PDA

View Full Version : Parker: " I (still) want to play three more seasons, do the 20 seasons with Spurs"

spursistan
06-04-2017, 02:43 PM

Thinking TP is getting dumped :lol..

"I hope that the Spurs will offer me a final contract."

"I will be entering my final contract year, it will be the first time in my career that I will be free-agent. I've already said it several times, I want to play three more seasons, do the 20 seasons with the Spurs, and I think it's two decades. I want to continue to perform well in the floor."

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-04-2017, 02:45 PM
People think they'll salary dump him :lmao

spursistan
06-04-2017, 02:45 PM
:lmao..

spursistan
06-04-2017, 02:46 PM
PATFO will move Aldridge and Green before they even think about dumping Parker..

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-04-2017, 02:47 PM
If anything he'll be a major part of the pitch to Paul, if there's one at all.

coachmac87
06-04-2017, 02:49 PM
The fact he has to come out and say it publicly makes it sound desperate tbh....

DesignatedT
06-04-2017, 02:50 PM
So the guy has confidence in himself and his ability to bounce back from surgery...? Good for him.

The Spurs and ultimately Tony will wait and see how he looks after his surgery before ultimately making any decisions about his future past his current contract.

dabom
06-04-2017, 02:50 PM
The fact he has to come out and say it publicly makes it sound desperate tbh....

Can't he just do some more HEB and Car commercials? :lmao

dabom
06-04-2017, 02:52 PM
the POS that keeps on giving. I thought the last 3 years was his final contract. :lol

I mean... :pctoss

MaNu4Tres
06-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Spurs will be worse next yr if they keep TP and get Paul. That means we will see a lot of Tony - CP3 - Kawhi backcourt lineups when it matters. Cant match up vs the best teams like that. Warriors would kill SA when Tony is on the court. Man I wish Tonys ego wasnt as big as it is.

Mikeanaro
06-04-2017, 02:54 PM
5 year 650 million will do it!

DesignatedT
06-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Spurs will be worse next yr if they keep TP and get Paul. That means we will see a lot of Tony - CP3 - Kawhi backcourt lineups when it matters. Cant match up vs the best teams like that. Warriors would kill SA when Tony is on the court. Man I wish Tonys ego wasnt as big as it is.

Not necessarily true. Depends how he looks when he comes back but Pop has already shown he's willing to put Tony on the bench in crunch time situations. Patty was the primary closer at the PG position for most of the season.

coachmac87
06-04-2017, 03:09 PM

Tony stated he knows he's coming off the bench and playing the Manu limited minutes/role

kaji157
06-04-2017, 03:12 PM
The fact that he need to make specially clear that he wants to play IN THE SPURS. Makes it sound that he is trying to put pressure on the FO.
I never saw TD or Manu doing so.
He must know the Spurs are doubtful to keep up with him.

FkLA
06-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Can't even walk but still cancering it up smh.

loveforthegame
06-04-2017, 03:22 PM
:vomit:

MaNu4Tres
06-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Tony stated he knows he's coming off the bench and playing the Manu limited minutes/role

Spurs wont be much better without Green. I dont care how much offensive talent you have, if you cant match up defensively against the Warriors you have zero chance. Zero. Warriors has the toughest D in the league because of their versatility, all of their wings are good to great defenders. All ehile, their offense is the hardest to matchup with but with the Kawhi, rise of Simmons, and Green trio, Spurs were getting very close -- maybe a versatile mobile big away like Jordan Bell.

Take out Green and the Spurs take a significant step back defensively when it matters ( cld careless about regular season rankings in a water downed league). Spurs need at least 3 to 4 great perimeter defenders, who can shoot and arent liabilities on O if they want a real shot at beating GS. Losing one, when these types are hard to find or replace will hurt SA when it matters most.

TD 21
06-04-2017, 03:31 PM
I don't see how wanting to play as long as possible and do so with the only team he's ever played for, has anything to do with ego.

Obviously, if Paul were to sign, they'd be better off keeping Green, but why should that be Parker's concern?

They won't salary dump him, but at the same time, the only way he'd be a fit going forward, in this scenario, is if he becomes more of a spot up three-point shooter (which may have to happen by default anyway). That's the only way he can pair with Murray off the bench.

LaMarcus Bryant
06-04-2017, 03:33 PM
Spurs wont be much better without Green. I dont care how much offensive talent you have, if you cant match up defensively against the Warriors you have zero chance. Zero. Warriors has the toughest D in the league because of their versatility, all of their wings are good to great defenders. All ehile, their offense is the hardest to matchup with but with the Kawhi, rise of Simmons, and Green trio, Spurs were getting very close -- maybe a versatile mobile big away like Jordan Bell.

Take out Green and the Spurs take a significant step back defensively when it matters ( cld careless about regular season rankings in a water downed league). Spurs need at least 3 to 4 great perimeter defenders, who can shoot and arent liabilities on O if they want a real shot at beating GS. Losing one, when these types are hard to find or replace will hurt SA when it matters most.

Agreed.

MaNu4Tres
06-04-2017, 03:38 PM
I don't see how wanting to play as long as possible and do so with the only team he's ever played for, has anything to do with ego.

Obviously, if Paul were to sign, they'd be better off keeping Green, but why should that be Parker's concern?

They won't salary dump him, but at the same time, the only way he'd be a fit going forward, in this scenario, is if he becomes more of a spot up three-point shooter (which may have to happen by default anyway). That's the only way he can pair with Murray off the bench.

The fact that he really thinks he can play til 2020/2021 says hes either delusional or he has a big ego ( that he cant let go).

The guy has regressed the past 3 seasons. Unlike most, I wont let the 5 good playoff games out of 7-8 this past year take that fact away.

TD 21
06-04-2017, 03:47 PM
The fact that he really thinks he can play til 2020/2021 says hes either delusional or he has a big ego ( that he cant let go).

The guy has regressed the past 3 seasons. Unlike most, I wont let the 5 good playoff games out of 7-8 this past year take that fact away.

More so the former. Ultimately, you only really have to let go when no one will sign you anymore. Of course, you could argue that he'd be somewhat holding the Spurs hostage by playing beyond '18 (especially if they sign Paul and wouldn't really have a place for him), because he knows that they don't want to have to tell him that; but still.

Everything you said is true about Green, but a superstar still has to be prioritized over a role player, even one that important and difficult to replace.

People talk about the loyalty with Parker, but what about Green? I find it hard to believe he left roughly $20M on the table in '15 on his own volition. I suspect he did them a solid in part because they had an understanding that they'd make him whole in '18. If true, then that wouldn't be much better than trading Parker.

Hoops Czar
06-04-2017, 03:52 PM

What exactly did he do defensively against the Warriors that made any impact and who did he shut down? Let's stop overrating a has-been that's been on the decline for quite some time now. He's still a good transition defender but in order to see it, the Spurs have to turn the ball over. Also, Green was 11-39 (7/23-3pt) in the series against the Warriors. He's not irreplaceable by any stretch and the only silver lining I can think in favor of keeping him is his player option at season's end. There's a chance he could come on strong next season if he wants to opt out in which case, the Spurs could lose him or be forced to pay more in order to keep him.

noles1983
06-04-2017, 04:03 PM
get the fuck off the team already, 3 more seasons... Why would we want to watch more of your 0 point, 0 assist games? the fuck outta here

Truth4sale$
06-04-2017, 04:06 PM
Tony was playing great(playoffs vs regular season) before the injury, and its not just his scoring or barely passable defense that i refer to, its his leadership and corporate knowledge. That could not be replaced once he was out in the playoffs. If he managed his minutes and moved to the bench it would be possible to keep playing 3 more years. He would have to accept also being a a 3rd string point guard and likely the veteran minimum, but as the Spurs get younger, he would be a great resource of experience to pass on to new and younger players.

Play Boban
06-04-2017, 04:27 PM
He'll be in a wheelchair within three years tbh. Doe she really want to play as a cripple?

Mark Celibate
06-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Can't even walk but still cancering it up smh.

det gif :lmao

daslicer
06-04-2017, 05:03 PM
Tony was playing great(playoffs vs regular season) before the injury, and its not just his scoring or barely passable defense that i refer to, its his leadership and corporate knowledge. That could not be replaced once he was out in the playoffs. If he managed his minutes and moved to the bench it would be possible to keep playing 3 more years. He would have to accept also being a a 3rd string point guard and likely the veteran minimum, but as the Spurs get younger, he would be a great resource of experience to pass on to new and younger players.

