PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: 38/8/8

Ghazi
06-01-2017, 10:29 PM
DurAlpha tbh

HarlemHeat37
06-01-2017, 10:30 PM
It's crazy how he's the 2nd or 3rd best in the league, yet Curry still draws more attention from the opposing defense, tbh..historically stacked team..

LkrFan
06-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Spurs had them down 23, then let them off the hook 4 straight times, just like that! :lol

DMC
06-01-2017, 10:39 PM
Spurs had them down 23, then let them off the hook 4 straight times, just like that! :lol

And you let them off the hook 5 years in a row. Check that, I don't think you even had a fishing pole, I think you were using a beer can and some old monofilament you found in the trash can, with no license.

06-01-2017, 10:40 PM
It's crazy how he's the 2nd or 3rd best in the league, yet Curry still draws more attention from the opposing defense, tbh..historically stacked team..Kawhi MVP tbh

TheCultOfPersonality
06-01-2017, 10:42 PM
And people thought they gave up way too much to get Durant. :lmao

Clipper Nation
06-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Those stats came off wide-open shots created by the sheer amount of defensive attention that Curry is drawing. Durbeta is literally thumping his chest and bragging about the equivalent of shooting in an empty gym.

:lol "Alpha"... a real "alpha" would have finished off the Warriors with a 3-1 lead last year, not choked, quit, and joined them in the offseason.

whitemamba
06-01-2017, 10:43 PM
:lol das colddddd

whitemamba
06-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Those stats came off wide-open shots created by the sheer amount of defensive attention that Curry is drawing. Durbeta is literally thumping his chest and bragging about the equivalent of shooting in an empty gym.

:lol "Alpha"... a real "alpha" would have finished off the Warriors with a 3-1 lead last year, not choked, quit, and joined them in the offseason.

You salty as hell bruh

06-01-2017, 10:45 PM

Truthbombs tbh

DMC
06-01-2017, 10:46 PM

If he was playing checkers, sure. He's playing chess. He joined and cucked the b2b MVP who beat him. He's going to take the Finals MVP from him. He couldn't have done that in OKC. This time next year it will be "Steph who?".

HarlemHeat37
06-01-2017, 10:46 PM

There are several of those threads upstairs from earlier in the season, tbh:lol

Harrison Barnes and Bogut:lol some people even mentioned Barbosa :lmao

DMC
06-01-2017, 10:47 PM
There are several of those threads upstairs from earlier in the season, tbh:lol

Harrison Barnes and Bogut:lol some people even mentioned Barbosa :lmao

Don't forget Festus!

Clipper Nation
06-01-2017, 10:50 PM
If he was playing checkers, sure. He's playing chess.

He's playing pick-up ball against grade schoolers and bragging when he doesn't let them get a shot off.

DAF86
06-01-2017, 10:53 PM
It would be a travesty if he gets finals MVP, tbh.

Championship is a given, but if he also wins individual silverware it would be too much prize for such a chickenshit move. Smart for sure, but chickenshit, tbh.

Bynumite
06-01-2017, 10:54 PM
The San Antonio Cavs bandwagon wanted a generational superstar like Durant to waste his prime getting chucked out of the playoffs season after season by Westbrick.

Dumbasses :lol

hitmanyr2k
06-01-2017, 10:55 PM
Like I said before, if Durant stays aggressive and does this all series it's going to squash some of that criticism, especially if Klay's shot remains MIA and Draymond Green plays like the typical 4th option. Durant's play set the tone tonight and he out-shined everyone else on the floor.

spurraider21
06-01-2017, 10:55 PM
If he was playing checkers, sure. He's playing chess. He joined and cucked the b2b MVP who beat him. He's going to take the Finals MVP from him. He couldn't have done that in OKC. This time next year it will be "Steph who?".
:lol you've been thinking that for years

DMC
06-01-2017, 10:59 PM
He's playing pick-up ball against grade schoolers and bragging when he doesn't let them get a shot off.
:lol he's playing the defending champs who have three franchise players in the starting lineup. Meanwhile KD and Curry are the only franchise players for the Warriors. Why is Irving and Lebron with Kevin Love somehow at a disadvantage talent-wise? Lebron is the best player since Mike. Irving has the best handles in the league, 1st overall draft pick, Uncle Drew and all.. while Kevin Love won a gold medal, was the face of the franchise in Minnesota and stat padded for years. Then you have another 1st overall draft pick in Tristan Thompson in the center, getting destroyed. Once you fuck a fat Kardashian you never recover. Look what it did to Lamar and Harden. Look what it did to Reggie Bush and Kanye West and Kris Humphries who was bound for glory.

Who is on the Warriors that is so dominant? The beta Durant? Curry the chucker? Can't be Klay, did he make a shot tonight? David West? Zaza?

OH I know, they moved the ball while Lebron et al played iso-hero ball, a regression to the 4th year Heat days.

DMC
06-01-2017, 10:59 PM
:lol you've been thinking that for years

Never said it before.

DMC
06-01-2017, 11:00 PM
The San Antonio Cavs bandwagon wanted a generational superstar like Durant to waste his prime getting chucked out of the playoffs season after season by Westbrick.

Dumbasses :lol

Truth bomb

whitemamba
06-01-2017, 11:03 PM
:lol he's playing the defending champs who have three franchise players in the starting lineup. Meanwhile KD and Curry are the only franchise players for the Warriors. Why is Irving and Lebron with Kevin Love somehow at a disadvantage talent-wise? Lebron is the best player since Mike. Irving has the best handles in the league, 1st overall draft pick, Uncle Drew and all.. while Kevin Love won a gold medal, was the face of the franchise in Minnesota and stat padded for years. Then you have another 1st overall draft pick in Tristan Thompson in the center, getting destroyed. Once you fuck a fat Kardashian you never recover. Look what it did to Lamar and Harden. Look what it did to Reggie Bush and Kanye West and Kris Humphries who was bound for glory.

