PDA

View Full Version : Spurs W/O Kawhi almost as competitive as the Cavs against the Warriors

Big Empty
06-05-2017, 09:17 AM
The Warriors scored 113 points against the Spurs game one and also against the Cavs game one. Game two the Warriors scored 132 against the Spurs and 136 against the Cavs. The is only a -4 point difference through the first two games. Also, The Spurs scored 221 points compared to the Cavs 207 points. Just thought that an interesting stat. Just goes to show that our young guys gave it everything if you compare it to a championship caliber starting team like the Cavs.

MultiTroll
06-05-2017, 09:20 AM
The Warriors scored 113 points against the Spurs game one and also against the Cavs game one. Game two the Warriors scored 132 against the Spurs and 136 against the Cavs. The is only a -4 point difference through the first two games. Also, The Spurs scored 221 points compared to the Cavs 207 points. Just thought that an interesting stat. Just goes to show that our young guys gave it everything if you compare it to a championship caliber starting team like the Cavs.
What young guys?
I saw Pop, Aldridge, Gasol, Green

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268703&highlight=young+energy

MVPCues
06-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Meh. Warriors were mostly in cruise control against the Spurs after the comeback. They remember what happened last year in the finals up 3 to 1 and have their foot firmly on the gas. I get what you are saying, but apples and pears if not apples and oranges.

bic50
06-05-2017, 11:30 AM
Meh. Warriors were mostly in cruise control against the Spurs after the comeback. They remember what happened last year in the finals up 3 to 1 and have their foot firmly on the gas. I get what you are saying, but apples and pears if not apples and oranges.
This.

JohnnyMax
06-05-2017, 11:52 AM
Because the Spurs are actually well coached. They run sets, they move and screen well away from the ball, they play good team defense, they hustle.

Basically everything the Cavs don't do. LeBronball isn't winning basketball.

HarlemHeat37
06-05-2017, 12:12 PM

Yep..it's evident that they're out for revenge vs. Cleveland, like the 2014 Spurs were vs. LeBron..

Of course they weren't going to give 100% vs. a team relying on Jonathan Simmons and Danny Green to run their offense:lol

poop
06-05-2017, 12:42 PM
A healthy spurs team, with a less stubborn coach, could have beat GS

TDomination
06-05-2017, 12:50 PM

i would pretty much agree with this except for the fact that Spurs were at one point dominating the warriors in their gym with kawhi. Something that the cavs haven't even come close to doing.

So even though kawhi does make a huge difference, Spurs are well coached defensively and could potentially give the warriors more fits then the current cave. But with that said, I would agree it didn't look like warriors were going 100% in games 3 and 4. More like a regular season game.

dabom
06-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Yep..it's evident that they're out for revenge vs. Cleveland, like the 2014 Spurs were vs. LeBron..

Of course they weren't going to give 100% vs. a team relying on Jonathan Simmons and Danny Green to run their offense:lol

Stop slurping dude. :lol

dabom
06-05-2017, 01:38 PM
They weren't also giving it their best game 1 too huh? :lol

spursmvp
06-05-2017, 01:58 PM
Spurs also led the warriors for almost a quarter in game 3 without kawhi before LMA screwed it all up. Something the cavs did not do.

testies
06-05-2017, 02:03 PM
I think we beat them next year

MultiTroll
06-05-2017, 02:14 PM
But with that said, I would agree it didn't look like warriors were going 100% in games 3 and 4. More like a regular season game.

I think a group of SpursTalk All Stars could have given more of a game then Pop strategy of Force Feed LMA combined with his geezer slow and effortless lineup.
Beating that lineup and strategy is about a zero accomplishment by Golden State.

$pursDynasty
06-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Like said previously it is an apples to oranges argument, however, I still maintain despite the fact that the Spurs aren't in the Finals this year, they are a better team than the Cavs. If there were a Silver metal round the healthy Spurs would beat the Cavs, heck a healthy Spurs might beat the Dubs. I know that they won't but I wish the League would eliminate conferences when it comes to the playoffs and just go 1-16, even if it means adjusting the regular season schedules. For all the talk of it being cyclical (the balance of power), I don't see the East being better than the West for quite some time now, and it hasn't been since the Jordan years (2 decades back).

jARS mEsH sEt
06-05-2017, 03:11 PM
A healthy Spurs team is better than this year's Cavs team, sure, but both pale in comparison to the Warriors.

