PDA

View Full Version : GOP Plans to Frame 2018 Elections as a Referendum against the Media Read more at: ht

baseline bum
06-10-2017, 01:27 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/448500/gop-frames-2018-elections-referendum-against-media

GOP Plans to Frame 2018 Elections as a Referendum against the Media

by TIANA LOWE June 9, 2017 2:35 PM

The days of fighting for principles or even pragmatism have passed, evidently, and without Crooked Hillary™ to fight against, it looks like Republican party strategists plan on framing the 2018 midterm elections as a referendum against the media, according to a recent McClatchy report.

While Never Trump and Bernie loyalists alike were blasted for withholding support for their parties’ respective nominees in the general presidential election, this devolution of elections into “referendums against” rather than a case for the most qualified or principled option represents the exact lesser-of-two-evils culture that both coalitions tried to reject.

But a look at the polls reveals what makes the anti-media crusade so palatable. Poll after poll reveals that the Fourth Estate is less trusted than the Trump administration. In late April, Morning Consult found that a little more than a third of Americans believe what’s coming out of the White House, but only 29 percent trust the media over the Trump administration. A Harvard-Harris Poll the following month found that a strong majority of Americans across the political spectrum believe that the mainstream media regularly propagates fake news.

We see this distrust play out daily. Despite facing criminal charges and bipartisan condemnation for violently assaulting Guardian reporter Ben Jacobs, Republican Greg Gianforte won Montana’s special congressional election just one day after the release of an audio tape of the assault. On Sunday, “CNN Is ISIS” began trending on Twitter. Earlier this week, CNN was accused of staging a Muslims-against-ISIS protest in London. (CNN’s Brian Stelter refuted this allegation on Twitter, claiming “Police allowed demonstrators thru cordon ‘so they could show their signs’ to media”).

So with a Republican House and Senate that’s been slow to get anything done and an executive branch unable to send a unified message to the American public, the GOP will choose running against the media rather than running for something.

Heavy handed? Maybe. Dangerous to future generations of honest media that will want to serve as a check on the government? Probably. Effective? 100 percent.

SnakeBoy
06-10-2017, 01:31 PM
Dangerous to future generations of honest media that will want to serve as a check on the government? Probably.

lol

baseline bum
06-10-2017, 01:32 PM
lol

Are you happy the GOP has now formed themselves into the Party of Trump? That Trump's hostile takeover of the party is succeeding?

Thread
06-10-2017, 01:33 PM
God's speed.

spurraider21
lol
2nd amendment? MURICA!
1st amendment? lol

Thread
Are you happy the GOP has now formed themselves into the Party of Trump? That Trump's hostile takeover of the party is succeeding?

I won't speak for Snake, but, I'm tickled pink. I've been waiting for this since Nixon.

baseline bum
06-10-2017, 01:34 PM
LOL the GOP doubling down on Trump's enemy of the people rhetoric.

boutons_deux
06-10-2017, 01:45 PM
Autocrats and their henchmen always attack, de-legitimize, if not shutdown the media, posing themselves as the sole source of truth.

Repugs don't give a fuck about USA or democracy, because their supreme value is getting money and power from BigCorp and billionaires.

Once you get money- and power-hungry huckster/scammer/fraudulent "pastors" getting 10Ms of Americans to "believe" the Bible as the the inerrant, unchallenge-able, literal truth of history and cosmology, then the country is pretty much fucked and unfuckable.

The American Experiment has failed, GAMEOVER.

boutons_deux
06-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Here ya go, Christian Taliban, Repugs, right-wing hate media have created totally FALSE target for their fucking idiots to hate

Anti-Sharia demonstrators hold rallies in cities across the country

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/anti-sharia-marches-planned-for-numerous-cities-across-the-country-saturday/2017/06/10/40faf61e-4d6f-11e7-a186-60c031eab644_story.html?utm_term=.8ae66513197c&wpisrc=nl_most-draw7&wpmm=1

DarrinS
06-10-2017, 02:26 PM
I think the media has a serious credibility problem. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

baseline bum
06-10-2017, 02:32 PM
I think the media has a serious credibility problem. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Are you happy to see the GOP has become the Party of Trump? The party that never wanted Trump is now fully embracing Trump+Bannon?

DarrinS
06-10-2017, 02:36 PM

Oops

DarrinS
06-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Are you happy to see the GOP has become the Party of Trump? The party that never wanted Trump is now fully embracing Trump+Bannon?

Beats being the party of McCain and Romney, I suppose. Those guys lost.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-10-2017, 02:41 PM

Oops

The two notions are not mutually exclusive. Do you need me to explain how? I will give a hint: it's a temporal issue.

baseline bum
06-10-2017, 02:43 PM

So only winning matters? Now Bannon is trying to use Trump to turn the GOP into the Party of Andrew Jackson, the guy who personifies all the horrible things about the 1800s Democratic party that the GOP always points to while calling themselves the Party of Lincoln.

