PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Which superstar, past and present, could have beaten the Warriors?

redzero
06-13-2017, 06:07 AM
Switch LeBron out for anybody in their prime, do the Cavaliers still lose? Would Jordan, Kobe, Duncan, Shaq, Wade, Olajuwon, etc. change the outcome of this series?

Venti Quattro
06-13-2017, 06:18 AM
I don't think any star would fit in the equation. This is a team that LeBron assembled himself based on his skill set.

RsxPiimp
06-13-2017, 07:27 AM
nah, i cant see anybody carrying that team to victory. warriors are unbelievably stacked.

i do think the 2008 celtics + lebron could take them out though.

Mark Celibate
06-13-2017, 08:31 AM
Switch LeBron out for anybody in their prime, do the Cavaliers still lose? Would Jordan, Kobe, Duncan, Shaq, Wade, Olajuwon, etc. change the outcome of this series?

Definitely none of those wing players would get it done but I think those bigs (Shaq, Duncan, Olajuwon) could take it to 6 or 7 hard fought games

redzero
06-13-2017, 08:55 AM
I don't even think Shaq would help. Even if Shaq dominates in the post, the wings would still be contributing nothing. The 3-point shooters missed wide open shots all series, so switching LeBron out for a dominant big man wouldn't make Love, D-Will, Korver, Jefferson and Smith magically shoot better. LeBron's ball movement would be lost, and there's the constant risk of foul trouble or hack-a-Shaq shenanigans.

DMC
06-13-2017, 08:56 AM
Manu Ginobili

DMC
06-13-2017, 08:57 AM
Not a player. Coach Pop over Lue.

unleashbaynes
06-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Definitely none of those wing players would get it done but I think those bigs (Shaq, Duncan, Olajuwon) could take it to 6 or 7 hard fought games

Kinda thinking the same. A glaring issue for the cavs was lack of interior defense.

AaronY
06-13-2017, 10:08 AM
If Cavs had just held on at the end of game three could have gone to 7 games but they couldn't beat them in Oakland. they really blew that game

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2017, 10:14 AM
DUNNO about beating warriors, but they will still make the finals with that roster....

sexinthatsx
06-13-2017, 10:41 AM
Shaq in his prime would have done the trick. You can't counter small ball with small ball, you have to counter with playing big. Zaza will shed tears at the thought of Shaq dunking on him and make him think twice about playing as dirty as he does.

-21-
06-13-2017, 10:48 AM

I agree, especially with Shaq. No one on the Warriors can stop him in the post. If they hack him, they'd foul out everyone and kill the flow of the game. Of course, 3 pointers are still worth more than 2 pointers, but Shaq would draw double teams generating a lot of open looks for Kyrie, JR, Love, etc.

Thread
06-13-2017, 11:03 AM
Not a player. Coach Pop over Lue.

Please. He couldn't even put Trump aside long enough to compete in his craft.

Mitch
06-13-2017, 11:12 AM
Shaq like mentioned, nothing Warriors could throw at him.

Clipper Nation
06-13-2017, 11:15 AM
None. All other superstars would have been swept. It took LeGOAT just to force a Game 5.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-13-2017, 11:19 AM
I bet the Bad boy Pistons or Bird's Celtics could give em a run

Thread
06-13-2017, 11:25 AM
None. All other superstars would have been swept. It took LeGOAT just to force a Game 5.

These days that's enough. The old days, before 9 June 1985 that was a joke. You were total shit. And if that were Kobe last nite instead of James it'd still be total shit.

Listen up, you little twerp, you,,,and listen good:::

Kobe: 5

James: 3

Thread
06-13-2017, 11:30 AM
I bet the Bad boy Pistons or Bird's Celtics could give em a run

We whooped their ass in Massachusetts.........9 June 1985.

"Oh, our ankles hurt."
"Oh, we don't like the 2-3-3 format. It not fair."
"Oh, we're white. They're black. We're white."
"Oh, I have a pre nup, Amy won't get a single red cent."
"Oh, I'm depressed because everyone is depressed because Trump mopped the fuckin' floor with her fuckin' ass."
"Oh, I'm Silver, I'm gonna fix everything. Watch me, laud me, kiss me, worship me, cite me, honor me. I'm Jewish."
"Oh, I'm Ellis, I'm going to Idaho to cultivate potatoes. Oh."

Clipper Nation
06-13-2017, 11:32 AM
These days that's enough. The old days, before 9 June 1985 that was a joke. You were total shit. And if that were Kobe last nite instead of James it'd still be total shit.

Listen up, you little twerp, you,,,and listen good:::

Kobe: 5

James: 3
Daddy: 3

MVPau: 2

Kobe: 0

Kyle Orton
06-13-2017, 11:39 AM
We whooped their ass in Massachusetts.........9 June 1985.

"Oh, our ankles hurt."
"Oh, we don't like the 2-3-3 format. It not fair."
"Oh, we're white. They're black. We're white."
"Oh, I have a pre nup, Amy won't get a single red cent."
"Oh, I'm depressed because everyone is depressed because Trump mopped the fuckin' floor with her fuckin' ass."
"Oh, I'm Silver, I'm gonna fix everything. Watch me, laud me, kiss me, worship me, cite me, honor me. I'm Jewish."
"Oh, I'm Ellis, I'm going to Idaho to cultivate potatoes. Oh."

:lol

whitemamba
06-13-2017, 12:28 PM
Laker 3 peat teams have a good chance imo, they played the inside out game perfectly , and the laker shooters didn't shit the bed like cle, and the warriors would have no answer for Shaq what so ever. The floor would be spaced and then there's prime athletic Kobe.

UZER
06-13-2017, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see Shaq try PNR defense. :lol

He couldn't even play it in his day. The warriors would eat him alive and wear him out on switches.

lefty
06-13-2017, 12:33 PM
Olajuwon tbh

Thebesteva
06-13-2017, 12:49 PM
Shaq or Jordan. A lot of it is coaching too...Phil would have forced the pace to be slower.

Thread
06-13-2017, 01:01 PM
Phil would have forced the pace to be slower.

Additional grub for thought.

DMC
06-13-2017, 01:54 PM
Please. He couldn't even put Trump aside long enough to compete in his craft.

Yet he busted Harden's balloon knot with a D-league squad. Pop et al have the wherewithal to design a system to beat a system. Other coaches, most of them, are player coaches. They just cry at the podium for their team and say catchy shit. They don't coach, they don't have a system. The closest "system" guy to Pop is Mike D and his system won't ever win a ring under Mike.

Biggems
06-13-2017, 02:12 PM
Wilt

Thread
06-13-2017, 02:16 PM
Wilt

Schmilt. He was as nervous as a queer at a weiner roast. Him, West, me. We never could stand the strain. It ruined us, led Wilt to an early grave, West to the East, me to the hate tree.