He won't accept being a third stringer or a paycut. He's going to want to get Kobe like contract and get the same treatment that Kobe got during his final years with the Lakers.

spursistan
06-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Though the timing of these declarations is very interesting, i would be shocked if Parker isn't in the CP3 recruitment meeting (TP/Duncan/Kawhi will be there).

coachmac87
06-04-2017, 05:10 PM

I agree keeping Green is the better route...but we also don't know what he'd be replaced with and until we know it's tough to make a judgment.

TheRemix
06-04-2017, 05:17 PM
Dude did great against memphis and rockets..but GS would've abused tony in that series. Spurs need to focus on players that match up well against the dubs. Thanks for everything tony but you're done

bic50
06-04-2017, 05:34 PM
5 year 650 million will do it!
:lol

TD 21
06-04-2017, 05:37 PM
I agree keeping Green is the better route...but we also don't know what he'd be replaced with and until we know it's tough to make a judgment.

I don't think anyone would debate keeping Green being the better route . . . but realistically, that's not the route they'd go down.

As far as replacements, probably Sefolosha (sub par shooter) or Afflalo (sub par defender). Drafting Hart at 29 is another possibility.

Hoops Czar
06-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Though the timing of these declarations is very interesting, i would be shocked if Parker isn't in the CP3 recruitment meeting (TP/Duncan/Kawhi will be there).

The only player at recruitment that will matter to CP3 is Kawhi. Hopefully he's not expecting any kids in the next few months.

DPG21920
06-04-2017, 05:46 PM
People mad at a player wanting to play for the franchise he loves.

Chillen
06-04-2017, 05:49 PM
As much as it pains me to say this and Parker has done many things for the Spurs, Spurs should trade him and dump the contract. Wether CP3 signs or not he won't be healed to January maybe. I'd trade him for Rubio or Melo if CP3 doesn't sign with the Spurs.

People mad at a player wanting to play for the franchise he loves.

Not me, I understand and it would be painful for the Spurs FO to trade him but there are better options out there to keep this team going strong and in the NBA loyalty only goes so far. If it's for a chance to sign CP3, Spurs FO would have to say bye Tony. Even Melo would be better, maybe Pop can teach him how to play defense, lol. Knicks would take Parker to get Melo the hell out of there.

DPG21920
06-04-2017, 06:03 PM
People make a ton of assumptions. The level TP played at in the playoffs and his knowledge of the system - what if he meant he will take the min for the last 3 years to mentor and help off the bench? He'd be perfect in that role assuming his comes back from injury fine.

Also, people are acting like TP means that if he can't play he "expects" a contract no matter what. He's assuming that he's going to fully recover. That's his mindset. It's not rocket science guys.

-21-
06-04-2017, 06:13 PM
Three more seasons is surprising but I wouldn't mind him in a limited role as a mentor coming off the bench. Obviously the possible price tag is the most concerning. I don't see the Spurs letting him go elsewhere like Manu last offseason.

BillMc
06-04-2017, 06:18 PM
If he 1) can get healthy (huge if given that he has the same injury than finished Barkley) and 2) the price is very reasonable and 3) he is willing to take a bench seat if necessary, then why not. He's a SA legend, want to keep him a career Spur.

SupremeGuy
06-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Can't even walk but still cancering it up smh.Yup. The fuck is his problem?

coachmac87
06-04-2017, 06:35 PM
The biggest problem with this whole Parker/Spurs/Retirement thing is the Spurs have to make their decision by July 1st right??

dabom
06-04-2017, 06:37 PM
Vet min. :lol

Down Under
06-04-2017, 06:46 PM
I'm not against it as long as there's no impact on getting free agents or re-signing players. He knows he's been overpaid the past 3 seasons, so it would be a very modest contract id imagine. Murray will start the first 40 games next season, that's guaranteed, as we know Parker will be out until then. We'll get a pretty good idea on how much he's improved, but the signs and the physical tools are there that, at the very least, he's going to get everything out of himself.

Play Boban
06-04-2017, 06:51 PM
People make a ton of assumptions. The level TP played at in the playoffs and his knowledge of the system - what if he meant he will take the min for the last 3 years to mentor and help off the bench? He'd be perfect in that role assuming his comes back from injury fine.

Also, people are acting like TP means that if he can't play he "expects" a contract no matter what. He's assuming that he's going to fully recover. That's his mindset. It's not rocket science guys.
Porker is not going to take less than $15 million/year tbh. Yes got a mad ego and still thinks he should get paid like an NBA MVP, even though he has no business being within a mile of the starting lineup tbh.

Play Boban
06-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Vet min. :lol
I know right? These dumb Spurs fans think this greedy Frenchie blowhard is going to take so little money? :lol

DPG21920
06-04-2017, 06:56 PM
Porker is not going to take less than $15 million/year tbh. Yes got a mad ego and still thinks he should get paid like an NBA MVP, even though he has no business being within a mile of the starting lineup tbh.

I will take that bet. $1000 that he takes less than 15M per year on his next deal? If he retires obviously null and void. Deal?

Play Boban
06-04-2017, 06:58 PM
I will take that bet. $1000 that he takes less than 15M per year on his next deal? If he retires obviously null and void. Deal?
:lol I'm not going to take a bet with some troll on an Internet forum. :lol

DPG21920
06-04-2017, 06:58 PM
:lol I'm not going to take a bet with some troll on an Internet forum. :lol

Ummm hmmmm

bigfan
06-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Hey, the Spurs traded The Iceman.

dabom
06-04-2017, 07:04 PM
"Vet min" "less than 15 million" :lol

Hoops Czar
06-04-2017, 07:10 PM
I know right? These dumb Spurs fans think this greedy Frenchie blowhard is going to take so little money? :lol

Well, that Argentinian blowhard made $14M when he was worth vet minimum so if RC is going to offer him a boatload of free money based on past accomplishments, he's not going turn it down

Play Boban
06-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Well, that Argentinian blowhard made $14M when he was worth vet minimum so if RC is going to offer him a boatload of free money based on past accomplishments, he's not going turn it down
:cry

RD2191
06-04-2017, 08:22 PM
:wakeup fuck

SASdynasty!
06-04-2017, 08:27 PM
He outplayed the highest paid PG in NBA history when it mattered most. And that was this year.

G6:

Parker: 27 pts on 79% shooting
Conley: 26 PGs on 39% shooting

Dude proves he can not only still score, but do it at ridiculously high efficiency when it matters most.

SequSpur
06-04-2017, 09:33 PM
He outplayed the highest paid PG in NBA history when it mattered most. And that was this year.

G6:

Dude proves he can not only still score, but do it at ridiculously high efficiency when it matters most.

0 points, 0 assists and 0 rebounds, and 0 steals.. his plus/minus is probably the worst in the NBA among starting point guards... WTF!!!

Play Boban
06-04-2017, 10:33 PM

G6:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201306180MIA.html

6/23.

cjw
06-04-2017, 11:13 PM
Dude did great against memphis and rockets..but GS would've abused tony in that series. Spurs need to focus on players that match up well against the dubs. Thanks for everything tony but you're done

Not any less than they abused Mills. And Parker should be making a lot less money on his next deal than Mills will.

Ice009
06-04-2017, 11:18 PM
So the guy has confidence in himself and his ability to bounce back from surgery...? Good for him.

The Spurs and ultimately Tony will wait and see how he looks after his surgery before ultimately making any decisions about his future past his current contract.

Well, they sure as fuck better wait and see how he performs coming back from injury this time around instead of stupidly offering him an extension like they did after the 2014 season.

DAF86
06-04-2017, 11:38 PM

Do you really think TP would be cool with getting a three year deal for the minimum? Is that even possible? Most vet min deals I know are a year long.

TP's skillset just doesn't translate to role playing abilities, and he isn't good enough anymore to be more than a role player. So his insistance on keep playing puts the Spurs on a conundrum: on one hand you want to respect a franchise legend, but on the other hand you just can't get better as a team if you don't move on.

Even as a backup I don't think TP would be of much help, unless he shows he can mantain what he did these past playoffs for an entire season and have him as the go to guy of the second unit. That's the only scenario where I can see him as a serviceable player, because he just isn't made for off-ball duties.

Ice009
06-05-2017, 12:03 AM

When/where did he make this statement?

TheGreatYacht
06-05-2017, 12:11 AM
What exactly did he do defensively against the Warriors that made any impact and who did he shut down? Let's stop overrating a has-been that's been on the decline for quite some time now. He's still a good transition defender but in order to see it, the Spurs have to turn the ball over. Also, Green was 11-39 (7/23-3pt) in the series against the Warriors. He's not irreplaceable by any stretch and the only silver lining I can think in favor of keeping him is his player option at season's end. There's a chance he could come on strong next season if he wants to opt out in which case, the Spurs could lose him or be forced to pay more in order to keep him.
I still wonder if these posters watch the games. Green hasn't locked a star down since 2014, his shooting is attrocious. I trust Parker's 3 pointers more than Green's, that's how bad it is.

