PDA

View Full Version : Kerr's comments on the best players in the league

Nathan89
06-14-2017, 08:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SxLjaPF91o&feature=youtu.be&t=18m54s

18:54

Full Quote:
Zach Lowe: “You said KD was right there with Lebron. When I interviewed you between games 2 and 3, you said we’re getting the second best player in the world; it’s a no brainer. You think Steph cares about that? I’m kind of surprised you said that because Steph is the two time reigning MVP, and I feel like everyone has sort of collectively forgotten how good he is.
Like, he was amazing in the Finals. He was really good in the Finals two years ago for which he gets no credit. When you say something like that publicly do you worry Steph is going to be ‘hey what about me?’ or is he just, it doesn’t matter to him?”

Steve Kerr: "If I worried about it, I wouldn’t say it. That’s the beauty of Steph. He doesn’t take that stuff personally. He understands it. Steph is one of the great players in the world. Two time MVP, incredibly dominant in terms of the way he impacts the game. But, you’re talking about Kevin Durant at 6’11 protecting the rim, getting to the line, doing whatever he wants to do. There’s a different level of impact that is actually possible for Steph and for KD. Steph is my size. He’s literally my size. So, what he’s capable of is all based on his amazing skill. He can’t do anything about being 6’3 and a buck seventy-five. So, in the playoffs especially when you’re having to protect the rim and do so many different things. There has to be a level of physicality that factors in when you’re having these conversations about who’s the best player in the league. And that’s why Lebron is there, that’s why Kawhi is there, that’s why KD is there. That combination of skill and physical sheer force.”

Nathan89
06-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Kerr throwing Curry under the bus.:lmao

Meanwhile Pop hyping Kawhi as the best player in the league.

GSH
06-14-2017, 08:58 PM
Fuck Steve Kerr.

That is all.

apalisoc_9
06-14-2017, 09:04 PM
I've been saying the last Two years, the three SFs in the league are the three best players in the world.

picnroll
06-14-2017, 09:22 PM
Zaza's still the MVP though.

TheDoctor
06-14-2017, 09:25 PM
Zaza's still the MVP though.

hater
06-14-2017, 09:48 PM
Pobrecito Eliancito :cry

coachmac87
06-14-2017, 10:04 PM
I've been saying the last Two years, the three SFs in the league are the three best players in the world.

Except nobody gives a fuck about what you have to say

apalisoc_9
06-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Except nobody gives a fuck about what you have to say

As opposed to your podcast, anything I say is extremely relevant and valuable to the community.

Snaq O'Meal
06-14-2017, 10:09 PM

Kerr is just telling the truth. These short-assed, shoot-first, defensively-challenged guards should never be in any best player conversations.

tholdren
06-14-2017, 10:39 PM
Kerr is just telling the truth. These short-assed, shoot-first, defensively-challenged guards should never be in any best player conversations.

So how is kd different? Oh hes 7 foot tall, but still a shoot first, shit d guard.

Ice009
06-14-2017, 11:44 PM
Kerr played with Scottie Pippen, Michael Jordan and Tim Duncan. You think he's going to pick a short PG over dominant wings and bigs that are 6'6" or taller? Only one of his 7 Championships were won with a PG leading them for most of the year (2015), and then that PG didn't have a great finals compared to his regular season.

JohnnyMax
06-15-2017, 12:19 AM

http://i.imgur.com/34dK5rI.png

FkLA
06-15-2017, 12:49 AM
So how is kd different? Oh hes 7 foot tall, but still a shoot first, shit d guard.

Durbeta is far from shit on D.

Down Under
06-15-2017, 12:56 AM
It's fairly true, but Curry is just so unique in the fact that he can shoot 45% from 3, mostly off the dribble anytime he wants. That efficiency is just ridiculous, unheard of in NBA. Curry also commands more attention off the ball than anyone in the league so he's making it even easier for a ridiculously good scorer to score.

tholdren
06-15-2017, 02:05 PM
Durbeta is far from shit on D.

Hes total shit dude

tmtcsc
06-15-2017, 02:30 PM
Fuck Steve Kerr.

That is all.

Yes. Yes, I say. Well said.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/xT8qB5sar8diPvb7YA/giphy.gif

cutewizard
06-15-2017, 09:05 PM
1. Lebron

1B. Durant

1C. Kawhi

--------------------------------------------

Im just being objective here.

cutewizard
06-15-2017, 09:06 PM
The Spurs need to revolutionize their lineup

That current coaching staff is......not reaching the gold standard it should reach, tbh

Yuixafun
06-17-2017, 02:02 PM
Steph Curry would switch the balance.

Kawhi is better than Durant.

LA is better than Draymond.

Steph way better than Klay.

It's a dream come true if it ever happened.

Curry
Green
Leonard
Bertans
Aldridge

spurs1990
06-17-2017, 06:12 PM
Steph Curry would switch the balance.

Kawhi is better than Durant.

LA is better than Draymond.

Steph way better than Klay.

It's a dream come true if it ever happened.

Curry
Green
Leonard
Bertans
Aldridge

Curry is a guy I've never envisioned on the Spurs but man that deadly of a range and handles in Pop's system would be lethal.

Lethal Weapon 3 - Curry Leonard and Aldridge.

All due respect to that '90 GaTech team.

Hoops Czar
06-17-2017, 06:55 PM

And Lue hyping Lebron as the best player in the league. What a thought provoking concept of a coach plugging his own player.

tholdren
06-18-2017, 11:33 AM
And Lue hyping Lebron as the best player in the league. What a thought provoking concept of a coach plugging his own player.

dbreiden83080
06-18-2017, 06:01 PM
That was strange on so many levels. Talk about putting cracks in the foundation..