PDA

View Full Version : Trumps stupidity will get soldiers killed: Generals

RandomGuy
06-14-2017, 10:55 AM
Trump cuts would make troops ‘less safe,’ top retired generals say

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s proposed cuts to the State Department and U.S. development aid would endanger American troops and make the country “less safe” from terrorism, a group of senior retired military officers are warning Congress, urging lawmakers to reject the sharp spending reductions.

“Cutting the international affairs budget unilaterally will have the effect of disarming our country’s capability to stop new conflicts from forming, and will place our interests, values and the lives of our men and women in uniform at risk,” the former commanders said in the testimony, which was obtained by Yahoo News.

The signers included retired Adm. William McRaven, who headed U.S. special operations; retired Gen. David Petraeus, who commanded U.S. forces in Iraq and Afghanistan before becoming CIA director; retired Adm. Mike Mullen, a former chairman of the joint chiefs of staff; retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal, who commanded U.S. forces in Afghanistan; five former NATO supreme commanders; and past heads of the combatant commands in Africa and Europe.

“The severe cuts to the State Department and USAID that the administration has proposed will make America less safe, and Congress should reject them,” the group said. The testimony was to be provided on Tuesday to the Senate Armed Services Committee and other panels with jurisdiction over foreign affairs funding.

The retired officers noted that terrorist groups like ISIS, al Qaida, al-Shabab and Boko Haram have taken root in areas prone to poverty, corruption and poor governance — the kinds of things U.S. aid can often address.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-cuts-make-troops-less-safe-top-retired-generals-say-230054083.html

Making troops "less safe" = getting troops killed.

If the only tool you think you need is a hammer, everything starts looking like nails.

The US has a solid soft power apparatus that keeps things from boiling over into armed conflicts, and finds solutions to problems that bombs can't fix.

Ignorance of the levers of foreign policy is dangerous.

boutons_deux
06-14-2017, 11:00 AM

If the only tool you think you need is a hammer, everything starts looking like nails.

The US has a solid soft power apparatus that keeps things from boiling over into armed conflicts, and finds solutions to problems that bombs can't fix.

Repugs have repeatedly PROVEN they don't give a shit about anything but satisfying BigDonor, and thereby their own wealth.

Bannon? Miller? I don't know where these evil assholes think are taking the country by "deconstructing" Fed govt.

Trash obviously has no fucking idea of How Stuff Works, nor WTF he is doing.

baseline bum
06-14-2017, 12:57 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-cuts-make-troops-less-safe-top-retired-generals-say-230054083.html

What if it's not ignorance?

RandomGuy
06-14-2017, 01:57 PM
What if it's not ignorance?

Interesting, dismantling the US soft power centers would marginalize the US in a variety of ways.

I wonder who would benefit from the US being weaker?

DMC
06-14-2017, 03:26 PM
:sleep

So it doesn't matter that your prime choice for candidate lost to Trump? To Donald fucking Trump?

Do you realize Bill could have won easily if he was allowed to run, even at his age?

DMC
06-14-2017, 03:27 PM
Interesting, dismantling the US soft power centers would marginalize the US in a variety of ways.

I wonder who would benefit from the US being weaker?

The US dollar would be weaker as well, which would offset trade deficits.

hater
06-14-2017, 03:28 PM
So it doesn't matter that your prime choice for candidate lost to Trump? To Donald fucking Trump?

Do you realize Bill could have won easily if he was allowed to run, even at his age?

Senile old Willy would have gotten arrested for humping Melania at the debate floor tbh :lol

boutons_deux
06-14-2017, 03:30 PM
Fed raising praising rate, killing jobs, boosting the dollar, hurting exports.

Trash and Repugs are so sick of winning jobs, jobs, jobs.

RandomGuy
06-14-2017, 03:43 PM

Does it matter? I guess it does.

Does it matter more that we deal with reality as it is, definitely.

DMC
06-14-2017, 05:37 PM
Does it matter? I guess it does.

Does it matter more that we deal with reality as it is, definitely.
Reality is that the dems were :sleep

Then you wake up at noon and bitch because the house is a mess.

