PDA

View Full Version : TExES Math 7-12 Exam

UNT Eagles 2016
06-06-2017, 07:37 PM
I know it's high school math, but I read it was going to be hard. I biked the 30 miles to near downtown Dallas and took the test on Friday and passed (with zero studying) with a 290 out of 300. I know it's mostly high school math, but it did have statistics and derivatives on it, so I'm gonna give myself props, okay?

Since I signed up for the alternative cert thingy (already having had a BBA), they said I can probably get a job for the fall. I'll be able to work at any district in Texas but I live in Plano so I want something close enough by. Is this true?

Mitch
06-06-2017, 07:47 PM
How's the marriage, Andrew?

Mark Celibate
06-06-2017, 07:59 PM
I know it's high school math, but I read it was going to be hard. I biked the 30 miles to near downtown Dallas and took the test on Friday and passed (with zero studying) with a 290 out of 300. I know it's mostly high school math, but it did have statistics and derivatives on it, so I'm gonna give myself props, okay?

Since I signed up for the alternative cert thingy (already having had a BBA), they said I can probably get a job for the fall. I'll be able to work at any district in Texas but I live in Plano so I want something close enough by. Is this true?

:lol congrats brah. I've actually taken that too. tbh I private tutor on the side of my real job and that's literally the only reason I got it just to appeal to parents but I have zero interest in ever teaching. I didn't really need to study at all either since I tutor all the Calc's and Diff Eq. It was basically a Pre-cal test with basic stats and calc principles.

I will say this...if you really want to teach you will have zero problem getting a job. I passed that and was too lazy to finish out the actual alternate cert (just want to say i'm "Highly Qualified") and I've still been FLOODED with random school districts wanting interviews. As long as you're qualified they don't even care if you finish off the cert or not. Math really is a high need in the state since most guys smart enough to do it like us would rather make good money in the tech sector as opposed to working 60 hours a week, for less pay, dealing with brats that hate us.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-06-2017, 08:22 PM
:lol congrats brah. I've actually taken that too. tbh I private tutor on the side of my real job and that's literally the only reason I got it just to appeal to parents but I have zero interest in ever teaching. I didn't really need to study at all either since I tutor all the Calc's and Diff Eq. It was basically a Pre-cal test with basic stats and calc principles.

I will say this...if you really want to teach you will have zero problem getting a job. I passed that and was too lazy to finish out the actual alternate cert (just want to say i'm "Highly Qualified") and I've still been FLOODED with random school districts wanting interviews. As long as you're qualified they don't even care if you finish off the cert or not. Math really is a high need in the state since most guys smart enough to do it like us would rather make good money in the tech sector as opposed to working 60 hours a week, for less pay, dealing with brats that hate us.
Yeah I did that for 8 months, better part of last year and got laid off early this year, and couldn't stand sitting around on the computer 8 hours a day and falling asleep and being constantly being pestered by annoying, smelly Indians. If I hadn't gotten laid off I probably would have quit after being there 1 year. No thanks to that again.

Also, the market up here stinks for new IT jobs unless you really like Java/C#. I hate object oriented programming. I wouldn't mind doing data analytics/data mining though, but there's not many jobs for that.

I'd rather deal with passing off 16 year olds with gf/bf/sports/cheerleading problems than with smelly old Indian men who have zero respect for our country and our home culture... when in Rome, do as the Romans do, okay? They obviously don't get it.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-06-2017, 08:27 PM
How's the marriage, Andrew?

She made me beer baked chicken and irish potatoes and vegetables today. Yum

Mark Celibate
06-06-2017, 11:36 PM
Yeah I did that for 8 months, better part of last year and got laid off early this year, and couldn't stand sitting around on the computer 8 hours a day and falling asleep and being constantly being pestered by annoying, smelly Indians. If I hadn't gotten laid off I probably would have quit after being there 1 year. No thanks to that again.

Also, the market up here stinks for new IT jobs unless you really like Java/C#. I hate object oriented programming. I wouldn't mind doing data analytics/data mining though, but there's not many jobs for that.

I'd rather deal with passing off 16 year olds with gf/bf/sports/cheerleading problems than with smelly old Indian men who have zero respect for our country and our home culture... when in Rome, do as the Romans do, okay? They obviously don't get it.

Do what you gotta do tbh imho.

What class are you looking to teach? Even if you do higher level high school math like Pre-Cal or Calculus, my understanding is that you have to also teach a brainlet course (like non-AP Algebra 1 or 2) and deal with that headache. You live in Plano right? I thought that was a haven for IT related jobs? I'm trying to better myself in Java/C++ currently. Good with python though.

rofl, I know what you mean about dealing with tech coworkers. Some of these mongoloids are as socially inept as it gets and it really holds them back.

