PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Kobe did this to you spurfan

DeadlyDynasty
06-08-2017, 11:04 AM
I know you're all in a dark place right now, on the verge of watching both your teams get swept--but ask yourself--how did it come to this? Why am I so emotionally invested in LeBron James? The simple answer is Kobe Bryant. Your small-market inferiority complex and deep-seated hatred of Kobe had you searching for a superstar to take the spotlight away from him. You knew Duncan wasn't a glamorous draw and no matter what he did the media wouldn't gravitate towards him.

Then came your savior. You used to be just dumb, campy mexican-american fans with ideals who bled silver and black. When Duncan couldn't give you the ammo you needed in your tens of thousands of Kobe threads you resorted to prostituting yourselves to Lebron and became what you hated. Now Lebron's a good guy and a great player who's fun to watch, but you've seen one triple-double you've seen them all. At the end of the day he has no lasting moment you'll remember him by, other than The Decision. You and your children will always remember what you were doing when you heard the news of Kobe's 81 points...it's the second most memorable moment of your lifetime after 9/11. Your kid was probably tugging at your leg begging you to get tickets to the next Laker game, and you obliged by working double duty on the roadside selling churros to make it happen. You say Laker fans bandwagon GSW but that's not it. We bandwagon your sorrow, following the blueprint you implemeted when you hopped on the Heat/Cavs bandwagon for vicarious glory. You drew the lines, not us.

Now you're stuck, fettered to 5-time losing depreciating asset. Just remember who did this to you.

Kobe

FkLA
06-08-2017, 11:34 AM
No.

TDMVPDPOY
06-08-2017, 11:40 AM
RENT FREE

StrengthAndHonor
06-08-2017, 11:43 AM
I know you're all in a dark place right now, on the verge of watching both your teams get swept--but ask yourself--how did it come to this? Why am I so emotionally invested in LeBron James? The simple answer is Kobe Bryant. Your small-market inferiority complex and deep-seated hatred of Kobe had you searching for a superstar to take the spotlight away from him. You knew Duncan wasn't a glamorous draw and no matter what he did the media wouldn't gravitate towards him.

Then came your savior. You used to be just dumb, campy mexican-american fans with ideals who bled silver and black. When Duncan couldn't give you the ammo you needed in your tens of thousands of Kobe threads you resorted to prostituting yourselves to Lebron and became what you hated. Now Lebron's a good guy and a great player who's fun to watch, but you've seen one triple-double you've seen them all. At the end of the day he has no lasting moment you'll remember him by, other than The Decision. You and your children will always remember what you were doing when you heard the news of Kobe's 81 points...it's the second most memorable moment of your lifetime after 9/11. Your kid was probably tugging at your leg begging you to get tickets to the next Laker game, and you obliged by working double duty on the roadside selling churros to make it happen. You say Laker fans bandwagon GSW but that's not it. We bandwagon your sorrow, following the blueprint you implemeted when you hopped on the Heat/Cavs bandwagon for vicarious glory. You drew the lines, not us.

Now you're stuck, fettered to 5-time losing depreciating asset. Just remember who did this to you.

Kobe

Balls deep man.

Kyle Orton
06-08-2017, 11:45 AM
lkrfans all over this as if LeBron didn't pass kobe years ago :lol

SpurOutofTownFan
06-08-2017, 11:49 AM

Kobe

mmm no.. you are way off. Look at my avatar - I used to make fun of LBJ. He's just simply the best player since MJ and I love my Spurs. I'm recognizing his greatness after so long - it wasn't always like that

As far as what you say about Kobe, it's your problem, not ours. I do laugh, however, at the fact that Kobe spent his entire career trying to be MJ, and LBJ never wanted anyone to compare him to MJ. The comparison is on us.

You are just one of the thousand Laker fans who are still preaching that Kobe is GOAT since MJ - you are still doing God's work even though Saint Kobe Christ has already departed the land of NBA

unleashbaynes
06-08-2017, 12:18 PM

Kobe

You need to let it go man.

ambchang
06-08-2017, 03:20 PM
I am not even sure where the logic is coming from on this one.

Basic argument is that Spurs fan are not able to justify Duncan > Kobe, and are trying to prop up Lebron and make him > Kobe in the process as some kind of coping mechanism.

