PDA

View Full Version : Report: Becky Hammon among Bucks GM Candidates

NASpurs
06-01-2017, 07:17 PM
http://www.brewhoop.com/2017/6/1/15727264/report-becky-hammon-among-milwaukee-bucks-gm-candidates

They're quoting a Woj article:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-bucks-expand-gm-search-plan-begin-interviews-monday-215107648.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Another candidate whom the Bucks have contacted, league sources said: San Antonio Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammon. Hammon has no front-office experience, but has been a behind-the-bench assistant coach under Gregg Popovich for three seasons.

cd98
06-01-2017, 07:21 PM
Affirmative action.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-01-2017, 07:21 PM
Glass ceiling, it still stands.

RD2191
06-01-2017, 07:22 PM
That's badass, awesome for Becky.

Play Boban
06-01-2017, 07:28 PM
Affirmative action.

SAGirl
06-01-2017, 07:38 PM
Wow
Congratulations...

DMC
06-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Spurs calling in all favors to try to get her somewhere else.

cd98
06-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Hopefully she has an account on Spurstalk so she can claim at least some GM experience.

Play Boban
06-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Hopefully she has an account on Spurstalk so she can claim at least some GM experience.
:lol

rastaspur
06-01-2017, 08:57 PM
Token interview.

paperboy77
06-01-2017, 09:17 PM
Gotta go you gotta go. Not hot anymore... so C-Ya

paperboy77
06-01-2017, 09:18 PM
Affirmative action.

Like a mo-fo

tmtcsc
06-02-2017, 12:42 AM
http://www.brewhoop.com/2017/6/1/15727264/report-becky-hammon-among-milwaukee-bucks-gm-candidates

They're quoting a Woj article:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-bucks-expand-gm-search-plan-begin-interviews-monday-215107648.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Another candidate whom the Bucks have contacted, league sources said: San Antonio Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammon. Hammon has no front-office experience, but has been a behind-the-bench assistant coach under Gregg Popovich for three seasons.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/vWDrezW0rMjmM/giphy.gif

Chris
06-02-2017, 12:45 AM
Spurs calling in all favors to try to get her somewhere else.

She's a distraction.

"Women were said to bring bad luck on board because they distracted the sailors from their sea duties. This kind of behaviour angered the intemperate seas that would take their revenge out on the ship."

We've angered the NBA gods tbh

DMC
06-02-2017, 12:48 AM
Like a banana on a fishing boat.

TheGreatYacht
06-02-2017, 12:53 AM
The Spurs GM spot isn't open? I'm sure she can do better than Joel Anthony at the deadline, unlike the current drunk POS we have now

Nathan89
06-02-2017, 01:50 AM
Affirmative action.

Vic Petro
06-02-2017, 02:41 AM
That's badass, awesome for Becky.

99 Problems
06-02-2017, 03:00 AM

:lol Cavs will be her first caller wanting King Delly back.

Chinook
06-02-2017, 09:03 AM
Not until after the summer league, I hope.

FkLA
06-02-2017, 06:20 PM
:lol Would her name really be in the conversation if she didn't have a vagina? She literally has no qualifications for that position. Coach I could understand, although even then just in the Spurs staff Messina, Udoka, and Borrego are more qualified.

Play Boban
06-02-2017, 06:25 PM
:lol Would her name really be in the conversation if she didn't have a vagina? She literally has no qualifications for that position. Coach I could understand, although even then just in the Spurs staff Messina, Udoka, and Borrego are more qualified.
You are correct. This is a joke. Affirmative action/PC culture gone mad. :bang

Spurs 4 The Win
06-02-2017, 07:09 PM

But Bernie supporters love virtue signaling and affirmative action, what is your problem with this? Why are you such a bigot? :lol

sasaint
06-02-2017, 07:14 PM
Not until after the summer league, I hope.

ducks
06-02-2017, 07:19 PM
just a pr move on their part

FkLA
06-02-2017, 07:20 PM
But Bernie supporters love virtue signaling and affirmative action, what is your problem with this? Why are you such a bigot? :lol

You are generalizing Bernie supporters.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-02-2017, 07:23 PM
You are generalizing Bernie supporters.