Who is on the Warriors that is so dominant? The beta Durant? Curry the chucker? Can't be Klay, did he make a shot tonight? David West? Zaza?

OH I know, they moved the ball while Lebron et al played iso-hero ball, a regression to the 4th year Heat days.
Chicken breast , and salad ... my nigga

Clipper Nation
06-01-2017, 11:07 PM
:lol he's playing the defending champs who have three franchise players in the starting lineup.
:lol Are you actually implying that Kyrie and Love are franchise players? They couldn't even make the playoffs once as The Guy on their teams. Even playing together, they're 4-12 when LeBron's not there to carry them. They don't even deserve to be all-stars, let alone considered franchise players.

Meanwhile KD and Curry are the only franchise players for the Warriors.
So that's two franchise players to the Cavs' one. They also have a better overall starting lineup and more depth.

Why is Irving and Lebron with Kevin Love somehow at a disadvantage talent-wise?
Irving and Love are fake stars and the rest of the roster blows chunks. That's why. One player isn't beating this Warriors team all by themselves, I don't care who they are.

Irving has the best handles in the league
:lol No wonder you were vouching for Jamal Crawford over Manu in that other thread. I guess flashy AND1 dribble moves really are more important to you than fundamentals, shot selection or defense.

1st overall draft pick
So was Anthony Bennett.

Kevin Love won a gold medal, was the face of the franchise in Minnesota and stat padded for years.
How many playoff appearances? How many actual NBA accomplishments did he have in Minnesota, not Olympic medals that he was carried to by stacked teams against third-world countries?

Then you have another 1st overall draft pick in Tristan Thompson in the center, getting destroyed.
Oh really? Which year was Thompson drafted first overall? I'll wait.

DAF86
06-01-2017, 11:11 PM
I told you I don't dance for you.

There are only a handful of real franchise players in the NBA. These are people you can build your franchise around for the foreseeable future and have good success. I don't think an organization as savvy as the Spurs took a guy who would fit that bill and put him as a 6th man for years. I trust Pop's IQ and decision making more than that. It doesn't mean Manu wasn't a great player, but some of you are narrowing down to a fine point and altering the meaning of the term "franchise player".

If you consider that Tim was the cog on the Spurs, then Manu was the cog off the bench. So in that sense Manu was a franchise player since the bench was consistently built with up-tempo offense that suits Manu's playing style. It's not the same (philo) to say he was part of the franchise big 3 and to say he could have been THE franchise guy on another team.

Could Manu have been the best player on a good team? Sure.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Seriously, how much more retarded can you get? :lol

Thread
06-01-2017, 11:16 PM

Thank Christ. Otherwise, I'm sittin' here, dick in my hand.

Thread
06-01-2017, 11:18 PM
Truth bomb

Mighty hit it square on the fuckin' head there.

Mighty

AlexJones
06-01-2017, 11:18 PM
That the instagram bitch from WWE? god damn

spursistan
06-01-2017, 11:35 PM

This is like the 3rd or fourth thread this week I see DMC getting bodied in ..Not sure if he is still playing obtuse in that Kawhi vs Klay "debate" :lol..

Arcadian
06-01-2017, 11:47 PM
Not bad for the 3rd best player on the planet. (1 Kawhi, 2 Lebron)

DMC
06-01-2017, 11:55 PM
:lol Are you actually implying that Kyrie and Love are franchise players? They couldn't even make the playoffs once as The Guy on their teams. Even playing together, they're 4-12 when LeBron's not there to carry them. They don't even deserve to be all-stars, let alone considered franchise players.

Absolutely. If you think Manu could have been a franchise player then by all means Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are franchise players, both led franchises. They don't have to make the playoffs to be franchise players. How is your 1st overall pick PG who was the focus on offense for the team until Lebron came back, not a franchise player? How is the guy who gets 30 points and 30 rebounds, makes 4 all star teams, 2 time All NBA 2nd teams and the Olympic gold medal team not the franchise player in Minnesota when he's the focus and the team built around him?

Was Cousins a franchise player in Sacramento? You bet. They didn't make the playoffs either.

What, suddenly a franchise player has to be top 10 talent? :lol

So that's two franchise players to the Cavs' one. They also have a better overall starting lineup and more depth.

No. Curry was drafted 7th overall. Even KD wasn't a 1st overall pick. Lebron, Kyrie both 1st overall picks. Kevin love, 5th overall pick. So you have 2 1st overall draft picks, a 4th and 5th against a 2nd and 7th overall. I know you want to factor in their season results but that's circular reasoning. You can't say they are better because they get better results. If they are better, it's because they play better together. Lebron's teams don't gel right away in these things but they still could.

Irving and Love are fake stars and the rest of the roster blows chunks. That's why. One player isn't beating this Warriors team all by themselves, I don't care who they are.

Everyone is a fake star when they lose. This is the same team that won last year... when the Warriors won 73 RS games and 3 finals games.

:lol No wonder you were vouching for Jamal Crawford over Manu in that other thread. I guess flashy AND1 dribble moves really are more important to you than fundamentals, shot selection or defense.

He's the reason the Cavs won the Finals last year, or one of the reasons. You're hardly the bastion of pragmatism and NBA acumen. If anything, your the NBA forum version of Boutons.

So was Anthony Bennett.

Exactly, and so was Wiggins. Cavs had 5 1st overall picks that they could play together. Hard to feel they are somehow at a disadvantage.