Avante
06-07-2017, 12:35 AM

Here I am retired after 33 years in the insurance biz, while here you are.......probably get a job for the fall.....hahaha~~~

Mark Celibate
06-07-2017, 08:25 AM
Here I am retired after 33 years in the insurance biz, while here you are.......probably get a job for the fall.....hahaha~~~

:lmao being able to hold a shit job as an insurance salesman for that long is nothing to beat your chest about

Avante
06-07-2017, 10:56 AM
:lmao being able to hold a shit job as an insurance salesman for that long is nothing to beat your chest about

Sure it is little man. Here I sit making $$$$$$$$$ on renewal %. Does it get any better than that?

UNT Eagles 2016
06-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Do what you gotta do tbh imho.

What class are you looking to teach? Even if you do higher level high school math like Pre-Cal or Calculus, my understanding is that you have to also teach a brainlet course (like non-AP Algebra 1 or 2) and deal with that headache. You live in Plano right? I thought that was a haven for IT related jobs? I'm trying to better myself in Java/C++ currently. Good with python though.

rofl, I know what you mean about dealing with tech coworkers. Some of these mongoloids are as socially inept as it gets and it really holds them back.

3 years ago, yeah. Job outlook was great when I changed my major around January 2014. Most of them froze their hiring after around early-mid 2015. Now supply exceeds demand, unfortunately.

And yes they generally make you teach a full day to fill out your schedule, especially if your high school has a standard 8-class period day. The other option is coaching during the "other" periods where you're not teaching your primary subject, if the particular school has any vacancies there. There just aren't enough Pre-AP/AP Stats or Calculus students to go around. Personally, AP Stats would be my #1 choice. I wouldn't mind an Algebra I/II/College Algebra section or two, yeah it's meticulous but it should be easy.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Sure it is little man. Here I sit making $$$$$$$$$ on renewal %. Does it get any better than that?

67 years old and still worrying about $$$$$ ? Not even living in a mansion away from the city? Pathetic

06-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Pedovante bragging about being an old fart :lmao

Mark Celibate
06-07-2017, 10:21 PM
3 years ago, yeah. Job outlook was great when I changed my major around January 2014. Most of them froze their hiring after around early-mid 2015. Now supply exceeds demand, unfortunately.

And yes they generally make you teach a full day to fill out your schedule, especially if your high school has a standard 8-class period day. The other option is coaching during the "other" periods where you're not teaching your primary subject, if the particular school has any vacancies there. There just aren't enough Pre-AP/AP Stats or Calculus students to go around. Personally, AP Stats would be my #1 choice. I wouldn't mind an Algebra I/II/College Algebra section or two, yeah it's meticulous but it should be easy.

Interesting, thought you would be more of a Calculus guy than Stats considering your background but both are pretty cool IMO. Stats has det nigga Bernoulli after all.

tbh from my experience, out of all the high school maths if you go to a good school, Pre-AP Algebra II actually covers the most interesting stuff and they pull stuff from completely out of left field (Probability and Counting Principles, Vectors, Maximizing and minimizing Multivariable functions, conic inequalities etc) . Makes for a pretty cool math course whereas AP courses like Calculus or Stats get pretty routine after awhile since you can't really stray away from the textbook.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-07-2017, 10:51 PM
Interesting, thought you would be more of a Calculus guy than Stats considering your background but both are pretty cool IMO. Stats has det nigga Bernoulli after all.

tbh from my experience, out of all the high school maths if you go to a good school, Pre-AP Algebra II actually covers the most interesting stuff and they pull stuff from completely out of left field (Probability and Counting Principles, Vectors, Maximizing and minimizing Multivariable functions, conic inequalities etc) . Makes for a pretty cool math course whereas AP courses like Calculus or Stats get pretty routine after awhile since you can't really stray away from the textbook.
Always been more of an algebra guy than a shapes/geometry/trig guy tbh. Not really a visual learner.

Avante
06-07-2017, 11:12 PM
67 years old and still worrying about $$$$$ ? Not even living in a mansion away from the city? Pathetic

Little man, who is worried?

TDMVPDPOY
06-09-2017, 07:58 AM
maths/science high school teachers g et paid good money, nearly equivalent to what the principal earns...

UNT Eagles 2016
06-09-2017, 11:16 AM
maths/science high school teachers g et paid good money, nearly equivalent to what the principal earns...
Unfortunately in Texas at least, all teachers in a given district get paid the same regardless of subject/level

TDMVPDPOY
06-09-2017, 11:03 PM
Unfortunately in Texas at least, all teachers in a given district get paid the same regardless of subject/level

that's fck up then man...u teaching hardest subjects and u earn the same amount some clown teaching basic or easy subjects Is just wrong...

I dunno how its in the usa, in Australia u get allocated, those jobs out in the countryside comes with incentives man, either free rent and shit or u don't have to pay back student loans...and the student to teacher ratio per class I dunno....but in the city its about 22-30 students per teacher each class...

the problem is oversupply of teachers and not enough schools, or hard to get a placement job....

