PDA

View Full Version : NBA: AI vs Kyrie

Venti Quattro
06-16-2017, 08:41 PM
KD is going with Kyrie, who are you going for?

Twisted_Dawg
06-16-2017, 08:56 PM
I'd like to see what AI could do in this modern era where goons aren't allowed to assault him every time he goes to the basket. Conversely, I'd like to see how Kylie handled the physicality AI had to endure.

DAF86
06-16-2017, 10:08 PM
Both are pretty equal in terms of ballhandling and slashing ability, while Irving has the clear advantage in terms of shooting. Only thing preventing me from saying "clearly Irving" is his inability to lead teams to above. 500 records everytime he got to be the number 1 option.

06-17-2017, 02:14 PM
Probably equal offensively, but AI is by far the better defender. I think Kyrie gets a bad rep for not taking his team to the playoffs as a number 1, but his team was really awful tbf. Otoh Kyrie was a big part of the biggest finals comeback in nba history, is a good teammate and didn't have a problem taking a lesser role.

LkrFan
06-17-2017, 02:43 PM
I'd like to see what AI could do in this modern era where goons aren't allowed to assault him every time he goes to the basket. Conversely, I'd like to see how Kylie handled the physicality AI had to endure.

This.

dfens
06-17-2017, 04:13 PM
AI quite easy tbh. AI is getting really underrated nowadays, people fail to remember his trash teams and their trash offensive systems (lol larry brown) and his crazy heroics/heart as #1 option. He also was at least a good positional and team defender while kyrie is beyond horrible. AI could also competently run a team while kyrie can't even run a rec team :lol

Kyrie is imo a slightly better iso player but only when he is hot but that's about it, and even then AI is a better offensive player overall (aggressive drives leading to FTs, played against contact rules, better movement with and without the ball). When kyrie isn't hot and given the ball he is a undersized SG chucker who can't move without the ball, can't run the team, can't be hidden on defense, is lazy, a very poor transition defender, and he also stagnates the offense. Just shows low IQ. Just a huge minus.

Also people who think he was great in the finals need to realize he played as a 2nd option (to lebron who took 80% of the defensive attention) against a very poor defender in curry and on a very fast pace. People nowadays are just happy to eat up narratives (kyrie is so skilled) over simple but effective realities. It's the same in kobe vs lebron, just proof that fans are getting dumber and dumber.

lebomb
06-20-2017, 07:11 AM
AI quite easy tbh. AI is getting really underrated nowadays, people fail to remember his trash teams and their trash offensive systems (lol larry brown) and his crazy heroics/heart as #1 option. He also was at least a good positional and team defender while kyrie is beyond horrible. AI could also competently run a team while kyrie can't even run a rec team :lol

Kyrie is imo a slightly better iso player but only when he is hot but that's about it, and even then AI is a better offensive player overall (aggressive drives leading to FTs, played against contact rules, better movement with and without the ball). When kyrie isn't hot and given the ball he is a undersized SG chucker who can't move without the ball, can't run the team, can't be hidden on defense, is lazy, a very poor transition defender, and he also stagnates the offense. Just shows low IQ. Just a huge minus.

Also people who think he was great in the finals need to realize he played as a 2nd option (to lebron who took 80% of the defensive attention) against a very poor defender in curry and on a very fast pace. People nowadays are just happy to eat up narratives (kyrie is so skilled) over simple but effective realities. It's the same in kobe vs lebron, just proof that fans are getting dumber and dumber.

Yeah, what about his 36 and 40pt outbursts. I think people dont know how good Kyrie really is. He just needs more help other than Lebron. The rest of the Cavs are basically mediocre. Swap Kyrie and Curry and I bet you a million to one the Warriors still ring.