How many playoff appearances? How many actual NBA accomplishments did he have in Minnesota, not Olympic medals that he was carried to by stacked teams against third-world countries?

Irrelevant. It's who Lebron traded 2 1st overall picks for.

Oh really? Which year was Thompson drafted first overall? I'll wait.
Meant 4th overall.

Are you really lamenting the lack of talent in Cleveland? :lol

They are just as stacked at the Warriors. Their flaw is that Lebron isn't a great 3pt shooter and they don't move the ball well but none of Lebron's teams ever did. He's a great passer, but they've never had a system that really emphasized getting the ball to an open shooter, only to a specific player, namely Lebron. That's why his teams need to be stacked with talent, because if you're going to go iso on 80% of your plays, you better have some good 1 on 1 players and bailout bigs and shooters.

:cry Poor Lebron, not enough talent on other teams for him to pilfer.

DMC
06-01-2017, 11:59 PM

Obviously KD wasn't the franchise player in OKC per ST butthurt krew. That would be Russell, or did the Beta tag suddenly not mean what it obviously has meant for years?

Stick with fellating Manu, he's going to retire soon and you and the rest of the South American contingent will be cheering for poverty ball again.

DAF86
06-02-2017, 12:06 AM
You have to hand it to him, tbh. That's some elite level argument twisting right there. :lol

#1 pick=automatic franchise guy

All heil the great Kwame Brown. Franchise player. American hero.

spurraider21
06-02-2017, 12:12 AM
Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are franchise players, both led franchises. They don't have to make the playoffs to be franchise players.

There are only a handful of real franchise players in the NBA. These are people you can build your franchise around for the foreseeable future and have good success.

:lmao stop, bro

http://www.johnlocke.org/site-docs/lockerroom/movinggoalpost.gif

spurraider21
06-02-2017, 12:13 AM
only way this works is if DMC thinks you can have good success while missing the playoffs

:corn:

DMC
06-02-2017, 12:20 AM
You have to hand it to him, tbh. That's some elite level argument twisting right there. :lol

#1 pick=automatic franchise guy

All heil the great Kwame Brown. Franchise player. American hero.

He was the best player on the franchise and they were building around him. When Lebron came back, it was Kryie's team. This we all know.

You struck the mold by promoting Manu to a franchise player through prognostication.

DMC
06-02-2017, 12:21 AM
:lmao stop, bro

http://www.johnlocke.org/site-docs/lockerroom/movinggoalpost.gif
I clearly distinguish Manu level "franchise player" from "real" ones, and yet you cherry pick one that suits you again, lapdog.

spurraider21
06-02-2017, 12:22 AM
:lol franchise players are those you can build around with success
:lol these two guys who never made the playoffs as lead players are franchise players

you cant address the argument on the merits, so you deflect with :cry philo, :cry lapdog, :cry no stance!, :cry pinoy! it's adorable, really.

spurraider21
06-02-2017, 12:24 AM
I clearly distinguish Manu level "franchise player" from "real" ones, and yet you cherry pick one that suits you again, lapdog.
oh so now there are franchise players, and REAL franchise players as a separate category?

well that's a convenient development...

DMC
06-02-2017, 12:25 AM
:lol franchise players are those you can build around with success
:lol these two guys who never made the playoffs as lead players are franchise players
Neither has Manu, yet you and others here swear he could have. When cornered on it the response was that Manu could have been a franchise player on half the teams in the league, yet half the teams in the league didn't make the playoffs.

So pick a lane. Either accept my definition which I will gladly retract my statement about Irving and Love, or we can take your stance and I will accept that Manu might have been the best scorer on a shitty team. Take your pick.

spurraider21
06-02-2017, 12:27 AM
Neither has Manu, yet you and others here swear he could have. When cornered on it the response was that Manu could have been a franchise player on half the teams in the league, yet half the teams in the league didn't make the playoffs.

So pick a lane. Either accept my definition which I will gladly retract my statement about Irving and Love, or we can take your stance and I will accept that Manu might have been the best scorer on a shitty team. Take your pick.
your definition adapts when it's convenient. now i'm learning that you have a category for franchise players and a special category for "real" franchise players. was michael redd a franchise player? a real franchise player? a quasi franchise player? i dont know

you wont pick a lane and answer if manu is better or worse a player than redd

DMC
06-02-2017, 12:28 AM
your definition adapts when it's convenient. now i'm learning that you have a category for franchise players and a special category for "real" franchise players.

No, I won't let DAF use a double standard. If he thinks Manu being the best player on a non-playoff team makes him a franchise player, then Kyrie and Love were franchise players. You cannot have it both way. Tell him I said that when you return to his lap.

So which is it, Philo?

spurraider21
06-02-2017, 12:30 AM
so you wont let DAF have a double standard, but you let yourself come up with evolving definitions of franchise player on a post to post basis to satisfy the argument du jour

DMC
06-02-2017, 12:31 AM
Why are you editing your posts Philo? I don't need to chase your Redd herring. I never said Manu was better or worse than Redd. I just offered the stats. If you think Manu could have replaced Redd, then was Redd a franchise player or not?

DMC
06-02-2017, 12:32 AM
so you wont let DAF have a double standard, but you let yourself come up with evolving definitions of franchise player on a post to post basis to satisfy the argument du jour

I posted the Wiki definition right away. Since then it's been DAF being a Manutard and you lapdogging him until his penis falls to sleep.

spurraider21
06-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Why are you editing your posts Philo? I don't need to chase your Redd herring. I never said Manu was better or worse than Redd. I just offered the stats. If you think Manu could have replaced Redd, then was Redd a franchise player or not?i edited my post because i wanted to change something in my initial post. it's not rocket science.

