PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Vegas: Warriors would be 8-point favorites vs. 1996 Bulls..

HarlemHeat37
06-07-2017, 11:10 PM
Kind of a no-brainer, but interesting to hear from the people that would know best, tbh..

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19551501/golden-state-warriors-favored-1995-96-chicago-bulls

AlexJones
06-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Under 2017 rules, the Cavs would be favored on a neutral court as well. Only a true moron, which is 95% of the casual NBA fanbase, would think otherwise.

Fabbs
06-07-2017, 11:30 PM
Ya Vegas wouldn't put out anything that was based on getting the most $$ and attention.
It would only be based on what pure hearted Vegas gambling establishments thought was true.

:lol Buy a vowel. :lol

dbreiden83080
06-07-2017, 11:36 PM
The NBA has changed like 200 rules since 1996..

Fabbs
06-07-2017, 11:38 PM
The NBA has changed like 200 rules since 1996..
Ya like wonder if maybe, just maybe Curry would get put on his ass when he came prancing down the lane.

ViceCity86
06-07-2017, 11:41 PM
Harper, Rodman, Longley 60% of starting lineup vs this Warriors team.

The Dubs should be favored by 2 touchdowns.

dbreiden83080
06-07-2017, 11:55 PM
Harper, Rodman, Longley 60% of starting lineup vs this Warriors team.

The Dubs should be favored by 2 touchdowns.

Rodman and Green would be throwing chairs at each other in the first quarter..

skut_farkus
06-08-2017, 12:35 AM
Honestly we are watching the greatest team ever assembled tbh. Alot of these old players saying they could sweep them played in a watered down era or against 5 foot honkies

lefty
06-08-2017, 12:40 AM
No

Rodman would get under Draymond's skin way too easily :lol

Game over right there

Ghazi
06-08-2017, 12:42 AM
This doesn't make sense because Cleveland was +9 in game 2. If Warriors are -8 on a neutral court, would they be -11 at Oracle? Therefore Cavs > 96 Bulls?

Don't see it.

lebomb
06-08-2017, 07:54 AM
Short term memory for most and some never even saw the 96 bulls team play. Under ol school rules Bulls for sure, rules of Todays NBA.......the Bulls still might win since no one could hand check Jordan or Pippen. We will never know though.

lefty
06-08-2017, 08:07 AM
Steve Kerr would be raining 3s on today's NBA, certainly an MVP candidate

LkrFan
06-08-2017, 09:01 AM
No

Game over right there

Yep yep - just like Zo Mourning back in the day :lol

Mal
06-08-2017, 09:03 AM
That`s about correct. I can`t see 1996 Bulls scoring 125 on GSW.

dbestpro
06-08-2017, 09:14 AM
Depends on the rules. You play by the whistle of the 90s then the Bulls win easily. Could you imagine the bad boy Pistons with the whistle of their day going against the Warriors? There would be buckets of tears in California.

hitmanyr2k
06-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Ya like wonder if maybe, just maybe Curry would get put on his ass when he came prancing down the lane.

That's one advantage perimeter players have now. They can't get fouled hard. And defenders are scared to wrap guys up. I've lost count how many times I've seen a defender attempt to wrap up an offensive player but then has to let go and the offensive player finishes the shot anyway and flexes :lol Curry had a play last night where he went to the rim and got fouled and instead of the defender following through with his foul to prevent the "And 1" he pulled back, Curry scored and flexed on the floor :lol

JoeTait75
06-08-2017, 10:21 AM
2017 NBA? Warriors, easy.

1996 NBA? Bulls. Can you imagine what MJ, Pippen, Harper and Rodman would do to Curry the way the game was played back then? They'd beat the living shit out of him.

lebomb
06-08-2017, 10:36 AM
2017 NBA? Warriors, easy.

1996 NBA? Bulls. Can you imagine what MJ, Pippen, Harper and Rodman would do to Curry the way the game was played back then? They'd beat the living shit out of him.

I remember when Tony was driving to the basket against the Pistons, the next game Tony was knocked the hell down going to the bucket. Tony stopped driving, and it changed the flow of the game. We had to regroup as a team on game plan.

ViceCity86
06-08-2017, 01:23 PM
96 Bulls couldn't beat 2017 Wizards today.

Judd Buechler and Bill Wennington were their 8th and 9th guys. :lol

lefty
06-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Buechler would average 20 ppg today

daslicer
06-08-2017, 06:49 PM
The Warriors would easily beat the '96 Bulls since the Bulls are all in their 50's now.

06-08-2017, 08:59 PM
:lol today's Vegas

Venti Quattro
06-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Old school rules had a shorter three point line. Yeah the 96 Bulls can handcheck the 2017 Warriors all they want but the Dubs will still drop 130 on them :lol

The extra physicality would mean Draymond, JaVale McGee, Matt Barnes, and David West could be more physical with Jordan and you know those guys wouldn't be shy to whack Mike. Zaza Pachulia surely would be allowed more freedom to play dirty.

The 1996 Bulls made six three pointers a game on average. Steph Curry, Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson could all do that individually in a quarter

:lmao retrograde dumbasses thinking the 1996 Bulls stand a chance against this stacked Warriors squad

UZER
06-08-2017, 10:54 PM
Anyone who thinks the bulls would win with either rules is a fool.

webshad
06-08-2017, 11:38 PM
The Warriors would easily beat the '96 Bulls since the Bulls are all in their 50's now.

hahaahah

Still Rodmad > Green :lol

lebomb
06-09-2017, 08:32 AM
Anyone who thinks the bulls would win with either rules is a fool.