We should be applauding their progressiveness in considering an under-qualified female for a old white male dominated position. I for one am proud of them for this :lol

tholdren
06-02-2017, 08:44 PM
We should be applauding their progressiveness in considering an under-qualified female for a old white male dominated position. I for one am proud of them for this :lol

Right, because what good businesses need to do more of, is hire undeserving and unqualified candidates. Wtf

Spurs 4 The Win
06-02-2017, 08:53 PM

Spurs 4 The Win
06-02-2017, 08:54 PM
Right, because what good businesses need to do more of, is hire undeserving and unqualified candidates. Wtf

I forgot to use the blue font for those with broken sarcasm detectors :lol :lol :lol

TheGreatYacht
06-03-2017, 12:45 AM
I know this is sarcasm but it's true. The quicker old white males die out, the better.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-03-2017, 01:31 AM
I know this is sarcasm but it's true. The quicker old white males die out, the better.

Hitler 2.0 folks :lol

SAGirl
06-03-2017, 01:34 AM
A lot small penuses here feeling slighted Becky is going places :lol

BillMc
06-03-2017, 01:41 AM
Step 1.Becky gets the job.
Step 2. Beck trades the Greek Freak and 2 #1s to the Spurs for Kyle Anderson.
Step 3. Becky is fired.
Step 4. Becky is rehired as assistant coach for the Spurs.
Step 5. When Pop retires, Becky becomes Spurs head coach.
Step 6. Becky wins NBA championship

dabom
06-03-2017, 05:49 AM
Step 3. Becky is fired.

"But why are we losing that trade?" - SAGirl

TheGreatYacht
06-03-2017, 05:59 AM
"But why are we losing that trade?" - SAGirl
"Criticizing Kyle? This is a troll post. You are a troll. You are trolling. T-r-o-l-l." - SAGirl

tholdren
06-03-2017, 07:16 AM

Not slighted. Annoyed this happens due to what it looks like rather than if deserving.

SAGirl
06-03-2017, 01:09 PM
Not slighted. Annoyed this happens due to what it looks like rather than if deserving.
Sign of small penis talking tbh lol

dabom
06-03-2017, 02:52 PM
"Criticizing Kyle? This is a troll post. You are a troll. You are trolling. T-r-o-l-l." - SAGirl (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49524)

HarlemHeat37
06-03-2017, 02:53 PM

cd98
06-03-2017, 03:09 PM
Front offices are now stacked with analytical nerds. Why not hire a woman who has expertise in how to play WNBA basketball?

HarlemHeat37
06-03-2017, 03:12 PM
This would clearly go beyond basketball, but what's the difference? Hiring for publicity/credibility happens often in sports, tbh..

Magic Johnson just got hired to run the Lakers, despite the lack of experience..same with Phil Jackson..

The Bucks are an irrelevant franchise in an irrelevant city..might as well hire a woman and get some shine for a few weeks, tbh..if they ever make a run at the trophy, it would make the story even better..it's not like she would be making all the decisions, anyways, these front offices have a bunch of people working together..

tholdren
06-03-2017, 04:00 PM
Front offices are now stacked with analytical nerds. Why not hire a woman who has expertise in how to play WNBA basketball?

Because its for show.

cd98
06-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Because its for show.

You act like the goal of every NBA team is to win a title.

tholdren
06-03-2017, 04:07 PM
You act like the goal of every NBA team is to win a title.

No, i act like the goal of the nba is entertainment. However its stupid to make like this would be a huge deal, when in fact it was a headline grab.

TheGreatYacht
06-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Front offices are now stacked with analytical nerds.
:lol explains the garbage state of the league

cd98
06-03-2017, 04:16 PM
:lol explains the garbage state of the league

Pretty much. But I believe they will be the first sport to have only gender less bathrooms. Priorities.

Nathan89
06-03-2017, 04:21 PM

"Agree with me or I'll shame you.:cry"

:lmao

peacemaker885
06-03-2017, 07:20 PM

Yeah. Don't get the woman hate but then again some are just plain haters.

cd98
06-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Yeah. Don't get the woman hate but then again some are just plain haters.

I don't think anyone here has a problem with her being a head coach or a GM, but either she is a prodigy for the front office or it's an overly progressive mindset taking over the league that is slowly ruining sports. People don't like progressiveness ruining sports. It's not personal against Hamm.

