PDA

View Full Version : If Lebron came to the Spurs, would Westbrook follow suit?

Spurtacular
06-15-2017, 10:40 PM
If Lebron came to the Spurs, would Westbrook want to be the third in a big three that would tear KD and dublets apart, limb from limb? He would have that 'I need to chase after an MVP syndrome' out of the way after presumably winning this year; and he would presumably want a ring/want revenge on KD more than anything (unless loyalty to OKC or a return to LA is actually somehow that important to him). I can see this happening. And still yet, I think that would make the Spurs thee most dominant team in the league.

cutewizard
06-15-2017, 10:50 PM
Nice idea............

tmtcsc
06-15-2017, 11:19 PM
If Lebron came to the Spurs, would Westbrook want to be the third in a big three that would tear KD and dublets apart, limb from limb? He would have that 'I need to chase after an MVP syndrome' out of the way after presumably winning this year; and he would presumably want a ring/want revenge on KD more than anything (unless loyalty to OKC or a return to LA is actually somehow that important to him). I can see this happening. And still yet, I think that would make the Spurs thee most dominant team in the league.

I love Westbrook's tenacity but he's not a great teammate. Victor Oladipo definitely isn't a fan and will probably bolt when given a chance.

Spurtacular
06-15-2017, 11:23 PM
I love Westbrook's tenacity but he's not a great teammate. Victor Oladipo definitely isn't a fan and will probably bolt when given a chance.

He walked over cucks like Scott Brooks and Billy Donovan and KD. Pop and Lebron would set him straight.

sasaint
06-15-2017, 11:31 PM
He walked over cucks like Scott Brooks and Billy Donovan and KD. Pop and Lebron would set him straight.

Trying to set Russ straight is less dependent on having Pop and Lebron than it is Russ' attitude. Sounds like the making of a fractured locker room to me. Too many Alphas in the pack.

Biggems
06-15-2017, 11:45 PM
Trying to set Russ straight is less dependent on having Pop and Lebron than it is Russ' attitude. Sounds like the making of a fractured locker room to me. Too many Alphas in the pack.

Except, Leonard, Pop, and James have the jewelry to back up their alpha personas, Westbrook does not.

Spurtacular
06-15-2017, 11:45 PM

I think you might have a point for the long term. But they'd have red hot focus for winning that first ring together.

cd98
06-15-2017, 11:48 PM
No.

sasaint
06-15-2017, 11:53 PM
Except, Leonard, Pop, and James have the jewelry to back up their alpha personas, Westbrook does not.

Jewelry doesn't seem likely to change a character such as WB's.

However (and I acknowledge how this undermines my own position), it always rankled me that when OKC beat us in the playoffs, they played great, unselfish team basketball better than we did. What made that particularly maddening was seeing them revert to their selfish WB/Durant chucking ways in the next round and get beat.

4lifecowboy
06-16-2017, 05:31 AM
Do Leonard or Westbrook strike you as the "let's form a super team type" . Hell no, they are true alphas. Go look at the Laker vs Celtics 30 for 30, part 3 that is how real men respond to adversity. To steal a quote from Tombstone, "Make no mistake it isn't about revenge, it is about the reckoning."

benefactor
06-16-2017, 05:46 AM
I don't know that Westbrook cares much about winning a ring. He seems to be pretty content in OKC where they let him endlessly stat pad and no one challenges him.

sasaint
06-16-2017, 10:34 AM
I don't know that Westbrook cares much about winning a ring. He seems to be pretty content in OKC where they let him endlessly stat pad and no one challenges him.

Yep. No way WB plays for a coach who tells him up front that he will not get as many minutes or touches or shots with this team - much less as many boards or assists - because we won't sacrifice team ball for him to get his stats.

Poolboy5623
06-16-2017, 10:45 AM
The Spurs sign one free agent(Aldridge) and all of a sudden everyone is coming???

SpursforSix
06-16-2017, 11:01 AM
The Spurs sign one free agent(Aldridge) and all of a sudden everyone is coming???

The Spurs have the best player in the league. That's why another top 10 player would come here. That and to a degree, Pop.

cd98
06-16-2017, 11:11 AM
Not sure Westbrook can co-exist with anyone that wants at least 8 shot attempts a game. And LeBron is chasing Jordan's legacy, which means he needs 6 as the "man." Not sure that will work with Leonard, but it certainly won't work with Westbrook.

