PDA

View Full Version : And with the 15th pick of the NBA re-draft the Denver Nuggets select Dejounte Murray

LongtimeSpursFan
06-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Came across an article on a website that took a look at how the 2016 draft turned out. Looks like it turned out to be a weak draft. However a comment that caught my eye is calling Murray the PG with most potential to come let of that draft. Website now has him being selected by Nuggets at 15th pick:

Murray was seen as a steal when the Spurs grabbed him with the 29th overall pick in the 2016 draft, and he proved to be just that during an impressive postseason run after Tony Parker went down with an injury. His length, craftiness, and youth make him a more intriguing prospect than Kris Dunn and other point guards.

raybies
06-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Have no idea how he fell to us. Another potential lottery pick with a late pick. Although it is little too soon for an article like this imo

illusioNtEk
06-09-2017, 01:28 PM
This years draft is the best in such a long time.... maybe luck will be on our side again

Get them Rookie cards ready tbh

cd021
06-09-2017, 01:54 PM
I think SI did a redraft of 2011 recently and had Kawhi as the #1 pick in a loaded draft. Spurs have a knack of finding talent:flag:

cd98
06-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Fortunately the author missed the game where Murray struggled to get the ball past half court against Houston D.

Ditty
06-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Who ever has been scouting these american guys have been doing a good job lately.

George Hill, Kawhi Leonard, Kyle Anderson (He's getting there), & Dejounte Murray

Only bust was James Anderson, but he was pretty impressive before his foot injury.

Only guys that I have seen in this year draft that are pretty good are Hield, Maker, Sabonis, Valentine, Brogdon, McCaw & Murray. Simmons is going to be really good.

It could be another steal in a position that we need for many years to come.

LongtimeSpursFan
06-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Who ever has been scouting these american guys have been doing a good job lately.

George Hill, Kawhi Leonard, Kyle Anderson (He's getting there), & Dejounte Murray

Only bust was James Anderson, but he was pretty impressive before his foot injury.

Only guys that I have seen in this year draft that are pretty good are Hield, Maker, Sabonis, Valentine, Brogdon, McCaw & Murray. Simmons is going to be really good.

That's a good core for a solid starting five...just missing the center position.

phxspurfan
06-09-2017, 03:02 PM

Yeah I'm impressed with McCaw. I wish we could have traded for that pick or something, considering he was a second rounder I think

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2017, 03:04 PM
Fathead :lol

TimDunkem
06-09-2017, 03:29 PM
Fathead was a whiffed pick and we all know that deep down.

DAF86
06-09-2017, 03:33 PM
I think SI did a redraft of 2011 recently and had Kawhi as the #1 pick in a loaded draft. Spurs have a knack of finding talent:flag:

If you look at the 99 draft, it's probable that Manu comes at first too, tbh.

Snaq O'Meal
06-09-2017, 05:39 PM
Yeah I'm impressed with McCaw. I wish we could have traded for that pick or something, considering he was a second rounder I think

Golden State wanted to win more, while RC was content to dumpster-dive. So the Warriors paid cash to buy the 38th pick for drafting McCaw, while the Spurs picked up undrafted and unwanted Ryan Archiesomething.

cjw
06-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Golden State wanted to win more, while RC was content to dumpster-dive. So the Warriors paid cash to buy the 38th pick for drafting McCaw, while the Spurs picked up undrafted and unwanted Ryan Archiesomething.

The cash from the McCaw deal ($2.4 million) could have been had if the Spurs had dropped game six against Houston or Memphis and had an extra home game, or had Zaza not happened and the Spurs pushed GS to six.

It's that inconsequential. But at least we're not the Thunder picking a guy in the first round because he promises to sign for less when Durant is a few years away from leaving.

GSH
06-09-2017, 06:39 PM

If the Spurs believe that they are really that good at spotting talent, any time a pick 40 or above is available for cash, they should jump on it. It puzzles the shit out of me that they haven't. Maybe the other teams don't want to give the Spurs any advantage, and don't offer.

CGD
06-09-2017, 07:53 PM
This recent re-draft of 2014 has Kyle at 17, which I think is fair. http://www.thesportster.com/basketball/re-drafting-the-first-round-of-the-2014-nba-draft/

Still shake my head about Jokic.

Too early to redraft last year's draft. Need to wait a few more years.

Down Under
06-10-2017, 01:33 AM
Bleacher had Murray at 12 in mock and most others had him inside 20. As flawed as he is at this point, he's got the tools (and seems to have work ethic & desire) to be a great player.

Down Under
06-10-2017, 01:41 AM
I was reading something comparing Dante Exum to Murray but could never understand how Exum was rated at all. He was drafted from high school down here (which is pretty ordinary competition as you could imagine) and never played professionally from a young age like players in Europe.

Play Boban
06-10-2017, 01:44 AM
If they did a redraft of 1999, Manu would he pick #1, not #57 tbh. :cry

Ice009
06-10-2017, 02:55 AM

I thought Buddy Hield had a poor rookie year? What do you think about the Kings owner thinking that he has Stephen Curry like potential?

TheDoctor
06-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Fathead :lol

B...B...But Jokić was overweight LOOOL :rollin