SAGirl
06-03-2017, 08:20 PM
Had she not been a woman this would not get so much salt. Even if it's a publicity stunt you could do a lot worse than Hammon. But then again there are so many tiny penises who feel threatened ... :lol

tholdren
06-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Had she not been a woman this would not get so much salt. Even if it's a publicity stunt you could do a lot worse than Hammon. But then again there are so many tiny penises who feel threatened ... :lol

No, its not threatening. It lends itself to the whole idea of racism, gender bias, and other forms of what new age village idiots feel is some sort of restitution. All for the hiring if its deserved. But if and when it happens dont parade that garbage around, otherwise its for show and cheapens the move.

Play Boban
06-03-2017, 09:22 PM
Yes, Becky's is probably bigger tbh. LDB. :wow

bic50
06-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Wouldn't mind Becky taking over for poo when he retires.

cd98
06-03-2017, 09:54 PM

Not true. People said the same thing when Kidd was made a head coach. But at least he played NBA basketball, which is a different game than the WNBA. I think it's more the feeling that teams are promoting women with no experience, which bad for women in the long run? Is a woman capable of being a successful GM? Sure. It doesn't require a penis as you keep alluding to for some reason. But the GMs that are good followed a path and went through a process and people assume she gets to skip the process because she's a woman. Maybe she's a prodigy, but if she gets a job like that, she better be damn good or she'll be crucified because of her inexperience. That's why I think she skips these "progressive" moves by teams. Taking the rockier path prepares you. She's legitimately toiling as a low level assistant coach.

That aside, progressive mindset has destroyed our universities and now it's moving into sports and ruining sports.

Ditty
06-03-2017, 09:57 PM
She better not fuck up with Jason Kidd around

SAGirl
06-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Becky is very smart. She wouldn't have gotten her job just on looks and a vagina tbh
she's also very charismatic and knows her ball, those who have been coached by her respect her and her teammates always said she's a good leader. If guys are sour about her success bc she's a woman frankly it just speaks about their own insecurities IMO.... but to each their own.

cd98
06-03-2017, 10:11 PM
TBH, I hope she does become GM of the Bucks. There are so many smart GMs that have been brought up in the business and understand the cap that it's hard to take advantage of them. But if Becky joins the ranks with her lack of experience, it'll be easy pickings for RC. And just so you won't feel like I'm saying it bc Becky has a vagina, Vlade is another GM that was gifted his job, and promptly botched that team worse than it was. It's not a body part thing, it's an experience thing.

We only mock an NBA team for potentially offering Becky a job as GM because we all know it's not her charisma that matters to them. It should be an understanding analytics and the salary cap. Maybe she's been brushing up between watching film, but I doubt she has an understanding of trade rules and salary cap. Let her work with RC for a few years, and no one second guesses a later job as a GM.

tholdren
06-03-2017, 10:22 PM
Becky is very smart. She wouldn't have gotten her job just on looks and a vagina tbh
she's also very charismatic and knows her ball, those who have been coached by her respect her and her teammates always said she's a good leader. If guys are sour about her success bc she's a woman frankly it just speaks about their own insecurities IMO.... but to each their own.

Whats her coaching resume?

SAGirl
06-03-2017, 11:43 PM
TBH, I hope she does become GM of the Bucks. There are so many smart GMs that have been brought up in the business and understand the cap that it's hard to take advantage of them. But if Becky joins the ranks with her lack of experience, it'll be easy pickings for RC. And just so you won't feel like I'm saying it bc Becky has a vagina, Vlade is another GM that was gifted his job, and promptly botched that team worse than it was. It's not a body part thing, it's an experience thing.

We only mock an NBA team for potentially offering Becky a job as GM because we all know it's not her charisma that matters to them. It should be an understanding analytics and the salary cap. Maybe she's been brushing up between watching film, but I doubt she has an understanding of trade rules and salary cap. Let her work with RC for a few years, and no one second guesses a later job as a GM.
Frankly all those guys have advisors in rules and what not. I am not saying she's a great talent scout bc I don't know that but GMs have scouts and ppl to advise on all sorts of specifics. It's potentially if you have someone who can identify players that are worth bringing in and that takes a bigger picture than just legal or just analytics or just trades or just scouting with your eyes. Getting players to want to join your organization is also a big deal. Charisma matters in that sense.