Adam Lambert
06-14-2017, 05:44 PM
all he has to do is blame muslims, blacks, immigrants, or all of the above and it wont matter

ducks
06-14-2017, 06:44 PM
I know one thing the milliary officers do not know how to end a way or do not have the permission to do so.

boutons_deux
06-14-2017, 07:33 PM
Trash giving Pootin his every wish

DPG21920
06-14-2017, 10:20 PM

Spot on. RandomGuy's ignorance of this is exactly the issue with DEMS. They need to drastically change and look in the mirror.

Trump is atrocious and you lost to him. That is how repulsive you are. That should say something. Many of these problems existed before Trump took office too. That should say something. Soldiers have been dying under Obama as well.

DMC
06-14-2017, 10:52 PM
all he has to do is blame muslims, blacks, immigrants, or all of the above and it wont matter

Or he could lie.

pgardn
06-14-2017, 11:43 PM

Trump beat a huge field of Republicans.
Hillary got anointed.
Which is nuttier...

DPG21920
06-14-2017, 11:46 PM
Trump beat a huge field of Republicans.
Hillary got anointed.
Which is nuttier...

Um, Hillary. Trump was at least new. Hillary had already lost to Obama and they ran her again :lmao And people actually supported her after it was exposed that your party legitimately rigged things in her favor over another DEM in Bernie.

Thread
06-15-2017, 12:12 AM
Um, Hillary. Trump was at least new. Hillary had already lost to Obama and they ran her again :lmao And people actually supported her after it was exposed that your party legitimately rigged things in her favor over another DEM in Bernie.

Deeps

spurraider21
06-15-2017, 12:24 AM
i dont know anybody here outside of reck that actually supported hillary

UNT Eagles 2016
06-15-2017, 12:38 AM

Poop/Kerr both supported her actively though :lol

Thread
06-15-2017, 12:49 AM

That's a crock a shit. Until he actually finished mopping the floor with her fuckin' ass you were all in cahoots for Hillary.

You ain't rewritin' it now, daddy. No fuckin' way.

spurraider21
06-15-2017, 12:50 AM
That's a crock a shit. Until he actually finished mopping the floor with her fuckin' ass you were all in cahoots for Hillary.

You ain't rewritin' it now, daddy. No fuckin' way.go back and find me saying good things about hillary. i dare you.

being "not as bad as trump" does not constitute support, cub

Thread
06-15-2017, 12:54 AM
go back and find me saying good things about hillary. i dare you.

Don't give me that shit, 21. I ain't doin' it. "I'm want him found now, not after breakfast, now!"

spurraider21
06-15-2017, 12:59 AM
Don't give me that shit, 21. I ain't doin' it. "I'm want him found now, not after breakfast, now!"
that's what i thought.

hater
06-15-2017, 06:28 AM
go back and find me saying good things about hillary. i dare you.

So u voted for Trump?

pgardn
06-15-2017, 07:02 AM

Which is exactly my point to DMC but you answered.
Trump did NOT just beat Hillary. And Hillary was anointed.
He beat a big field. Fooled a lot of people. It's more than being "new". (It's not like he is Fred from the farm, he knew and knows a ton of people in Washington)
And he clearly won. The Democrats must accept this. Their party is as fractured as the Republicans although it looks Like Trump is uniting a strong left base with his incompetence.

pgardn
06-15-2017, 07:09 AM

He is giving you what a lot of Americans quite obviously felt and did.
Held nose while voting. No need to go Toad on us because you don't like it.

DPG21920
06-15-2017, 09:10 AM
Trump is doing damage to both parties. He's awful and everyone caught on film backing him will not have a very good career whether that's 1 year from now or 4 years from now.

On the DEM side they are just being exposed as blue-tie wearing REP's with regards to incompetence, integrity & leadership.

RandomGuy
06-15-2017, 09:23 AM

Ok, great.

So we agree there is a mess that needs cleaning.

RandomGuy
06-15-2017, 09:59 AM
Spot on. RandomGuy's ignorance of this is exactly the issue with DEMS. They need to drastically change and look in the mirror.

Trump is atrocious and you lost to him. That is how repulsive you are. That should say something. Many of these problems existed before Trump took office too. That should say something. Soldiers have been dying under Obama as well.

