PDA

View Full Version : Are Asian basketball fans?

RD2191
06-15-2017, 03:06 PM
The biggest front-runner/bandwagon fans in sports? Mexican Americans being a close 2nd. TBH.

apalisoc_9
06-15-2017, 03:09 PM
A lot of good Asian fans like myself, but due to china's population I would say its the ethnicity with the most number of casual vanilla bandwagon fan.

In % though, I would imagine the average Redneck Is the worst.

Spurtacular
06-15-2017, 03:11 PM
A lot of good Asian fans like myself, but due to china's population I would say its the ethnicity with the most number of casual vanilla bandwagon fan.

Do you ever get tired of being an idiot?

Emperor
06-15-2017, 03:12 PM
Living in Vegas I've seen the same Filipinos repping Spurs in '14 and now the Warriors lol.

Spurtacular
06-15-2017, 03:13 PM
Living in Vegas I've seen the same Filipinos repping Spurs in '14 and now the Warriors lol.

I'm surprised they weren't Heat fans.

RD2191
06-15-2017, 03:13 PM

Yeah, you're an OG. I'm just saying in general, they have to be tops or at least close.

TheGreatYacht
06-15-2017, 03:14 PM
Na. Inbreds like Spurtacular and tholdren who like Jimmer, want to draft Rick Barry's nerd son, think David Lee brings IQ to the floor, believe Larry Bird is Top 10 all time, swear Nash deserved those MVP's while averaging 17 & 11 with no defense in those years, prefer college bball because there's more whites even though they don't play and just celebrate on the benches, and really believe the 50's is the greatest era in basketball.

White supremacist fans <<<<

look_at_g_shred
06-15-2017, 03:15 PM
I'm not entirely sure on this matter however if you want to talk about the Asian population killing thousands of innocent jewish black men while millions turn the other way? Well then that's a different story.

Emperor
06-15-2017, 03:15 PM
I'm surprised they weren't Heat fans.

After the Finals is when they made the switch, but saw more Laker jerseys before that though.

BatManu20
06-15-2017, 03:18 PM
I live in LA, and I swear every other Asian I have seen the past 3 days has been wearing warriors gear.. These same people were Lakers fans a couple years ago. So I'm going to say yes.

apalisoc_9
06-15-2017, 03:19 PM
Na. Inbreds like Spurtacular and tholdren who like Jimmer, want to draft Rick Barry's nerd son, think David Lee brings IQ to the floor, believe Larry Bird is Top 10 all time, swear Nash deserved those MVP's while averaging 17 & 11 with no defense in those years, prefer college bball because there's more whites even though they don't play and just celebrate on the benches, and really believe the 50's is the greatest era in basketball.

Pretty much. :lol

apalisoc_9
06-15-2017, 03:20 PM
I'm sure they're higher in number tbh.

apalisoc_9
06-15-2017, 03:21 PM
Can somboday post that gif of the laker fan Asian dude who changed jersey :lol

-21-
06-15-2017, 03:36 PM
Yes, yes they are.

Spurtacular
06-15-2017, 03:39 PM
I live in LA, and I swear every other Asian I have seen the past 3 days has been wearing warriors gear.. These same people were Lakers fans a couple years ago. So I'm going to say yes.

SpursforSix
06-15-2017, 03:51 PM

I'm not sure about that. Rednecks go down with the ship from what I've seen. They're loyal to a fault and to the point of being drunk for days if their team doesn't win. I'd guess that any redneck OKC fans would probably lynch KD if they ran into him at Aldi.

Spurtacular
06-15-2017, 04:01 PM
Na. Inbreds like Spurtacular (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49615) and tholdren (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=29395) who like Jimmer, want to draft Rick Barry's nerd son, think David Lee brings IQ to the floor, believe Larry Bird is Top 10 all time, swear Nash deserved those MVP's while averaging 17 & 11 with no defense in those years, prefer college bball because there's more whites even though they don't play and just celebrate on the benches, and really believe the 50's is the greatest era in basketball.

Remind us how Kawhi Leonard is the next Shaun Marion. You had that graphic up for like 3 years.