DAF86
06-02-2017, 12:35 AM
No, I won't let DAF use a double standard. If he thinks Manu being the best player on a non-playoff team makes him a franchise player, then Kyrie and Love were franchise players. You cannot have it both way. Tell him I said that when you return to his lap.

So which is it, Philo?

When did I ever say that? :lol

I stated from the get go that I thought Manu could be the best player on a good NBA team. That clearly implies making the playoffs (and more, tbh).

Chris
06-02-2017, 12:37 AM

AU0u6SCAXWI

DMC
06-02-2017, 12:47 AM
When did I ever say that? :lol

I stated from the get go that I thought Manu could be the best player on a good NBA team. That clearly implies making the playoffs (and more, tbh).

You said Manu was better than Ray Allen, Allen Iverson, Steve Nash and you threw in Starbury there to try to clean it up. I said early on Manu could be the best player on a good NBA team. No team would use him as the center piece for building though, he's be just a good player on a good team. That's not what a franchise player is. This was addressed already.

DAF86
06-02-2017, 12:56 AM
You said Manu was better than Ray Allen, Allen Iverson, Steve Nash and you threw in Starbury there to try to clean it up. I said early on Manu could be the best player on a good NBA team. No team would use him as the center piece for building though, he's be just a good player on a good team. That's not what a franchise player is. This was addressed already.

I never said Steve Nash, tbh. Although it could be argued, imho. And yeah, I will always argue Manu > Iverson. My two favourite players, the two players I have seen the most of. I know their strengths and weaknesses and I know for sure who the better player is.

P/S: You keep switching your definition of "franchise player", why are you acting like it has been "adressed"? :lol

LkrFan
06-02-2017, 04:28 AM

Wanna talk about this shiiiiiiiiit?

:rollin :lmao :rollin

lebomb
06-02-2017, 07:04 AM
KD had a great game no doubt. But, lets not get carried away. Lets see how he does the entire series before we make final judgments.

djohn2oo8
06-02-2017, 07:38 AM
So CN wants to complain about Durant being beta when LeBron started all this shit?

baseline bum
06-02-2017, 07:48 AM
lol "Alpha"... a real "alpha" would have finished off the Warriors with a 3-1 lead last year, not choked, quit, and joined them in the offseason.

baseline bum
06-02-2017, 07:52 AM
So CN wants to complain about Durant being beta when LeBron started all this shit?

LeBron left a team whose GM thought getting washed up Shaq, washed up Ben Wallace, washed up Antawn Jamison, and losers like Mo Williams and Anthony Parker was a sufficient supporting cast to compete. Durant left a team with the MVP and a ton of frontcourt depth who would have had a real shot at a title every year.

Thread
06-02-2017, 07:54 AM

That's the line Media set & CN followed right in. You've done likewise, dj. I've seen ya. They bark & you come a runnin'.

hitmanyr2k
06-02-2017, 08:01 AM
LeBron left a team whose GM thought getting washed up Shaq, washed up Ben Wallace, washed up Antawn Jamison, and losers like Mo Williams and Anthony Parker was a sufficient supporting cast to compete. Durant left a team with the MVP and a ton of frontcourt depth who would have had a real shot at a title every year.

Let's not get it twisted. Durant left a team with a low IQ bonehead chucker who never met a shot he didn't like :lol This season just magnified what a chucker hero-baller Westbrook really is. MVP though. Today's NBA :lol

baseline bum
06-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Let's not get it twisted. Durant left a team with a low IQ bonehead chucker who never met a shot he didn't like :lol This season just magnified what a chucker hero-baller Westbrook really is. MVP though. Today's NBA :lol

Durant left a title contender. James left a Cleveland team with nothing but dogshit around him and no real prospects for improving. Unless djohn is referring to LeBron leaving Miami, which I still think was about James being pissed he took a paycut to sign Mike Miller only to have Mickey Arison amnesty the guy. I'd be angry in James' shoes then because he didn't take a paycut to put more money into the owner's bank account, especially after Miller was an important part of their 2013 Finals win and his absence was evident in the 2014 Finals when Miami had no one else to go to as Chalmers shit the bed. Either way, Durant abandoning his team was nothing like what James did.

Ice009
06-02-2017, 08:48 AM

Truer words have not been spoken.

Killakobe81
06-02-2017, 08:50 AM

You gloss over the fact LeBron lobbied for some of those guys just like he begged for a BACKUP PG ...and got Dwill. Who was horrible last night.LeBron didnt stay and lead his team ... he went back ...if Durant is beta so is LeBron he just followed the blueprints...

Killakobe81
06-02-2017, 08:55 AM
Btw if LeBron loses i bet cp3 and or melo end up in Cleveland...
He will superfriend it up again ...

djohn2oo8
06-02-2017, 09:37 AM

And LeBron in his prime joined two other All Stars still in theirs. Did that not set the precedent? The Playoffs are unwatchable because of it.

djohn2oo8
06-02-2017, 09:38 AM
You gloss over the fact LeBron lobbied for some of those guys just like he begged for a BACKUP PG ...and got Dwill. Who was horrible last night.LeBron didnt stay and lead his team ... he went back ...if Durant is beta so is LeBron he just followed the blueprints...

This. LeBron lobbied for Shaq. Antwan Jamison. Oh and he lobbied for Tristan Thompson to get that fat ass contract. It's time to stop absolving him of blame.

djohn2oo8
06-02-2017, 09:39 AM
And LeBron lobbied for K. Love. At one point he lobbied for Stoudamire right before he broke down .

baseline bum
06-02-2017, 09:42 AM
And LeBron in his prime joined two other All Stars still in theirs. Did that not set the precedent? The Playoffs are unwatchable because of it.