Manure fans gonna Manure, I guess. At the end of the day Parker was our 2nd best player in the playoffs while Manure was putting up 0's across the board when it mattered. Don't care what he did in garbage time against the Duds

TheGreatYacht
06-05-2017, 12:14 AM
Manure earned $14,000,000 in 2013 when he turned the ball over 8 times in the finals. Thought that was the last time I had to see the piece of shit, then he got a 14M/ 2 yr extension. Then this past year he got paid $14,000,000 again. Talk about loyalty contracts god damn. The fact these Manure fans don't want to give Parker his loyalty contract is disgusting. They're the reason Trump won.

SAGirl
06-05-2017, 12:22 AM
Do you really think TP would be cool with getting a three year deal for the minimum? Is that even possible? Most vet min deals I know are a year long.

TP's skillset just doesn't translate to role playing abilities, and he isn't good enough anymore to be more than a role player. So his insistance on keep playing puts the Spurs on a conundrum: on one hand you want to respect a franchise legend, but on the other hand you just can't get better as a team if you don't move on.

Even as a backup I don't think TP would be of much help, unless he shows he can mantain what he did these past playoffs for an entire season and have him as the go to guy of the second unit. That's the only scenario where I can see him as a serviceable player, because he just isn't made for off-ball duties.
I agree. He doesn't work as a role player. I think his brittle-ness at this point, the frequency of his injuries and the likelihood that he will keep getting injuries here or there will prevent him from even that role bc he's probably not going to be dependable. I am assuming his body is breaking down from wear and aging.

TheGreatYacht
06-05-2017, 12:42 AM
I agree. He doesn't work as a role player. I think his brittle-ness at this point, the frequency of his injuries and the likelihood that he will keep getting injuries here or there will prevent him from even that role bc he's probably not going to be dependable. I am assuming his body is breaking down from wear and aging.
Troll post

DMC
06-05-2017, 12:44 AM
I like Tony, don't blame him for wanting to recover and go out on his own terms. That said, Tony isn't a bench type guy. He's not joy joy, very business like, not sure how his chemistry is with newer players either. He seems to be on an island when he is around the newer folks. I cannot see him contributing much off the bench in limited minutes, or being the vet presence to calm the storm. He can still walk the ball up the court and now and then get to the hole, but he doesn't have what Tim and Manu have with the team, not in my view anyhow. Tim and Manu have the ear of the team, they will listen to these guys. I don't think they listen to Tony, I think Tony just plays around them.

Tony also doesn't seem as willing to pass the torch. It's like he wants to take all the spotlight until he's forced off the team. Not sure why I feel that way about him, but something about sexting your teammate's wife or something.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-05-2017, 01:05 AM

Would love to see him become the type of player Jason Kidd was during his final years in the league. It was astonishing how well Kidd shot from outside during his last couple of seasons.

SAGirl
06-05-2017, 01:13 AM
Troll post
You're salty :lol

illusioNtEk
06-05-2017, 01:18 AM
We are about to waste KL prime years here....

I'd say we load up a new mag and reload tbh..

HarlemHeat37
06-05-2017, 01:18 AM

:lmao :wow

tmtcsc
06-05-2017, 01:46 AM

Holy shit, I've never seen so many delusional people (Tony Parker included) gathered in one place. Thinking that TP will either get a new contract offer FROM ANYONE or that the Spurs will wait to see IF he can come back, is sad.

Tony Parker suffered a career-ending injury this season. He did so with one year remaining on his contract. Its actually a blessing for the organization & makes things less complicated because they can now salary dump him and blame it on the injury. In actuality, they probably would have done it anyways and gone through some PR grief from the likes of some of the misguided fans in here.

I'll make it easy for you all. Name 1 player who ever suffered this same injury in ANY professional sport and came back to play. This isn't a patella tendon tear, this is a ruptured quad (above the knee cap). The Spurs aren't a charity organization, they are a professional franchise that is expected to win. It doesn't mean Pop and the team won't feel bad for TP that it ended like it did. But its over and the Spurs will move on and do what is best for the team.

It might be a tough conversation, but it will be had.

ElNono
06-05-2017, 01:59 AM
He can get whatever is left after we extend Manu, IMO...

tmtcsc
06-05-2017, 02:02 AM

Lol, who the fuck is Jeff Garcia? Lol, the SpursZone.

https://media.giphy.com/media/RddAJiGxTPQFa/giphy.gif

TheGreatYacht
06-05-2017, 02:08 AM
Isn't that what you do when someone shits on Fathead? Call them a troll and not argue their point? :lol

Thanks for agreeing that it makes you look salty :tu

TheGreatYacht
06-05-2017, 02:09 AM
:lmao :wow
Deadman</3 sucked bruh, no need to still be hurt tbh :lol

99 Problems
06-05-2017, 02:37 AM
Gunna be stacked at PG Movin forward, TP with the 9 year extension, DJ, Little General, Lapro what's his name, Missouri Dentmon, Archie from The NCAA, CP21. As well as the couple we draft this year. :lobt2:

dabom
06-05-2017, 03:40 AM
Isn't that what you do when someone shits on Fathead? Call them a troll and not argue their point? :lol

duncan2k5
06-05-2017, 04:53 AM

With Green, we are too easy for the elite teams to guard...Why do u think Green stinks it up in the playoffs vs certain teams? They run him off the 3 point line, and that leads to disaster...Everyone on the warriors have a second capability when you run them off the line...They all can dribble and pass

r0drig0lac
06-05-2017, 05:44 AM
PATFO will move Aldridge and Green.... before they even think about dumping Parker..

...and Kawhi

John B
06-05-2017, 07:51 AM
Tony is a future HOF. He did great in the Memphis series, poured his heart out. Spurs will never salary dump him.

rastaspur
06-05-2017, 08:08 AM
If he agreed to a vet minimum deal I could live with that. But tony wont agree to a vet min salary for three seasons

If he wants a token roster spot on a vet min deal then thats fine. Otherwise, its hamstringing the spurs chances to tie up money in tony considering his age and the injury.

Big Empty
06-05-2017, 08:17 AM
Tony off the bench as a facilitator i can see. He can still hit big shots. But nothing more than 6-7 million a year contract.

DPG21920
06-05-2017, 08:28 AM

He pretty much crushed off ball duties this playoff and that was against starting level talent. Also, what if like Manu it was simply for a 5 minute a game role?

The point of my statement is no one knows anything but makes a ton of assumptions.

SPURt
06-05-2017, 08:41 AM
http://p.fod4.com/p/media/4a166726a9/RhBGkuDWQeGorDdyv9Wm_News%20Anchor%20Vomit.gif

Chinook
06-05-2017, 08:50 AM
The Spurs are either going to be in win-now mode or loyal mode. There's no way Pop can think keeping Parker's semi-dead $15 Million makes more basketball sense than keeping or re-signing anyone else. So either he keeps Parker and accepts the team is not going to do everything they can to win, or he moves Tony.

I agree that Tony would be a huge part of recruiting Paul, but he can't be a compliment to him in the rotation, even disregarding his injury and injury history.

coachmac87
06-05-2017, 09:19 AM
The Spurs are either going to be in win-now mode or loyal mode. There's no way Pop can think keeping Parker's semi-dead $15 Million makes more basketball sense than keeping or re-signing anyone else. So either he keeps Parker and accepts the team is not going to do everything they can to win, or he moves Tony.

I agree that Tony would be a huge part of recruiting Paul, but he can't be a compliment to him in the rotation, even disregarding his injury and injury history.

Spurs have to decide by July 1st right?

Chinook
06-05-2017, 09:21 AM
Spurs have to decide by July 1st right?

Not as far as I know. If they want to get Paul, they just need to decide before they sign him.

AaronY
06-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Ugh..

MultiTroll
06-05-2017, 10:13 AM
Name 1 player who ever suffered this same injury in ANY professional sport and came back to play.

MultiTroll
06-05-2017, 10:15 AM
NFL players return after similar injury.