I was rather appalled that the Democratic party picked Hillary. She was the single worst possible candidate. If you think I was somehow ignorant of that, you are mistaken.

The Democrats can, and are, doing far better at finding decent candidates, and a lot of people are stepping up to run for things that never have gotten involved before because of Trump, so the whole process may mean we get better government out of the deal, just not in the way Trump supporters think.

Both parties are not, by any stretch equal. That is lazy cynicism, IMO.

Thread
06-15-2017, 10:33 AM
Trump is doing damage to both parties. He's awful and everyone caught on film backing him will not have a very good career whether that's 1 year from now or 4 years from now.

On the DEM side they are just being exposed as blue-tie wearing REP's with regards to incompetence, integrity & leadership.

Deeps, playin' both sides. Typical.

Thread
06-15-2017, 10:33 AM
I was rather appalled that the Democratic party picked Hillary. She was the single worst possible candidate. If you think I was somehow ignorant of that, you are mistaken.

The Democrats can, and are, doing far better at finding decent candidates, and a lot of people are stepping up to run for things that never have gotten involved before because of Trump, so the whole process may mean we get better government out of the deal, just not in the way Trump supporters think.

Another historical rewrite in the backwash of him mopping the fuckin' floor with her fuckin' ass.

Thread
06-15-2017, 10:34 AM
So u voted for Trump?

...the sweet patater.

DPG21920
06-15-2017, 02:58 PM

They are not equal in policy. They are equal in stupidity, greed & fan base.

RandomGuy
06-15-2017, 03:12 PM
They are not equal in policy. They are equal in stupidity, greed & fan base.

How do you know that?

DPG21920
06-15-2017, 03:49 PM
How do you know that?

Because they ran Hillary as their candidate and lost to DONALD TRUMP

boutons_deux
06-15-2017, 03:51 PM

Hillary WON except for Comey and Pootin/Assange.

DPG21920
06-15-2017, 03:52 PM

So then she didn't win. Did she.

TSA
06-15-2017, 04:41 PM

What did she win?

DMC
06-15-2017, 04:55 PM

So you didn't vote for Hillary?

RandomGuy
06-15-2017, 04:55 PM

Ouch. :)

I dunno. I have become a bit more active in the local-ish politics of my area. The people running as Dems seem pretty decent.

boutons_deux
06-15-2017, 04:57 PM

I dunno. I have become a bit more active in the local-ish politics of my area. The people running as Dems seem pretty decent.

It's the Dem power structure and/or Hillary's team that ran a weak campaign, not the locals.

RandomGuy
06-15-2017, 04:59 PM
So you didn't vote for Hillary?

Hillary or Donald the Unready?

I voted for Hillary, yes. I knew we were going to be in for a shit-show either way. Quite frankly, I think the country is better off with Trump at the helm, simply because it highlights the glaring failures of modern conservatism and the rank hypocrisy of the GOP.

This presidency will seal the fate of the GOP and its failed policies for a generation.

Even TSA can't hide that anymore, as hard as he tries.

RandomGuy
06-15-2017, 05:00 PM
It's the Dem power structure and/or Hillary's team that ran a weak campaign, not the locals.

Eyup. The DNC is undergoing some deep soul searching, and that is good, IMO.

DPG21920
06-15-2017, 05:10 PM

I'm obviously speaking in general, but you have to truly question the integrity of DEMS when they run Hillary out. I could have MAYBE gotten past that if they didn't do what they did to Bernie.

Once I saw that they were truly rigging the system for Hillary and then basically telling everyone to shut up and eat it? I learned the truth about them in that moment.

I really do hope that Trump being so awful will force what you described. An introspective look at who is being supported in parties and what you stand for.

TSA
06-15-2017, 05:17 PM
Eyup. The DNC is undergoing some deep soul searching, and that is good, IMO.

The DNC is fractured and may be split by the time 2018 comes around if Bernie pulls of the Peoples Party.

DPG21920
06-15-2017, 05:20 PM

I voted for Hillary, yes. I knew we were going to be in for a shit-show either way. Quite frankly, I think the country is better off with Trump at the helm, simply because it highlights the glaring failures of modern conservatism and the rank hypocrisy of the GOP.