It's not even close to the same thing, and the only Finals that weren't competitive after James went to Miami were in 2012 (even though the 2012 Thunder were by far the most talented team he faced in the Finals while in Miami). If James was already in Miami and left Wade to go play for Boston in 09 then you'd have something similar to Durant's bitch move.

baseline bum
06-02-2017, 09:47 AM
This. LeBron lobbied for Shaq. Antwan Jamison. Oh and he lobbied for Tristan Thompson to get that fat ass contract. It's time to stop absolving him of blame.

I don't remember Jamison. I remember him being somewhat excited about Shaq.

hitmanyr2k
06-02-2017, 09:54 AM
It's not even close to the same thing, and the only Finals that weren't competitive after James went to Miami were in 2012 (even though the 2012 Thunder were by far the most talented team he faced in the Finals while in Miami). If James was already in Miami and left Wade to go play for Boston in 09 then you'd have something similar to Durant's bitch move.

It's really no different though lol. Lebron & friends colluded and formed a super-team basically depriving two other teams of their franchise players making the Eastern Conference that much weaker.

baseline bum
06-02-2017, 10:07 AM
It's really no different though lol. Lebron & friends colluded and formed a super-team basically depriving two other teams of their franchise players making the Eastern Conference that much weaker.

How is it not different to leave a garbage supporting cast vs leaving a championship supporting cast to go play for the team you choked to?

lebomb
06-02-2017, 10:07 AM

BUT!!! Lebron didnt leave a team that got back door swept and joined the team that back door swept them to guarantee himself a ring. You never saw Tim, Jordan, Bird, Magic, or anyone else do that "cant beat em, then join em shit". KD could have asked for a piece or two, or maybe not add a damn thing and get it done that way. The back door sweep should have amped him up enough to try beating them again. I honestly think the Thunder could have won in a rematch. A few adjustments and the back door sweep would not happen again. Thats a true champion IMHO. :claw

hitmanyr2k
06-02-2017, 10:17 AM
BUT!!! Lebron didnt leave a team that got back door swept and joined the team that back door swept them to guarantee himself a ring. You never saw Tim, Jordan, Bird, Magic, or anyone else do that "cant beat em, then join em shit". KD could have asked for a piece or two, or maybe not add a damn thing and get it done that way. The back door sweep should have amped him up enough to try beating them again. I honestly think the Thunder could have won in a rematch. A few adjustments and the back door sweep would not happen again. Thats a true champion IMHO. :claw

I'm not excusing KD for that. It was a shitty move. When comparing the situation of Lebron and KD both are still playing bitch poker. KD just took Lebron one step further. "Ok, Lebron I'll see your bitch ass collusion to form your superteam and raise you joining the team that beat me in the WCF, top that".

DD
06-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Arcadian is a massive faggot

baseline bum
06-02-2017, 10:39 AM
I'm not excusing KD for that. It was a shitty move. When comparing the situation of Lebron and KD both are still playing bitch poker. KD just took Lebron one step further. "Ok, Lebron I'll see your bitch ass collusion to form your superteam and raise you joining the team that beat me in the WCF, top that".

Meh LeBron joined a 47 win Heat team who completely gutted their roster so that the only talent on the team was James, Wade, Bosh, Haslem, and Miller. 6-12 the Heat were horrible. Durant joined a 73 win team that dumped an average SF to land him and got an equal value replacement at center while still keeping their top two bench guys in addition to a ridiculous starting lineup. Was Bosh + Miller even close to as good as Green + Thompson? Durant took LeBron about five steps further.

hitmanyr2k
06-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Meh LeBron joined a 47 win Heat team who completely gutted their roster so that the only talent on the team was James, Wade, Bosh, Haslem, and Miller. 6-12 the Heat were horrible. Durant joined a 73 win team that dumped an average SF to land him and got an equal value replacement at center while still keeping their top two bench guys in addition to a ridiculous starting lineup. Was Bosh + Miller even close to as good as Green + Thompson? Durant took LeBron about five steps further.

In the East 3 all-stars were a freakin luxury. Who was their best competition? A one man show Bulls team, a geriatric Celtics team and a one man show Pacers team. Would KD even have had the guts to make that bitch move if Lebron hadn't done it first with success? Maybe in KD's mind he's thinking if Lebron can collude, have success and have that bitch move forgotten by the sports world after winning titles maybe I can do the same. Forget loyalty and all that bullshit. Dump my current team, sign with the best players in my conference and chase rings. #TodaysNBA.

lebomb
06-02-2017, 11:09 AM
In the East 3 all-stars were a freakin luxury. Who was their best competition? A one man show Bulls team, a geriatric Celtics team and a one man show Pacers team. Would KD even have had the guts to make that bitch move if Lebron hadn't done it first with success? Maybe in KD's mind he's thinking if Lebron can collude, have success and have that bitch move forgotten by the sports world after winning titles maybe I can do the same. Forget loyalty and all that bullshit. Dump my current team, sign with the best players in my conference and chase rings. #TodaysNBA.

Exactly!!!!! :claw

Horse
06-02-2017, 12:37 PM
DurAlpha tbh
So what? if they win they're supposed to and Durant is a bitch anyway you slice it. Let there be a 3-5 point game with 2 min left and you'll see the real Durant.

DMC
06-02-2017, 01:46 PM
I never said Steve Nash, tbh. Although it could be argued, imho. And yeah, I will always argue Manu > Iverson. My two favourite players, the two players I have seen the most of. I know their strengths and weaknesses and I know for sure who the better player is.