While ACL injuries happen at the rate of approximately 30-plus per year in the NFL (only counting those suffered while playing games), patellar tendon ruptures are in the single digits.And then there’s the matter of returning to play. A study published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine in 2011 examined 22 NFL players who had suffered the injury across a decade. Approximately 79 percent of those players returned to play at least one NFL game. That number seems encouraging; however, the quality of return performance is not easily assessed.Based on the post-injury history of several notable players, there is at least some cause for concern. In 2008, Buccaneers running back Carnell “Cadillac” Williams returned to action following a patellar tendon repair on one knee, only to tear the patellar tendon in his opposite knee just a month later. He played three more seasons, the final two primarily in a backup role. Cardinals running back Ryan Williams, a second-round pick in the 2011 draft, suffered a patellar tendon rupture in his rookie training camp. Although he did play in a handful of games in 2012, he never truly got on track with his career (most recently, he was released by the Cowboys this past July). Safety Nate Allen (http://espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/13257/nate-allen), now with the Raiders, ruptured his patellar tendon as a rookie in 2010 and struggled to return to form until 2013, when he played all 16 games with the Eagles. This September, he suffered another knee injury, which was severe enough to send him to IR/designated for return until he was re-activated in Week 10. And Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz (http://espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/13553/victor-cruz), who tore his patellar tendon last October, was unable to play this season after sustaining a calf injury.

http://www.espn.com/blog/stephania-bell/post/_/id/3320/jimmy-grahams-road-to-recovery

houston spurs fan
06-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Who cares? There is nothing more important over the next 3 years than the Warrior's health. If they remain 100% we're toast. Maybe we'll get lucky like the 90's Rockets and someone will decide baseball is a good idea.

Horse
06-05-2017, 12:34 PM
He's still the only guard[besides Manu] who can run the offense against good teams without freaking out, he really seemed to have a calming effect. Not turning it over is as important against the warriors as anything. Let him be horry.

DAF86
06-05-2017, 12:37 PM
He pretty much crushed off ball duties this playoff and that was against starting level talent. Also, what if like Manu it was simply for a 5 minute a game role?

The point of my statement is no one knows anything but makes a ton of assumptions.

Not really, he just had a semi throw back playoffs performance where he did most of his damage attacking and creating off the pick and roll, he didn't do much spot up, tbh.

If you tell me that's the Parker we are going to get for the next three years then by all means sign him up, but it is highly unlikely, tbh.

DPG21920
06-05-2017, 12:46 PM
Not really, he just had a semi throw back playoffs performance where he did most of his damage attacking and creating off the pick and roll, he didn't do much spot up, tbh.

If you tell me that's the Parker we are going to get for the next three years then by all means sign him up, but it is highly unlikely, tbh.

What? He did a ton of spot up. IIRC he was our best spot up 3PT shooter in the playoffs. But that's not the point anyways.

DAF86
06-05-2017, 01:25 PM
What? He did a ton of spot up. IIRC he was our best spot up 3PT shooter in the playoffs. But that's not the point anyways.

Yeah, he was good with the threes, but I doubt that is sustainable.

And I don't know what the point is, what is it? That he might accept a 3rd string PG role for the minimum? I doubt it, but if that's the case then I have no problem resigning him for 3, 4, 5 or all the years he wants, tbh.

tmtcsc
06-05-2017, 01:42 PM

I agree with what you said in your post with the exception of "loyal mode". I've got a pretty good memory regarding the Spurs and I can't remember when this team has ever been "loyal" to a player who could not perform up to expectations or salary. Keeping Tim until he retired would not be a good example. The guy was one year removed from an All-Star appearance and would have been welcomed back in any sort of role. He's in a category all to himself.

The only other person I can think of is Sean Elliott (a beloved player who had already been traded once). He stunned the team with his announcement that he needed a kidney transplant and was given the opportunity to try and come back. That's different from a structural damage to a leg. As we all saw, he was never the same and he decided to retire after being relegated to the bench.

IF TP is on the roster next year it will be because no other team will have accepted the salary dump. That's it, and there is a good chance that happens. There is no loyalty to players or loyalty mode - especially when you are literally costing the team a chance to win. Manu was paid $14 Million dollars but that amount did not effect the Spurs' salary cap number or ability to sign Pau Gasol to a $16 Mill contract. You can argue that Manu's last contract was a loyalty payment for accepting less money in previous years. I seriously doubt he gets another fat 1 year contract like that again. If he wants to come back to the Spurs it will be at a far less number. Otherwise, all the more power to him to get his $$ elsewhere.

SAGirl
06-05-2017, 01:50 PM

:lol If you think I was shitting on Tony.... I was very bland... a real troll post would be more saucy, filled with Porker and other juicy bites...

DaBears
06-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Basketball is business..... If PATFO respect the fans and the organization they will always put what's best for the team ahead of personal agendas/feelings..

RD2191
06-05-2017, 01:54 PM
Basketball is business..... If PATFO respect the fans and the organization they will always put what's best for the team ahead of personal agendas/feelings..

Truth bomb.

SAGirl
06-05-2017, 02:02 PM
NFL players return after similar injury.

While ACL injuries happen at the rate of approximately 30-plus per year in the NFL (only counting those suffered while playing games), patellar tendon ruptures are in the single digits.And then there’s the matter of returning to play. A study published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine in 2011 examined 22 NFL players who had suffered the injury across a decade. Approximately 79 percent of those players returned to play at least one NFL game. That number seems encouraging; however, the quality of return performance is not easily assessed.Based on the post-injury history of several notable players, there is at least some cause for concern. In 2008, Buccaneers running back Carnell “Cadillac” Williams returned to action following a patellar tendon repair on one knee, only to tear the patellar tendon in his opposite knee just a month later. He played three more seasons, the final two primarily in a backup role. Cardinals running back Ryan Williams, a second-round pick in the 2011 draft, suffered a patellar tendon rupture in his rookie training camp. Although he did play in a handful of games in 2012, he never truly got on track with his career (most recently, he was released by the Cowboys this past July). Safety Nate Allen (http://espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/13257/nate-allen), now with the Raiders, ruptured his patellar tendon as a rookie in 2010 and struggled to return to form until 2013, when he played all 16 games with the Eagles. This September, he suffered another knee injury, which was severe enough to send him to IR/designated for return until he was re-activated in Week 10. And Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz (http://espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/13553/victor-cruz), who tore his patellar tendon last October, was unable to play this season after sustaining a calf injury.

http://www.espn.com/blog/stephania-bell/post/_/id/3320/jimmy-grahams-road-to-recovery

thanks for sharing. Some of the stuff there is downright scary, specially that guy who after rehabbing and returning from the injury ruptured the patellar tendon on the other knee! ouch!

My concern is really that Tony is breaking down. Only Pop's careful monitoring and rest have delayed this process, but he's reminding me of Kobe, who once he tore his achilles rehabbed and came back to continue to get injured again up until the season he retired (and was obviously washed up too.)

MultiTroll
06-05-2017, 02:02 PM
SF Cedric Ceballos, 1996-97, age 27, Lakers/SunsPartial tear of the right patellar tendon in November 1996, expected to be out 2 months. He got reactivated in January, but it continued to bother him throughout the season missing several more games with a strained patella in March after a trade to the Suns. He continued to have s ome problems with his right knee (meniscus) and especially his wrists over the following years. Some drop in production, though he did have another strong season with the Mavericks in 1999-00.

PF Antonio McDyess, 2001-2003, age 27-29, Nuggets: Several fractures and tearsSubluxated left patella in March 2001 (partial/incomplete dislocation). Missed remainder of the season. Initially there was no surgery, then in October 2001 he required surgery to repair what was then diagnosed as a partially torn patellar tendon. In addition he needed arthroscopic surgery on the right knee to clean out some loose debris and was expected to be out 3-4 months. In March 2002 he briefly got activated, but was deactivated quickly again when both knees got inflamed.Next season: Joining the Knicks that offseason, he was immediately placed on the injured list with a "left knee inflammation", and then in October required another surgery to repair a fracture to the left patella. In April 2003 he needed yet another surgery on the left knee patella missing the entire 2002-03 season.When finally returning to action, he played in 42 games in 2003-04 season. Then continued to play several seasons completely or close to. His statistics dropped significantly across the board before going up slightly again but never back to previous state. However as of now he is still active as a rotation player.

SF Glen Rice, 2001-02, age 34, RocketsPartial tear in December required surgery on right knee a month later, out for the remainder of the season.Next season: Appeared in 62 games, but he continued to have some problems with the right knee (strain, hyperextension, bruise). His stats dropped slightly, and at age 36 he was reaching his career end the following season where he appeared in his last 18 games.