Mark Celibate
06-09-2017, 11:12 PM
that's fck up then man...u teaching hardest subjects and u earn the same amount some clown teaching basic or easy subjects Is just wrong...

I dunno how its in the usa, in Australia u get allocated, those jobs out in the countryside comes with incentives man, either free rent and shit or u don't have to pay back student loans...and the student to teacher ratio per class I dunno....but in the city its about 22-30 students per teacher each class...

the problem is oversupply of teachers and not enough schools, or hard to get a placement job....

brah it's a bureaucratic government job...there's no negotiating pay. But if you want to teach math in Texas and are qualified, you'd have to lock yourself in the closet with no access to your phone, e-mail, etc in order to not find a job. School districts will practically bang down your door and drag you kicking and screaming into a position whereas the Humanities teachers really struggle to find something.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-09-2017, 11:36 PM
brah it's a bureaucratic government job...there's no negotiating pay. But if you want to teach math in Texas and are qualified, you'd have to lock yourself in the closet with no access to your phone, e-mail, etc in order to not find a job. School districts will practically bang down your door and drag you kicking and screaming into a position whereas the Humanities teachers really struggle to find something.

Exactly. And if you want higher pay (ex. $50k or more as a first year teacher) you can always choose a district that pays more if you can teach a highly demanded field such as high school math. Different districts pay different salaries, even within a given city or county. Usually the more upscale suburban to medium-urban districts will pay the highest. But it could mean a longer commute.

My mom has qualifications for Generalist 4-8 (refuses to do math though)... EC-12 Art, and EC-6 education. Pretty much everything but high school and math. That's where the jobs are and it's why she struggles to find full time jobs from year to year.

There are other factors that can help you navigate into a slightly higher paid position, such as coaching for the school on the side of your teaching position.

But to answer his question, yes, in a given school in Texas the AP Calc/Stats guy gets paid the same base salary as the fashion design teacher lady. Fair or not, that's TExES rules.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-09-2017, 11:43 PM
Mark Celibate When I say calc vs stats I don't mean either are hard... give me algebraic derivatives and integrals all day, business-y calc problems etc... just keep the sin/cos/csc/tan crap the hell away from me. I don't do shapes or geometry, fuck that shit. And no proofs, that's rubbish.

TDMVPDPOY
06-09-2017, 11:50 PM
But to answer his question, yes, in a given school in Texas the AP Calc/Stats guy gets paid the same base salary as the fashion design teacher lady. Fair or not, that's TExES rules.

lol art teachers getting paid or bigger share of the school budget to fund their dept when they do nothing at all in class...

as for teachers and pay scale, depends on the school...if its a top school, to keep that pedigree they attract better teachers with better pay, leader to better results = better state funding....why is it some public schools are better then all of the public school? if its state own shouldn't it be equal playing field? yet some public schools has better funding, better facilities, yet how come the state cant spread that same concept/method across the board to increase other low performance public schools...that's because all the good teachers are being poach by better paying schools...

I heard they are making it harder, every 2-3yrs u need to go do extra classes or get retrain to keep up new teaching methods...

UNT Eagles 2016
06-09-2017, 11:53 PM
lol art teachers getting paid or bigger share of the school budget to fund their dept when they do nothing at all in class...

as for teachers and pay scale, depends on the school...if its a top school, to keep that pedigree they attract better teachers with better pay, leader to better results = better state funding....why is it some public schools are better then all of the public school? if its state own shouldn't it be equal playing field? yet some public schools has better funding, better facilities, yet how come the state cant spread that same concept/method across the board to increase other low performance public schools...that's because all the good teachers are being poach by better paying schools...

I heard they are making it harder, every 2-3yrs u need to go do extra classes or get retrain to keep up new teaching methods...
You have to do it a few days a year every year, usually 3 or so classes at the regional ed office during the schoolyear on a weekday. There's no way out of it unless you really want to go on Saturdays. Better to knock it out and give the kids a chance to get caught up on homework with a sub. It counts as school business so it doesn't count against your paid days off.

TDMVPDPOY
06-09-2017, 11:59 PM
You have to do it a few days a year every year, usually 3 or so classes at the regional ed office during the schoolyear on a weekday. There's no way out of it unless you really want to go on Saturdays. Better to knock it out and give the kids a chance to get caught up on homework with a sub. It counts as school business so it doesn't count against your paid days off.

then aren't u better off going to into the private sector like tutoring? that's also good money, see a lot of t hem small businesses opening up with afterschool programs like tutoring and shit...get paid good money unless ur tutoring ppl at home receiving cash in hand...

just like uni lecturers who get paid by contract instead of being a full time employee of the university, 200-300bucks per class lesson, but no other incentives compared to full time teachers...not bad just to stand up and talk shit to students, whether they understand it or not is up to the student

UNT Eagles 2016
06-10-2017, 12:02 AM
then aren't u better off going to into the private sector like tutoring? that's also good money, see a lot of t hem small businesses opening up with afterschool programs like tutoring and shit...get paid good money unless ur tutoring ppl at home receiving cash in hand...

just like uni lecturers who get paid by contract instead of being a full time employee of the university, 200-300bucks per class lesson, but no other incentives compared to full time teachers...not bad just to stand up and talk shit to students, whether they understand it or not is up to the student
If it's after school, who's to say you can't do both? If you're organized enough to do your grades and planning and shit during conference periods, student exams, etc.

