06-01-2017, 02:15 AM

Boxing didn't improve if it loses its best technical fighters like Marquez and Mayweather :lol

It's simply filling the void that built up the last few years. It's a good time if you just appreciate brawling, I guess

UZER
06-01-2017, 07:05 AM

Don't forget chocolatito. I know he lost but that dude is pure. Love watching him fight.

apalisoc_9
06-01-2017, 12:08 PM
What's the date? I dont remeber. Def watch this though.

whitemamba
06-01-2017, 12:27 PM
Don't forget chocolatito. I know he lost but that dude is pure. Love watching him fight.

What's the date? I dont remeber. Def watch this though.
Chocolatito is a great fighter , but damn he got messed up last fight.
june 17th

webshad
06-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Chocolatito is a great fighter , but damn he got messed up last fight.
june 17th

Couldn't handle the extra weight. At least he took the fight, nothing to be ashamed of.

webshad
06-01-2017, 05:22 PM
Boxing didn't improve if it loses its best technical fighters like Marquez and Mayweather :lol

It's simply filling the void that built up the last few years. It's a good time if you just appreciate brawling, I guess

Pretty boy Floyd was amazing. Money Mayweather not so much for boxing, he introduced this new concept of protecting the zero and making money and "who cares what the fans think". Then a lot of other fighters wanted to imitate this business strategy and made boxing boring, really.

I mean, even look at now, he wants to fight McGregor, that's disrespectful to the sport of boxing. McGregor will lose to a C level boxer, there's no doubt about that.

Mitch
06-01-2017, 05:38 PM
Pretty boy Floyd was amazing. Money Mayweather not so much for boxing, he introduced this new concept of protecting the zero and making money and "who cares what the fans think". Then a lot of other fighters wanted to imitate this business strategy and made boxing boring, really.

I mean, even look at now, he wants to fight McGregor, that's disrespectful to the sport of boxing. McGregor will lose to a C level boxer, there's no doubt about that.

Mayweather is all business, no big deal he tries to milk all the cash he wants.

If you don't like how the marketing in boxing is going to be going, you should blame the reasons why boxing is in decline and needs gimmicks to pull in the big PPVs. You got a problem with faggots like King, Arum and De La Hoya, if you want to see a good fight between up and comers it has to be on a ppv undercard now - that's bad for the sport. Mayweather didn't do that shit :lol

webshad
06-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Mayweather is all business, no big deal he tries to milk all the cash he wants.

If you don't like how the marketing in boxing is going to be going, you should blame the reasons why boxing is in decline and needs gimmicks to pull in the big PPVs. You got a problem with faggots like King, Arum and De La Hoya, if you want to see a good fight between up and comers it has to be on a ppv undercard now - that's bad for the sport. Mayweather didn't do that shit :lol

#1 No one is blaming him for that, heck we all would have done the same thing if we were in his shoes.

#2 Yet he wants to fight a guy with a 0-0 record and no boxing training whatsoever.

#3 He is retired now, so who cares. Let's stop making his name relevant, it's now about Ward/Kovalev and active fighters.

Mitch
06-01-2017, 08:43 PM
#1 No one is blaming him for that, heck we all would have done the same thing if we were in his shoes.

#2 Yet he wants to fight a guy with a 0-0 record and no boxing training whatsoever.

#3 He is retired now, so who cares. Let's stop making his name relevant, it's now about Ward/Kovalev and active fighters.

Mayweather fighting McGregor is good business, tbh. It'll be an easier fight than Hatton and probably an easy 50-75m paycheck :lol

I never thought I'd see the day someone would highlight Ward in the future of boxing :lmao Despite being a good boxer, he hates fighting

webshad
06-16-2017, 09:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63OZ14qxCtA

Prediction guys?

I gotta feeling Kovalev is going to take this one.

apalisoc_9
06-16-2017, 09:32 PM
What time undercard start?

phxspurfan
06-16-2017, 10:52 PM
Kovalev in an easy win (5:30)

Also check here where Money says Canelo would knock GGG the fuck out (2:30)
nweYVErLrbo

webshad
06-16-2017, 11:46 PM

nweYVErLrbo

Tell this guy to shut up. He hates Andre Ward because of their earlier beef, that's well known.

He hates GGG because everyone knows GGG would beat him at a proper weight class and he already beat Canelo. When GGG breaks Canelo, what is he going to say?

Tell him to put $1mil on Canelo knocking out GGG.

This clown is facing a UFC wrestler and saying GGG would get KOed by Canelo, stfu idiot.

phxspurfan
06-16-2017, 11:59 PM
This clown is facing a UFC wrestler

He retired and McGregor challenged him. Not to be a Mayweather apologist but I'd go for an easy 100mil payday too.

webshad
06-17-2017, 02:23 AM
He retired and McGregor challenged him. Not to be a Mayweather apologist but I'd go for an easy 100mil payday too.

Who wouldn't?

He "retired", ok let's say he did. Other guys who retired actually have good things to say about current fighters, however, this jackass is always bitter about fighters.