PG Damon Stoudemire, 2005-06, age 32, GrizzliesSurgery on torn right patellar tendon in January 2006 after injuring it just before the end of the year, out for remainder of the season.He already had suffered from what was deemed 'left knee tendinitis' a decade earlier when on the Raptors missing the end of the 1995-96 season without going into detail which tendon. While with the Blazers he missed much of November with 2001 right knee tendinitis.Next season: Played in 62 games. Stats dropped to level from a few years earlier while about maintaining efficiency. Career end after 2007-08 season where he played in another 60 games.

C Alonzo Mourning, 2007, age 37, HeatSurgery on right knee to repair torn patellar tendon after 25 games, out for remainder of the season.Update: He had already sustained a partial tear in the left knee in 1997 pausing for ca. 3 months (initial diagnosis was 8 to 12 weeks), and missed a few games in December 2004 with 'right knee tendinitis'.Next season: Ended career

SG Kelenna Azubuike, 2009, age 26, WarriorsTorn patellar tendon in left knee after having appeared in 9 games, out for the season. In the video of the injury (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1bmgl5rjjg) it looked like someone had beaten him out of mid-air with a bat when he tried to go up on a drive to the basket.

DaBears
06-05-2017, 02:24 PM
people of the world unite to rid our selves of current circumstances around the world, and as long as the MAN upstairs has the plans and the keys to the kingdom. You can wish and dream all you want, but at the end of the day you've got 1 bum knee and an aging 35 yr body TP.. While I hate for the former champ to go out this way.. Please for the love of god don't pull a Patrick Ewing and stay 1 yr to many and tarnish your good name, with the notion of reclaiming your former glory... It didn't turn out so well for others in the past.... Please hang up the sneakers and cash in the final paycheck. Knowing you gave your best yrs to this team and we were all the better for it..

All hail the little French train that could..

sasaint
06-05-2017, 02:28 PM
SF Cedric Ceballos, 1996-97, age 27, Lakers/SunsPartial tear of the right patellar tendon in November 1996, expected to be out 2 months. He got reactivated in January, but it continued to bother him throughout the season missing several more games with a strained patella in March after a trade to the Suns. He continued to have s ome problems with his right knee (meniscus) and especially his wrists over the following years. Some drop in production, though he did have another strong season with the Mavericks in 1999-00.

PF Antonio McDyess, 2001-2003, age 27-29, Nuggets: Several fractures and tearsSubluxated left patella in March 2001 (partial/incomplete dislocation). Missed remainder of the season. Initially there was no surgery, then in October 2001 he required surgery to repair what was then diagnosed as a partially torn patellar tendon. In addition he needed arthroscopic surgery on the right knee to clean out some loose debris and was expected to be out 3-4 months. In March 2002 he briefly got activated, but was deactivated quickly again when both knees got inflamed.Next season: Joining the Knicks that offseason, he was immediately placed on the injured list with a "left knee inflammation", and then in October required another surgery to repair a fracture to the left patella. In April 2003 he needed yet another surgery on the left knee patella missing the entire 2002-03 season.When finally returning to action, he played in 42 games in 2003-04 season. Then continued to play several seasons completely or close to. His statistics dropped significantly across the board before going up slightly again but never back to previous state. However as of now he is still active as a rotation player.

SF Glen Rice, 2001-02, age 34, RocketsPartial tear in December required surgery on right knee a month later, out for the remainder of the season.Next season: Appeared in 62 games, but he continued to have some problems with the right knee (strain, hyperextension, bruise). His stats dropped slightly, and at age 36 he was reaching his career end the following season where he appeared in his last 18 games.

PG Damon Stoudemire, 2005-06, age 32, GrizzliesSurgery on torn right patellar tendon in January 2006 after injuring it just before the end of the year, out for remainder of the season.He already had suffered from what was deemed 'left knee tendinitis' a decade earlier when on the Raptors missing the end of the 1995-96 season without going into detail which tendon. While with the Blazers he missed much of November with 2001 right knee tendinitis.Next season: Played in 62 games. Stats dropped to level from a few years earlier while about maintaining efficiency. Career end after 2007-08 season where he played in another 60 games.

C Alonzo Mourning, 2007, age 37, HeatSurgery on right knee to repair torn patellar tendon after 25 games, out for remainder of the season.Update: He had already sustained a partial tear in the left knee in 1997 pausing for ca. 3 months (initial diagnosis was 8 to 12 weeks), and missed a few games in December 2004 with 'right knee tendinitis'.Next season: Ended career

SG Kelenna Azubuike, 2009, age 26, WarriorsTorn patellar tendon in left knee after having appeared in 9 games, out for the season. In the video of the injury (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1bmgl5rjjg) it looked like someone had beaten him out of mid-air with a bat when he tried to go up on a drive to the basket.

Please don't encourage him.

MultiTroll
06-05-2017, 02:49 PM
Please don't encourage him.
LOL I'm sure you noticed two of those 5 ended up being Spurs.
Per Pops "must be over 30 and declining" criteria.

Altho props to Dyse and Mighty Mouse for the effort.
They sure as hell were not Softridge and Gasoft on the effort part.

DPG21920
06-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Yeah, he was good with the threes, but I doubt that is sustainable.

And I don't know what the point is, what is it? That he might accept a 3rd string PG role for the minimum? I doubt it, but if that's the case then I have no problem resigning him for 3, 4, 5 or all the years he wants, tbh.

That's all I was saying. All TP said is he wanted 3 more years and wanted them all to be with SA. It was a personal goal to play 20 years.

He's said many times he's fine with whatever role and was fine with being benched all this year too. Manu said he would be fine with 5 minutes a game and that might be something TP is thinking too but everyone just assumed he meant he wanted a max deal and starting role.

But what the real point is none of that matter because that is the future. The key is this year with TP under contract and what to do with that situation.

TheDoctor
06-05-2017, 05:49 PM
What HoTS thinks will happen after the surgery...

Expectation
http://www.kleinhenzjewelers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/1.gif

Reality
http://i.imgur.com/RKqxVYk.gif

tonight...you
06-05-2017, 05:53 PM

Expectation

Reality
Holy shit! HA HA HA HA HA!

What in the hell happened with that free throw?

RD2191
06-05-2017, 06:21 PM

Expectation

Reality

:lmao

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-05-2017, 06:58 PM
Porker isn't going anywhere. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fucking autistic tbh

SilverSpur
06-05-2017, 07:31 PM
Move him to front office , so he can start work on becoming a GM

Seventyniner
06-05-2017, 07:59 PM

It's kind of a meme on this site, but it isn't what it looks like. A ref blew the whistle just as Tony was about to shoot. That FT didn't count.

spurs10
06-05-2017, 08:16 PM
It's kind of a meme on this site, but it isn't what it looks like. A ref blew the whistle just as Tony was about to shoot. That FT didn't count. Thank you! :lol

Play Boban
06-05-2017, 08:20 PM
It's kind of a meme on this site, but it isn't what it looks like. A ref blew the whistle just as Tony was about to shoot. That FT didn't count.
Stop trying to cover up what happened tbh.

TheDoctor
06-05-2017, 09:25 PM
Holy shit! HA HA HA HA HA!

I think it was that one of the refs blew his whistle or something like that :lol

Edit:

Damn lmao at my hour delay. What Seventy said :downspin:

Ice009
06-05-2017, 10:59 PM

Darn. I forgot about Kelenna Azubuike, I thought he was a really good player for the Warriors and a decent person. I liked him. I seem to remember him just disappearing after showing that he can be a good player. Is this the injury that did him in?

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-06-2017, 01:09 AM
Why are people discussing patellar tendon injuries when Tony's is a quad rupture, which is much less frequent and there are very few cases to draw conclusions from. In theory he should recover fully because the quad tendon is isolated and is above the knee, unlike the patellar tendon which is within the knee structure. Doesn't mean he's going to be as good, can't say as there are very few such injuries ( Griffin had a milder one in 2015 iirc ) but it's less severe than a patellar tendon rupture.

objective
06-06-2017, 01:26 AM
I agree that the patella histories have nothing to do with Parker's injury, but for an injury to have a 9+ month recovery as expected by the Spurs ... That's a big time injury. Maybe it's more simple and more isolated, but 9+ months is no joke.

Seems like people come back from ACLs now in less time. And on a body as old and worn as his? When his injury was not only non contact, but happened on takeoff and not some strange landing ... A normal looking jump like that. What's to keep his other one from popping off when he starts to overcompensate trying to get back?

vander
06-06-2017, 02:01 AM

Expectation

Reality

http://media.giphy.com/media/NBRBJG6nDg9q0/giphy.gif

Snaq O'Meal
06-06-2017, 02:15 AM

tmtcsc
06-06-2017, 02:29 AM
Why are people discussing patellar tendon injuries when Tony's is a quad rupture, which is much less frequent and there are very few cases to draw conclusions from. In theory he should recover fully because the quad tendon is isolated and is above the knee, unlike the patellar tendon which is within the knee structure. Doesn't mean he's going to be as good, can't say as there are very few such injuries ( Griffin had a milder one in 2015 iirc ) but it's less severe than a patellar tendon rupture.

