PDA

View Full Version : NBA: I don't know how the Curry camp can find happines in this...

apalisoc_9
06-01-2017, 09:03 PM
Two straight 65+ seasons without Durant and back to back finals with a championship only for Durant's ass to piggyback the team and get credit for a team that was created and structured around Curry-Draymond and Klay.

I'd move if I was curry. So disrespectful. He's hurting his legacy because he's forced to sacrifice the most while this beta 7'0 get all sorts of credit for playing in a system made possible by Curry.

Durant isna System Player.

spurraider21
06-01-2017, 09:06 PM
selfless tbh :tu

true team player, something duncan would do

apalisoc_9
06-01-2017, 09:10 PM

Except Curry is still in his First-team all nba form.

Really hoping this leaves a sour mouth. If they lose that woule even be better.

spurraider21
06-01-2017, 09:11 PM
i want cleveland to win too, but not for that reason

apalisoc_9
06-01-2017, 09:16 PM
i want cleveland to win too, but not for that reason

Any spurs fan should be cheering for curry potentially leaving tbh. :lol

He's their best player and the guy that makes this offense possible.

spursistan
06-01-2017, 09:27 PM
This faggot Dominoes gonna steal FMVP just because he is getting uncontested dunks all series long as Cavs collapse their D on Curry :lol..

apalisoc_9
06-01-2017, 09:29 PM
This faggot Dominoes gonna steal FMVP just because he is getting uncontested dunks all series long as Cavs collapse their D on Curry :lol..

Pretty much

Freaking system player. Either cavs win or durant iniury and warriors win.

Only result id ve satisfied with.

spurraider21
06-01-2017, 09:31 PM
:lol jr smith sprinting to cover the 3 point line as KD walks down the middle for a dunk

SAGirl
06-01-2017, 09:32 PM
Except Curry is still in his First-team all nba form.

Really hoping this leaves a sour mouth. If they lose that woule even be better.
If they win which is likely he won't be sour.

SAGirl
06-01-2017, 09:33 PM
That's true.

cd98
06-01-2017, 09:58 PM
They are the pick up team that purposely missed all their free throws.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Curry is just as weak and soft as anyone else on that Warriors team. He loves having Durbeta on the team because it gives him an excuse to hide in the Finals. When the spotlight is on him, he does shit like this:

http://i.imgur.com/nt9c7d0.gif

HarlemHeat37
06-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Have to give him respect for being so unselfish, tbh..sacrificed accolades for rings..only Magic has been better at the position..

06-01-2017, 10:31 PM
^cute schtick tbh :lol

HarlemHeat37
06-01-2017, 10:32 PM
^cute schtick tbh :lol

There's literally no argument against Currys peak the past 3 years:lol I'll give you a ton of data and you'll reply with some throwaway line or emoji..

apalisoc_9
06-01-2017, 10:37 PM
Curry is just as weak and soft as anyone else on that Warriors team. He loves having Durbeta on the team because it gives him an excuse to hide in the Finals. When the spotlight is on him, he does shit like this:

I don't disgaree but Durant is just the bigger bitch.

DMC
06-01-2017, 10:40 PM

But not Parker.

midnightpulp
06-01-2017, 10:41 PM
Two straight 65+ seasons without Durant and back to back finals with a championship only for Durant's ass to piggyback the team and get credit for a team that was created and structured around Curry-Draymond and Klay.

I'd move if I was curry. So disrespectful. He's hurting his legacy because he's forced to sacrifice the most while this beta 7'0 get all sorts of credit for playing in a system made possible by Curry.

Tune out. Don't watch this garbage. Don't give it your ratings point.

Now I don't want rules against building superteams, but the NBA needs to figure out how to generate more natural parity. They really, really need to employ a farm system (an actual one, not the AAU joke that is the D-League). Hockey and baseball have the best parity in pro sports, and the reason is because both leagues have comprehensive farm systems and actually take time to develop players, so every year, a franchise has a probable star coming in. Tanking would also be rendered obsolete.