I have been involved in basketball during both eras, and Im saying there will never be a way to know..........but, the NBA played much tougher defense back then, so the Warriors would not even see 120-130pts in a game. So I dont care about how well they shoot 3's, the bulls would keep them off the line way better than the Cavs.

Defense in Todays NBA and Today Basketball as a whole is a joke. I go to AAU games, college games and NBA games. Its all matadore defense. If a player gets by you, they let him go. If a screen is set, the defense lets the guy take an uncontested 3. Pick up games are a complete joke now. Its like an exhibition on showing your boys your cool moves. No one is really playing hard or REAL basketball.

:claw

InRareForm
06-09-2017, 09:22 AM
when are they playing?

UZER
06-09-2017, 10:53 AM
I have been involved in basketball during both eras, and Im saying there will never be a way to know..........but, the NBA played much tougher defense back then, so the Warriors would not even see 120-130pts in a game. So I dont care about how well they shoot 3's, the bulls would keep them off the line way better than the Cavs.

Defense in Todays NBA and Today Basketball as a whole is a joke. I go to AAU games, college games and NBA games. Its all matadore defense. If a player gets by you, they let him go. If a screen is set, the defense lets the guy take an uncontested 3. Pick up games are a complete joke now. Its like an exhibition on showing your boys your cool moves. No one is really playing hard or REAL basketball.

:claw

I don't disagree, but what the hell does that have to with the warriors defense?

And I dont care how physical you think the bulls would be. Guys from that era could not cover 43' if half court for 48 minutes like you are required to do now so many guys can shoot from outside. You not only have to do it individually but also as a team against the Warriors. The bulls heads would be spinning trying to keep up with the pace of today's warriors team.

ambchang
06-09-2017, 11:10 AM
The Nuggets didn't make the playoffs in 1996 and they had the original Curry in Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.

:lol yesterday's NBA

dfens
06-09-2017, 11:15 AM
just shows you that rules are critical. Under pre '00 rules the '96 bulls would destroy the soft warriors, and the warriors would destroy the bulls with the 3 under today's bullshit rules. The greatest team in the history of the game? ... no, the warriors are just the greatest team in the unfair rules (can set screens like a motherfucker but you can't even touch a slasher on defense, rip through = 2 fts, flopping encouraged, etc) we got today. Casual rules for casual fans tbh.

lefty
06-09-2017, 11:29 AM
The Nuggets didn't make the playoffs in 1996 and they had the original Curry in Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.

:lol yesterday's NBA

So by your logic Steph would have struggled back then

baseline bum
06-09-2017, 11:38 AM
I can't see the Bulls beating this Warriors team. Those Chicago teams regularly scored in the 80s, and didn't have many offensive weapons outside Jordan and Pippen. It wouldn't be guys like Hersey Hawkins and Jeff Hornacek guarding Jordan, it would be Klay Thompson + Andre Iguodala for 48 minutes. If you wanted to come up with a 90s team that could beat these Warriors it wouldn't be the Bulls, it would be the 95 Rockets. Just slow the game down and dump it to Olajuwon every possession. LOL at Javale McGee, Zaza Pachulia, or Draymond Green not getting destroyed every time down the floor then.

redzero
06-09-2017, 12:36 PM
What's stopping The Warriors from raining 3's on The Rockets?

hitmanyr2k
06-09-2017, 12:41 PM
I can't see the Bulls beating this Warriors team. Those Chicago teams regularly scored in the 80s, and didn't have many offensive weapons outside Jordan and Pippen. It wouldn't be guys like Hersey Hawkins and Jeff Hornacek guarding Jordan, it would be Klay Thompson + Andre Iguodala for 48 minutes. If you wanted to come up with a 90s team that could beat these Warriors it wouldn't be the Bulls, it would be the 95 Rockets. Just slow the game down and dump it to Olajuwon every possession. LOL at Javale McGee, Zaza Pachulia, or Draymond Green not getting destroyed every time down the floor then.

The Bulls played a slower pace and could control the pace of the game because they actually ran a structured offense. They got the uptempo game going when they caused turnovers but didn't run down the court and jack up shots just because. Cleveland seems to think they can run and gun which plays right into Golden State's hands because that's the game they want. The Cavs don't have a floor general to control the pace of the game. Kyrie is really just a scorer in a point guard's body. Lebron has been pushing the ball trying to get buckets when GS's defense is scrambled because he has trouble scoring in the half court. He's been very successful scoring against Golden State's horrendous transition defense but he can't do it all game.

lebomb
06-09-2017, 01:05 PM
I don't disagree, but what the hell does that have to with the warriors defense?

And I dont care how physical you think the bulls would be. Guys from that era could not cover 43' if half court for 48 minutes like you are required to do now so many guys can shoot from outside. You not only have to do it individually but also as a team against the Warriors. The bulls heads would be spinning trying to keep up with the pace of today's warriors team.

Noone on defense is going hard. Everyone is jogging. Look at how many dunks and uncontested free to the basket layups the Cavs gave the GSW. Its comical. :rolleyes

ambchang
06-09-2017, 01:09 PM
So by your logic Steph would have struggled back then

MA-R was a borderline all-star, that's not struggling.

Mikeanaro
06-09-2017, 01:12 PM
No

Game over right there
Exactly, Rodman was legit.

Spurtacular
06-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Kind of a no-brainer, but interesting to hear from the people that would know best, tbh..

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19551501/golden-state-warriors-favored-1995-96-chicago-bulls

Damn, your thread is retarded. Vegas didn't have Warriors as 8 point favorites; one guy did.