Mark Celibate
06-10-2017, 10:11 AM

My friend, you are lucky I am here to set you straight since I understand the tutoring business really well. If you're actually looking for a career, teaching is still the way to go. These companies provide no health insurance or anything and you're out of luck during slow periods, summer breaks, etc unless you're like the top tutor at these locations. They're very good part time jobs and require no grading papers which is a plus. You have to understand too that tutors usually get paid a fraction of what they'll charge the parents. It's a great job if you're in between jobs or in college since you'll get paid pretty well hourly without having to work full time but it's not a career.

Mark Celibate
06-10-2017, 10:13 AM
Mark Celibate (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49544) When I say calc vs stats I don't mean either are hard... give me algebraic derivatives and integrals all day, business-y calc problems etc... just keep the sin/cos/csc/tan crap the hell away from me. I don't do shapes or geometry, fuck that shit. And no proofs, that's rubbish.

???

brah, trig isall over Calculus. Algebraic derivatives are like the first and easiest ones you learn? How can you say Calculus isn't hard when you say you only like the easy part of it?

UNT Eagles 2016
06-10-2017, 01:08 PM
My friend, you are lucky I am here to set you straight since I understand the tutoring business really well. If you're actually looking for a career, teaching is still the way to go. These companies provide no health insurance or anything and you're out of luck during slow periods, summer breaks, etc unless you're like the top tutor at these locations. They're very good part time jobs and require no grading papers which is a plus. You have to understand too that tutors usually get paid a fraction of what they'll charge the parents. It's a great job if you're in between jobs or in college since you'll get paid pretty well hourly without having to work full time but it's not a career.
It's also a great after school job for a math teacher who doesn't have obligations after school, such as clubs, coaching etc. If the school requires you do classroom tutoring, you can always do it before school 2-3 days a week. But yes as a primary private tutoring employment sucks. As you said the tutors make a smallish fraction of the tutoring tuition at those little places so it's best if you start the tutoring business venture yourself.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-10-2017, 01:12 PM
???

brah, trig isall over Calculus. Algebraic derivatives are like the first and easiest ones you learn? How can you say Calculus isn't hard when you say you only like the easy part of it?
That's why I didn't take Calc III, Multivariate Calc, Linear Algebra, Diff Eq's in college.

I took the professors who taught everything to do with calc (including advanced concepts like implicit diff, u-substitution) and a bunch of problems involving the fundamentals like rate of change, fundamental theorem of calc with definite integrals, etc... EXCEPT trig. Just literally calculus minus trig. That's all.

The only test I ever failed, in any subject, at any level (grade school thru college), in my life... was in 11th grade Pre-AP Pre Calc in mid November when we had an exam of nothing but trig identity proofs. All that +1, function squared theta, even-odd angles, rule of add/subtract/divide stuff... with no cheat/formula sheet... that really shot my brain like nothing else had ever. I ended up with a headache and a 54% on that test. I believe that was the one she dropped that cycle.

Mark Celibate
06-10-2017, 11:43 PM
That's why I didn't take Calc III, Multivariate Calc, Linear Algebra, Diff Eq's in college.

I took the professors who taught everything to do with calc (including advanced concepts like implicit diff, u-substitution) and a bunch of problems involving the fundamentals like rate of change, fundamental theorem of calc with definite integrals, etc... EXCEPT trig. Just literally calculus minus trig. That's all.

The only test I ever failed, in any subject, at any level (grade school thru college), in my life... was in 11th grade Pre-AP Pre Calc in mid November when we had an exam of nothing but trig identity proofs. All that +1, function squared theta, even-odd angles, rule of add/subtract/divide stuff... with no cheat/formula sheet... that really shot my brain like nothing else had ever. I ended up with a headache and a 54% on that test. I believe that was the one she dropped that cycle.

oh tbh, I thought you were a CS major since I know those guys have to take Calc/Linear Algebra/Diff Eq trifecta as I did.

yeah those double angle formula, sum/difference stuff you basically have to memorize at that level which is a pain. I'm not one of those "Oh, why didn't you just derive all the formulas from scratch??" autists who expects you to actually do all that shit in 11th grade.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-11-2017, 01:01 PM
oh tbh, I thought you were a CS major since I know those guys have to take Calc/Linear Algebra/Diff Eq trifecta as I did.

yeah those double angle formula, sum/difference stuff you basically have to memorize at that level which is a pain. I'm not one of those "Oh, why didn't you just derive all the formulas from scratch??" autists who expects you to actually do all that shit in 11th grade.
Business Analytics & IT major. Took the easy way out. No physics, either. Like I said, I can do calculus, just without the trig part. And I do know a few basic things, like the derivative of sin is cos, and the derivative of cos is -sin.