That is an absolutely false statement. The patella tendon is located below the knee cap and connects to the shin below it. The quad tendon connects the quad muscles to the top of the knee cap. Full rehabilitation is achieved when your injured knee reaches 85-90% of the strength of your non-injured leg. Any thought of TP of coming back better than ever is ridiculous.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/figures/A00512F04T.jpg

People who have suffered quad tears sometimes never achieve full extension of their legs. Sometimes multiple surgeries are required. It's ugly. Also, most people who suffer this injury are 40 and older. Dude is breaking down quickly. He may risk injuring other parts of his body by overcompensating for what was lost in his quad injury..

TheDoctor
06-06-2017, 02:30 AM

LMAOOOOO :lmao

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-06-2017, 02:33 AM
That is an absolutely false statement. The patella tendon is located below the knee cap and connects to the shin below it. The quad tendon connects the quad muscles to the top of the knee cap. Full rehabilitation is achieved when your injured knee reaches 85-90% of the strength of your non-injured leg. Any thought of TP of coming back better than ever is ridiculous.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/figures/A00512F04T.jpg

http://www.newellstrength.com/hierarchy-knee-injuries/

tmtcsc
06-06-2017, 02:40 AM
http://www.newellstrength.com/hierarchy-knee-injuries/

That's a terrible write-up. I read that dude's comments a while back. First of all, this sort of injury is rare in professional sports because it usually occurs in people over 40. Patella Tendon tears are much more common. Jimmy Graham suffered one a couple of years ago. The only other professional basketball player who suffered a full quad tear was Charles Barkley and it sent him to retirement. -- Full disclosure, Barkley had already indicated it was going to be his last year so when he tore the tendon, the long rehab process just ensured that his season and career was over. Again, its very rare and if TP is able to come back and play at a professional level, it will be unprecedented.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-06-2017, 02:46 AM
That's a terrible write-up. I read that dude's comments a while back. First of all, this sort of injury is rare in professional sports because it usually occurs in people over 40. Patella Tendon tears are much more common. Jimmy Graham suffered one a couple of years ago. The only other professional basketball player who suffered a full quad tear was Charles Barkley and it sent him to retirement. -- Full disclosure, Barkley had already indicated it was going to be his last year so when he tore the tendon, the long rehab process just ensured that his season and career was over. Again, its very rare and if TP is able to come back and play at a professional level, it will be unprecedented.

Don't understand what your point is :
1. Patellar tendon ruptures are more common and more severe than quad tendon ruptures?
2. Patellar tendon ruptures are more common but less severe than quad tendon ruptures?

BillMc
06-06-2017, 03:27 AM
Since this is the active Parker thread, some dude on ESPN said that Duncan and Parker were among the best pairs of all time at 3:38. He gets booed but someone else brings up Duncan and Robinson in 99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSTKQr3xyv8

dabom
06-06-2017, 03:34 AM
Bill I know you're a big parker fan, but all of SA loves Manu. Duncan and Manu would be considered the best duo.

Snaq O'Meal
06-06-2017, 04:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSTKQr3xyv8

Best duo ever?

Kawhi was singlehandedly spanking those two twinks. Jordan and Pippen would absolutely dominate them.

Shaq and Kobe would've killed them too. As would prime Duncan and Manu.

Chillen
06-06-2017, 04:41 AM
Best duo ever?

Kawhi was singlehandedly spanking those two twinks. Jordan and Pippen would absolutely dominate them.

Durant would be crying for his mother on the sidelines if he had to go against a prime Jordan and Pippen, they would absolutely dominate them. I don't care what people say caught in the moment, that was one of the best dynamic duo's in NBA history along with Shaq and Kobe. These comparisons are just really over the top at this point.

Bill I know you're a big parker fan, but all of SA loves Manu. Duncan and Manu would be considered the best duo.

Duncan and Robinson was a duo and a great one, but I always thought of Duncan, Manu, Parker as a three headed monster so to speak. They are the best big 3 in NBA history!

Ice009
06-06-2017, 04:57 AM
Durant would be crying for his mother on the sidelines if he had to go against a prime Jordan and Pippen, they would absolutely dominate them. I don't care what people say caught in the moment, that was one of the best dynamic duo's in NBA history along with Shaq and Kobe. These comparisons are just really over the top at this point.

Duncan and Robinson was a duo and a great one, but I always thought of Duncan, Manu, Parker as a three headed monster so to speak. They are the best big 3 in NBA history!

I agree with everything you said. I would take all those duos/trios over these two twinks any day of the week.

People are getting caught up in this because their team is stacked. If you put these two on the Bulls and take out Jordan and Pippen with the rest of the roster they had, LOL, it would not end in a Championship IMO.

Take out Shaq and Kobe and put these two on those Lakers teams? They don't win shit. Take and Shaq and Kobe and put them on this Warriors team? I think they would fucking dominate. Put Jordan and Pippen on this current Warriors team? They'd win even more games IMO.

A prime Duncan and Manu on this Warriors team would make these guys even more unstoppable.

Do these guys think before speaking?

Fucking losers that can't figure out the team is stacked when making these best of all time Duo claims. I can't believe Jeff Van Gundy would say this, and if he didn't say it just for hype and ratings and he truly believes it, then I don't even want to talk to that clown.

TheGreatYacht
06-06-2017, 05:06 AM
Prime Duncan > Durant
Prime Parker > Curry (as evident in their only playoff matchup)
Prime Ginobili < Klay Thompson

objective
06-06-2017, 06:43 AM
What do people think will happen if Parker gets stretched?

The Spurs timeline for being cleared to play sounds like the all Star break, or just general February.

Would ANY team even sign him in the preseason? Would any team want to tie up a roster spot even in the minimum to sign a guy who won't play until the season's already more than half over?

And then what ... Is a 35 year old tired from rehab Parker going to audition for teams in February?

Can you imagine him lowering himself to audition in free agent tryouts against other washed up points desperate to get back in the league? Having to prove himself in a 4 man draw with the likes of Jarrett Jack, Kendall Marshall or Jordan Farmar? Maybe called in by the Nets to beat out Donald Sloan?

What do you guys think would happen if he was stretched? Could he come back to haunt them or just plain sit out?

One thing I do know: if they keep Parker, obviously losing out on upgrading the roster, and he then gets injured and out for the year ... It will be a stunning disaster

Brazil
06-06-2017, 07:27 AM
:lol as expected, the ST meltdow is already starting

Not only he will be back next year, will be in the SL after a couple of months of rehad but will sign a 3 years extension around 20 M I guess

MultiTroll
06-06-2017, 07:40 AM
:lol as expected, the ST meltdow is already starting

Not only he will be back next year, will be in the SL after a couple of months of rehad but will sign a 3 years extension around 20 M I guess
Celebration is here on Friday nights.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/crumpets-restaurant-and-bakery-san-antonio

MultiTroll
06-06-2017, 07:43 AM
One thing I do know: if they keep Parker, obviously losing out on upgrading the roster, and he then gets injured and out for the year ... It will be a stunning disaster
Entirely possible. :pop:

Seventyniner
06-06-2017, 07:45 AM
Do these guys think before speaking?

That's not what they're paid to do.

thiste
06-06-2017, 08:33 AM
Yall critiquing TP but he sure was sorely missed in these playoffs after the injury, all TOSB that he is.

sasaint
06-06-2017, 08:44 AM
Yall critiquing TP but he sure was sorely missed in these playoffs after the injury, all TOSB that he is.

The team actually compensated well for the loss of Tony and continued to win UNTIL Kawhi went down. Then the team missed him.

Brazil
06-06-2017, 08:52 AM
reading some posts I can't help myself thinking

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSye8miVHqAWfwVhni81qUDXLWDn5Ox2 SNUCsPDgde7W5YU_8sWGA

tmtcsc
06-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Prime Duncan > Durant

Like clockwork you are. Dependable & consistent as the sun rising and setting. Lol. :toast

tmtcsc
06-06-2017, 10:07 AM
What do people think will happen if Parker gets stretched?

The Spurs timeline for being cleared to play sounds like the all Star break, or just general February.

