PDA

View Full Version : Lamarsha for Love. Would you do it??

hater
06-08-2017, 07:56 AM
Both players are not fitting well with their teams. Both have currently same talent level imo

Would love fare better in the Spurs?

Would Marsha fare better in Cle?

I think so. Do it Mitch

SpurOutofTownFan
06-08-2017, 08:19 AM
Love has (supposedly) the 3pt range and it's pretty much the same than LMA on the post. I don't think he's healthy however. Something has been bothering him.

Joseph Kony
06-08-2017, 08:19 AM
Hell no. Love is a softer white version of LMA

SpurOutofTownFan
06-08-2017, 08:21 AM
It will be interesting to see what the Cavs do if they end up losing. Do they blow it up? Will Lebron ask for heads? They have a shitty situation with salary room so they are pretty much as they are now unless they send one of the big 3 packing. Maybe there's something to get there for teams.

I would take LBJ though if he wanted to come to the Spurs - not sure how that's possible but I think with Kawhi it could become something that can face GS for the next 2-3 years.

szkorhetz
06-08-2017, 08:23 AM
Love will be traded for Melo.

DesignatedT
06-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Seeing Love's effort and hustle last night makes it a discussion. He made a lot of winning plays. Not sure LMA has that desire to win.

Big Empty
06-08-2017, 08:29 AM
What if LeBron demanded to be traded to the Spurs to play along side Kawhi? Its the only way the Warriors could be toppled. LeBron has to know that.

hater
06-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Love looks born to work with our shooting coach. He could develop a deadly shot imo

SpurOutofTownFan
06-08-2017, 08:33 AM
I still think the Spurs' most pressing matter is to fix point for the 2nd unit. It has been awful and that's something any winning Spurs team always had

Emperor
06-08-2017, 08:41 AM
What if LeBron demanded to be traded to the Spurs to play along side Kawhi? Its the only way the Warriors could be toppled. LeBron has to know that.

Gonna take a 3rd team to help make it happen. This is what I came up with.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybb9psay

Mal
06-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Both players are not fitting well with their teams. Both have currently same talent level imo

I think so. Do it Mitch

I would wait for summer of 2018, before doing anything that significant

TheGreatYacht
06-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Would never trade for a white American scrub

rasuo214
06-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Gonna take a 3rd team to help make it happen. This is what I came up with.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybb9psay

I wanted to trade LMA for Butler last off-season. No idea if the Bulls would have been interested and probably less likely now.

MultiTroll
06-08-2017, 10:04 AM
Lateral move.
Would make zero difference in playoff results.

MultiTroll
06-08-2017, 10:05 AM
I wanted to trade LMA for Butler last off-season. No idea if the Bulls would have been interested and probably less likely now.
Now we're talking.

$pursDynasty
06-08-2017, 10:25 AM
It will be interesting to see what the Cavs do if they end up losing. Do they blow it up? Will Lebron ask for heads? They have a shitty situation with salary room so they are pretty much as they are now unless they send one of the big 3 packing. Maybe there's something to get there for teams.

I would take LBJ though if he wanted to come to the Spurs - not sure how that's possible but I think with Kawhi it could become something that can face GS for the next 2-3 years.
Yeah LBJ forcing a trade himself to the Spurs for Pau, lol now that would be epic.

lebomb
06-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Now we're talking.

Who would become our post? Dedmon?

baseline bum
06-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Nope, Love has an extra year on his contract.

EIC
06-08-2017, 10:33 AM
1,000%

Love has a winning desire that LaMarsha has never known and never will know. Replacing Parker and LaMarsha with CP3 and Love would be a massive improvement. Swap Bradley for Green and that team can tun with GSW all day, IMO.

sananspursfan21
06-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Talent wise they're exactly the same but at least Love looks less complacent. He seems to respond well to criticism, soft or not

HarlemHeat37
06-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Love wouldn't get any of his looks without LeBron:lol he doesn't create his own shot anymore and obviously he's a poor defender..he's just a spot-up shooter who gets spoonfed by LeBron. .