spurraider21
06-11-2017, 04:52 PM
man... its been about 6-7 years since i took calc series. i barely remember shit, though i distinctly recall hating calc 2 with all the series/sequences. actually found multivariable to be easier

UNT Eagles 2016
06-11-2017, 05:17 PM
man... its been about 6-7 years since i took calc series. i barely remember shit, though i distinctly recall hating calc 2 with all the series/sequences. actually found multivariable to be easier

The Riemann sums? I thought that was a calc 1 concept, I had it in my calc 1 class right at the same time my teacher was getting into definite integrals.

Mark Celibate
06-11-2017, 05:19 PM

probably because it's just a condensed version of 1 and 2 extended to multiple variables. so there's a lot of lessons that are repetitive/trivial. however, the proofs and trying to imagine some of the three dimensional concepts like flux, binormal vectors, and triple integrals were serious business for brainlets like myself

The Riemann sums? I thought that was a calc 1 concept, I had it in my calc 1 class right at the same time my teacher was getting into definite integrals.

He's not talking about Riemann sums. That's basically setting up what a definite integral is related to area under a curve which is first seen in Calculus I. They're used a lot as well in a calc-based Physics course when deriving formulas of Work, Moment of Inertia, Center of Mass etc

he's talking about the taylor/maclaurin series where you turn any function into a polynomial that goes on indefinitely. Like, if you wanted to approximate what cos(4) is, you can just make a maclaurin polynomial that goes long enough and do it all by hand.

/autism

UNT Eagles 2016
06-11-2017, 05:20 PM
probably because it's just a condensed version of 1 and 2 extended to multiple variables. so there's a lot of lessons that are repetitive/trivial. however, the proofs and trying to imagine some of the three dimensional concepts like flux, binormal vectors, and triple integrals were serious business for brainlets like myself
I really don't see the point of that stuff. Is it even practical to the real world?

spurraider21
06-11-2017, 05:20 PM
yeah, a lot of it felt oddly simple. i originally had to take linear algebra and diff/eq, but i changed my major from chem to biochem and got to avoid anything past calc 3.

calc 1 was annoying since i took ap calc (AB, not BC) in high school and scored a 4 on the exam, and for science majors at ucla, they only gave credit if you scored a 5 on AB (4 would have been acceptable on BC). so i ended up taking that my first quarter at ucla, and finished math reqs all in freshman year. but i dont remember shit tbh, outside of a few uses in physics, i never really had to apply much of it in other classes, so its basically been 7 years since i've looked at anything

used to love math mostly because i was good with numbers, and algebra always was intuitive to me... but i stopped caring for it around calc

Mark Celibate
06-11-2017, 05:24 PM
I really don't see the point of that stuff. Is it even practical to the real world?

huge in Physics

Mark Celibate
06-11-2017, 07:43 PM
yeah, a lot of it felt oddly simple. i originally had to take linear algebra and diff/eq, but i changed my major from chem to biochem and got to avoid anything past calc 3.

calc 1 was annoying since i took ap calc (AB, not BC) in high school and scored a 4 on the exam, and for science majors at ucla, they only gave credit if you scored a 5 on AB (4 would have been acceptable on BC). so i ended up taking that my first quarter at ucla, and finished math reqs all in freshman year. but i dont remember shit tbh, outside of a few uses in physics, i never really had to apply much of it in other classes, so its basically been 7 years since i've looked at anything

used to love math mostly because i was good with numbers, and algebra always was intuitive to me... but i stopped caring for it around calc

even though you'll soon be making shekels as a lawyer I feel as if you would've been pretty successful as an engineer if you had to take more. probably would've been more interesting if you're degree actually applied it

tbh once I got to the end of Diff Eq and Linear Algebra I started getting a little lost too so that's pretty much my limit. baseline bum, pgardn, Agloco (a few others I'm probably missing) are the real heavy hitters on this site with the math stuff. I'd love to pick it back up and learn more but I've spent the past year or so mainly focused on improving my programming skillz.

spurraider21
06-11-2017, 07:46 PM
even though you'll soon be making shekels as a lawyer I feel as if you would've been pretty successful as an engineer if you had to take more. probably would've been more interesting if you're degree actually applied it

tbh once I got to the end of Diff Eq and Linear Algebra I started getting a little lost too so that's pretty much my limit. baseline bum, pgardn, Agloco (a few others I'm probably missing) are the real heavy hitters on this site with the math stuff. I'd love to pick it back up and learn more but I've spent the past year or so mainly focused on improving my programming skillz.
maybe. doesn't really help that around my 2nd/3rd year i decided i wasn't going to pursue a career in STEM, so i was basically on autopilot beyond that, which hurt my gpa. you cant really half-ass ur way through biochem

Avante
06-11-2017, 08:04 PM
I need you people to elevate your game, you're boring as fuck.

