PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge, D.Green and 1st Rd pick for Melo

nyspurguy
06-12-2017, 02:59 AM
First of all I'm not the biggest Melo fan. I was just thinking since Phil Jackson can't get Melo out of NY fast enough, why not? I know Melo isn't the talent he once was, although he is still a 20 point scorer. We need someone who can get a bucket (besides Kawhi). With Danny traded we could move Kawhi to the 2 and Melo at the 3. I'd much rather scoop Paul George, but that's prolly a pipe dream. I know Melo has been deemed a ball stopper but like I said he can sure get a bucket or two. At this point in his career I think he would wave that trade clause to come to S.A. don't get it twisted Melo is/can be a willing passer. Melo as a second option on the team would be nice. What y'all think?

illusioNtEk
06-12-2017, 03:11 AM
LMA and Danny together is a huge defensive liability tbh.... we should trade Gasoft

apalisoc_9
06-12-2017, 03:12 AM
Damn...

I've had Diarrhea before and excreted maybe 5kg of shit both liquid and solid..but that shit ain't enough to compete against the shit I am reading in the ops post.

Emperor
06-12-2017, 04:06 AM
The hell man i wouldn't even give up just Aldridge and you wanna give them Green and a 1st also? Lol

Ice009
06-12-2017, 04:22 AM
No fucking way. If the Spurs were to trade for Melo it would have to be guys with contracts we're trying to get rid of just for the sake of getting rid of them. Gasol has to be one of the names included in that list if he opts in, definitely not LMA AND Danny together. I'd much rather Melo if he's bought out to try and add to help attract Chris Paul and/or Lebron. When can he be bought out? Can that be done in the off-season?

Also, I heard that Porzingis wants out of New York? I thought I saw that mentioned somewhere a few weeks ago. Is it because of Melo? If it is, does that mean if the Knicks get rid of Melo, he's likely to stay?

TheGreatYacht
06-12-2017, 04:38 AM
OP crossed the line at Aldridge and a 1st rnd pick. I'm okay with sending D-League Green back home to NY, but that's it.

thekingrobert
06-12-2017, 04:45 AM
you know we made the WCF right?

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-12-2017, 05:20 AM
:lol Phil would send a first with Melo if he could convince him to go somewhere else for a bag of chips.

Mal
06-12-2017, 05:41 AM
Lol at idea for paying to get Melo.

nyspurguy
06-12-2017, 06:04 AM
Gasol, Green and the 29th pick for Melo? Maybe Aldridge was too much..

Mal
06-12-2017, 06:53 AM

Melo is available for salary relief. NY can even give you 2nd rounder or something, if you are able to get him waive his no-trade clause.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-12-2017, 07:14 AM

You can't even trade Gasol until he picks his option.

MaNu4Tres
06-12-2017, 07:39 AM
Can someone just delete this thread?

Chinook
06-12-2017, 07:42 AM
Just stop trying to give the Knicks a pick.

cjw
06-12-2017, 07:54 AM

You listen to too much NY sports talk radio and all of their crack callers. That's better, but still don't throw in the first rounder.

coachmac87
06-12-2017, 08:05 AM
Damn...

I've had Diarrhea before and excreted maybe 5kg of shit both liquid and solid..but that shit ain't enough to compete against the shit I am reading in the ops post.

This thread is bad...but you're a hell of a competitor and I know you can top this

Chillen
06-12-2017, 08:06 AM
I don't mind Melo as a Spur but trading Aldridge for him no. Gasol and Green and maybe a pick, yes. Than Spurs can try and get Rubio from Minnesota. None of this will happen until the Spurs see if they can sign CP3.

AaronY
06-12-2017, 08:14 AM
Were trying to tank now?

nyspurguy
06-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Gasol, Aldridge, Green, Anderson, 1st and 2nd rnd picks for Melo, Porzingis and a sign and trade Derrick Rose. I know he's a free agent but if the Knicks sign and trade him it would probably make the salaries work/match. Let me know cause I've got Phil on the phone.