Would ANY team even sign him in the preseason? Would any team want to tie up a roster spot even in the minimum to sign a guy who won't play until the season's already more than half over?

And then what ... Is a 35 year old tired from rehab Parker going to audition for teams in February?

Can you imagine him lowering himself to audition in free agent tryouts against other washed up points desperate to get back in the league? Having to prove himself in a 4 man draw with the likes of Jarrett Jack, Kendall Marshall or Jordan Farmar? Maybe called in by the Nets to beat out Donald Sloan?

What do you guys think would happen if he was stretched? Could he come back to haunt them or just plain sit out?

The most likely scenario is having him traded to a team in a salary dump and then that team immediately waving him.

tmtcsc
06-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Don't understand what your point is :
1. Patellar tendon ruptures are more common (in professional athletes) and more severe than quad tendon ruptures?
2. Patellar tendon ruptures are more common (in professional athletes)but potentially less severe than quad tendon ruptures?

Statistically, Patella tendon ruptures are MORE common in athletes because they happen to people aged 40 and younger.

Quad ruptures are Less common in athletes because they usually occur to people 40 and older. (what does that tell you about TP's body?)

As to the severity - they are both bad but quad tears can be more complex. There are 4 muscles (hence quad) each with their own connection to the tendon that attaches to the top of the knee cap. There is one patella tendon that connects the bottom part of the knee cap to the tibia bone (shin) of the leg.

Both the (patella and quad tendons) are needed to straighten out the leg. Range of motion (ROM) and weakness in the muscles are the biggest issues post surgery.

To fix the tear, holes are drilled in to the top of the knee cap and the tendon is reattached via some sort of surgical thread or wire. The point regarding Parker is that he is a professional athlete. He is expected to perform at a high level on the court and relies on his legs for jumping, running, cutting, etc.. He's not a regular person who judges a successful repair of his torn quad to walking and riding a bike, etc.. He not only wants to return to play NBA level basketball, but he wants another 3 years ? C'mon man. He's starting to sound as ridiculous as Lavar Ball. You don't come back from this sort of injury "stronger and better than ever".

bdictjames
06-06-2017, 10:51 AM
Tony's a fighter and an underrated one. I hope the Spurs let him retire as a Spur too. He could've easily left for L.A. some years back, and he didn't.

MultiTroll
06-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Darn. I forgot about Kelenna Azubuike, I thought he was a really good player for the Warriors and a decent person. I liked him. I seem to remember him just disappearing after showing that he can be a good player. Is this the injury that did him in?
It would appear so.
Strictly going by his career stats, he only played 3 more games after the injury.
Traded to the Knicks, waived, picked up by Dallas. NBDL, 3 games with Mavs then out.

rjv
06-06-2017, 11:33 AM

Duncan and Robinson was a duo and a great one, but I always thought of Duncan, Manu, Parker as a three headed monster so to speak. They are the best big 3 in NBA history! i have to put scottie and jordan at the top. they were just such a defensive gauntlet.

objective
06-06-2017, 02:19 PM
The longest injury period/rehab of his entire career is 4 weeks in 2010.

He played March 6, and returned April 6.

When he was 27.

There's no way he can be a positive player coming back from nearly 10 months out with a compromised leg and overcompensation issues everywhere else.

If the Spurs don't accept that and move on, shame on them.

ducks
06-06-2017, 03:50 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/232361619780?lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&item=232361619780&rmvSB=true

Clipper Nation
06-06-2017, 04:22 PM

Expectation

Reality
So you're saying he'll be back to his usual self after the surgery?

SASdynasty!
06-06-2017, 04:45 PM
The longest injury period/rehab of his entire career is 4 weeks in 2010.

He played March 6, and returned April 6.

When he was 27.

There's no way he can be a positive player coming back from nearly 10 months out with a compromised leg and overcompensation issues everywhere else.

If the Spurs don't accept that and move on, shame on them.
Pretty much everyone on this board said there would be no way Parker would be a positive for the Spurs in this years' playoffs too.

TheDoctor
06-06-2017, 04:58 PM
So you're saying he'll be back to his usual self after the surgery?

:rollin
Better than his usual self; he's gonna play his best basketball when he returns in January tbh

SASdynasty!
06-06-2017, 05:16 PM
:rollin
Better than his usual self; he's gonna play his best basketball when he returns in January tbh
This year he played his best basketball in the playoffs, just like he did in 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, and 2002.

TheDoctor
06-06-2017, 05:19 PM
This year he played his best basketball in the playoffs, just like he did in 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, and 2002.

:lobt2:

dbreiden83080
06-06-2017, 05:22 PM
You gotta read the writing on the wall Tony so it does not get ugly at the end here. Bow out gracefully before you are shown the door..

dabom
06-06-2017, 05:23 PM
Tony has been a POS player for 4 years now. He wants a second legacy contract? :lol

SASdynasty!
06-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Tony has been a POS player for 4 years now. He wants a second legacy contract? :lol
That POS player put up 27 pts on 78% in G6...while the guy in your avatar's best playoff game was 11 pts, lol.

dabom
06-06-2017, 06:32 PM
Murray put up more points this WCF than porker. :lmao

noles1983
06-06-2017, 09:17 PM
That POS player put up 27 pts on 78% in G6...while the guy in your avatar's best playoff game was 11 pts, lol.

11 pts is better than 0 points and 0 assists.

Brazil
06-07-2017, 07:33 AM
11 pts is better than 0 points and 0 assists.

congrats brah you won the award of the most intelligent post of the year... try the 0 point, 0 assist w/o the s tho, for the rest top notch comment... will recommend to friends and family

dbreiden83080
06-07-2017, 11:42 AM
He has 1 year left and will be 36 when it is up. Not sure what he is thinking here? He is not Tim where he can contribute in so many other ways, even though the offense was not running through him. Tony is not a elite defender, rebounder etc. If he is not scoring he is pretty useless. His legs were going, and with this injury are likely gone..

elemento
06-07-2017, 01:16 PM
For the min, why not ? :lol

coachmac87
06-07-2017, 03:50 PM
I've truly thought long and hard about this whole thing....I am by no means a hater or a player fan....I just want what's best for the Spurs..

But this statement is one of the most selfish things I've heard and just shows his true colors..

"Comeback better than ever"??? That's the most delusional bull shit I've heard from an athlete...Parkers game has been rapidly declining since 13-14' seasons. The fact he's had the audacity to say something like this...Now that he's hurt and sees the light at the end of the tunnel he now wants to get in the best shape of his life??? What about coming back over weight in 15'? Didn't want to be in shape for a title defense and possibly Duncans last year?! SELFISH

He also has the audacity to say that 20 seasons is his goal..sounds pretty personal doesn't seem to have an team interest at heart. Tim Duncan has once said he'd retire once the "wheels fall off" he says that because he never wanted to hold PATFO or his teammates hostage...Tony seems strictly focused on himself and if I can see through this BS I'm sure PATFO can..

Waive and stretch his ass...and I truly hate saying that

SASdynasty!
06-07-2017, 07:14 PM
He has 1 year left and will be 36 when it is up. Not sure what he is thinking here? He is not Tim where he can contribute in so many other ways, even though the offense was not running through him. Tony is not a elite defender, rebounder etc. If he is not scoring he is pretty useless. His legs were going, and with this injury are likely gone..
Will continue to lead the team in assists year over year, second best creator on the team, and as we saw yet again this year, second-best scorer on the team when it matters.

LittleCriminal
06-07-2017, 07:27 PM
http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/s2bu/Utennavn.jpg

Its time to get a new watch.

SpursforSix
06-07-2017, 07:30 PM
[IMG]

Tony Parker : Swatch skills at a Tissot price.

dabom
06-07-2017, 08:13 PM
http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/s2bu/Utennavn.jpg

A broken porker is good twice the whole post season. :lol

duncan2k5
06-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Please dont return...Statistically one of the worst (if not the worst) starting point guards this year...Had no business starting for a championship level team...Ppl bring up his good playoff games, but forget he had some really want ones this year (including a 0 point, 0 assist game)...Cannot have that inconsistency when trying to win a championship, and it has cost us before...Now he is old and injured... could never play defense, and can't score on the inside and cause the defense to converge like before... Parker you are done...Plz dont try to prove us wrong...It will hurt the team...The best thing u can do is retire

tmtcsc
06-08-2017, 02:11 PM
A broken porker is good twice the whole post season. :lol

Awesome! Well done. :lol

Ice009
06-09-2017, 10:45 AM
I've truly thought long and hard about this whole thing....I am by no means a hater or a player fan....I just want what's best for the Spurs..