SanAntonioSpurs23
06-16-2017, 12:20 PM
PG- Westbrook
SG- Leonard
SF- Lebron
PF- Anthony Davis
C- Cousins

Bench
PG- chris Paul
SG- James Harden
SF- Paul George

NameLess Scrub
06-16-2017, 12:29 PM
WB might like his current situation more than anything. Dude is probably diagnosable for OCD in the aspect of getting his stats filled.

What's going to happen when he tries to take rebounds from the big men and they don't allow him?

Poolboy5623
06-16-2017, 12:43 PM
PG- Westbrook
SG- Leonard
SF- Lebron
PF- Anthony Davis
C- Cousins

Bench
PG- chris Paul
SG- James Harden
SF- Paul George

THIS

sasaint
06-16-2017, 07:57 PM
Not sure Westbrook can co-exist with anyone that wants at least 8 shot attempts a game. And LeBron is chasing Jordan's legacy, which means he needs 6 as the "man." Not sure that will work with Leonard, but it certainly won't work with Westbrook.

:tu

Spurtacular
06-16-2017, 08:06 PM
Do Leonard or Westbrook strike you as the "let's form a super team type" . Hell no, they are true alphas. Go look at the Laker vs Celtics 30 for 30, part 3 that is how real men respond to adversity. To steal a quote from Tombstone, "Make no mistake it isn't about revenge, it is about the reckoning."

I think you're romanticizing them, tbh.

Spurtacular
06-16-2017, 08:08 PM

Lebron's not getting 6 as "the man" no matter where he goes or stays.

Biggems
06-16-2017, 11:35 PM
Jewelry doesn't seem likely to change a character such as WB's.

However (and I acknowledge how this undermines my own position), it always rankled me that when OKC beat us in the playoffs, they played great, unselfish team basketball better than we did. What made that particularly maddening was seeing them revert to their selfish WB/Durant chucking ways in the next round and get beat.

Without a doubt very frustrating........and annoying

Robz4000
06-16-2017, 11:52 PM
Westchimp would be an awful fit with Lebron since he can't really play offball and neither him or Lebron are good shooters. Point is moot though, there's no chance either comes to the Spurs.

BillMc
06-17-2017, 01:49 AM
where did all these Lebron to SA talk come from?

Spurtacular
06-17-2017, 01:58 AM
where did all these Lebron to SA talk come from?

A simple understanding of the psychology of a ring chaser. If Lebron's best chance to get more rings is in SA (GS not being eligible b/c he'd take too much hell; and he hates Curry, anyways), then it doesn't take a rumor even for the talk to start up.

Mal
06-17-2017, 07:21 AM
PG- Westbrook
SG- Leonard
SF- Lebron
PF- Anthony Davis
C- Cousins

Bench
PG- chris Paul
SG- James Harden
SF- Paul George

Lack of depth. Won't work

BSfromTX
06-17-2017, 09:29 AM
Honestly, I don't think Westbrook is smart enough and his ego is too big.

IMO, I think he is the best player in the league. He can pass, rebound, score, and play defense. He will never be anyone's second fiddle though, so I think it is a pipe dream unless they all differ to him

Ice009
06-17-2017, 10:09 AM
Honestly, I don't think Westbrook is smart enough and his ego is too big.

IMO, I think he is the best player in the league. He can pass, rebound, score, and play defense. He will never be anyone's second fiddle though, so I think it is a pipe dream unless they all differ to him

What defense??????

And you think he's better than Kawhi? Sorry, I disagree.

skulls138
06-17-2017, 10:23 AM
If Lebron came to the Spurs, would Westbrook want to be the third in a big three that would tear KD and dublets apart, limb from limb? He would have that 'I need to chase after an MVP syndrome' out of the way after presumably winning this year; and he would presumably want a ring/want revenge on KD more than anything (unless loyalty to OKC or a return to LA is actually somehow that important to him). I can see this happening. And still yet, I think that would make the Spurs thee most dominant team in the league.One superteam works and everybody thinks they need a superteam when the evidence says they usually don't work. Not only that but is GSW a superteam? Sure they added KD but no one knew Klay and Steph and Greene were going to be what they were. And in Cleveland, did KLove live up to his potential, no, it has more to do with Tristan and Jefferson etc. Kyrie yes but two great players don't make a superteam. How did the Knicks superteam workout, this one and with Amare? How about Carmelo and Iverson? How about Payton, Malone or Nash and Kobe or Barkley, Hakeem and Drexler? No we need solid players like I heard Porzingis doesn't like the Knicks. That's smart.

