PDA

View Full Version : Does David West retire or does he go for the $$$ in the offseason?

$pursDynasty
06-13-2017, 01:01 PM
I have to give him credit he was going to chase that ring until he got it, but now that he has it, will he once again play for the minimum or retire, or go all Jerry McGuire, "Show me the money!"? I won't hate on him, mission accomplished. I just doubt he does the play for vet minimum thing again, when there are a lot of piss poor too young teams out there that can use his veteran leadership and championship presence.

Chinook
06-13-2017, 01:06 PM
Think he'll be one of many who ring-chases at GS again.

Canyonero
06-13-2017, 01:19 PM

This. He hasn't shown anything that would allow him to go for $$$ easily.

Dex
06-13-2017, 01:22 PM

Ugh. It could get even worse next season. They are going to be able to pick up talent for pennies on the dollar just because everyone knows it's a ride on a gravy train with biscuit wheels straight to a title.

In the early 2000s, we had the Lakers. In the early 2010s, we had the Heat.

We gotta find a way to beat these fucks.

RD2191
06-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Ugh. It could get even worse next season. They are going to be able to pick up talent for pennies on the dollar just because everyone knows it's a ride on a gravy train with biscuit wheels straight to a title.

In the early 2000s, we had the Lakers. In the early 2010s, we had the Heat.

We gotta find a way to beat these fucks.

Kawhi will get it done, he's on a mission.

sasaint
06-13-2017, 01:28 PM
Kawhi will get it done, he's on a mission.

I sure hope you are right not just because I hope Kawhi and the Spurs get another ring soon, but because I hate the Dubs and the way they have bastardized basketball with the league's tacit complicity.

$pursDynasty
06-13-2017, 01:34 PM
CP3 signs for Manu money for two years and LBJ forces a trade for (himself w/ a promise to return someday) in exchange for Pau and a draft pick, just out of spite to stop the Dubs.

cd98
06-13-2017, 01:47 PM
I heard off the court he's a nice guy. Like him or hate him, he gave up a ton of money to play for SA (he walked away from a big guaranteed contract). His sacrifice to play with the GSW was much less as Spurs were paying him very little by NBA standards. I'm glad he got a ring. He walked away from a ton of money. I don't expect to see many guys do the same.

boutons_deux
06-13-2017, 02:30 PM
I heard off the court he's a nice guy. Like him or hate him, he gave up a ton of money to play for SA (he walked away from a big guaranteed contract). His sacrifice to play with the GSW was much less as Spurs were paying him very little by NBA standards. I'm glad he got a ring. He walked away from a ton of money. I don't expect to see many guys do the same.

If only had played for Spurs as well as he played for Warriors. He gave nothing to the Spurs.

benefactor
06-13-2017, 02:37 PM
Who fucking cares? He's a faggot.

tholdren
06-13-2017, 02:41 PM

And who would pay him? The market for west would be gs or cleveland, but he is a fake pos

cd98
06-13-2017, 03:14 PM
If only had played for Spurs as well as he played for Warriors. He gave nothing to the Spurs.

Yes but with a team as talented as the Warriors, he was asked to do less. He didn't work out for us. But he sacrificed a lot to come here. We dream of players coming here all the time, but don't bc of money. But he did, so respect.

SAGirl
06-13-2017, 04:09 PM
Just a big disappointment when it mattered... he was fine during the RS.... played well enough. A part of historic defense tor the Spurs and a team that won 67 RS games. He left in a bad note and left the floor of game 6 in notorious bad mood, and felt disrespected. He could have his reasons. Admitted that he bandwagoned to GSW as soon as game 6 at OKC was over.

tmtcsc
06-13-2017, 06:44 PM

Exactly, fuck that toothless junk yard dog. Fucking snarls at his own shadow out of fear. He's the Big Fake.

Ice009
06-13-2017, 09:40 PM
Just a big disappointment when it mattered... he was fine during the RS.... played well enough. A part of historic defense tor the Spurs and a team that won 67 RS games. He left in a bad note and left the floor of game 6 in notorious bad mood, and felt disrespected. He could have his reasons. Admitted that he bandwagoned to GSW as soon as game 6 at OKC was over.

Again, this is the problem I have with him. Why did he feel disrespected? He played like crap against OKC. Why did he feel disrespected?