Good for her to get that interview. And I assume she won't get it but who knows. Becky has been looking for a job for a while now and is getting to be seen and interviewed elsewhere. She's not going to stay a Spur forever it looks like. So good for her.

rasuo214
06-04-2017, 01:33 AM

I think the point is she has no executive experience, being smart or not is irrelevant to that point (there have been plenty of smart people that have failed at their job because they weren't ready or prepared for it). If this was a coaching position you wouldn't see the "sour" comments because at least she has coaching experience. Previous PR moves have been done and they haven't been the best smartest move, others have already mentioned Phil Jackson, Vlade, Magic (although we'll see how he does), Bird, Jordan etc.

My question is would you even be defending this move if she wasn't a woman?

tholdren
06-04-2017, 08:52 AM
I think the point is she has no executive experience, being smart or not is irrelevant to that point (there have been plenty of smart people that have failed at their job because they weren't ready or prepared for it). If this was a coaching position you wouldn't see the "sour" comments because at least she has coaching experience. Previous PR moves have been done and they haven't been the best smartest move, others have already mentioned Phil Jackson, Vlade, Magic (although we'll see how he does), Bird, Jordan etc.

My question is would you even be defending this move if she wasn't a woman?

Also, i dont believe she has coached anywhere other than sa. And i dont even call what she does coaching. Not because shes a woman but because having 20 assistant coaches on a team in the nba is dumb, especially when you see things like terrible fundamental basketball and zero strength and conditioning....

Proxy
06-05-2017, 12:56 AM

something a little bit more than Derek Fisher's was

Spurs 4 The Win
06-05-2017, 01:35 AM
something a little bit more than Derek Fisher's was

Sure but at least derek fisher played in the NBA lol

TheGreatYacht
06-05-2017, 02:15 AM
Becky made Fathead look good. Something Pop still hasn't been able to do. She's fine by me.

Proxy
06-05-2017, 02:48 AM
Sure but at least derek fisher played in the NBA lol
:rolleyes

Nathan89
06-05-2017, 03:28 AM

Did they call every Spurs coach? Who are also very smart because they got their job?

Nathan89
06-05-2017, 03:31 AM
Out of all the Spurs coaches it was Becky that got recognized. It's on merit alone guys.:lmao

bic50
06-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Becky made Fathead look good. Something Pop still hasn't been able to do. She's fine by me.

portnoy1
06-05-2017, 02:34 PM
Step 3. Becky is fired.

She was summer league champion. Just sayin!

SAGirl
06-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Did they call every Spurs coach? Who are also very smart because they got their job?

it's quite possible that had she not been a woman she'd be coaching a team already.

Obviously the vagina issue won't help when coaching NBA men, who are unused to taking orders from a woman.

she's probably so much better than given credit, enough to get a job in a male dominated field.

So... there are a lot of little penises that are getting hurt and trampled over bc she's climbind ladders.

cd98
06-05-2017, 02:56 PM
The job offer is for GM, not coaching. I don't know that she is a great coach as she's low on the totem pole. But Spurs assistants get love in this league, so if she was offered a lead assistant job, it wouldn't surprise me. I'd be surprised if she was offered a head coaching job in the NBA. But a GM is a different skill set. Pop is a good coach, but he wasn't that great of a GM. That's why he gave up those duties. So again, I have no familiarity with any qualifications she has to be a GM. But if you know of some, please tell. By I'm assuming she's on the list because she's a woman, and I'm guessing her name was the one released because the Bucks want you to know they are progressive.

Nathan89
06-05-2017, 05:18 PM
it's quite possible that had she not been a woman she'd be coaching a team already.

she's probably so much better than given credit, enough to get a job in a male dominated field.

So... there are a lot of little penises that are getting hurt and trampled over bc she's climbind ladders.

Many coaches are assistants for many years before they become head coach. No reason to assume she'd be a head coach if she weren't a woman.

She could be better but if the Spurs are hiring based on merit then they must think all their coaches are great.

No, they just have a different opinion than you and you are trying to shame them. You truly have become pathetic. You are the type of woman of yesteryear that would give men white feathers to shame them for not going to war for them.

Chucho
06-05-2017, 07:27 PM
She gets the job It's her first draft. The second round finishes...and the bitch is still deciding who to take in the 1 st.

Chucho
06-05-2017, 07:30 PM
https://static.tumblr.com/ccdbbd5bf1f25b18868c4f004aed7620/czpnoro/ALxoiy9k6/tumblr_static_aoqtiafiep4ocgcsw8sww8oww_640_v2.png