Spurtacular
06-15-2017, 04:13 PM
Na. Inbreds like Spurtacular (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49615) and tholdren (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=29395) who like Jimmer, want to draft Rick Barry's nerd son, think David Lee brings IQ to the floor, believe Larry Bird is Top 10 all time, swear Nash deserved those MVP's while averaging 17 & 11 with no defense in those years, prefer college bball because there's more whites even though they don't play and just celebrate on the benches, and really believe the 50's is the greatest era in basketball.

* Just cos your post is at least half-way entertaining, I'll play along. Jimmer is awesome. He showed he's better than Isiah Thomas, who was just given the platform to take the Celtics to a conference finals. He'll likely never get a fair go in the NBA. But I'll be happy if he at least finds a niche ala JJ Reddick.

* I have no idea who the Barry kid is. Contrary to your neanderthal schtick, skin color is not a lightning rod that automatically draws me to players. And I responded to a similar post to your apalisoc_9 sock on this, the other day. But it's not like I expect you to drop this bone.

* I've been mildly complimentary to D Lee on this board, this season. That's it. And he did a good job this season, did he not? So, basically you have a really shitty non point there.

* Nash was a legit MVP candidate in the seasons he won. Given your angle, I don't think I need to split hairs on whether he should've won or not.

* I actually stopped watching college basketball except for March Madness for many years. If I do have any preference for it, it is from a gambling perspective. It's a finer science than WWE basketball, imo. I make more money more consistently on it, anyways. But as far as fanhood goes, the Spurs are the only team I've consistently rooted for in any of the big four sports for the last five years. I have a dormant interest in some other teams. But I've been putting my money where my mouth is in any event, paying for league pass to watch the Spurs and betting on them consistently just to make the games extra fun.

* 50's era basketball is the worst. Though, that's not all their fault; the equipment was terrible. Playground balls on an elementary playground dwarf the balls they had to use. And go ahead and find even one post where I've talked up 50's basketball. I get that you were just talking out of your ass and all; but if you're gonna consistently try to indict me of something, maybe you should try sticking to the facts. What's that? You wouldn't have a case if you did that?

* Larry Bird's a legend. Any real basketball fan knows this.

xellos88330
06-15-2017, 04:19 PM
I am half Asian, and am ALL Spurs, 49'ers (even though Krapernick destroyed the franchise), Sabres fan.

benefactor
06-15-2017, 04:24 PM
Blacks are pretty bad too...but it's mostly players they bandwagon. When I'd go Lakers/Cavs games in SA the darkie count wearing Kobe/LeBron jerseys was through the roof tbh

Clipper Nation
06-15-2017, 04:28 PM
Jimmer is awesome. He showed he's better than Isiah Thomas, who was just given the platform to take the Celtics to a conference finals.
:lmao

rastaspur
06-15-2017, 04:52 PM

I would dispute that theory from a southeast perspective. Rednecks in the south just dont give two shits about the nba.

They might root for their favorite college teams basketball program but its kind of going through the motions allegiance. Football reigns supreme with rednecks. Then baseball.

rastaspur
06-15-2017, 04:53 PM
Blacks are pretty bad too...but it's mostly players they bandwagon. When I'd go Lakers/Cavs games in SA the darkie count wearing Kobe/LeBron jerseys was through the roof tbh

I would tend to agree with this. Especially in regards to lebron and d wade

tonight...you
06-15-2017, 05:02 PM
Truth. But this world is ruled by hypocrisy on every side so... Good luck.

daslicer
06-15-2017, 06:03 PM
Blacks tend to be the biggest player fans. Asians bandwagon jump to any championship team. Mexicans tend to be similar to blacks since they also like to be player fans. White people tend to be an equal mix of bandwagon, player fans, loyal fans.

Spurtacular
06-15-2017, 06:14 PM
Blacks tend to be the biggest player fans. Asians bandwagon jump to any championship team. Mexicans tend to be similar to blacks since they also like to be player fans. White people tend to be an equal mix of bandwagon, player fans, loyal fans.

I like the take; but I think I'd split hairs on the Mexicans. Mexicans are often loyal fans to a fault. If not for them, the Lakers would not have gotten that huge TV contract, imo.

BD24
06-15-2017, 11:35 PM
Fucking retard Canadian showing his ignorance once again :lol

Rednecks don't give a fuck about the NBA. What a stupid ass hole.

houston spurs fan
06-16-2017, 08:22 AM

Hmmmm, I don't think Filipino's are Asian. They are classified Pacific Islander at least here in the states...