But this statement is one of the most selfish things I've heard and just shows his true colors..

"Comeback better than ever"??? That's the most delusional bull shit I've heard from an athlete...Parkers game has been rapidly declining since 13-14' seasons. The fact he's had the audacity to say something like this...Now that he's hurt and sees the light at the end of the tunnel he now wants to get in the best shape of his life??? What about coming back over weight in 15'? Didn't want to be in shape for a title defense and possibly Duncans last year?! SELFISH

He also has the audacity to say that 20 seasons is his goal..sounds pretty personal doesn't seem to have an team interest at heart. Tim Duncan has once said he'd retire once the "wheels fall off" he says that because he never wanted to hold PATFO or his teammates hostage...Tony seems strictly focused on himself and if I can see through this BS I'm sure PATFO can..

Waive and stretch his ass...and I truly hate saying that

Darn good post. What Parker is saying is kind of selfish. He's making it about him. That's great that he wants to play 20 seasons. That doesn't mean he has to do it with the Spurs.

weeks
06-09-2017, 03:18 PM
Tony has his flaws and he's not perfect by any stretch. But nigg is loyal to the spurs and he's one of us. Period. We give him shit like an ugly family member but he's still family

TimDunkem
06-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Tony has his flaws and he's not perfect by any stretch. But nigg is loyal to the spurs and he's one of us. Period. We give him shit like an ugly family member but he's still familyYeah. That one family member stealing money from the family.

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2017, 04:06 PM
Tony Parker
2006 - $8.4M
2007 - $9.4M
2008 - $10.5M
2009 - $11.5M
2010 - $12.6M
2011 - $13.5M
2012 - $12.5M
2013 - $12.5M
2014 - $12.5M
2015 - $12.5M
2016 - $13.4M
2017 - $14.4M

Joe Johnson, Carlos Boozer, & Rashard Lewis
2006 - $12M, $11.6M, $8.5M
2007 - $12.7M, $11.2M, $9.3M
2008 - $13.4M, $11.2M, $14.8M
2009 - $14.2M, $11.6M, $16.4M
2010 - $14.9M, $13.5M, $18.8M
2011 - $16.3M, $14.4M, $19.5M
2012 - $18M, $13.5M, $21.1M
2013 - $19.7M, $15M, $13.7M
2014 - $21.4M, $15.3M, $1.3M
2015 - $23.1M, $13.5M, N/A
2016 - $24.9M, $3.2M, N/A
2017 - $11M, N/A, N/A

^ Marked in red are the years these dudes earned less than Parker :lol

Parker can keep playing however long he wants after sacrificing millions to be a Spur. He honestly isn't being paid enough after being our 2nd best player these playoffs and being the only guard that can make plays....

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Yeah. That one family member stealing money from the family.
This is a Parker thread, retard. This isn't about Manure who not only stole money from the Spurs in 2013-2017, but cost them 3+ championships

TimDunkem
06-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Not a fan of legacy contracts for anybody. Not Parker or Manu.

SpursforSix
06-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Parker can keep playing however long he wants after sacrificing millions to be a Spur. He honestly isn't being paid enough after being our 2nd best player these playoffs and being the only guard that can make plays....

It's not really a sacrifice if he's going to get overpaid later when he doesn't deserve it.

So he "sacrifices" money for the Spurs to get rings but then later, the Spurs have to potentially sacrifice rings to pay Parker?

Fuck that.

RD2191
06-09-2017, 04:30 PM
It's not really a sacrifice if he's going to get overpaid later when he doesn't deserve it.

So he "sacrifices" money for the Spurs to get rings but then later, the Spurs have to potentially sacrifice rings to pay Parker?

Fuck that.

TBH

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2017, 04:50 PM

Fuck that.
Not overpaid in today's market. He's making 3M more than Solomon Hill, 3M less than Allen Crabbe, and the same amount of money as Ginobili. $14.5M is actually great for your 2nd best playoff performer.

His deal is expiring this year. No doubt he'll take a discount and a reduced role.

Snaq O'Meal
06-09-2017, 05:43 PM
This is a Parker thread, retard. This isn't about Manure who not only stole money from the Spurs in 2013-2017, but cost them 3+ championships

This IS a Porker thread, you insecure inbred fucktard.

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2017, 06:02 PM

You're the reason Trump won, salvadorean filth. You can thank him for deporting you so you can see Ginosebleed play in your local league next year :tu

cd98
06-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Not a fan of legacy contracts for anybody. Not Parker or Manu.

Yes, but you are a fan of great players taking pay cuts so your team can have the best team possible. You have to be fair to the players too.

Snaq O'Meal
06-09-2017, 07:28 PM
You're the reason Trump won, salvadorean filth. You can thank him for deporting you so you can see Ginosebleed play in your local league next year :tu

Only low IQ inbred fucktards like you make baseless racist slurs that are so far off their mark. Keep blaming Trump and hanging your hopes on deportations.

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2017, 07:49 PM

:wow:lmao

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2017, 07:54 PM
^ salty I exposed Deadmon</3 :lol

DarrinS
06-09-2017, 07:59 PM
Meh, time to move on, tbh.

weeks
06-10-2017, 05:45 AM
Tbh i hate most of you more than Parker

noles1983
06-10-2017, 09:32 AM
Tbh i hate most of you more than Parker

Tbh, we care about that as much as Parker cares about us shitting on him on Spurstalk.

buttsR4rebounding
06-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Tony Parker
2006 - $8.4M
2007 - $9.4M
2008 - $10.5M
2009 - $11.5M
2010 - $12.6M
2011 - $13.5M
2012 - $12.5M
2013 - $12.5M
2014 - $12.5M
2015 - $12.5M
2016 - $13.4M
2017 - $14.4M

Joe Johnson, Carlos Boozer, & Rashard Lewis
2006 - $12M, $11.6M, $8.5M
2007 - $12.7M, $11.2M, $9.3M
2008 - $13.4M, $11.2M, $14.8M
2009 - $14.2M, $11.6M, $16.4M
2010 - $14.9M, $13.5M, $18.8M
2011 - $16.3M, $14.4M, $19.5M
2012 - $18M, $13.5M, $21.1M
2013 - $19.7M, $15M, $13.7M
2014 - $21.4M, $15.3M, $1.3M
2015 - $23.1M, $13.5M, N/A
2016 - $24.9M, $3.2M, N/A
2017 - $11M, N/A, N/A

^ Marked in red are the years these dudes earned less than Parker :lol

The fact that other franchises overpay players doesn't mean they are worth it. I remember when Lewis signed that insane contract with Orlando. The whole league thought they were crazy. Joe Johnson was the #1 guy on his team when he signed those contracts. Tony was never #1. Tony obviously valued competing for championships more than Johnson, Boozer and Lewis. Don't discount the value to Tony being an NBA champion vis-à-vis his endorsement deals in France. The $50 million, 4 year deal that Tony signed in 2012 was below market and was done to keep the big 3 together. The deal he signed in 2016 was a reward for signing the below market deal in 2012. His skills were obviously on the decline at that point. You might recall in 2016 most ST posters were shocked that Tony was signed to that deal using up cap space so quickly. At the end of the current contract Parker will have been paid $155 million by the Spurs. Not bad.

MultiTroll
06-10-2017, 10:04 AM
The fact that other franchises overpay players doesn't mean they are worth it.
This.
And how did the teams do? Orlando, Bulls and who else?
Ya Tony Light, having a contract just below theirs does not make it right.

duncan2k5
06-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Team over players....Tony is at the point where keeping him hurts the team...Time to move on...Dont throw away another year to appease parker...

objective
06-10-2017, 01:21 PM
It might be more like players​ over players for the Parker people.

They'd rather Parker get his special send off, maybe even a four year farewell tour, than see Kawhi get help to win a title.

Kawhi played ball too, not taking the extension when he could so they could have a chance that ended up as Aldridge.

But Kawhi has to sacrifice the rest of his prime so a crippled Parker can feel wanted and desired, I guess.

HarlemHeat37
06-10-2017, 01:43 PM
He should retire on a good note, tbh..that series vs. Memphis was the best basketball he had played in 3 years..it likely wouldn't have been sustainable and we certainly won't see it again following this injury..he should call it quits while he's remembered for being a positive contributor, rather than waiting until he reverts to the Parker we've grown accustomed to watching since 2015..

tonight...you
06-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Tbh, we care about that as much as Parker cares about us shitting on him on Spurstalk.
Yo tamale more spicy, tbh.

DarrinS
06-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Prime Duncan > Durant

Pocho La Pantera
06-10-2017, 07:25 PM

:lol:lol