PDA

View Full Version : Duncan leads TOP50 according to FOXsports

TDMVPDPOY
10-14-2005, 11:38 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/4890680

Very interesting to see 3 spurs players in the top50, and u can see some players are rank very low.....

Leetonidas
10-15-2005, 12:08 AM
Good list.

Lady M
10-15-2005, 12:10 AM
I like it
TP is 42th behind 41th Marbury and 30th Arenas
but in the PG TOP TP is 9th behind Arenas8th and Marbury 7th

very strange

The Artest Factor
10-15-2005, 02:17 AM
Very bad listing that doesn't take into account individual talent and instead focuses on team accomplishments, hence Spurs and Pistons players being severely overrated.

Acvually, I didn't even read the list. But that's how they all go so why waste time?

And Ducan being #1 is a crock of shiznit. This guy obviously didn't see last year, the year Duncans game took some noticable steps backwards not to even his nagging old man injuries.

KG, LeBron, Nash, and Kobe should all be rated higher than Duncan.

Obstructed_View
10-15-2005, 03:07 AM
Very bad listing that doesn't take into account individual talent and instead focuses on team accomplishments, hence Spurs and Pistons players being severely overrated.
That pesky team accomplishment thing again. But I thought the Pacers were the best team in the league, with the most talent, everybody secretly fears them, blah blah blah.

The Pacers lead the league in two categories: Ifs and Buts.

Acvually, I didn't even read the list. But that's how they all go so why waste time?
At least you admit that you pulled your opinions out of your ass without bothering to have any facts. You didn't even bother to proofread your post so, as you say, why waste time? Plonk.

And Ducan being #1 is a crock of shiznit. This guy obviously didn't see last year
The year he won the title and Finals MVP?

Duncans game took some noticable steps backwards not to even his nagging old man injuries.
If you'd actually read the article...

13. Jermaine O'Neal, Indiana Pacers: O'Neal had a really tough season for a lot of reasons, but the bigger concern has been the injuries taking a toll on him two years in a row. Is it the exception or the rule?Who has the nagging old man injuries again?

Sense
10-15-2005, 03:41 AM
I LOVE THIS LIST!

They got Lebron at 9... FINALLY.

Chris
10-15-2005, 05:27 AM
That pesky team accomplishment thing again. But I thought the Pacers were the best team in the league, with the most talent, everybody secretly fears them, blah blah blah.

The Pacers lead the league in two categories: Ifs and Buts.

At least you admit that you pulled your opinions out of your ass without bothering to have any facts. You didn't even bother to proofread your post so, as you say, why waste time? Plonk.

The year he won the title and Finals MVP?

If you'd actually read the article...

13. Jermaine O'Neal, Indiana Pacers: O'Neal had a really tough season for a lot of reasons, but the bigger concern has been the injuries taking a toll on him two years in a row. Is it the exception or the rule?Who has the nagging old man injuries again?

RACK! "The Pacers lead the league in two categories: Ifs and Buts." That right there is sigworthy!

TDMVPDPOY
10-15-2005, 07:15 AM
^what he just said, pacer fans think they deserve everything if it doesnt go there way, man they are suck a nuisance

DesiSpur_21
10-15-2005, 07:23 AM

Then HTF are you critizing it?

And Ducan being #1 is a crock of shiznit. This guy obviously didn't see last year, the year Duncans game took some noticable steps backwards not to even his nagging old man injuries.

How'bt your "young" frequently having old man injuries?

Why did you leave out JO, Artest, SJax, Tinsley.

You are such a ----

lilmads
10-15-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm liking the list :)
Duncan deserves his high rank, there's no denying that!

z0sa
10-15-2005, 01:57 PM
Duncan is number 1 because if you need offense, hes there ... if you need defense, hes there ... if you need leadership, hes there ... He excels in every way on the court and thats why hes the best player in the world.

Leetonidas
10-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Artest Factor, providing Spurs fans with laughs before the season begins...

I'm thinking that Steve Nash is severely overrated. He's is a great point guard, but other than that, he's not that great. He never won an MVP in Dallas. Amare was his key there in Phoenix, and we'll see how overrated Nash is this season with Amare out.

thispego
10-15-2005, 02:43 PM
are you kidding? nash can light it up anytime he wants

remingtonbo2001
10-15-2005, 02:51 PM
No, Pacer's fan, don't leave. I want to take part in the Pacer Bashing. Hear me out, Jermaine O'neal is going to take over the league this year.....Pssh!...Hogwash!....You critize Duncan for his lack of play due to injuries, yet I would very skeptical to find an injured O'neal being enough of man to suck up and be a contributor to his team. But, I would not be as hard pressed to find an injured O'neal sucker punching some ball boy. I'll give him credit for playing in the Olympics, instead of hiding in a fetal position, in fear of terrorism....Cough, Cough...KG, Shaq, to name a few.

Mr_MVP21
10-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Every year Jermaine O'Neal has been sidelined with an injury. It may be best if they limit his minutes as well. Heck, even the Spurs are going to be conservative with Duncan's minutes this season. Not that Duncan needs to play a full 48 minutes this year because all the role players are better than the previous years before. The only thing people would be worried about is Duncan stats but as long as we win the championship, stats won't even matter.

remingtonbo2001
10-15-2005, 03:06 PM
If Timmy is able to knock down his FT this year, I am fairly confident he can bring home another MVP trophy. First and foremost, I would like to see the Spurs place another trophy next to the other 3, and so on. With that being said, I would rather see them place another trophy next to the other 3, while Timmy places another MVP in his trophy case. If Tim is able to pull one more MVP (season), as well as lead the Spurs to at least 2, if not 3 more championships, then there might be a serious debate to the rights of the greatest player of all time. Granted no one will ever match the clutch ability of Jordan. Not even Big Shot himself. But I give him a close second.

Mr_MVP21
10-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Yeah, no joke. Duncan will be able to rival at least Magic Johnson with the number of championships in the number of years he was in the league if Duncan can manage to win one or two MVP and NBA Championships.

Brutalis
10-15-2005, 03:20 PM

So you disagree with a list and article you didnt even read? Great, Bush has another son!

ALVAREZ6
10-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Good list.

AI-square
10-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Duncan at #1 is the only way it should be. Good to see respect for Ginobili (#14) and Billups (#18) as well.

Jason Richardson & Baron Davis = most explosive backcourt duo? I thought they'd be talking about Allen Iverson + Andre Iguodala by now.

nkdlunch
10-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Good list, except as usual :rolleyes Wade is ranked too high. I like this top 12:
1. Duncan
2. Shaq
3. Garnett
4. Kobe
5. Iverson
6. McGrady
7. Nowitzki
8. Amare
9. Wade
10. Lebron
11. Nash
12. Manu

TDMVPDPOY
10-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Duncan ranks number1. and that other editor dares to come out callin duncan a dork?? hahaha go hide under a rock and never show ur face again

Marcus Bryant
10-15-2005, 09:25 PM
There needs to be a top 50 "playoff player" list. To me, putting up a ton of points in February against the Hornets, Bobcats and Clippers of the league means very little. Who can bring it when it's winning time?

ducks
10-15-2005, 10:00 PM

yeah being lebron has let his team lose afte the all star break
and kg let his team suck last year

Obstructed_View
10-15-2005, 11:27 PM
yeah being lebron has let his team lose afte the all star break
and kg let his team suck last year
As much as I hate to agree with ducks, arguing that KG, Kobe and LeBron have to be above Duncan seems a little odd. Even though they are all great players, don't they get the slightest pentalty for not making the playoffs?