NBA is all about drafting on potential and throwing players at the proverbial wall to see what sticks.

DMC
06-01-2017, 10:43 PM
I was hoping for a mid air collision between KD, Curry and Lebron that resulted in a cleanup crew, a stretcher and a wheelchair.

LkrFan
06-01-2017, 10:44 PM

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

DMC

Now I don't want rules against building superteams, but the NBA needs to figure out how to generate more natural parity. They really, really need to employ a farm system (an actual one, not the AAU joke that is the D-League). Hockey and baseball have the best parity in pro sports, and the reason is because both leagues have comprehensive farm systems and actually take time to develop players, so every year, a franchise has a probable star coming in. Tanking would also be rendered obsolete.

NBA is all about drafting on potential and throwing players at the proverbial wall to see what sticks.

Stern said if he had his way it would be Lakers Celtics every year, that's how it was in the "good old days". Parity my ass.

HarlemHeat37

I understand the sentiment, but nothing will change, tbh..

Not only are the NBA's Finals ratings as good as they've been since DK, but they've also got the handcuffs on the younger demographic, along with minorities(a segment of North America that continues to grow)..it's the most popular pro sport on social media, too, as you said..

LkrFan
06-01-2017, 10:45 PM

Chef busted LeHype's balloon knot tonight though :lol

apalisoc_9
06-01-2017, 10:47 PM

I'm not watching bro. Just relying on SPURistan to tell me what's happening. : lol

Fuck this finals..The idea that durant is a top 15 player makes me vomit. The idea that he's going to get credit for this over the Great warriors team makes me want to vomit.

I respected the Curry-Klay-Green warriors.

Not this bitch ass team.

LkrFan
06-01-2017, 10:47 PM

mid maaaaaaaad?

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

midnightpulp
06-01-2017, 10:48 PM

Not only are the NBA's Finals ratings as good as they've been since DK, but they've also got the handcuffs on the young demographic, along with minorities..it's the most popular pro sport on social media, as you said..

Oh, I know. The NBA found their formula (social media, storyline driven), much like the NFL found theirs (fantasy sports driven). But both formulas came at the expense of the sport. Post play died in the NBA (big men have never really been that marketable), while the running game died in the NFL (a pass happy league is better for fantasy players).

DMC
06-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Chef busted LeHype's balloon knot tonight though :lol

The knot doesn't get broken before the last game. Have you been out of it so long you're taking one game victories in a series?

DMC
06-01-2017, 10:49 PM

Not only are the NBA's Finals ratings as good as they've been since DK, but they've also got the handcuffs on the younger demographic, along with minorities(a segment of North America that continues to grow)..it's the most popular pro sport on social media, too, as you said..

Which means all teams profit. Other teams will begin to be farm teams for these two teams for a few years.

midnightpulp
06-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Stern said if he had his way it would be Lakers Celtics every year, that's how it was in the "good old days". Parity my ass.

Lakers vs. Lakers.

NBA has always been the most casual of the big 4 sports. Even in the good old days. People really didn't start watching until a "compelling" storyline was involved (i.e. Magic vs. Bird, black vs. white, Hollywood vs. Blue collar). NBA was on its death bed before then.

Fabbs
06-01-2017, 10:51 PM
:lol jr smith sprinting to cover the 3 point line as KD walks down the middle for a dunk
I've never heard a true reason why this phuckstick keeps getting dragged around by LeBron.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2017, 10:56 PM

The NBA's local TV ratings in the regular season are already declining. The ratings for national games and the playoffs will be next once even the casual fans get bored of non-competitive blowouts. On top of that, if the playoffs continue to suck this bad every year with so few games played, gate receipts will continue to decline, the salary cap will shrink and it will cost players money.

Just because the playoff ratings are good right now doesn't change the fact that the league is in trouble longterm if something isn't done to even the playing field.