If the Warriors are a 10/10 the Spurs are a 6.5 at best and the Cavs are probably a 6.

FkLA
06-05-2017, 03:20 PM
The Spurs handled the Cavs pretty easily this year. Only idiots think these are the two best teams and even bigger idiots think the Spurs would've had no shot with Kawhichael.

dabom
06-05-2017, 04:14 PM
The Spurs handled the Cavs pretty easily this year. Only idiots think these are the two best teams and even bigger idiots think the Spurs would've had no shot with Kawhichael.

:wow

tholdren
06-05-2017, 04:15 PM
This.

Is stupid. There is not a cruise control

Play Boban
06-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Did OP watch last year's Finals tbh?

SAGirl
06-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Because the Spurs are actually well coached. They run sets, they move and screen well away from the ball, they play good team defense, they hustle.

That is only when Lamarcus isn't on the floor.

tholdren
06-05-2017, 04:32 PM

Spurs were killing warriors without their 2nd best player and their injured best. People denying spurs were a better matchup for warriors than cavs are idiots.

Joseph Kony
06-05-2017, 04:42 PM
Cavs defense is just fucking garbage. just awful. Spurs played much better even without Kawhi. Tyrone Lue is an awful coach and as good as Lebron is, he can't win against the GOAT offense with such a terrible team defense. idk how many times i've seen Durant make uncontested drives/dunks in the first two games :lmao

bic50
06-05-2017, 05:08 PM
A healthy Spurs team is better than this year's Cavs team, sure, but both pale in comparison to the Warriors.

If the Warriors are a 10/10 the Spurs are a 6.5 at best and the Cavs are probably a 6.
Don't fear the warriors

DarrinS
06-05-2017, 05:42 PM
Cavs defense is just fucking garbage. just awful. Spurs played much better even without Kawhi. Tyrone Lue is an awful coach and as good as Lebron is, he can't win against the GOAT offense with such a terrible team defense. idk how many times i've seen Durant make uncontested drives/dunks in the first two games :lmao

This

tholdren
06-05-2017, 10:01 PM

Thats what you get when you let lebum gm. Chuckerz, and 1 hoopsterz, and no defense

06-05-2017, 11:59 PM
What happened to the excuse that the Warriors only win when teams have players injured?

The Cavs have no injuries in this series and the Warriors are throttling them.

Mal
06-06-2017, 01:49 AM
Zaza was out Spurs series. Difference maker

BillMc
06-06-2017, 02:59 AM

Well said.

bic50
06-06-2017, 08:03 AM
What happened to the excuse that the Warriors only win when teams have players injured?

The Cavs have no injuries in this series and the Warriors are throttling them.
Cavs aren't that good. Not good enough to compete with the warriors. However all evidence shows that warriors benefitted immensely with kl and Parker out the series.

06-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Cavs aren't that good. Not good enough to compete with the warriors. However all evidence shows that warriors benefitted immensely with kl and Parker out the series.

You wouldn't know it by the way Spurs fans on this board were talking about how the Cavs would beat them after the Spurs blew game one after Kawhi went down.

I don't even discount it as wishful thinking. Many were convinced and used the injury excuse as the reason the Warriors were winning the last few years.

$pursDynasty
06-06-2017, 10:04 AM
You wouldn't know it by the way Spurs fans on this board were talking about how the Cavs would beat them after the Spurs blew game one after Kawhi went down.

I don't even discount it as wishful thinking. Many were convinced and used the injury excuse as the reason the Warriors were winning the last few years.
I would like to believe that the fully healthy Spurs squad could take the Dubs this year, but I am not sure of it. I would just like to see both squads fully healthy play it out in a playoff series. That's about as objective as I can get on this subject.

NameLess Scrub
06-07-2017, 08:12 AM

They can definitely beat any team right now, but they do seem to benefit from injured teams, specially this year and 2015. Also, they haven't been the same team nor have the exact same roster every year since 2015. We can't use this version to analyze the past 2 seasons.