The two main assumptions are:
1) Kobe > Duncan. Not only that, it is by so much that Spurs fans can't even reasonable argue the other way.
2) Kobe > Lebron, but it's arguable if Lebron wins a 4th championship.

I mean, where has OP been? Have you been hiding under Kobe's jockstrap for the last 7 years? Duncan > Kobe by pretty much every metric out there, and even popular votes have Duncan over Kobe despite the huge marketing advantage Kobe has on a gigantic market (look at the top 10 list, how many small market players are there?)

And Lebron has been better than Kobe legacy-wise since about 2010, even before he rang. It's not even an argument after 2012, never mind 13 and last year. From metrics to accomplishment, it's comparing Lebron to MJ. Kobe is clearly in the next couple of tiers (depends how you define a tier).

Spurs fans aren't salty because Kobe beat the Spurs. Because Kobe didn't, it was Shaq, and Spurs fans aren't bitter towards Shaq. Spurs fans rip Kobe, like all non-Kobestans rip Kobe because he is massively overrated. Him being ranked 12th all time is actually overrating him a lot, and he was essentially a beneficiary of circumstances. His metrics are not all-time great level (Even Dirk and Garnett are better), and the only thing that he has going for him are # of championships (where he is the clear #2 on 3 of them, and metrics-wise 1a/b in the other two), and longevity/scoring (but would you say Malone is a top 10 player of all time)? Kobe is a top 30-35 level player, at best if he was in anywhere other than the Lakers. You put any of the top 10 player of all time in any other circumstance, and they would still be a clear top 15 player of all time.

At the end, I am appreciative of Lebron because of his immense talent. I hated some of the things he did (the decision, hanging Miami to dry, GMing the Cavs), but he is a transcendent talent.

Chris
06-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Lakerfan coming out of the woodworks lately :lol

spurraider21
06-08-2017, 03:42 PM
lakerfan posting on a spurs forum accuses spurfan of being obsessed with lakers

:lol also a fan who admits to being a fair weather fan

LkrFan
06-08-2017, 04:06 PM
lkrfans all over this as if LeBron didn't pass kobe years ago :lol

Even with not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 Finals losses? ;)

whitemamba
06-08-2017, 04:07 PM

Kobe

:lol damn

Kyle Orton
06-08-2017, 04:11 PM
Aids is better than kobe with 4 finals losses tbqh

LkrFan
06-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Aids is better than kobe with 4 finals losses tbqh

:lol - LeHype is lucky to have those 3 wins. He beat the baby Thunder then was bailed out by Battier and Ray Allen in consecutive years. Now he's getting his shit pushed in by KD :lol

All NBA 1st team defender getting his shit pushed in by KD. Want more proof? See my sig :lol

Kyle Orton
06-08-2017, 04:33 PM
imagine how bad it'd be if kobe was in lebrowns place right now :lol

Clipper Nation
06-08-2017, 04:37 PM
At the end of the day he has no lasting moment you'll remember him by, other than The Decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zd62MxKXp8

unleashbaynes
06-08-2017, 04:38 PM

Yeah, that's a pretty stupid statement considering last year happened.

LkrFan
06-08-2017, 04:41 PM

Where was that block on that dagger KD 3? He was a TOSB on det play because his long lasting HGH wore off :lol

Clipper Nation
06-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Yeah, that's a pretty stupid statement considering last year happened.
I'm sure one of the LakersNorth fans will try to deflect by bringing up Kyrie's shot, as if that has anything to do with whether or not LeBron has memorable moments.

Clipper Nation
06-08-2017, 04:42 PM
:lol I'm sure Spurfan still has this moment seared into their memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9C7FUAP9HA

DMC
06-08-2017, 04:51 PM

Jerry West lost 9 Finals yet he's the NBA logo and your hero.

DMC
06-08-2017, 04:52 PM
:lol - LeHype is lucky to have those 3 wins. He beat the baby Thunder then was bailed out by Battier and Ray Allen in consecutive years. Now he's getting his shit pushed in by KD :lol

All NBA 1st team defender getting his shit pushed in by KD. Want more proof? See my sig :lol

I know you're a vacuum salesman bro but stop whoring out your sig. People see it, OK? You made a sig, OK? little guy??? hahahhhahaha... twerp

LkrFan
06-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Jerry West lost 9 Finals yet he's the NBA logo and your hero.