P/S: You keep switching your definition of "franchise player", why are you acting like it has been "adressed"? :lol

Not a Tim Duncan, Lebron James type of franchise player of course but a Steve Nash, Allen Iverson type. The kind of player that can be the face of a franchise for a long period of time, sell tickets and be relatively succesful. Let's say the 1999 draft happens again with the knowledge we all have now of how good each player is going to be. I think it's fair to say that Manu would go as the 1st pick (some may pick Baron Davis).
:lmao

spurraider21
06-02-2017, 01:57 PM
thats not him saying manu is better than nash. bragging about your knowledge of the english language then making that mistake :lol

of course, no way to argue this on the merits, so i'm expecting :cry lapdog :cry philo :cry no stance!

thunder
06-02-2017, 02:03 PM
thats not him saying manu is better than nash. bragging about your knowledge of the english language then making that mistake :lol

of course, no way to argue this on the merits, so i'm expecting :cry lapdog :cry philo :cry no stance!
What up bitchtits. Are you a lawyer yet tbh?

spurraider21
06-02-2017, 02:17 PM
What up bitchtits. Are you a lawyer yet tbh?
recently graduated, so yeah i guess i'm a lawyer but unemployed and not licensed to practice in any state at the moment :lol. taking the CA bar in july

DMC
06-02-2017, 02:23 PM

Philapdog to the rescue!

"A Steve Nash, Allen Iverson type" but "Manu is better than Iverson". Then he's better than Nash if Iverson and Nash are of the same type.

Now Manu is a b2b league MVP and 4 time scoring champion to boot.

Amazing. Before you know it, Manu will be better than Mike, then maybe even Evil Knievel.

spurraider21
06-02-2017, 02:29 PM
Philapdog to the rescue!

"A Steve Nash, Allen Iverson type" but "Manu is better than Iverson". Then he's better than Nash if Iverson and Nash are of the same type.

Now Manu is a b2b league MVP and 4 time scoring champion to boot.

Amazing. Before you know it, Manu will be better than Mike, then maybe even Evil Knievel.he said manu would be the same TYPE of franchise player as iverson and nash, and not in the duncan/lebron mold. he then went on to define exactly what he meant by the iverson/nash mold.

in a separate post he specifically said manu > iverson, but not "Manu is better than both those guys anyway." similarly, classifying lebron/duncan as the same type of franchise player doesn't mean he thinks they're exactly equal. your reading comprehension is complete shit.

thunder
06-02-2017, 02:30 PM
recently graduated, so yeah i guess i'm a lawyer but unemployed and not licensed to practice in any state at the moment :lol. taking the CA bar in july
Nice good shit. What kind of lawyer are you, or planning on being?

spurraider21
06-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Nice good shit. What kind of lawyer are you, or planning on being?
i want to get into public defense work in the near future, but it's extremely competitive in SoCal... LA/Ventura/Santa Barbara county public defenders office almost never offers first year attorneys jobs, so i'm probably going to bide my time until i have enough experience to be considered there. i have a gig lined up with a local civil litigation firm as a placeholder... the work is boring but easy. also the gf just sent her med school apps in, so i might be moving to another state depending on how that turns out.

Dex
06-02-2017, 02:50 PM
i want to get into public defense work in the near future, but it's extremely competitive in SoCal... LA/Ventura/Santa Barbara county public defenders office almost never offers first year attorneys jobs, so i'm probably going to bide my time until i have enough experience to be considered there. i have a gig lined up with a local civil litigation firm as a placeholder... the work is boring but easy. also the gf just sent her med school apps in, so i might be moving to another state depending on how that turns out.

Hold up... people actually WANT to be public defenders?

spurraider21
06-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Hold up... people actually WANT to be public defenders?yeah, the outside impression of public defenders is that its a last resort job that lawyers don't want to take (an impression I admittedly held years ago)... but in reality it's actually quite enviable and competitive. for me, it's more of wanting to be in a trial setting as often as possible, and that's next to impossible for a young attorney in the private sector

Dex
06-02-2017, 03:10 PM
yeah, the outside impression of public defenders is that its a last resort job that lawyers don't want to take (an impression I admittedly held years ago)... but in reality it's actually quite enviable and competitive. for me, it's more of wanting to be in a trial setting as often as possible, and that's next to impossible for a young attorney in the private sector

Makes sense. Best of luck, buddy!

baseline bum
06-02-2017, 03:43 PM
yeah, the outside impression of public defenders is that its a last resort job that lawyers don't want to take (an impression I admittedly held years ago)... but in reality it's actually quite enviable and competitive. for me, it's more of wanting to be in a trial setting as often as possible, and that's next to impossible for a young attorney in the private sector

:cry So Better Call Saul was lying to me? :cry

spurraider21
06-02-2017, 03:51 PM
:cry So Better Call Saul was lying to me? :cry
maybe new mexico is different than CA :lol

djohn2oo8
06-02-2017, 05:53 PM
I don't remember Jamison. I remember him being somewhat excited about Shaq.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2010/2/3/1290499/nba-trade-deadline-antawn-jamison-rumor-danny-ferry-lebron-james-jj-hickson
Yep. Around the same time the Amare to Cleveland talks were happening.

HarlemHeat37
06-02-2017, 05:55 PM
How is it not different to leave a garbage supporting cast vs leaving a championship supporting cast to go play for the team you choked to?

That poster once said that those Heat teams didn't have a single legitimate star, tbh:lol

Clipper Nation
06-02-2017, 06:23 PM
That poster once said that those Heat teams didn't have a single legitimate star, tbh:lol
:lol I forgot about that. That explains all the horrible antiquated takes he was spewing in the game thread last night, tbh.

djohn2oo8
06-02-2017, 06:50 PM

It is close. The best player in the league left to join two other all Stars that literally left no competition in the East. Does Durant go to GS if LeBron never joins Wade and Bosh?

