PDA

View Full Version : How invested do you think Pop will be w/o the Big 3?

raybies
06-02-2017, 11:10 AM
You ever had friends you grew up with, that you played with or went out and did things with and then for whatever reason life happens and you grow apart. Then you try to do the same thing with other people and it's just not the same....

Well tbh, this year i thought he was into it. And in the playoffs, for the most part he did a good job imo, but sometimes mainly during the regular season, I felt like he was a little disinterested at times. Anyone else getting that?

With Tony's injury and Manu's likely retirement the writing is on the wall, and the old dynasty is coming to an end.

Say we get Paul, how invested will he be without the Big 3 or say with Murray fe. What's it gonna be like when you get players like Dedmon or maybe it is Paul and they just talk back and give Pop a piece of their mind. And then it's like the old ways have vanished.

On a tangent here so follow me, so much risk is involved with hiring FA's or let's say mercenaries. When you draft and develop, you can mold young players into your culture and they become apart of that culture. When you have an old star come into the fold, he's like set in his ways. You get what you see and you deal with it. I'm not gonna go to far into this and make it another CP3 thread so I leave with this, do you think Pop wants to coach other stars and if so, how much time does he give it if it's not the same?

TheGreatYacht
06-02-2017, 11:23 AM
This was his best coaching performance in the playoffs since 2014 tbh.. only moves I hated was when he started David Lee for 4 games and benched Murray for Pity Mills.

raybies
06-02-2017, 11:26 AM
This was his best coaching performance in the playoffs since 2014 tbh.. only moves I hated was when he started David Lee for 4 games and benched Murray for Pity Mills.
yeah feel the same.. not playing Dedmon was my only fuss but he had his reasons

Play Boban
06-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Poop won't be the same without having Porker around to bang his wife tbh.

dabom
06-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Murray wasn't winning us the Rockets series. Stop it, faggot. :lmao

cd98
06-02-2017, 11:41 AM
I'm sure Pop would like to win one without TD and against the Superteams.

Keepin' it real
06-02-2017, 11:43 AM

:cry

raybies
06-02-2017, 11:46 AM
I'm sure Pop would like to win one without TD and against the Superteams.
possibly his greatest accomplishment? basketball wise that is

therealtruth
06-02-2017, 10:14 PM
Pop's ego as far as winning isn't all that much. So I think winning without big 3 wouldn't mean as much as one might think. He's the guy who says you can't win it each year. It seems he gets more enjoyment out of the process than the results.

SAGirl
06-02-2017, 11:08 PM
I thought he was engaged in the season, but at times he was really frustrated (that's when he threw games). I think Kawhi being the league MVP (Pop's words) kept him engaged enough but he has seemed put off by others in the team at different times.

DMC
06-02-2017, 11:09 PM
He didn't have the big 3 when he won his first ring. He built the big 3. He'll be fine.

DMC
06-02-2017, 11:10 PM
What are you, like 14 years old?

Play Boban
06-02-2017, 11:16 PM
What are you, like 14 years old?
Am I wrong?

BackHome
06-03-2017, 10:30 AM
15?

DarrinS
06-03-2017, 10:34 AM
I'm kinda tired of Pop, tbh. His putting players in the proverbial doghouse. His schtick with the media. His political rants.

As someone who constantly talks about "getting over yourself", he should do the same.

cd98
06-03-2017, 10:42 AM
I've never seen Pop as pissed as when Kawhi went down. He knew it was over for that year. I think he's invested.

raybies
06-03-2017, 10:51 AM
I've never seen Pop as pissed as when Kawhi went down. He knew it was over for that year. I think he's invested.
Good point. Hadn't seen him that mad since 2015 when the Clippers scorekeeper started the clock early before we inbounded and blew our play. We've had some pretty bad luck the last 3 years. Paul's game winner, Manu getting pushed by the inbounder, Kawhi going down... frankly I just attribute it to not being our time.

superbigtime
06-03-2017, 02:48 PM

polandprzem
06-04-2017, 10:04 AM

sananspursfan21
06-04-2017, 02:05 PM
Actually, I believe it's a new opportunity for him. Hopefully he'll view it like a new pair of shoes. You love your old ones and you miss them, but they were getting uncomfortable, the soles got slick, and the laces were starting to tear. You get them new shoes with the bright white laces, clean grippy soles and comfortable as hell after you break them in :flag:

Play Boban
06-04-2017, 02:21 PM
15?
I don't think you're that old tbh.

Play Boban
06-04-2017, 02:22 PM
I'm kinda tired of Pop, tbh. His putting players in the proverbial doghouse. His schtick with the media. His political rants.

As someone who constantly talks about "getting over yourself", he should do the same.
Agreed. And without a Porker he might quit tbh.

wildbill2u
06-05-2017, 10:17 AM
I think that I read somewhere that he told both LMA and Kwahi he wouldn't retire but would see them through the next few years to build a championship team. I think Pop teaches that players should respond to a challenge and work hard. It would be hard for him to renege on that promise and the challenge to build another dynasty before giving the reins up. And Buford will also stay.

DaBears
06-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Pop was a coach before the big 3, he will continue for another couple and then hang it up.. Or till he finds a successor, its not so much as he would lose the love for coaching as it would have to do more with his age.. the guy is in his late 60 early 70's.. He is due to retire any season now. Once he is confident he's found a good replacement you'll see him hang up the clipboard and whistle.