The most jealous bitch in sports today even tho he's rich, hands-down.

Canelo is going to knock the "f" out of GGG, only a mexican casual would believe that. Ain't happening. And we all know why this bitch is saying that, because he beat Canelo and he doesn't want to face GGG unless probably at a catchweight where GGG has no power.

Mitch
06-17-2017, 11:56 AM
Who wouldn't?

He "retired", ok let's say he did. Other guys who retired actually have good things to say about current fighters, however, this jackass is always bitter about fighters.

The most jealous bitch in sports today even tho he's rich, hands-down.

Canelo is going to knock the "f" out of GGG, only a mexican casual would believe that. Ain't happening. And we all know why this bitch is saying that, because he beat Canelo and he doesn't want to face GGG unless probably at a catchweight where GGG has no power.

It's not reasonable to expect Floyd to fight GGG even if he was younger, Tbh. He'd probably win, but there is a hard size difference between the two - even bigger than canelo vs Mayweather.

whitemamba
06-17-2017, 08:22 PM
yall watching this tonight or what? im pumped.

Mitch
06-17-2017, 09:03 PM

Might as well, Tbh. This is as good as boxing gets right now outside of canelo vs giant

phxspurfan
06-17-2017, 09:13 PM
Damn this undercard is pretty good. Fighting after the bell

phxspurfan
06-17-2017, 09:18 PM
Mexican dude got jobbed. Knockout after the bell ruled legal

whitemamba
06-17-2017, 10:56 PM
Mexican dude got jobbed. Knockout after the bell ruled legal
Wtf was that

webshad
06-17-2017, 11:02 PM

Great great fights man!!!!

Good card.

phxspurfan
06-17-2017, 11:04 PM
Great great fights man!!!!

Good card.

Definitely better than the RunWeather/McMuyThai matchup

webshad
06-17-2017, 11:27 PM

nweYVErLrbo

That bitter bitch talks so much shit! :lol

So what is he going to say now?

webshad
06-17-2017, 11:30 PM
So does Andre Ward fights Stevenson now, or retires?

I think he will relinquish some belts because he can't fight all those mandataries, nor does he want to.

He will most likely retire now.

webshad
06-17-2017, 11:37 PM
Feel sorry for Kovalev, according to Dan Rafael is that Ward is guaranteed 6.5million and Kovalev is guaranteed $0. He only gets a cut of the PPV and tickets, that's all. Just an awful deal for a fighter of his caliber.

webshad
06-18-2017, 12:14 AM
Awful stoppage, but Ward beat that body since round 2.

There was a couple of low blow, but the punch that took Kovalev's breath away, was legal.

Kovalev was gassed starting round 7.

Kovalev should have taken the knee.

Still a bad stoppage. Could have given him a 10 count.

apalisoc_9
06-18-2017, 12:17 AM
Bad stoppage but it was a very similar fight to the first one, according to box score.

Kovalev just run out of Gas.

whitemamba
06-18-2017, 12:44 AM
Surprising outcome tbh, couple of below he belt shots by ward looked ugly. I wouldn't of stopped it.

Thebesteva
06-18-2017, 11:47 PM
This is whyboxing sucks now

webshad
06-19-2017, 08:38 AM
Bad stoppage but it was a very similar fight to the first one, according to box score.

Kovalev just run out of Gas.

Surprising outcome tbh, couple of below he belt shots by ward looked ugly. I wouldn't of stopped it.

So who is at fault here?

I think the first to blame is Kovalev. He could have fought dirty with a dirty boxer. I mean you were talking about ending careers and stuff. Go out and hit him low when the ref is not looking. He could have also taken a knee. I know veteran trainers like to make their fighter were their shorts high to protect them as much as possible from body punches. Kovalev should have fought dirty.

Second person to blame is that silly ref. Just awful, that guy was blind at some of the obvious low blows.

Third is John David Jackson for not telling his fighter to go out there this round and hit this guy below the belt hard.

Ward gets no blame, because he fought his style and did so because the ref didn't tell him to cut it out.

lebomb
06-20-2017, 07:07 AM
Whenever I saw a fight with a boxer hit below the belt, dude grabbed his nutsack and went straight to his knees in pain. Kovalev didnt do anything at all. He OBVIOUSLY didnt get hit in the junk, thats for sure.

Mitch
06-20-2017, 12:26 PM
Casual fans like lakersbesteva would appreciate this shit show of a fight if it had a knockout, Tbh

jimbo
06-22-2017, 01:00 AM
Whenever I saw a fight with a boxer hit below the belt, dude grabbed his nutsack and went straight to his knees in pain. Kovalev didnt do anything at all. He OBVIOUSLY didnt get hit in the junk, thats for sure.

Agreed. Kovalev was clearly gassed before the supposed nut shots. You telling me a dude that's gotten his ass whooped and is tired as hell is going to keep his composure after getting hooked in the nuts by a light heavyweight? fuck no. (albeit the cup, but still)

Dude wore his trunks high like de la hoya did. Kovalev is acting like a little bitch with all his excuses tbh