Was it money? If so, it reminds me of Derek Anderson who played like total shit against the Lakers, scored something like 2 points for the series and then was talking about respect and loyalty while asking for $50 Million.

cd98
06-13-2017, 10:08 PM
Again, this is the problem I have with him. Why did he feel disrespected? He played like crap against OKC. Why did he feel disrespected?

Was it money? If so, it reminds me of Derek Anderson who played like total shit against the Lakers, scored something like 2 points for the series and then was talking about respect and loyalty while asking for $50 Million.

I think he was mad he gave up $$$ to lose in the 2nd round. He could've played out his contract and then joined GS. I think he regrets leaving the money.

cjw
06-14-2017, 12:05 AM
I think he was mad he gave up $$$ to lose in the 2nd round. He could've played out his contract and then joined GS. I think he regrets leaving the money.

He should look in the mirror and know he was the reason they blew it against OKC. Was a complete non-factor that series when it mattered. He and Diaw left the Spurs with two playable bigs, one of whom was 40 and on his last legs. At least Diaw gave us 2014.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/westda01/gamelog/2016/

UNT Eagles 2016
06-14-2017, 12:07 AM
And who would pay him? The market for west would be gs or cleveland, but he is a fake pos

Sugar's off Loop 410 & Vance Jackson.

Down Under
06-14-2017, 12:10 AM
Just wish someone would sign Iguodala. That guy makes them even better, he's probably still their 4th best player.

InRareForm
06-14-2017, 12:14 AM
what $? he is garbage

Spurtacular
06-14-2017, 03:38 AM
:lmao Not sure D-West can make above the vet min at this point, anyways.

$pursDynasty
06-14-2017, 09:00 AM
:lmao Not sure D-West can make above the vet min at this point, anyways.
I don't know the garbage franchise's in the league ,and there may be 15-20 of them, are starving for championship type leadership and will overpay for it. I know you say, dude just won his first ship and he wasn't a major part of that...however the desperation still remains. I site the MANY Spurs roll players that have been vastly overpaid just to get a part of that Spurs professional mystique on the young and dumb rosters, Blair, Boban, Big Banger, CoJo ect, ect, ect. D-West can get a lot more than the league vet min but it would no doubt be on a much worse team.

Spurtacular
06-14-2017, 04:06 PM
I don't know the garbage franchise's in the league ,and there may be 15-20 of them, are starving for championship type leadership and will overpay for it. I know you say, dude just won his first ship and he wasn't a major part of that...however the desperation still remains. I site the MANY Spurs roll players that have been vastly overpaid just to get a part of that Spurs professional mystique on the young and dumb rosters, Blair, Boban, Big Banger, CoJo ect, ect, ect. D-West can get a lot more than the league vet min but it would no doubt be on a much worse team.

There might be a sucker or two out there. And with the cap rising, something in double digit millions would not be utterly shocking. But relatively speaking, D-West's "big contract" days are behind him. That's why he was stupid to opt out just because Larry Bird called Hibbert a shitty player, which he is.

Dex
06-14-2017, 04:14 PM
As for West...you can't hate him for going to GS if you cheered for him last season. He gave up more money to come to San Antonio for the exact same reason...a good chance to ring. Nobody around here was complaining when we picked up Aldridge and then got West for pennies on the dollar...and he wasn't going to get a big contract after he under-performed here.

Now you CAN hate him for forgetting how to hit a fucking shot and getting his ass punked by Adams and Kanter in the playoffs for us. He earned that.

EIC
06-14-2017, 04:40 PM

This. He played like hammered dog shit for SA.

EIC
06-14-2017, 05:39 PM
As for West...you can't hate him for going to GS if you cheered for him last season. He gave up more money to come to San Antonio for the exact same reason...a good chance to ring. Nobody around here was complaining when we picked up Aldridge and then got West for pennies on the dollar...and he wasn't going to get a big contract after he under-performed here.

Now you CAN hate him for forgetting how to hit a fucking shot and getting his ass punked by Adams and Kanter in the playoffs for us. He earned that.

I think the hate comes from the fact that he couldn't hit the ocean standing on the beach when he was in silver and black, then turns it on for GSW. At least for me.

therealtruth
06-16-2017, 09:23 PM
It could also be that Kerr put him in a better position to succeed than Pop.

tholdren
06-16-2017, 11:25 PM

Yes the 9th option

sasaint
06-16-2017, 11:29 PM

The Unpopular But Real Truth.