PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: why does merica suck at beisball when the have such athletic players?

dfens
06-16-2017, 09:40 AM
Sons this question is for the our fellow merican beisball fans tbh.

Why does the USA perform so bad at the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_World_Cup and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Baseball_Classic tbh? I mean you niggas invented this sport and no sports nation gives an absolute shit about it ... why y'all niggas let cuba/japan get all the rings ? With all them merican :monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey athletes?
I'm shocked that you suck so bad at your national sport, even when nobody gives a fuck about it ... can't even win in a 6 team competition against cuba/guatemala/puerto rico/chinese taipei :lmao pathetic tbh.

Clipper Nation
06-16-2017, 10:01 AM
This is like asking why the best European povertyball teams keep losing in the MLS All-Star Game:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Soccer_All-Star_Game

The World Baseball Classic isn't taken seriously here. The best American players don't play in it. If they did, we'd win every game by at least 10 runs :lol

Kim Jong-il
06-16-2017, 01:34 PM
:lmao USA literally just won the World Baseball Classic.

Thread
06-16-2017, 01:54 PM
One must have patience & be capable of waiting, of being still. We don't do that very well.

whitemamba
06-16-2017, 01:57 PM
This is like asking why the best European povertyball teams keep losing in the MLS All-Star Game:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Soccer_All-Star_Game

The World Baseball Classic isn't taken seriously here. The best American players don't play in it. If they did, we'd win every game by at least 10 runs :lol

:lol thats because they playing the 2nd and 3rd stringers

Clipper Nation
06-16-2017, 03:54 PM
:lol thats because they playing the 2nd and 3rd stringers
Hence why I made the comparison.

Chris
06-16-2017, 04:39 PM
Sons it's a well known fact that Dominicans dominate baseball, but Americans are a close runner up.

whitemamba
06-16-2017, 04:51 PM
Hence why I made the comparison.

wait, the US doesnt play their best players during baseballs biggest event?

Clipper Nation
06-16-2017, 05:10 PM
The World Series is baseball's biggest event. The World Baseball Classic is the MLS All-Star Game of baseball.

whitemamba
06-16-2017, 05:28 PM
The World Series is baseball's biggest event. The World Baseball Classic is the MLS All-Star Game of baseball.

So the best players don't care to represent their country? I dont watch MLS tbh.

Clipper Nation
06-16-2017, 05:32 PM
So the best players don't care to represent their country? I dont watch MLS tbh.
Why would they? The World Baseball Classic isn't some historic, important event. It's only existed since 2006. And it's played during Spring Training when teams and their players are focused on preparing for the upcoming season.

whitemamba
06-16-2017, 05:41 PM
Why would they? The World Baseball Classic isn't some historic, important event. It's only existed since 2006. And it's played during Spring Training when teams and their players are focused on preparing for the upcoming season.

thughts on the logo comin to clips ?

Clipper Nation
06-16-2017, 05:47 PM
thughts on the logo comin to clips ?
Very excited. West brings credibility, experience and basketball smarts that our front office desperately needs. He might be bribging his son along too, who would be a huge upgrade from Doc as GM.

apalisoc_9
06-16-2017, 06:23 PM
Sons this question is for the our fellow merican beisball fans tbh.

Why does the USA perform so bad at the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_World_Cup and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Baseball_Classic tbh? I mean you niggas invented this sport and no sports nation gives an absolute shit about it ... why y'all niggas let cuba/japan get all the rings ? With all them merican :monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey athletes?
I'm shocked that you suck so bad at your national sport, even when nobody gives a fuck about it ... can't even win in a 6 team competition against cuba/guatemala/puerto rico/chinese taipei :lmao pathetic tbh.

:tu

Kim Jong-il
06-16-2017, 07:03 PM
And they still won the thing :lmao

Mark Celibate
06-16-2017, 07:05 PM

:lol "baseball's biggest event"

This gimmick is barely ten years old. I forgot it even existed until this thread was made

whitemamba
06-16-2017, 07:13 PM
Very excited. West brings credibility, experience and basketball smarts that our front office desperately needs. He might be bribging his son along too, who would be a huge upgrade from Doc as GM.
Agreed , the greatest talent assessor of all time. West knows how to build teams , this is a scary move tbh. I think he'll fire doc as GM and try and bring in PG or Lebron or some other star caliber player to pair with CP.