Yes, a Laker is on every team's logo. Yes, he lost 9 times. No, he's not my hero.

DMC
06-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Yes, a Laker is on every team's logo. Yes, he lost 9 times. No, he's not my hero.
bullshit

LkrFan
06-08-2017, 04:56 PM
I know you're a vacuum salesman bro but stop whoring out your sig. People see it, OK? You made a sig, OK? little guy??? hahahhhahaha... twerp

Avante, is that you? :lol

LkrFan
06-08-2017, 04:57 PM
bullshit

Magic is my favorite player all time. Real talk.

Clipper Nation
06-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Magic is my favorite player all time. Real talk.
Magic has four Finals losses. Real talk.

DMC
06-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Avant, is that you? :lol

Now with the whimper wah wah.. look little mexican guy, I appreciate you're heritage I really do, but how fast could the fastest mexican run? Excatly!!!! hahahahaha.. nothing like

skillet jones
ruford rastas johnson
DeShasha Carter
Lemon Pepper Monroe

Not even close

~~~~~~

LkrFan
06-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Magic has four Finals losses. Real talk.

Yep yep. Got me there :tu

LkrFan
06-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Now with the whimper wah wah.. look little mexican guy, I appreciate you're heritage I really do, but how fast could the fastest mexican run? Excatly!!!! hahahahaha.. nothing like

skillet jones
ruford rastas johnson
DeShasha Carter
Lemon Pepper Monroe

Not even close

~~~~~~

:lol

Joseph Kony
06-08-2017, 05:02 PM
wat

Mitch
06-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Spurfan does have an inferiority complex from being a franchise that probably bundles its tickets in with a whataburger number 4 combo. They're proud of losing as long as it's "classy", like at the Alamo when Jorge's ( LkrFan ) kin were skull fucking the defenders.

They think they'll pull in huge names in free agency like Westbrook, Davis, etc and had a massive jizz storm over Gasoft & Aldridge :lol

whitemamba
06-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Spurfan does have an inferiority complex from being a franchise that probably bundles its tickets in with a whataburger number 4 combo. They're proud of losing as long as it's "classy", like at the Alamo when Jorge's ( LkrFan (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18824) ) kin were skull fucking the defenders.

They think they'll pull in huge names in free agency like Westbrook, Davis, etc and had a massive jizz storm over Gasoft & Aldridge :lol

I have said it once before , it's over for the spurs , they ain't ringing this decade , and poop is getting old , LaSoftus is as athletic as DMC and I would be shocked if kawhi stays after his current contract. The reign of regular season success is finished; and no one is going to want to play there. They might as well sell the spurs and give Seattle a team

daslicer
06-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Very bizarre and weird thread by the OP. Tbh I do miss Kobe since he was a lot easier to guard than Curry or Durant. With Kobe you could always count on him to shoot his team out of a game or destroy team chemistry and in some cases doing both. Put Kobe in Curry or Durant's place and the Warriors become very beatable.

:lmao Also that's how I feel about the supposed inferior complex that as a spurs fan I'm suppose to feel. I definitely don't feel like that when it comes to the Lakers. To feel inferior would imply that the other side is producing a much better product and let's be real the Lakers have produced a vastly inferior product compared to the spurs since 2011. After 2011 the Lakers have had the inferior players, coach, GM, owner, and the way things are going It doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon.

Venti Quattro
06-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Beautiful :lol :lol

ECOV
06-08-2017, 06:56 PM
:wakeup

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2017, 04:39 AM
:lol I'm sure Spurfan still has this moment seared into their memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9C7FUAP9HA
The immortal memory of that finals is Ray Allen's shot because everyone knew at that moment the spurs lost the series

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2017, 04:42 AM
Have you been hiding under Kobe's jockstrap
You would know, after all you have more Kobe-related posts than Spurs ones:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2017, 04:45 AM
lakerfan posting on a spurs forum accuses spurfan of being obsessed with lakers

:lol also a fan who admits to being a fair weather fan
Says the guy who makes a name for himself playing the middle. You know where you end up when you do that? In limbo, which your career is currently in.
:lmao@ thinking you're going to eke out a living in an oversaturated market filled with the most bloodthirsty jews on the planet. Better open up a practice in Fargo I saiddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddd

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2017, 04:47 AM
mmm no.. you are way off. Look at my avatar - I used to make fun of LBJ. He's just simply the best player since MJ and I love my Spurs. I'm recognizing his greatness after so long - it wasn't always like that

As far as what you say about Kobe, it's your problem, not ours. I do laugh, however, at the fact that Kobe spent his entire career trying to be MJ, and LBJ never wanted anyone to compare him to MJ. The comparison is on us.