I''ll be back tomorrow, I better see something better than this silly shit, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr~~~~~~~~

Will Hunting
06-11-2017, 08:50 PM
I need you people to elevate your game, you're boring as fuck.

I''ll be back tomorrow, I better see something better than this silly shit, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr~~~~~~~~
Yeah agreed living vicariously through black men who run really fast as a subconscious front for being a cuckold is much more interesting tbh.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Yeah agreed living vicariously through black men who run really fast as a subconscious front for being a cuckold is much more interesting tbh.

Avante is the guy behind the Coagula project from Get Out... he'd do anything to be a 25 year old black guy who runs a 4.2 40

UNT Eagles 2016
06-11-2017, 09:08 PM
maybe. doesn't really help that around my 2nd/3rd year i decided i wasn't going to pursue a career in STEM, so i was basically on autopilot beyond that, which hurt my gpa. you cant really half-ass ur way through biochem

That's true... at UNT, O-Chem was either... learn it all, work your ass off and make an "A" or... half ass it and struggle to pass. Not a whole lot of grades in the 75-90 range.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2017, 11:15 PM
some maths subjects are a waste of time if u don't plan on working in that field that requires u to work it out

there are guys who are dumbkents at school, who only do basic maths like calculating perimeter/shapes and shit, yet they drop out of high school or finish yr12, go do some technical course like a trademans/carpentry...these guys were more hands on approach, they weren't interested in school

even some clowns I know became electricians...blue collar workers earn a lot of money if they were self employed the day they finish their training, 1st year fulltime employed vs some clown still in university, by the time that clown graduates and gets a entry level job, the blue collar job guy is probably close to 6 figures annual salary...

stats and shit if ur interested in a office job number crunching shit
trigonometry shit, algebra shit...im not an engineer or never interested in that shit, but if u understand that shit u can move into programming since its all abou how much shit u can remember right?

some fkn bookworks don't do shit in class, yet rock up into class/exams and just kill the papers...cause they were taught how to memorise 1 page, let alone a whole textbook or t hat terms work load...its fcked up man...u just cant compete against those ppl who have that talent who can memorise a text book

UNT Eagles 2016
06-12-2017, 08:02 AM
some maths subjects are a waste of time if u don't plan on working in that field that requires u to work it out

there are guys who are dumbkents at school, who only do basic maths like calculating perimeter/shapes and shit, yet they drop out of high school or finish yr12, go do some technical course like a trademans/carpentry...these guys were more hands on approach, they weren't interested in school

even some clowns I know became electricians...blue collar workers earn a lot of money if they were self employed the day they finish their training, 1st year fulltime employed vs some clown still in university, by the time that clown graduates and gets a entry level job, the blue collar job guy is probably close to 6 figures annual salary...

stats and shit if ur interested in a office job number crunching shit
trigonometry shit, algebra shit...im not an engineer or never interested in that shit, but if u understand that shit u can move into programming since its all abou how much shit u can remember right?

some fkn bookworks don't do shit in class, yet rock up into class/exams and just kill the papers...cause they were taught how to memorise 1 page, let alone a whole textbook or t hat terms work load...its fcked up man...u just cant compete against those ppl who have that talent who can memorise a text book
The problem is, it's almost never salary. It's 1099 which means the IRS taxes the pants off you. And usually that kind of money is only made in electrics, which often leads to electrocution and death of the electrician, so it's very risky.

Avante
06-12-2017, 09:26 PM

Dude, here are the fastest..WHITE..American sprinters by school in Cali (can do this for every school), ok? I follow sprinting not white/black, ok little man?

USC..Charles Paddock, Frank Wykoff, Mel Patton...all WR holders. Now add...Fred Kuller, Payton Jordan.
UCLA..Tom Jones NCAA 20m champ
Cal..Hal Davis...fastest man in the world early 40's. George Anderson WR holder.
Fresno State...Mike Agostini WR holder (a white car from Trinidad) Darel Newman...the only white sprinter to beat Bob Hayes, he did it in a 60.
Stanford...Larry Questad NCAA champ, Clyde Jefferys WR holder
San Diego State...Marty Kruelee, there was a time his 10.18 was the paleface record.

Wanna see me do that for Texas?

So you were wrong.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Dude, here are the fastest..WHITE..American sprinters by school in Cali (can do this for every school), ok? I follow sprinting not white/black, ok little man?

USC..Charles Paddock, Frank Wykoff, Mel Patton...all WR holders. Now add...Fred Kuller, Payton Jordan.
UCLA..Tom Jones NCAA 20m champ
Cal..Hal Davis...fastest man in the world early 40's. George Anderson WR holder.
Fresno State...Mike Agostini WR holder (a white car from Trinidad) Darel Newman...the only white sprinter to beat Bob Hayes, he did it in a 60.
Stanford...Larry Questad NCAA champ, Clyde Jefferys WR holder
San Diego State...Marty Kruelee, there was a time his 10.18 was the paleface record.

