PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Realistically speaking, How many lbs of hotdogs can one consume in a baseball game?

apalisoc_9
06-06-2017, 12:37 AM
I think I have found a theory supported by Medical evidence.

Ever wonder why baseball fans are so fat? Well the game is 6 hours long. It's smart business...When you keep the fans in the stadium for longer hours more snacks or meals are bought.

*SaveAmericanHealth
*EatHealthy
*Boycottbaseball

06-06-2017, 06:41 AM
A fatball team would be perfect for fat antonio fans tbh..

DMC
06-06-2017, 10:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ihQckt6.jpg

Clipper Nation
06-06-2017, 11:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eysuL23Dm9Y

Clipper Nation
06-06-2017, 11:25 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6G7Y5xG.jpg

:lol Could povertyball get any gayer?

DAF86
06-07-2017, 08:45 AM

That's to prevent crambs, since you actually have to run and sweat while playing soccer, tbh.

Clipper Nation
06-07-2017, 11:23 AM
That's to prevent crambs, since you actually have to run and sweat while playing soccer, tbh.
Cramps? From lightly jogging around (while taking a break to flop every five seconds)? How out-of-shape are those faggots? :lmao

To put this in perspective, LeBron got ridiculed for cramping up while playing basketball, a real sport that requires actual physical exertion.

LkrFan
06-07-2017, 12:27 PM

Paying homage to a player that's won more rangs than him:

:lol

DAF86
06-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Cramps? From lightly jogging around (while taking a break to flop every five seconds)? How out-of-shape are those faggots? :lmao

To put this in perspective, LeBron got ridiculed for cramping up while playing basketball, a real sport that requires actual physical exertion.

Distance run per sport:

Soccer - 7 miles

Basketball - 2.55 miles

Baseball - 0.375 miles :lmao:lmao:lmao

https://www.google.com.ar/amp/www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/the-distance-run-per-game-in-various-sports%3Famp

apalisoc_9
06-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Distance run per sport:

Soccer - 7 miles

Basketball - 2.55 miles

https://www.google.com.ar/amp/www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/the-distance-run-per-game-in-various-sports%3Famp

0.3 Miles of "Walk"

:lol

Can baseball players even run for 15 straight seconds before having to sit in the bench again?

Clipper Nation
06-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Distance run per sport:

Soccer - 7 miles

Basketball - 2.55 miles

:lol Povertyball
:lol Distance "run"
:lol Prince Fielder runs faster than Ronaldo
:lol Povertyball

whitemamba
06-07-2017, 04:13 PM

thats a terrible take for your standards CN.

06-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Distance run per sport:

Soccer - 7 miles

Basketball - 2.55 miles

:lmao

unleashbaynes
06-07-2017, 04:59 PM
If you've never played baseball, you should probably shut the fuck up about how much energy it takes. Same with soccer.

whitemamba
06-07-2017, 05:15 PM
If you've never played baseball, you should probably shut the fuck up about how much energy it takes. Same with soccer.

There is no comparison, soccer requires much more.

Soccer: Long games, a massive field and a constantly moving ball add up to serious distance for soccer players. STATS puts the average at 7 miles per game depending on position, and as much as 9.5 miles for some players (not including goalies, of course).

Baseball: Of all the stats tracked in baseball, average running distance isn't one of them. Some New Yorkers walk a greater distance to work each day than the average player runs during a game, which is likely less than half a mile even for multiple home run hitters and fielders. The bases are only 90 feet apart after all, Gizmodo notes.

unleashbaynes
06-07-2017, 05:20 PM
There is no comparison, soccer requires much more.

Baseball takes a lot of mental energy. It's incredibly situational. If i'm in left field and i have runners on first and second, and someone hits a ball my way, where i go with the ball depends on how it's hit and how fast the runners on base are.

My outfielders have to be fast. My short stop and third basemen need to have cannons. Every position in the field has to constantly make crucial, potentially game changing decisions.

whitemamba
06-07-2017, 05:29 PM
Baseball takes a lot of mental energy. It's incredibly situational. If i'm in left field and i have runners on first and second, and someone hits a ball my way, where i go with the ball depends on how it's hit and how fast the runners on base are.

My outfielders have to be fast. My short stop and third basemen need to have cannons. Every position in the field has to constantly make crucial, potentially game changing decisions.

Yeah but they arent moving doing all that "thinking." Thats why fat fucks can get away with playing this professional sport. Where if guys like CC sabathia played soccer, they wouldnt make it back on defense, they would head straight for the o2 tank.

Clipper Nation
06-07-2017, 05:36 PM

Also, it's not like running is the only athletic feat. Every pitch and every hit in a professional baseball game is an incredible athletic feat, especially compared to the average Joe. And even in the field, we see ridiculous acrobatic catches all the time. Baseball players are extremely athletic, regardless of the insults from morons who think you have to lightly jog around all the time to be an athlete.

unleashbaynes
06-07-2017, 05:37 PM
Yeah but they arent moving doing all that "thinking." Thats why fat fucks can get away with playing this professional sport. Where if guys like CC sabathia played soccer, they wouldnt make it back on defense, they would head straight for the o2 tank.

By "fat fucks" i'm sure you're referring to designated hitters. I can agree a bit there, but you still gotta be an amazing hitter. Being able to throw a ball like CC is pretty special man. Hell, being able to find in fielders that can consistently throw accurately to first base is amazing. Just takes a ton of talent. All i'm saying.

unleashbaynes
06-07-2017, 05:40 PM
OK, so now we're judging whether or not something is a sport by how much you have to run while playing it. Is volleyball a sport?

unleashbaynes
06-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Also, it's not like running is the only athletic feat. Every pitch and every hit in a professional baseball game is an incredible athletic feat, especially compared to the average Joe. And even in the field, we see ridiculous acrobatic catches all the time. Baseball players are extremely athletic, regardless of the insults from morons who think you have to lightly jog around all the time to be an athlete.

That's what i'm saying. Play in a softball league sometime and even there you see people making the dumbest errors. Baseball players make it all look so incredibly easy.

whitemamba
06-07-2017, 06:13 PM
By "fat fucks" i'm sure you're referring to designated hitters. I can agree a bit there, but you still gotta be an amazing hitter. Being able to throw a ball like CC is pretty special man. Hell, being able to find in fielders that can consistently throw accurately to first base is amazing. Just takes a ton of talent. All i'm saying.
I'm not saying what they do is easy by all means , pitching and hitting are both damn hard, but they are not physically demanding.

The Gemini Method
06-07-2017, 06:24 PM
This whole baseball v. soccer thing is still going on? But as for hot dogs, not really a fan of Dodger dogs, too salty...

unleashbaynes
06-07-2017, 06:37 PM
I'm not saying what they do is easy by all means , pitching and hitting are both damn hard, but they are not physically demanding.

Do it every day for 9 months out of the year and then tell me it isn't physically demanding.

BD24
06-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Jesus christ, baseball and soccer both fucking suck, but baseball games are not 6 fucking hours. OP has to be one of the biggest idiots on the site and loves to prove it time and time again.