You are just one of the thousand Laker fans who are still preaching that Kobe is GOAT since MJ - you are still doing God's work even though Saint Kobe Christ has already departed the land of NBA
cute post...you must be from upstairs:lol

spurraider21
06-09-2017, 05:03 AM
Says the guy who makes a name for himself playing the middle. You know where you end up when you do that? In limbo, which your career is currently in.
:lmao@ thinking you're going to eke out a living in an oversaturated market filled with the most bloodthirsty jews on the planet. Better open up a practice in Fargo I saiddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddd
nice attempted deflection (not in limbo tho, moving along just fine. just graduated and taking the first available bar, couldn't be moving along faster if i wanted to :tu)

just realize that when you read this post, it just means that you, a laker fan, yet again returned to a spurs forum in an effort to claim spurs fans are obsessed with the lakers :lol

ambchang
06-09-2017, 05:58 AM
You would know, after all you have more Kobe-related posts than Spurs ones:lmao
Did you do a count? Mr laker fan posting on a Spurs forum.

Silver&Black
06-09-2017, 06:27 AM
Just think Laker Fan. Every time you look at the Western Conference Standings, and see your awful ass team at the very bottom. Just remember.....Kobe did this to you.

http://images.kpopstarz.com/data/images/full/123899/kobe-contract-signing-pic.jpg?w=600

SpurOutofTownFan
06-09-2017, 07:17 AM
Just think Laker Fan. Every time you look at the Western Conference Standings, and see your awful ass team at the very bottom. Just remember.....Kobe did this to you.

http://images.kpopstarz.com/data/images/full/123899/kobe-contract-signing-pic.jpg?w=600

If we compare what Kobe left vs what Duncan left there isn't a fair comparison

DMC
06-09-2017, 09:15 AM
This thread would have more power if the Lakers weren't perennial bottom dwellers. This is the kind of shit you say when you're winning, not when you're trying to draft Lonzo fucking Ball.

Thread
06-09-2017, 10:04 AM
Kobe: 5

James: 3

Mitch
06-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Kobe: 5

James: 3

Duncan: 2nd 5th

Thread
06-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Duncan: 2nd 5th

Yep, because he let a woman get the drop the on him. A white woman no less. Now he's sittin' there in retirement, dick in his hand. Probably not even his own dick.

Mitch
06-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Yep, because he let a woman get the drop the on him. A white woman no less. Now he's sittin' there in retirement, dick in his hand. Probably not even his own dick.

:lol

DMC
06-09-2017, 12:05 PM

You still got it!

ulosturedge
06-09-2017, 12:23 PM
lol Lakerfan trying to stay relevant even though their team has been lottery bound 5+ years now. And somehow Lakerfan thinks we are concerned about Kobe's Legacy as it compares to Lebron's. That's yall's problem not ours. Duncan won his rings as the definitive number #1. Kobe will always be in the shadow of Shaq. When you think of those Lakers Championships you think about Shaq's dominance. We moved on though, Kobe and Duncan are retired yet poor Lakerfan only has his dear Kobe memories to cling to.

Only reason any Spurfan would be rooting for Lebron is cause we are pissed that Zaza's cheating ass bailed out the Warriors and the Spurs didn't get a real shot in the series. Everyone saw the Spurs owning the Warriors up until that point. Like I said though we've moved on and the Spurs still have a future with Kawhi. Your Lakers on the other hand aren't even worth talking about. We had good laughs watching that trainwreck of a team on the Kobe retirement tour, but now it's just sad.

You would have thought the Lakers being in LaLa Land would have bounced back quickly. Guess times have changed. Poor Lakerfan :cry