This presidency will seal the fate of the GOP and its failed policies for a generation.

I agree 100%. Trump is completely destroying the GOP. Everyone is taking names and watching this closely and that party is going to definitely lose control of everything for a long while. The funny thing is, Trump for all the accusations, is the least party-committed person in politics. He's sh*tting all over his own party openly :lol

However, I am not as optimistic as you are that it's a good thing because the DEMS have proven themselves to be just as bad IMO. They are just nicer looking snakes, but we are seeing their supporters and their true colors in how they are handling adversity and being on the losing end. It's not pretty.

baseline bum
06-15-2017, 06:16 PM

Bush's presidency was supposed to do that.

spurraider21
06-15-2017, 06:27 PM
even if trump's presidency concludes as the shitshow it currently appears to be, i dont think it will end the GOP, they'll be able to write him off as the wildcard that they didnt want all along... they'll point to romney/mccain/ryan and their hesitance to embrace him all along

boutons_deux
06-15-2017, 06:30 PM
we were going to be in for a shit-show either way.

False equivalence. the Trash/Repug shit show FAR exceeds a Hillary/Dem shit show

and you underestimate the control that BigCorp/billionaires have over whore-rotten Repug politics, plus the rigging of districts, voter suppression, Repug counting fraud, and right wing hate media. Repug party is, will be solid as ever.

Trash is a passing distraction, gone sooner or later

btw, media? rightwing jerkoff Savage recently asked Trash to take over the media.

DMC
06-15-2017, 07:19 PM

Therein lies the problem. It doesn't matter who they trot out, you're going to vote for the democratic nominee. They know this, so they can do whatever the hell they like.

DPG21920
06-15-2017, 08:49 PM
even if trump's presidency concludes as the shitshow it currently appears to be, i dont think it will end the GOP, they'll be able to write him off as the wildcard that they didnt want all along... they'll point to romney/mccain/ryan and their hesitance to embrace him all along

Not when they are all on tape praising him :lol

spurraider21
06-15-2017, 08:50 PM
Not when they are all on tape praising him :lol
:lol thinking they won't dare be hypocrites to save their skin... and thinking their voters wont remain loyal as long as they've got the (R)

DPG21920
06-15-2017, 08:51 PM
:lol thinking they won't dare be hypocrites to save their skin... and thinking their voters wont remain loyal as long as they've got the (R)

I'm pretty sure that's a DEM thing "I'm with her :cry".

Even a lot of the people that voted for Trump said they didn't like him :lol. They basically said this is the nuclear option and they were willing to take the risk.

spurraider21
06-15-2017, 08:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a DEM thing "I'm with her :cry".

Even a lot of the people that voted for Trump said they didn't like him :lol. They basically said this is the nuclear option and they were willing to take the risk.i dont think it's unique to republicans, if that's what you think I implied. but they'll vote the same people in even if they turn their backs on trump to save face

and yeah a lot of people were in the "i dont support trump, but" camp and many here still are. that's their out. semen shield while he's here, and once he's a disaster "see i never supported him"

Thread
06-15-2017, 08:53 PM

Sad but true, Deeps, but, 21 is correct.

The vast lion's share want Trump out. He jumped the line. And he's different, like the black hen in the chicken coop of white hens. They can't take it. They murder her so they can rest and find the old contentment.

(They/Repubs) were next after Hillary.

pgardn
06-15-2017, 09:54 PM
Sad but true, Deeps, but, 21 is correct.

The vast lion's share want Trump out. He jumped the line. And he's different, like the black hen in the chicken coop of white hens. They can't take it. They murder her so they can rest and find the old contentment.

(They/Repubs) were next after Hillary.

He made his own bed lying and misrepresenting. There have to be Republicans horribly disappointed that they have all branches of government and the Sweet Patater Head comes along and lays an egg.

RandomGuy
06-16-2017, 08:47 AM
Bush's presidency was supposed to do that.

True that. I guess I overestimated the American public.

https://pics.onsizzle.com/miss-me-yet-2009-nope-2010-nope-2011-nope-2012-6870305.png