Capt Bringdown
06-01-2017, 11:09 PM
Just because the playoff ratings are good right now doesn't change the fact that the league is in trouble longterm if something isn't done to even the playing field.

Disagree. Look at NBA history - it's not about parity and an even playing field. Look at all the titles the Lakers and Spurs have won the last 20 years.
The Bulls ruled the 90's.
Lakers and Celts ruled the 80's.
The 70's was arguably the most competitive, even-playing field decade, and guess what? The league was dead in terms of prestige and mass appeal, only to be rescued in the 80's by the dominance of Magic and Bird.
The 60 was owned by the Celtics.

The league's product to casual fans is not parity and fundamental, competitively played basketball.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2017, 11:12 PM
Disagree. Look at NBA history - it's not about parity and an even playing field. Look at all the titles the Lakers and Spurs have won the last 20 years.
The Bulls ruled the 90's.
Lakers and Celts ruled the 80's.
The 70's was arguably the most competitive, even-playing field decade, and guess what? The league was dead in terms of prestige and mass appeal, only to be rescued in the 80's by the dominance of Magic and Bird.
The 60 was owned by the Celtics.

The league's product to casual fans is not parity and fundamental, competitively played basketball.

It was never as bad in the past as a 73-win team adding the former MVP who choked and quit against them in the offseason. If the Warriors sweep, the year will end with only 78 playoff games having been played. That would be the shortest playoffs since the first round got extended from five games to seven. This is uncharted territory for the league.

midnightpulp
06-01-2017, 11:21 PM
The NBA's local TV ratings in the regular season are already declining. The ratings for national games and the playoffs will be next once even the casual fans get bored of non-competitive blowouts. On top of that, if the playoffs continue to suck this bad every year with so few games played, gate receipts will continue to decline, the salary cap will shrink and it will cost players money.

This season's playoffs are performing worse overall, as well.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2017/06/nba-playoffs-viewership-down-entering-finals/

A 4 year low.

And no way in Hell do these Finals beat last years now that the Cleveland Curse/Prodigal son storyline is over.

The NBA has always been short-sighted. They bank on big markets (Lakers) or mega-mega stars (Jordan, Lebron, Curry) to drive league interest. The Lakers can't feasibly make the Finals every year, and Lebron and Jordan have once-in-a-generation marketability. I don't even think Curry could carry the league.

Funny enough, we saw this happen in baseball, during its supposed "golden age." In the era of Yankees dominance, baseball really only thrived in that market.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3973749/MLB_Attendance_1950-2013.png

It was still America's most popular sport at that time, but it was really struggling in the smaller markets. Everyone was pretty much a Yankees fan, just like everyone was a Bulls fan and are now Lebron/Curry fans. So what happens when those players retire? The NBA needs the Bucks of the world to grow those small markets.

Capt Bringdown
06-01-2017, 11:24 PM
That would be the shortest playoffs since the first round got extended from five games to seven. This is uncharted territory for the league.

It will be interesting to see how this hurt's the NBA's number$. However, if/when they do intervene, it will likely NOT be to enable/develop parity.

I recall how they responded the 2007's lowest rated finals ever - to instantly resurrect (via absurd one-sided trades) the Lakers and Celtics. So much for parity.

InRareForm
06-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Curry will probably never get finals MVP

daslicer
06-01-2017, 11:43 PM
It will be interesting to see how this hurt's the NBA's number$. However, if/when they do intervene, it will likely NOT be to enable/develop parity.

I recall how they responded the 2007's lowest rated finals ever - to instantly resurrect (via absurd one-sided trades) the Lakers and Celtics. So much for parity.

I see defensive rule changes happening eventually much like the league started to implement zone defense once a lot of casual fans got sick of Shaq's dominance during the 3 peat Lakers run.

DMC
06-02-2017, 01:06 AM

Oh yeah, that's why they raised the salary cap and guys are going to make 40 million a year. They are losing money hand over fist now that the Spurs are eliminated.