Chinook
06-12-2017, 10:12 AM
Pumping out shit sandwiches like it's a Subway.

tmtcsc
06-12-2017, 10:13 AM
The ransom you expect the Spurs to give up for him is ridiculous. No one in their right mind would trade anything for Melo. I think the Knicks will negotiate a buy-out and he will be available for the minimum. <-- That's if the Spurs would even want him in their locker room.

superbigtime
06-12-2017, 10:13 AM
Gasol, Aldridge, Green, Anderson, 1st and 2nd rnd picks for Melo, Porzingis and a sign and trade Derrick Rose. I know he's a free agent but if the Knicks sign and trade him it would probably make the salaries work/match. Let me know cause I've got Phil on the phone.

That
shit's
funny.

TheGreatYacht
06-12-2017, 10:14 AM
Is the guy that owned Ginobili, Galloway or something like that, still on the Knicks? Wouldn't mind trading Green and Fathead for him

Robz4000
06-12-2017, 10:33 AM
I like it. While we're at it we should trade Kawhi to Washington for Bradley Beal and Trevor Ariza imo.

nyspurguy
06-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Okay guys, Phil says he'll throw in their 1st rnd 7th pick just to sweetin it. He says he doesn't believe Porzingis wants to be a knick. Plus with you guys(the Spurs) he'd be with his fellow countryman Davis Bertans. Spurstalk Nation let me know, what should I tell Phil? I say we pull the plug on this one...

cd021
06-12-2017, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't trade any of the three for Melo, and I've always sort of liked Melo

BatManu20
06-12-2017, 12:21 PM

kuato
06-12-2017, 01:06 PM
Melo is a looser, I don't understand how people think he will be a good adition to the Spurs

tmtcsc
06-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Melo is a looser, I don't understand how people think he will be a good adition to the Spurs

For the vet minimum, coming off the bench? Yeah, I'd do that. If we get CP3, I could see it happening - so long as Melo gets bought out by the Knicks.

Chinook
06-12-2017, 01:17 PM
Melo is a lot better than people think he is (shit, why do I keep saying that?), but he plays in the same spots as Kawhi and LMA. They'd make a very poor Big Three.

TheDoctor
06-12-2017, 01:36 PM
Pumping out shit sandwiches like it's a Subway.
:lol

TimDunkem
06-12-2017, 01:57 PM
That might be the worst trade idea yet, tbh and I'm actually for moving Danny Green.

nyspurguy
06-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Melo is a lot better than people think he is (shit, why do I keep saying that?), but he plays in the same spots as Kawhi and LMA. They'd make a very poor Big Three.

We could move Kawhi to the 2. I mean think about it, we all say his game is very similar to Kobe and Jordan. What position did those 2 play again? I think Kawhi would really excell at the shooting guard. He'd have on average about 2 inches on the opposing 2 gaurd. A backcourt of Murray and Leonard?.. doesn't sound all that bad to me. D-Rose/ Murray, Leonard, Melo, Bertans and Porzingis. With J.Simmons off the bench and the 7th pick.So basically we lose Aldridge, Gasol, Green, Anderson and a 1st and 2nd round pick...in return we get Melo, D-Rose, Porzingis and the 7th pick. With getting rid of those contracts we'd have some money to throw at Simmons and a few more humbled salary players to fill out the team. That 7th pick could/should be an immediate impactful rotational player, if not an immediate starter. Not that I'm qualified, but you guys are lucky I'm not the GM, cause if there were such a trade/deal, I'd pull the lever on...Quick Fast and in a Hurry.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-12-2017, 02:26 PM
Chinook deserved this^ for answering semi seriously :lol

spursistan
06-12-2017, 02:47 PM

Chinook
06-12-2017, 02:48 PM
We could move Kawhi to the 2. I mean think about it, we all say his game is very similar to Kobe and Jordan. What position did those 2 play again? I think Kawhi would really excell at the shooting guard. He'd have on average about 2 inches on the opposing 2 gaurd. A backcourt of Murray and Leonard?.. doesn't sound all that bad to me. D-Rose/ Murray, Leonard, Melo, Bertans and Porzingis. With J.Simmons off the bench and the 7th pick.So basically we lose Aldridge, Gasol, Green, Anderson and a 1st and 2nd round pick...in return we get Melo, D-Rose, Porzingis and the 7th pick. With getting rid of those contracts we'd have some money to throw at Simmons and a few more humbled salary players to fill out the team. That 7th pick could/should be an immediate impactful rotational player, if not an immediate starter. Not that I'm qualified, but you guys are lucky I'm not the GM, cause if there were such a trade/deal, I'd pull the lever on...Quick Fast and in a Hurry.