People will want him because they love cheering for white Americans(nostalgia, etc), though..

hater
06-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Love wouldn't get any of his looks without LeBron:lol he doesn't create his own shot anymore and obviously he's a poor defender..he's just a spot-up shooter who gets spoonfed by LeBron. .

People will want him because they love cheering for white Americans(nostalgia, etc), though..

As opposed to cheering for mentally soft black bigmen? (Equal opportunity, etc)

HarlemHeat37
06-08-2017, 11:19 AM
As opposed to cheering for mentally soft black bigmen? (Equal opportunity, etc)

Nobody likes cheering for Aldridge :lol

TimDunkem
06-08-2017, 11:24 AM
I choose neither.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-08-2017, 11:52 AM
1,000%

Love has a winning desire that LaMarsha has never known and never will know. Replacing Parker and LaMarsha with CP3 and Love would be a massive improvement. Swap Bradley for Green and that team can tun with GSW all day, IMO.

Both of them I dont think it's possible - it would be agreeable to it though

Play Boban
06-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Love is a much better player than Aldridge, so of course I would, but the Cavs would be dumb to do it so it won't happen.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-08-2017, 12:04 PM
Love is worse in post up scoring, a much worse inside scorer and an infinitely worse defender.

He's a better rebounder and a better spot up shooter, but the Spurs are a very good rebounding team anyway and lack the playmaking to take advantage of his spot up shooting.

mo7888
06-08-2017, 03:18 PM

I think so. Do it Mitch

Yes. Love is younger and signed to a better long term contract. We give up some rim protection but gain offensive firepower.

tholdren
06-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Lateral move

Mnky
06-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Nope.

MultiTroll
06-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Who would become our post? Dedmon?
Yep.
Dedmon / Euro beanpole
Kawhi
Bertie
Butler
Murray

Bench
Simmons/GNob
Fathead *under orders to start shooting jumpers normally or be banned.

We'll make some more moves with the developed cap room. I have become the new GM as ownership has changed. Parker has been "encouraged" to retire. Pop will be traded.

phxspurfan
06-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Love has (supposedly) the 3pt range and it's pretty much the same than LMA on the post. I don't think he's healthy however. Something has been bothering him.

He hasn't been the same since Olynyk ripped his shoulder out

MultiTroll
06-08-2017, 04:40 PM
He hasn't been the same since Olynyk ripped his shoulder out
Speaking of which did you see bitch ass Draymond do a mini arm bar on Tristan Thompson last night?
As usual no foul, nothing today from league.

phxspurfan
06-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Need to get younger. Trade him for a bunch of young guys with promise

phxspurfan
06-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Speaking of which did you see bitch ass Draymond do a mini arm bar on Tristan Thompson last night?
As usual no foul, nothing today from league.

No but I did watch him shove RJ in front of the rim to grab a board. He's allowed to do a lot of dirty work down there thats for sure

MultiTroll
06-08-2017, 04:46 PM
No but I did watch him shove RJ in front of the rim to grab a board. He's allowed to do a lot of dirty work down there thats for sure
Even the game changing hack? of Love under the rim. The one where Lebron did the sweet assist and Love went up right under the rim and the ball shot straight up and bounced off the bottom of the rim and Golden Showers got it back. Love should have positioned better but it still looked like a chop job by Gaymond.

phxspurfan
06-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Even the game changing hack? of Love under the rim. The one where Lebron did the sweet assist and Love went up right under the rim and the ball shot straight up and bounced off the bottom of the rim and Golden Showers got it back. Love should have positioned better but it still looked like a chop job by Gaymond.

That one was close bc yes Love was out of position. I saw it like some contact but he wanted the call more than the basket

hater
06-08-2017, 05:39 PM

Tradefor One Direction?

GSH
06-08-2017, 06:35 PM

I really thought Kawhi and LMA were going to develop a killer high-low game by the end of the second year. They haven't - and you can't fault Kawhi, so there's only one place to look.