TDMVPDPOY
06-02-2017, 01:41 AM
would be funni if curry loses another fmvp....

dav4463
06-02-2017, 02:05 AM
This NBA today looks like a YMCA pickup game....only with really athletic players. No strategy, just rely on your one on one talent, jack a few 3's, throw down some dunks...and the casual fan will follow.

AlexJones
06-02-2017, 06:08 AM
Curry and Durant don't care about who wins FMVP this year. They're going to share like 4 titles together. They might both surpass Kobe for top 10 when it's all said and done.

da_suns_fan
06-02-2017, 09:48 AM

:lol

The most exciting, unpredictable, explosive basketball in the history of the NBA and Spurs fan calls it "garbage".

da_suns_fan
06-02-2017, 09:49 AM
This NBA today looks like a YMCA pickup game....only with really athletic players. No strategy, just rely on your one on one talent, jack a few 3's, throw down some dunks...and the casual fan will follow.

sh9eGkAfUUI

Butt-hurt Spurs fans!

The Gemini Method
06-02-2017, 12:20 PM
At one point, Curry was being labeled an oft-injured slight PG. So, I'm sure he's appreciative that he is on the Warriors. I mean, it seems that he doesn't have that ego where it puts him in that stratosphere of needing to be the man. I think the one who might be disgruntled at the moment is Thompson. Though, Klay is in a major swoon, he still killed it on the other side of the ball. I think he'll be the first of the 4 to leave Oakland. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

thunder
06-02-2017, 12:32 PM

The most exciting, unpredictable, explosive basketball in the history of the NBA and Spurs fan calls it "garbage".
Nah it's pretty boring, faggot. And this is coming from a non-Spurs fan.

Mark Celibate
06-02-2017, 01:16 PM

roflwut?

Clipper Nation
06-02-2017, 02:34 PM

The style of play is better than previous eras (though it could be even better; there needs to be more balance on offense instead of spamming threes), but it's ruined by how non-competitive the league is now. The style of play isn't enough on its own when there aren't any stakes in 99.9% of the games. And unlike you, most NBA fans aren't thrilled with losing.

06-02-2017, 02:37 PM
The style of play is better than previous eras (though it could be even better; there needs to be more balance on offense instead of spamming threes), but it's ruined by how non-competitive the league is now. The style of play isn't enough on its own when there aren't any stakes in 99.9% of the games. And unlike you, most NBA fans aren't thrilled with losing.
:lmao

Koolaid_Man
06-02-2017, 03:24 PM
there's nothing more gratifying than seeing these Pussy Spur and Mav fan fuck boys and girls lose their marbles over the Dubs in command..May the meltdowns continue.

#veryhappy

Koolaid_Man
06-02-2017, 03:27 PM

I'm especially pleased to see you in pain like a pussy just raw fucked by Kool....you're the biggest Cock sucker in the US. You go from Chris Paul's dick, the Kiwi's dick, and now on to Lebron's steroid tiny cock. You're the ultimate Jizz man.

DMC
06-02-2017, 03:44 PM
I'm especially pleased to see you in pain like a pussy just raw fucked by Kool....you're the biggest Cock sucker in the US. You go from Chris Paul's dick, the Kiwi's dick, and now on to Lebron's steroid tiny cock. You're the ultimate Jizz man.

And he hasn't been happy doing it. It's angrily, resentfully sucking the cock. He's fuming, stroking, finger around the back and exploring betwixt the hairs, just furiously sucking, and every breath he gathers he bitches about the unfairness of the rest of the game before he resumes worshipping at the loin teat.

spursistan
06-02-2017, 04:00 PM

TD 21
06-02-2017, 04:17 PM

It was never as bad in the past as a 73-win team adding the former MVP who choked and quit against them in the offseason. If the Warriors sweep, the year will end with only 78 playoff games having been played. That would be the shortest playoffs since the first round got extended from five games to seven. This is uncharted territory for the league.