By "spots" I don't mean position. I mean physical place on the court. Having the three of them would hamper the diversity of the offense, and playing Melo at the three and getting rid of Green would undercut the D. Something like Melo and Hernangomez for LMA makes some level of sense for SA if the Spurs are tired of Aldridge, but it would make no sense for NYK, who would have traded Melo to build around their "star" PF.

poop
06-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Melo doesnt give a shit about winning. No thanks. I wouldnt trade anyone but Pop for him

nyspurguy
06-12-2017, 03:10 PM
By "spots" I don't mean position. I mean physical place on the court. Having the three of them would hamper the diversity of the offense, and playing Melo at the three and getting rid of Green would undercut the D. Something like Melo and Hernangomez for LMA makes some level of sense for SA if the Spurs are tired of Aldridge, but it would make no sense for NYK, who would have traded Melo to build around their "star" PF.
When you say "having the 3 of them hampers the diversity of the offense", what 3 are you referring to? Because Aldridge would be gone( in this make believe trade). Are you telling me a lineup of Rose+Leonard+Melo+Bertans+ Porzingis is an offensive liability? Your thinking too much..In the words of our beloved coach Pop "it's basketball not rocket science". Alot of firepower in that lineup. And oh yeah, if we wanna compete with the Warriors, we better have some firepower. Say what you want about Melo, but had we had him when Kawhi went down, I'd like to believe Melo would had scored a bucket or two or three down the stretch to get us out of game 1 with a win.

nyspurguy
06-12-2017, 04:40 PM
I don't mind Melo as a Spur but trading Aldridge for him no. Gasol and Green and maybe a pick, yes. Than Spurs can try and get Rubio from Minnesota. None of this will happen until the Spurs see if they can sign CP3.

Melo for Aldridge straight up...any day of the calendar year I make that trade if I'm the Spurs.

coachmac87
06-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Spurs don't need another ISO heavy dominant player like Melo. Spurs need players or a "Star" that can lift the play of others and Kawhi could play off of...

That's the problem with LMA..ya he can get you 20ppg a night but he doesn't make others better with his passing or commanding double teams/pass out of...something that made Duncan so damn good....he'd make you pay either on the block or making right read or pass if doubled. LMA needs a elite guard who can get him good/easy looks..he's a rhythm player who needs to be "set up". But once he gets that rhythm he can catch fire and become a dominant "scorer".

Melo is a more versatile player but his strengths or game are almost identical to Kawhi...both are dominant ISO midrange scorers with possible elite 3pt shooting...but their "playmaking" lacks. Melo won't make the role players better and his defense as we all know is pretty bad especially on the perimeter...

Spurs have the the players (Kawhi, LMA) who can score...they just need someone who can create off the dribble, set others up with versatility, defend point guards, and be relied to score if needed. CP3 > Melo as a fit and it's not even close tbh

GSH
06-12-2017, 07:30 PM
Aldridge, D.Green and 1st Rd pick for Melo

That trade would forever be known as "Isaiah's Revenge".

NYspurguy? You got that right.

DPG21920
06-12-2017, 07:39 PM
I would do it. For the min, why not?

tholdren
06-12-2017, 08:46 PM
The hell man i wouldn't even give up just Aldridge and you wanna give them Green and a 1st also? Lol

Op name says it all.

fresnodog
06-12-2017, 10:37 PM
I wouldnt trade a used condom for melo. Imo

Ice009
06-12-2017, 10:44 PM
If Melo gets bought out, why wouldn't he go to Cleveland instead? I think if the Spurs wanted him, they'd have to trade for him. The only way they might get him after a buyout is if the Spurs have signed CP3 prior to him being bought out.

Edit: KD, NBA Chump. No congratulations from me. Fuck you and the Warriors.

Leetonidas
06-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Pink this tard

spursmvp
06-12-2017, 11:42 PM
How about OP for melo? Melo can take the min and back up simmons off the bench.

Trainwreck2100
06-12-2017, 11:50 PM
go to ---->google.com
hey google what's it called when you set yourself on fire?

OP shoulp self'immolate tbqh

nyspurguy
06-12-2017, 11:55 PM
Spurs don't need another ISO heavy dominant player like Melo. Spurs need players or a "Star" that can lift the play of others and Kawhi could play off of...

