PDA

View Full Version : 2018 NBA FREE AGENTS: Bleacher Report Article

Big Empty
06-09-2017, 03:41 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2714417-2018-nba-free-agents-who-will-shape-summer-of-2017

Damn, Lets just keep this team and add a minor piece or two. 2018 free agency will be loaded with true max players.

*Westbrook (assuming he doesn't sign an extension)
*LeBron
*Durant
*George
*Cousins

Robz4000
06-09-2017, 03:43 PM
The top three aren't going anywhere, PG is LA bound, and Pop would never sign Cousins.

TimDunkem
06-09-2017, 03:46 PM
The top three aren't going anywhere, PG is LA bound, and Pop would never sign Cousins.

LittleCriminal
06-09-2017, 03:49 PM
Article should be titled:
Nba Summer of 2018
29 Team Pipe Dreams.

Joseph Kony
06-09-2017, 03:50 PM
People keep saying we should be saving for 2018 but c'mon, Boogie is never coming to SA, PG would never play here and is likely going to LA, and Westbrook is likely staying in OKC. The only player who may say fuck it and changes teams to beat GS is Lebron, considering Cavs are in cap hell and it doesnt seem like there are any realistic moves they can make to leapfrog GS.

Joseph Kony
06-09-2017, 03:51 PM
besides, iirc don't the spurs only have Leonard + Murray signed thru 2018? even if we added CP3 this summer, wouldn't we still have money to chase another big FA in 2018?

Ron Swanson
06-09-2017, 03:56 PM

Big Empty
06-09-2017, 03:56 PM
besides, iirc don't the spurs only have Leonard + Murray signed thru 2018? even if we added CP3 this summer, wouldn't we still have money to chase another big FA in 2018?

Assuming La Marcus and Danny exercise their player option we would be at 52m in committed salaries. This is assuming no Patty or Simmons on the team. Currenty the Spurs payroll is at 112 million per hoopshype.

DMC
06-09-2017, 03:57 PM
I think Paul George would play here. He will play where he thinks he can get to the Finals and Golden State cannot afford him. But I see him staying in the East and joining Lebron or going to Miami.

LittleCriminal
06-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Ive actually seen some media figures stating Lebron to the Spurs 2018...
Im not saying it will happen though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwceHdSbzIg

LittleCriminal
06-09-2017, 04:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPNtz8QJmxw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2hOSn-FiMs

SURGE
06-09-2017, 04:55 PM
I think a good pickup before LeBron comes next year Michael Beasley we should have signed him last offseason

GSH
06-09-2017, 06:40 PM

I can stop reading there. That about sums it up.

cutewizard
06-11-2017, 12:05 AM
Is MJ still available?

How about Kobe? lol

BackHome
06-11-2017, 06:15 PM
Man he throws some truth bombs but man the media would go ape shit if that happened...:)

Hoops Czar
06-11-2017, 08:30 PM

What makes you think Westbrook isn't going anywhere? He has a better chance of going somewhere than CP3 does coming to SA.

Robz4000
06-11-2017, 08:37 PM
What makes you think Westbrook isn't going anywhere? He has a better chance of going somewhere than CP3 does coming to SA.

$200mil and being the bonafide #1 option. I also think OKC lands Griffin and reemerges as a credible playoff team and Top 4/5 team in the West.

LkrFan
06-11-2017, 08:39 PM

I bet Pop would. He hasn't played for a coach he respected. I bet he would respect Pop though....but then again, I hope he never signs with Spurs. :D

LkrFan
06-11-2017, 08:40 PM
I think Paul George would play here. He will play where he thinks he can get to the Finals and Golden State cannot afford him. But I see him staying in the East and joining Lebron or going to Miami.
:lol

Robz4000
06-11-2017, 08:49 PM
I bet Pop would. He hasn't played for a coach he respected. I bet he would respect Pop though....but then again, I hope he never signs with Spurs. :D

I would want him to sign looking at his talent-level and the team's need for a multifaceted big that isn't a liability on D, but his time in SAC and NOP's poor record after his trade there gives me pause. As for Pop, I just don't think he sees it as worth the risk when the Spurs already have LMA to worry about on top of poor guard talent.

LkrFan
06-11-2017, 09:23 PM
I would want him to sign looking at his talent-level and the team's need for a multifaceted big that isn't a liability on D, but his time in SAC and NOP's poor record after his trade there gives me pause. As for Pop, I just don't think he sees it as worth the risk when the Spurs already have LMA to worry about on top of poor guard talent.

Disagree son. Look at "MVPAU's" Memphis playoff record of 0-12 as the Alpha. The minute he was "traded" to LA we became instant contenders while winning the West 3 consecutive years.

Pop would be an idiot to not even consider bringing the best big man in the game to SATX. Boogie/LMA/Leonard would be the best frontline in the game, bar none.

But yeah, I hope doesn't go to the Spurs. I'm holding out hope that he considers the Lakers. You know how we do with dominant bigs. ;)

Ice009
06-11-2017, 11:04 PM
DeMarcus Cousins is the guy I want. He's a true big that will punish small ball. He usually has big games against the Warriors. He's one of the only guys in the NBA that can still dominate small ball teams down low (he plays like a dominant big man should against small ball teams). If he was on the Spurs during these playoffs and Kawhi went down like he did, I'm pretty sure he would have averaged 30+ against the Warriors. We may not have won, but he would have dominated them like LaMarcus and Pau were supposed to do with tall ball.

I wanted him last trade deadline, but I didn't think he was going to be traded until after it happened. I didn't think the Kings were serious about it.

Snaq O'Meal
06-11-2017, 11:15 PM
Disagree son. Look at "MVPAU's" Memphis playoff record of 0-12 as the Alpha. The minute he was "traded" to LA we became instant contenders while winning the West 3 consecutive years.

Pop would be an idiot to not even consider bringing the best big man in the game to SATX. Boogie/LMA/Leonard would be the best frontline in the game, bar none.

But yeah, I hope doesn't go to the Spurs. I'm holding out hope that he considers the Lakers. You know how we do with dominant bigs. ;)

You don't have to worry about Boogie on the Spurs. How many big men not named Duncan have truly thrived under Poop? Besides, Poop can't manage strong personalities. He's no Phil Jackson.

BatManu20
06-12-2017, 12:25 PM

BackHome
06-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Umm didn't we sign Dennis Rodman?? Just saying ...........

SPURt
06-12-2017, 06:47 PM
Umm didn't we sign Dennis Rodman?? Just saying ...........
Traded for him

BackHome
06-12-2017, 08:22 PM
Yeah but Pop had to sign off that trade so if he can handle a guy with gender/multiple personality disorder he can handle a simple anger management player..lol

snickles
06-13-2017, 08:26 AM
Yeah but Pop had to sign off that trade so if he can handle a guy with gender/multiple personality disorder he can handle a simple anger management player..lol

pop was an assistant with the warriors when that trade went down IIRC.

RD2191
06-13-2017, 08:39 AM

:lmao

Mnky
06-13-2017, 01:52 PM
LeBron ia definitely bouncing. Spurs will be in prime position with kawhi being a huge draw. Cousins and LeBron are both possibilities, since they both openly praise spurs and kawhi. Cousins and pop would get along fine. No coach did any good in that horrible Sacramento job tbh.

Westbrook is a wild card. Depends on if he wants to win tbh. Just like the others. Kawhi will be a huge bargaining chip. He's easily top 2 Right now if he doesn't regress. Plus texas tax free living and the greatest coac in basketball...

Spurfan doesn't know how good they have it tbh. Im pretty sure outside of the warriors, every franchise would want to be where the spurs will be, going into 2018 free agency.