:tu

At least post 60s, the league has never been like this, when you knew on July 4th that the Finals and champion were a lock, barring at least 1 significant injury. Bulls, Lakers, etc., were overwhelming favorites at various points, but weren't unbeatable and elite teams could give them competitive series'.

Ratings and general interest will inevitably decline once this becomes old hat and casual fan realizes that no one can even do that with this team.

Since it's more than likely not possible to build a team to beat them anytime soon (Paul to Spurs would be punchers chance, though it's more than likely not happening), the next step is rule change(s). Time to move 3-point line back a few feet and do away with corner 3's entirely.

sasaint
06-02-2017, 07:31 PM

At least post 60s, the league has never been like this, when you knew on July 4th that the Finals and champion were a lock, barring at least 1 significant injury. Bulls, Lakers, etc., were overwhelming favorites at various points, but weren't unbeatable and elite teams could give them competitive series'.

Ratings and general interest will inevitably decline once this becomes old hat and casual fan realizes that no one can even do that with this team.

Since it's more than likely not possible to build a team to beat them anytime soon (Paul to Spurs would be punchers chance, though it's more than likely not happening), the next step is rule change(s). Time to move 3-point line back a few feet and do away with corner 3's entirely.

:toast

daslicer
06-02-2017, 07:39 PM
there's nothing more gratifying than seeing these Pussy Spur and Mav fan fuck boys and girls lose their marbles over the Dubs in command..May the meltdowns continue.

#veryhappy

The feeling is mutual Kool and I enjoy seeing the misery of Laker fans when the Lakers finish every season with 20 some wins and fail to get the lottery pick they wanted and end up with busts like Russell,Randle. Kool trust me I will be enjoying the comedy Lavar will be bringing to the Lakers for years to come.

Mark Celibate
06-02-2017, 09:11 PM

stfu, you butthurt faggots. The Spurs have been contenders for pretty much the last 18 years and now all of a sudden, the one year they're not, you act like there's something morally wrong with the league. I didn't hear this bitching when you guys were beating up on the Suns who played the exact same way or when you beat the Heat who were also considered a super team. Speaking of the Warriors, the 2006-07 Warriors played some of the dumbest, rec league basketball of all time but there was a semen cloud over Spurstalk when they went on their run in the playoffs. Didn't hear any whining then either

If Chris Paul joins the Spurs, you queers will be right back on board jerking each other's 4 inch peckers

daslicer
06-02-2017, 09:27 PM
stfu, you butthurt faggots. The Spurs have been contenders for pretty much the last 18 years and now all of a sudden, the one year they're not, you act like there's something morally wrong with the league. I didn't hear this bitching when you guys were beating up on the Suns who played the exact same way or when you beat the Heat who were also considered a super team. Speaking of the Warriors, the 2006-07 Warriors played some of the dumbest, rec league basketball of all time but there was a semen cloud over Spurstalk when they went on their run in the playoffs. Didn't hear any whining then either

If Chris Paul joins the Spurs, you queers will be right back on board jerking each other's 4 inch peckers

Wow a Mavs fan forming a gay alliance with Laker and suns fan to troll spur fans. :lol I guess you guys have one important thing in common which is your teams will continue to make lottery trips for the rest of the decade. Also get the fuck out of here with this nonsense that the Spurs were contenders for all 18 years. The Spurs weren't legit contenders from '08-'12. Those were the down years but majority of people in here never bitched about it. The majority of fans in here prior to '13 didn't think the Spurs would ever make it back to the finals and were pretty much content with the way things were. You sound like the one butt hurt with your retarded rants. If you want to throw salt at spur fans for losing to the warriors that's fine but be obvious about it instead of pretending to be objective which your not.

therealtruth
06-02-2017, 09:38 PM
The problem is Kawhi should have been better friends with Durant so he could have lured him to come to SA.