That's the problem with LMA..ya he can get you 20ppg a night but he doesn't make others better with his passing or commanding double teams/pass out of...something that made Duncan so damn good....he'd make you pay either on the block or making right read or pass if doubled. LMA needs a elite guard who can get him good/easy looks..he's a rhythm player who needs to be "set up". But once he gets that rhythm he can catch fire and become a dominant "scorer".

Melo is a more versatile player but his strengths or game are almost identical to Kawhi...both are dominant ISO midrange scorers with possible elite 3pt shooting...but their "playmaking" lacks. Melo won't make the role players better and his defense as we all know is pretty bad especially on the perimeter...

Spurs have the the players (Kawhi, LMA) who can score...they just need someone who can create off the dribble, set others up with versatility, defend point guards, and be relied to score if needed. CP3 > Melo as a fit and it's not even close tbh

Don't get me wrong I'd rather have Chris Paul, but he's a free agent. So to get him we'd have to gut this team. Even to get him for $25 million or so we'd probably have problems. Any player you have in mind who could elevate the players around him we realistically have a chance at getting? As I said, Paul George would be the 1st guy out there I'd love to have on this team. Just not sure that's realistic either. But hey I'm with staying pact as well. I mean we did make it to the WCF. At worst we're the 2nd best team in the west. With a healthy Kawhi and T.P., hey you never know. Just thought/think we need some guys who can get buckets. I know Melo and D-Rose can get buckets. At this point in their perspective careers I think their somewhat humbled players and could​be good Spurs. I think Rose and Melo along with Kawhi could elevate the other players. I'm all for getting Melo for the minimum, just don't think that's happening. I'm all for getting the best player​ out there but I just don't know how or/and who. I'd rather trade for Melo, Rose, Porzingis and the 7th pick than to have to gut the team just for Chris Paul. Just a realistic trade senerio.

coachmac87
06-13-2017, 12:40 AM
Don't get me wrong I'd rather have Chris Paul, but he's a free agent. So to get him we'd have to gut this team. Even to get him for $25 million or so we'd probably have problems. Any player you have in mind who could elevate the players around him we realistically have a chance at getting? As I said, Paul George would be the 1st guy out there I'd love to have on this team. Just not sure that's realistic either. But hey I'm with staying pact as well. I mean we did make it to the WCF. At worst we're the 2nd best team in the west. With a healthy Kawhi and T.P., hey you never know. Just thought/think we need some guys who can get buckets. I know Melo and D-Rose can get buckets. At this point in their perspective careers I think their somewhat humbled players and could​be good Spurs. I think Rose and Melo along with Kawhi could elevate the other players. I'm all for getting Melo for the minimum, just don't think that's happening. I'm all for getting the best player​ out there but I just don't know how or/and who. I'd rather trade for Melo, Rose, Porzingis and the 7th pick than to have to gut the team just for Chris Paul. Just a realistic trade senerio.

Getting CP3 without "gutting the team" is far more realistic then everything you posted. Period.

GSH
06-13-2017, 11:22 AM
I would do it. For the min, why not?

Thread title: "Aldridge, D.Green and 1st Rd pick for Melo"

We have to settle on one fantasy world. Either the one where we gut the team AND the future to get 'Melo, or the one where 'Melo signs for the min. Either way, he wouldn't make it out of preseason before he was talking to the press about how he is the best player on the team.

DPG21920
06-13-2017, 03:33 PM
Thread title: "Aldridge, D.Green and 1st Rd pick for Melo"

We have to settle on one fantasy world. Either the one where we gut the team AND the future to get 'Melo, or the one where 'Melo signs for the min. Either way, he wouldn't make it out of preseason before he was talking to the press about how he is the best player on the team.

:lol My reply was not serious because this thread is not serious. It was intended to be non-sensical.

nyspurguy
06-13-2017, 04:48 PM
We better get Melo or CP3 or PG-13 before Cleveland and LeBron gets maybe all 3 of them.

phxspurfan
06-13-2017, 04:53 PM
internet GMs

GSH
06-13-2017, 08:26 PM
:lol My reply was not serious because this thread is not serious. It was intended to be non-sensical.

I knew you were kidding.

Heh. I was just making a point - even at the min, Caramello would sill be a mixed bag. Yeah, I know what a good scorer he is. But he's always been like dealing with a PMS woman. And that's not fair to women.

Galileo
06-13-2017, 09:30 PM
LMA is better than Melo by himself.