Clipper Nation
06-02-2017, 07:16 PM
:lol The Celtics, the Bulls and the Pacers were more competition in the East than this Warriors team is facing in the West. LeBron could have retired in 2010 and it wouldn't have stopped that coward Durbeta from riding on the Warriors' coattails in 2017.

Killakobe81
06-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Btw 35 8 and 8 only been done by Kobe Shaq and the GOAt at least that is what I read ...very exclusive company.

Ice009
06-03-2017, 12:59 AM
Btw 35 8 and 8 only been done by Kobe Shaq and the GOAt at least that is what I read ...very exclusive company.

In the finals? Hasn't Lebron had a similar stat line numerous times in previous finals games?

DAF86
06-03-2017, 06:42 AM

Dumb motherfucker. :lol

baseline bum
06-03-2017, 07:20 AM
In the finals? Hasn't Lebron had a similar stat line numerous times in previous finals games?

James only had 41/16/7 with 3 steals in Game 5 and 41/8/11 with 4 steals in Game 6.

Ice009
06-03-2017, 09:29 AM
James only had 41/16/7 with 3 steals in Game 5 and 41/8/11 with 4 steals in Game 6.

I thought he either had some similar or better games stat wise, thanks. What is Killakobe81 going on about with only Shaq, Kobe and Jordan having better stat lines than the past game from KD?

Anyway, f$%# both the Warriors and Cavs. Hopefully, they both lose somehow.

Clipper Nation
06-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Exactly. That's what Killa was referring to when he listed the GOAT alongside Shaq and Kobe.

djohn2oo8
06-03-2017, 10:28 AM
:lol The Celtics, the Bulls and the Pacers were more competition in the East than this Warriors team is facing in the West. LeBron could have retired in 2010 and it wouldn't have stopped that coward Durbeta from riding on the Warriors' coattails in 2017.

CROFL the Bulls being competition with Thibs running his players in the ground. LeBron going to Miami changed the land scape of the NBA and "superteams". Like how LeBron colluded with Wade and Bosh, the Warriors were recruiting Durant DURING the season. Yeah don't tell me LeBron didn't set a precedent.

baseline bum
06-03-2017, 10:34 AM
CROFL the Bulls being competition with Thibs running his players in the ground. LeBron going to Miami changed the land scape of the NBA and "superteams". Like how LeBron colluded with Wade and Bosh, the Warriors were recruiting Durant DURING the season. Yeah don't tell me LeBron didn't set a precedent.

Because before James no one ever talked about free agency with other players?

ambchang
06-03-2017, 10:39 AM
http://bkref.com/tiny/Pf6Rs

djohn2oo8
06-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Because before James no one ever talked about free agency with other players?

Before James how many MVP candidates in their primes colluded with other all Stars to form a superteam? And by collude I mean agree to form a superteam while under contract with their current team?

Thread
06-03-2017, 11:08 AM
Before James how many MVP candidates in their primes colluded with other all Stars to form a superteam? And by collude I mean agree to form a superteam while under contract with their current team?

Trump never colluded, dj. That's your hatred surfacing because Trump beat Clinton. I'm sick a of this shit, 7 days a week. The FBI is now in it's 12th month of investigating collusion and they can't find shit, nor shinola.

baseline bum
06-03-2017, 11:14 AM
Trump never colluded, dj. That's your hatred surfacing because Trump beat Clinton. I'm sick a of this shit, 7 days a week. The FBI is now in it's 12th month of investigating collusion and they can't find shit, nor shinola.

Trump colluded, not James

djohn2oo8
06-03-2017, 11:42 AM

If they didn't find shit the investigation would be over but it ain't :lol

If you are confident make a bet.

HarlemHeat37
06-03-2017, 02:06 PM
Man, I hope djohn doesn't have a job that involves arguing or making points:lol 90% of the shit he says doesn't make any sense and usually contradicts something he said on a different day..

LkrFan
06-03-2017, 03:46 PM
Man, I hope djohn doesn't have a job that involves arguing or making points:lol 90% of the shit he says doesn't make any sense and usually contradicts something he said on a different day..

baseline bum
06-03-2017, 04:57 PM

He could still be president.

Silver&Black
06-03-2017, 06:04 PM

He's the kind of guy that won't ever change his mind though....no matter what he sees happen. That fool probably still thinks Harden>Kawhi.

djohn2oo8
06-03-2017, 06:12 PM

Says the guy who praised LeBron for going to Miami and called him a coon for going back to Cleveland. (And then praised him again) And you want to talk about contradicting. :lol

LkrFan
06-03-2017, 08:23 PM

whitemamba
06-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Agreed D, that Miami move really fucked the NBA hard, it's been on a downward spiral in terms of competition imho. Sure you can factor the CBA, but the biggest take is that lebrons friendly mentality. Being all buddy buddy and shit, it's kind of soft. I just don't feel like guys want to go at each other as much as before. It's kind of gay. Just seems like today's NBA is about making money and friends rather than being competitive and wanting to embarrass the opponent.

LkrFan
06-04-2017, 07:59 AM

:wow :lol

LkrFan
06-04-2017, 08:00 AM
:lol das colddddd

LkrFan
06-04-2017, 08:11 AM
Absolutely. If you think Manu could have been a franchise player then by all means Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are franchise players, both led franchises. They don't have to make the playoffs to be franchise players. How is your 1st overall pick PG who was the focus on offense for the team until Lebron came back, not a franchise player? How is the guy who gets 30 points and 30 rebounds, makes 4 all star teams, 2 time All NBA 2nd teams and the Olympic gold medal team not the franchise player in Minnesota when he's the focus and the team built around him?