Kawhi IS the franchise, and you have to build a team around that. I don't hate LMA, but there's not a hell of a lot of chemistry/synergy between those two. I don't think the team has to move LMA because of age, but I do think that they have to put complementary pieces on the floor with Kawhi. Going with younger players means some time spend rebuilding. But I think it builds a better team in the long run.

So, yeah, I'd move him for the right package of younger players/picks.

cjw
06-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Those with a preference for Love must forget defense is half the game. LMA isn't a top defender but very much above average. Love, not so much so.

daslicer
06-08-2017, 06:58 PM

Draymond is the only player in the league that's allowed to do handchecking without it he would be a crappy defender.

phxspurfan
06-09-2017, 12:11 AM
I really thought Kawhi and LMA were going to develop a killer high-low game by the end of the second year. They haven't - and you can't fault Kawhi, so there's only one place to look.

Kawhi IS the franchise, and you have to build a team around that. I don't hate LMA, but there's not a hell of a lot of chemistry/synergy between those two. I don't think the team has to move LMA because of age, but I do think that they have to put complementary pieces on the floor with Kawhi. Going with younger players means some time spend rebuilding. But I think it builds a better team in the long run.

So, yeah, I'd move him for the right package of younger players/picks.

This FO and coaching staff is fully capable of blowing it up while still maintaining a great shot of making it to the WCF. Why not build a young core like the Celtics are doing and have fun with that. It's not like Kawhi is going to ring with LMA as the 2nd banana. We're in a position that the Thunder were in a couple years ago but with better management and coaching. Just trade, get a bunch of picks and good young players and have fun for 2 years while getting better.

phxspurfan
06-09-2017, 12:13 AM
Tradefor One Direction?

I'd say more like Future, Uzi Vert and Metro Boomin

John B
06-09-2017, 01:33 AM
Love >>> LMA. You could see the fight in him. He's just lost in the LeBron/Erving dominated offense, but will get his touches in the Spurs system. But Love will not get Spurs over the hump. So pass.

hater
06-23-2017, 08:32 AM
Glad Spurs office still reads my threads and trade scenarios

I still see this at a 4% probablity

Very lowp

$pursDynasty
06-23-2017, 08:34 AM
no, a worse version of what we already have.

baseline bum
06-23-2017, 09:16 AM
Now that Softridge wants out I'd say hell no, since it means Love has two more years than shitbird on his contract.

dbestpro
06-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Would never trade for a white American scrub

Would you trade for a black American scrub?

duncan2k5
06-23-2017, 11:37 AM
Hell yes...it was clear from body language LA didnt want to be here? Why cancer up the place for another year? LA numbers vs the warriors were worse with him being the first option than Love being the 3rd

DAF86
06-23-2017, 01:44 PM
Fuck Love, only player I think could be worst than Aldridge. LA is at least serviceable on D.

callo1
06-24-2017, 03:14 AM
No way in hell

cutewizard
06-24-2017, 06:51 AM
Bring it on.............

Chris Paul, Kawhi and Love are complementary.....

mo7888
06-24-2017, 08:35 AM
It wouldn't be my 1st choice but, if we knew Paul was coming I'd do it. There still has to be some thought given to acquiring a PF with length that can defend the rim to play next to him in some lineups. You can't play pau and love together in the playoffs so you have to address that now if you go that route.

Capt Bringdown
06-24-2017, 08:42 AM
Not optimal, but it's going to be a lost year if LMA is still on the roster. Spurs are in a bit of a pickle, since LMA is clearly damaged goods.

tholdren
06-24-2017, 09:33 AM
Not optimal, but it's going to be a lost year if LMA is still on the roster. Spurs are in a bit of a pickle, since LMA is clearly damaged goods.

Its the same player. A big that is unable to play big. Just go smaller.

NameLess Scrub
06-24-2017, 09:39 AM
Love would be great on offense since he can shoot and pass probably better than LMa. On defense it would be a concern though.

Not sure since I didn't watch the whole Finals, but was he being stopped by Klay Thompson? Yeah that wouldn't be cool.

CGD
06-24-2017, 09:58 AM
I would, if just for the possibility of rehabbing Loves value enough to flip him. LMA just seems toxic right now.