Wanna see me do that for Texas?

So you were wrong.
What about anywhere in the country... Year 2000 and beyond? whites?

Avante
06-12-2017, 09:34 PM
What about anywhere in the country... Year 2000 and beyond? whites?

Oklahoma States John Teeters is the fastest white American with his 10.00, he ran that last season. He's a big guy and has football written all over him but he doesn't play.

Since 2000 he really is the only "National Class" white American 100m cat.

Whites can sprint, the thing is they just can't sprint that sub 9.90 stuff, that is the black world.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-12-2017, 09:36 PM
Oklahoma States John Teeters is the fastest white American with his 10.00, he ran that last season. He's a big guy and has football written all over him but he doesn't play.

Since 2000 he really is the only "National Class" white American 100m cat.

Whites can sprint, the thing is they just can't sprint that sub 9.90 stuff, that is the black world.

Whites are great at the 20 yard shuttle and cross country though.

Avante
06-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Whites are great at the 20 yard shuttle and cross country though.

Ok.

We have to go all the way back to 1964 and Dartmouths Gerry Ashworth to find a white sprinter on a USA Olympic 4x1 team. There are no white running backs who belong with....

Barry Sanders
Eric Dickerson
O.J.Simpson
Curtis Dickey
Adrian Peterson
Tony Dorsett
Bo Jackson
Herschel Walker
Jamaal Charles
Chris Johnson
Joe Delaney
Napolean Kaufman
Justin Fargas
Michael Bennett

...not even close.

McCaffreys grandpa Dave Sime is still one of the two/three fastest white Americans ever, he last ran in 1960.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-12-2017, 10:04 PM
Will McCaffrey be the best white RB in decades? Or is he more of a slot receiver like Edelman.

Mitch
06-12-2017, 10:08 PM
Will McCaffrey be the best white RB in decades? Or is he more of a slot receiver like Edelman.

Not now, you cursed him Andrew.

Avante
06-12-2017, 10:13 PM

If they use him as mostly a RB he will be banged up all the time, he just doesn't have the body for that at the NFL level. He's not overly nifty, he's a cut and go, that doesn't work the same in the NFL. i would use him as mostly a slot who with run occasionally so that threat is there, and I do keep his stuff outside, he has no business banging lines.

As a slot/RB I see him shining.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-12-2017, 10:55 PM
If they use him as mostly a RB he will be banged up all the time, he just doesn't have the body for that at the NFL level. He's not overly nifty, he's a cut and go, that doesn't work the same in the NFL. i would use him as mostly a slot who with run occasionally so that threat is there, and I do keep his stuff outside, he has no business banging lines.

As a slot/RB I see him shining.

So you basically wasted your premium top-10 pick on a guy you could have gotten in the 4th round with the same skillset in Ryan Switzer (who played in Carolina, for the record). Instead of a position of actual extreme need in Lattimore. Awesome.

Avante
06-12-2017, 11:03 PM
So you basically wasted your premium top-10 pick on a guy you could have gotten in the 4th round with the same skillset in Ryan Switzer (who played in Carolina, for the record). Instead of a position of actual extreme need in Lattimore. Awesome.

Apparently ya didn't get it, let me slow it down for ya.

Carolina will use McCaffrey as a RB, he will be banging lines. And he will be hurt. I was talking about the smart way to go about this and no Switzer can't do the things McCaffrey can, you should know this.

Switzer is a 174 pounds, now think, ok?

UNT Eagles 2016
06-12-2017, 11:06 PM
Apparently ya didn't get it, let me slow it down for ya.

Carolina will use McCaffrey as a RB, he will be banging lines. And he will be hurt. I was talking about the smart way to go about this and no Switzer can't do the things McCaffrey can, you should know this.

Switzer is a 174 pounds, now think, ok?
Given the skillset you talk about, there's no reason for any team to draft him before 25th overall.

- You don't draft a non-bell cow RB with a premium pick
- You don't draft a slot receiver (e.g. a smaller receiver without elite top speed) with a premium pick
- You don't draft a hybrid RB/WR with a premium pick

Really he's not worth a premium pick. Way overdrafted

The point I'm trying to make about Switzer is he's just as good of a slot receiver as McCaffrey and there were RBs available that are better bell cows than McCaffrey (Cook, Mixon). You don't draft a hybrid with a top half of the first round pick, that's just stupid.

Avante
06-12-2017, 11:31 PM
Given the skillset you talk about, there's no reason for any team to draft him before 25th overall.

- You don't draft a non-bell cow RB with a premium pick
- You don't draft a slot receiver (e.g. a smaller receiver without elite top speed) with a premium pick
- You don't draft a hybrid RB/WR with a premium pick

Really he's not worth a premium pick. Way overdrafted

The point I'm trying to make about Switzer is he's just as good of a slot receiver as McCaffrey and there were RBs available that are better bell cows than McCaffrey (Cook, Mixon). You don't draft a hybrid with a top half of the first round pick, that's just stupid.