And they still won the thing :lmao

:lol "baseball's biggest event"

This gimmick is barely ten years old. I forgot it even existed until this thread was made

Never even heard of it till today ? I was assuming it's like the WC?

midnightpulp
06-17-2017, 01:01 AM
Shitty thread due to poor research. The US is far and away the best baseball nation. Just won the WBC with 2nd string stars. All the best players in baseball (per WAR, OPS, OPS+, ERA+, and the like) are American. Mike Trout, Aaron Judge, Bryce Harper, Goldschmidt, etc. 24 of the last 34 MVPs (AL/NL) over the last 17 seasons are American. 28 of the last 34 Cy Young winners are American. 11 of the last 17 World Series MVPs are American.

The US doesn't dominate baseball like basketball, where we can just show up and win, and the reason is the world wide talent pool for baseball is much, much larger. After soccer, baseball has the deepest talent pool by far. There's a reason there's 6 minor league levels before the MLB.

"But basketball is like the second biggest sport in the world! Talent pool is huge!"

Basketball's gameplay pretty much excludes like 98% of the population. Only 14% of men in the US (which is a relatively tall country by worldwide standards) are over 6 feet. There's only one basketball position that calls for a player under 6'4" ish, and you typically have to be an athletic freak to play it. Basketball is probably the most exclusive professional sport regarding physical build, thus the smaller talent pool of players who realistically have a shot a pro ball.

apalisoc_9
06-17-2017, 03:06 AM
German excellence vs American...

Who exactly is going to trust your average fatso american tbh. :lol

dfens
06-17-2017, 07:53 AM
Shitty thread due to poor research. The US is far and away the best baseball nation. Just won the WBC with 2nd string stars. All the best players in baseball (per WAR, OPS, OPS+, ERA+, and the like) are American. Mike Trout, Aaron Judge, Bryce Harper, Goldschmidt, etc. 24 of the last 34 MVPs (AL/NL) over the last 17 seasons are American. 28 of the last 34 Cy Young winners are American. 11 of the last 17 World Series MVPs are American.

The US doesn't dominate baseball like basketball, where we can just show up and win, and the reason is the world wide talent pool for baseball is much, much larger. After soccer, baseball has the deepest talent pool by far. There's a reason there's 6 minor league levels before the MLB.

"But basketball is like the second biggest sport in the world! Talent pool is huge!"

Basketball's gameplay pretty much excludes like 98% of the population. Only 14% of men in the US (which is a relatively tall country by worldwide standards) are over 6 feet. There's only one basketball position that calls for a player under 6'4" ish, and you typically have to be an athletic freak to play it. Basketball is probably the most exclusive professional sport regarding physical build, thus the smaller talent pool of players who realistically have a shot a pro ball.

So you prefer to lose consistently at your national sport on the world stage .. kinda sad, acting like a spoiled princess tbh, don't you people have any dignity, sending trash out there under your country's flag? smh tbh.

seriously, american boys don't realize that basketball <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< football in terms of interest/fandom/$$$/opportunities/etc. If Germans gave a fuck about basketball we'd be a very strong contender, as we are tall on average, coordinated, determined and teamwork oriented. We'd play the spurs way not any of this new age nigball and we'd win against your unorganized nigs.

Clipper Nation
06-17-2017, 09:35 AM
German excellence vs American...

Who exactly is going to trust your average fatso american tbh. :lol
The "fatsos" are 2-0 against Germany in world wars, tbh. We also didn't put Merkel in charge of our country.

:lol "German excellence"

Clipper Nation
06-17-2017, 09:37 AM
So you prefer to lose consistently at your national sport on the world stage .. kinda sad, acting like a spoiled princess tbh, don't you people have any dignity, sending trash out there under your country's flag? smh tbh
:lol "The world stage"

I thought nobody cared about baseball outside of North America. Now some lame gimmick tournament that not even Americans care about is "the world stage"? Can't have it both ways, tbh.

Robz4000
06-17-2017, 09:41 AM
Really poor trolling attempt by OP, and that's saying something considering how poor ST's troll game has been the past few months.

dfens
06-17-2017, 12:49 PM
Really poor trolling attempt by OP, and that's saying something considering how poor ST's troll game has been the past few months.

I agree tbh but if it works it works :lol

Robz4000
06-17-2017, 01:01 PM
I agree tbh but if it works it works :lol

Tru