Adam Lambert
06-10-2017, 02:44 PM

lol you would literally cuck your way into being a nazi if it came to that, you fucking whore

DarrinS
06-10-2017, 02:45 PM
So only winning matters? Now Bannon is trying to use Trump to turn the GOP into the Party of Andrew Jackson, the guy who personifies all the horrible things about the 1800s Democratic party that the GOP always points to while calling themselves the Party of Lincoln.

And he hates the Jooos

DarrinS
06-10-2017, 02:46 PM
lol you would literally cuck your way into being a nazi if it came to that, you fucking whore

Smash the fash! Resist!

baseline bum
06-10-2017, 02:46 PM
And he hates the Jooos

What do you disagree with?

DarrinS
06-10-2017, 02:47 PM
What do you disagree with?

Who is the REAL president? Bannon or Putin?

baseline bum
06-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Who is the REAL president? Bannon or Putin?

Why all the sarcasm? Why can't you ever answer a question?

DarrinS
06-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Why all the sarcasm? Why can't you ever answer a question?

I don't agree with your characterization of Bannon.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-10-2017, 02:57 PM
I don't agree with your characterization of Bannon.

:lol you suck at articulating. You cannot even express yourself much less interpret the work of others.

Pavlov
06-10-2017, 03:13 PM
Is OK. Darrin not even like Trump.
http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/w/wink/graphics-wink-788472.gif

DarrinS
06-10-2017, 03:30 PM
:lol you suck at articulating. You cannot even express yourself much less interpret the work of others.

:depressed

baseline bum
06-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Is OK. Darrin not even like Trump.
http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/w/wink/graphics-wink-788472.gif

It's funny, if Clinton was president the only people here who'd be semen shielding for her would be Reck and maybe RandomGuy. But now every republican here is ducks when it comes to defending every thing about Trump.

Thread
06-10-2017, 04:28 PM

DS

Reck
06-10-2017, 09:31 PM
The fact they're doing this is a clear cut sign they have no idea what to do about Trump.

Instead of standing up to Trump they're crying about the media. :lol snowflake faggots.

ducks
06-10-2017, 10:52 PM
You think you know every thing don't u
I got news for u you will always learn things

ElNono
06-10-2017, 11:10 PM
makes sense, tbh... especially when Shillary is still talking... the DNC finding a way to sink themselves... they have no competition there, tbh

Thread
06-11-2017, 06:19 AM
The fact they're doing this is a clear cut sign they have no idea what to do about Trump.

Precisely. [They're] turn was next, not last November. It was Clinton---THEN a Republican. Trump messed up everyone's shit, not just Democrats.

Let 'em crawl, like the motherfuckers they are.

boutons_deux
06-11-2017, 06:44 AM
Repugs going full autocracy, fascism

non_Repugs are not legit, criticism and alternative opinions, worldviews are not legit

Repugs, Fox, A Jones, right-wing hate media, scamming Christian Taliban pastors are the only sources of truth.

As Tony Soprano said "Everything turns to shit"

fucked unfuckable USA will get shittier and shittier for years (for the lower 4 quintiles).

Thread
06-11-2017, 06:45 AM
^He mopped the fuckin' floor with her fuckin' ass.

Trump President. Not Clinton.

florige
06-11-2017, 10:40 AM
makes sense, tbh... especially when Shillary is still talking... the DNC finding a way to sink themselves... they have no competition there, tbh

Hillary did more damage to the Dem party than people want to admit. She was the one candidate that people hated so much that voters would rather take their chances of not voting and possibly allowing a moron like Trump to back door his way in which is what happened. Hillary should had hid her face forever after this debacle.

pgardn
06-11-2017, 10:41 AM
The press has now fully taken on the role of the 4th branch of government. We have a president who consistently lies, exaggerates, and reverses himself. The press is playing poker with his ass and calling his bad hands. In the haste to report there will be mistakes and bad sources. This is part of the process. Cheeto challenged this and he got it. (The latest, "Comey better hope there are no tapes" crock of shit)

The Republicans have got to understand they are in for the big fail unless they can get Trump to shut his stream of involuntary projectile vomit tweets and speeches. Good thing for Democrats, had Cruz been elected he had a good chance of getting things done.

pgardn
06-11-2017, 10:43 AM
Hillary did more damage to the Dem party than people want to admit. She was the one candidate that people hated so much that voters would rather take their chances of not voting and possibly allowing a moron like Trump to back door his way in which is what happened. Hillary should had hid her face forever after this debacle.

Because she failed to admit she was wrong until pressed against the wall. And her ability to press the truth right up to the boundaries is almost more deadly than a bozo like Trump.

vy65
06-11-2017, 10:56 AM

Isn't this the exact same thing SJW's say about white men?

Apparently credibility only matters when you're the one being attacked.