Just like your picks...WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You bring in a player who can make an instant impact, that is McCaffrey. You do not get all wrapped up in that silly shit you talked about, and that was rookie crap, ok? You want a player who will put stress on a defense and it doesn't matter how or from where, you got this?

McCaffrey can return KO's, punts, can catch the ball, he's a RB. That kind of athlete is a valued commodity, if you can't see that why am I not surprised?

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2017, 11:37 PM
pedokent destroying another thread posting shit unrelated to topic discussion

look kent, we all know u love the bbc

UNT Eagles 2016
06-12-2017, 11:52 PM
Just like your picks...WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You bring in a player who can make an instant impact, that is McCaffrey. You do not get all wrapped up in that silly shit you talked about, and that was rookie crap, ok? You want a player who will put stress on a defense and it doesn't matter how or from where, you got this?

McCaffrey can return KO's, punts, can catch the ball, he's a RB. That kind of athlete is a valued commodity, if you can't see that why am I not surprised?

Switzer can do all that, well maybe you don't use him in the backfield much, but if you're going to exclusively side to side run with McCaffrey as you wanted then it becomes pretty obvious for the defense.

Avante
06-13-2017, 12:07 AM
pedokent destroying another thread posting shit unrelated to topic discussion

look kent, we all know u love the bbc

In case ya haven't noticed asshole the OP has no problems with it, so mind your own fucking business, ya got that bitch?

Avante
06-13-2017, 12:10 AM
Switzer can do all that, well maybe you don't use him in the backfield much, but if you're going to exclusively side to side run with McCaffrey as you wanted then it becomes pretty obvious for the defense.

Dude, are you for real? The whole thing with McCaffrey is....will he run or receive? You really don't get this? Switzer isn't going to be running the football at 174 pounds (not a thickly muscled 174). So where is that treat of the run? So how does the D treat him vs McCaffrey?

Why not do less talking and more watching and learning, ok?

McCaffrey can be moved all over the field, what does that do ti a D?

UNT Eagles 2016
06-13-2017, 08:56 PM
McCaffrey can be moved all over the field, what does that do ti a D?

A lot less than a punishing 6'1" 230 pound bell cow behind a physical offensive line.

Mark Celibate
06-13-2017, 09:45 PM

Bro, you are right about that. I work in the tech industry now and am trying to upskill through books, free online courses, YouTube, etc. What's up with the disproportionate amount of Indians giving these lectures? There's more Chatterjees in this sector than in a New Delhi phonebook. quite frustrating tbh

Avante
06-13-2017, 11:27 PM
A lot less than a punishing 6'1" 230 pound bell cow behind a physical offensive line.

Now think, ok? How hard is it to scheme a line thumper? Now compare that to a multi faceted all over the field in a multitude of formaions offensive weapon?

Pay attention...

Yes, in that 4th quarter trying to protect a lead and run clock, ya do need that big power back to eat up time and move the chains. BUT....those guys are a dime a dozen.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-13-2017, 11:56 PM
Now think, ok? How hard is it to scheme a line thumper? Now compare that to a multi faceted all over the field in a multitude of formaions offensive weapon?

Pay attention...

Yes, in that 4th quarter trying to protect a lead and run clock, ya do need that big power back to eat up time and move the chains. BUT....those guys are a dime a dozen.

You scheme by containing the outsides and forcing the dude to run between the tackles for minimum gain. In the receiving game, you shadow the quick, short routes and challenge him to beat you deep against faster and more athletic corners.

Point being, a Danny Woodhead is a lot easier to scheme for than a prime AP or modern day Ezekiel Elliott. You put 8 in the box, it's death by the pass (if the QB is good enough), if less, it's death up the middle.

Avante
06-14-2017, 12:17 AM
You scheme by containing the outsides and forcing the dude to run between the tackles for minimum gain. In the receiving game, you shadow the quick, short routes and challenge him to beat you deep against faster and more athletic corners.

Point being, a Danny Woodhead is a lot easier to scheme for than a prime AP or modern day Ezekiel Elliott. You put 8 in the box, it's death by the pass (if the QB is good enough), if less, it's death up the middle.

Dude, why do you do that? When are you ever going to figure this out? What can you tell me about football? Saw my first televised game around 1959. I played over 20 years of organized football, so cool all that shit, ok?

Remember when you were freaking out like some rookie over the Falcons in the SB? What do I always say...........SLOW THE FUCK DOWN....right? You're lucky I have a heart and realized you're just a silly kid on the internet.

Dude, how many cornerbacks can out run McCaffrey, not many. He really is the ultimate weapon, he can hurt a D in so many different ways. And if they are smart they have him throw a few just to plant that seed and give the D more to think about.

You need to just read and learn over this one, ok?