PDA

View Full Version : Most Improved Team?

sandman
10-14-2005, 10:31 PM
OK, making first post and would like some feedback on most improved teams this year. IMO, the signings that the Spurs had this off-season did not so much as make them a majorly improved team as much as it solidified their position as most-favored to repeat.

But did teams such as Milwaukee improve that much through the draft and free agents? What about the Cavs and their foray into the FA market? Rockets seem to have done well with draft, FA market and a decent trade.

Which new team this year will The Big Redhead and SAS both shamelessly pimp?

Solid D
10-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Which new team this year will The Big Redhead and SAS both shamelessly pimp?

Miami, particularly by Stephen A. Smith.

In reality, other teams improving and in the running for most improved team would be San Antonio, Houston, Indiana, Cleveland and Denver with Watson. I'm not convinced SAC improved that much but we'll see.

sandman
10-14-2005, 10:46 PM
I think that the Nugs getting li'l Earl was a great pickup, but they are still flying under the radar as a real threat. The Cavs have so much expectation with the new players, and for King James to get them past Game 82. Houston did good with the Swift signing and Heard in the draft. Not sure how trading for Alston will work out, with them hoping that Mitchell was the crux of all of his issues.

I see Denver and Houston as the two teams built to give the Spurs trouble this year. Seattle, Dallas and Pheonix all seem to play the same game and either did nothing or took a step back in addressing their lack of matchup to the champs.

Brutalis
10-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Indiana hasnt changed much but Artest is tearing it up. And his defense could soon be Bowen like if he shuts his mouth. Denver is trying to overcome the newness with the things they have put together the last few years while Houston now has a chance to make or break with the talk thats going around.

Pistons < Spurs
10-15-2005, 12:24 AM
Detroit.

For the simple reason that LB is gone. We now will have a complete second unit. All last year, the Pistons played 7 deep in the rotation. Dice and Hunter were the only players we ever had come off the bench. This year, we will easily run 9 to 10 deep.

With Flip at the helm the offense will no longer be so predictible. No more 12 minute scoring droughts.

Watch out NBA.

Sense
10-15-2005, 03:45 AM
Detroit.

For the simple reason that LB is gone. We now will have a complete second unit. All last year, the Pistons played 7 deep in the rotation. Dice and Hunter were the only players we ever had come off the bench. This year, we will easily run 9 to 10 deep.

With Flip at the helm the offense will no longer be so predictible. No more 12 minute scoring droughts.

Watch out NBA.

:lmao

SLOVENIAN 8
10-15-2005, 05:22 AM
Indiana

Solid D
10-15-2005, 05:30 AM
I don't think switching coaches makes them better. Larry had his negatives, including wearing on his players with persistent instructions, but his teams play great defensively. Saunders has to implement his system and get his players to buy-in and play together. Maxiell looks like a great addition and Evans is okay but I cannot say they are Most Improved Team based on these moves alone. No way.

Detroit can win and get to the finals again, but it won't be easy.

ShoogarBear
10-15-2005, 09:18 AM
With Flip at the helm a first-round playoff exit is all but guaranteed.

Fixed that for you.

Arragontigo
10-15-2005, 09:20 AM
The most improved team this offseason was the damn Cavaliers.....not only did they pick up ex spurs assistant coach Mike Brown, but they picked up Danny Ferry as their GM....and then they picked up Donyell Marshall, Damn Jones, Larry Hughes, and they still have fucking Lebron, they are going to be fun to watch, but i think the most improved team at the end of the season with a better record than last year will be GS Warriors

ObiwanGinobili
10-15-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm gonna have to go with indiana and the cavs.

how 'bout most screwed-by-the-offseason team???

1Parker1
10-15-2005, 10:35 AM
^^Suns, most screwed by the off-season.

fonzy16
10-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Indiana

yep i would agree with you - getting Sarunas to play for them was a steal and if you count Artest's comeback... I predict Sarunas is going to be their starting PG and rookie of the year.

sandman
10-15-2005, 08:00 PM
^^Suns, most screwed by the off-season.

Agreed. What about Seattle? Ray-Ray got his money, but lost his coach and a few members of his supporting cast.

Rummpd
10-15-2005, 08:27 PM
No love for the Knicks?

they had a roster that stunk and now at least they have potential.

Despot
10-15-2005, 10:58 PM
This could be a good vbookie, choose the top two cellar dwellars in each division from last year, out of those, the team with the greatest improvement in wins, wins the bet.