DMC
06-02-2017, 11:14 PM

Which is funny because the Spurs were as much contenders this season as almost any season in those 18 years other than the ones they made the Finals. Spurs fan thinks the NBA will shut down if the :cry beautiful game isn't front and center in a sweltering, broken down AC AT&T center in June. Some of the worst front running faggots in the nation.

By all accounts they could very well just have a Timberwolves level franchise, and if you allowed these guys to make the decisions that's what you'd have. Blow it up, every year we don't ring... blow it up. Trade everyone.

DMC
06-02-2017, 11:16 PM
The problem is Kawhi should have been better friends with Durant so he could have lured him to come to SA.

Because that's what Durant wanted, another team with a chucking PG who freezes out the real talent so he can get his.

ambchang
06-03-2017, 09:36 AM
Alternatively the league would let the Warriors go up 3-0 then let the cavs come back and win it all to let eveveryone think that you really need to follow the playoffs because of how unpredictable the NBA really is.

Mark Celibate
06-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Wow a Mavs fan forming a gay alliance with Laker and suns fan to troll spur fans. :lol I guess you guys have one important thing in common which is your teams will continue to make lottery trips for the rest of the decade. Also get the fuck out of here with this nonsense that the Spurs were contenders for all 18 years. The Spurs weren't legit contenders from '08-'12. Those were the down years but majority of people in here never bitched about it. The majority of fans in here prior to '13 didn't think the Spurs would ever make it back to the finals and were pretty much content with the way things were. You sound like the one butt hurt with your retarded rants. If you want to throw salt at spur fans for losing to the warriors that's fine but be obvious about it instead of pretending to be objective which your not.

I said 'pretty much' which means most of those 18 years. IMO, the Spurs weren't really contenders in 08 and 09 when they lost early to Dallas and Phoenix respectively but every other year, they had a legitimate shot. You're telling me in 2010 they weren't contenders when they were the #1 seed? I think if 8 didn't happen, they would've given Dallas fits. I say that as a Mavs fan who shudders at the thought of having Jason Kidd try to stay with Tony Parker. 2011 they barely lost to OKC and would've atleast had a puncher's chance in the Finals against Miami since they played them close the next two years. So no, I'm not buying those two years as not being legit contenders.

The rest of your post is autistic mouthbreathing, which I ignored

HarlemHeat37
06-03-2017, 02:04 PM
I said 'pretty much' which means most of those 18 years. IMO, the Spurs weren't really contenders in 08 and 09 when they lost early to Dallas and Phoenix respectively but every other year, they had a legitimate shot. You're telling me in 2010 they weren't contenders when they were the #1 seed? I think if 8 didn't happen, they would've given Dallas fits. I say that as a Mavs fan who shudders at the thought of having Jason Kidd try to stay with Tony Parker. 2011 they barely lost to OKC and would've atleast had a puncher's chance in the Finals against Miami since they played them close the next two years. So no, I'm not buying those two years as not being legit contenders.

:lol that poster and the Bulls fan in the other thread are like posting robots that are programmed to only write cliches and discuss the good ol' days..

TD 21
06-03-2017, 03:49 PM

No, they haven't been; they've been elite, but 4 or 5 of those years, they had no chance to win the championship.

You're an idiot if you think those teams compare to this Warriors one. No one can even play a competitive series against this team and since it's not possible to come close to their talent level, the next best thing is changing the rules. The league has done it throughout their history whenever they felt something became too dominant or prevalent and the 3 has now become that the past 3 years.

They also shouldn't want most of the league thinking they have to play a certain way in order to keep up; variety is good. It's not just the Warriors, the Cavaliers, Rockets and Celtics, are the others, but they don't have the talent level of the former.

daslicer
06-03-2017, 05:40 PM
:lol that poster and the Bulls fan in the other thread are like posting robots that are programmed to only write cliches and discuss the good ol' days..

:lol The same could be said about your typical new age bs propaganda posts along with your racial posts.

daslicer
06-03-2017, 05:45 PM

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel when I read your posts.