Was Cousins a franchise player in Sacramento? You bet. They didn't make the playoffs either.

No. Curry was drafted 7th overall. Even KD wasn't a 1st overall pick. Lebron, Kyrie both 1st overall picks. Kevin love, 5th overall pick. So you have 2 1st overall draft picks, a 4th and 5th against a 2nd and 7th overall. I know you want to factor in their season results but that's circular reasoning. You can't say they are better because they get better results. If they are better, it's because they play better together. Lebron's teams don't gel right away in these things but they still could.

Everyone is a fake star when they lose. This is the same team that won last year... when the Warriors won 73 RS games and 3 finals games.

He's the reason the Cavs won the Finals last year, or one of the reasons. You're hardly the bastion of pragmatism and NBA acumen. If anything, your the NBA forum version of Boutons.

Exactly, and so was Wiggins. Cavs had 5 1st overall picks that they could play together. Hard to feel they are somehow at a disadvantage.

Meant 4th overall.

They are just as stacked at the Warriors. Their flaw is that Lebron isn't a great 3pt shooter and they don't move the ball well but none of Lebron's teams ever did. He's a great passer, but they've never had a system that really emphasized getting the ball to an open shooter, only to a specific player, namely Lebron. That's why his teams need to be stacked with talent, because if you're going to go iso on 80% of your plays, you better have some good 1 on 1 players and bailout bigs and shooters.

:corn: :wow :lmao

LkrFan
06-04-2017, 08:19 AM

Truth.com ^^ yep yep

LkrFan
06-04-2017, 08:24 AM

Are you really justifying the FACT that LeHype's 2010 collusion with Wade and Bosh stemmed from the 2008 Olympics? That's rich.

Kobe never left Kwame, Smush, Mihm, Puke Walton and Mihm. LeHype supporting cast was waaaaaay better than these bums...yet here we are Kobe 5, LeHype 3 :)

LkrFan
06-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Trump colluded, not James

:lol

UZER
06-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Are you really justifying the FACT that LeHype's 2010 collusion with Wade and Bosh stemmed from the 2008 Olympics? That's rich.

Kobe never left Kwame, Smush, Mihm, Puke Walton and Mihm. LeHype supporting cast was waaaaaay better than these bums...yet here we are Kobe 5, LeHype 3 :)

He sure as hell tried.

Koolaid_Man
06-04-2017, 09:48 AM
Like I said before, if Durant stays aggressive and does this all series it's going to squash some of that criticism, especially if Klay's shot remains MIA and Draymond Green plays like the typical 4th option. Durant's play set the tone tonight and he out-shined everyone else on the floor.

You need to to get off Durants dick and stop throwing shade at the nigga....If Lebron wins another ring you're the gotdam fool that will be pissed at more of the MJ comparisons...Prioritize nigga...Prioritize get your fucking head outta the sand already

Koolaid_Man
06-04-2017, 09:53 AM

The problem is Westbrook....he's an Alpha mentality on steriods....it wasnt gonna work with Durant and Westbrook....sometimes when you get tired of the pussy it's time for some new strange. I don't begrudge Durant.....it does make it harder for the Spurs though LOL

Koolaid_Man
06-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Wanna talk about this shiiiiiiiiit?

:lmao:rollin:rollin

:lmao:rollin:rollin

Koolaid_Man
06-04-2017, 09:58 AM
I think Westbrook is a Better basketball player than Curry..on both ends of the floor... but sometimes it doesn't work out. However, may Curry continue doing the lawds work....LOL

Koolaid_Man
06-04-2017, 10:01 AM

Meant 4th overall.

I'm proud of you bruh....you been giving Bell Boy *aka* Clippa Darryl a real good and solid butt fucking. You just going all up in his shit raw....you not even waiting till he's full bent over. Just straight ramming and plowing his shit like a 10 ton OX.

DeadlyDynasty
06-05-2017, 03:26 PM
Is that common? Can't you be working for a firm as a paralegal or in the mail room or something till you pass the bar?

spurraider21
06-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Is that common? Can't you be working for a firm as a paralegal or in the mail room or something till you pass the bar?it's incredibly common. bar prep is a full time job, i'm enrolled in a daily course that starts at 9am...

i was working as a law clerk at a firm during the spring and will be rejoining them in the same position after taking the bar. but its a norm for people to leave firms during bar prep. big firms will actually pay to enroll you in a full time prep course

DeadlyDynasty
06-05-2017, 03:49 PM
it's incredibly common. bar prep is a full time job, i'm enrolled in a daily course that starts at 9am...

i was working as a law clerk at a firm during the spring and will be rejoining them in the same position after taking the bar. but its a norm for people to leave firms during bar prep. big firms will actually pay to enroll you in a full time prep course
Good stuff. I ask because a buddy of mine I worked with in Afghanistan did his prep online (I guess). He had a good gig going and also a family, so I think he was worried about money coming in.

I go back to school this Fall, and we're not allowed to work once we start the program, which is a little unsettling. I hate not having money coming in

spurraider21
06-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Good stuff. I ask because a buddy of mine I worked with in Afghanistan did his prep online (I guess). He had a good gig going and also a family, so I think he was worried about money coming in.

I go back to school this Fall, and we're not allowed to work once we start the program, which is a little unsettling. I hate not having money coming inyeah its not mandatory... but pretty common. i mean there are people who work full time and do law school at nights, let alone bar prep. but thats not the most common route

what kinda schooling you doing?

DeadlyDynasty
06-05-2017, 03:55 PM
PA school