PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Woj: LeBron to the Lolkers?

baseline bum
06-14-2017, 07:02 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/adrian-wojnarowski-people-around-nba-221416967.html
Adrian Wojnarowski: People around NBA feel LeBron James ‘likely’ to join Lakers or Clippers
Dan Feldman, NBC Sports 26 minutes ago

LeBron James can’t become a free agent until 2018.

But that LeBron-to-Los Angeles rumor is already gaining steam, and even the LeBron-to-Miami rumor won’t die.

Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical Podcast with Woj:

Not only is there no guarantee he’s coming back, I’m not sure there’s an expectation he’s re-signing there. I think they feel, I think within Cleveland and around the league, they feel that he’s very much in play to leave again and likely head out West to one of the two L.A. teams. The Lakers could very well be a target. The possibility of Miami again, based on how they, what that team looks like and where they are. Would Dwyane Wade go back there? But I think the focus, a lot of LeBron’s – his business interests, his Hollywood aspirations, his media ventures are base out there. And I wrote this last year and said it and believed it: The minute he won that championship in Cleveland he was liberated to leave again. Now, if he had not won a title in Cleveland and then left again, I think there would be tremendous backlash again. But the fact that he came back and did what he set out to do, which was to bring a title to Cleveland.

I’m not sure what’s less likely – LeBron or Wade returning to the Heat. It seems those breakups exposed and created too much bad blood. Then again, the same could have been said about LeBron with the Cavaliers.

As for the Lakers or Clippers, as I laid out before, there are several reasons LeBron keeps getting tied to those teams:

1. LeBron has hinted at having eyes for another team. He said he’d take a pay cut to play with Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul. If it weren’t already difficult to see that happening in Cleveland, Anthony said they’d want to go “someplace warm.” Los Angeles certainly qualifies.

2. LeBron seemingly enjoys the Los Angeles lifestyle. He owns a house there, as does his agent. LeBron has organized offseason workouts there for the Cavs.

3. LeBron wants to keep the Cavaliers on their toes. His return came with terms – a financial commitment from Cavs owner Dan Gilbert. Don’t spend enough, and LeBron could leave. Whether he actually would follow through, LeBron stands to make his Cleveland experience better by having the threat known.

4. It’s fun. LeBron is the best player in the league, and the Lakers the NBA’s most popular team. The Clippers have newfound relevance and play in a large market. It’s just plain fun to speculate on the possibility and the upheaval it’d cause.

BatManu20
06-14-2017, 07:07 PM
Lakers would make no sense. They're extremely young and nowhere near ready to compete for a championship, and he's only got 2-3 years left before he slows down imo. He'll be 33 December.

Clippers make way more sense, especially with their announcement today that they're going to build a new $Billion stadium in Inglewood.

It's no secret Lebron wants to be in LA at some point. He could play with his good friend CP3 and probably get a Paul George or another star to join him, as well as an aging Melo off the benc, and some filler pieces who want to ring. Would also give him a chance to bring a Title to a franchise that's been notoriously awful, which would further boost his legacy.

Bynumite
06-14-2017, 07:10 PM
Hate for Lebeta aside, rather see the Lakers try to get back on top with young drafted talent growing together than with Lebron tbh.

DMC
06-14-2017, 07:26 PM
Hate for Lebeta aside, rather see the Lakers try to get back on top with young drafted talent growing together than with Lebron tbh.

:lol sure you would... You'll be slurping all the El BJ you can muster.

btw, how's that been going for you?

lefty
06-14-2017, 07:30 PM
Woj has become overrated tbh

And WTF is a vertical

Bynumite
06-14-2017, 07:36 PM
:lol sure you would... You'll be slurping all the El BJ you can muster.

btw, how's that been going for you?

Lebron or no Lebron, nobody's getting past the Warriors in the next few years without health coming into play. So what's the point?

spurraider21
06-14-2017, 07:38 PM
Woj has become overrated tbh

And WTF is a vertical
what about wojtek

Chucho
06-14-2017, 07:38 PM
Hate for Lebeta aside.

LOL says the guy with the Greatest No. 2 option of All Time in his sig...:rollin

Fabbs
06-14-2017, 10:18 PM
:lol Scrub Wades name being added.
As if he has an relevance.

whitemamba
06-14-2017, 10:25 PM
:lmao clipper nation

Mitch
06-14-2017, 10:30 PM
Lebron doesn't want to be part of the west, he gets a free trip to the finals every year to build up his brand.

Bynumite
06-14-2017, 10:37 PM
Lebron doesn't want to be part of the west, he gets a free trip to the finals every year to build up his brand.

Exactly. Why lose to the Warriors in the 2nd round when you can do it in the Finals? :lol

DMC
06-14-2017, 10:42 PM
Lebron or no Lebron, nobody's getting past the Warriors in the next few years without health coming into play. So what's the point?

Just stop

The Gemini Method
06-15-2017, 10:20 AM
Gotta stay close to Rihanna and that house he has out here. Either way, I don't see him in a Lakers' uniform unless he's close to the end and somehow we've juxtaposed our current position and supplanted the Warriors as the next big thing.

Thread
06-15-2017, 10:56 AM
Won't be the Suns that's for darn tootin'. They-as one-believe they-along with Minnesota are on precise schedule to step into the vacuum created by the natural aging process that will occur simultaneously 3 years hence in State, here & up in MN..

"Yes, I really believe that."
"Me too."
"Makes total sense."
"How bout them Diamondbacks!"
"Lets pause now for 9 minutes of solar power commercials & PSA's."
During the fade out to commercial:::"Suns NBA Title in the year 2020!"

He mopped the fuckin' floor with her fuckin' ass.