DMC
06-17-2017, 12:08 PM

Do you guys get together and plan these shitty offerings, then sit back and IM each other giggling about it like it's cute?

You just can't wait for someone to write a wall of text explaining why what you suggested is impossible and even if it weren't, wouldn't make a difference in the West.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-17-2017, 12:40 PM
A simple understanding of the psychology of a ring chaser. If Lebron's best chance to get more rings is in SA (GS not being eligible b/c he'd take too much hell; and he hates Curry, anyways), then it doesn't take a rumor even for the talk to start up.
Also it's more plausible to assume that LeBron would go to a top-contender team like the Spurs. Even if LeBron going to the Spurs is nothing more than rumor and speculation, it's a more plausible theory than LeBron going to the fucking Clippers of all teams as the media has been talking about.

Spurtacular
06-17-2017, 04:41 PM
Do you guys get together and plan these shitty offerings, then sit back and IM each other giggling about it like it's cute?

You just can't wait for someone to write a wall of text explaining why what you suggested is impossible and even if it weren't, wouldn't make a difference in the West.

Who raped you?

Spurtacular
06-17-2017, 04:58 PM
Also it's more plausible to assume that LeBron would go to a top-contender team like the Spurs. Even if LeBron going to the Spurs is nothing more than rumor and speculation, it's a more plausible theory than LeBron going to the fucking Clippers of all teams as the media has been talking about.

Yea, the media will always pimp the big market. Their rationale is he has a house in LA. Well, he ain't gonna go buy a house in San Antonio for the offseason. :lol

BSfromTX
06-17-2017, 06:45 PM
What defense??????

And you think he's better than Kawhi? Sorry, I disagree.

No,you are right. I meant to say I feel like he should be the best player. If he played smarter and not for himself and played to his potential on defense, yes I think he COULD be considered the best.

DMC
06-18-2017, 02:44 AM
Who raped you?

You did with your mouth.

"Prevent rape, suck a dick"

NameLess Scrub
06-18-2017, 11:26 AM
Don't remember anybody saying.. Lebron is probably done getting bad PR for dissing Cleveland. You guys think he'll leave them again to go the Spurs where he could end up not being able to use other superstars as sidekicks? I mean, he might start actually declining and Kawhi would be the clear #1 superstar.

Spurtacular
06-18-2017, 06:54 PM
You did with your mouth.

"Prevent rape, suck a dick"

As they used to say; You're a pill, dude.

As Pop might say; Get over yourself.

As I would say; Yea, I tend to rape you on this board, all the time.

E20
06-19-2017, 01:55 PM
Let's make it happen.

PG Prime Magic Johnson
SG: Prime Michael Jordan
SF: Kawhi Leonard
PF: Prime Tim Duncan
C: Prime Shaq

Sixth Man: 40 year old Manu
BN: Prime Lebron
BN: Prime Kobe
BN: Prime Gary Payton
BN: Prime John Stockton
BN: Prime Hakeem
BN: Prime David Robinson
Ball Boys: Prime Charles Barkley, Prime Patrick Ewing, Prime Dwyane Wade
Water Boys: Prime Chris Paul, Prime Kareem, Prime Wilt

Coaching Staff:
Head Coach: Pop
Assistant: Red Auerbach
Assistant: Phil Jackson
Assistant: Pat Riley
Trainer: 1975 Mr. Olympia Arnold Swharznegger

tmtcsc
06-30-2017, 09:31 PM

BUMP

Lol, I wonder if he drove the Paul George trade by voicing his displeasure at playing with Russ. I seriously doubt Paul George is going to stay in OKC but management was obviously willing to take the risk in an effort to appease Russ. Westbrook can bolt next year if he so chooses.

cd98
06-30-2017, 09:42 PM
Dude we can't get CP3 or PG. we aren't getting LeBron.

Mugen
06-30-2017, 09:51 PM
I would fucking hope not :lol